PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Say we win the AFC West ? A Home Playoff game!

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM
There are some on here that think we will beat anybody in the playoffs as long as it's in Arrowhead. I for one do not feel this, that the once famous Arrowhead 12th man ( which we haven't seen this year ) will appear and lift the Chiefs to a playoff win over any team. To those on CP, I want to know why you feel this ?

FTR, I have given several reasons why I do not feel this way, please read, it may serve as a reminder of our season.

# 1 . When have we last won a playoff game in Arrowhead ? Bet this answer gives you a lot of confidence. ( besides the benefit of the doubt, all good things come to an end )

# 2 . Let's look at who we have beaten at Arrowhead this year ?
SD 24-14 , early season win that we had to hang on in a Sunday night spotlight game for the new Arrowhead.
SF 31-10, vs a very bad team at the time & still not a great team. ( They are getting better )
Jax. 42-20 vs a 3rd string QB just signed off the streets, 42 pts impressive but not the 20 pts.
Buf. 13-10, in OT ..... that's a confidence builder. ( They are getting better )
Az. 31-13, vs a very bad team. FAIL!
Den. 10-6 vs a bad team that shelled us previously, lack of motivation ? FAIL !

So we are 6 - 0 vs 5 bad teams plus 1 good team in a wet sloppy the 1st game,. So we have basically beat nobody good at home ( except SD ).

# 3. The road ?
Clev. - was lucky to win that game, but we are suppose to beat bad teams and found a way to win. To date, this is arguably / probably our best road win, Cleveland is playing much better now.
Seattle - OK, which road win is the most impressive now ?

Blown games on the road ? Had a few of those....
Houston ? Absolutely ! Had the lead and blew it.
Oakland ? Yes, check, etc. all of the above. Oakland was not a good team then, we just blew it.
Denver ? This game still irks me..... No way we should have let this happen.

Games we probably should have lost and did.
SD ? Check, no shame here other than how we lost.
Indy ? Check, a strong effort, but KC could have made this game closer or even at least had themselves in a chance to win it.

So somebody, anybody, show me, tell me how we should have faith in a KC playoff win, if it should happen with this Chiefs team we are seeing right now.

Any other team in Arrowhead ( if we win the West ) other than the Jets and we are probably toast.

BTW, please do not feed me any of the "Any Given Sunday" crap. I already know this stuff, I want cold hard facts behind your complete homerism.

Buck
12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Oh boy here we go....

WebGem
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Any other team in Arrowhead ( if we win the West ) other than the Jets and we are probably toast.

Bullshit. We would beat the Jets, we should beat the Ravens, we would beat the Jaguars and we would beat the Colts. Who else could it possibly be? San Diego is probably the worst matchup for us that is even possible.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Bullshit. We would beat the Jets, we should beat the Ravens, we would beat the Jaguars and we would beat the Colts. Who else could it possibly be? San Diego is probably the worst matchup for us that is even possible.

Please pay attention, I said other than the Jets.

Ravens would probably beat us, SD could.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Please pay attention, I said other than the Jets.

Ravens would probably beat us, SD could.

Me pay attention? Maybe you should pay attention to my post and you'll realize I did pay attention to yours. I simply restated we would beat the Jets, and everything else contradicted what you said. The Ravens would not beat us for sure. If you think that you are a pessimistic idiot. If our D came to play (which it almost always does at Arrowhead) we should win.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm glad we have already lost in the playoffs.

Some of you act like we have been there/done that.

This board has gone full stupid.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2010, 10:07 PM
You haven't seen the famous 12th man?

Did you even watch the opener?

Pablo
12-12-2010, 10:09 PM
The Chiefs play exponentially better at home than they do on the road. If this town gets a chance to host another playoff game, Arrowhead will be fucking nuts.

The MNF game was a blast. The crowd was crazy in a monsoon. If we have a playoff game, it will be MNF tenfold and I will be there contributing to my team.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm glad we have already lost in the playoffs.

Some of you act like we have been there/done that.

This board has gone full stupid.

