PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Matt Cassel vs Mark Sanchez

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAZ
12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
It's not fair to start this thread after a pretty bad Jets game, but it's why it occurs to me and I'm curious. So whatever.

At this point in their careers with their respective teams, who do you want as your QB?

WebGem
12-06-2010, 10:18 PM
I want Matt Cassel.

But I also want Mark Sanchez...at Arrowhead...in the playoffs. BRING ON THE JETS BABY

Useful Idiot
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Andre Johnson.

Reerun_KC
12-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I'll admit. I was out at Buehler_445's farm when it was announced that Cassel was acquired. I threw a Dane like temper tantrum cause I wanted Sanchez. Now two years later I realize that the chiefs front office know more about the NFL then I do.

the Talking Can
12-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Sanchez

Ebolapox
honestly? I'd take sanchez still. unless cassel IS a late bloomer and shows up and plays balls to the wall the rest of the way (something we've only seen against shitty defenses), in a vacuum (aka, weis coaching up sanchez and the support of our ground game), I like the fact that sanchez is younger, he's been better in the pocket when I've seen him, and I'm fairly sure that he'll be ahead of where cassel is now when he's in HIS late 20's.

I believe you'd get more time out of sanchez' career, and he has a higher ceiling, IMO.

doomy3
Cassel.

I like the fire he plays with, and I just don't like the decisions Sanchez makes.

Mr. Flopnuts
It's not fair to start this thread after a pretty bad Jets game, but it's why it occurs to me and I'm curious. So whatever.

At this point in their careers with their respective teams, who do you want as your QB?

Don't worry. These threads only get started when Sanchez has a bad game. It's normal.

FAX
12-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Hmmm ... handful of moist cat turd down the pants or giant pile of panda poop in the shoe ... tough one, Mr. jAZ.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
I still would take Sanchez. Should have made it a public poll.

MIAdragon
Jfc

doomy3
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM
honestly? I'd take sanchez still. unless cassel IS a late bloomer and shows up and plays balls to the wall the rest of the way (something we've only seen against shitty defenses), in a vacuum (aka, weis coaching up sanchez and the support of our ground game), I like the fact that sanchez is younger, he's been better in the pocket when I've seen him, and I'm fairly sure that he'll be ahead of where cassel is now when he's in HIS late 20's.

I believe you'd get more time out of sanchez' career, and he has a higher ceiling, IMO.

But you have to believe he is actually going to be good, otherwise his age doesn't mean shit. There are plenty of other young QBs we could go sign that could also suck ass.

I'll take Cassel until we are actually in a position to draft a true franchise QB, not just take whoever is the best QB sitting there when we are up in the draft (a la Sanchez and Clausen).

Deberg_1990
12-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I'll admit. I was out at Buehler_445's farm when it was announced that Cassel was acquired. I threw a Dane like temper tantrum cause I wanted Sanchez. Now two years later I realize that the chiefs front office know more about the NFL then I do.

Pretty much feel the same. Not saying Cassel is gonna be the next Brady but hes going to be solid.

I think that Pioli didnt feel Sanchez was worth the risk at #3 overall pick when he knew he could snag an already proven Cassel.

Now if it would have been a Bradford or Matt Ryan instead of Sanchez coming out, it might have been a different story.

doomy3
12-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Don't worry. These threads only get started when Sanchez has a bad game. It's normal.

LMAO

And threads like this never get started when Cassel plays a bad game.

Ebolapox
12-06-2010, 10:28 PM
the thing is, I believe weis could get a ton out of sanchez. he's got a ton of natural talent; you know, talent that isn't rusty from sitting on the bench for years.

don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about cassel now. it'd be nice to see him step it up the next few weeks, though.

petegz28
Cassel right now is turning out to be a damn good QB this season. He doesn't have the 50 yard bombs but by the same token to only have thrown 4 INT's in 12 games you have to give credit where credit is due. Yes, the running game helps him out a ton. But a key factor to remember is he has thrown 24 TD's with a very, very weak WR corps.

doomy3
Pretty much feel the same. Not saying Cassel is gonna be the next Brady but hes going to be solid.

I think that Pioli didnt feel Sanchez was worth the risk at #3 overall pick when he knew he could snag an already proven Cassel.

Now if it would have been a Bradford or Matt Ryan instead of Sanchez coming out, it might have been a different story.

This is pretty much exactly what I said when the trade went down.

Pioli looked at that draft and didn't see a franchise QB available to us, and knew he could get Cassel.

Where he fucked up was taking Jackson at #3 instead of a guy like Maclin, Harvin, Cushing or Matthews.

Ebolapox
12-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I'll put it this way: all things being equal...

sanchez > tyson jackson.

(ouch)

I'd rather be paying two QBs serious jack (grooming sanchez) than have jackson stinking the joint up.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Bradford or Luck. I'd still take Colt McCoy to backup and/or push Cassel.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2010, 10:34 PM
It's easy to vote Cassel right now, but when all is said and done I believe Sanchez will be the better quarterback.

doomy3
12-06-2010, 10:35 PM
It's easy to vote Cassel right now, but when all is said and done I believe Sanchez will be the better quarterback.

He may be, but if he is I think it will be marginal. I definitely don't think we passed up on Brady, Rivers, Manning, Rodgers or Brees for Cassel.

Marcellus
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
the thing is, I believe weis could get a ton out of sanchez. he's got a ton of natural talent; you know, talent that isn't rusty from sitting on the bench for years.

don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about cassel now. it'd be nice to see him step it up the next few weeks, though.

Took the words right off my keyboard.

If Weiss can do this for Cassel, hard to say he would't make Sanchez better.

Isn't young Shottenhiemer the Jets OC?

Not complaining about Cassel though.

Marcellus
12-06-2010, 10:38 PM

Pioli looked at that draft and didn't see a franchise QB available to us, and knew he could get Cassel.

Where he ****ed up was taking Jackson at #3 instead of a guy like Maclin, Harvin, Cushing or Matthews.

Yup. I wasn't sold on Sanchez as a franchise guy either.

Not sold on TJ ever living up to being a 3rd round pick (had he been one) either.

TheGuardian
12-06-2010, 10:39 PM

That's why there are so many.

TheGuardian
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM

fail

Ebolapox
12-06-2010, 10:41 PM
fail

so essentially, all opinions that you don't hold are, by definition, false.

ok, got it.

Bewbies
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
These threads never show up when Sanchez leads his team to a win late in the 4th or in OT.

Hammock Parties
fail

I've seen Sanchez make throws Cassel would never even attempt, let alone complete.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I'm starting to believe that TheGuardian was the brother of the girl who accused Sanchez of sexual impropriety.

TheGuardian
12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I've seen Sanchez make throws Cassel would never even attempt, let alone complete.

Jeff George made throws Joe Montana could never make, or even attempt. What the fuck does that mean? Not a god damned thing.

I'm starting to believe that TheGuardian was the brother of the girl who accused Sanchez of sexual impropriety.

I just love watching Sanchize suck complete ass while people on here cried and whined like bitches because we didn't draft him.

-King-
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Cassel.

I thought Sanchez would be average, but I'm starting to feel that he isn't that good. He has more weapons than Cassel right now. He's in his 2nd season at starting QB. Yet he isn't producing like he should.

-King-
12-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Jeff George made throws Joe Montana could never make, or even attempt. What the fuck does that mean? Not a god damned thing.

Good way of putting it.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2010, 10:47 PM

What it means is that Sanchez has shown an ability to make elite throws, and he's young - this is only his third year starting including college - so you have to be patient with him.

You could apply that logic to Cassel, but he doesn't make those same throws, and if he's really "improving," he's a lot older.

In the end I think it's the difference between an average quarterback and one who could go to Pro Bowls.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Cassel.

I thought Sanchez would be average, but I'm starting to feel that he isn't that good. He has more weapons than Cassel right now. He's in his 2nd season at starting QB. Yet he isn't producing like he should.

It's apparent you don't seem to know much about the learning curve of a QB.

