PDA

View Full Version : News Man opens fire during school board meeting

CoMoChief
12-15-2010, 12:06 AM
WTF is this world coming to? :shake:

Just saw the video on Fox News. JFC

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14/official-gunman-killed-fla-school-meeting/

The VIDEO:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0A8o0s2zsi4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0A8o0s2zsi4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Published December 15, 2010

A gunman calmly walked to a podium, spray painted a red "V'' with a circle around it on a wall and opened fire at school board members Tuesday, sending people scrambling and diving for cover. A security guard soon ran in, exchanged shots with and wounded the man who then killed himself, police said.

The school superintendent who calmly confronted the gunman who threatened to shoot him during the meeting said God protected him when Clay A. Duke opened fire

"It could have been a monumental tragedy," Bay Schools Superintendent Bill Husfelt said late Tuesday, wearing a sweat shirt and pajama bottoms, surrounded by his family. With a Christmas tree as backdrop, he said, "God was standing in front of me and I will go to my grave believing that."

"We could tell by the look in his eyes that this wasn't going to end well," Husfelt said.

Despite several shots being fired, no one else was hit. In video of the clash that lasted several minutes, Duke dispassionately confronts the Bay District school board, telling everyone in the room to leave except the men on the board. Duke, who was wearing a dark pullover coat, stands about 8 feet directly in front of the board with the gun at his side.

Husfelt tries to persuade him to drop the gun. Duke suggests that his wife had been fired from the district, but won't tell Husfelt or the board who she is or her job. Members promise to help her find a new job, but Duke just shakes his head. Husfelt tells Duke he would be responsible for her dismissal, so the board members should be allowed to leave.

"I've got a feeling you want the cops to come in and kill you because you said you are going to die today," Husfelt tells Duke. He then tells him that this isn't worth it.

The 56-year-old slowly and deliberately raises the gun and levels it Husfelt, who pleads "Please don't, please don't." Duke then fires two shots that miss, followed by several others that didn't hit the half-dozen or so people still left in the room.

Before he started shooting, member Ginger Littleton, who had left the room as ordered, sneaks up behind Duke as he stands next to the long, beige desk where the board was sitting and whacks him on the arm with her large, brown purse made of an alligator-like material.

"In my mind, that was the last attempt or opportunity to divert him," she told The Associated Press.

Duke, a large, heavyset man, got angry, turned around, and she fell to the floor and board members pleaded with her to stop. Duke pointed the gun at her head and said, "You stupid b----" but he didn't shoot her, she said. She's not sure why.

"He had every opportunity to take me out," she said.

After Duke, an ex-convict, fired and missed Husfelt, district security chief and former police officer Mike Jones ran in and shot Duke, it appears in the video in the leg or side.

Duke then fatally shot himself, police Sgt. Jeff Becker said. The video shows a distraught Jones, with his gun at his side, being comforted by colleagues as he says he had never shot anyone before. SWAT officers then storm the room and order everyone onto the ground. School officials tell them that Duke is shot and appears dead. His feet can be seen near the board's seats.

"It was so surreal. You couldn't believe it was going on. He said his wife was fired, but we really don't know what he was talking about. I don't think he knew what he was talking about," Husfelt told The Associated Press at his Panama City home.

Minutes before Duke got up, the room had been filled with students receiving awards, he said.

As for the V inside a circle that Duke painted, it's the same symbol used in the graphic novel series and movie "V for Vendetta."

After everything stopped with Duke lying shot on the floor, some board members speculated that the bullets weren't real. But police say Duke's gun was real — and the video shows papers flying up on Husfelt's desk. He said two bullet holes were found in the wall behind his seat.

State prison records show Duke was charged in October 1999 with aggravated stalking, shooting or throwing a missile into a building or vehicle and obstructing justice. He was convicted and sentenced in January 2000 to five years in prison but was released in January 2004. They also show that Duke was a licensed massage therapist before his arrest.

