PDA

View Full Version : MU Missouri gets Insight Bowl

mnchiefsguy
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Did not see anything posted on the first two pages, but Missouri is going to the Insight Bowl. According to Channel 9 tonight, the Insight passed on Nebraska and chose Missouri instead. I noticed Nebraska is playing the Holiday Bowl vs. Washington, while Mizzou gets Iowa in the Insight Bowl. Should be a good game....what do yall think? Did we screw Nebraska and get a better bowl game?

joesomebody
12-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Did not see anything posted on the first two pages, but Missouri is going to the Insight Bowl. According to Channel 9 tonight, the Insight passed on Nebraska and chose Missouri instead. I noticed Nebraska is playing the Holiday Bowl vs. Washington, while Mizzou gets Iowa in the Insight Bowl. Should be a good game....what do yall think? Did we screw Nebraska and get a better bowl game?Tough to say. I like that we're playing Iowa. Should be a good game. Not really a rivalry, but maybe some bragging rights for whoever wins.

Neither bowl is exactly prestigious, so I wouldn't say we screwed anyone. We're ranked higher and had the same record as Nebraska (going into the Big 12 Championship). They beat us handily though, so there is no doubt who the better team is.

Pairing Nebraska and Iowa might have made for an interesting prequel to the new Big 10.

Record doesn't show it, but I'm a little scared of Iowa. 5 losses, but by a total of something like 18 points.

LiveSteam
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
meh Husker fans don't really care. & i dont think the Insight Bowl had much of a choice. The other alternative would have been Iowa VS another Big10 team. All we care about now is Shaun Watson moving on down the road.
Tigers will beat Iowa like a cheap drum

BWillie
12-06-2010, 12:00 AM
meh Husker fans don't really care. & i dont think the Insight Bowl had much of a choice. The other alternative would have been Iowa VS another Big10 team. All we care about now is Shaun Watson moving on down the road.
Tigers will beat Iowa like a cheap drum

Iowa beat the living piss out of Mich St. They lost to Wisconsin by being to lazy to safe punt cover and was beating Ohio State the entire game until the fourth qtr. All three of those teams are in the top ten. With that said Iowa sucks at defending spread offenses, I would much rather Iowa face Nebraska

|Zach|
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
meh Husker fans don't really care.

Yes.

That sounds like Husker fans.

Zaiko
12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Iowa has several losses this season, but don't doubt that they're a real good football team.

They could've easily had a top 10 year if not for a couple fuckups.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Iowa has several losses this season, but don't doubt that they're a real good football team.

They could've easily had a top 10 year if not for a couple ****ups.

Nebraska could easily being playing Auburn or Oregon to.
If not for a couple hundred fumbles. Whats your point ?

Zaiko
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Nebraska could easily being playing Auburn or Oregon to.
If not for a couple hundred fumbles. Whats your point ?

I'm saying they shouldn't be overlooked just because they have 5 losses or aren't ranked. They lost those 5 games by a combined 18 points and murdered Michigan State.

The talent is definitely there, they just couldn't come through in a couple key games.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2010, 12:55 AM
@ThomasJefferson: He that pisses his pants and chomps his gum deserves neither (pants, gum).

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm saying they shouldn't be overlooked just because they have 5 losses or aren't ranked. They lost those 5 games by a combined 18 points and murdered Michigan State.

The talent is definitely there, they just couldn't come through in a couple key games.

Im just talking a lil late night SMACK. Your point is well made.
I do hope Missouri kicks the hell out of Iowa. I get so sick of Iowa fan calling Omaha sport's radio
& their pathetic attempts to run SMACK

CoMoChief
12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
This whole Bowl selection shit (mostly) is ass backwards.

Nebraska beats MU earlier in the year...not only beats them but clobbers them, not even making it close to what anyone would call a game. They're ranked higher than MU coming into this last weekend when they played in the Big12 champ game against OU (since they won the North division). Nebraska fans will have no problem selling tickets regardless of what venue they go to, they travel better than 99% of the college football fanbase.

But they get a better bowl than MU? - Doesn't make sense to me. I hate Nebraska football but this whole selection process is pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

And speaking of MU...They kill TXAM down in their house.....finish with a better record and are ranked higher in every poll, but TXAM gets the Cotton Bowl? Didn't MU sell out (their portion) the Cotton Bowl just a few seasons ago? And it's in Dallas....the venue isn't (too) far away from the fanbase region, about a day's worth of driving.

There DESPERATELY needs to be some post-season reform in college football. Here's what I would do:

FIRST - All conferences MUST have a conference championship game. I think it's stupid that some do have an extra game, and some don't. Doesn't make any sense to me. Either all conferences have one at the end, or everyone does away with it and there isn't one. Since the NCAA loves their money and TV ratings, I figured in my proposal that I'd make every conference have a conf champ game, and yes it would effect BCS rankings like it does now, so if you **** up in the conf champ game, it could cost ya.

BCS PLAYOFF SYSTEM
- TOP 8 BCS ranked teams
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

- Each of the 4 above games would play at the 4 main bowl sites...Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Sugar Bowl. The matchups would rotate so each venue would have a different seeding matchup every year (so that one bowl site wouldn't always get the #1 seed team...and so on).
EXAMPLE:
2011 2012 2013 2014
1 vs 8 ROSE ORANGE FIESTA SUGAR
2 vs 7 ORANGE FIESTA SUGAR ROSE
3 vs 6 FIESTA SUGAR ROSE ORANGE
4 vs 5 SUGAR ROSE ORANGE FIESTA

There would be a "Final 4". Like in Men's college hoops, the final four round and National Title game would all be at the same site and would rotate venues kinda like the Super Bowl does.

***BCS ranked teams #9-10 would ALWAYS play in the Cotton Bowl***

Then I think also the requirements to qualify for a Bowl game needs to be reformed as well. I think 6 games is not enough....most teams schedule 3-4 bullshit teams in their non-conference schedule and then only need to win 2-3 conference games to become "bowl eligible" What kind of ****ing bullshit is that? I think the requirement needs to be that you must have an overall winning record (which is usually 7+ Wins in a 12-game schedule) AND a conference record of at least .500 winning%. If you don't have BOTH of those requirements, guess what you're ****ed and are not bowl eligible. Independents like Notre Dame, Army, Navy would just have to go by their overall record which would have to also be +.500 winning%.

***If this was the case, these rules would make the "current" bowl eligible teams, not eligible***
BYU
UTEP
Louisville
Florida International
Georgia Tech
East Carolina
Illinois
K-State
South Florida
Clemson
Northwestern
Texas Tech
Georgia
Washington (wtf? - NEB gonna play a 6-win team in a bowl game this year?)
Kentucky (2-6 in conf, that's bullshit)
Middle Tennessee
Michigan
(There could be more, I just went through the bowl listings...may have forgotten a team or 2, it's late and I'm tired....you get the idea).

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 01:11 AM

Nebraska beats MU earlier in the year...not only beats them but clobbers them, not even making it close to what anyone would call a game. They're ranked higher than MU coming into this last weekend when they played in the Big12 champ game against OU (since they won the North division). Nebraska fans will have no problem selling tickets regardless of what venue they go to, they travel better than 99% of the college football fanbase.

But they get a better bowl than MU? - Doesn't make sense to me. I hate Nebraska football but this whole selection process is pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

And speaking of MU...They kill TXAM down in their house.....finish with a better record and are ranked higher in every poll, but TXAM gets the Cotton Bowl? Didn't MU sell out (their portion) the Cotton Bowl just a few seasons ago? And it's in Dallas....the venue isn't (too) far away from the fanbase region, about a day's worth of driving.