Ebolapox
12-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I HAVE heard whispers that sanchez isn't putting in the time necessary to succeed (aka, living it up, namath style) like cassel apparently always has. I'd still take sanchez, under the guise that kansas city doesn't have the night-life that new york has, and our coaching staff would likely hold him to a higher standard than new york's does.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2010, 10:49 PM
These threads never show up when Sanchez leads his team to a win late in the 4th or in OT.

That's when Mecca shows up.

Marcellus
12-06-2010, 10:50 PM
What it means is that Sanchez has shown an ability to make elite throws, and he's young - this is only his third year starting including college - so you have to be patient with him.

You could apply that logic to Cassel, but he doesn't make those same throws, and if he's really "improving," he's a lot older.

In the end I think it's the difference between an average quarterback and one who could go to Pro Bowls.

Interesting comment considering one is on a PB pace this season and one isn't.

Hammock Parties
Cassel.

He had 900 yards passing and 6 TD in weeks 9-11 this year. The Jets won all three games.

He didn't do anything like that last season.

He's definitely progressing.

-King-

That learning curve sure hasn't seemed to affect Ryan, Flacco, Bradford, and Freeman. He is the only QB that hasn't put the team on his back and willed them to wins.

TheGuardian

Attemping a shitty pass that Cassel would never attempt doesn't impress me.

According to your logic, Joe Montana, the greatest QB of all time, couldn't make elite throws. But Jeff George and Jamarcus Russel could.

This is why you constantly fail on these takes. Too much invested in tangibles. Sanchez likes being the man. He likes being in NY and being in commercials and the limelight. Cassel likes to win, study, and become a better QB. Cassel will likely continue to improve while Sanchize more than likely has hit his wall. We can revisit this thread anytime you want to next season in December.

LaChapelle
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Is that Sanchise for #3 over all vs Cassel and Vrabel for a high #2

Hammock Parties
That learning curve sure hasn't seemed to affect Ryan, Flacco, Bradford, and Freeman. He is the only QB that hasn't put the team on his back and willed them to wins.

Incorrect. Hell, we had an entire thread detailing Sanchez's 10-point comeback win in Detroit.

Bewbies
I do know this, if we're down 4 with 2 minutes to go I'd rather have Sanchez at this point than Cassel.

the Talking Can

you can't have watched him and say that....that is simply false.....

have you actually watched him play this year?

philfree

You mean like those INTs he threw tonight? I agree!

PhilFree:arrow:

Ebolapox
12-06-2010, 10:52 PM
it'd be nice if you could put cassel's work ethic into the mind of a sanchez or, better yet, jamarcus russell. that guy has/had CRAZY talent... just not enough 'want-to.' a franchise qb has to have BOTH the work ethic and the talent.

TheGuardian
Incorrect. Hell, we had an entire thread detailing Sanchez's 10-point comeback win in Detroit.

A 10 point comeback against the worst team in the NFL. Very impressive.

Marcellus

I find it odd that it is rarely mentioned that in said instances this year, the reason they were behind or in OT was because of Sanchez playing horrible earlier.

He has thrown horrible picks late in games. Why that is ignored is pretty damn odd.

Bewbies
You mean like those INTs he threw tonight? I agree!

Peyton Manning clearly sucks, he's thrown a lot of INT's in his career. Idiot.

-King-
12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
you can't have watched him and say that....that is simply false.....

have you actually watched him play this year?

Yes I have. His comeback wins have come from situations in which HE created. Thats not what I call putting the team on your back.

TheGuardian
12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I do know this, if we're down 4 with 2 minutes to go I'd rather have Sanchez at this point than Cassel.

That's because you're a fucking n00b.

Bewbies
12-06-2010, 10:54 PM
it'd be nice if you could put cassel's work ethic into the mind of a sanchez or, better yet, jamarcus russell. that guy has/had CRAZY talent... just not enough 'want-to.' a franchise qb has to have BOTH the work ethic and the talent.

If his work ethic sucks, he'll never amount to much. If they knew he wouldn't work hard and that's why we passed on him I have no problem with that. BUT THEN WHY THE FUCK DID THEY TAKE JACKSON??

-King-
I find it odd that it is rarely mentioned that in said instances this year, the reason they were behind or in OT was because of Sanchez playing horrible earlier.

He has thrown horrible picks late in games. Why that is ignored is pretty damn odd.
Because they like to ignore that. He has caused those comeback situations. Its not that the defense or special teams has been letting him down. Its that he has played badly for the majority of the game.

philfree

So now Sanchex is P. Manning?

And you called me an idiot? LOL

Bewbies
12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
That's because you're a ****ing n00b.

Seriously? You feel confident in Cassel leading down the field for a game winning TD? He's done that so much hasn't he? LMAO

TheGuardian

Sanchez numbers across the board suck. And that's with a great defense and running game.

Hammock Parties
Attemping a shitty pass that Cassel would never attempt doesn't impress me.

What are you talking about? A shitty pass? Huh?

According to your logic, Joe Montana, the greatest QB of all time, couldn't make elite throws. But Jeff George and Jamarcus Russel could.

What are you talking about? I'm not talking about arm strength. I'm talking about accuracy, about throwing to a receiver who is tightly covered, and putting it in a spot where only he can get it.

I'm talking about a throw like the one Sanchez made to Keller near the end of regulation in Detroit. Watch at 1:38.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010110700/2010/REG9/jets@lions#tab:watch

That is a franchise QB throw. When was the last time you saw Cassel do that?

Bewbies
So now Sanchex is P. Manning?

And you called me an idiot? LOL

I was referencing your brilliant take that throwing an INT means a QB sucks.

DaWolf
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Matt Ryan

TheGuardian
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Seriously? You feel confident in Cassel leading down the field for a game winning TD? He's done that so much hasn't he? LMAO

You mean like against Buffalo?

Second, he hasn't put us in those situations very much. He only has 4 picks all season because he takes care of the ball and doesn't put his team in bad situations very often. This is the opposite of what Sanchize does. Namely, suck cock the whole game and hope his defense can keep bailing him out.

Marcellus
12-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes I have. His comeback wins have come from situations in which HE created. Thats not what I call putting the team on your back.

Pretty ironic the question was did YOU watch the games. I saw what you did. He could have easily cost them several of those wins rather than being the "hero".

Hammock Parties
Sanchez numbers across the board suck. And that's with a great defense and running game.

He has 16 TD and 11 INT.

That isn't horrible for a 2nd year QB.

the Talking Can

comebacks wins are generally by nature from situations you create...that's why you have to comeback...

you just don't want to give him credit, which is fine...but be honest

and since you claim to have watched him this year you know that he beat the patriots already....and had a 70% completion percentage, 3 tds, 0ints, and a 124 QB rating

is that 'putting a team on your back'? against one the best teams in the league?

it's a better win by far than any we have this year....and the Jets are still 9-3

want to try again?

doomy3

Bearcat
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM
A 10 point comeback against the worst team in the NFL. Very impressive.

You mean like against Buffalo?

:spock:

-King-
What are you talking about? A shitty pass? Huh?

What are you talking about? I'm not talking about arm strength. I'm talking about accuracy, about throwing to a receiver who is tightly covered, and putting it in a spot where only he can get it.

I'm talking about a throw like the one Sanchez made to Keller near the end of regulation in Detroit. Watch at 1:38.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010110700/2010/REG9/jets@lions#tab:watch

That is a franchise QB throw. When was the last time you saw Cassel do that?

How the hell is that a franchise QB throw?

philfree
I was referencing your brilliant take that throwing an INT means a QB sucks.

Did I say he sucked in this thread?

-King-
12-06-2010, 10:59 PM
comebacks wins are generally by nature from situations you create...that's why you have to comeback...

you just don't want to give him credit, which is fine...but be honest

and since you claim to have watched him this year you know that he beat the patriots already....and had a 70% completion percentage, 3 tds, 0ints, and a 124 QB rating

is that 'putting a team on your back'? against one the best teams in the league?

it's a better win by far than any we have this year....and the Jets are still 9-3

want to try again?

Has he put the team on his back the way Ryan, Freeman, Bradford, and Flacco has?

What team would suffer more if you took their QB out?

Marcellus
12-06-2010, 10:59 PM
He has 16 TD and 11 INT.

