PDA

View Full Version : Football Wind sprints...the downfall of McDaniels apparently

Huffman83
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101207_mcdaniels_got_into_argument_with_bailey_williams_before_firing

Before the Denver Broncos fired coach Josh McDaniels, he got into a confrontation with cornerback Champ Bailey(notes) and linebacker D.J. Williams(notes), CBS 4 in Denver is reporting.

A player told the television station that the argument was "heated and contentious," and involved wind sprints one day after the team lost to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Williams was a team captain until he was arrested for driving under the influence.

"Not exactly a mutiny," CBS reported. "But the player described it as very heated and contentious. Something about wind sprints."

Rain Man
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Williams is a mean drunk.

KCUnited
12-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Jogging after the ice truck to wind sprints? I'd be pissed too.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
This is what happens when you have a 34-year old head coach.

Players don't want to take a lot of shit from someone who's in their own peer group.

Nightfyre
12-07-2010, 06:34 PM

Players don't want to take a lot of shit from someone who's in their own peer group.

Bull shit.

salame
12-07-2010, 06:37 PM

don't tell that to Raheem Morris

Cheater5
12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Or John Madden back in 1969. Or John Gruden in 1998.

Competence and leadership ability have little to do with age.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2010, 08:05 PM

Of course you would know zero about leadership.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Or John Madden back in 1969. Or John Gruden in 1998.

Competence and leadership ability have little to do with age.

Winning makes a big difference.

Of course you would know zero about leadership.

I was editor-in-chief of my college newspaper, and all of my "subordinates" were older than me. I didn't get much respect.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Winning makes a big difference.

I was editor-in-chief of my college newspaper, and all of my "subordinates" were older than me. I didn't get much respect.

The Bucs weren't winning last year. Leadership has nothing to do with age. It just so happens that many leaders learn the hard lessons with experience, which comes with age.

I've seen amazing managers manage people twice their age. It works fine as long as you know how to handle people. Every time I saw McDaniels throw his bullshit sideline tirades, I knew he just didn't know how to motivate people.

Sassy Squatch
12-07-2010, 08:18 PM
The Bucs weren't winning last year. Leadership has nothing to do with age. It just so happens that many leaders learn the hard lessons with experience, which comes with age.

I've seen amazing managers manage people twice their age. It works fine as long as you know how to handle people. Every time I saw McDaniels throw his bullshit sideline tirades, I knew he just didn't know how to motivate people.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcrl7BPY-64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcrl7BPY-64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

NSFW

Hammock Parties
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM

I'm not saying age was the reason he failed. I'm saying it was the last straw.

When you're losing and the coach is full of shit, and he's younger than some of the players on the team....FAIL. It's human nature.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2010, 08:27 PM

When you're losing and the coach is full of shit, and he's younger than some of the players on the team....FAIL. It's human nature.

I definitely buy that. When you're younger, you have a lot more to prove. Though every time I saw Josh McDouche throw a sideline tirade (like the vid above), he always struck me as a guy trying really hard to be a badass he wasn't. It was almost like a Backstreet Boy trying to sing heavy metal.

Nightfyre
12-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Age has nothing to do with it. If you're full of shit, people know and don't respect you. Get real man.

CoMoChief
12-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Age has nothing to do with it. If you're full of shit, people know and don't respect you. Get real man.

well, age DOES have something to do with it, actually. whether you like it or not, it does....like what was said earlier, it's natural when you have players in your same age group (mostly).

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:04 PM

Aren't you the one that said Haley wished he were Josh McDaniels??????

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Haley doesn’t appear to like McDaniels. It’s not surprising, because the young head coach is everything Haley would like to be at this point. If you’ll recall, both entered the 2009 offseason as hot head-coaching candidates with impressive offensive resumes.

McDaniels, for all his blunders, has legitimized his reputation as a passing-game guru. He’s turned Kyle Orton into a fantastic pinpoint passer. The Broncos replaced Brandon Marshall with a receiver who has done nothing in the NFL – Brandon Lloyd – and suffered little dropoff. Lloyd leads the NFL in receiving.

This is why you should stop writing.

Hali was just quoted as saying that Haley had changed the culture. That guys pushed each other. That they believed in themselves and in Haley.

And you wrote that complete piece of shit above, and we actually had dumbasses that said it was spot on.

God damn this board has some serious ****tards.

Marcellus
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
This is why you should stop writing.

Hali was just quoted as saying that Haley had changed the culture. That guys pushed each other. That they believed in themselves and in Haley.

And you wrote that complete piece of shit above, and we actually had dumbasses that said it was spot on.

God damn this board has some serious ****tards.

Yea Clay is one extreme to another 1 week to the next. That's why it's hard to take his writing seriously. I hammered him for that column. It was pure shit.

He is just a fan writing columns and he gets too caught up in the moment and then he tries to be too controversial for attention alone.

I think CP has actually hurt is growth because he is a microcosm of this place. One extreme to another.