There DESPERATELY needs to be some post-season reform in college football. Here's what I would do:

FIRST - All conferences MUST have a conference championship game. I think it's stupid that some do have an extra game, and some don't. Doesn't make any sense to me. Either all conferences have one at the end, or everyone does away with it and there isn't one. Since the NCAA loves their money and TV ratings, I figured in my proposal that I'd make every conference have a conf champ game, and yes it would effect BCS rankings like it does now, so if you **** up in the conf champ game, it could cost ya.

BCS PLAYOFF SYSTEM
- TOP 8 BCS ranked teams
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

- Each of the 4 above games would play at the 4 main bowl sites...Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Sugar Bowl. The matchups would rotate so each venue would have a different seeding matchup every year (so that one bowl site wouldn't always get the #1 seed team...and so on).
EXAMPLE:
2011 2012 2013 2014
1 vs 8 ROSE ORANGE FIESTA SUGAR
2 vs 7 ORANGE FIESTA SUGAR ROSE
3 vs 6 FIESTA SUGAR ROSE ORANGE
4 vs 5 SUGAR ROSE ORANGE FIESTA

***BCS ranked teams #9-10 would ALWAYS play in the Cotton Bowl***

Then I think also the requirements to qualify for a Bowl game needs to be reformed as well. I think 6 games is not enough....most teams schedule 3-4 bullshit teams in their non-conference schedule and then only need to win 2-3 conference games to become "bowl eligible" What kind of ****ing bullshit is that? I think the requirement needs to be that you must have an overall winning record (which is usually 7+ Wins in a 12-game schedule) AND a conference record of at least .500 winning%. If you don't have BOTH of those requirements, guess what you're ****ed and are not bowl eligible. Independents like Notre Dame, Army, Navy would just have to go by their overall record which would have to also be +.500 winning%.

***If this was the case, these rules would make the "current" bowl eligible teams, not eligible***
BYU
UTEP
Louisville
Florida International
Georgia Tech
East Carolina
Illinois
K-State
South Florida
Clemson
Northwestern
Texas Tech
Georgia
Washington (wtf? - NEB gonna play a 6-win team in a bowl game this year?)
Kentucky (2-6 in conf, that's bullshit)
Middle Tennessee
Michigan
(There could be more, I just went through the bowl listings...may have forgotten a team or 2, it's late and I'm tired....you get the idea).

The Insight bowl didn't want 2 Big 10 teams.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Its a joke for sure No 2 ways about it. Its never going to change. You sniffed as close to change,as you ever will again this summer when the Big 12 about got TKO-ed

alanm
12-06-2010, 02:46 AM
The Insight bowl didn't want 2 Big 10 teams.Not only that but the Holiday is below the Insight now.
Can't wait to face Washington again. PBJ:spock::ZZZ:

kepp
12-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Nebraska beats MU earlier in the year...not only beats them but clobbers them, not even making it close to what anyone would call a game. They're ranked higher than MU coming into this last weekend when they played in the Big12 champ game against OU (since they won the North division).

No, they weren't - http://www.footballfoundation.org/pdf/BCS2010/BCS_SHORT.Week7.ITAWVPIWBA.11.28.10.pdf

kepp
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
FYI - http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/252830-miami-may-seek-pelinis-interest?eref=fromSI

...probably not much to it.

Molitoth
12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Yes.

Why should NU fans be excited to face a shitty Washington team (again) in the scrub bowl? Husker fans have cared too much this year about this underachieving team... if fans finally don't give a shit, then good for them. Fans have a right to be pissed off at this team for losing once again to Texas and Oklahoma.

the Talking Can
12-06-2010, 08:53 AM
as an outsider, MU v Iowa is a good matchup.....that's a game i want to see

Bane
12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey Nebraska,GTFO and STAY DOWN BITCHES /Texas

notorious
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
as an outsider, MU v Iowa is a good matchup.....that's a game i want to see

Yep. I agree.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Hey Nebraska,GTFO and STAY DOWN BITCHES /Texas

This is like the 10th time you have posted the same comment
Insane in the memBANE, Insane in the memBANE.
Your SMACK suck's.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
The Insight Bowl is higher in the pecking order (and payout) than the Holiday Bowl now. MU got a better bowl than NU.

Dartgod
12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes.

Why should NU fans be excited to face a shitty Washington team (again) in the scrub bowl? Husker fans have cared too much this year about this underachieving team... if fans finally don't give a shit, then good for them. Fans have a right to be pissed off at this team for losing once again to Texas and Oklahoma.
Zach's post was nothing more than another parting shot to NU fans. For a group of people who supposedly don't give a crap about Nebraska anymore, they sure go out of their way to take shots at them at every opportunity.

Not that it bothers me any. Just merely making an observation.

kepp
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
The Insight Bowl is higher in the pecking order (and payout) than the Holiday Bowl now. MU got a better bowl than NU.

Over $1MM more in payout...nice.

POND_OF_RED
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I simply can't wait for this game. My dad's a big Hawkeyes fan so we always like to give each other shit about who has the better team. It's gonna be nice to actually get to watch them settle the argument on the field. Unless of course we lose, in which case it will suck tremendously.

vailpass
12-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Fucking Insight Bowl. Very dissapointing.

Chief Henry
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I simply can't wait for this game. My dad's a big Hawkeyes fan so we always like to give each other shit about who has the better team. It's gonna be nice to actually get to watch them settle the argument on the field. Unless of course we lose, in which case it will suck tremendously.

Missouri should have NO Problem with this years Iowa football team.
Iowa struggles mightly with Missouri's style of offense. Iowa should be on a 4 game losing streak going into this bowl game. Iowa's not gotten the senior leadership Iowa fans expected. Iowa's been a HUGE disapointment.

Missouri should win by double digits.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
****ing Insight Bowl. Very dissapointing.The Insight was a best case scenario. MU fans don't have too much room to complain.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Should be a good game.

Hopefully, Iowa can play the way most expected they would when the year began. :)

kepp
12-06-2010, 11:04 AM
The Insight was a best case scenario. MU fans don't have too much room to complain.

I *think* he's an Iowa fan. In which case, at 7-5, they have even less of a reason to be upset.

vailpass
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
The Insight was a best case scenario. MU fans don't have too much room to complain.

I'm an Iowa fan. Insight is not where I hoped to end up at the start of this season and is a big letdown from the BCS bowl we went to last year. At 7-5 I wouldn't have cared if they declined the bowl and stayed home.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm an Iowa fan. Insight is not where I hoped to end up at the start of this season and is a big letdown from the BCS bowl we went to last year. At 7-5 I wouldn't have cared if they declined the bowl and stayed home.

If Indiana, receiver could catch, you might have gotten your wish.

Chief Henry
12-06-2010, 11:23 AM

Exactly...I can't believe Iowa fans will travel that well for this bowl game.

I would have gone to the Rose Bowl, but this one is of NO value to me. Not the way they folded down the stretch.

tymania
12-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Iowa always travels well no matter what bowl game they are in.
This is not the bowl game i envisioned them getting at the beginning of the season, but i will take it with a 7-5 record. Still think Iowa should have got the Outback bowl instead of Penn St, but it is what is is.
Mizzou fans be prepared to see Stanzi to DJK ALL DAY LONG. Stanzi will not end his Iowa career on a L. Mizzou is a very respectable opponent, but i would have rather played Nebraska. I will be looking forward to this game, should be a good one.

Bambi
12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
College football is more novelty than sport.