Attorney Ben Bollinger, who represented Duke during his trial, told The News Herald of Panama City that Duke was waiting in the woods for his wife with a rifle, wearing a mask and a bulletproof vest. She confronted him and then tried to leave in a vehicle, and Duke shot the tires. He said that as part of his sentence, Duke was required to complete psychological counseling. Bollinger did not immediately return a phone message from the AP.

News Herald reporter Daniel Carson told his paper that he had noticed the man during the meeting and he didn't appear agitated.

"The guy obviously had a death wish," district spokeswoman Karen Tucker said.

Tommye Lou Richardson, the school district's personnel director, who was at the meeting, called Jones a hero for his actions.

12-15-2010, 12:10 AM
JFC.

Bugeater
12-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Huh, it sure looked like he hit that first dude.

Bugeater
12-15-2010, 12:15 AM
needs to be more shit like this happening. . people have become to complacent..
:facepalm:

WebGem
12-15-2010, 12:17 AM

?

12-15-2010, 12:18 AM
needs to be more shit like this happening. . people have become to complacent..Speaking of dumbasses.

Bugeater
12-15-2010, 12:18 AM
?
If you knew that poster's history, you'd understand.

Edit: Here's all you need to know about him.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154447

CaliforniaChief
12-15-2010, 12:20 AM

Bannable? Or just time for a red rep carpet-bombing?

That's just a horrible take. Those are real people trying to make their school system better.

Awesome Aric
12-15-2010, 12:22 AM
fuckin donk stupid red and yellow red and yellow red and yellow donk fuck hate ass shit donks dungver ass

Bugeater
12-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow, the dumbfucks are out in full force tonight. Just fucking wow.

12-15-2010, 12:26 AM
It's not even a full moon either.

CaliforniaChief
12-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Here's what happened before the shooting. Watch the lady try to take him down from behind. Not a good move. Really lucky lady.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/12/14/vo.florida.school.shooting.WJHG?hpt=T1

Sure-Oz
12-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Did anyone hear about the denmon shooting at marcus cousins funeral today

so much damn violence

Bugeater
12-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Here's what happened before the shooting. Watch the lady try to take him down from behind. Not a good move. Really lucky lady.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/12/14/vo.florida.school.shooting.WJHG?hpt=T1
The fuck was she thinking? :eek:

CaliforniaChief
12-15-2010, 12:32 AM

fuckin donk stupid red and yellow red and yellow red and yellow donk fuck hate ass shit donks dungver ass

Two good examples of why school boards are good things and should be protected.

12-15-2010, 12:33 AM
The **** was she thinking? :eek:Not that I think she made a good decision but it took guts to try.

CaliforniaChief
12-15-2010, 12:34 AM
The fuck was she thinking? :eek:

I hope she went and bought a group of lottery tickets after that was over.

The amazing thing to me was the calm way the two men acted towards the guy. Not that it stopped the guy from shooting, but I don't think they could have handled it any better than they did.

Jenson71
12-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Not that I think she made a good decision but it took guts to try.

Yeah, guts/stupidity was there. If you're going to do that, you need to get a brick or a baseball bat and aim to crush the skull.

Bugeater
Not that I think she made a good decision but it took guts to try.
There's a fine line between guts and pure stupidity. I can understand her wanting to do something but for god's sake you need to come up with a better plan than THAT. Holy shit.

johnny961

Nothing justifies this kind of horrid act. Only a complete idiot would think otherwise.

12-15-2010, 12:36 AM
There's a fine line between guts and pure stupidity. I can understand her wanting to do something but for god's sake you need to come up with a better plan than THAT. Holy shit.No doubt about that.

Awesome Aric
Two good examples of why school boards are good things and should be protected.

I just hate donks and dungver and 10 6 and josh macdaniels stupiud idiot and kyle orton and urhg

Pushead2
wow.....

CaliforniaChief
12-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I just hate donks and dungver and 10 6 and josh macdaniels stupiud idiot and kyle orton and urhg

You'd better stop drinking before Perrish Cox gets word and drops in.