I hope you're talking to the OP and not my replies. If so, I agree. Anyone who's counting us out of a game at Arrowhead is a fucking moron. We're 6-0 and have a few blowout wins already. The D always comes to play at home except for the 1st half against Jacksonville which had some BS calls in it. We're able to contend with almost anyone that potentially comes to Arrowhead in January.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 10:11 PM
The MNF game was a blast. The crowd was crazy in a monsoon. If we have a playoff game, it will be MNF tenfold and I will be there contributing to my team.

This x 1000000.

That place will be a fucking shit show, and I'll love every fucking second of it.

Gonzo
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Say my Aunt had testicles?

She'd be my Uncle!

This team won't do shit if they make the playoffs. That being said, I'm already happy with what they've accomplished and the rest of you should be too. Most of us were in agreement in the preseason that anything over 6-7 wins would be gravy.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75
You haven't seen the famous 12th man?

Did you even watch the opener?

Frank, watched all of it, we had some empty seats too if IRC. We held on for a win on a wet night. Impressive ? Not really since we won on ST's play, but a win. SD had momentum at the end, we did what we had to do.

Please explain the other home games ? Especially the Buffalo & Denver games .

Please ?

ROYC75

Ravens have a good D, would be a good game, but I'm not convinced we would win, please detail further.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:13 PM
The Chiefs play exponentially better at home than they do on the road. If this town gets a chance to host another playoff game, Arrowhead will be ****ing nuts.

OK, so Say SD comes back into town ? What say you, we win ?

WebGem
12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Frank, watched all of it, we had some empty seats too if IRC. We held on for a win on a wet night. Impressive ? Not really since we won on ST's play, but a win. SD had momentum at the end, we did what we had to do.

Please ?

Honestly, I think Denver and SD are bad matchups for us. We threw for under 70 yards in each of the SD games IIRC. San Diego is just too much talent, but it seems we might be a better team. Judging from the two Denver games, that again seems like a bad matchup. As for Buffalo, well they took Baltimore and Pittsburgh to overtime too, and lost a few other games by 3 pts and eventually started winning. I wouldn't worry too much, a win is a win. All the other home games were blowouts.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh boy here we go....

Just playing devils advocate to the homers.......

I expected many to still give me the Any Given Sunday crap.

I'm just laying it out there on what we have accomplished this year.

WebGem
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Ravens have a good D, would be a good game, but I'm not convinced we would win, please detail further.

I said we should win that one, not would win. Should = not convinced. You said the Ravens would win. Now you're just not convinced KC wins. Sorry buddy I win this argument.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Honestly, I think Denver and SD are bad matchups for us. We threw for under 70 yards in each of the SD games IIRC. San Diego is just too much talent, but it seems we might be a better team. Judging from the two Denver games, that again seems like a bad matchup. As for Buffalo, well they took Baltimore and Pittsburgh to overtime too, and lost a few other games by 3 pts and eventually started winning. I wouldn't worry too much, a win is a win. All the other home games were blowouts.

WOW....

SF = bad team
Jax = 3rd string back up off the street, we gave up 20 points .
Az = bad team.

Again, convince me.

Pablo
12-12-2010, 10:19 PM
OK, so Say SD comes back into town ? What say you, we win ?Yes. We'd be facing them in a raucous house, with frigid weather...for the 3rd time in one season, with Matt Cassel playing so our playbook wouldn't be totally dumbed the fuck down.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:21 PM
I said we should win that one, not would win. Should = not convinced. You said the Ravens would win. Now you're just not convinced KC wins. Sorry buddy I win this argument.

I said..... probably toast!

Does not mean we are.

But many on here are convinced we win 3 straight and a 1st round game.

I would love to see that too, I just don't see it with the team we have right now, even with a health Matt Cassell.

Again, look at who we have played and how they really turned out. Most impressive win = 1st game.
Most impressive road win ? That will grab ya by the balls real fast

Again, just convince me is all I ask.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Yes. We'd be facing them in a raucous house, with frigid weather...for the 3rd time in one season, with Matt Cassel playing so our playbook wouldn't be totally dumbed the **** down.

It helps, but it's no guaranteed win as some on here have chimed.