That isn't horrible for a 2nd year QB.

That's nothing to get excited about either.

Brock
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Has he put the team on his back the way Ryan, Freeman, Bradford, and Flacco has?

Flacco? WTF? LMAO

the Talking Can
12-06-2010, 11:01 PM

in others words, you got nothing and you haven't actually watched him play

-King-
12-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Mark Sanchez threw an INT very late in the 4th quarter in Houston. Then he threw a pick in Overtime against Cleveland.

Yes, he's been great in the clutch....

-King-
12-06-2010, 11:03 PM
in others words, you got nothing and you haven't actually watched him play

Oh I have. Picks late in the game only to get bailed out by dumbass clock management by Gary Kubiak and and lucky strip in Cleveland.

Have you watched the games?

Hootie
12-06-2010, 11:05 PM

bust rate on early QB's is way higher than the success rate...

but it's apparent you don't know much about that

Hammock Parties
How the hell is that a franchise QB throw?

How is it not? The receiver is tightly covered. Sanchez puts it right on him. Great throw, and I'd praise Cassel for the same kind of throw.

the Talking Can
Oh I have. Picks late in the game only to get bailed out by dumbass clock management by Gary Kubiak and and lucky strip in Cleveland.

Have you watched the games?

you haven't addressed a single thing i said....and you can't, because you were wrong

and it's pretty obvious you haven't watched him much this year

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
That is a franchise QB throw. When was the last time you saw Cassel do that?That throw? It is a very good throw, but we've seen Cassel those as well.

Bewbies
12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
This is the opposite of what Sanchize does. Namely, suck cock the whole game and hope his defense can keep bailing him out.

Have you watched KC play? This is how Cassel has played most of the season.

-King-
you haven't addressed a single thing i said....and you can't, because you were wrong

and it's pretty obvious you haven't watched him much this year

How haven't I? Has he not choked late in games only to get bailed out? How am I wrong?

Hootie
the Jets are the luckiest team in the NFL this year

that won't keep up

the team is a total fraud

BUT

I would have won bets with all the drafturbating idiots who made fun of me for telling them the Pats were going to win that division and people were dumb as shit for betting against them

Hammock Parties
That throw? It is a very good throw, but we've seen Cassel those as well.

I honestly can't remember a throw like that he made, certainly not at that distance, either.

Hootie
12-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Ryan Leaf can make that throw in his sleep...

I don't care about a QB making a throw here and there...

Sanchez is god damn awful. He's a bust. He'll never be good.

-King-
12-06-2010, 11:08 PM
How is it not? The receiver is tightly covered. Sanchez puts it right on him. Great throw, and I'd praise Cassel for the same kind of throw.

How about the Moeaki touchdown in Seattle. IIRC Moeaki had about 3 people around him.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2010, 11:10 PM
How about the Moeaki touchdown in Seattle. IIRC Moeaki had about 3 people around him.

5-yard throw.

LaChapelle
12-06-2010, 11:11 PM
He'll play better in his climate controlled dome

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Sanchez is god damn awful. He's a bust. He'll never be good.

LMAO.

A second-year QB. So laughable. And people who are bashing the shit out of Sanchez have also been quick to defend Jackson. Yeah, that double standard makes sense.

-King-
5-yard throw.

Actually, the throw is the same. Traveled 20 yards just like Sanchez' pass.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81c7e1a0/QB-Cassel-to-TE-Moeaki-6-yd-pass-TD

'Hamas' Jenkins
the Jets are the luckiest team in the NFL this year

that won't keep up

the team is a total fraud

BUT

I would have won bets with all the drafturbating idiots who made fun of me for telling them the Pats were going to win that division and people were dumb as shit for betting against them

Who the hell went into this year thinking that the Pats weren't the better team?

-King-
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM
LMAO.

A second-year QB. So laughable. And people who are bashing the shit out of Sanchez have also been quick to defend Jackson. Yeah, that double standard makes sense.

Who? Jackson is a bust.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Actually, the throw is the same. Traveled 20 yards just like Sanchez' pass.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81c7e1a0/QB-Cassel-to-TE-Moeaki-6-yd-pass-TD

Sanchez's pass traveled 30 yards.

It's not the same type of throw.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2010, 11:16 PM
LMAO.

Tavaris Jackson has been sitting on the bench cause of Favre, just wait till next year, domination

Ebolapox
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
....tyson jackson, methinks.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Deez knows what im talking about

DeezNutz
12-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Tavaris Jackson has been sitting on the bench cause of Favre, just wait till next year, domination

lol.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2010, 11:22 PM
FTR Tyson Jackson is a piece of epic shit, Trezelle Jenkins FTWW

Rausch
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
A breather...

Rausch
12-06-2010, 11:25 PM
FTR Tyson Jackson is a piece of epic shit, Trezelle Jenkins FTWW

Not accurate or fair.

I'd say he's about Pellom McDaniels talent...

Hootie
12-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Who the hell went into this year thinking that the Pats weren't the better team?

all of you guys!

hahahahaha

when the Jets were making their moves I bet ALL OF YOU the Pats would win the division...

I'll have to go dig that thread up.

LMAO

I specifically said to never bet against the Patriots and BB...while you all were taking the Jets.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Sanchez's pass traveled 30 yards.

It's not the same type of throw.Cassel threw 2 similar to Bowe vs. Arizona.

Ebolapox
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
I gotta say, a pizza boy defending our QB does not make me any more confident.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Cassel threw 2 similar to Bowe vs. Arizona.

Disagree. Bowe was wide open in that game on almost every throw.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 11:35 PM
all of you guys!

hahahahaha

when the Jets were making their moves I bet ALL OF YOU the Pats would win the division...

I'll have to go dig that thread up.

LMAO

I specifically said to never bet against the Patriots and BB...while you all were taking the Jets.

Hootie, I loved the Jets so much that before the first game of the season, I said this:

That Jets team may be heading for an implosion the way they've made their personnel moves. They really seem to be tempting fate.

Given that he would still be the best FB on the roster, and probably the best teammate in the entire place, it would be hard for them to overpay for Richardson.

Sounds like a ringing endorsement of their moves to me.

Do you ever actually say anything truthful in any of your faux arguments?

Hammock Parties
12-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Hootie still owes me ten bucks for sucking off Peyton Manning.

Rausch
12-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Girbac?...

Hootie
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I'll dig up the thread after I'm done playing Halo...

It was probably in the Santonio Holmes thread...I'll have to look.

It was probably Dane to be honest...but the drafturbator gang was all over the Jets and I told them the Pats were going to win the division and Vegas was dumb for giving the Jets better odds this year.

Rausch
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Hootie still owes me ten bucks for sucking off Peyton Manning.

Take that $#it to craigslist...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2010, 11:47 PM

It was probably Dane to be honest...but the drafturbator gang was all over the Jets and I told them the Pats were going to win the division and Vegas was dumb for giving the Jets better odds this year.

To be honest, you are a genius.

You said the Jets would finish 7-9 and that the AFC belonged to the Colts, Pats, and Texans.

Hootie
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM
and Texans?

Nah

Colts and Pats

and both teams will probably win their divisions, too

I'll find the Jets thread...can't wait, too

Rausch
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM
To be honest, you are a genius.

You said the Jets would finish 7-9 and that the AFC belonged to the Colts, Pats, and Texans.

http://omama-obama.com/images/oops.jpg

Hootie
12-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I also predicted Cassel's breakout week to a T and said just last week Sanchez would shit his pants tonight...

at which point you tried defending him...then tried playing the "I watch him more" card...and then shut up when I told you you've probably watched no more Jets games than me...

you're an idiot bro...proven time and time again

Hootie
12-06-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't know how I said the AFC belonged to the Texans when the Colts own their division...I've always liked the Texans even though Schaub has regressed this year.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 12:01 AM

Fuck you, Hootie.

First off, I did NOT mention anything about the Jets finishing first, second or last in their division in the Holmes thread.

And for the record, you've been bent over and fucked in the ass more than a dimestore hooker in Times Square in this forum over the years with your fucking baseless and worthless "predictions", so you really need to shut your fucking mouth.

you know what I'm starting to think?