Awesome Aric
12-15-2010, 12:39 AM
You'd better stop drinking before Perrish Cox gets word and drops in.

ughhh and perash cock dude he fuckin blows and hes a rookie not too mention rapistberger call up PIT LOL fuckin stupid ass if hes guilty throw him away for life say bye to your careeer bitch

Frazod
12-15-2010, 12:39 AM

It's amazing that he missed with that first shot. Apparently he was crazy and blind. Hell, my wife wouldn't miss from that distance.

Oh, and it's nice to see NY58 got paroled. Actually, not really.

Pushead2
12-15-2010, 12:41 AM
ughhh and perash cock dude he ****in blows and hes a rookie not too mention rapistberger call up PIT LOL ****in stupid ass if hes guilty throw him away for life say bye to your careeer bitch

Have you ever heard of a comma or a period?

Awesome Aric
Have you ever heard of a comma or a period?

dude look above my name I AM A STARTER you cannot talk down to me im not a NOOB

Buck
That fucking guy is an idiot and I'm glad he's dead.

Jenson71
12-15-2010, 12:43 AM
dude look above my name I AM A STARTER you cannot talk down to me im not a NOOB

That'd be below your name. I know, I know, directions are tough to figure out.

Slayer Diablo

Definitely looked like it the first couple times, but if you watch the papers closely, it seems the bullet just missed his left arm. He was probably backing up his chair while rotating his upperbody, too, which saved him from needing some serious stitches.

I'd think the shooter must've been on something. It's a good thing he missed and the hostages were safe; still, I'd have to ask...who misses from that distance? A guy who reportedly shot out his wife's tires would likely be able to hit someone from, what was that...7 yards?

CaliforniaChief
ughhh and perash cock dude he fuckin blows and hes a rookie not too mention rapistberger call up PIT LOL fuckin stupid ass if hes guilty throw him away for life say bye to your careeer bitch

New medication? Change your therapist?

Chiefshrink
12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
The Milkman apparently ran out of his prozac.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
WHAT HAPPENED HERE WAS A FUCKING MIRACLE AND I WANT YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT!!

johnny961
12-15-2010, 12:51 AM
It's amazing that he missed with that first shot. Apparently he was crazy and blind. Hell, my wife wouldn't miss from that distance.

I don’t see how the hell the gunman missed from that close either. Thankfully though that nutcase didn't kill anybody but himself.

Sassy Squatch
12-15-2010, 12:53 AM
That is fucking sad...... What was he trying to commit? Death by cop but there is a term for it.

Sure-Oz
12-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Took it off work mode to see the video, absolutely nuts, and those people were very very lucky. WTF was that lady thinkin with her weak ass attempt, wow

TimeForWasp
12-15-2010, 12:55 AM
It looked to me that he missed on purpose. I think he was committing suicide and wanting to scare the shit out of them in the process. He aimed at first then it looked like he moved the gun to just barely miss the first guy. No way he would have missed on all those shots.

Bugeater
12-15-2010, 12:57 AM
That is fucking sad...... What was he trying to commit? Death by cop but there is a term for it.
"Suicide by cop"

Sassy Squatch
12-15-2010, 12:58 AM
"Suicide by cop"
He was probably trying to commit this. He was either fucked up on drugs, or wasnt really going to harm anyone. Not shooting the lady who hit him makes it seem like the latter. Or he is a VERY BAD SHOT.

Phobia
12-15-2010, 01:24 AM

It was a blank. He fired blanks at people and real rounds into the furniture.

DaneMcCloud
12-15-2010, 01:30 AM
:facepalm:

This piece of shit needs to be banned immediately.

Come the FUCK on.

TinyEvel
12-15-2010, 01:48 AM
WTF was that lady thinkin with her weak ass attempt, wow

What do you mean? She had just completed the Ruth Buzzi School of Self Defense!

DaneMcCloud
12-15-2010, 01:56 AM
What do you mean? She had just completed the Ruth Buzzi School of Self Defense!

