PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Looking forward to the St. Louis game

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:19 PM
What do you guys think our chances are? Right now it looks like a must-win. The 49ers can sure change things on Thursday night, but it's not too likely. What do you think our chances are without Cassel/with a non-100% Cassel/with close to 100% Cassel? It's not a home game, but it's the closest thing to one without being at Arrowhead. The team is also nowhere near as good as the Chargers are on either side of the ball. I have faith in Haley to get the team ready for the Rams, and I think we'll pull it out one way or another.

Oh, one last thing. Go 49ers!! They helped us win the division in 1997 with a late-season win against Denver on MNF IIRC, and helped us get into the playoffs BIG TIME in 2006 at Incestco. I'll be tuned into NFL Network on Thursday night.

LaChapelle
12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Depends
did the Broncs lose today

AtomicPlayboy
12-12-2010, 07:21 PM
If we can't beat the 6-7 Rams with our playoff lives on the line then I will be quite disappointed. I know the Rams are improved and playing at home but we have to win that game. I'd give it a 60 percent chance if Cassel is 80 percent healthy or higher.

Bane
12-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Depends
did the Broncs lose today

LMAO They got pounded again.I think we beat the Rams.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:22 PM
If we can't beat the 6-7 Rams with our playoff lives on the line then I will be quite disappointed. I know the Rams are improved and playing at home but we have to win that game. I'd give it a 60 percent chance if Cassel is 80 percent healthy or higher.

Sorry, but there's no way in hell the Chiefs are an 80% favorite no matter what way you look at it. The Rams are not only improved and at home, they're well coached, and pretty much need the W just as bad as we do. I'll take a 1 point win. I do think we will get the win one way or the other, but we've got to play a solid game.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Rams lost today on the road and need a win next week to keep them in the picture. Uh, hm, their back is against the wall , just like SD was. Will we be motivated for that one?

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Rams lost today on the road and need a win next week to keep them in the picture. Uh, hm, their back is against the wall , just like SD was. Will we be motivated for that one?

Big difference. We need the win really f*cking bad now, too. Plus, their back isn't up against shit. Most Rams fans probably think of potential losses as "oh well, the rest of the division will probably lose too". If they lose, in no way is their season over. We don't have that luxury, we have the Chargers breathing down our neck. The Chargers would fucking destroy the NFC West no matter how bad they play in Sept/Oct.

gblowfish
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
The Rams will be playing a road game next week. Bet at least 50% of the dome is KC fans.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I think the Chiefs have to confuse Bradford. Romeo was the king of mind-fucking rookie and inexperienced QBs in NE.

The turf will show a lot of our speed.

This is the one game that worries me. Tennessee is a dead team. Oakland should be dead by Week 17.

Hopefully SF can regain some form because they are basically 2 games out of the division lead.

WebGem
The Rams will be playing a road game next week. Bet at least 50% of the dome is KC fans.

I've never been there (although I will be Sunday), but from what I've heard the opposing teams have 60-70% of the fans sometimes (Rams Fan said this - the ChiefsPlanet one). If that's the case, the fact that KC fans are only 4 hours away should make it even worse for STL.

ROYC75
Big difference. We need the win really f*cking bad now, too. Plus, their back isn't up against shit. Most Rams fans probably think of potential losses as "oh well, the rest of the division will probably lose too". If they lose, in no way is their season over. We don't have that luxury, we have the Chargers breathing down our neck. The Chargers would ****ing destroy the NFC West no matter how bad they play in Sept/Oct.

Why wasn't today's game of some importance to KC? We could have closed SD's chances out of the playoffs with a win today.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Hopefully SF can regain some form because they are basically 2 games out of the division lead.

Nope, only 1 game out. And they are 3-1 in the division and have 2 division games left @STL and home vs AZ. I still doubt they're gonna win, but you really never know.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I think the Chiefs have to confuse Bradford. Romeo was the king of mind-****ing rookie and inexperienced QBs in NE.

This is the one game that worries me. Tennessee is a dead team. Oakland should be dead by Week 17.

Even if Oakland loses 1 game by then, they will be motivated just to beat us and keep us out of the playoffs.

FWIW, Oakland is a team on the rise and is capable of beating us at home.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Why wasn't today's game of some importance to KC? We could have closed SD's chances out of the playoffs with a win today.

It was, it just wasn't like our backs were up against the wall as was the case with SD. We didn't need todays game nearly as bad as they did. When you know you still control your own destiny with a pretty favorable schedule and only 3 games left even if you lose, it's not the same. From here on out, unless SD loses a game before we start ours, it's gonna feel like a must-win every single time.

ChiefaRoo
12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Kansas City will win. I guarantee it.

