PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mellinger: Bad time to see Croyle

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Mellinger: Bad time to see Croyle (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/08/2507973/not-the-best-time-to-see-what.html)
SAM MELLINGER COMMENTARY

Remember this feeling. Remember every sinking part of it: the uncertainty, the worry, the thought that the Chiefs’ grip on the AFC West may be slipping because Matt Cassel’s appendix acts up now.

Because it’s not too long ago that a lot of us — me included — saw Cassel as the guy who’d keep the Chiefs from the playoffs.

We’ve mentioned this before, and Cassel’s 23 touchdowns and four interceptions have won the day, but the context is important to remember that I called him “limp” and “frumpy” and a lot of you called him things that can’t be printed here.

He stunk last year, threw for 68 yards in the season opener and two bad interceptions in the second game, and even if the criticism came inspired in part by the Chiefs’ utter refusal to recognize the bad performances, it still came hard.

We looked around and saw a better defense with emerging stars like Brandon Flowers and Tamba Hali, a solidified offensive line and skill-position players, and thought Cassel’s arm might be what keeps this rebuilding project from liftoff.

Turns out it might be his appendix.

Cassel had it removed on Wednesday, and even as the Chiefs refuse to officially rule him out of Sunday’s showdown in San Diego, common sense tells us it’s incredibly unlikely. This isn’t triple bypass, but an appendectomy is still surgery, and the removal of an organ requires recovery.

Keeping in mind that different bodies heal differently, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had an appendectomy in 2006, missed one game and played 15 days after the surgery. Anthony Wright, then a quarterback with the Bengals, missed two weeks because of an appendectomy the same year. Incidentally, the last time Chiefs offensive lineman Casey Wiegmann missed a game was for an appendectomy in 2001.

Anyway, it seems logical that Cassel will miss this weekend’s game for sure and be 50-50 for next week in St. Louis, meaning all of you who wanted Brodie Croyle to start when Cassel was struggling will get your wish.

Whether you like it or not.

The joke is on us now. We kick a guy for stinking at the beginning of the year, grow to appreciate him during a remarkable transformation into one of the league’s most effective quarterbacks, and now get a reminder about what it’s like to follow a team with a truly eh quarterback.

Because we remember Brodie Croyle, right? The Chiefs are 0-9 in his starts, and, yes, his only experience is playing for really bad teams but it’s also true that the 2007 Chiefs were 4-4 before Croyle started (and lost) seven of the last eight games. It’s also true that Croyle had been unable to wrestle the starting job away from, among others, Damon Huard and Tyler Thigpen.

There’s a reason one of Scott Pioli’s first moves was to give Cassel a $63 million contract.

Look, maybe Croyle will be great. In the last five years, just under 33 percent of NFL teams have made it through an entire season with just one starting quarterback, and as far as backups go, you could do worse than Croyle.

He can make all the throws, at least, and a big part of Cassel’s success this year is attributed to better teammates and a system that mostly asks the quarterback to not turn the ball over.

Maybe Croyle can do that, too, and it’s encouraging to know that even in spotty duty with mostly bad teammates Croyle’s career interception rate would rank 13th in the NFL this year, between Philip Rivers and Mark Sanchez.

So, maybe this will all be fine. The Chiefs’ division lead is enough that they can lose this weekend and still make the playoffs without help, and they were a seven-point underdog this weekend even before the Cassel news.

If he’s able to return next week, or even if Croyle can be good enough for a win in St. Louis, then maybe this is just a footnote during a surprising playoff run.

But, you know, considering where we’ve come from, it’s worth recognizing that no Chiefs fan wants to find out what the team is like without Cassel.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2010, 02:32 AM
It looks like the KCStar's editor reads ChiefsPlanet judging by the title of the article.

MichaelH
12-09-2010, 04:36 AM
I like this article. It points out several good points. Most Chiefs fans kicked Cassel to the curb 8 weeks ago and now they're concerned that he cannot start. It also points out that an upgrade at backup QB may be necessary. This is Croyle's time to shine behind an improved offensive line and coaching. If he fails miserably, a backup QB needs to be added to the list of players needed for the next level.