Considering that most people here don't remember iconic Chiefs such as Gary Spani, Gary Barbaro or Jack Rudney, I'm guessing they'll miss out on Ruth Buzzi.

:deevee:

It sucks getting old.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2010, 02:07 AM
skin that smokewagon

Lumpy
12-15-2010, 02:23 AM
First off, this guy couldn't aim worth a shit! What was with that 2nd shot into the floor? Secondly, I just watched the vid of the lady hitting the gunman in the arm with her purse. WTF was she thinking?! You don't do that! You grab something heavy, like a fuggin' fire extenguisher and you swing that bitch as hard as you can against his skull! GAHHHHHHHH!! She is damn lucky he didn't shoot her!

All I know is more shit like this is going to occur if our economy doesn't bounce back.

kysirsoze
12-15-2010, 04:09 AM
That ****ing guy is an idiot and I'm glad he's dead.

Awesome Aric is DEAD!?!?! :crybaby:

CrazyPhuD
12-15-2010, 04:41 AM
The sad thing is when shit like this happens people are going to be asking for more gun control. The fucked up bit is given his record(how could that not be a felony or at least domestic violence), how the hell did he even get a gun in the first place. That's where the system failed....

kcxiv
12-15-2010, 05:09 AM
It looked to me that he missed on purpose. I think he was committing suicide and wanting to scare the shit out of them in the process. He aimed at first then it looked like he moved the gun to just barely miss the first guy. No way he would have missed on all those shots.

yeah, dude was ready to leave this earth. Thats the ONLY explanation. He knew that he was going to die on that day.

Glad the board members were not injured. That dude can rest in piss.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Did anyone hear about the denmon shooting at marcus cousins funeral today

so much damn violence

Really?

surprised there isnt a thread discussing it... Kansas City has some serious f'ed up violence up there...

Bugeater
12-15-2010, 07:10 AM
give me an infraction again or ban me and see what happens. . ill have this site soooooo fucked. . .haha. . now thats a threat. . try me fucker. .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pX9R9Y1t2BA/StlFPHmbVwI/AAAAAAAAAF4/-9TLBi6WaPM/s400/waiting.jpg

siberian khatru
12-15-2010, 07:13 AM
I work at The News Herald and I know most of the people involved (except for the shooter). I know the superintendent, Husfelt, very well.

We heard on the police scanner yesterday afternoon "Gunman at the School Board meeting" and things got really interesting for about an hour. Scanner reports initially said multiple shooting victims. Thankfully, that proved to be wrong.

Stanley Nickels
12-15-2010, 07:19 AM
I work at The News Herald and I know most of the people involved (except for the shooter). I know the superintendent, Husfelt, very well.

We heard on the police scanner yesterday afternoon "Gunman at the School Board meeting" and things got really interesting for about an hour. Scanner reports initially said multiple shooting victims. Thankfully, that proved to be wrong.

Not to be a pedant-- this is an honest question-- do police officers only consider "shooting victims" people who were actually shot? The only reason I ask that is, I could see police extending the definition of "victims" to include those who were threatened and shot at, in the interest of prolong someone's sentence in situations like this (except, of course, when the person shoots themselves).

WhitiE
12-15-2010, 07:21 AM
ok. . u done ****ed up now. . im signing of this site and in a matter of time all of u will be too :) .. .

enjoy it while it last

Dear NY58,

You have received an infraction at ChiefsPlanet.

Reason: Threatened Other Member(s)
-------
Let's see what you've got.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7259866
Quote:
give me an infraction again or ban me and see what happens. . ill have this site soooooo ****ed. . .haha. . now thats a threat. . try me ****er. .
All the best,
ChiefsPlanet

quick! undo! undo!

