PDA

View Full Version : Football My all-time team of favorite non-Chiefs

Rain Man
12-09-2010, 07:05 PM
This is my team of favorite non-Chiefs players, unless I forgot about someone, in which case I reserve the right to change it. These aren't necessarily the best players, but rather are the players that I appreciated and/or enjoyed watching even if they were opponents.

Rules: They have to have never played for the Chiefs. That's pretty much all the rules.

RB - Barry Sanders (Detroit) (apologies to James Brooks, Earl Campbell, Walter Payton, James Wilder, Gary Anderson, Joe Cribbs, and Joe Washington)
FB - William Andrews (Atlanta) (apologies to John L. Williams and Tom Rathman)
QB - Randall Cunningham (Philadelphia) (apologies to Fran Tarkenton)
WR - James Lofton (Buffalo)
WR - John Jefferson (San Diego) (Apologies to Wesley Walker, Mike Quick, Roy Green, and Roger Carr)
TE - Mark Bavaro (NY Giants) (Apologies to Jackie Smith)
OT - Dan Dierdorf (St. Louis) (apologies to Art Shell, Marvin Powell, and Jon Jansen)
OT - Mike Kenn (Atlanta)
G - Ed White (San Diego)
G - John Hannah (New England) (apologies to Jerry Kramer, Larry Little, and Larry Allen)
C - Jim Otto (Oakland) (apologies to Courtney Hall, Mick Tingelhoff, and to the world since I picked a Raider)
K - Al Del Greco (Tennessee) (apologies to Rob Bironas)
P - Reggie Roby (Miami) (apologies to Darren Bennett)
FS - Dick Anderson (Miami) (apologies to Tommy Casanova)
SS - Kenny Easley (Seattle) (apologies to Adrian Wilson, Jim Leonhard, and David Fulcher)
CB - Everson Walls (Dallas)
CB - Aeneas Williams (Arizona) (apologies to Chris McAlister and Eric Wright)
OLB - Robert Brazile (Houston) (apologies to Isiah Robertson, Andre Tippett, and Pat Swilling)
OLB - Kevin Greene (Pittsburgh)
MLB - Vaughn Johnson (New Orleans) (Apologies to Chris Spielman and Lee Roy Jordan)
DE - John Dutton (Baltimore)
DE - L.C. Greenwood (Pittsburgh) (apologies to Carl Eller)
DT - Randy White (Dallas)
DT - Alan Page (Minnesota) (Apologies to Joe Greene, Reggie White, Ray Childress, and Steve McMichael)
KR - Mel Gray (Detroit)
PR - Mike Nelms (Washington)

What's your list?

WebGem
12-09-2010, 07:16 PM
FB - Stephen Trejo

That's all I got.

WebGem
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
C - Jim Otto (Oakland) (apologies to Courtney Hall, Mick Tingelhoff, and to the world since I picked a Raider)

Oh, and this apology isn't accepted.

12-09-2010, 07:32 PM
The Rustin Rifle Bert Jones (QB Baltimore Colts)
Roger Carr (WR Baltimore Colts)
Maniac Mike Curtis (LB Baltimore Colts)
Harvey Martin (DE Dallas Cowboys)
Bob Lily (DT Dallas Cowboys)
Cliff Harris (FS Dallas Cowboys)
Earl Cambell (RB Houston Oilers)
Dave Casper (TE Raiders)

mlyonsd
12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
A raider?

Wow. Just, wow.

CHENZ A!
12-09-2010, 07:41 PM
I always hated the teams he played for, but I was a big Neon Deion(Prime Time) fan.

Deberg_1990
12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Randall Cunningham = The Original Michael Vick

Wallcrawler
12-09-2010, 08:24 PM
LB: Greg Lloyd. Guy was feared as a linebacker that could really bring the big hits. I remember SI doing an article on him titled "The King of Pain".

Dude freaking launched Brett Favre about 3 1/2 yards through the air in a damn pre-season game on year.

Loved that guy. He'd never make it in the league today with all these pantywaist rules they have now.

Well...

I take that back.

He'd be Jerome Harrison.

DTchiefs58
12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Steve Balboni

Wallcrawler
12-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Ah man screw it.

Just gimme any Steelers Defense for that side of the ball.

oQTo_7Ta3XA

2:55-3:04 ridiculous couple of hits.

This video brings us back to the good days when this game was played and officiated by MEN.

Bane
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Barry Foster
Greg Lloyd

Bane
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
LB: Greg Lloyd. Guy was feared as a linebacker that could really bring the big hits. I remember SI doing an article on him titled "The King of Pain".

Dude freaking launched Brett Favre about 3 1/2 yards through the air in a damn pre-season game on year.

Loved that guy. He'd never make it in the league today with all these pantywaist rules they have now.

Well...

I take that back.

He'd be Jerome Harrison.

Rep
One of my all time favorites.:clap:

threebag
12-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Steve Balboni

That's Steve "Bye Bye" Balboni to you.

Wallcrawler
12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Rep
One of my all time favorites.:clap:

4V0EkHs9Jcs

Couldnt find the Favre annihilation, but this one is pretty good.

RJ
12-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Terry Metcalf, Elijah Pitts, John Brockington, Mel Gray, Ed Reed, Ted Hendricks (before he played for you-know-who), Jerry Rice, Johnny U, John Mackey......it's a long list, really.

RJ
12-09-2010, 08:49 PM
The Rustin Rifle Bert Jones (QB Baltimore Colts)
Roger Carr (WR Baltimore Colts)
Maniac Mike Curtis (LB Baltimore Colts)
Harvey Martin (DE Dallas Cowboys)
Bob Lily (DT Dallas Cowboys)
Cliff Harris (FS Dallas Cowboys)
Earl Cambell (RB Houston Oilers)
Dave Casper (TE Raiders)

Bert Jones throwing to carr was fun to watch. Jones had a helluva arm and Carr could really fly. Plus Carr was a funny looking bastard, which made me like him more I think.