Fritz88
12-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Stfu mell
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Great time to see Croyle.

Mellinger: stfu.

InChiefsHeaven
12-09-2010, 07:06 AM
This is Croyle's audition for a job next year, here or elsewhere. If he's efficient and smart, the Chiefs will keep him. If he's lights out awesome, the Chiefs will sign him and then trade him or something. I just can't see them letting him go, Haley last year was singing the praises of Croyle. I dunno what we're in for the next few weeks, but I hope Croyle does well enough to sign him to an extension so that we have a quality backup.

...with a hot wife, of course.

TheGuardian
12-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Stfu mell
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude I wish you would fucking die in a grease fire. Fore real.

TheGuardian
12-09-2010, 07:14 AM

.....with you right behind him.

King_Chief_Fan
12-09-2010, 07:18 AM

great time to show once and for all he is not the answer even in a back up mode for the Chiefs.

Marcellus
12-09-2010, 07:19 AM

If you think this is a good thing then you are dumber than a box of steaming hamster shit.

Deberg_1990
12-09-2010, 07:20 AM
That tells us all we need to know....

Im not expecting disaster, but im not expecting all that much either.

notorious
12-09-2010, 07:37 AM
If anyone is expecting Croyle to start slinging it downfield, they will be disappointed.

Haley and Weis are going to tie Croyle up so tight that Cassel will look like an Al Davis QB from the 80's and 90's in comparison.

the Talking Can
12-09-2010, 07:48 AM
my now fading memories of Croyle are:

drive us down field with sharp looking passes....then throw an int

somehow he looked great between the 20's, but it never ended in points or wins

notorious
12-09-2010, 08:02 AM
my now fading memories of Croyle are:

drive us down field with sharp looking passes....then throw an int

somehow he looked great between the 20's, but it never ended in points or wins

Don't forget the picture perfect 50 yard pass.......that is overthrown.

This offense is built around not turning the ball over. Croyle is going to break Cassel's record for short passes.

The Bad Guy
12-09-2010, 08:05 AM
It's hilarious that the ones who constantly bag on Cassel are the ones celebrating the return of Brodie.

Nevermind that the guy has never won an NFL game as a starter.

Yes, some of you are that stupid that you would think an 8-4 team can afford their starting QB going down to play a winless NFL starter.

The Bad Guy
12-09-2010, 08:06 AM

It's become more about a vendetta against the QB than it is being about winning games.

Some of you would rather fail with Croyle than win with Cassel.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:07 AM
If anyone is expecting Croyle to start slinging it downfield, they will be disappointed.

Haley and Weis are going to tie Croyle up so tight that Cassel will look like an Al Davis QB from the 80's and 90's in comparison.

I am going to have to agree with you on this buddy... Croyle wont be slinging the ball anywhere if it is up to the Fans and Coaches...

If Croyle throws more than 20 times, you can rack this up as a loss right away...

We have to control the LOS with the running game and keep Rivers and Co on the Sidelines...

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
It's become more about a vendetta against the QB than it is being about winning games.

It is... Its mroe about being right than winning...

Deberg_1990
12-09-2010, 08:15 AM
We have to control the LOS with the running game and keep Rivers and Co on the Sidelines...

As if the Bolts were not going to stack 8 in the box already.....they can do it all day long with confidence now.

Zaiko
12-09-2010, 08:17 AM
There's no real good time to see Croyle unless it's on the sideline.

TheGuardian
12-09-2010, 08:26 AM

This is exactly right. Guys like Fritz and ROR would actually rather this team fail with Croyle than succeed with Cassel. Like I said, these dipshits really need to find a new team and GTFOut.

notorious
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
This is exactly right. Guys like Fritz and ROR would actually rather this team fail with Croyle than succeed with Cassel. Like I said, these dipshits really need to find a new team and GTFOut.

I dont' think they want the team to fail, but they are still of the belief that Cassel is not the guy to get us to the SB.