These bowls prove that.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Mizzou fans be prepared to see Stanzi to DJK ALL DAY LONG. Stanzi will not end his Iowa career on a L.Wow, I guess it's over before it even begins.

kepp
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Mizzou fans be prepared to see Stanzi to DJK ALL DAY LONG

Aldon Smith disagrees.

vailpass
12-06-2010, 11:44 AM
If Indiana, receiver could catch, you might have gotten your wish.

Were IFs a part of the equation we could also be undefeated. You are what your record says you are. We are 7-5.

kepp
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Link to buy or donate Mizzou-allocated tickets - https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_planlist.htmI?l=EN&team=mizzou&selID=44

tymania
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow, I guess it's over before it even begins.

Def not over before it begins.. wont even be over if Iowa has the lead by double digits going into the 4th.. i think it will be a close game for the most part. Anyone seen a line for this game yet?

vailpass
12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Def not over before it begins.. wont even be over if Iowa has the lead by double digits going into the 4th.. i think it will be a close game for the most part. Anyone seen a line for this game yet?

The over is "Why do we have to go here instead of the Outback Bowl?', the under is "Tampa beats the shit out of Tempe"

mlyonsd
12-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I'd be a little nervous facing Ferentz in a bowl game. For some reason his teams are very well prepared for them.

alanm
12-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Keeler: Insight Bowl officials miss opportunity
Updated 11:02 pm

December 5, 2010

It was so close, you could already smell the hate. The hate, the corn and the bratwursts, all sizzling on a sun-kissed grill. Iowa versus Nebraska in the Insight Bowl. And why the heck not?

Two Midwestern giants. Two massive fan bases that are mirror images of the other — fervent and loyal travelers, loud and proud partiers. They wouldn’t have been able to print tickets fast enough. The Blackshirts on one side, The Swarm on the other? Greater Phoenix would’ve run out of beer. To any bean-counter worth his or her salt, Iowa-Nebraska sounded like pure gold.

So on Sunday night, when the curtain finally came up, the men in the pastel blazers gave you Iowa and — Missouri.

“It was a really, really difficult decision for our selection committee,” Insight Bowl spokesman Andy Bagnato explained after the Hawkeyes-Tigers game was announced. “ “In this case, we selected the highest-rated available team to us, which was Missouri. We’ve never had a Bowl Championship Series-eligible team in the Insight Bowl.”

The Tigers are ranked No. 12 in the BCS standings. The Cornhuskers are 18th. Feel free to scream at anytime.

“For us, the difference between No. 12 and (18) was significant,” Bagnato continued. “And that didn’t make it any easier, but that was a big part of that decision.”
Kind of apropos, isn’t it? A season that felt like one giant letdown gets a bowl game that sits like one, too.

For their troubles, Nebraska (10-3) wound up with a berth in the Holiday Bowl. Which sounds like a great idea, until you see that it means a rematch with Washington (6-6), which it’s already played this season — and already beaten by 35 points.

Let the conspiracy theories begin. Why would the Fiesta/Insight folks, with the Hawkeyes already in hand, pass on the Cornhuskers? When you have a chance to fill Sun Devil Stadium with two of the best-traveling fan bases in college football, logic says you take it. Right?

Unless some other forces other than capitalism were in play here. Did Big 12 officials fear that a Hawkeye-Husker game would be nothing more than a Big Ten infomercial? Was it a designed, farewell kick in the pants to the Big Red as they walk out the door for the last time as member? Was it Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe’s final act of revenge?

“Bowls are ultimately responsible for their own match-ups,” Bagnato countered, “not the conferences or the schools.”

Fine, but this still reeks of an opportunity missed. Despite a late kickoff (9 p.m. Midwest time on a Tuesday night), everyone with a pulse would’ve been tuned in to catch at least a part of Iowa-Nebraska. On the sexy scale, it would’ve been a 9 out of 10. Iowa-Missouri, while promising plenty of fireworks, rates about a 5.6.

Despite a mere 4-hour drive that separates the two campuses, this is the first time the programs have met on a football field since 1910. Once fierce rivals, they rarely run in the same circles. Especially after 2005, when the Tigers pulled out of a multi-game football contract with the Hawkeyes — “intelligent scheduling,” Tigers coach Gary Pinkel called it — that left then-athletic director Bob Bowlsby scrambling for non-conference replacements.

They can’t duck this one. You just wonder if disgruntled Iowa fans will.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20101205/SPORTS05/101205017/Keeler-Insight-Bowl-officials-miss-opportunity

kepp
12-06-2010, 01:46 PM
You'd think Iowa was 10-2 by the way they're complaining.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Why would you take the number 12 team when you could have the number 18 team? Conspiracy!

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Why would you take the number 12 team when you could have the number 18 team? Conspiracy!

When the stadium is half empty you'll see why.

Jenson71
12-06-2010, 02:42 PM

They could've easily had a top 10 year if not for a couple ****ups.

They underachieved all season. Quite a disappointing team.

vailpass
12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
You'd think Iowa was 10-2 by the way they're complaining.

We know we are 7-5, we just don't like it.
After going 11-2 last year and finishing #7 with an Orange Bowl win expectations for this year's team were higher than 7-5. We came into the year fielding what many of us thought was one of our better teams in years and we couldn't close the deal on winnable games.
I guess that does sound a little bitter now that I read it. Can't help it.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
When the stadium is half empty you'll see why.

So it's your position that bowl games should be based evev MORE on ticket sales and LESS about performance than they already are? That sounds about right.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
So it's your position that bowl games should be based evev MORE on ticket sales and LESS about performance than they already are? That sounds about right.

Welcome to the reason why they don't want a playoff

alanm
12-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm ok with the Holiday Bowl. But no one is excited by playing Washington again.
Bowl tie ins suck.
They should go back to the system they had in the 70's and 80's.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the reason why they don't want a playoff

They don't want a playoff because Missouri might not travel as well to Tempe, AZ for the Insight Bowl as Nebraska? You're on a roll.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 04:52 PM
They don't want a playoff because Missouri might not travel as well to Tempe, AZ for the Insight Bowl as Nebraska? You're on a roll.

Saul once again proves why he is a mental midget.

Saul, They don't want a playoff because they make a huge amount on BCS games and the other bowl games. I know this is hard for you to understand but if they went to a playoff system they would lose the other bowl games.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I know this is hard for you to understand but if they went to a playoff system they would lose the other bowl games.

That is hard for me to understand. Why don't you explain why the other bowl games would cease to exist if the current BCS bowls were converted to a playoff format.

While you're at it, you can explain what that has to do with how well Mizzou travels to Tempe.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 05:02 PM
That is hard for me to understand. Why don't you explain why the other bowl games would cease to exist if the current BCS bowls were converted to a playoff format.

While you're at it, you can explain what that has to do with how well Mizzou travels to Tempe.

Bowls = about money.

Nebraska fans travel better than Mizzou fans.

More people = more revenue.

There ya go caveman.

|Zach|
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Zach's post was nothing more than another parting shot to NU fans. For a group of people who supposedly don't give a crap about Nebraska anymore, they sure go out of their way to take shots at them at every opportunity.

Not that it bothers me any. Just merely making an observation.

I have never said that. I enjoy talking to Nebraska fans. Go assume things that are not true somewhere else.

|Zach|
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM

Your post has zero to do with the point I was making. I am not saying you SHOULD care. I am saying the idea that you don't...isn't the case.

Iowanian
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
The Hawkeyes are going to F every girl at Mizzou.

Graystoke
12-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Hard to believe that this is the 1st meeting in 100 years?
Iowa sure collapsed. They played like they didn't even want to play football the last 3 games. I wish they would not even have gotten a bowl to be honest.
This coming from a die hard Hawk Fan.

kepp
12-06-2010, 05:23 PM

That's fine, our team will be at the game.

