PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jim Brown,Barry Sanders and Jamaal Charles

Mr. Laz
12-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Twitter wingoz (http://twitter.com/wingoz)
Jamaal Charles over 6 yards a carry this season.. only Jim Brown and Barry Sanders have ever done that for a full season

teedubya
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Laz has discovered teh twittorz.

Sofa King
12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Jamaal Charles > Barry Sanders + Jim Brown.

Rain Man
12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
On the broadcast they also mentioned Joe Perry averaging over 6 yards. Their criteria was 150 or more carries in a season.

My initial thought was Beattie Feathers, who averaged almost 10 one year when (I think) he was lined up next to Bronko Nagurski. It was over the course of a whole season but I think he only had about 100 carries.

Demonpenz
12-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I remember Joe Perry scoring a touchdown then fucking steven tyler came out and was like Yakakakakaow

Sydd
12-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Jamaal Charles is on pace to trail only Jim Brown for the highest yards-per-carry average with a minimum of 180 attempts in NFL history.
Player Avg. Year
Jim Brown 6.4 1963
Jamaal Charles 6.2* 2010
Barry Sanders 6.1 1997
O.J. Simpson 6.0 1973
* - Through Sunday's game

-- Source: ESPN Stats and Information

loochy
12-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I remember Joe Perry scoring a touchdown then fucking steven tyler came out and was like Yakakakakaow

rofl

Bane
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Henry
12-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Charles is definately playing with more swagger....that hit on DJ Williams on the none fumble call is OLD SCHOOL.

Priest31kc
12-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Jamaal Charles = Best RB ever????!!!!??

BryanBusby
12-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I remember Wingo doing an interview with King Carl during the draft one year. It was awkward as **** considering CP kept calling him Zack for some reason.

What does that have to do with this thread? Next to nothing.

Chief DJBrad
12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
I am sick of the lack of respect our team gets.Charles will win the rushing title.How many times have ESPN or NFL network mention his name-ZERO.They care of four players -Manning,Brady,Favre and Vick makes me waana puke.What do you have to do to get air time?Grow your hair,send sex texts,cry and bitch at your players or kill an animal.To any media people that may get this THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-NFL TEAM that plays in Missouri you jerks!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm sort of confused about what kind of RB Jamaal Charles is.

Is he more Priest Holmes or Barry Sanders?

Sanders used to break long runs with regularity. Charles did that last year but isn't really doing it this year. He's gotten his 1200 yards 10 or 15 at a time, like Priest used to do.

Tribal Warfare
12-06-2010, 10:54 PM

Sanders used to break long runs with regularity. Charles did that last year but isn't really doing it this year. He's gotten his 1200 yards 10 or 15 at a time, like Priest used to do.

Tony Dorsett

crazycoffey
12-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Tony Dorsett

does that mean we're going to trade him for a first and three seconds?
and would you want us to pull that trigger?

zonachief
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM

Priest is one of my favorites of all time. I do see some simularites. Vision and sets up blocks well. Charles has more explosivness though

Priest31kc
12-07-2010, 01:12 AM

Yeah's he's playing like Priest, but he does obviously have the explosiveness of Sanders. I don't know why he hasn't broke the long 60, 70 yard runs he did last year, but it hasn't mattered. Its more impressive that he's averaging 6.2 w/out the long runs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2010, 01:22 AM

There are other direct comps for him in the league right now. He's basically Chris Johnson with more of a propensity to put the ball on the ground, and he's a much better version of Felix Jones.

Raiderhater
12-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah's he's playing like Priest, but he does obviously have the explosiveness of Sanders. I don't know why he hasn't broke the long 60, 70 yard runs he did last year, but it hasn't mattered. Its more impressive that he's averaging 6.2 w/out the long runs.

More impressive AND more important to the team. Yes those big plays are exciting, but long sustained drives that keep the defense rested are more important to the team's overall success.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2010, 01:23 AM
It's hard to break 70+ yard runs to the outside, because the DBs have really good pursuit angles. We ran him inside more last year, which once he got to the second level, allowed him to make a juke and then go, where he could outrun everyone w/ his straight line speed.

salame
12-07-2010, 01:24 AM
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/6732/kanyeblastsw0pc.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 01:30 AM
It's hard to break 70+ yard runs to the outside, because the DBs have really good pursuit angles. We ran him inside more last year, which once he got to the second level, allowed him to make a juke and then go, where he could outrun everyone w/ his straight line speed.