Cassel is progressing wonderfully, and I am very excited about it. I am very disappointed that we probably aren't going into SD with our best face on.

BUT, Cassel still hasn't proven he is the man, yet. When he gets his shot against the big boys and succeeds, we will see a lot of the Cassel hate subside.

Extra Point
12-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Slants and posts, when we're not handing off the ball 80% of the time. I'd like to see a play-action post connection on the first down of the game. Good luck, Croyle.

"... and now get a reminder about what it’s like to follow a team with a truly eh quarterback." That's journalistic gold, Sammy.

Rausch
12-09-2010, 08:32 AM

No one wants your best option at any position to go down.

That said, winning in SandyEggo was unlikely with Cassel. If he has to go down at least this gives us a chance to see, with this team, if he's a legit no 2 guy. He should get a game or two vs. .500 level competition and we'll get a better sense for weather or not we should resign him or look elsewhere for next year...

TheGuardian
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM

That said, winning in SandyEggo was unlikely with Cassel. If he has to go down at least this gives us a chance to see, with this team, if he's a legit no 2 guy. He should get a game or two vs. .500 level competition and we'll get a better sense for weather or not we should resign him or look elsewhere for next year...

Why was winning in San Diego unlikely? They are 6-6 and the Raiders just stomped them last week? I picked the Bolts to win, but it wouldn't have shocked me had we won. To add the caveat that winning with CASSEL was unlikely is stupid. The whole fucking team has to win. Jesus christ.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:37 AM

And what is it with the obssession that chiefs fans want their best players to go down so we can see if the backups are worth keeping?

WTF logic is that?

Rausch
12-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Why was winning in San Diego unlikely? They are 6-6 and the Raiders just stomped them last week? I picked the Bolts to win, but it wouldn't have shocked me had we won. To add the caveat that winning with CASSEL was unlikely is stupid. The whole ****ing team has to win. Jesus christ.

It's unlikely because:
1) They are a division team
2) They are a division team at home
3) We have beaten them once already (when's the last time we swept SD?)
4) If they don't win this game they are out of the playoffs
5) They have to be embarrassed after last week
6) They do not lose games the last 4 weeks of the season

I did not say impossible, I said unlikely...

The Bad Guy
12-09-2010, 08:38 AM

Yeah, I don't understand the whole "winning in SD is unlikely" mantra.

The Chargers are insanely banged up and beatable.

Rausch
12-09-2010, 08:39 AM
And what is it with the obssession that chiefs fans want their best players to go down so we can see if the backups are worth keeping?

WTF logic is that?

Why would you ask me that question?...

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Why would you ask me that question?...

It was part of your orginal post... "If he has to go down at least this gives us a chance to see, with this team, if he's a legit no 2 guy. He should get a game or two vs. .500 level competition and we'll get a better sense for weather or not we should resign him or look elsewhere for next year..."

The Bad Guy
12-09-2010, 08:41 AM
It's unlikely because:
1) They are a division team
2) They are a division team at home
3) We have beaten them once already (when's the last time we swept SD?)
4) If they don't win this game they are out of the playoffs
5) They have to be embarrassed after last week
6) They do not lose games the last 4 weeks of the season

I did not say impossible, I said unlikely...

Counterpoint:

1) The Raiders were a division team
2) The Raiders beat them at home
3) The Raiders also beat them once already
4) They had a lot to play for last week too
5) They were embarrased about their special teams after the Chiefs game and continued to get punked for weeks after that.
6) Past records really mean nothing when it's not the same team and have a ton of key injuries.

Rausch
12-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I don't understand the whole "winning in SD is unlikely" mantra.

The Chargers are insanely banged up and beatable.

When motivated and playing up to their ability they can beat about anyone.

I also stated yesterday I thought we'd win. I still do think we'll win.

I don't think the odds are in our favor. I don't think anyone believes the Chiefs winning is more likely. Odds makers sure don't.

The Bad Guy
12-09-2010, 08:43 AM

Exactly, which is why the detractors are far less active on this message board from the beginning of the season.

