PDA

View Full Version : Football Denver's next coach, vision moving forward...

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Ok, first off - I applaud the firing of Josh. The guy is a smart football guy, but he was incredibly ill prepared and not mature enough to jump in and run a team. That has been proven with nearly every decision that he (and Xanders) has made in the last two years.

I won't rehash all that has happened - everyone knows. But, my hope is that Bowlen realizes that pairing up an inexperienced GM and HC was a failed experiment. I don't know what his plans are for Elway - maybe they don't have anything in mind, other than Elway having some 'figurehead' role as an advisor to appease the fan base and show some sort of good faith of things moving back towards a positive direction.

The main problem with this team since 2006 has been an identity - on offense and defense, specifically defense. They have churned so many coaches, players and styles on defense that there's no wonder why the defense has been so sporadic and inconsistent.

Have they made some good moves and nice draft picks - sure, but they don't have a consistent PHILOSOPHY on defense that creates a foundation to build on during the season and from year to year. That needs to be the ultimate focus when hiring the new coach.

Hopefully, Xanders is removed as GM. Maybe they bring Elway on board to help Pat make decisions on hiring the new GM. Set that part of the house in order first, then work with that GM on hiring the new coach.

My desire would be a head coach with a sound defensive background - someone that will hire a STRONG DC and a STRONG OC.

There are nice pieces in place on defense, but if Bailey moves on (which I wouldn't blame him for doing so), they have huge holes to fill. Get the Defense/ST in order via FA and the draft.

Offensively, there's nothing wrong with Orton and the WRs - they're not flashy names, but that's fine - they've produced well. Bring in a rookie RB or cheaper FA to push Moreno and provide a nice balance. Bring in a nice pass catching TE to help open up the offense.

I don't know if Calhoun is the guy... or if someone like Rivera is a realistic option or not. I doubt MIN lets Frasier go, but give him a look if available.

I know that many will say the names of Gruden (because of history and Tebow), Cowher, etc... but, I don't know that a big name is what they need. I don't care about the $ paid to coaches - they'll do what they have/need to do at HC.

There is a good deal of talent on this team - laugh at that comment all you like, but they have nice talent. McDaniels traded away a lot of talent and failed to use the talent he has effectively.

I'm very happy right now - I feared they would 'wait and see', but that's not the case. Hopefully, they'll be smarter this time around and really focus at building the right foundation in the front office that will filter down to better philosophies on both sides of the ball.

Bane
12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/fendvr.jpg

Donger
12-07-2010, 08:45 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/fendvr.jpg

Smilin' Troy

cdcox
12-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I won't rehash all that has happened - everyone knows.

But Uncle Mile High! We love that story! Please tell it again. PLLLEEEAAASSEEE?

Sofa King
12-07-2010, 08:49 AM
man, i hate the fucking broncos...

Mile High Mania

Kids, I'd love to ... but your mom asked me to stop telling you nightmares before you go to bed. Let's talk about the time Denver won two titles... that was such a better time.

Bane

Ok so basically..........

http://i56.tinypic.com/2cdzi35.jpg

And.....

http://i54.tinypic.com/2dl3h2b.jpg

stevieray
12-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Kids, I'd love to ... but your mom asked me to stop telling you nightmares before you go to bed. Let's talk about the time Denver won two titles... that was such a better time.
( the asterik...the gift that keeps on giving!)

Merry Christmas!

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 08:57 AM
"Yes, kids it was a short... yet truly horrible time in Denver history. However, the franchise will surely rise in short order, like a phoenix from the ashes, to once again be a stable force across the NFL. And, it all begins... at the University of Phoenix Stadium."

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKNPiMYaJyGEIZrZSSMJW5gG1ZlLrWUT71fokzgLU5TZ5xQoQKjQ

Ok, so the last line was corny, but it fits... :drool:

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
( the asterik...the gift that keeps on giving!)

Merry Christmas!