Graystoke
12-06-2010, 05:23 PM

At least then they would have an excuse for not winning.
Weak knees and de-hydrated.

Iowanian
12-06-2010, 05:28 PM
This team has definitely been a disappointment. The defense really dropped off from dominating to average as the season progressed. They've got a very very talented Dline that seemed to start getting worn out. Pre-season, the RB depth was looking phenomenal, and by the time the leaves turned, the Hawks were trotting out 4-5th stringers and freshmen.

That said, Stanzi is pretty much Matt Cassel, the o-line is decent and the WRs are very good. If the Defense can use the next month to solve the spread....

I really like this pairing and have wanted the Hawks to play Mizzou for the last few years...IT should be a natural rivalry and non-conf game imo.

Good luck, but I hope the Hawks beat the Tiggers so bad that fraz prolapses.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 05:28 PM

Not something I would go around Bragging about. :shake:

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Bowls = about money.

There ya go caveman.

And that has what to do with a playoff system? You don't even know what you are answering, do you?

Bane
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
**** Noobraska and GTFO /Mack Brown

Edit. AND STAY DOWN BITCH!

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey everyone, there won't be a playoff system because Nebraska travels better to non-BCS bowls than Mizzou, so there wouldn't be other bowl games if there was a playoff and more people = more revenue.

This public service announcement brought to you by billay.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone, there won't be a playoff system because Nebraska travels better to non-BCS bowls than Mizzou, so there wouldn't be other bowl games if there was a playoff and more people = more revenue.

This public service announcement brought to you by billay.

You should be in the NBA with that reach.

If they have a playoff they'll do away with a lot of the bowls because they will be even more insignificant sorta like your life. The less significant the less amount of money spent. And you wonder why you are unemployed Saul?

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
You should be in the NBA with that reach.

If they have a playoff they'll do away with a lot of the bowls because they will be even more insignificant sorta like your life. The less significant the less amount of money spent. And you wonder why you are unemployed Saul?

What does a playoff have to do with the non BCS bowls? The answer is nothing.

Last week, I lived in Illinois working a minimum wage job. Now, I'm unemployed? This imaginary life you're creating for me kind of sucks. Based on the sexay flexay picture I've seen of you, you're having a rough enough time with your own life. If it helps you sleep at night imagining that mine sucks, I won't spoil your fun.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Thats enough from you, Dr. Phil.

BossChief
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
With a month to prepare, Ferentz is gonna rape Mizzou.

Iowanian
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
What does a playoff have to do with the non BCS bowls? The answer is nothing.

Last week, I lived in Illinois working a minimum wage job. Now, I'm unemployed? This imaginary life you're creating for me kind of sucks. Based on the sexay flexay picture I've seen of you, you're having a rough enough time with your own life. If it helps you sleep at night imagining that mine sucks, I won't spoil your fun.

I don't think it would be much of a reach to suggest Billay lives at home and has never had a full time job or gained carnal knowledge of a woman's business end of her business end. Ever.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Thats enough from you, Dr. Phil.

Denise

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Too bad he didn't have a month to prepare for Minnesota, Arizona, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. In case you are wondering, Pinkel is 7-0 against the Big 10 since he's been at Mizzou.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't think it would be much of a reach to suggest Billay lives at home and has never had a full time job or gained carnal knowledge of a woman's business end of her business end. Ever.

It's not even fun. There is nothing you can say to him that is any worse than the picture of him that we've all seen. I mean, I pretty much imagine everyone on the internet as a little doughy guy flexing while wearing a sleeveless jersey, anyway. Having a picture to prove it just takes some of the sport out of it.

Extra Point
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
NE gets to play IA next year. This is all a tease.

I, for one, think that NE should be playing IA, this month. NE got rooked.

vailpass
12-06-2010, 07:41 PM
It's not even fun. There is nothing you can say to him that is any worse than the picture of him that we've all seen. I mean, I pretty much imagine everyone on the internet as a little doughy guy flexing while wearing a sleeveless jersey, anyway. Having a picture to prove it just takes some of the sport out of it.

X10

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM

LMAO.

I'll take my chances with Stanzi in the closing moments.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
NE gets to play IA next year. This is all a tease.

I, for one, think that NE should be playing IA, this month. NE got rooked.

We got exactly what we deserved. IMO

vailpass
12-06-2010, 07:45 PM
LMAO.

God I wish I could get worked up about this game enough to join in the smack run. Maybe when the game gets closer.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 07:47 PM
LMAO.

He's clutch, right. We're DOOOOOOOOOOMED!

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 07:47 PM
God I wish I could get worked up about this game enough to join in the smack run. Maybe when the game gets closer.

:toast:

vailpass
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM

vailpass
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
For the Hawk fans...

Phoenix Iowa Club Hawkeyes,

As you all know, the Iowa Hawkeyes are coming down to the Valley of the Sun later this month for the Insight Bowl. They will play the 10-2 Missouri Tigers, out of the Big Twelve conference. It is extremely important to show our support and get to the game so the University of Iowa can continue to have the reputation of having some of the best fans in the nation! We want to sell the stadium out so all bowl committees will take notice for future years. I wanted to share everything that I know so far and I will continue to send out emails, post info on the facebook page, and on our website, www.PhoenixIowaClub.com.

Bowl Tickets

If you’re interested in going to the game, I would suggest getting your tickets through the University of Iowa. They still have a good amount of tickets left and this year you can choose between 3 different prices. Lower level sections= $64, Upper Level (low)=$37, Upper Level (high)= $22. You can find out all the information and order tickets at Insight Bowl Tickets

Hotel Group Rates

A couple hotels have contacted me about offering a group rate for Hawkeye fans. If you have friends or family coming to town and need to find a hotel, here are a couple places to check out:

4 star:

Sheraton Crescent Phoenix
2620 West Dunlap Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602) 943-8200

4 star hotel for a great rate, the Phoenix Sheraton Crescent will do a group rate for Hawkeye fans. $79 (normally $119) plus continental breakfast, as well as free shuttles to the light rail. The light rail can then be taken straight to the stadium/ASU campus area. The hotel is right off the I-17 about 10 minutes north of Sky-Harbor Airport. Just call and say you want the Iowa Hawkeye group rate.

Hawkeye Huddle & Game Day Tailgate
The Hawkeye Huddle and Game Day tailgate information should be available in the next couple days and we will make sure to email it out to everyone, as well as blast it on our website and our facebook page.

http://www.iowalum.com/arizona/

Iowanian
12-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm not a huge Stanzi fan....but in all fairness, he has pulled out quite a few last drive wins in his career, including some on 4th and goal and made the play.

Missouri has been doomed since the NCAA stopped allowing Hukt on Fonix to count as the academically acceptable "English Composition" courses for their athletic teams.

Reaper16
12-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Missouri has been doomed since the NCAA stopped allowing Hukt on Fonix to count as the academically acceptable "English Composition" courses for their athletic teams.
Well, with that kind of effort on smack talk, no wonder the Hawkeyes went 7-5.

C'mon, Iowanian. You drool out better smack than that in your sleep; we all know it. Stop underachieving.

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Stop underachieving.

Won't do it.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/iowa.gif

BossChief
12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
LMAO.

Spoken like a man who obviously has NO CLUE of how Stanzi has performed in his bowl games at crunch time.

You may want to research that..you know, before you make another ignorant statement like that.

Reaper16
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Seriously, this guy is your QB:

“I don’t know how other colleges are, but when you walk around here, you’ve got people . . . you’ve got guys walking around in dresses and just these hippies,” Stanzi said. “They’re doing nothing. There’s the Ped Mall area down there, right in the middle. Those people are going nowhere. Those people are the people who don’t like America.”