LaChapelle
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
A running team that can't make 3-1
has no business in the playoffs
that #1 running title has to be close to falling

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Wow, who really thinks the Chiefs are unbeatable at Arrowhead? Heck, at home, on the road, on the moon.... the Chiefs have a ton of weaknesses.

The point is that if the Chiefs get in, we have 'hope' to win a playoff game. If they don't get in the playoffs, we obviously have no hope of winning a playoff game.

Additionally, the Chiefs will get playoff experience. This is important as the team tries to progress.

Pushead2
12-12-2010, 10:33 PM
can we please get there first???

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow, who really thinks the Chiefs are unbeatable at Arrowhead? Heck, at home, on the road, on the moon.... the Chiefs have a ton of weaknesses.

The point is that if the Chiefs get in, we have 'hope' to win a playoff game. If they don't get in the playoffs, we obviously have no hope of winning a playoff game.

Additionally, the Chiefs will get playoff experience. This is important as the team tries to progress.

OK, thanks for yacking. We all as Chiefs fans want to get in the playoffs to have the chance, the players to get experience to build upon. Most of us here on CP that have been around here for some time or even lifelong fans as myself wish this.

As I stated in the OP, I want evidence as some of the posters on here have chimed that we will be in the playoffs and will win our 1st round game. Over the past 4 weeks, several have made this claim and I want them to speak up now.

I went on record as to why I do not feel what they feel. I have called out their homerism on this, again.

Again, do I wish for the Chiefs to do well ? Yes, just as I have every year since 1966.

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:40 PM

It would be nice! But I'm calling the ones out who were claiming this was all but done prior to this game. Before and after Cassell got hurt.

It could be past their bed time.

Crap, it may be past mine. Gotta work tomorrow.

Rausch
12-12-2010, 10:41 PM

THIS!

The Bad Guy
12-13-2010, 06:00 AM

Please ?

They were wins. I don't make any excuses for being undefeated at home.

It wasn't impressive since we won on a ST play? Whatttttttttt? So the Tamarick Vanover run back against SD on MNF wasn't an impressive win either?

You can't just cherrypick your definition of a win.

HonestChieffan
12-13-2010, 08:01 AM
We couldnt beat the Ravens if they started 8 guys. We have great potential but not there yet.

Slayer Diablo
12-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Home playoff game doesn't guarantee a win.

2003: Chiefs (13-3) vs Colts (12-4) @ Arrowhead

Granted different team, different coaches; still...we lost.

Case. Point. Closed.

Saulbadguy
12-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Fucking moron.

The Bad Guy
12-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I want to get to the playoffs. It doesn't mean we are going to win at home in them, but getting there would be nice. It would be a great building block for this team moving forward.

Brock
12-13-2010, 09:50 AM
It must really suck to have to look at it like this.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 09:56 AM
****ing moron.

So says the man ( or kid ) that has welshed on every bet I have every made with... 1 was bad, 2 was worst when I gave you a chance for redemption.

How many years has that been now ? BTW, you still moving ?

This KC team is what it is, a work in progress and the thread was worth posting to the ones who have every belief we will a playoff game this year if we play in Arrowhead.

I asked them for proof.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
I want to get to the playoffs. It doesn't mean we are going to win at home in them, but getting there would be nice. It would be a great building block for this team moving forward.

I agree Frank, it is a major step for the young players to experience. I want this as well, I was just calling out the posters who think we will win a game in Arrowhead.

If we play the Jets, I would almost guarantee a win, but I do remember a 9 - 7 Colts team that rings in my head everytime somebody claims we will win.

The Bad Guy
12-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree Frank, it is a major step for the young players to experience. I want this as well, I was just calling out the posters who think we will win a game in Arrowhead.

If we play the Jets, I would almost guarantee a win, but I do remember a 9 - 7 Colts team that rings in my head everytime somebody claims we will win.

I think we have a good chance to win at home. I don't necessarily think it's a lock but there's a good chance.

kaplin42
12-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Say we win the AFC West ? A Home Playoff game!

The game will go exactly as it did yesterday. Cassel is by far a better QB than Croyle, but teams will just stack the box and force us to beat them through the air. Cassel can do it, but can he do it under pressure.

I highly doubt it.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 10:23 AM
It must really suck to have to look at it like this.