I was looking through various sites and never found an * ... weird.

cmh6476
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
who would want to step into that situation with as far as McDaniels set them back? :o

Bane
12-07-2010, 09:01 AM
who would want to step into that situation with as far as McDaniels set them back? :o

I can think of 5-7 million reasons why someone would,but Al Davis Jr (McBowlen) wont get off with trying to fix that mess for 3 mil a year.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Please - it's the NFL, there are a lot of quality guys looking for that next promotion and it's not as bad as some of you would like to imply. Hell, it is certainly no worse than KC was a few years ago.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I can think of 5-7 million reasons why someone would,but Al Davis Jr (McBowlen) wont get off with trying to fix that mess for 3 mil a year.

I think the $ paid to HC's is overblown ... sure, it might suck for him, but it's less than a fraction of 1% of the overall expenses in running a team.

Bane
12-07-2010, 09:07 AM
I think the $ paid to HC's is overblown ... sure, it might suck for him, but it's less than a fraction of 1% of the overall expenses in running a team.

Yeah but sometimes you get what you pay for.Then sometimes you get a punk who has no clue WTF he is doing and it makes you the laughing stock of professional sports.Maybe all of the media attention will remind the rest of the country that there is a football team in Dungver,and some poor broke dick SOB will save you from the hell fires that McCamera put you in.

Rams Fan
12-07-2010, 09:09 AM
"Yes, kids it was a short... yet truly horrible time in Denver history. However, the franchise will surely rise in short order, like a phoenix from the ashes, to once again be a stable force across the NFL. And, it all begins... at the University of Phoenix Stadium."

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKNPiMYaJyGEIZrZSSMJW5gG1ZlLrWUT71fokzgLU5TZ5xQoQKjQ

Ok, so the last line was corny, but it fits... :drool:

I don't think beating a team that is starting their 3rd QB of the season is something to be proud of.

stevieray
12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I was looking through various sites and never found an * ... weird.
...you can't see it with homer glasses on...Happy Holidays!

Jimhoopie
12-07-2010, 09:20 AM
What are Broncos fans doing on here? I hope you guys feel good about Cutler in the playoffs and using a first round pick on Tebow. They ripped apart the team that Shannahan was building only to fire the guy after just a little over a year. Time to start over again. I think Bowlen is an idiot.

loochy
12-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't think beating a team that is starting their 3rd QB of the season is something to be proud of.

Well it's a hell of a lot better than losing to a team that is starting their 3rd QB of the season.

Bane
12-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh and STAY DOWN BITCH!

The Bad Guy
12-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Talent on the roster? Where?

You have a nice offensive line, but that's about it.

The secondary is past it's prime, the linebackers are pretty much trash, the defensive line needs to be overhauled...again.

The 3 receivers are nice, but they are scheme specific. Gaffney and Lloyd likely won't enjoy the same success. Running back is OK if he can stay healthy.

McKid ruined that team far worse than Herman Edwards ruined the Chiefs and that's really saying something.

Bane
12-07-2010, 09:35 AM

The secondary is past it's prime, the linebackers are pretty much trash, the defensive line needs to be overhauled...again.

The 3 receivers are nice, but they are scheme specific. Gaffney and Lloyd likely won't enjoy the same success. Running back is OK if he can stay healthy.

McKid ruined that team far worse than Herman Edwards ruined the Chiefs and that's really saying something.

But but but CP dumb asses say that their roster is running over with talent and a good HC can have them in the playoffs next year...LMAOLMAOLMAO

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 09:41 AM
But but but CP dumb asses say that their roster is running over with talent and a good HC can have them in the playoffs next year...LMAOLMAOLMAO

I never said "running over with talent"... I'm simply saying the cupboard is far from bare.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 09:41 AM

I merely refer to that game as the first game in the post McDumba$$ error... moving on.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 09:43 AM

McDaniels and Xanders certainly did more bad than good... and I've never said they were littered with pro bowlers. However, I wouldn't put them at the bottom of the league in talent. We'll differ on that one I'm sure, and that's fine.

Bewbies
12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
First things first, you're going to be looking for someone who's cool with cheating. After that the douchebag in him must be clearly seen by all.

Pete Carroll was your guy, maybe you can lure him from Seattle?

Bane
12-07-2010, 09:47 AM
I never said "running over with talent"... I'm simply saying the cupboard is far from bare.

I'm talking about our own CP dumbasses man.You know,the same ones that wanted McDipshit over Haley.They were loving all over mcDipshits junk is the he's fired thread. Sickening.....