The Bad Guy
12-09-2010, 08:45 AM

I don't think the odds are in our favor. I don't think anyone believes the Chiefs winning is more likely. Odds makers sure don't.

You're right. They don't. But the oddsmakers also thought the Raiders were 2 touchdowns worse than the Chargers.

I think they have an all-world QB, but throwing to 4th and 5th string WRs along with a hobbled Gates finally catches up after a while.

I think the clock finally struck midnight on the Chargers and their ability to win with backups.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:46 AM

guess that is why they line up and play the game... After watching Oakland just maul them last weekend, I really liked our chances this sunday..

I really liked our chances until Matty Light went MASH on us... Now its a toss up..

Rausch
12-09-2010, 08:48 AM

WTF logic is that?

Again, did I say I wanted him to go down?

No, but since he did, perhaps the silver fucking lining is that we get to evaluate a player who's been carried on roster for years and who's contract is up after this year. Hey, he's forced into action so let's evaluate the guy and see if he's worth keeping as a no 2.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:49 AM

Again, did I say I wanted him to go down?

No, but since he did, perhaps the silver ****ing lining is that we get to evaluate a player who's been carried on roster for years and who's contract is up after this year. Hey, he's forced into action so let's evaluate the guy and see if he's worth keeping as a no 2.

Ah my apologies Rausch... Simple misunderstanding...

Rausch
12-09-2010, 08:50 AM
You're right. They don't. But the oddsmakers also thought the Raiders were 2 touchdowns worse than the Chargers.

And if you look back I called that loss. I thought the Raiders would beat them.

I think the clock finally struck midnight on the Chargers and their ability to win with backups.

Ditto.

And I'm also not sold on Rivers' maturity and leadership once you get him pissed off and flustrated (say -14 on the scoreboard.)

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:53 AM

Ditto.

And I'm also not sold on Rivers' maturity and leadership once you get him pissed off and flustrated (say -14 on the scoreboard.)

Agree...

Raiders did it last sunday and he just wilted on the sidelines...

Hoover
12-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Well then I think we need to ride our two horses in Thomas Jones and Jamal Charles.

20 carries each with a little Croyle play action should work nicely.

Rausch
12-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Well then I think we need to ride our two horses in Thomas Jones and Jamal Charles.

20 carries each with a little Croyle play action should work nicely.

Yep.

Come out looking completely different.

I don't mean we pass and not run, I just mean run out of completely different formations and packages and use this game to try some new things.

I'd still prefer a 3-1 run to pass ratio, but when we pass we attack down the field! TonyII can run a lot of the routes Gonzo did and Bowe can still go up and fight for the ball...

Red Dawg
12-09-2010, 10:45 AM
This is Croyle's audition for a job next year, here or elsewhere. If he's efficient and smart, the Chiefs will keep him. If he's lights out awesome, the Chiefs will sign him and then trade him or something. I just can't see them letting him go, Haley last year was singing the praises of Croyle. I dunno what we're in for the next few weeks, but I hope Croyle does well enough to sign him to an extension so that we have a quality backup.

...with a hot wife, of course.

The Hot wife is very important. His wife is smoking hot!

Wallcrawler
12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Why was winning in San Diego unlikely? They are 6-6 and the Raiders just stomped them last week?

Clearly, history shows us that the Raiders stomping a divisional opponent in their own house has no bearing on what KC will do when they go there to play.

The Broncos were a far inferior team to SD and they dropped 49 on us after taking a dismantling at the hands of the Fade.

SD is normally lights out at home in December. It will take a tremendous effort on the part of the Chiefs to win this football game, Cassel or no Cassel.

Ming the Merciless
12-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Explain please why this is a GREAT time to see Croyle? Are you really THAT fuckign stupid?

TheGuardian
12-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Ditto.

Yes! Exactly. Which is why I do not throw him in that franchise QB bucket. The guy is a head case and when flustered he tanks like a bitch.

LOCOChief
12-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Mellinger is a complete duimbass and doesn't have his shit straight.

It's not that Croyle couldn't take the starting job from Huard or Thigpen, he was injured at the time. And while he might be more fragile than Cassel, Huard and Thigpen he is a hell of alot more accurate.

