PDA

View Full Version : Football Woody out for year / Jets freefall

Amnorix
12-13-2010, 03:56 PM
You guys can analyze better than I what the Chiefs chances are for getting a wildcard slot, but I hear that Woody is going to be on IR and out for the rest of the year, which means a weak/depleted Jets OLine which isn't protecting Sanchez well is only going to get worse.

With the Jets playing the Steelers and Bears in the coming weeks, they could go into a complete freefall, and lose 2/3, and perhaps even to the feisty Bills.

As this impacts the wildcard chances of the AFC West/South teams that probably thought a W-C slot was out of the question as of a few weeks ago, I thought it worth mentioning

Chief Chief
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Woody Hayes?

Hydrae
12-13-2010, 04:12 PM
The announcers in the game where you guys beat the heck out of them mentioned that they had seen this before with the Jets and they just folded their tents after this kind of late season humiliation. After seeing how they did yesterday at home against Miami I am starting to believe it. They may not win again this season.

12-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Um, the Jets havent been able to run the ball for the last 7 weeks. but insist on their stoopid ass ground and pound philosophy.

If the Jets lose to the Steelers they will lose out. they have to stop the bleeding now. and looking at Rex at the presser today, he looks like he bought into his own bs.

The Jets should have played an even keel all season. dont get too high when you're winning, and dont get too low when you're losing. it appears they have taken both to the extremes after pumping up a pink elephant all year.

12-13-2010, 04:49 PM
And I might add if the Jets lose out, ESPN might start picking on Rex like they did with Kotite 14 years ago.

Amnorix
12-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Woody Hayes?

Damien Woody, former Patriot, Center/Guard, former Pro Bowler, and one of the few remaining (though not anymore) good players on the Jets line, which is rapidly turning into Nick Mangold (who is excellent) and four cheerleaders.

Amnorix
12-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Um, the Jets havent been able to run the ball for the last 7 weeks. but insist on their stoopid ass ground and pound philosophy.

Great quote on a Jets board:

"ground and pound has turned into chuck and suck."

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Jerm
12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Karma's a bitch....

12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Damien Woody, former Patriot, Center/Guard, former Pro Bowler, and one of the few remaining (though not anymore) good players on the Jets line, which is rapidly turning into Nick Mangold (who is excellent) and four cheerleaders.

D Brick and Mangold are good, the rest are garbage. they let Faneca go and havent been able to run the ball since. he also had an attitude. the entire line was pissed when he got let go.

Amnorix
12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
And I might add if the Jets lose out, ESPN might start picking on Rex like they did with Kotite 14 years ago.

Worse. Because Rex has drawn a great big series of concentric circles on his chest.

I actually don't dislike him as a person or coach. If he wasn't coaching the Jets, I might root for the guy. He is refreshingly....refreshing. But yeah, he sets himself up for roasting if his team doesn't meet the lofty expectations that he loudly boasts about.

Amnorix
12-13-2010, 04:58 PM
D Brick and Mangold are good, the rest are garbage. they let Faneca go and havent been able to run the ball since. he also had an attitude. the entire line was pissed when he got let go.

I'm very convinced, at this point, that the Patriots' Logan Mankins is FAR mroe key to our team/offense than I thought. I knew he was really good, but in addition to the Moss/Branch swap of two months ago, Mankins has returned and we are running the ball and pass blocking MUCH better.

Da Brick isn't bad. Ia gree, he's no cheerleader. Not sure he's worth the #4 pick you spent on him (IIRC), but he's certainly not bad. Mangold -- that guy is GOOD.

12-13-2010, 04:58 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

See, I never bought into the horseshit Rex has been saying. and TBH if they hadnt been talking all that shit, being 9-4 right now wouldnt be that bad. but they're the ones that made this monster, and now theyre gonna have to take all the shit being thrown back at them.

Amnorix
12-13-2010, 04:59 PM

ROFL at your avatar. Rep.

Amnorix
12-13-2010, 05:00 PM
See, I never bought into the horseshit Rex has been saying. and TBH if they hadnt been talking all that shit, being 9-4 right now wouldnt be that bad. but they're the ones that made this monster, and now theyre gonna have to take all the shit being thrown back at them.

Yep. 9-4 is a very respectable record. But they have a tough slate left and 9-7 or 10-6 is gonna get them creamed.