Embarrassing. Iowa City rules; Stanzi doesn't.

CaliforniaChief
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I'm interested to see if Iowa finds motivation to salvage a disastrous season. I also think, as BWillie said, that Mizzou's up-tempo spread offense presents a big challenge for a team that seems to get fatigued in the 4th quarter.

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Spoken like a man who obviously has NO CLUE of how Stanzi has performed in his bowl games at crunch time.

You may want to research that..you know, before you make another ignorant statement like that.

My bad. /Wisconsin in your house. I mean our house.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Stanzi willed that Indiana WR to drop the game winning pass that was in his bread-basket. It was clutch. Otherwise, they would be 6-6 and in a worse bowl like Nebraska.

KCinNY
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Seriously, this guy is your QB:

“I don’t know how other colleges are, but when you walk around here, you’ve got people . . . you’ve got guys walking around in dresses and just these hippies,” Stanzi said. “They’re doing nothing. There’s the Ped Mall area down there, right in the middle. Those people are going nowhere. Those people are the people who don’t like America.”

Embarrassing. Iowa City rules; Stanzi doesn't.

Jeez...never been to a college town before?

BossChief
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
My bad. /Wisconsin in your house. I mean our house.

you mean the game that the coaches made at least 3 mental errors to lose the game...including telling Stanzi to call a timeout when he was doing the correct thing by rushing the team to the line to clock the ball to save the timeout?

On that last pass to the running back, if the back goes out of bounds we are in position for a 50 yard FG or so...but what does he do? Turn his hips upfield as soon as he gets the ball and tries to get extra yards.

Kid sint perfect, he has warts, but to act like his clutch performance is a reason to be comfortable playing against him is laughable.

Again, look up how he has played in crunch time in his bowl games.

Long touchdown passes with less than a minute to win bowl games is what he has done in more than one...when his team was losing and he needed to make a play to win, he did it.

BossChief
12-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Stanzi willed that Indiana WR to drop the game winning pass that was in his bread-basket. It was clutch. Otherwise, they would be 6-6 and in a worse bowl like Nebraska.I didnt watch that game, so I dont want to comment on it. What the court counselors have suggested to make the transition of getting custody of my son is VERY costly and that has meant that I have had to sacrifice a lot. One of those things is my Saturdays. From what friends of mine have said, I didnt miss anything and I should be glad I have been working at those times.

I'm addressing the comment about Stanzis performance during crunchtime in bowl games.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I didnt watch that game, so I dont want to comment on it. What the court counselors have suggested to make the transition of getting custody of my son is VERY costly and that has meant that I have had to sacrifice a lot. One of those things is my Saturdays. From what friends of mine have said, I didnt miss anything and I should be glad I have been working at those times.

I'm addressing the comment about Stanzis performance during crunchtime in bowl games.

I wish you the best of luck with your son and the worst with this game. I'm sure you'd take that trade, too.

Dartgod
12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I have never said that. I enjoy talking to Nebraska fans. Go assume things that are not true somewhere else.
My statement was more about NU haters in general, so my bad.

And I'll make assumptions wherever I please, thank you very much.

Spott
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I think the Insight bowl not wanting 2 Big Ten teams gave them a good excuse to make up for not inviting Mizzou last year. They sure as heck weren't worried about who the better team was last year when they invited a 6-6 Iowa St team to Tempe.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I think the Insight bowl not wanting 2 Big Ten teams gave them a good excuse to make up for not inviting Mizzou last year. They sure as heck weren't worried about who the better team was last year when they invited a 6-6 Iowa St team to Tempe.

Nope. It has to do with a playoff. You may need billay to explain it.

Frazod
12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Bowls = about money.

There ya go caveman.

I think it's easier to draw support when you're the only game in well, the entire fucking so-called state.

I mean, it's not like Des Moines is a threat to win the Super Bowl, or Omaha will challenge for the Stanley Cup.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I think it's easier to draw support when you're the only game in well, the entire ****ing so-called state.

I mean, it's not like Des Moines is a threat to win the Super Bowl, or Omaha will challenge for the Stanley Cup.

Doesn't matter why they draw more fans they still do.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 08:48 PM

Evidently, it doesn't matter, period. If it did, you'd be playing Iowa instead of Washington.

Spott
12-06-2010, 08:49 PM

This game will probably sell a lot of tickets for both sides because of all the midwesterners that live in Arizona.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm not a huge Stanzi fan....but in all fairness, he has pulled out quite a few last drive wins in his career, including some on 4th and goal and made the play.

Stanzi sucks dude him and Ferentz costed you guys the Wisconsin game. You win that and I bet Iowas season is much different.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Evidently, it doesn't matter, period. If it did, you'd be playing Iowa instead of Washington.

Right on because non-BCS bowls mean so much.

BossChief
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I wish you the best of luck with your son and the worst with this game. I'm sure you'd take that trade, too.

thanks man...absolutely. I have even missed two Chiefs games this year (Live anyway, I watched them as soon as I got back. HDDVRs are real nice)

But, yeah...Iowas front four is ggonna be in full on GOD MODE and take that game over and Stanzi may not even have to do very much.

Frazod
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
We're paying the price for decades of shitty Missouri football. While we were getting pulverized regular as clockwork against all the good schools, Nebraska built up a name for itself, and that's what's stuck. 100 million morons who couldn't find Nebraska on a map, and have never and will never set foot inside its borders, associate Nebraska with football, even though they haven't been relevant for 15 years. That's why they got the Big 10 nod over Missouri - that's why they always got better bowl games.

I have no doubt that the only reason they got screwed this time is because Beebe wanted to send them a final shot on the way out the door. No way would that Texas handpuppet fuck do us any favors unless it was part of an agenda.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Stanzi sucks dude him and Ferentz costed you guys the Wisconsin game.

Nollidge.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2010, 08:58 PM
This game will probably sell a lot of tickets for both sides because of all the midwesterners that live in Arizona.

Heh. I'll be there.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 08:58 PM
We're paying the price for decades of shitty Missouri football. While we were getting pulverized regular as clockwork against all the good schools, Nebraska built up a name for itself, and that's what's stuck. 100 million morons who couldn't find Nebraska on a map, and have never and will never set foot inside its borders, associate Nebraska with football, even though they haven't been relevant for 15 years. That's why they got the Big 10 nod over Missouri - that's why they always got better bowl games.

I have no doubt that the only reason they got screwed this time is because Beebe wanted to send them a final shot on the way out the door. No way would that Texas handpuppet **** do us any favors unless it was part of an agenda.

I'd argue Nebraska has been far from irrelevant since Pelini has taken over.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Nollidge.

You probably haven't seen an Iowa game all year considering you cant even afford cable. Go ahead I'll wait for your next response that sounds like something you read off a Hallmark card.

Frazod
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I'd argue Nebraska has been far from irrelevant since Pelini has taken over.

You've lost the conference championship game twice. Wow.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:01 PM
You've lost the conference championship game twice. Wow.

Top 25 recruiting classes back to back years, Heisman finalist, one of the best defenses in the NCAA the last 2 years and ranked in the top 10 most of this year. Far from irrelevant.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Top 25 recruiting classes back to back years, Heisman finalist, one of the best defenses in the NCAA the last 2 years and ranked in the top 10 most of this year. Far from irrelevant.Sounds a lot like Missouri.

Spott
12-06-2010, 09:08 PM
You probably haven't seen an Iowa game all year considering you cant even afford cable. Go ahead I'll wait for your next response that sounds like something you read off a Hallmark card.

He doesn't need cable when there are plenty of old degenerates running around that will install Directv for him.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
He doesn't need cable when there are plenty of old degenerates running around that will install Directv for him.