Those nine games he lost we might as well not had an Oline the way he was raped.

I fully support Cassel and want him back but we have a good backup and he's going to prove it Sunday.

My prediction in June was that we'd win the division and make the playoffs and that hasn't changed for me at least.

Lzen
12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Man, this sucks. Just as it seemed Cassel was turning the corner and actually becoming a good NFL QB, this happens. Well, earlier in the season I was wanting Croyle to get his chance. But there was always the thought in the back of my mind that Croyle could come in and stink it up. I guess we get to find out now. I just hope Cassel isn't out too long and can pick up where he left off.

On the flip side, Croyle could come in and tear it up. I mean, give the guy a break with the whole record as a starter thing. Remember who was the coach. And the talent around him was lacking. That's all that needs to be said.

Of course, it is entirely possible that he comes in a stinks up the place. I mean, SD's defense is really good. And even if that does happen, everyone should remember one thing. When Gannon came in for Grbac in 1997 he sucked in his first game (@ Jax). I'm sure we all remember how that turned out.

SAUTO
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Exactly, which is why the detractors are far less active on this message board from the beginning of the season.

totally agree.

LaChapelle
12-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I completely disagree with the thread title
this is the best time to see Croyle because I can see it 21-3 SD in a hurry
Croyle slinging it INTs or not is the best hope of catching up

B_Ambuehl
12-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Some of you act like the Casshole has been leading a run and shoot offense.

The motherfucker has done nothing more than manage games. The play calling has not featured him by any means. He's had 2 good games out of the last 4, but he's also pissed down his leg in 2 out of the last 4, fumbling the football away and taking needless sacks. His rating doesn't say shit. Without a running game and the ability to throw against an 8 man front the guy is still a major question mark.

The Bad Guy
12-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Some of you act like the Casshole has been leading a run and shoot offense.

The mother****er has done nothing more than manage games. The play calling has not featured him by any means. He's had 2 good games out of the last 4, but he's also pissed down his leg in 2 out of the last 4, fumbling the football away and taking needless sacks. His rating doesn't say shit. Without a running game and the ability to throw against an 8 man front the guy is still a major question mark.

And you've done nothing but prove you have the absolute worst football takes on the entire internet.

Fumbling the football away? When did that happen?

B_Ambuehl
12-09-2010, 12:23 PM
He did it last week on a failed center exchange. He really did it a 2nd time when he got bailed out on that intentional grounding.

The previous game vs Denver (2 weeks prior), he took about 3 bad sacks in the first half and fumbled the football away for a TD.

The guy played 2 consecutive good games vs extremely shitty teams and you guys wanna crown him king. Sorry, but he'll never be what people here want him to be (and a lot of the dumbasses think he now is). The baseline talent just isn't there. Admit it - you've seen this movie before and you know how it ends.

SAUTO
12-09-2010, 12:30 PM
He did it last week on a failed center exchange. He really did it a 2nd time when he got bailed out on that intentional grounding.

The previous game vs Denver (2 weeks prior), he took about 3 bad sacks in the first half and fumbled the football away for a TD.

The guy played 2 consecutive good games vs extremely shitty teams and you guys wanna crown him king. Sorry, but he'll never be what people here want him to be (and a lot of the dumbasses think he now is). The baseline talent just isn't there. Admit it - you've seen this movie before and you know how it ends.
i think lilja knocked the ball out, not a failed exchange.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
It's the MOST won-der-ful tiiiiiiiiime.....of the year! LMAO

Fuck you tight asses; I'm just having fun. But please, continue to weep and gnash your teeth over Matt's one week vacation.

B_Ambuehl
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
i think lilja knocked the ball out, not a failed exchange.

No that was on the Casshole. If I recall correctly that also took them out of field goal range.

SAUTO
12-09-2010, 12:42 PM
No that was on the Casshole. If I recall correctly that also took them out of field goal range.

better watch it again, even the announcers caught it.