That's a very good point. Jones is getting more of those inside handoffs.

I agree with the post that his YPC is more impressive now that the super long plays have dried up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Basically, you'll get more 6-20 yard runs running outside.

You'll more 2 and 50+ yard runs running inside.

-King-
12-07-2010, 02:41 AM
There are other direct comps for him in the league right now. He's basically Chris Johnson with more of a propensity to put the ball on the ground, and he's a much better version of Felix Jones.

He is NOT chris johnson. Johnson has a run of 1 yard, 3 yards, -2yards, 4 yards, and then be breaks a 60 yarder. Jamaal consistently gets 5-10 yards a play. He's more consistent than Johnson.
Posted via Mobile Device

penchief
12-07-2010, 06:58 AM

I think he's a better running back this year. Last year he broke off more long TD runs but this year he's making more out of less. He hasn't had the open field to run in nearly as much but he's maxing out his yardage in traffic with great vision and quickness.

penchief
12-07-2010, 07:00 AM

Good point. Also, defenses are geared more to stop the chiefs' running game more than they were last year, specifically Charles.

Molitoth
12-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Charles does not have a Barry Sanders running style at all.

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 09:15 AM
There is a lesser known back that more resembles Charles. Former Dolphin Mercury Morris. He averaged 6 yard a carry in 1973 with almost 1000 yards in 14 games. The difference between Charles and Brown is Brown could pick up short yardage. Charles continually gets stuffed in short yardage situations.

Los Pollos Hermanos
12-07-2010, 09:22 AM
There is a lesser known back that more resembles Charles. Former Dolphin Mercury Morris. He averaged 6 yard a carry in 1973 with almost 1000 yards in 14 games. The difference between Charles and Brown is Brown could pick up short yardage. Charles continually gets stuffed in short yardage situations.
I haven't noticed Charles continually being stuffed in short yardage situations.

loochy
12-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I am sick of the lack of respect our team gets.Charles will win the rushing title.How many times have ESPN or NFL network mention his name-ZERO.They care of four players -Manning,Brady,Favre and Vick makes me waana puke.What do you have to do to get air time?Grow your hair,send sex texts,cry and bitch at your players or kill an animal.To any media people that may get this THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-NFL TEAM that plays in Missouri you jerks!!!!!!

Consistently beat the teams that those players play for

-or-

be a real presence in playoffs consistently.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Charles does not have a Barry Sanders running style at all.

That's not what I meant.

What I meant was, last year he got a lot of yards off huge-ass runs. Sanders used to do that. He lost more yardage than any other back in NFL history, I believe. But he made up for it with huge-ass game breaking runs.

Charles did that last year. This year, not so much. He's been more consistent, but less exciting.

Coogs
12-07-2010, 09:37 AM
This is from Peter Kings MMQB.

• Maurice Jones-Drew might not be good enough to make the Pro Bowl (he's behind Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Fred Jackson and Peyton Hillis in the AFC voting), but he is good enough to push the Jags into the driver's seat in the AFC South.

:shake:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/05/monday-morning-qb-week-13/index.html#ixzz17RNZ8Wh5

milkman
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Charles has 64 fewer carries than Arian Foster, but has only 93 fewer yards.

He has 30 yards less than MJD on 79 fewer carries.

Peter King is a ****ing moron.

Always has been, always will be.

Coogs
12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Peter King is a ****ing moron.

Always has been, always will be.

This is true. But Charles is still trailing all of those guys in the Pro-Bowl voting, and that is just wrong.

Priest31kc
12-07-2010, 10:07 AM
This is from Peter Kings MMQB.

:shake:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/05/monday-morning-qb-week-13/index.html#ixzz17RNZ8Wh5

Unbelievable. Charles is 2nd in the NFL in rushing with the highest yards per carry, and Peter fucking King puts Johnson, Hillis, LT, and Fred fucking Jackson ahead of him?????? If Charles doesn't make the pro bowl......:shake:

milkman
12-07-2010, 10:12 AM
This is true. But Charles is still trailing all of those guys in the Pro-Bowl voting, and that is just wrong.

The problem is that casual fans read things like this from Peter King to form their opinions, which leads to no one outside of hard core fans recognizing that Charles has been the best RB in the league since he took over for LJ last year.