Bewbies
12-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm talking about our own CP dumbasses man.You know,the same ones that wanted McDipshit over Haley.They were loving all over mcDipshits junk is the he's fired thread. Sickening.....

Can't stand McDouche, but when Orton and those scrub ass WR's come back to earth next year people just might notice that the guy is a pretty smart offensive mind.

B_Ambuehl
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
But McDouche impressed EVERYONE in with his concepts about putting together and coaching a team. Listen to what Schefter, Lombardi and all those guys said about him when he got hired. "He's catching a lot of heat right now, but someone who really knows football said he could be one of the best ever."

Part of the reason why this kind of shit repeatedly happens is because owners don't know football and get impressed by agents, media, and academic bullshit that sounds good on paper. Guys like mcDouche and pioli come in with all these elaborate academic plans on building and coaching a team and it blows non-football people away. This is a good article on the subject:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c5ca2b/article/in-retrospect-childress-hiring-was-political-machine-at-work

Most owners and executives in the NFL will choose to ignore sensitive questions, rather believing the political machine's propaganda. In the case of the league, the political machine consists of writers and coaches' agents who can put the right spin on the candidate, along with keeping the campaign booming. Another part of the political machine consists of endorsements from people in the league -- which always amazes me.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Guys like McDaniels are always going to be given the benefit of the doubt when they take that HC gig because of the upside. I get it... but, much like the experts being wrong on draft day, they can be wrong with coaches.

Dave Lane
12-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Here's your man. Defensive track record, drafts pretty well with help, knows the AFC West, good minority hire, could bring in a crack cadre of assistants, Jimmy Raye, Greg Robinson, Dick Curl.

You guys would be set for 5-10 years if you just gave it a chance.

dirk digler
12-07-2010, 10:11 AM
MHM do you think the new coach will get the same production out of Orton and his WR's than McDaniels?

threebag
12-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Maybe Thannan Tharpe can come back to the front office too.

Thannon Tharpe----Translator

Crush
12-07-2010, 10:49 AM
It is going to be Jeff Fisher. It is your destiny.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Maybe Thannan Tharpe can come back to the front office too.

Thannon Tharpe----Translator

It's impossible to answer until you know who the HC and staff will be next year. Do I think that Josh McDaniels is the only person in the free world with the ability to make Orton and those WRs productive?

No.

How much more productive could that offense had been with a TE like Scheffler and a RB Duo of Moreno/Hillis?

boogblaster
12-07-2010, 11:10 AM
In truth .. your DL DB OL and Moreno is all you have ... plus your owner is a dumb fuk .......

Bane
12-07-2010, 11:14 AM
In truth .. your DL DB OL and Moreno is all you have ... plus your owner is a dumb fuk .......

Hopefully they'll bring Lane Kiffin in as HC.LMAO

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Ok, ok ... didn't realize it was so bad. Thanks! :thumb:

Bane
12-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Donks next 3-4 years =

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjHVqVB7slE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjHVqVB7slE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Red Dawg
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM

It's not that bad there player wise. Josh is just ashit coach and so are his other coaches and GM.

philfree
12-07-2010, 01:21 PM
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/philfree/nfl/th_untitled.jpg?t=1291749648

DaWolf
12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Wade Phillips is available...

jd1020
12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Wade Phillips is available...

Funny thing is that a "STRONG OC and STRONG DC" would be McDaniels and Phillips. They just arent ready for the coaching position.

Bane
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Funny thing is that a "STRONG OC and STRONG DC" would be McDaniels and Phillips. They just arent ready for the coaching position.

Hey guys let's do this shit /Herm
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
12-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Dave Wannstedt is now available.

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
:LOL:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5896191&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
:LOL:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5896191&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Ha - there is absolutely no way. I would be in a long line of Broncos' fans boycotting 2011.

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Ha - there is absolutely no way. I would be in a long line of Broncos' fans boycotting 2011.

An opposing fan can dream though.Honestly I look for Bowlen to do his homework this time and make a good choice,but I will pry for Lane Kiffin.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:21 PM
An opposing fan can dream though.

Heh - I hear you.