B_Ambuehl
12-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Post a video then. No way the right guard is responsible for a failed center exchange. He may have knocked the ball out if he pulled or something, but not unless the Casshole bobbled it or ****ed something else up first.

GoChiefs, where you at buddy? Surely you have a gif of this.

Just Passin' By
12-09-2010, 02:25 PM

I put the 4 biggest "offenders" on ignore, and that's cut down on about 80%-90% of the bullshit.

Marcellus
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Croyle is accurate? Sure as fuck could have fooled me. Not only is he not accurate he has zero touch and throws the ball as hard on a 5 yard route as a 25 yard route.

Why does the lack of talent on the teams Croyle started on give him a pass for being 0-9 but last years lack of talent gave Cassel no relief?

Some of you have been smoking crack. He looked like total shit in the preseason, at least until he got hurt again. Now he is being made out to be this accurate badass QB who just can't stay healthy? Total BS.

I will root for him because he will be our QB for at least a week but get a grip people.

SAUTO
12-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Post a video then. No way the right guard is responsible for a failed center exchange. He may have knocked the ball out if he pulled or something, but not unless the Casshole bobbled it or ****ed something else up first.

GoChiefs, where you at buddy? Surely you have a gif of this.

yep he was pulling, and its HAS to be cassel's fault IYO right? i mean a 300 lb lineman couldnt knock a ball out of a 220 lb qbs hands any other way right?

King_Chief_Fan
12-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Croyle is accurate? Sure as **** could have fooled me. Not only is he not accurate he has zero touch and throws the ball as hard on a 5 yard route as a 25 yard route.

Why does the lack of talent on the teams Croyle started on give him a pass for being 0-9 but last years lack of talent gave Cassel no relief?

Some of you have been smoking crack. He looked like total shit in the preseason, at least until he got hurt again. Now he is being made out to be this accurate badass QB who just can't stay healthy? Total BS.

I will root for him because he will be our QB for at least a week but get a grip people.

i think you summed it up nicely

HemiEd
12-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Dude I wish you would ****ing die in a grease fire. Fore real.

.....with you right behind him.

'tis the season.

InChiefsHeaven
12-09-2010, 03:12 PM
'tis the season.

Caaaaan you feeeel, the looooove tonight?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2010, 04:18 PM
'tis the season.

LMAO

Color Red
12-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Croyle is a gun slinger. Chargers will play like a cornered mama bear defending her cubs --they have to win this Sunday or they are done.

It will be a tough game for us (Remember: at the beginning of the year all of us would have said to have a "8 & 8 season" would have been significant progress and a successful season for where we were.), but we can lose the game (we already won the home game with SD this year, usually if we split in the Wild Wild West we are doing alright) and of course still be in the driver's seat this year.

I am concerned with Oakland and the last game of the season as well as the rest. Right now their record is the best in the division for tie-breakers. Hopefully by the last game they will have fallen, and hopefully we will beat them in the last regular season game, and possibly have earned a first round bye and playoff game at home (that's a lot more progress than an "8 & 8 season!).

I would love the Chiefs to win Sunday. But if are at least competitive with Croyle even if we lose, we can regroup mentally when Cassell comes back and say, "hey, we were playing with our second string QB but still lost."

Besides I would like to see how Croyle drives the Haley machine. Does he have a place around here or not?

jjchieffan
12-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Personally, I expect to see a big passing day. After the beating sd took in the ground game last week and Cassel being out, sd will be expectinga heavy dose of Charles and Jones. Weis will likely come out throwing to catch them off guard.

Rausch
12-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Use the same game plan every team has used all year: play conservative and wait for them to make mistakes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Croyle is a gun slinger. Chargers will play like a cornered mama bear defending her cubs --they have to win this Sunday or they are done.

It will be a tough game for us (Remember: at the beginning of the year all of us would have said to have a "8 & 8 season" would have been significant progress and a successful season for where we were.), but we can lose the game (we already won the home game with SD this year, usually if we split in the Wild Wild West we are doing alright) and of course still be in the driver's seat this year.