Rams Fan
12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Big difference. We need the win really f*cking bad now, too. Plus, their back isn't up against shit. Most Rams fans probably think of potential losses as "oh well, the rest of the division will probably lose too". If they lose, in no way is their season over. We don't have that luxury, we have the Chargers breathing down our neck. The Chargers would ****ing destroy the NFC West no matter how bad they play in Sept/Oct.

BS. The Rams need to beat the Chiefs this week and the 49ers next week. I don't want the div to come down to Week 17 in Seattle. The Seahawks need to lose this week and next for me to feel safe. The Rams need this win.

chiefsfan987
12-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Nope, only 1 game out. And they are 3-1 in the division and have 2 division games left @STL and home vs AZ. I still doubt they're gonna win, but you really never know.

Well Seattle still has to play Atlanta, and Tampa Bay and I think they'll lose both of those so... its up for grabs IMO.

Rams Fan
12-12-2010, 07:37 PM

If the Rams lose to the Chiefs, they have to kick the 49ers asses in 2 weeks. If not, the Rams are done for winning the Div.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:38 PM
If the Rams lose to the Chiefs, they have to kick the 49ers asses in 2 weeks. If not, the Rams are done for winning the Div.

Exactly. That means they need to win 1 of their next 2. Like I said, we don't have the luxury of having shitty ass teams to fight out our division with. Not only is it the Chargers, but they have the biggest joke of a schedule you could possibly write up to end the season with.

Also, please don't turn this thread into the Rams, nobody gives a shit about the Rams winning the NFC West.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I may be mistaken, but if SD loses Thursday and we win then we just need to beat the Titans to win the division.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
I may be mistaken, but if SD loses Thursday and we win then we just need to beat the Titans to win the division.

Yeah that would be 10 wins, and SD and OAK would each have 7 losses. So that's a clincher. Pretty big IF on the SF > SD though, lol.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 07:42 PM

If ? If ?

If we had played with some fire today and won, we only needed to win 1 more game this year.

Rams Fan
12-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Exactly. That means they need to win 1 of their next 2. Like I said, we don't have the luxury of having shitty ass teams to fight out our division with. Not only is it the Chargers, but they have the biggest joke of a schedule you could possibly write up to end the season with.

Also, please don't turn this thread into the Rams, nobody gives a shit about the Rams winning the NFC West.

I'm not going to turn this thread into that. But it's the 2nd to last home game of the season for the Rams. They'll give the Chiefs their best shot. Just don't go on assuming that this game will be easy because it's the Rams, because it won't be.

notorious
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
It was, it just wasn't like our backs were up against the wall as was the case with SD. We didn't need todays game nearly as bad as they did. When you know you still control your own destiny with a pretty favorable schedule and only 3 games left even if you lose, it's not the same. From here on out, unless SD loses a game before we start ours, it's gonna feel like a must-win every single time.

It shows that this team's killer instinct is horrible. A championship team stomps on the throat of an opposing .500 team even when they have the division wrapped up.

We have a looooong way to go.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah that would be 10 wins, and SD and OAK would each have 7 losses. So that's a clincher. Pretty big IF on the SF > SD though, lol.

True but SD is so up and down week to week. Just like the rest of the league. They blew us out this week, but could lay an egg Thursday.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
True but SD is so up and down week to week. Just like the rest of the league. They blew us out this week, but could lay an egg Thursday.

Tell Norv to start clucking.

chiefsfan987
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM

And they have two road games left and like the Chiefs they haven't been good on the road for what its worth.

Red Dawg
12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Kansas City will win. I guarantee it.

Oh fuck. That was bad ju ju.

kcpasco
12-12-2010, 07:47 PM
SD has to go into Cinci

I hope it's -50 with 10 feet of snow

ChiefaRoo
12-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Oh ****. That was bad ju ju.

:)

Chiefs Pantalones
12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
The good thing is it's not the end of the world. We control our own destiny. We win these last three very winnable games, we win the division.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
SD has to go into Cinci

Meh, that might help a little. The Bengals are REALLY fucking bad though.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 07:56 PM
SD has to go into Cinci

Cincy has packed it in for the year...... I really have my doubts Cincy can hang with SD. Playing for pride my butt....... Cincy has been raped all year. All they will do now is bend over and give it up.

Chiefshrink
12-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I think the Chiefs have to confuse Bradford. Romeo was the king of mind-****ing rookie and inexperienced QBs in NE.

When playing the Chiefs there is no such thing as a "dead team". The way we played today we will "raise the dead" for sure.

St.Louis will beat us if Cassel doesn't play IMO.

Chiefshrink
12-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Meh, that might help a little. The Bengals are REALLY ****ing bad though.

How Marvin Lewis keeps his job is beyond me.

Chiefshrink
12-12-2010, 08:08 PM
It shows that this team's killer instinct is horrible. A championship team stomps on the throat of an opposing .500 team even when they have the division wrapped up.

We have a looooong way to go.

Thankyou!! Mentally weak and definitely not focused at the right times:thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-12-2010, 08:10 PM
When playing the Chiefs there is no such thing as a "dead team". The way we played today we will "raise the dead" for sure.

St.Louis will beat us if Cassel doesn't play IMO.

The only way Cassel doesn't play is if Haley continues to baby injured players. I know it's more serious with Cassel, but yeah. If Cassel has any balls he'll play next week. I just hope he didn't accumulate rust.

notorious
12-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Thankyou!! Mentally weak and definitely not focused at the right times:thumb:

I think the talent divide between this team and SD is such that the Chiefs have to be 100% focused on getting the job done. They have to play perfect to win.

We might even need a few lucky bounce while playing perfect.

This team can be built on the OLine and Dline and WR so that we can complete with the big-boys, but until then we better play perfect.

kcpasco
12-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Cincy has packed it in for the year...... I really have my doubts Cincy can hang with SD. Playing for pride my butt....... Cincy has been raped all year. All they will do now is bend over and give it up.

Ya Cinci sucks

I was referring to SD not playing well in cold weather.

Chiefshrink
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I think the talent divide between this team and SD is such that the Chiefs have to be 100% focused on getting the job done. They have to play perfect to win.

We might even need a few lucky bounce while playing perfect.

This team can be built on the OLine and Dline and WR so that we can complete with the big-boys, but until then we better play perfect.

At the beginning of the season I thought to myself "damn the D is a helluva alot better than I thought" maybe it's Crennel's coaching because the D pretty much has the same roster except for Berry and Smith. But then the D has progressively gotten worse as the season has gone on. And to your point it is the lack of talent which finally shows our glaring weakness especially along the D line and LB positions.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 09:49 PM
At the beginning of the season I thought to myself "damn the D is a helluva alot better than I thought" maybe it's Crennel's coaching because the D pretty much has the same roster except for Berry and Smith. But then the D has progressively gotten worse as the season has gone on. And to your point it is the lack of talent which finally shows our glaring weakness especially along the D line and LB positions.

Well, Berry + Smith + players get better as they gain more experience + players get better from better coaching = that's quite a bit of difference. It's not the same as it was.

Chiefshrink
12-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Well, Berry + Smith + players get better as they gain more experience + players get better from better coaching = that's quite a bit of difference. It's not the same as it was.

But not much better. I mean how long do we wait on Dorsey, Jackson etc.....
We have NO pass rush period!:shrug:

Chiefnj2
12-13-2010, 09:44 AM
It's pretty much a playoff game for both teams. It should be good - two young teams that are overachieving a bit right now.

RAMSJUNKIE
12-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Im sorry to tell you guys but the rams are just the better team all around, they have a better QB they have a better RB they have a better offensive line, the have a better defense, they have an overall better recieving corps, bowe is better than any reciever the rams have but they have more depth. The rams will win this game and win it easily especially if cassel dosent play.

score
rams 31
quiefs 13

RAMSJUNKIE
12-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh and you will not have home field advantage like you say you will that is a thing of the past since the rams drafted bradford they have sold out every game so far and the dome is rocking like it did in the greatest show on turf days.

CHENZ A!
12-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Oh and you will not have home field advantage like you say you will that is a thing of the past since the rams drafted bradford they have sold out every game so far and the dome is rocking like it did in the greatest show on turf days.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Old Dog
12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Im sorry

If you would have stopped right there I would have agreed with you.

RAMSJUNKIE
12-14-2010, 10:43 AM
the chiefs have a good up and comming young team but the rams are just a step ahead of them.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2010, 11:21 AM
the chiefs have a good up and comming young team but the rams are just a step ahead of them.

Let me know where the Rams are a step ahead of the Chiefs?

The Rams have a nice QB, no WRs, decent OL, one good end in Long, good MLB and thats about it. Your RB is more Larry Johnson these days than anything.

The Rams have been built up as a great story, but let's be honest here, you're 6-7 in what is likely the worst division ever in the NFL.

When the Chiefs come and take your lunch money Sunday, make sure you come back telling me how good the Rams are.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Did Knownothing change his name to Ramsjunkie?

Better RB? HAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Better WRs? HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

WebGem
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
ROFL

I can't believe I just read that.

WebGem
12-14-2010, 11:25 AM
The better RB thing was by far the most hilarious thing I've heard in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh pal. Come say hi to me if you see me Sunday, I'll be the guy in red, and apparently the only one according to you.

milkman
12-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Meh, that might help a little. The Bengals are REALLY ****ing bad though.