Coogs
12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Unbelievable. Charles is 2nd in the NFL in rushing with the highest yards per carry, and Peter fucking King puts Johnson, Hillis, LT, and Fred fucking Jackson ahead of him?????? If Charles doesn't make the pro bowl......:shake:

Maybe I am reading King's article wrong. I read it as Charles is trailing all of these guys in a national voting type of thing as opposed to just on Kings list. :shrug:

Do the fans have a vote in this thing? Is that what he is talking about?

Coogs
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
The problem is that casual fans read things like this from Peter King to form their opinions, which leads to no one outside of hard core fans recognizing that Charles has been the best RB in the league since he took over for LJ last year.

Good point!

milkman
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Unbelievable. Charles is 2nd in the NFL in rushing with the highest yards per carry, and Peter ****ing King puts Johnson, Hillis, LT, and Fred ****ing Jackson ahead of him?????? If Charles doesn't make the pro bowl......:shake:

Charles is third, behind Foster and MJD.

Los Pollos Hermanos
12-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Looks like more Chiefs fans need to vote.
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

Mr. Laz
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Looks like more Chiefs fans need to vote.
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot
voted a full chiefs ballot

several chiefs aren't on there

FD
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM
voted a full chiefs ballot

several chiefs aren't on there

And this here is whats wrong with fans voting on the pro bowl.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Pope is listed as KC's TE, but not Moeaki. Okkkay.

beach tribe
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Have you guys watched JC, and Chris Johnson run? They look almost exactly the same.
I actually think Charles has unseated Johnson as the best/most explosive RB in football.

My prediction: Jamaal Charles 2012=2000 yards rushing.

We need to bring in a Big Powerful Bruising back to get 10-12 carries a game. TJ is done for I believe.

Simply Red
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Unlike Brown, Charles actually likes the white man.

MMXcalibur
12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Reason that there are so few Chiefs making noise in the Pro Bowl voting?
Kansas City isn't on the East Coast.

Frosty
12-07-2010, 02:57 PM
The Pro Bowl became irrelevant once they let fans start voting.

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I haven't noticed Charles continually being stuffed in short yardage situations.

Do you watch the games? And he's only scored 3 tds. One of them was a 59 yarder in week 1. Why do you think they put Shaun Smith in on the goal line?

AndChiefs
12-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Do you watch the games? And he's only scored 3 tds. One of them was a 59 yarder in week 1. Why do you think they put Shaun Smith in on the goal line?

Putting someone else in and him getting stuffed are two different things. I'd be interested to see how many short yardage opportunities he's even had this year. It always seems to be Jones.

Frosty
12-07-2010, 04:02 PM
I put the short yardage woes on the interior of the o-line not being able to get any push.

Los Pollos Hermanos
12-07-2010, 04:06 PM

I saw this play just last week.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/awks/charles.gif

-King-
12-07-2010, 04:14 PM

Um, because we have a zone blocking line that isn't good in short down situations?

Rasputin
12-07-2010, 05:01 PM

More like a Jamaal Charles type.

He is in his own world on the football field. Blazing speed, quick burst, streangth of a bull slap from his stiff arms. The guy is on his own level, forget Priest Holmes, Barry Sanders. They were good in there own ways not to take any thing from them, but Jamaal Charles is writing his own legacy.

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Putting someone else in and him getting stuffed are two different things. I'd be interested to see how many short yardage opportunities he's even had this year. It always seems to be Jones.

It's always Jones or someone else because they know he's a perimeter runner only. The only time he goes up the middle is on a draw. Look I like Jamal and I think he is a real weapon, but to compare him to Jim Brown is a joke. Brown is possibly the best athlete in the history of sports. Yards per carry is great but look at the rest of the numbers.

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Um, because we have a zone blocking line that isn't good in short down situations?

Believe me. If they had confidence in Charles at the goal line he would have more than 3 tds. Why do you think they always throw on the goal line? The Chiefs used zone blocking with Vermiel too and Holmes had 27 tds. LJ had 21 I think. A far cry from 3 after 12 games. I like Jamal. He's a real weapon but not a complete back. I'm with Haley on this one.

ReynardMuldrake
12-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Believe me. If they had confidence in Charles at the goal line he would have more than 3 tds. Why do you think they always throw on the goal line? The Chiefs used zone blocking with Vermiel too and Holmes had 27 tds. LJ had 21 I think. A far cry from 3 after 12 games. I like Jamal. He's a real weapon but not a complete back. I'm with Haley on this one.

You don't seem to understand the offensive scheme very well. Sorry if you are pissed that he is on your fantasy team but the goal is not to give as many touchdowns as possible to 1 guy.