Not really, I want to make it there as bad as any other Chiefs fan does. But the last 2 weeks ( I forget what thread it was ) a couple of young posters were shooting their fingers off that we would win a playoff game.

So after yesterdays debacle, I wanted to confront them.

With what I see, we are a team that is growing but ready to give us the feeling that the next level is in the bank.

Brock
12-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Not really, I want to make it there as bad as any other Chiefs fan does. But the last 2 weeks ( I forget what thread it was ) a couple of young posters were shooting their fingers off that we would win a playoff game.

So after yesterdays debacle, I wanted to confront them.

With what I see, we are a team that is growing but ready to give us the feeling that the next level is in the bank.

They're not good enough to win against tough teams on the road. It remains to be seen what they can do at home. First things first, they need to win out. If they do that, your viewpoint is going to change.

stevieray
12-13-2010, 11:28 AM
...why do teams kick ass all season long then play bad during the playoffs...why does a wildcard team who eeks into the playoffs win the SB? why does every good team get beat by a team that everyone considers not very good?

you say don't tell me any given Sunday, when that is the core reason the game is played to begin with...if you could go out and throw a perfect pass every time, or never drop a pass, why would you even bother?

...it's why the league looks at the playoffs as a new season.

anything can happen, and it usually does.

BigChiefFan
12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
If we play the way we are capable of, we can beat any team in the league. I'm glad the players don't have a loser's mentality. Have some faith.

ForeverChiefs58
12-13-2010, 11:36 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdUr5hF0yGc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdUr5hF0yGc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

JD10367
12-13-2010, 11:36 AM
There's a reason they have the expression, "Any given Sunday". Right now there are 19 teams over .500 or within one game of it at 6-7, and if the Vikes and Texans win tonight there'll be 21 teams in that group. Of those 21, I seriously think every one of them has enough good stuff that, if they play up to their potential, they can beat anyone in the playoffs--and, if they don't play up to their potential, they can lose to anyone in the playoffs. Sure, the more talent you have, the more margin of fuckupability you have, but if the conditions are right--a key turnover here, a key injury there--and anything's possible.

Despite yesterday's putrid shellacking, the Chiefs have important pieces in place. A strong run game. A quarterback who's minimizing his mistakes and playing efficiently. A smart coaching staff. A strong homefield advantage. There's absolutely no reason they can't beat anyone in these playoffs.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 11:50 AM
They're not good enough to win against tough teams on the road. It remains to be seen what they can do at home. First things first, they need to win out. If they do that, your viewpoint is going to change.

My view point is we are a young team in many areas that have to learn how to play in big games. So far, we are clearly having issues......

The next 3 games are BIG games. Let's see if they have learned anything.

pkane
12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
We beat Arizona 31-13 but you consider that a "FAIL" How in the world is an 18 point win a fail?

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
...why do teams kick ass all season long then play bad during the playoffs...why does a wildcard team who eeks into the playoffs win the SB? why does every good team get beat by a team that everyone considers not very good?

you say don't tell me any given Sunday, when that is the core reason the game is played to begin with...if you could go out and throw a perfect pass every time, or never drop a pass, why would you even bother?

...it's why the league looks at the playoffs as a new season.

anything can happen, and it usually does.

Again ( I wish I could recall who the 2 posters were ) said we would win. I was clearly showing how young of a team we have.

Being consistent would go a long way if we actually had any of it this year that was good.

I stand by my opinion of this being a team that is very young in some key areas and to win a playoff game in Arrowhead, we better see the Jets.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 11:57 AM
If we play the way we are capable of, we can beat any team in the league. I'm glad the players don't have a loser's mentality. Have some faith.

I see what I see, we could if we get the right draw. Beating anybody ? Nobody is playing any better than NE. Good thing we can not see them in Arrowhead.

As many have said, we have to get there first.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
There's a reason they have the expression, "Any given Sunday". Right now there are 19 teams over .500 or within one game of it at 6-7, and if the Vikes and Texans win tonight there'll be 21 teams in that group. Of those 21, I seriously think every one of them has enough good stuff that, if they play up to their potential, they can beat anyone in the playoffs--and, if they don't play up to their potential, they can lose to anyone in the playoffs. Sure, the more talent you have, the more margin of ****upability you have, but if the conditions are right--a key turnover here, a key injury there--and anything's possible.