Stanley Nickels
12-15-2010, 07:23 AM
ok. . u done ****ed up now. . im signing of this site and in a matter of time all of u will be too :) .. .

enjoy it while it last

Dear NY58,

-------
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
Quote:
give me an infraction again or ban me and see what happens. . ill have this site soooooo ****ed. . .haha. . now thats a threat. . try me ****er. .
All the best,
ChiefsPlanet

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/174819-3/Woman_handbag_handgunman.gif? (http://4gifs.com)

Sassy Squatch
12-15-2010, 07:28 AM
ok. . u done fucked up now. . im signing of this site and in a matter of time all of u will be too :) .. .

enjoy it while it last

Dear NY58,

-------
-------

Original Post:
Quote:
All the best,
ChiefsPlanet

tyton75
12-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Stuff like this makes me think that more of the "good" people should be arming themselves.. If that chick with the purse would have had a gun..this wouldn't have been an issue.

(let the Gun control riot begin!)

HonestChieffan
12-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Any board member who sees this and does not go get his or her Concealed Carry is nuts. People are nuts, a certain % of the population is batshit crazy. Being in a public position like a school board makes you a target. Unarmed makes you an easy target.

Pushead2
12-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Stuff like this makes me think that more of the "good" people should be arming themselves.. If that chick with the purse would have had a gun..this wouldn't have been an issue.

(let the Gun control riot begin!)

Straight up Sons of Anarchy gun showdown style.

siberian khatru
12-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Not to be a pedant-- this is an honest question-- do police officers only consider "shooting victims" people who were actually shot? The only reason I ask that is, I could see police extending the definition of "victims" to include those who were threatened and shot at, in the interest of prolong someone's sentence in situations like this (except, of course, when the person shoots themselves).

When they announce it over a scanner, they're not splitting hairs. They honestly believe there are gunshot wounds and they want medical assistance sent.

blaise
12-15-2010, 08:08 AM
ughhh and perash cock dude he ****in blows and hes a rookie not too mention rapistberger call up PIT LOL ****in stupid ass if hes guilty throw him away for life say bye to your careeer bitch

Now, were you born with cow shit for brains, or were they manually added later in life?

Radar Chief
12-15-2010, 08:43 AM

enjoy it while it last

Dear NY58,

-------
-------

Original Post:
Quote:
All the best,
ChiefsPlanet

So, when exactly is that going to be?
I want to make sure I withdraw my casino cash before this place goes tits up.

Molitoth
12-15-2010, 08:44 AM
So, when exactly is that going to be?
I want to make sure I withdraw my casino cash before this place goes tits up.

LMAO

blaise
12-15-2010, 08:45 AM
I bet NY58 just smashed his own computer and thinks that killed every website.

Bwana
12-15-2010, 08:52 AM

Lighten up Francis

http://www.morethings.com/fan/bill_murray/stripes/bill_murray-stripes1981-1330.jpg

Buehler445
12-15-2010, 09:05 AM
There's a fine line between guts and pure stupidity. I can understand her wanting to do something but for god's sake you need to come up with a better plan than THAT. Holy shit.

No shit. Grab a chair or stab him in the neck with a pencil or something. ANYTHING better than a purse. Unless you have a shotput in it.

So what's with the V thing? Does that have any meaning or did he just steal it from V for Vendetta.

Al Bundy
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM

enjoy it while it last

Dear NY58,

-------
-------

Original Post:
Quote:
All the best,
ChiefsPlanet

Fish
12-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Obviously not a big loss to society there. It's just too bad he had to traumatize everyone else in the process.

WebGem
12-15-2010, 09:53 AM

ROFL

Iowanian
12-15-2010, 09:56 AM
It's really fortunate that noone else was hurt.

I admire that lady having the nerve to go in and make an attempt....she was OUT of danger and went back in. It was stupid and her method of violence may leave a little to be desired, but she absolutely risked her life to go whack him with her K mart Lipstick bag.

This video should be the response given to anyone who questions WHY a law abiding citizen needs a CCW permit.

L.A. Chieffan
12-15-2010, 10:02 AM
WHAT HAPPENED HERE WAS A FUCKING MIRACLE AND I WANT YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT!!

ever seen that show "COPS?" I was watchin' it once and this cop was on it who was talkin' about this time he got into this gun fight with some guy in a hallway. He unloads on this guy and he doesn't hit anything. And these guys were in a hallway. It's a freak, but it happens.

vailpass
12-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Good on that security guard.

