PDA

View Full Version : Football Did I hear that right?

luv
12-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Players getting fined for helmet to helmet whenever there were no penalties on the plays involved? If I heard that right, how is that possible? And what does that say about refs?

SDChiefs
12-07-2010, 01:36 AM
That the refs are incompetent and the nfl knows it.

googlegoogle
12-07-2010, 01:36 AM
there should be a flag.

CrazyPhuD
12-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Well the NFL does have the touch don't tackle rule. So if you tackle instead of using both hands expect the fine.

kysirsoze
12-07-2010, 01:45 AM
There is going to be human error in games. That doesn't mean guilty parties shouldn't still get fines/suspensions where deserved.

BossChief
12-07-2010, 01:59 AM
There is going to be human error in games. That doesn't mean guilty parties shouldn't still get fines/suspensions where deserved.

yup, the refs cant see everything. The league wants to make it a safer game for players while keeping the violence in the game...what they are doing is being done the right way IMO.

HotRoute
12-07-2010, 02:16 AM

I think that the refs should have to face some type of fine and/or discipline for missing a call or calling something that is BS. This way the refs will be more apt to making the correct call. Granted the fine would be much less, it would still seem as if the NFL were looking at both sides and not just the players

ClevelandBronco
12-07-2010, 02:18 AM

Yes.

yup, the refs cant see everything. The league wants to make it a safer game for players while keeping the violence in the game...what they are doing is being done the right way IMO.

Yes.

I think that the refs should have to face some type of fine and/or discipline for missing a call or calling something that is BS. This way the refs will be more apt to making the correct call. Granted the fine would be much less, it would still seem as if the NFL were looking at both sides and not just the players

Oh, hell no.

Zaiko
12-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Refs miss some calls... hey, at least this isn't college basketball where the refs frequently decide the game.

nicelife2010
12-07-2010, 02:49 AM
that's might be good thing for sure

Slayer Diablo
12-07-2010, 03:03 AM

Hmm...I guess, too an extent, you could equate bad/missed calls to a cubicle-/office-dweller screwing up a report or pissing off a client. OTOH, they're not as replaceable as cogs...I mean, how many people do you really see lining up or searching to be refs? Nah, the majority go for something more stable, which brings up another matter...the refs are all under annual contracts. I'm sure the NFL could eject them from the season and refuse to hire them back if a ref is deemed to be that bad.

Slainte
12-07-2010, 03:28 AM
that's might be good thing for sure

Banned already, huh?

Crush
12-07-2010, 03:42 AM
The last thing I want is some anxious ref on the field that is constantly worried about making the right call. The zebras are incompetent as it is. If the NFL started punishing them for bad calls, the game would quickly become unwatchable.

Would you give a handgun to an incredibly anxious and fidgeting person? Fuck no. So, why would you trust that same emotionally unstable person with a whistle and some yellow flags?

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Well the NFL does have the touch don't tackle rule. So if you tackle instead of using both hands expect the fine.Yeah dude, concussions are awesome.

Demonpenz
12-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Concussions are really awesome if you use the term awesome correctly.

Crush
12-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Concussions are really awesome if you use the term awesome correctly.

Exhibit A: Awesome Aric

salame
12-07-2010, 04:44 AM
a lot of rushbackers commit helmet to helmet hits

JD10367
12-07-2010, 07:34 AM
That Raven got fined forty grand for the hit the other night and, frankly, I don't even think that hit was illegal. He was going over the top of the guy, so it looks like he tried to shift his aim at the last moment. His helmet didn't even seem to do most of the damage; it looked like the Steeler got his head bent backwards by the guy's shoulder. An unlucky play? Sure. An illegal fine-able hit? Bullshit. You're trying to civilize a sport which is only one notch above boxing for brutality. If they keep this shit up, it's going to turn into flag football pretty soon.