Despite yesterday's putrid shellacking, the Chiefs have important pieces in place. A strong run game. A quarterback who's minimizing his mistakes and playing efficiently. A smart coaching staff. A strong homefield advantage. There's absolutely no reason they can't beat anyone in these playoffs.

So you are saying whoever it is, it's a lock ? If not, you are sying the same thing I am. I see only 1 team we can beat unless we change how we are playing right now. The year has not been a major confident builder if you really break it down.

stevieray
12-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Again ( I wish I could recall who the 2 posters were ) said we would win. I was clearly showing how young of a team we have.

Being consistent would go a long way if we actually had any of it this year that was good.

I stand by my opinion of this being a team that is very young in some key areas and to win a playoff game in Arrowhead, we better see the Jets.

and if that young team can win the division, then they are showing that they can be capable. there is no guarantee at this point in the rebuild.

I do know this. ..defending our running game in the cold @ Arrowhead won't be easy.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
We beat Arizona 31-13 but you consider that a "FAIL" How in the world is an 18 point win a fail?

It was AZ. at home, hardly a tough team, so we beat the " Any Given Sunday " rule..... Barely beat Buffalo and Denver at home, any excuses?

stevieray
12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Barely beat Buffalo and Denver at home, any excuses?
barely beat is not an anomoly. it happens every week in every sport. it is not indicitive of future performance, especially a team sport.

the last thirteen games are gone, done, history. they have no bearing on anything other than the stat line.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
and if that young team can win the division, then they are showing that they can be capable. there is no guarantee at this point in the rebuild.

I do know this. ..defending our running game in the cold @ Arrowhead won't be easy.

It's a big plus for sure. Again, I'm still looking for the 2 posters early last week that claimed we would win in KC when we make the playoffs. There are many Chiefs fans wondering today if we will make the playoffs.

Like I said, As a life long fan of KC since 1966, I want to win as much as any body. I just don't see us have the consistency that would guarantee a win.

pkane
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
It was AZ. at home, hardly a tough team, so we beat the " Any Given Sunday " rule..... Barely beat Buffalo and Denver at home, any excuses?

I don't understand your logic. Beat Arizona by 18 but they are a "bad' team so it doesn't mean much. Beat Buffalo, yes it took overtime but still won, but that doesn't mean much either. Beat a divisional opp in Denver, but not by enough, so that win just doesn't mean to much.

Wins are wins and we are protecting our home field. Would you have rather us lose those games? I would bet not.

To answer your question, yes I think we can win a playoff game at home and it doesn't just have to be the Jets.

MahiMike
12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
I always wonder about this with all wannabe teams. They're all struggling just to make it to the playoffs. But really, what's the point? For now, it's just to get experience. Hopefully win 1 game before getting blown out. As long as the Steelers and Patriots have their QBs healthy, everyone else is an also-ran.

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't understand your logic. Beat Arizona by 18 but they are a "bad' team so it doesn't mean much. Beat Buffalo, yes it took overtime but still won, but that doesn't mean much either. Beat a divisional opp in Denver, but not by enough, so that win just doesn't mean to much.

Wins are wins and we are protecting our home field. Would you have rather us lose those games? I would bet not.

To answer your question, yes I think we can win a playoff game at home and it doesn't just have to be the Jets.

Of course we can, 1st we have to make it. Then we need to find out who it is, at the way we are playing the last 2 weeks, anybody other than the Jets and we are toast , barring any real improvement.

Winning the next 3 would give us a boost, is it enough ? Time will tell.

Our schedule this year was so ridiculously weak and we still can't field a consistent team?

ROYC75
12-13-2010, 12:36 PM
I always wonder about this with all wannabe teams. They're all struggling just to make it to the playoffs. But really, what's the point? For now, it's just to get experience. Hopefully win 1 game before getting blown out. As long as the Steelers and Patriots have their QBs healthy, everyone else is an also-ran.

It will come down to the Steelers at the Pats ..... Dang it, will NE win another one ?:banghead: