PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you think the players watch Haley's pressers?

runnercyclist
12-11-2010, 07:45 AM
I never miss one. He always talks Chiefs philosophy. He has a plan.

I wonder if the players watch these.

CoMoChief
12-11-2010, 07:50 AM
great thread

WhitiE
12-11-2010, 08:02 AM

I wonder if the players watch these.

I'm sure some do

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-11-2010, 08:09 AM
God I hope not; I likes my players alert.

runnercyclist
12-11-2010, 08:13 AM
great thread

I know, right?

MIAdragon
12-11-2010, 08:21 AM
No

runnercyclist
12-11-2010, 08:35 AM
No

Yeah, I'm guessing they don't either. But I really like them. I like the way he dodges the questions aimed at unveiling his strategery :)

Hammock Parties
12-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes.

Despite what they say players are always paying attention to things in the media and said by the head coach.

That's why head coaches use the media to send messages. They know the players are paying attention.

They may say they ignore all that stuff, but they're FOS. Even if they try to shut it out, their human nature gets the best of them at times.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-11-2010, 09:50 AM
And I would think the players hear all that in team meetings anyway. They know their job is to get a little better everyday. They know they need to be part of the right 53...............................

DaFace
12-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I doubt that most of them make it a point to religiously watch them, but I'd imagine that many do get curious from time to time and check out the pressers to see what the boss is saying.

Similarly, I'm sure that SOME players occasionally lurk on boards like this to see what the fans are saying. Curiosity and boredom make it a virtual guarantee.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I doubt that most of them make it a point to religiously watch them, but I'd imagine that many do get curious from time to time and check out the pressers to see what the boss is saying.

Similarly, I'm sure that SOME players occasionally lurk on boards like this to see what the fans are saying. Curiosity and boredom make it a virtual guarantee.

I'll bet Cassel would still suck if he hadn't read CP. I think we almost got him to the probowl.

FAX
12-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Looney's efforts to deceive the Kingdom and pull his nasty woolen jockstrap o'er our eyes continue, however.

A significant chunk of Haley's last presser (at or near the beginning) is inexplicably gone resulting in a strange and highly troubling jumpcut. First time I've ever seen that done.

What is it that we were not supposed to hear or know, Looney? You bastard.

FAX

Rausch
12-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I doubt it.

You can bet the player's agents watch these fuckers like ticking stock quotes but what the HC says on tuesday doesn't mean much unless someone is fighting for a job or injured...

NewChief
12-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes.

Despite what they say players are always paying attention to things in the media and said by the head coach.

That's why head coaches use the media to send messages. They know the players are paying attention.

They may say they ignore all that stuff, but they're FOS. Even if they try to shut it out, their human nature gets the best of them at times.

Not the case with Trent, at least. He pretty much ignored the KC media (stopped taking the Star his first year there). I'd be all excited with some inside "scoop" from the Planet and want to ask him about it.. and half the time he didn't even know what I was talking about. He watched ESPN and Sportscenter and such religiously, but he didn't pay attention to the local stuff at all.

Not saying that's the case for all players, but it was for him.

BigRedChief
12-11-2010, 10:36 AM

I wonder if the players watch these.WTF dude? :facepalm: He never says a damn thing in those pressers he hasn't said a bazillion times before. Thats the pioli way.

FYI, the local media are frequent viitors to this site and some Chief players come and visit from time to time.

Raiderhater
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
The thought of players lurking around here used to be cool, now it's embarrassing considering how many idiots have permeated the board over the years.

wazu
12-11-2010, 11:16 AM
The thought of players lurking around here used to be cool, now it's embarrassing considering how many idiots have permeated the board over the years.

Have you seen the players' tweets on Twitter? The biggest dumbasses we have on ChiefsPlanet are rocket scientists by comparison.

Iowanian
12-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Not the case with Trent, at least. He pretty much ignored the KC media (stopped taking the Star his first year there). I'd be all excited with some inside "scoop" from the Planet and want to ask him about it.. and half the time he didn't even know what I was talking about. He watched ESPN and Sportscenter and such religiously, but he didn't pay attention to the local stuff at all.

Not saying that's the case for all players, but it was for him.

What did he say when you wrote trINT Green on his Christmas card?

Chiefshrink
12-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Yes.

The Parcells way.

Chiefshrink
12-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Do all children want to know what Dad is really thinking not to mention Dad's unconditional love and approval? Well maybe not unconditional:D

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Raiderhater
12-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Have you seen the players' tweets on Twitter? The biggest dumbasses we have on ChiefsPlanet are rocket scientists by comparison.

I don't tweet, facespace or mybook, so no.

Rausch
12-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't tweet, facespace or mybook, so no.

Yeah, somehow I get the feeling Haley isn't much into teh hole innerwebs thing...

Raiderhater
12-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah, somehow I get the feeling Haley isn't much into teh hole innerwebs thing...

I have this place. That is as far as I go in social networking on line. And I don't even spend that much time on here any more.

Rausch
12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I have this place. That is as far as I go in social networking on line. And I don't even spend that much time on here any more.

Yeah, because you're busy now.

Real life, job, perhaps you've found a nice young waiter to settle down with who looks at you for who you are and doesn't judge you.

That's cool.

Raiderhater
12-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, because you're busy now.

Real life, job, perhaps you've found a nice young waiter to settle down with who looks at you for who you are and doesn't judge you.

That's cool.

F#ck that, tried the relationship thing and I've decided I'm staying single.

Bitches are krazzzzy!

Rausch
12-11-2010, 12:01 PM
F#ck that, tried the relationship thing and I've decided I'm staying single.

Bitches are krazzzzy!

Yes, ALL OF THEM are.

The secret is to find one that matches up to you just enough, fits your needs just enough, keeps you busy just enough, and makes you happy just enough to put up with their azz.

This is not easy. In fact I'd recommend switching out every 8 years or so, but that's just me...