ROFL What about when it rains?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
How many top 25 recruiting classes has Pinkel had at Mizzou? The other day your friend Saul said rankings don't matter which isn't true. Tell me the last team to win the title game that didn't have a Top 10 ranked class.

Does EVERYTHINGZ HAZ TO BE ABOUTZ NEBRAZKA'S, BILLAY?!?!?!?!?!LMAO

Spott
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
How many top 25 recruiting classes has Pinkel had at Mizzou? The other day your friend Saul said rankings don't matter which isn't true. Tell me the last team to win the title game that didn't have a Top 10 ranked class.

I'll take a guess and say KSU when they beat OU a few years back.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Does EVERYTHINGZ HAZ TO BE ABOUTZ NEBRAZKA'S, BILLAY?!?!?!?!?!LMAO

I didn't make it about them your Saul did. I thought nobody was gonna care about them when they left the Big 12?

Frazod
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Top 25 recruiting classes back to back years, Heisman finalist, one of the best defenses in the NCAA the last 2 years and ranked in the top 10 most of this year. Far from irrelevant.

It gets extremely far from relevant the farther you get from Nebraska.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 09:15 PM
even though they haven't been relevant for 15 years. That's why they got the Big 10 nod over Missouri - that's why they always got better bowl games. :lame: We have tradition & Tigers Don't

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I didn't make it about them your Saul did. I thought nobody was gonna care about them when they left the Big 12?

Oh God; "my" Saul?

Fuck.

Sometimes being a fan sucks ass.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:18 PM
It gets extremely far from relevant the farther you get from Nebraska.

Explain the top 10 recruiting class then? Who comes from California to Nebraska to play for an irrelevant school?

Frazod
12-06-2010, 09:18 PM
:lame: We have tradition & Tigers Don't

I'm not really sure why you cherry-picked that line, yet ignored what I said directly above it, which basically agrees with what you said. :spock:

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh God; "my" Saul?

Sometimes being a fan sucks ass.

Haha yea my bad dude connecting Saul with you must feel like jerking off with a brillio pad.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM

Ya right. Deep down in the guttural bowels of Tiger fan & K-st fan
They dream of the day they can stand along side Sooner fan & Husker fan with out hanging their heads in shame

Frazod
12-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Explain the top 10 recruiting class then? Who comes from California to Nebraska to play for an irrelevant school?

Kids that can't get into USC?

Like I said, Nebraska's got a name people associate with football. But you haven't done much with it lately. And I think Thug Pelini's antics of late may have done you more harm than you realize.

But we'll see next year. I suspect you've just traded masters. It may come to pass that snaking that invite was a huge favor.

Spott
12-06-2010, 09:22 PM

QB's that can't throw very well and take sacks instead of throwing the ball away in big games.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not really sure why you cherry-picked that line, yet ignored what I said directly above it, which basically agrees with what you said. :spock:

It was the 15 year part about Nebraska. far from it

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Explain to me how clutch Stanzi was when he had the entire 4th quarter to answer with a clutch drive in the last three games, even when his team was ahead, and failed every time?

I mean, I know there are few things more harrowing in life than staring down the Minnesota Golden Gophers' defense, but shouldn't he do something?

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Kids that can't get into USC?

Like I said, Nebraska's got a name people associate with football. But you haven't done much with it lately. And I think Thug Pelini's antics of late may have done you more harm than you realize.

But we'll see next year. I suspect you've just traded masters. It may come to pass that snaking that invite was a huge favor.

Aaron Green choose Nebraska over Texas

Tyler Moore picked Neb over Florida

Bubba Starling picked Nebraska over Alabama

Those are just a few examples. If Pelinis antics hurt the school so much why haven't players decommitted?

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
QB's that can't throw very well and take sacks instead of throwing the ball away in big games.

We should play the same card you guys did last year.

We lost because Martinez was hurt.

BossChief
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Nebraska VS Iowa would have been an epic way of kicking off what should be one of the better college rivalries in coming years.

I guess we'll have to settle for kicking Missouri's ass though.

I cant wait.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Replace defense with offense and you basically have what Missouri has done since 2007.

The difference is that Daniel was actually a legit Heisman finalist.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Nebraska VS Iowa would have been an epic way of kicking off what should be one of the better college rivalries in coming years.

I cant wait.

Hope you guys win. Go Big 10

Bob Dole
12-06-2010, 09:27 PM

Care about who?

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Replace defense with offense and you basically have what Missouri has done since 2007.

The difference is that Daniel was actually a legit Heisman finalist.

Suh was way more dominate than Daniel and like I said your dinky offense has been figured out.

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 09:28 PM

I cant wait.

I just dont see that happening. I watched all your games I could & i watched all Tiger games I could. Tigers are a way better team IMO

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 09:29 PM

Those are just a few examples. If Pelinis antics hurt the school so much why haven't players decommitted?

You don't have to decommit, you can remove them from consideration before it gets to that, and it doesn't just have to happen this year.

DeezNutz

I cant wait.

BossChief is playing the role of Teddy KGB.

We'll be happy to keep busting you up all night in order for you to feel satisfied.

P.S. Stanzi sucks shit.

Rausch
"Mizzou? What do you mean Mizzou?

I...hell.....i don't know......give them the fahkyou.com bowl. Nobody gives a $3it about Missouri..."

duncan_idaho
12-06-2010, 09:30 PM

Green's brother already plays for Nebraska. I'm sure that had nothing to do with his decision, though...

Tyler Moore is a legacy kid. Would have been a major upset for him to go anywhere other than Nebraska.

Bubba Starling is going to play professional baseball, but he'll make your recruiting rankings look good at least.

Nebraska has a strong recruiting classes, but there are better kids to highlight than those three.

DeezNutz

Starling's decision didn't mean shit because he's going to enter the MLB draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Suh was way more dominate than Daniel and like I said your dinky offense has been figured out.

It has way less to do with being figured out, and far more to do with a dearth of talent on the edges.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Green's brother already plays for Nebraska. I'm sure that had nothing to do with his decision, though...

Tyler Moore is a legacy kid. Would have been a major upset for him to go anywhere other than Nebraska.

Bubba Starling is going to play professional baseball, but he'll make your recruiting rankings look good at least.

Nebraska has a strong recruiting classes, but there are better kids to highlight than those three.

Tevin Mitchell Arkansas OU Charles Jackson Texas. The whole offensive line in this class are considered great recruits. These arent 2nd rate football players.

baitism
12-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Felons

LiveSteam
Starling's decision didn't mean shit because he's going to enter the MLB draft.

Thats not what his parents & him are saying

Pitt Gorilla
Suh was way more dominate than Daniel and like I said your dinky offense has been figured out.Dinky offense beat OU.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
It has way less to do with being figured out, and far more to do with a dearth of talent on the edges.

Defense + Running the ball > WR's in the spread offense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Explain to me how Ferentz is going to figure out the spread in three weeks when he hasn't been able to do it in three years against Northwestern?

BossChief
Explain to me how clutch Stanzi was when he had the entire 4th quarter to answer with a clutch drive in the last three games, even when his team was ahead, and failed every time?

I mean, I know there are few things more harrowing in life than staring down the Minnesota Golden Gophers' defense, but shouldn't he do something?
You will find out soon enough.

But, as I stated previously, I cant really address that post due to not having enough knowledge of the specific situation. Im sure there are reasons, but at the end you have a valid point.

3 games....lost by a combined 10 points, its a valid point that Stanzi should have done more (without having seen the games myself to know if he did and others dropped the proverbial ball or not) in crunchtime of those games to help his team win.