The Jets are going to be the NFL's biggest disappointment next year.

LMAO

Yeah, they're a REAL disappointment, Nostradrunkass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Baltimore will go only as far as Flacco...

so they might get to the playoffs...

but they aren't going to get through Manning AND Brady...

No freaking way.

The AFC belongs to the Colts or Pats...

OR JUST MAYBE THE TEXANS

but I can't see it going any other way.

You also predicted Baltimore to go 8-8, FWIW.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2010, 12:03 AM
I also predicted Cassel's breakout week to a T and said just last week Sanchez would shit his pants tonight...

at which point you tried defending him...then tried playing the "I watch him more" card...and then shut up when I told you you've probably watched no more Jets games than me...

you're an idiot bro...proven time and time again

I said nothing about Sanchez before this game, either predicting a good, bad, or mediocre game. You're making shit up again. When we were talking about Sanchez's play, it was about how he'd played throughout the season.

Hootie
12-07-2010, 12:07 AM
**** you, Hootie.

First off, I did NOT mention anything about the Jets finishing first, second or last in their division in the Holmes thread.

And for the record, you've been bent over and ****ed in the ass more than a dimestore hooker in Times Square in this forum over the years with your ****ing baseless and worthless "predictions", so you really need to shut your ****ing mouth.

LMAO

Yeah, they're a REAL disappointment, Nostradrunkass.

please link me to that thread

because apparently you found it

and the Jets and Ravens aren't going to do shit this year...2 1st round exits...whooooopee

Hootie
12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
LINK LINK LINK LINK

PLZ

LINK

jd1020
12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Cassel.

Look at the talent surrounding Sanchez compared to Cassel and then compare their #'s. Sanchez is the most overrated below average QB. He plays in NY and plays QB. QB's get all the credit in football. If he played in any other city his name would barely be mentioned on ESPN.

Basileus777
12-07-2010, 12:19 AM
So which one of you is CHEIFSDESTROYALL?

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=61990

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 12:20 AM
That's me. They locked the thread, wtf?

keg in kc
12-07-2010, 12:23 AM
My vote now would be the same as it was in 2009. Neither.

doomy3
12-07-2010, 12:26 AM
My vote now would be the same as it was in 2009. Neither.

What would you have done? Rolled with Croyle or Thigpen? Or was there another FA you would have signed? Clausen this year?

Basileus777
12-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Coming from someone who wanted to draft Sanchez at the time, I just don't think all that much of Sanchez's potential anymore. I see his upside as a Matt Hasselbeck type QB. And we see what his floor is right now.

To be honest, I don't think this debate is really worth having anymore. Neither Cassel nor Sanchez are likely going to be franchise type QBs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
What would you have done? Rolled with Croyle or Thigpen? Or was there another FA you would have signed? Clausen this year?

JAAAAASH FREEMAN!!/Sports Guy

philfree
We'll see how the season plays out but there is a possible Jets @ Chiefs playoff matchup looming. That'll be a fun game thread to follow.

-King-
12-07-2010, 12:42 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=61990

Fail.

Hootie
12-07-2010, 01:20 AM
LINK LINK LINK LINK

PLZ

LINK

that's what I thought dane

guess I gotta dig up my own dirt lol

CanadaKC
12-07-2010, 01:25 AM
sanchez = dilfer

philfree
12-07-2010, 01:27 AM
sanchez = dilfer

That spell 'Dirty Sanchez' in any language.

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Sanchez is much younger. He should be a rookie as he came in as an underclassmen. Cassel is almost 30. He should be more mature at this point. Sanchez has more upside. He already has more playoff wins than the Chiefs do in 15 years. I'm just sayin. Cassel has played well but David Garrard had a year a lot like Cassel is having about 3 years ago.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Sanchez is much younger. He should be a rookie as he came in as an underclassmen. Cassel is almost 30. He should be more mature at this point. Sanchez has more upside. He already has more playoff wins than the Chiefs do in 15 years. I'm just sayin. Cassel has played well but David Garrard had a year a lot like Cassel is having about 3 years ago.

Age is a bullshit factor. Playing time matters far more than the age of a guy.

And Sanchez sucks. Bam.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:30 AM
We'll see how the season plays out but there is a possible Jets @ Chiefs playoff matchup looming. That'll be a fun game thread to follow.

Yes it would be. You would finally get a chance to see a lot of supposed Chief fans pull for the Jets because of Sanchize.

King_Chief_Fan
12-07-2010, 09:33 AM
absolute fail there Clayton.....how do you spell the name of your team?

Chiefnj2
12-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Sanchez has been overrated, but he's still raw. The one thing he does really well is avoid sacks.

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Age is a bullshit factor. Playing time matters far more than the age of a guy.

And Sanchez sucks. Bam.

We will see if you still feel that way 5 years from now. Cassel will be 34 and Sanchez will be the same age Cassel is now. With 5 years of starting under his belt. Oh yeah how about 2 years after that. Cassel will probably be done and Sanchez will still have 5 years left.

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Yes it would be. You would finally get a chance to see a lot of supposed Chief fans pull for the Jets because of Sanchize.

Would never do that. Just because someone is a Chiefs fan doesn't mean they can't use logic to assess the better personnel move. Cassel is who we have and I root for him. But I think he's as good as he's going to get. I like what I see now but I'm not confident it will last. It didn't this past Sunday.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:59 AM
We will see if you still feel that way 5 years from now. Cassel will be 34 and Sanchez will be the same age Cassel is now. With 5 years of starting under his belt. Oh yeah how about 2 years after that. Cassel will probably be done and Sanchez will still have 5 years left.

And could easily be some third stringer or out of the league like Akili Smith. Age is really irrelevant. I'd rather get 7 more solid seasons from Cassel than 10 shit ones from Sanchez.

stevieray
12-07-2010, 10:00 AM

so what?

I'll never understand why Chiefs fans want to constantly slob the knob of another QB who is completley irrelevant to the team and it's success.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 10:07 AM
so what?

I'll never understand why Chiefs fans want to constantly slob the knob of another QB who is completley irrelevant to the team and it's success.

Amen.

Molitoth
12-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Where is the "Neither" option?

cmh6476
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I'd take a Dirty Cassel over a Dirty Sanchez any day

cmh6476
12-07-2010, 10:36 AM
also, is it just me or does the first round of the '09 draft class seem to be a bit of a turd? I think I might have rather gotten Orakpo at this point

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1

keg in kc
12-07-2010, 10:37 AM

JAAAAASH FREEMAN!!/Sports GuyUh, no.

I don't know what I would have done, but I definitely wouldn't have traded anything for Cassel and I definitely wouldn't have taken Sanchez in the top 5.

That's all I'm saying...

I think in a perfect world we'd have found a way to get Matt Ryan the year before. Not that I don't like Glen Dorsey.

If it's an either/or thing, all else being equal, I'd probably rather have Sanchez than Cassel long term. I just don't believe he was worth or will ever be worth the price the Jets paid. I think the Chiefs may have made the smarter move, although Sanchez still may end up being the better player.

cmh6476
12-07-2010, 10:37 AM
or Clay Matthews :drool:

TimeForWasp
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I say Cassel , mainly because that's who we have. If we didn't have either and were to chose, I wouldn't know which one I wanted. I like the potential of both of them.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Having all those years to develop really helped Amobi Okoye

Skyy God
12-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Having a lot of years to develop really helped Amobi Okoye'

Clark should petition the league to drop the 3 years removed from HS rule. That way, we could draft a 20 year old QB and get 15 great seasons out of production.

-King-
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Cassel is 28. Sanchez is 24.

Get your math straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Would never do that. Just because someone is a Chiefs fan doesn't mean they can't use logic to assess the better personnel move. Cassel is who we have and I root for him. But I think he's as good as he's going to get. I like what I see now but I'm not confident it will last. It didn't this past Sunday.

What leads you to think Sanchez will improve? How has he improved so far?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
What leads you to think Sanchez will improve? How has he improved so far?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last year he threw 20 picks, man.

This year he's leading the team to huge comebacks in the 4th quarter of games.