-King-
12-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Holy fuck that lady was stupid as shit! Really? You're going to swing your purse at him? Really? That's your plan? She's real lucky she didn't get shot.

I can't lie, I would have probably started laughing if I was one of the 6 men up there. A "WTF? Really?" kind of laugh.

That had to be the stupidest thing ever.

Stanley Nickels
12-15-2010, 10:19 AM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/174819-3/Woman_handbag_handgunman.gif? (http://4gifs.com)

Rain Man
12-15-2010, 10:49 AM
If her purse had been made out of real alligator instead of an alligator-like material, I bet that would have worked.

Seriously, hitting him with your purse? Just grab the gun. I appreciate the courage, but just grab the gun.

-King-
12-15-2010, 10:56 AM
If her purse had been made out of real alligator instead of an alligator-like material, I bet that would have worked.

Seriously, hitting him with your purse? Just grab the gun. I appreciate the courage, but just grab the gun.

Or grab by the neck with your arm.

...shit...something, anything! Just don't do something as stupid as what she did.

Slayer Diablo
12-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I had to laugh a little at this...

News Herald (http://www.newsherald.com/news/husfelt-89344-mike-duke.html)

Husfelt said while security procedures will be reviewed, and perhaps enhanced, he believes the board will approach it reasonably.

"We don't want to overreact," he said. "We don't want to have TSA checking people when they go in. That's not what this country is about."

Iowanian
12-15-2010, 11:09 AM
What he should have said was "This won't be an issue again, because I'll have my new Kimber .45 in my waistband"

Also, I'm waiting for the Neg Rep Gif to be made out of the clip of her hitting him with the bag and him slapping her with the pimp hand.

acarter25
12-15-2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?has_verified=1&v=wQjQOlJvMzE&ytsession=ebHTJ2WI2-um0i_JDUWLTMWUzb62NQdtV8Dsn9DBYVTa4LwyTzR9Ni2CRyQzx5aiSdRwMp4iYwQq-kvzd4e_c1dpX4ehNEXr1d2r9stY1Pl6sRZ6sbWPQ3BgcdVnDIXEHu-x10Yje3LurP5rl83D6OKXuucwlcjvp5AryCryeQAeI5vkZq9xvJ3AJqFZeZFl_n75yMXUdE-x0eMUV73OEYx3LIkJWM6upPUZxtG0zg79OzBf15vfgCZRHoOr5eQKST-hZ3diWv8-ILyY1NamNIHxk_AvjjBqi7h6LUiM-h-5WLTyScSaHlDJCb6WSl0v

There's the full length. I want to know where the security was at? In this video you can hear a few officers trying to come in and one of them says, "no, I think we're just gonna wait a while." Hm, some security officer.

hawkchief
12-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Gotta love how the Superintendent told his pals after the shooting that he "knew" that the guy was blasting caps - no bullets. Dude, check the wall, all those round things are called "bullet holes". Dude was trying to act all calm, cool and collected - Sigmund Freud. He had no absolutely no idea he just escaped death, too busy trying to look like a tough know-it-all.

WebGem
12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?has_verified=1&v=wQjQOlJvMzE&ytsession=ebHTJ2WI2-um0i_JDUWLTMWUzb62NQdtV8Dsn9DBYVTa4LwyTzR9Ni2CRyQzx5aiSdRwMp4iYwQq-kvzd4e_c1dpX4ehNEXr1d2r9stY1Pl6sRZ6sbWPQ3BgcdVnDIXEHu-x10Yje3LurP5rl83D6OKXuucwlcjvp5AryCryeQAeI5vkZq9xvJ3AJqFZeZFl_n75yMXUdE-x0eMUV73OEYx3LIkJWM6upPUZxtG0zg79OzBf15vfgCZRHoOr5eQKST-hZ3diWv8-ILyY1NamNIHxk_AvjjBqi7h6LUiM-h-5WLTyScSaHlDJCb6WSl0v

There's the full length. I want to know where the security was at? In this video you can hear a few officers trying to come in and one of them says, "no, I think we're just gonna wait a while." Hm, some security officer.