Rausch

Dominant.

You DOMINATE an opponent.

Or one can be DOMINANT over an opponent.

I swear to fuck the next person that continues to misuse this word will be splayed out and I will fill their mouth with their mother's feces...

baitism
12-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Considering he was ranked as the top baseball prospect in the nation, I would find that surprising. Plus, baseball pays much better with less concussions.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Defense + Running the ball > WR's in the spread offense.

I'm sure OU agrees with that.

duncan_idaho

I cant wait.

I like our offense's matchup against Iowa's defense. The Hawkeyes have struggled with spread offenses over the past few years, especially Northwestern.

Missouri's spread is quite similar to Northwestern's, and the Tigers have more skill talent, a better QB and a better OL.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Considering he was ranked as the top baseball prospect in the nation, I would find that surprising. Plus, baseball pays much better with less concussions.

Probably but it doesn't matter he won't be a QB at Nebraska anyway theres another recruit they are high on Jamal Turner.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm sure OU agrees with that.

I bet because thats how Mizzou finally beat them.

Did you watch the game the other night? They ran it alot to open up the pass. You can't just sit in the spread offense all day aginst good teams and expect to win.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Dominant.

I swear to **** the next person that continues to misuse this word will be splayed out and I will fill their mouth with their mother's feces...I honestly don't understand how people confuse the two. I mean, that's elementary shit.

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Probably but it doesn't matter he won't be a QB at Nebraska anyway theres another recruit they are high on Jamal Turner.

If Starling honored his commitment, there's zero chance he would not be your starting QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 09:37 PM

But, as I stated previously, I cant really address that post due to not having enough knowledge of the specific situation. Im sure there are reasons, but at the end you have a valid point.

3 games....lost by a combined 10 points, its a valid point that Stanzi should have done more (without having seen the games myself to know if he did and others dropped the proverbial ball or not) in crunchtime of those games to help his team win.

He overthrew several passes on the final drive against Northwestern, and had a pick earlier in the 4th quarter on a stupid decision that changed the momentum of the game.

Rausch
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM

Any MLB player that can cash his paycheck and sleep well at night without feeling like a damned thief is either a liar or a heartless bastard with no soul...

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
If Starling honored his commitment, there's zero chance he would not be your starting QB.

My friend covered his HS games and he said they were talking about a position change and he agreed. His throwing mechanics are just like Martinez's it would be a few years before he's ready to play at QB.

BossChief
BossChief is playing the role of Teddy KGB.

We'll be happy to keep busting you up all night in order for you to feel satisfied.

P.S. Stanzi sucks shit.
You should have paid me off on that

the fuck you lay that down for

PS I dont eat Oreos while posting on CP anymore.
Explain to me how Ferentz is going to figure out the spread in three weeks when he hasn't been able to do it in three years against Northwestern?
He has done a good job of preparing his team for his bowl games in about every year. There is plenty of tape on how to take down your gimmick offense and Ferentz will have the team RTR (***ready to rape***)

'Hamas' Jenkins
I bet because thats how Mizzou finally beat them.

Did you watch the game the other night? They ran it alot to open up the pass. You can't just sit in the spread offense all day aginst good teams and expect to win.

I seem to remember one of those WRs taking the top off of that defense to get OU back in the game.

I realize that Oklahoma's 112 total yards rushing and 2.9 YPC did a lot to open up the passing game that netted them 340 yards, <del>so I have to concede that point</del>

Rausch
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I seem to remember one of those WRs taking the top off of that defense to get OU back in the game.

I realize that Oklahoma's 112 total yards rushing and 2.9 YPC did a lot to open up the passing game that netted them 340 yards, <del>so I have to concede that point</del>

LMAO

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:42 PM

That first touchdown was on a play fake which was setup by the first few drives of them pounding the ball with Murray. OU ran the ball 30 times my whole point is you have to have some commitment to the run when playing good defenses.

duncan_idaho
12-06-2010, 09:42 PM

He'll likely be the first amateur player drafted and likely will be dangled a contract in the $5 million to $6 million range.

One of the reasons his signing bonus will be so large is that he will be able to use his college commitment as leverage. The Starlings will spend several months talking up that commitment... and it will pay off at the negotiating table.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM

The first 4 responses to this thread mentioned Nebraska. Your first post in this thread, post 12, mentioned Nebraska.

My first post in the thread was number 45 and was in response to 3 pages of Nebraska fans bitching about conspiracies, but I made it about Nebraska. It's bad enough that you're a fat little ginger. Try mixing in a comment that isn't completely retarded every now and again.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Watch out Saul hasn't taken his angry pills

Reaper16
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Jeez...never been to a college town before?
I believe you have misunderstood me. I am not on Stanzi's side.

BossChief
12-06-2010, 09:50 PM
He overthrew several passes on the final drive against Northwestern, and had a pick earlier in the 4th quarter on a stupid decision that changed the momentum of the game.

For some reason, Northwestern has had our number for years in football and basketball....we could be #3 in the nation and they could only have 2 wins and I would be a little skittish about playing them.

What happened the last time Mizzou played a team with a premier front four like Iowa has (with two potential first round draft picks on it in Clayborn and Ballard)? Nebraska dismantled your offense, that's what, and I bet Iowa knows that tape in and out by the time our teams meet on the 28th.

KCinNY
12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I believe you have misunderstood me. I am not on Stanzi's side.

I meant Stanzi, not you.

baitism
12-06-2010, 09:57 PM
The butt hurt is strong in this thread. Seriously, enjoy never winning the Big 10 either. Their teams match up much better against you than the average Big 12 teams.

BossChief
12-06-2010, 10:01 PM
The butt hurt is strong in this thread. Seriously, enjoy never winning the Big 10 either. Their teams match up much better against you than the average Big 12 teams.

glass house

throwing stones

duncan_idaho
12-06-2010, 10:05 PM
For some reason, Northwestern has had our number for years in football and basketball....we could be #3 in the nation and they could only have 2 wins and I would be a little skittish about playing them.

What happened the last time Mizzou played a team with a premier front four like Iowa has (with two potential first round draft picks on it in Clayborn and Ballard)? Nebraska dismantled your offense, that's what, and I bet Iowa knows that tape in and out by the time our teams meet on the 28th.

Nebraska also has top notch corners who run four and five deep. Most of the Nebraska sacks in that game were coverage sacks, especially early. Nebraska has aligned its defense to defend the spread and runs dime the entire game against Missouri.

Is Iowa going to do that? Or is it going to stick to the 43 defense against the spread, like it has tried in the past?

If Iowa does do that, does it have the depth at CB to keep its guys fresh there? Does it have hybrid S/LB who can run with slot WRs AND play like LBs against the run?

LiveSteam
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Saul & Billay
U 2 are fucking awesome

KChiefs1
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM

He'll be a Royal before he is a Cornhusker.

Iowanian
12-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, with that kind of effort on smack talk, no wonder the Hawkeyes went 7-5.

C'mon, Iowanian. You drool out better smack than that in your sleep; we all know it. Stop underachieving.

Well...I am trying to join in the Chanukah Spirit...I'm giving the shitty gift on the first night, and I'll work my way up to the gold candy coins as we get closer to the game.

Now put on your Mickey Mouse toga and go play with your Dradel embroidered hackey sack with the other flat peckers on the Iowa City Ped mall....and yes...Iowa City has a PLETHORA of whackadoos. You'd fit right in.

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
One of the reasons his signing bonus will be so large is that he will be able to use his college commitment as leverage. The Starlings will spend several months talking up that commitment... and it will pay off at the negotiating table.

Exactly.