I've already explained this in the thread.

For a 2nd year QB he is doing well.

TimeForWasp
12-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Cassel for sure. Sanchez carries a purse.

http://www.tauntr.com/content/sanchez-gets-new-coach

LaChapelle
12-07-2010, 11:47 AM
The genius of Sanchize
is that he'll never play consistant enough
for defenses to get him figured out

SAUTO
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM

pretty damn obvious to me.

hell people bash cassel for throwing an int in the first QTR. . sanchez could throw one with two minutes left and not a word.

-King-
12-07-2010, 12:04 PM

He'll throw about 16 picks by the time the year is over. Not much of an improvement.

And it's been mentioned before, he's not leading his team to comebacks. Only game he did that was the Detroit game. Other than that, he's fucked up only to get bailed out late in the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2010, 12:05 PM
RIGHT NOW, I'm good with Cassel.

Since this is just Sanchez's 2nd season, we have no idea what his ceiling is.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM

Dude he did it what, twice? Over shit teams. You guys quit acting like he's fucking Joe Montana for the love of God. He sucks.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm just saying he's improved, that's all.

People should recognize it instead of acting like he hasn't.

His arrow is pointing up!

Dylan
12-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Jets Fan: SANCHEZ was FROZEN. You could see he was uncomfortable in those conditions. He has to learn how to play in the cold or else he's useless. cause.

Originally Posted by a Jets/Fan:
I was at the game, right behind the Jets bench and after every Jets punt (or attempt at a punt) Sanchez would go to the sidelines and be on that bike within a minute or two. All the Pats fans around me were chanting "Ride your bike! Ride your bike!"God, what a night

God forgive me... ROFL

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm just saying he's improved, that's all.

People should recognize it instead of acting like he hasn't.

His arrow is pointing up!

No, not really.

bowener
12-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Where he ****ed up was taking Jackson at #3 instead of a guy like Maclin, Harvin, Cushing or Matthews.

Oh god, can you imagine Mathews opposite Hali?

I'm going to go rage on the wall and scream for a moment.

MahiMike
12-07-2010, 12:57 PM
This is funny.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
No, not really.

Really?

Explain how a guy who threw 12/20 and now has 16/11 is not progressing?

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
All the Pats fans around me were chanting "Ride your bike! Ride your bike!"God, what a night

God forgive me... ROFL

Hahahaha.

Some Pats fan should make a video of Sanchez pedaling away to Queen's "I want to ride my biiiiiiiiiicycle! BIIIIIIIIICYCLE!"

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Really?

I dunno I guess the same way that I see Cassel at 23-4 instead of 16-16 and yet he still has shit to prove to people.

See what I did there?

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 01:06 PM
I dunno I guess the same way that I see Cassel at 23-4 instead of 16-16 and yet he still has shit to prove to people.

See what I did there?

Anyone who says Cassel hasn't made progress is blind.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Anyone who says Cassel hasn't made progress is blind.

That's not what I wrote. Read it again.

-King-
12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Really?

ROFL Aren't you one of the guys who argue with people who use Cassel stats as proof he's improved?
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
12-07-2010, 01:14 PM
ROFL Aren't you one of the guys who argue with people who use Cassel stats as proof he's improved?
Posted via Mobile Device

depends on the week.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 01:14 PM
That's not what I wrote. Read it again.

I read what you wrote.

Both Cassel and Sanchez have made progress.

There's no arguing against that on either side, IMO.

Saul Good
12-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Really?

Honest question; who has taken a bigger step forward from last season to this season between Cassel and Sanchez?

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Honest question; who has taken a bigger step forward from last season to this season between Cassel and Sanchez?

Cassel. But he's 28, it was time to put up or shut up.

If Sanchez's incline is a bit flatter, that's to be expected.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM

Age has ZERO to do with it. What is it about that that you guys don't get? PLaying time is the single most important thing a guy can get. Lots of guys are smart enough to sit in a film room and know what to do, but not react properly on the field. It takes reps. As Cassel is getting reps, he's getting better. And at a fairly good clip.

I also think it's BS to use it when it's clear this team needed to be coached up a lot and more talent added. Once Matty got some talent around him imagine that, he got better. Who knew?

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I still need someone to explain to me how Cassel still has LOTS to prove when he's 23-4 and yet Sanchize looks like a franchise QB at 16/11......

Hootie
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm extremely content with Cassel at QB this year...

which is something I never imagined saying...

I'm even happier with Pioli...we're the next big thing in the NFL...we're only going to get better.

beach tribe
12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. I don't care what Sanchez's stats say. Everytime I watch him play, he looks like a noodle arm pussy, who misses wide open recievers, and can't hit crossing patterns 8 yards in front of him.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Exactly. I don't care what Sanchez's stats say. Everytime I watch him play, he looks like a noodle arm pussy, who misses wide open recievers, and can't hit crossing patterns 8 yards in front of him.

Exactly.

jd1020
12-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Cassel has improved and I would take him way ahead of Sanchez, but he still has 1 thing to prove. He's proven he can beat the teams he should beat, most of the time. He has yet to prove he can beat the team he NEEDS to beat. This upcoming game against SD is going to be his first real test to prove he can be THE guy, imo. He and the rest of the team cant allow the Chargers to get back into the race after the Raiders just punched them in the gut.

CoMoChief
12-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Age has ZERO to do with it. What is it about that that you guys don't get? PLaying time is the single most important thing a guy can get. Lots of guys are smart enough to sit in a film room and know what to do, but not react properly on the field. It takes reps. As Cassel is getting reps, he's getting better. And at a fairly good clip.

I also think it's BS to use it when it's clear this team needed to be coached up a lot and more talent added. Once Matty got some talent around him imagine that, he got better. Who knew?

So being the fact that Cassel has been in the NFL for 5 yrs now (thus being 28) doesn't carry any more weight or an advantage over someone who's just in their 2nd yr in the NFL?

You talk about playing time, well Sanchez only started 2 years during college. During which time Cassel was taking NFL practice reps w/ the Patriots against real NFL players. Not to mention Cassel's 2008 season when he started in replacement of Brady, when Cassel was going up against NFL defenses while Sanchez was playing against a shitty PAC-10 league.

Like GIFHorse said, it was time for MC to put up or shut up. Sanchez has improved a lot from last year....and he'll continue to get better next year as well.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 02:25 PM
So being the fact that Cassel has been in the NFL for 5 yrs now (thus being 28) doesn't carry any more weight or an advantage over someone who's just in their 2nd yr in the NFL?

You talk about playing time, well Sanchez only started 2 years during college. During which time Cassel was taking NFL practice reps w/ the Patriots against real NFL players. Not to mention Cassel's 2008 season when he started in replacement of Brady, when Cassel was going up against NFL defenses while Sanchez was playing against a shitty PAC-10 league.

Like GIFHorse said, it was time for MC to put up or shut up

No one disagreed that Cassel needed to step up this season. But he has. And still people on here are saying "he has tons more to prove". To prove he's a franchise QB? Of course. But Rivers hasn't proved that either, if being a franchise QB means winning a championship.

But Cassel is LIGHT fucking years better than Sanchez. And Sanchez doesn't look very much improved from last year. Terribly accuracy, terribly pocket presence. I still haven't figured out why so many Chief fans have such a hard on for him.

Saul Good
12-07-2010, 02:28 PM

I don't follow the logic. Shouldn't the younger player have the larger improvement? If age rather than experience is what correlates most closely to a QB's performance, Sanchez should be rising whiile Cassel plateaus.

stevieray
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't follow the logic.

because it's not logical, Captain.

DaneMcCloud
If I had the choice at this point in time, I'd chose neither. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd take Freeman over both, especially with the current coaching staff in place.

That said, Matt Cassel is a far different QB from 2008 and 2009. That's due to maturity but IMO, it's just as much Charlie Weis as any other factor. I can't even believe the progress he's made under Weis and to deny that is ridiculous.

Conversely, Sanchez has been tutored by Brian Schottenheimer, who is hardly in the same league as Charlie Weis. Had Weis tutored Sanchez this year instead of Cassel, it's likely (though not an absolute) that he'd have a turnaround this year as well.