Fuck that guy

WebGem
12-15-2010, 12:56 PM
So has anyone heard about if his wife was actually fired and why she was fired?

Buck
12-15-2010, 12:57 PM
So did NY58 destroy the site?

I gave him the original infraction FWIW.

WebGem
12-15-2010, 01:00 PM
The armed man shown in the now famous Florida school board shooting video has been identified as Clay Duke. Duke, a 56 year male, apparently had an unhealthy obsession with the movie and graphic novel V For Vendetta. References to the film can be found all over his Facebook page.

Video of the incident shows Duke spray painting the "V" symbol associated with comic book author Alan Moore's famous anti-hero V onto a wall located behind the group of stunned school board members he held hostage. Duke used the same symbol as his profile picture on Facebook. His Facebook page also contains a poem paying tribute to Guy Fawkes, the same poem that is referenced in Moore's graphic novel, and was later popularized by the Wachowski brother's film adaptation. Fawkes is famous for attempting to use gun powder to blow up the British House of Parliament back in the 1600's. In V for Vendetta, V emulates Fawke's plot in more successful and explosive fashion.

Clay Duke seems to have imagined himself as a modern day Guy Fawkes, describing his political views as "freedom fighter" on his Facebook profile. "I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population," he wrote. His words echo opinions expressed by Moore, a self described anarchist. In a 2007 interview with Infoshop News, Moore described modern capitalist and communist societies as badly developed anarchist systems where the "biggest gang" ruled. With this in mind, it's easy to see why Duke could so easily relate to Moore's work.

Buehler445
12-15-2010, 01:02 PM
No shit. Grab a chair or stab him in the neck with a pencil or something. ANYTHING better than a purse. Unless you have a shotput in it.

So what's with the V thing? Does that have any meaning or did he just steal it from V for Vendetta.

Any word here?

WebGem
12-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Any word here?

The armed man shown in the now famous Florida school board shooting video has been identified as Clay Duke. Duke, a 56 year male, apparently had an unhealthy obsession with the movie and graphic novel V For Vendetta. References to the film can be found all over his Facebook page.

Video of the incident shows Duke spray painting the "V" symbol associated with comic book author Alan Moore's famous anti-hero V onto a wall located behind the group of stunned school board members he held hostage. Duke used the same symbol as his profile picture on Facebook. His Facebook page also contains a poem paying tribute to Guy Fawkes, the same poem that is referenced in Moore's graphic novel, and was later popularized by the Wachowski brother's film adaptation. Fawkes is famous for attempting to use gun powder to blow up the British House of Parliament back in the 1600's. In V for Vendetta, V emulates Fawke's plot in more successful and explosive fashion.

Clay Duke seems to have imagined himself as a modern day Guy Fawkes, describing his political views as "freedom fighter" on his Facebook profile. "I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population," he wrote. His words echo opinions expressed by Moore, a self described anarchist. In a 2007 interview with Infoshop News, Moore described modern capitalist and communist societies as badly developed anarchist systems where the "biggest gang" ruled. With this in mind, it's easy to see why Duke could so easily relate to Moore's work.

Buck
12-15-2010, 01:07 PM
LOL so he thought he was doing something epic as a freedom fighter?

Frosty
12-15-2010, 01:36 PM

So - anyone see H5N1 post today?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1589

Jerm
12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
That video is fucking nuts.

Amazing he didn't hit anyone from 5 goddamn feet away....JFC.

Fish
12-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Maybe he should have tried throwing daggers......

Pants
12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
That video is fucking nuts.

Amazing he didn't hit anyone from 5 goddamn feet away....JFC.