With a clause to pay for his college education, should he ever return to school. So take heart, Huskers, he might end up in Nebraska when he's 42.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Nebraska dismantled our offense because they have two of the best CBs in college football and Gabbert had no one who could get open.

Had you watched the game, you'd know that.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Nebraska dismantled our offense because they have two of the best CBs in college football and Gabbert had no one who could get open.

Had you watched the game, you'd know that.

Had you tried to run the ball it might helped.

KcMizzou
12-06-2010, 11:26 PM

Had you watched the game, you'd know that.We forgot to tackle Helu.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Had you tried to run the ball it might helped.

Kind of hard to do when you are down three scores before the first quarter is halfway over.

BossChief
12-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Had you tried to run the ball it might helped.haha thats kinda the point, I didnt watch the game but I read the gamethread in passing.

Had you watched the game, you'd know that.I was too busy watching Stanzi and the Hawkeyes dismantle #5 at the time Michigan state iirc that day.

Nebraska took you apart because they made you one dimensional and they were able to take away your strengths.

We'll see what Iowa does to try to emulate that.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Kind of hard to do when you are down three scores before the first quarter is halfway over.

I'm referring to later in the game when Mizzou was at the goaline and Pinkel went 5 wide

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Haha yea my bad dude connecting Saul with you must feel like jerking off with a brillio pad.

LMAO

Saul Good
12-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I'm referring to later in the game when Mizzou was at the goaline and Pinkel went 5 wide

Was that right before Mizzou's offense cut the lead to 7 only to watch us give up another 60 yard run on the following possession?

Mizzou_8541
12-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Was that right before Mizzou's offense cut the lead to 7 only to watch us give up another 60 yard run on the following possession?

Details, details...

eazyb81
12-07-2010, 07:05 AM

LOL, didn't f'n Minnesota just run over your "premier front four" for 200+ yards?

Clayborn is a good player, but your defensive unit obviously has some major holes considering your losses this year.

duncan_idaho
12-07-2010, 08:09 AM
The only time Missouri was inside the 10 against Nebraska, it ran the ball on three straight plays: a qb sneak out of the jumbo package, a rb dive out of the jumbo package, and a zone read out of the spread.

And Mizzou was never in the red zone with a chance to tie the game. Best it could have done at any point was cut it to 24-21.

Lot of "misremembering" of this game...

kepp
12-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Won't do it.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/iowa.gif

After the game...

http://i55.tinypic.com/5m0rvc.gif

vailpass
12-07-2010, 10:12 AM

Defense could have/should have won some of those games for us.
coulda woulda shoulda doesn't count for a damn thing however.

vailpass
12-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Dominant.

I swear to **** the next person that continues to misuse this word will be splayed out and I will fill their mouth with their mother's feces...

Why do you hate The Lexicon?

vailpass
12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
LOL, didn't f'n Minnesota just run over your "premier front four" for 200+ yards?

Clayborn is a good player, but your defensive unit obviously has some major holes considering your losses this year.

Who is your college team?

Saul Good
12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Who is your college team?If it isn't Mizzou, he needs a new avatar.

siberian khatru
12-07-2010, 10:21 AM
If it isn't Mizzou, he needs a new avatar.

LMAO

vailpass
12-07-2010, 10:24 AM
If it isn't Mizzou, he needs a new avatar.

Forgive me, I don't have avatars turned on.

Pitt Gorilla
12-07-2010, 01:43 PM
After the game...

http://i55.tinypic.com/5m0rvc.gifLMAO

DTLB58
12-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Breaking news.....Iowa WR Johnson-Koulianos suspended from all team activities. The Cedar Rapids Gazette newspaper is reporting he was picked up on drug chargers Today.

Sorry, No link. I am watching the Iowa- Northern Iowa BB game on the Big Ten channnel and they came back from commercial with the breaking news.

niblet
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Cocaine, marijuana, and prescription drugs.

Our all time leading receiver was a cokehead. Wow.

siberian khatru
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Iowa's got a long way to go before they match MU in suspending players this year.

Marco Polo
12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
This is a big break for Mizzou. DJK is/was a stud.

Pitt Gorilla
12-07-2010, 10:12 PM
This is a big break for Mizzou. DJK is/was a stud.Eh, so was Derrick Washington. Players step up.

Sassy Squatch
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Eh, so was Derrick Washington. Players step up.
A bit late in the season, though...

kchero
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Mizzou did the right thing in sitting down D. Wash and they took their bumps and bruises for it as well.

Pitt Gorilla
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
A bit late in the season, though...It happened around a week prior to the first game versus Illinois. Iowa has more time to prepare in this situation.

Iowanian
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
DJK must think he plays for Florida....what an F'ing idiot.

On the bright side, maybe it clears a spot for a kid I know to get some playing time.

BWillie
12-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Breaking news.....Iowa WR Johnson-Koulianos suspended from all team activities. The Cedar Rapids Gazette newspaper is reporting he was picked up on drug chargers Today.

Sorry, No link. I am watching the Iowa- Northern Iowa BB game on the Big Ten channnel and they came back from commercial with the breaking news.

I just read about that. He might not even stay out of prison. He was a fringe 4th round WR guy that now probably goes 7th or UFA and cost himself alot of dough. :doh!:

BWillie
12-08-2010, 12:07 AM
DJK must think he plays for Florida....what an F'ing idiot.

On the bright side, maybe it clears a spot for a kid I know to get some playing time.

Say hello to the most heralded recruit on the Iowa roster, Keenan Davis. I hope this guy can shine.

CaliforniaChief
12-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I know all big time college programs deal with these issues, but for a guy supposedly in the "Right 53" mold, Kirk Ferentz seems to deal with a lot of these issues.

DJK's deal is a much bigger problem than your typical Iowa DUI deal. These are some serious charges. Either he is a total idiot, a hopeless addict, or both.

:facepalm:

Extra Point
12-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Forgive me, I don't have avatars turned on.

Mongo like candy!

BossChief
12-08-2010, 12:36 AM
That is a huge loss. His presence made our offense balanced, now somebbody needs to step up big time. McNutt can expect to be bracketed most of the game, one would think.

What a fool, he likely would have gone in the 3rd-5th (depending on combine/proday results) now, he will be lucky to get an offer as an UDFA.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2010, 04:37 AM
Yep; running around the cornfield, blasting Slipknot with a straw up yer nose ain't no way to go through life, son.

DJ's left nut
12-08-2010, 02:29 PM
That is a huge loss. His presence made our offense balanced, now somebbody needs to step up big time. McNutt can expect to be bracketed most of the game, one would think.

What a fool, he likely would have gone in the 3rd-5th (depending on combine/proday results) now, he will be lucky to get an offer as an UDFA.

He'll be lucky to stay the hell out of prison.

Evidently he confessed to knowing that the place was a drug den and that he sold drugs out of it. Not to mention testing positive for cocaine and MJ use.

This sounds really really bad for this kid. And it also sounds like he's one of the bigger dumbasses presently walking this earth.

As I've said to the dumbass Nubs fans as well as the Heat fans, no fan anywhere holds the high ground on this kind of stuff. Everyone has their share of troublemakers. But man - this sounds exceptionally stupid. This wasn't a spur of the moment bad decision (DUI kinda stuff), this was a kid that had a damn drug operation fronting out of his own home as an NFL prospect.

Unreal. It would be sad if I could truly feel empathy for someone that so savagely fucked themselves.

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2010, 03:01 PM

What a fool, he likely would have gone in the 3rd-5th (depending on combine/proday results) now, he will be lucky to get an offer as an UDFA.Honestly, it may improve your chances. If it forces you to run nearly every play, it would begin to resemble a few of Missouri's recent losses.