As it stands, Cassel's progress has been far greater than Sanchez this year. Sanchez has better receivers, Cassel has a better running game but Cassel has turned in a better overall performance.

And furthermore, most people that follow the Jets realize that the blame for the offensive failures lie directly on the shoulders of Brian Schottenheimer, which make it all the more difficult to figure out why he's considered a head coaching candidate in 2011.

philfree

Like GIFHorse said, it was time for MC to put up or shut up. Sanchez has improved a lot from last year....and he'll continue to get better next year as well.

I think that it's extraodinary for a guy to ride the pine for seven years and then come off the bench and win 11 games. Two years later that guy has a QB rating in the upper 90s and still improving.

Sanchex played in a pro style offense in college and then went right to starting in the NFL. While leading a couple comebacks he's still struggling in his 2nd year as a starter. We'll what he does after he has over 30 starts.

:shrug:

Frosty
12-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Sanchex played in a pro style offense in college and then went right to starting in the NFL.

Sanchez only started one year in college, which is why a lot of people were down on him (Junior with only one year experience). A lot of people thought he should sit for a year rather than getting thrown out there.

Saul Good
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Sanchez only started one year in college, which is why a lot of people were down on him (Junior with only one year experience). A lot of people thought he should sit for a year rather than getting thrown out there.
I don't think lack of college playing time can be used to defend Sanchez against Cassel.

I've seen people use the "30 starts" rule to judge QBs. Both have recently surpassed that number (Sanchez actually might not quite be there yet, I'm not sure how many he started last season). It should be interesting to compare, as they have pretty comparable situations now.

Frosty
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't think lack of college playing time can be used to defend Sanchez against Cassel.

Who's defending Sanchez against Cassel? Phil made it sound like Sanchez should have been more ready because he played a pro style offense in college. I was just commenting that Sanchez didn't start many games, so it might take him a while to adjust to the NFL. I wasn't talking about Cassel at all.

I've seen the "30 (or whatever it is) starts" stat thrown around for QBs before but I don't know if it takes into consideration how much they played in college and what kind of offense they played in. I would think Cassel (and, to a lesser extent, Sanchez) would be way behind that curve due to the lack of college experience. We are basically in Cassel's senior year of college at this point.

Hootie
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
If I had the choice at this point in time, I'd chose neither. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd take Freeman over both, especially with the current coaching staff in place.

That said, Matt Cassel is a far different QB from 2008 and 2009. That's due to maturity but IMO, it's just as much Charlie Weis as any other factor. I can't even believe the progress he's made under Weis and to deny that is ridiculous.

Conversely, Sanchez has been tutored by Brian Schottenheimer, who is hardly in the same league as Charlie Weis. Had Weis tutored Sanchez this year instead of Cassel, it's likely (though not an absolute) that he'd have a turnaround this year as well.

As it stands, Cassel's progress has been far greater than Sanchez this year. Sanchez has better receivers, Cassel has a better running game but Cassel has turned in a better overall performance.

And furthermore, most people that follow the Jets realize that the blame for the offensive failures lie directly on the shoulders of Brian Schottenheimer, which make it all the more difficult to figure out why he's considered a head coaching candidate in 2011.

That's rich...

blame the offensive coordinator.

I blame Sanchez.

He's ... AWFUL.

Brock
12-07-2010, 03:33 PM
That's rich...

I blame Sanchez.

He's ... AWFUL.

He's inconsistent. He has been pretty good at times.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
That's rich...

I blame Sanchez.

He's ... AWFUL.

NostraDrunkass strikes again.

Frosty
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
It's really too bad that there is so much ego and butt hurt tied up in this subject.

Hootie
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
He's inconsistent. He has been pretty good at times.

lets be realistic

if Cassel looked at all like Sanchez this whole board would still hate Cassel

Instead, Cassel has figured it out (or so it seems) and now we have a legit super bowl contending team.

no one saw it coming

suddenly we're a top tier AFC team that is only going to get better

I'm enjoying the season, and enjoying the reclamation of the board from the idiot drafturbators...who will never again be able to do what they did last offseason.

They lost all of their credibility and it's awesome. Truly fun stuff.

Hootie
12-07-2010, 03:41 PM
if we beat San Diego this weekend (I'd say we have a 50/50 shot)...and Cassel plays good...

this team is going to go into the playoffs and Vegas is going to have them in the middle of the pack for Super Bowl odds...

that's incredible

Chiefs with a 3 seed would be 9:1 and a 2 seed 7:1...the favorites will be New England at 3:1 or so...

this is the year to steal a Super Bowl...it could happen

and it's funny the dane's and hamas' still can't enjoy the season because they're too sad Pioli > they are

they wanted Pioli to fail, they didn't want him to succeed

shit

when was the last time Mecca posted?

hahahaha

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Let' see...

One QB has had almost a dream team assembled around him, and still looks like about an average QB....or even less...

The other QB has a less than ideal team around him...No where near the salary $$$ or talent and is having a better season....

Hmmm....

I will choose Matty.

|Zach|
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
when was the last time Mecca posted?

His lack of posting has been a welcome development.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Sanchez gets an OC excuse?

Okay, but why weren't people willing to give Cassel the OC excuse last year? Especially when he also had a QB coach excuse, poor OL excuse, revolving Dwayne Bowe excuse, drops excuse, Larry Johnson excuse?

|Zach|
12-07-2010, 03:45 PM

Okay, but why weren't people willing to give Cassel the OC excuse last year? Especially when he also had a QB coach excuse, poor OL excuse, revolving Dwayne Bowe excuse, drops excuse, Larry Johnson excuse?
Yes, I mean shit we fired our OC and threw out the playbook right before the season.

That is a big deal.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, I mean shit we fired our OC and threw out the playbook right before the season.

That is a big deal.

Bullshit. Cassel is 54 and sat behind Unitas, Staubach, Montana, and then Brady. That shit has to count for something.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Shoulda been a public poll so we could see who the current 25 morons are

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 03:51 PM
And could easily be some third stringer or out of the league like Akili Smith. Age is really irrelevant. I'd rather get 7 more solid seasons from Cassel than 10 shit ones from Sanchez.

That's a always a possibility. Of course Akili Smith never had as much success as Sanchez already has. Also Cassel could be a backup in a couple years also. But I'm rooting for Cassel. I'm just saying I probably would have went with Sanchez in 09. I'll be glad if I'm wrong. Steve DeBerg had one good year too. Very similar to Cassel.

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 03:52 PM

Thats what I can't figure out....The only thing conclusion I have been able to come to in this regard is that there are a LOT of simple minded people. They get mad, they want to blame something...and rather than taking a complex issue and looking at all the variables...They just latch on to one thing so that it is easier for their simple minds to have someone to blame..

keg in kc
12-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Instead, Cassel has figured it out (or so it seems) and now we have a legit super bowl contending team..Hyperbole much?

This is not a superbowl contending team. This is a middle of the pack squad that's taken advantage of an easy schedule to get on top of a weak division.

Now obviously that's a huge improvement over recent history and I think it's fair to say they're on their way up. But let's not get carried away. They are not one of the NFL's elite teams by any stretch. Hopefully another offseason will turn them into that.

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
lets be realistic......we have a legit super bowl contending team.

Umm....I know it is fun to get excited but we don't have that just yet.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
That's a always a possibility. Of course Akili Smith never had as much success as Sanchez already has. Also Cassel could be a backup in a couple years also. But I'm rooting for Cassel. I'm just saying I probably would have went with Sanchez in 09. I'll be glad if I'm wrong. Steve DeBerg had one good year too. Very similar to Cassel.

So far Sanchez hasn't even had that kinda year. He's looked like stir fired shit being bailed out be his defense. When that doesn't happen, you get what you got last night.