I gotta say, Sanchez seems to be melting down. WTF is going on there? He doesn't seem accurate, which is a HUGE Problem for an NFL QB. Glad to see it, of course, but it's a real problem.

12-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Worse. Because Rex has drawn a great big series of concentric circles on his chest.

I actually don't dislike him as a person or coach. If he wasn't coaching the Jets, I might root for the guy. He is refreshingly....refreshing. But yeah, he sets himself up for roasting if his team doesn't meet the lofty expectations that he loudly boasts about.

You have to understand, he doesnt act like a professional. so why should the players or other coaches act like professionals? he sets a bad example for all of them. and most importantly he is representing the NY Jets organization. which right now looks like a ****ing joke with this Alosi shit going on.

12-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Yep. 9-4 is a very respectable record. But they have a tough slate left and 9-7 or 10-6 is gonna get them creamed.

I gotta say, Sanchez seems to be melting down. WTF is going on there? He doesn't seem accurate, which is a HUGE Problem for an NFL QB. Glad to see it, of course, but it's a real problem.

The Jets lead the league in 1st down rushing attempts at 64%. he is being put in obvious passing situations now because the offense is so predictable. he had a similar melt down last year, but the Jets running game bailed him out. this year they have no running game.

Dante84
12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I heard that it was depression related...

stevieray
12-13-2010, 05:28 PM
The Jets lead the league in 1st down rushing attempts at 64%. he is being put in obvious passing situations now because the offense is so predictable. he had a similar melt down last year, but the Jets running game bailed him out. this year they have no running game.
when they (NFL)switched over he was on the sideline, I was listening to the Chiefs post game radio show..what was up? did he get pulled?

FD
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM

Yep. Schottenheimer will be out of a job soon unless a miracle happens.

munkey
12-13-2010, 05:52 PM

...Thomas Jones...They should have kept him...funny

Brock
12-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Rex is fat and stupid.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Rex is fat and stupid.

Not a good combo

Saul Good
12-13-2010, 06:08 PM

Sanchez is 2-3 throws away from the Jets being 7-6 or 6-7 and him being considered a disaster. If it weren't for a lot of luck and some good defensive plays, he might never have been in a position to throw those passes. The Jets will likely finish 10-6 and should consider themselves fortunate that their record isn't worse.

Gadzooks
12-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Poor Woody
http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/woody.jpg

Gadzooks
12-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Poor Woody
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uh_WxTN_10M/SW889hAcvBI/AAAAAAAAAFo/JcakgaLCoDE/s400/woody+allen.jpg

Gadzooks
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Poor Woody
http://buzzlightyeartoy.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/woody-toy-story.jpg

Gadzooks
12-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Poor Woody
http://www.theanimationblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/woody-woodpecker.jpg

Gadzooks
12-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Poor Woody
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/5a601494-7c2d-4513-9ff4-0107021c4b80.grid-4x2.jpg

ClevelandBronco
12-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Poor Woody
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/5a601494-7c2d-4513-9ff4-0107021c4b80.grid-4x2.jpg

If you post Favre's woody, I'm out of here.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Rex is fat and stupid.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bK-Dqj4fHmM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bK-Dqj4fHmM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dante84
12-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Poor Woody
http://buzzlightyeartoy.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/woody-toy-story.jpg

repost.

Gadzooks
12-13-2010, 06:30 PM
repost.

Yeah, saw that. Sorry. How aboot this?
Poor Woody
http://www.iill.net/wp-content/uploads/images/woody-johnson.jpg

BigMeatballDave
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFLLMAO

Al Bundy
12-13-2010, 06:34 PM
nyjets New York Jets
by JasonLaCanfora
#EA Sal Alosi has been suspended for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay. He has also been fined $25K.

12-13-2010, 07:06 PM
when they (NFL)switched over he was on the sideline, I was listening to the Chiefs post game radio show..what was up? did he get pulled?
No, Rex didnt pull him. but he later said he was thinking about it. he's a dope, he doesnt know wtf he's doing.
...Thomas Jones...They should have kept him...funny

That's funny, I like TJ and wanted to keep him, especially with no fucking cap this year.. Greene is a china doll and LT hasnt done shit in 7 weeks.

WebGem
12-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Fuck a wild card. We're winning the West.

Archie F. Swin
12-13-2010, 08:04 PM
woody paige?