I am concerned with Oakland and the last game of the season as well as the rest. Right now their record is the best in the division for tie-breakers. Hopefully by the last game they will have fallen, and hopefully we will beat them in the last regular season game, and possibly have earned a first round bye and playoff game at home (that's a lot more progress than an "8 & 8 season!).

I would love the Chiefs to win Sunday. But if are at least competitive with Croyle even if we lose, we can regroup mentally when Cassell comes back and say, "hey, we were playing with our second string QB but still lost."

Besides I would like to see how Croyle drives the Haley machine. Does he have a place around here or not?

Amazing the lack of support for Croyle. I thought this was a team. Maybe some people just aren't Chiefs fans and should find a new team to root for until their Dink and Dunk Messiah returns...

BigMeatballDave
12-09-2010, 04:41 PM
It's hilarious that the ones who constantly bag on Cassel are the ones celebrating the return of Brodie.

Nevermind that the guy has never won an NFL game as a starter.

Yes, some of you are that stupid that you would think an 8-4 team can afford their starting QB going down to play a winless NFL starter.Early in the season I would have been thrilled to see BC. Now, not so much.

ChiefsCountry
12-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Amazing the lack of support for Croyle. I thought this was a team. Maybe some people just aren't Chiefs fans and should find a new team to root for until their Dink and Dunk Messiah returns...

LMAO

SAUTO
12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
quite the stupid post. And my sarcasm meter is working. Still a stupid post.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-09-2010, 06:58 PM
If only we had Sanchez. We'd be undefeated right now. FUCK! Cassel can take his fucked up appendix elsewhere!

TheGuardian
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

+eleventy billion

Ming the Merciless
12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It is very ironic, unintentionally so by the poster.....thats what makes it so stupid.

Ming the Merciless
12-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Early in the season I would have been thrilled to see BC.

Just curious what this makes you, in hindsight? You wishing and hoping and wanting to be thrilled by Brodie? WHat do you think of this position now?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
If only we had Sanchez. We'd be undefeated right now. FUCK! Cassel can take his fucked up appendix elsewhere!

LMAO Okay, that's funny.

+eleventy billion

It is very ironic, unintentionally so by the poster.....thats what makes it so stupid.
TARD TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE!!!!LMAO

Seriously, you two are developmentally challenged. Kyle, can we get a "sandbox lounge" and a couple of virtual Tonka Trucks for these two?

TheGuardian
12-09-2010, 08:10 PM
LMAO Okay, that's funny.

TARD TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE!!!!LMAO

Seriously, you two are developmentally challenged. Kyle, can we get a "sandbox lounge" and a couple of virtual Tonka Trucks for these two?

I don't know how you type with Sanchez' naked ass all in front of the monitor like that.........

Ming the Merciless
12-09-2010, 08:13 PM
xxx

Ming the Merciless
12-09-2010, 08:19 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/25fiv81.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2010, 08:25 PM
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GUADUANCARD.png

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/tuffle-shuffle.gif

And of course, their favorite band:

RIGHT SAID PIOLI!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/TOOSEXY.png

TEX
12-09-2010, 10:36 PM

LMAO Have you ever seen Croyle play?

michaelj_58
12-10-2010, 04:35 AM
can't we all just get along.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-10-2010, 05:23 AM
LMAO Have you ever seen Croyle play?

Yes. Against Baltimore. Against one of the better defenses in the league(at the time anyway).

He did anything and everything that Cassel could ever do in that game, INCLUDING a lovely brain-fart/shit-my pants at the end.

What more do ya' wants, I ask?!:D

Chiefnj2
12-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Yes. Against Baltimore. Against one of the better defenses in the league(at the time anyway).

He did anything and everything that Cassel could ever do in that game, INCLUDING a lovely brain-fart/shit-my pants at the end.

Did you see him play against Denver last year?

TheGuardian
12-10-2010, 07:39 AM

Did you watch the rest of his career dumbass?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Did you watch the rest of his career dumbass?

In what size may I purchase your new #12 jersey, big G?

Merry Christmas!LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Did you see him play against Denver last year?

I honestly don't recall.