Hootie
12-07-2010, 03:55 PM
how are we a middle of the pack squad?

we're getting pro bowl caliber play out of our QB now, we have the best RB in the NFL, a top tier WR, a good offensive line...and an above average defense with playmaking ability...and a top notch coaching staff....

and we're getting better as the season progresses...

we're not a middle of the pack team

that is ignorant

philfree
12-07-2010, 03:57 PM

I always saw that as a detractor but Cassel didn't start any. I'm gonna say that NFL wise Cassel is just what he is. A year ahead of Sanchex. Sanchex still has time to improve of course but right now Cassel is the better QB. The question about Sanchex is will all the pressure of winning it all this year ruin him. He took a step back last night and very many more games like that and he could be seriously scarred.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 04:00 PM
So far Sanchez hasn't even had that kinda year. He's looked like stir fired shit being bailed out be his defense. When that doesn't happen, you get what you got last night.

How would you know?

You've already admitted that you don't go to sports bars, you don't attend NFL games, nor do you have the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Where do you get all of your knowledge and insight into teams like San Diego and the Jets?

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM

There were plenty of people here on Chiefsplanet that gave Cassel the benefit of the doubt, especially concerning the OC and personnel last year.

But, if you think that Brian Schottenheimer and Charlie Weis are equal in terms of their QB coaching and offensive playcalling, okay?

LMAO

Chiefnj2
12-07-2010, 04:10 PM
There were plenty of people here on Chiefsplanet that gave Cassel the benefit of the doubt, especially concerning the OC and personnel last year.

But, if you think that Brian Schottenheimer and Charlie Weis are equal in terms of their QB coaching and offensive playcalling, okay?

LMAO

You always create these strawman arguments. Where did I say Weis and Schott are equal?

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
You always create these strawman arguments. Where did I say Weis and Schott are equal?

How is it "my" argument when you're the one questioning the statement?

You're an obtuse New Jersey fucktard that LOVES to play these games.

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
This would be a better argument next season.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
How is it "my" argument when you're the one questioning the statement?

You're an obtuse New Jersey ****tard that LOVES to play these games.

Ah, here we go with the cursing because once again your ignorance has been put on display, by yourself.

I didn't question the statement that Weis is better than Schott. I accepted your statement as being true - if the OC is holding back an inexperienced QB's development, then why didn't that same standard apply to Cassel last year?

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Define Plenty....Certainly the majority of people who posted things were not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the so called 'silent majority' but that doesnt mean much when they don't post their thoughts, and onyl say so after the fact...

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Define Plenty....Certainly the majority of people who posted things were not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the so called 'silent majority' but that doesnt mean much when they don't post their thoughts, and onyl say so after the fact...

Don't get me wrong, I did not approve of the Cassel trade last year and I did not believe he had the ability to improve as much as he has since his last game of the 2009 season.

That said, there were plenty of people that "hoped" he'd improve, much like Trent Green of 2001 versus 2002, although for all the wrong reasons.

SAUTO
12-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, I did not approve of the Cassel trade last year and I did not believe he had the ability to improve as much as he has since his last game of the 2009 season.

That said, there were plenty of people that "hoped" he'd improve, much like Trent Green of 2001 versus 2002, although for all the wrong reasons.

what were the "right" reasons?

offensive continuity, wrs, line, coordinator..... those were the things i thought he needed to help him improve and all have been better this year.

thats helped him with his confidence and has contributed much to his improvement. he didnt trust any of those items IMO last year

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Perhaps...But silently hoping he will improve is not the same as giving him the benefit of the doubt when the vast majority of posts were people bashing him.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 04:55 PM
what were the "right" reasons?

offensive continuity, wrs, line, coordinator..... those were the things i thought he needed to help him improve and all have been better this year.

thats helped him with his confidence and has contributed much to his improvement. he didnt trust any of those items IMO last year

Trent Green was a master of the Coryell offense. He was a proven QB in the league with two previous teams. He had players that were new to the scheme and couldn't run the routes correctly, which resulted in 24 INT's his first season in Kansas City.

Matt Cassel had played exactly one season in the past eight. He came to Kansas City without the experience that Trent Green had in Washinton and St. Louis and he was not a master of the Earhardt/Perkins offense.

The comparison of Matt Cassel and Trent Green begins and ends with both having bad initial seasons in Kansas City. But there were completely different reasons as to why.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Perhaps...But silently hoping he will improve is not the same as giving him the benefit of the doubt when the vast majority of posts were people bashing him.

Silently? Look, I know you're a n00b and all but there were plenty of outspoken people last year stating that Matt Cassel would be a good QB, much like Trent Green, if given the chance, even though he performances on the field appeared otherwise.

philfree
12-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Trent Green was a master of the Coryell offense. He was a proven QB in the league with two previous teams. He had players that were new to the scheme and couldn't run the routes correctly, which resulted in 24 INT's his first season in Kansas City.

Matt Cassel had played exactly one season in the past eight. He came to Kansas City without the experience that Trent Green had in Washinton and St. Louis and he was not a master of the Earhardt/Perkins offense.

The comparison of Matt Cassel and Trent Green begins and ends with both having bad initial seasons in Kansas City. But there were completely different reasons as to why.

I wouldn't two carried away with that. Green started 15 games for the Skins in '98 and eight game for the Rams in 2000. I liked Trent Green as our QB but I'm not sure how proven he really was when he got to KC.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't two carried away with that. Green started 15 games for the Skins in '98 and eight game for the Rams in 2000. I liked Trent Green as our QB but I'm not sure how proven he really was when he got to KC.

Do we have to go through this again?

:shake:

Trent Green had played in ONE system his entire NFL career and was extremely accurate before he came to Kansas City. He signed a 4 year, $16 million dollar deal with the Rams in 1999 because he had proven himself to be an elite QB on a very poor football team (coincidentally, coached by Norv Turner).

Green was nothing less than awesome during the Rams preseason in 1999 and I don't think there were ANY questions about his ability, whatsoever.

SAUTO
12-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Trent Green had played in ONE system his entire NFL career and was extremely accurate before he came to Kansas City. He signed a 4 year, $16 million dollar deal with the Rams in 1999 because he had proven himself to be an elite QB on a very poor football team (coincidentally, coached by Norv Turner).

Green was nothing less than awesome during the Rams preseason in 1999 and I don't think there were ANY questions about his ability, whatsoever.

he played in 2 games in that preseason, both losses.

philfree
12-07-2010, 05:25 PM

He did know the offense when he arrived that is true. So what's your point between Green and Cassel?

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 05:26 PM

So?

Frosty
12-07-2010, 05:26 PM

Like preseason losses mean anything. IIRC, as a starter, he didn't miss a throw. Everyone was buzzing at how good he looked before he got hurt.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 05:28 PM
He did know the offense when he arrived that is true. So what's your point between Green and Cassel?

This:

Matt Cassel had played exactly one season in the past eight. He came to Kansas City without the experience that Trent Green had in Washington and St. Louis and he was not a master of the Earhardt/Perkins offense.

SAUTO
12-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Like preseason losses mean anything. IIRC, as a starter, he didn't miss a throw. Everyone was buzzing at how good he looked before he got hurt.

link to his stats?

Frosty
12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
link to his stats?

I didn't feel like taking much time to look it up but this (http://scottdo.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/green-injury-led-to-warners-success/) says he was 28 of 32 before the injury, though it doesn't mention yardage.

http://scottdo.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/green-and-warner1.jpg?w=450&h=320

philfree
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM

So a QB can prove he's an elite QB in just 15 games?

The truth is Green's performance in his 15 games at Washington is not to different than Cassel's 16 game performance in 2008 in NE.

That is each players 1st year as a starting QB.

They both had 11 ints with Green throwing 23 TDs to Cassel's 21.

Cassel threw for 3,693 yards while Green threw for 3,441.

Cassel had 327 completions on 516 attempts for 63.4% while Green had 278 completions on 509 attempts for 54.6%.

Cassel averaged 7.2 yard an attempt while Green averaged 6.8.

Cassel's rating was 89.4 while Green's was 81.8

Crazy stat is that Green had 13 fumbles compared to Cassel's 5.

Cassel's numbers came out a little better but he was on a better team.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
So a QB can prove he's an elite QB in just 15 games?

The truth is Green's performance in his 15 games at Washington is not to different than Cassel's 16 game performance in 2008 in NE.

That is each players 1st year as a starting QB.

They both had 11 ints with Green throwing 23 TDs to Cassel's 21.