I honestly don't think he was trying to kill anyone except the security guard towards the end. If he didn't kill the lady after she tried to disarm him with her purse, he wasn't going to murder anyone else, IMO.

vailpass
12-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I honestly don't think he was trying to kill anyone except the security guard towards the end. If he didn't kill the lady with handbag after she tried to disarm him with her purse, he wasn't going to murder anyone else, IMO.

X2

Titty Meat
12-15-2010, 05:08 PM
WTF

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1517242

Bane
12-15-2010, 05:10 PM
WTF

Hell he probably would have missed her too.They're definitely some lucky people IMO.

Donger
12-15-2010, 05:12 PM
WTF

She take a swing but, SHE CAN'T HIT!

Buehler445
12-15-2010, 05:18 PM

L-O-Motherfucking-L

He was trying to emulate V for Vendetta?

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Titty Meat
12-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Hell he probably would have missed her too.They're definitely some lucky people IMO.

Yup thankfully the only target that dumbass could hit was himself. On that other video was he getting shot or just that big of a dumbass he couldn't point a gun?

Bane
12-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Yup thankfully the only target that dumbass could hit was himself. On that other video was he getting shot or just that big of a dumbass he couldn't point a gun?

Looked to me like he took a round to his side or leg or something.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Why is NY58 still here? He's a trolling piece of shit.

KChiefs1
12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
That guy wasn't trying to kill anyone but himself. If he had wanted to kill those guys he would have done it by going right up to them & pulling the trigger not standing back there & shooting.

He is the one who wanted to die.

Crazy times.

Thig Lyfe
12-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Ugh. Is performance art ever good?

mcan
12-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Ugh. Is performance art ever good?

The guy is definitely acting and grandstanding. He thinks he's doing something profound, and going down in a blaze of glory. Obsessed with the themes and attitudes of a freaking movie.

He's a dumbass. But at least he had a little bit of a conscience to not stone cold murder everybody, which he had multiple opportunities to do.

MahiMike
12-15-2010, 07:58 PM
This is why I don't watch TV or read the news anymore.

Simply Red
12-15-2010, 08:04 PM
writing that 'V' on the wall seemed normal.

Pitt Gorilla
12-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Looks like one of those "violent overthrow of the government" people.

DBOSHO
12-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Remember,remember the fifteenth of december.

Slayer Diablo
12-15-2010, 09:15 PM
writing that 'V' on the wall seemed normal.

Seeing that happen without a word from anybody else made me wonder if it was a staged video that the news took seriously...but of course, why would a group of people fake such an idiotic plot? OTOH, somebody made Napoleon Dynamite, Pinapple Express, and Meet the Spartans.

GloryDayz
12-15-2010, 09:28 PM

Neg 283 and counting!!!

GloryDayz
12-15-2010, 09:31 PM
I hate whiners like him, it's not like he lost his job... I wish they'd have zoomed him a bit sooner..

Mama Hip Rockets
12-15-2010, 11:28 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

Ming the Merciless
12-15-2010, 11:52 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3686/1292470149263.jpg

BIG_DADDY
12-16-2010, 12:44 AM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3686/1292470149263.jpg

She's got balls, I'll give her that. The mass majority would walk out and leave everyone to die so they could save their own skin.

Without me going through all this can anyone tell me exactly what his beef was?

Radar Chief
12-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Without me going through all this can anyone tell me exactly what his beef was?

I think it had to do with his wife working for the board and being fired.
Saw her interviewed this morning and she claimed he was an expert marksman.
Sounds like if he wanted to take anyone along with him he very well could’ve.

Fish
12-16-2010, 09:33 AM
I think it had to do with his wife working for the board and being fired.
Saw her interviewed this morning and she claimed he was an expert marksman.
Sounds like if he wanted to take anyone along with him he very well could’ve.

Whaaa? The way he handled that gun, and how he accidentally shot the floor makes me think otherwise.

blaise
12-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Whaaa? The way he handled that gun, and how he accidentally shot the floor makes me think otherwise.

Well, he might have been, but the prospect of actually shooting someone might get a person pretty rattled.