Off topic, but pissing Calvin lost it's burst about 10-15 years ago.

Skyy God

You do know a sellout doesn't guarantee who the fans root for, or that tickets can be resold, right?

Skyy God
Off topic, but pissing Calvin lost it's burst about 10-15 years ago.

It never had a burst.

MissouriFan
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
It would be the Chiefs most impressive victory yet this year if they beat the Rams at the Edward Jones Dome.

Skyy God
12-14-2010, 11:41 AM
It would be the Chiefs most impressive victory yet this year if they beat the Rams at the Edward Jones Dome.

If Croyle's at the helm, sure. That's like a Special Olympian winning a medal at the actual Olympics.

RAMSJUNKIE
12-14-2010, 11:52 AM
The better RB thing was by far the most hilarious thing I've heard in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh pal. Come say hi to me if you see me Sunday, I'll be the guy in red, and apparently the only one according to you.

You have better depth at RB your crazy if you dont think jackson is better than either one of your RBs

vailpass
12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Let me know where the Rams are a step ahead of the Chiefs?
The Rams have a nice QB, no WRs, decent OL, one good end in Long, good MLB and thats about it. Your RB is more Larry Johnson these days than anything.

The Rams have been built up as a great story, but let's be honest here, you're 6-7 in what is likely the worst division ever in the NFL.

When the Chiefs come and take your lunch money Sunday, make sure you come back telling me how good the Rams are.

They are 10 steps ahead at Franchise QB

Old Dog
12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Let's see
Jackson 276 carries for 1080 yards and 34 receptions for 288 4 total TDs
Charles 192 for 1177 and 36 for 388 4 total TDs

Hush noob

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I think the Chiefs have to confuse Bradford. Romeo was the king of mind-fucking rookie and inexperienced QBs in NE.

We are not a fast defense. DJ, Berry, and Carr are fast. That's it. Flowers has average speed, Lewis is slow for his position, and Vrabel, and Belcher are really slow.

Hali is rushing the majority of the time, so that doesn't matter as much.

Hootie
12-14-2010, 12:08 PM
We are not a fast defense. DJ, Berry, and Carr are fast. That's it. Flowers has average speed, Lewis is slow for his position, and Vrabel, and Belcher are really slow.

if only we had Vernon Gholston!

The Bad Guy
12-14-2010, 01:05 PM

I was primarily talking about our running game with Charles.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
They are 10 steps ahead at Franchise QB

10 steps? No.

I like Sam Bradford a lot, and he's overcome a lot of the Rams deficiencies, but they have few skill players that worry me enough where I would say that the Rams clearly have an edge on the Chiefs.

vailpass
12-14-2010, 01:09 PM
10 steps? No.

I like Sam Bradford a lot, and he's overcome a lot of the Rams deficiencies, but they have few skill players that worry me enough where I would say that the Rams clearly have an edge on the Chiefs.

How are things over there in Delusionville?

MarcBulger
12-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Two weak teams. One team playing at home, Rams have the edge...

The Bad Guy
12-14-2010, 01:34 PM
How are things over there in Delusionville?

That might be the most extreme comment ever made on this board.

Sam Bradford is not 10x better than Matt Cassel. It appears the only ones who view him as an inept awful player are a handful on this board.

vailpass
12-14-2010, 01:36 PM

Sam Bradford is not 10x better than Matt Cassel. It appears the only ones who view him as an inept awful player are a handful on this board.

If you polled every NFL owner and told them they had to jettison their current QB and had to pick between Bradford and Cassel as their QB do you think even one owner would select Cassel?

MarcBulger
12-14-2010, 01:37 PM

He is not 10X better, they are pretty equal. Only difference is Bradford is a rookie...

RAMSJUNKIE
12-14-2010, 01:44 PM
He is not 10X better, they are pretty equal. Only difference is Bradford is a rookie...

yeah while cassel has peaked bradford hasnt even scratched the surface.

RMFN
12-14-2010, 08:05 PM
I know I will be a little more at ease if Cassel doesn't play. And with the Rams being at Home should make a difference.

But I bet Cassel will play, just a hunch

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2010, 08:08 PM
I know I will be a little more at ease if Cassel doesn't play. And with the Rams being at Home should make a difference.

Home? This is gonna be a home game for the Chiefs.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Hey, I think I know you. Do you have splotches of boar junk on your face ?

RMFN
12-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Home? This is gonna be a home game for the Chiefs.

Oh I have no doubt there will Chief fans there but, The majority will be Rams fans!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh I have no doubt there will Chief fans there but, The majority will be Rams fans!

I'm sure they are Rams fans when the Chiefs aren't in town.