Cassel threw for 3,693 yards while Green threw for 3,441.

Cassel had 327 completions on 516 attempts for 63.4% while Green had 278 completions on 509 attempts for 54.6%.

Cassel averaged 7.2 yard an attempt while Green averaged 6.8.

Cassel's rating was 89.4 while Green's was 81.8

Crazy stat is that Green had 13 fumbles compared to Cassel's 5.

Cassel's numbers came out a little better but he was on a better team.

You Phil, you're wrong. I don't to fucking play game again but you're fucking WRONG.

Did you watch the Redskins in 1998? Did you see Trent Green in the shotgun? Or did you see Trent Green play behind center in FULL command of the offense? Furthermore, Green had an additional eight games in St. Louis AND he was traded for the #12 overall selection.

STATS DO NOT TELL THE ENTIRE STORY.

I'm fucking sick you fucking retards that look at stats on the internet come up with your dumbass conclusions.

USE YOUR EYES.

You know, the very same eyes that saw the "fire" in Aaron Curry's eyes in a Youtube clip.

ROFL

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Silently? Look, I know you're a n00b and all but there were plenty of outspoken people last year stating that Matt Cassel would be a good QB, much like Trent Green, if given the chance, even though he performances on the field appeared otherwise.

I'm not talking about 'last season before Matty took the job.' I just joined in April...I am talking about April and onward.

Just Passin' By
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Sanchez is basically the same shitty quarterback he was last year. Is he marginally better? Sure, but that'll happen almost by accident for most quarterbacks. He hasn't tossed his 8.3 QB rating game, yet, and that's about the only real difference. The guy's thrown an interception in 7 straight games. As lousy as he was last year, he only threw picks in 8 games total. He's got 4 games left, and he'd have to go without a pick from here forward to improve on that. Given that he's facing the Dolphins, Steelers, Bears and Bills to end the season, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that he won't make it.

philfree
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM
You Phil, you're wrong. I don't to ****ing play game again but you're ****ing WRONG.

Did you watch the Redskins in 1998? Did you see Trent Green in the shotgun? Or did you see Trent Green play behind center in FULL command of the offense? Furthermore, Green had an additional eight games in St. Louis AND he was traded for the #12 overall selection.

STATS DO NOT TELL THE ENTIRE STORY.

I'm ****ing sick you ****ing retards that look at stats on the internet come up with your dumbass conclusions.

USE YOUR EYES.

You know, the very same eyes that saw the "fire" in Aaron Curry's eyes in a Youtube clip.

ROFL

I did see him play at the Rams and he did play well. I never said they were exactly the same though. There are similarities to in each players coming to KC. And there is the fact that each player improved geatly from their 1st year as a Chiefs to their second. Some of the reasons for those thing are different no doubt.

So were you a Redskins fan in 1998 or did you go back and watch all of Green's games after he was traded for? Obviously you watched him play so which was it?

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Just out of curiousity Dane, Has Matt Cassel exceeded your expectations? Why do you have that quote in your sig? Is it because you disagree? Or is it because you now agree?

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I did see him play at the Rams and he did play well. I never said they were exactly the same though. There are similarities to in each players coming to KC. And there is the fact that each player improved geatly from their 1st year as a Chiefs to their second. Some of the reasons for those thing are different no doubt.

So were you a Redskins fan in 1998 or did you go back and watch all of Green's games after he was traded for? Obviously you watched him play so which was it?

This has been discussed in the past. But FTR, I spent every Sunday at a local sports bar from 1993-2002. I watched every NFL game available and often watched the Redskins.

Everything I've stated, I've stated before and my observations about Trent Green and the Redskins were confirmed by Keg, who was living in Virginia at the time and saw the same exact things that I saw.

The Franchise
12-07-2010, 06:19 PM

ROFL

God that was awesome. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Just out of curiousity Dane, Has Matt Cassel exceeded your expectations? Why do you have that quote in your sig? Is it because you disagree? Or is it because you now agree?

Has Cassel exceeded my initial expectations?

No.

Trading a valuable draft choice (#36 overall) coupled with passing on Freeman and Sanchez, along with nearly $30 million in guaranteed money should have produced a better 2009 QB and a better 2010 QB.

Cassel's stats have improved this season but he still hasn't shown the ability to put the team on his shoulders and win a game. He hasn't proven that he's "Elite" nor has he proven that he's a Franchise QB.

He still has at least four games this year to make that happen but until he is directly responsible for beating a solid football team, he won't have met MY expectations for a guy that's been paid to be elite.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM

Phil's a good dude but that particular post was IMO, THE post of 2009.

Pure gold.

:D

The Franchise
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
This game against the Chargers is going to show what kind of QB Cassel really is.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Ha, ha "passing on Freeman". Freeman was universally hated on this board.

DBOSHO
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Cassel will make me a believer if he can play well against san diego.

philfree
12-07-2010, 06:25 PM

I owned that and at the time it was funny and that's fine. The fact that you guys think it's some kind of awsome way to get under my skin shows what little twits you are though. It's like you guys are in 6th grade sometimes:shake:

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Who gives a fuck what anyone in this forum thinks about a draftee or draft choice before the draft?

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2010, 06:26 PM
He still has at least four games this year to make that happen but until he is directly responsible for beating a solid football team, he won't have met MY expectations for a guy that's been paid to be elite.

What do you mean by "directly responsible" ?

SAUTO
12-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I didn't feel like taking much time to look it up but this (http://scottdo.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/green-injury-led-to-warners-success/) says he was 28 of 32 before the injury, though it doesn't mention yardage.

http://scottdo.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/green-and-warner1.jpg?w=450&h=320

Lol he had a couple of good games. Does that make him elite?

Basically I'm saying that hewasn't proven. And he wasn't.

And no matter what there ARE similarities between the two in respect to their first seasons in kansas city.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I owned that and at the time it was funny and that's fine. The fact that you guys think it's some kind of awsome way to get under my skin shows what little twits you are though. It's like you guys are in 6th grade sometimes:shake:

Phil, I didn't use it to get under your skin, I used it because it was an awesome quote.

It was funny, Dude. Come on, you have to see the comedy there, right?

stevieray
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
This game against the Chargers is going to show what kind of QB Cassel really is.

this could get good...I smell crow pie being put in the oven.

I guess last night showed what kind of QB Sanchez is...

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Lol he had a couple of good games. Does that make him elite?

Basically I'm saying that hewasn't proven. And he wasn't.

And no matter what there ARE similarities between the two in respect to their first seasons in kansas city.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're not saying SHIT, Jason.

You're playing your usual stupid game of making everyone else prove a point that's already been proven "Link to stats, please".

Do you know what that says? It says you're clueless. It says that you don't know a fucking thing about what occurred on the field in 1998, Preseason 1999 or 2000. You're basing it on internet stats, not on actually seeing him play or first hand knowledge.

It's a dumb game and you lose.

Basileus777
12-07-2010, 06:30 PM

The whole board would have imploded if we had taken Freeman #3 overall or traded back into the first round to take him.

Hindsight is nice and all, but things like taking Freeman or Matthews weren't really in the cards based on where we were drafting.

The Franchise

this could get good...

What?

It will to me. If he can come out and perform like he has been.....he'll earn a hell of a lot more respect from me.

SAUTO
Who gives a fuck what anyone in this forum thinks about a draftee or draft choice before the draft?

Lol this is almost as funny as phils intense eyes youtube quote. Well nothing may top that.

But for all the drama before and after the draft, hell all year long around here, this is funny coming from you old buddy. Big smiley.
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
12-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Phil, I didn't use it to get under your skin, I used it because it was an awesome quote.

It was funny, Dude. Come on, you have to see the comedy there, right?

I owned it:shrug: I knew when I did it I'd get some grief.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2010, 06:31 PM

this could get good...

You don't agree?

If we see Cassel play an excellent game, I think it'll go a long way in his development and for the Chiefs in the playoffs.

If he reverts to his early 2010 form, it'll show that he still has a ways to go.

If he shits the bed, it'll be a major bummer.

Whatever the case, it'll be a good indicator of where he currently stands.