Hopefully, this will be similar to the last time Denver had a bad coaching hire - not many think of Wade Phillips and his 2 years in Denver. In time, this too shall pass...

As long as they don't go on a spare hiring binge like KC went through, I can forgive them for this horrible error.

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Heh - I hear you.

Hopefully, this will be similar to the last time Denver had a bad coaching hire - not many think of Wade Phillips and his 2 years in Denver. In time, this too shall pass...

As long as they don't go on a spare hiring binge like KC went through, I can forgive them for this horrible error.

No doubt,but hopefully we're done with that shit for a while.Well either way good luck,but not really.You know the drill.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:27 PM
So, how many other teams do you guys think will part ways with their current head coach this year?

Will Cincy finally can Marvin?
Sounds like the Titans may bid farewell to Fisher.
Rumor has it that Kubiak may be on borrowed time in Houston.
Does Norv survive if the Chargers miss the playoffs?
How about John Fox in Carolina?
Will SanFran say adios to Singletary?

Childress, Phillips and McDaniels are already out.

I'll take a few of those guys as OC or DC candidates, but none as a HC... the potential of Kubiak being available scares me a bit, but surely Bowlen won't go there... ok, maybe he would, and don't call me Shirley.

Garcia Bronco
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM

Bowlen is worth 500 million. He won't miss a meal

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Bowlen is worth 500 million. He won't miss a meal

That's all?STAY DOWN BITCH.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Enh, who knows the real number really... I'm sure he has all sorts of real estate, ventures, etc - how could one really know the number without him telling it?

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Enh, who knows the real number really... I'm sure he has all sorts of real estate, ventures, etc - how could one really know the number without him telling it?

That seems kind low seeing as Clark Hunt's net worth is hovering around 2.5 Billion.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:33 PM
That seems kind low seeing as Clark Hunt's net worth is hovering around 2.5 Billion.

Again - who really knows?

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:34 PM
So, how many other teams do you guys think will part ways with their current head coach this year?

I'll take a few of those guys as OC or DC candidates, but none as a HC... the potential of Kubiak being available scares me a bit, but surely Bowlen won't go there... ok, maybe he would, and don't call me Shirley.

Will Cincy finally can Marvin? Gone IMO.
Sounds like the Titans may bid farewell to Fisher.I think he's safe.
Rumor has it that Kubiak may be on borrowed time in Houston.1 more year
Does Norv survive if the Chargers miss the playoffs?DONE SON!
How about John Fox in Carolina?Done.
Will SanFran say adios to Singletary?GTFO! BWAAA HAAA HAAAAA

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I think I agree with you - that's a lot of potential turnover. Should be some interesting hires...

vailpass
12-07-2010, 04:37 PM

All that money can't buy him a SB ring. Must be frustrating. Although it did damn near corner the silver market.

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:40 PM
All that money can't buy him a SB ring. Must be frustrating. Although it did damn near corner the silver market.

Yeah I hear ya,but the thing is I don't need a SB to be a fan.I'd love to see it happen but it is what it is.I do remember being like most Dungver fans when I was a kid.I'd tune in every season thinking our team was the best and we had a shot at the SB every year.Keep your head up kid.:thumb:

MahiMike
Maybe you can get Shanahan?

vailpass
Yeah I hear ya,but the thing is I don't need a SB to be a fan.I'd love to see it happen but it is what it is.I do however remember being like most Dungver fans when I was a kid.I'd tune in every season thinking our team was the best and we had a shot at the SB every year.Keep your head up kid.:thumb:

That's what it's all about.

MahiMike
But seriously folks...

What will become of Tebow now?

Garcia Bronco
12-07-2010, 04:43 PM
But seriously folks...

What will become of Tebow now?

That's the question. He can play NFL ball now, but I would like to see him learn for a few years first like most of the good performers out there today: Rivers, Rodgers, and so on.

MahiMike
12-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Walking dead:

John Fox
Marvin Lewis
Mike Singletary
Jeff Fisher
Del Rio (I can wish)
Goonther (if Detroit is smart)

Garcia Bronco
12-07-2010, 04:44 PM

LOL Go Chiefs

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:44 PM
That's what it's all about.

