PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Path To the Super Bowl

RINGLEADER
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Not predicting this, but simply outlining what would lay ahead if the season was 12 games long and ended today.....

We would host the Baltimore Ravens. A victory would send us to Pittsburgh. And if we made it past the Steelers we'd either go to New York to face the Jets or host the survivor of New England/Jacksonville.

Of course this could all be different tomorrow with the Jets/Patriots game so take it with a grain of salt.....

Earthling
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I had a dream that the Chiefs won the SB against Atlanta, with Gonzales sitting in the end zone, a dazed look on his face saying..."What the f**k !!"

swayy07
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
I had a dream that the Chiefs won the SB against Atlanta, with Gonzales sitting in the end zone, a dazed look on his face saying..."What the f**k !!"

i think that would make every single chiefs fan in the world just give him the http://flipthatbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/middle-finger-of-apocalypse.jpg that being said i love the guy but i wouldnt feel sorry for him.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2010, 11:36 PM
We would get eviscerated in Pittsburgh.

Absolutely destroyed.

But that's OK.

LiL stumppy
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM

Absolutely destroyed.

But that's OK.

No,no we wouldn't.

We wouldn't win, but we wouldn't get man handled.

bishop_74
12-05-2010, 11:41 PM

Absolutely destroyed.

But that's OK.

Wasn't that one of the few games we won last year when we were worse?

Dave Lane
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM

Absolutely destroyed.

But that's OK.

Lot of people agreed with that last year too. How'd that work out?

jjchieffan
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Man, I love the Chiefs, and can even be a bit homerific from time to time, but I think this team is just not there yet. I will be hoping for a win in every playoff game they are in, but I just don't see us being able to beat the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, or Jets this year. They are all just playing on a different level this year. I think we are one more offseaon of filling holes to be on that level. We need another receiving threat, a better RT, a true NT, and another pass rusher opposite Hali, for starters. Those holes will be exposed against the NFL elite in the playoffs.

Pushead2
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
IF, (KEYWORD IF) we get to the playoffs. I'll be really content with a playoff win.

Aries Walker
12-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Considering that we've already won more games than most people predicted for the whole season in their pre-season pick 'ems, I'm quite chuffed now.

WebGem
12-06-2010, 03:50 AM
IF, (KEYWORD IF) we get to the playoffs. I'll be really content with a playoff win.

I've been saying this since we started 3-0. I am, however, starting to think we are very capable of a little more. Just maybe.

Slainte
12-06-2010, 04:04 AM

I would too, but I doubt they'll get it against the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots or Jets.

Well, maybe the Jets. But those others? No...

Hootie
12-06-2010, 05:15 AM
we can and WOULD beat the Jets or Ravens at home...

I'd have a hard time seeing us beating the Steelers or Patriots regardless of venue...

The Bad Guy
12-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Man, I love the Chiefs, and can even be a bit homerific from time to time, but I think this team is just not there yet. I will be hoping for a win in every playoff game they are in, but I just don't see us being able to beat the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, or Jets this year. They are all just playing on a different level this year. I think we are one more offseaon of filling holes to be on that level. We need another receiving threat, a better RT, a true NT, and another pass rusher opposite Hali, for starters. Those holes will be exposed against the NFL elite in the playoffs.

The Jets are far from NFL Elite. Every one of the teams you mentioned has holes. Steelers have no line, and a suspect pass d. Ravens defense isn't close to what it once was, their run game can't get going and Flacco is far from the chosen one.

This year, I think more so than ever, the competitive balance is pretty close.

DMAC
12-06-2010, 08:15 AM
We have more of a complete team than people realize.

Amnorix
12-06-2010, 08:44 AM
We have more of a complete team than people realize.

Probably so.

You guys also don't seem to realize how deeply flawed the other teams are.

Sanchez is completing like 55% of his passes and has a rating of like 80.

Patriots pass defense is GOD-AWFUL.

etc.

Molitoth
12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY

mcan
12-06-2010, 08:56 AM
We're capable of beating anybody. We just run the ball so damn well. We defend well. And we have shown that when the rubber meets the road, we can throw a bit too. Should we get into the playoffs (especially if we have a home game), then we can do some serious damage.

This team WILL be better next year than they are right now, and hopefully even better the year after. But no question, we can be and ARE competitive with the best the NFL can throw at us right now. It's a good time to be a Chiefs fan.

eazyb81
12-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I still think our defense is a player or two away from being an elite, SB-type defense on par with the Steelers or Jets.

We can definitely win a home game, but winning two games on the road against two of the these four teams will be extremely difficult.

I'd really like to see how nasty our D could be if we paired up a top OLB on the opposite side of Hali.

King_Chief_Fan
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Not predicting this, but simply outlining what would lay ahead if the season was 12 games long and ended today.....

We would host the Baltimore Ravens. A victory would send us to Pittsburgh. And if we made it past the Steelers we'd either go to New York to face the Jets or host the survivor of New England/Jacksonville.

Of course this could all be different tomorrow with the Jets/Patriots game so take it with a grain of salt.....

I don't see the Chiefs getting past Baltimore or Pittsburgh. Those defenses will kill Cassel and anyone running the ball. It would still be good to get there though.

ReynardMuldrake
12-06-2010, 09:13 AM
If we can stay healthy, we will stay competitive. At this point I think we have an outside chance at making it to the SB.

JD10367
12-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Props to those supporting the Chiefs. Splintery rake handle up the ass for the whiners. "We couldn't beat Pittsburgh!" "Baltimore will kill us!" "The Chargers are gonna win by three touchdowns!" MAN THE **** UP. This season, even more so than others, every team has flaws that can be exploited. If the Chiefs run the ball the way they've already shown they can (you know, the #1 running game in the NFL kinda thing?) and Cassel keeps minimizing his mistakes, the KC defense is MORE than good enough to keep them in games. And you have Haley, Weis, and Crennel, which cannot be understated once playoff time starts. If the Giants can limp into the playoffs and beat the undefeated Patriots in '07, the same way the unheralded Patriots beat the "unbeatable" Rams in '01... There is no team the Chiefs cannot beat if they play up to their abilities. Suck it up, buttercups.