PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So which media member is going to paint Cassel/Croyle as Grbac/Gannon II ?

T-post Tom
12-09-2010, 05:31 AM
I would hesitate to make that comparison, but a little success from Croyle on Sunday and somebody will. I'm surprised it hasn't already been brought up. Or maybe it has and I missed it. (Sam, Looney, AT, et al.: if you're reading this, feel free to use it should Croyle have a good go of it. Just mention Chiefs Planet in some positive fashion.)

12-09-2010, 05:32 AM
It has been mentioned a few times already on the boards.

T-post Tom
12-09-2010, 05:37 AM
It has been mentioned a few times already on the boards.

There ya go. But not here or mainstream media?

12-09-2010, 05:56 AM
There ya go. But not here or mainstream media?They kind of touched on it on 810. Nothing overly specific though.

T-post Tom
12-09-2010, 06:02 AM
They kind of touched on it on 810. Nothing overly specific though.

I imagine it'll be fodder to fill a few hours (days? weeks? months?) of air time & some column space at some point, if Croyle plays well. But just imagine the meltdown (and all the new bandwagon Croyle fans) if Croyle plays well and then Cassel comes back and stinks up the place. That'll keep the conversation lively.

T-post Tom
12-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Oh geez, stop the presses. I'm behind the curve, as usual. Sorry sports fans:

I wonder if this will turn into Grbac vs. Gannon controversy 2.0? I'd love to see Brodie do well, but it would suck to have him get hot only to have him pulled in favor of Cassel in the playoffs and lose. At least it'll be interesting to see how he plays with a better line and running game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2010, 06:13 AM
The situations are too different. It's too late in the season for a true parallel, and shithead will soon be back, dinking and dunking his way to one and out.

IF he's lucky.

T-post Tom
12-09-2010, 06:19 AM
The situations are too different. It's too late in the season for a true parallel, and shithead will soon be back, dinking and dunking his way to one and out.

IF he's lucky.

Okay, but I'm thinking it may be the time for a $50 Vegas bet that Croyle starts for the Faiders next year. You should be able to get pretty good odds on that. For now... ;)

phisherman
12-09-2010, 06:49 AM
i'm sure both fescoe and nick wright will cover it obsessively.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Too me, it is very similar. One has a great arm, but questionable leadership. The other has great leadership, good mobility, and a knack for winning games.

The difference is that this coaching staff is smart enough to start the start the one that knows how to win.

Frazod
12-09-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm fairly sure that Gannon wasn't 0-9 as a starter, and could make it through an entire game without rupturing himself. :facepalm:

Chiefspants
12-09-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm hoping for more of a Livingston/Dawson comparison by the end of the year.

Hey, I can dream, right?

Start Croyle
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
My prediction is that CROYLE will step up to the plate and knock the ball (And the Chargers) out of the park! You guys have no idea what he's capable of with a competent team around him.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Actually this is stupid thread...

You cant start something that hasnt happened yet...

Chances Croyle plays the last 4 games of the season, based on todays evidence, is completely retarded.

Therefore you cant have a debate about it....

Frazod
12-09-2010, 08:46 AM
My prediction is that CROYLE will step up to the plate and knock the ball (And the Chargers) out of the park! You guys have no idea what he's capable of with a competent team around him.

You're a mult of the guy who has the eternal man crush on Larry Johnson, aren't you?

MahiMike
12-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I would hesitate to make that comparison, but a little success from Croyle on Sunday and somebody will. I'm surprised it hasn't already been brought up. Or maybe it has and I missed it. (Sam, Looney, AT, et al.: if you're reading this, feel free to use it should Croyle have a good go of it. Just mention Chiefs Planet in some positive fashion.)

Yea, I brought it up when I 1st heard of it too. They were just comparing this team to the one 20 yrs ago. Now it looks like 1993 again. If he plays as good as Gannon I'll be very happy.

keg in kc
12-09-2010, 11:28 AM
There might be some kind of controversy if Cassel's rating wasn't just under 100 and he hadn't thrown 23 TDs to 4 picks. There's no way in the world anything like that can come out of this game.

T-post Tom
12-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Actually this is stupid thread...

You cant start something that hasnt happened yet...

Chances Croyle plays the last 4 games of the season, based on todays evidence, is completely retarded.

Therefore you cant have a debate about it....

The original post was more about the likelihood of the media turning this angle of the story into high drama. Thank you for your interest in this thread.

Hoover
12-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Doesn't Croyle need to play well before that crap happens?

Radar Chief
12-09-2010, 01:27 PM
There might be some kind of controversy if Cassel's rating wasn't just under 100 and he hadn't thrown 23 TDs to 4 picks. There's no way in the world anything like that can come out of this game.

So, it’s a completely ridiculous idea? Then to answer the OP’s question it’ll be Whitlock.

DaWolf
12-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Doesn't Croyle need to play well before that crap happens?

Hell, I'll take him just staying healthy for the entire game...