Maybe for you it is,but I enjoy watching the game itself.I will be no bigger of a fan if they win a SB,and to me that's being a fan of the SB vs an actual football fan.Take it however you want to but I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan from start to finish,good or bad.Not a Lombardi trophy or twatter fan.

Garcia Bronco
12-07-2010, 04:45 PM

That's his personal worth. That doesn't include the Broncos.

MahiMike
12-07-2010, 04:45 PM
That's the question. He can play NFL ball now, but I would like to see him learn for a few years first like most of the good performers out there today: Rivers, Rodgers, and so on.

If I was the interim coach, I'd play the rest of the season like preseason. Basically try out every guy on the team down to 3rd stringers to see whatcha got. I'd split halves between Tebow and Quinn.

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:46 PM
That's his personal worth. That doesn't include the Broncos.

Oh so 501 million.ROFL
STAY DOWN BITCH.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:46 PM
SB or bust, I'm a fan ... hell I fought through the 0-3 stretch in the 80s. I want a consistent winning tradition - SBs are nice, but would still be a fan today without them.

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
SB or bust, I'm a fan ... hell I fought through the 0-3 stretch in the 80s. I want a consistent winning tradition - SBs are nice, but would still be a fan today without them.

Well by Vailpass's opinion that means Dungver has had 2 successful seasons in their history.KC has had 1. So the Donks are 1 season better than KC.I can accept that and still be a fan.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Well by Vailpass's opinion that means Dungver has has 2 successful seasons in their history.KC has had 1. So the Donks are 1 season better than KC.I can accept that and still be a fan.

Enh, I dunno if that's where he was going or not. Fans that have a SB or Bust mentality are setting themselves up for failure more often than not and I couldn't imagine going through that every year.

MOhillbilly
12-07-2010, 04:49 PM
please,please, dont let it be my guy. Please!

Demonpenz
12-07-2010, 04:51 PM
dumerville's name hasn't been heard from. How is his rehab?

Bane
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
It's a process.
http://i55.tinypic.com/9pxtgx.jpg

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM

I haven't seen anything lately, but I think he's on schedule and doing fine.

Stewie
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
MHM. It sounds like you want what the Chiefs have finally built... sans a couple players on each side of the ball.

Awesome Aric
12-07-2010, 05:00 PM
They shouldn't have made McD responsible for player personnel

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE YOUR COACH DO HIS COACHING JOB INSTEAD OF PUTTING HIM IN CHARGE OF PLAYER PERSONNEL.

Josh is not a talent guy. He is a gameplan guy. And then his gameplan turned into "hurr durr i will use bad players in order to prove i am smart, then trade all our good players away"

Dude completely ruined my football team for years to come.

Ebolapox
12-07-2010, 05:04 PM

well, it got his pops a ring when they were a lot cheaper. I hope clark gets his own by the time I'm old and grey, but I'm not counting on it.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 05:31 PM
MHM. It sounds like you want what the Chiefs have finally built... sans a couple players on each side of the ball.

Not exactly, I want what every NFL franchise should have in place... most of them do, yes KC is one of them it would appear now.

salame
12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
they should have hired a defensive minded coach

Mile High Mania
12-07-2010, 05:34 PM
they should have hired a defensive minded coach

Yes and hopefully that is what they do next.

Mile High Mania
12-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Good - sounds like Xanders will be replaced as well. I don't know which of those possible candidates is the best, but I'm interested in hearing more. I'm not paying much attention though to the HC thoughts on this link, outside of Rivera.

Hey - maybe Rivera could come on board with Wannstedt as DC and Kubiak as OC. Never would happen, but it's in line with what I would approve.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16803057

And, I like this direction... Elway would be more of a figure head/executive type, sure he may end up butting heads with Ellis and I'm not sure that's a bad thing if there is a strong GM in place. Those chips can fall where they may...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16803268

ChiTown
12-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Mike Stock would be a great replacement for McD. Best part, he is available!

Mile High Mania
12-08-2010, 08:39 AM
The only silver lining of the McD Error is that the last two short years may have put some sense back into the front office, and in time this could prove to be worth the wasted time during this hellish dark era in franchise history.

Kerberos
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM

I don't think Cleveland is having a garage sale on D-lineman this year.