Jimhoopie
12-19-2010, 10:17 PM
You don't seem to understand the offensive scheme very well. Sorry if you are pissed that he is on your fantasy team but the goal is not to give as many touchdowns as possible to 1 guy.

The goal is to score touchdowns and generally teams depend on the their best running back to punch it in from the 1. Fantasy football is for dorks. I watch real football where teams try to win games. Again I like Charles, but at the end of his career it will be laughable to compare him to Brown. Sanders maybe. Early in his career they pulled him on the goal line too because he couldn't punch it in either.

KChiefs1
12-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Charles isn't getting enough pub for the season he is having....

Mama Hip Rockets
12-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Jamaal Charles is on pace to trail only Jim Brown for the highest yards-per-carry average with a minimum of 180 attempts in NFL history.
Player Avg. Year
Jim Brown 6.4 1963
Jamaal Charles 6.2* 2010
Barry Sanders 6.1 1997
O.J. Simpson 6.0 1973
* - Through Sunday's game

-- Source: ESPN Stats and Information

That is so awesome.

MMXcalibur
12-20-2010, 12:11 AM
....and you know what? He's probably not going to the Pro Bowl.

Hootie
12-20-2010, 12:22 AM

that's about right

although Charles has been the better of the two this year...no doubt

they are basically the same player

Phobia
12-20-2010, 12:22 AM
does that mean we're going to trade him for a first and three seconds?
and would you want us to pull that trigger?

I think you're confusing Dorsett for another Cowboys back.

Hootie
12-20-2010, 12:26 AM
He is NOT chris johnson. Johnson has a run of 1 yard, 3 yards, -2yards, 4 yards, and then be breaks a 60 yarder. Jamaal consistently gets 5-10 yards a play. He's more consistent than Johnson.
Posted via Mobile Device

CJ is handcuffed by an outdated coaching staff and a little bit of an ego issue...he's THE Chris Johnson now...everyone expects him to break 80 yarders every game so he has been pressing all year...

HemiEd
12-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Jamaal Charles > Barry Sanders + Jim Brown.
Yep, they are both too old for the game.

No disrespect to Charles intended, he is fun to watch, and is the best I have ever seen at reading his blocks.

Hootie
12-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Unless Charles somehow gets 2000 yards in a 300 carry season...I don't want to see it...

We don't need him to do that...

The Titans are going to break CJ before they even get full usage out of him...

If we use Charles the way we've used him this year he'll be an extremely valuable asset for years to come...

the dude put a primetime DAGGER into St. Louis today...

I like Thomas Jones but when his time in KC is done we need to keep getting another Thomas Jones to compliment Charles because it's a perfect fit.

ChiefGator
12-20-2010, 06:24 AM
That is so awesome.

Actually, those are his older numbers.

Jamaal Charles 6.4 2010 (Through the first 14 games)
Jim Brown 6.4 1963
Barry Sanders 6.1 1997
O.J. Simpson 6.0 1973

InChiefsHeaven
12-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Unless Charles somehow gets 2000 yards in a 300 carry season...I don't want to see it...

We don't need him to do that...

The Titans are going to break CJ before they even get full usage out of him...

If we use Charles the way we've used him this year he'll be an extremely valuable asset for years to come...

the dude put a primetime DAGGER into St. Louis today...

I like Thomas Jones but when his time in KC is done we need to keep getting another Thomas Jones to compliment Charles because it's a perfect fit.

Maybe Battle is already that guy...

jjchieffan
12-20-2010, 10:10 AM
What is his yds/carry after yesterday?

Los Pollos Hermanos
12-20-2010, 10:13 AM
What is his yds/carry after yesterday?

Actually, those are his older numbers.

Jamaal Charles 6.4 2010 (Through the first 14 games)
Jim Brown 6.4 1963
Barry Sanders 6.1 1997
O.J. Simpson 6.0 1973

:thumb:

Mr. Laz
12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Charles needs more carries!!!!!

beach tribe
12-20-2010, 10:47 AM

I see him as much more of an Eric Dickerson. He hits the hole at top speed, because he's standing still to full sprint in three steps, which makes it almost impossible to converge on him before he's into the secondary. Especially after the defense has had a small dose of Brick foot Jones, and has gotten used to his timing coming through the hole.

ReynardMuldrake
12-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Charles is now only 42 yards behind Foster in total rushing yards!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1