Ming the Merciless
12-09-2010, 08:53 PM
John Riggins

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8bRalUM5RQc/S_LvOnXaqKI/AAAAAAAADiY/kXdc124CCAw/s200/riggins_2.jpg

Sully
12-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Bo Jackson, Jerome Bettis, Ronnie Lott, Tom Rathman, Mark Bavaro, Howie Long, Tom Waddle, Lorenzo Neal

12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Bert Jones throwing to carr was fun to watch. Jones had a helluva arm and Carr could really fly. Plus Carr was a funny looking bastard, which made me like him more I think.

He would have been one of the all time great QB's had he not hurt his shoulder. he threw the hardest ball I've ever seen. his out passes were rocket balls. I think he knocked Carr out of bounds with one one time.

I remember one game in 1977 against the Patriots, he got an all out blitz and just heaved it 65 yards while some Pats safety was at his knees and it was a perfect pass to Raymond Chester for a TD. and of course that 1977 playoff game between the Colts and the Raiders is one of the greatest games of all time.

Pioli Zombie
12-09-2010, 09:30 PM
QB Tom Brady
RB Ron Johnson
RB Franco Harris
OL Who gives a shit
WR Jerry Rice
WR Lynn Swann
DL Richard Seymour
Aaah I'm sick of this

Chiefnj2
12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Sweetness, Mel Blount, Lynn Swann, Alan Page, Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, Steve Tasker, Kevin Greene, Singletary, Largent, Leroy Selmon, Kurt Warner, and as much as I hate to admit it I always liked Romanowski.

Pioli Zombie
12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
My old school friends are right about Bert Jones. For 3 years (75-77) he was the best.

Gadzooks
12-09-2010, 09:34 PM
QB - Otto Graham

RJ
12-09-2010, 09:41 PM
He would have been one of the all time great QB's had he not hurt his shoulder. he threw the hardest ball I've ever seen. his out passes were rocket balls. I think he knocked Carr out of bounds with one one time.

I remember one game in 1977 against the Patriots, he got an all out blitz and just heaved it 65 yards while some Pats safety was at his knees and it was a perfect pass to Raymond Chester for a TD. and of course that 1977 playoff game between the Colts and the Raiders is one of the greatest games of all time.

Haha, I was at that Pats game, Memorial Stadium. By chance we happened be sitting behind Steve Grogan's parents. They were nice folks but their boy got his ass kicked that day. After the game a bunch of people tore down the goal posts. I didn't participate but I did enjoy wandering over the field while watching the crazies. Memorial Stadium during Colts games in those days was referred to as "The World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum", and with good reason.

Yeah, ol' Bert could throw the ball.

DJJasonp
12-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Lynn Swann, Rod Woodson, Steve Young, Jim Zorn, Brian Sipe, Jim McMahon, Polamalu....and Bo Jackson!

Marcellus
12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Stan Humphries - I know he was a Bolt but he was like the fat kid you went to school with playing QB and he was a tough SOB. All heart.

I remember an announcer saying Humphries idea of off season training was water skiing.

Wallcrawler
12-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Stan Humphries - I know he was a Bolt but he was like the fat kid you went to school with playing QB and he was a tough SOB. All heart.

I remember an announcer saying Humphries idea of off season training was water skiing.

Heh. Remember when he played that season with the dislocated elbow? Holy shit that guy was a tough bastard.

WebGem
12-10-2010, 12:46 AM
QB - Charlie Ward

patteeu
12-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Heavily influenced by my strat-o-matic teams during the late 80s. Bold indicates that they were a member of my strat-o-matic team at one point or another.

RB - Dalton Hilliard (New Orleans) (I also like his teammate Reuben Mayes and I was a big fan of Walter Payton and Eric Dickerson too)
FB - Larry Centers (Arizona)
QB - Randall Cunningham (Philadelphia)
WR - Al Toon (NYJ)
WR - Harold Carmichael (Philadelphia) (Also liked Mike Quick and Fred Biletnikoff)
TE - Kellen Winslow (San Diego) (Also liked Mark Bavaro and Keith Jackson)
OT - Orlando Pace (St. Louis)
OT - Anthony Muņoz (Cincinnati)
G - Mike Munchak (Houston)
G - Randall McDaniel (Minnesota)
C - Dwight Stephenson (Miami)
K - Phil Dawson (Cleveland)
P - Reggie Roby (Miami)
FS - Chuck Cecil (Arizona) (Ed Reed is a close second)
SS - Brian Dawkins (Philadelphia)
CB - Darrell Green (Washington)
CB - Aeneas Williams (Arizona)
OLB - Lawrence Taylor (NYG)
OLB - Cornelius Bennett (Buffalo)
MLB - Levon Kirkland (Pittsburg)
DE - Carl Hairston (Philadelphia) (If he doesn't count since he coached for the Chiefs then I pick Jack Youngblood)
DE - Howie Long (Oakland)
DT - Steve McMichael (Chicago)
DT - Alan Page (Minnesota)
KR - Stump Mitchell (St. Louis)
PR - Vai Sikahema (St. Louis)

patteeu
12-10-2010, 01:01 AM
It's odd that I could like a few Raiders, but I couldn't like some of the great players from the golden eras of the Dolphins, the Steelers, the Cowboys or the 49ers and I couldn't like any players that I associate primarily with the Broncos either.*

----------
* I realize that Dawkins became a Bronco, but I still think of him as an Eagle.