Like the people in the Denver game thread calling it season over every time KC made a mistake.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Yea Clay is one extreme to another 1 week to the next. That's why it's hard to take his writing seriously. I hammered him for that column. It was pure shit.

He is just a fan writing columns and he gets too caught up in the moment and then he tries to be too controversial for attention alone.

I think CP has actually hurt is growth because he is a microcosm of this place. One extreme to another.

Like the people in the Denver game thread calling it season over every time KC made a mistake.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have dip shits telling him that article was spot on.

Same dipshits that generally get shit wrong.

Sassy Squatch
12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have dip shits telling him that article was spot on.

Same dipshits that generally get shit wrong.
DaneMccloud musta really pissed you off, huh?

tk13
12-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I think it really helps Haley that he's surrounded by the cast he has. Pioli, Weis and Crennel know what they're doing in terms of professionalism. I don't know if that's what you need with a young coach, but it's not a bad idea. John Harbaugh has an all-star coaching staff. He's got Cam Cameron, Al Saunders, and Jim Zorn on his offensive coaching staff alone. Mike Tomlin's coordinators have a ton of experience.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:33 PM
DaneMccloud musta really pissed you off, huh?

I have no idea what Dane said about that piece of shit article I just remember thinking it was the biggest pile of horse shit I've ever read. And we had people left and right agreeing it was spot on. And it was about as wrong as wrong could get.

Sassy Squatch
12-07-2010, 09:35 PM
I have no idea what Dane said about that piece of shit article I just remember thinking it was the biggest pile of horse shit I've ever read. And we had people left and right agreeing it was spot on. And it was about as wrong as wrong could get.
You talking about the fraud article? If so, then "too long did not read"...

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
You talking about the fraud article? If so, then "too long did not read"...

I read it and laughed at what a complete pile of shit it was. I thought it was more like an Onion piece. I didn't take it serious. Then all of a sudden people were saying how true it was. Idiots.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
I think it really helps Haley that he's surrounded by the cast he has. Pioli, Weis and Crennel know what they're doing in terms of professionalism. I don't know if that's what you need with a young coach, but it's not a bad idea. John Harbaugh has an all-star coaching staff. He's got Cam Cameron, Al Saunders, and Jim Zorn on his offensive coaching staff alone. Mike Tomlin's coordinators have a ton of experience.

Yes and no. Thought Haley was asked to take on way too much for a young coach last year. I thought he did it the right way--kick their ass early, then back off. The players have to earn his respect and once they've earned it, he's got your back. You have to like that Haley admitted he needed an offensive coordinator and you've seen him back away from some of the tones that might have gotten a few players pissed off. Let's also not forget that McD had Mike Nolan and fired him.

I do think it hurt McD that he never had an experienced GM to guide him. There is no way a GM should have let him give up that much for Brady and Tebow. But in terms of lack of respect, that's all on McDaniels.

The_Doctor10
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM

And McDaniels ran off the best veteran NFL guy he had in Nolan; that probably didn't help things.

Sassy Squatch
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
And McDaniels ran off the best veteran NFL guy he had in Nolan; that probably didn't help things.
One thing no one can argue is that we have the vastly superior GM. Chiefs brought in Weis and Crennel, and Xanders lost Nolan, who I believe was one of the most important cogs in that teams framework.

CosmicPal
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes and no. Thought Haley was asked to take on way too much for a young coach last year. I thought he did it the right way--kick their ass early, then back off. The players have to earn his respect and once they've earned it, he's got your back. You have to like that Haley admitted he needed an offensive coordinator and you've seen him back away from some of the tones that might have gotten a few players pissed off. Let's also not forget that McD had Mike Nolan and fired him.

I do think it hurt McD that he never had an experienced GM to guide him. There is no way a GM should have let him give up that much for Brady and Tebow. But in terms of lack of respect, that's all on McDaniels.

Excellent post. :thumb:

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
People still aren't giving Haley enough credit. It's Haley they talk about when they say someone changed the culture. It's HAley they talk about when they say they push each other.

As zilla said, Haley came in and said "no bullshit" and went to work whipping asses. People bitched about the Brian Waters thing. How'd that work out? Yeah. Waters got in great shape this offseason, and while he's in the tail end of his career he's still playing solid.

I agree that the additions of Weis and Crennel were awesome, however we even had people complaining that Pioli didn't have a single original idea (OTVagPAth58 and Mecca). I don't give two shits about original ideas. I care about winning and those MF'ers know how to win.

Haley and Pioli have made a lot of MF'ers on this board looking stupid. Cassel is doing now too.

-King-
12-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I wonder how many more posts Mecca would have if we were 4-8 instead of 8-4.

He'd be competing with GoChiefs for 125,000.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I wonder how many more posts Mecca would have if we were 4-8 instead of 8-4.

He'd be competing with GoChiefs for 125,000.

Correct. After we beat the Steelers last year he didn't come around for two or more weeks.

I've said all along that Mecca is flat out NOT a Chiefs fan. Period. He's never even disputed it.