PDA

View Full Version : Football Todd Haley

Rams Fan
12-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I have a few questions about Haley. Is he a players coach? Is he strict?

Bane
12-15-2010, 07:47 PM
You haven't seen the Haley threads I take it.

Rams Fan
12-15-2010, 07:48 PM
You haven't seen the Haley threads I take it.

Correct.

Sassy Squatch
12-15-2010, 07:48 PM
http://www.eighteen-one.com/2009/11/todd-haley-angriest-coach-in-football.html

Explains everything.

Stinger
12-15-2010, 07:50 PM

He has lost this team ................

Nope still can't say it with a straight face...............

LMAO LMAO

T-post Tom
12-15-2010, 07:51 PM
He lies to his wife about taking out the trash. Total bastard.

KcMizzou
12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
He lies to his wife about taking out the trash. Total bastard.LMAO

Stinger
12-15-2010, 07:54 PM
He lies to his wife about taking out the trash. Total bastard.

LMAO LMAO That was freaking hilarious I forgot about that ...........

Reerun_KC
12-15-2010, 07:55 PM
He has lost this team ................

Nope still can't say it with a straight face...............

LMAO LMAO

Will he ever get it back? I cant believe he gets mad at lazy shit players? Were is Herm when you need good ol tough love for your football team...

TimeForWasp
12-15-2010, 07:56 PM
And he said there is alot of shit being talked about the rams.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2010, 08:12 PM

He's Dick Vermeil's antithesis

KChiefsQT
12-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Will he ever get it back? I cant believe he gets mad at lazy shit players? Were is Herm when you need good ol tough love for your football team...

15-33.
The best thing Herm did for the Chiefs was get outta dodge and go into sports broadcasting. I like him right where he's at, behind a desk analyzing the sport.

kysirsoze
12-15-2010, 08:32 PM
15-33.
The best thing Herm did for the Chiefs was get outta dodge and go into sports broadcasting. I like him right where he's at, behind a desk analyzing the sport.

I don't.

DaFace
12-15-2010, 08:41 PM

I certainly wouldn't call him a "players' coach," though I think he's earned the team's respect for the most part. I think he's strict when it comes to guys slacking off and that type of thing. He also isn't afraid to let people know when he thinks they've fucked up.

So, in a general sense, the answers to your questions are "not really" and "mostly."

FRCDFED
12-15-2010, 08:49 PM
He has the best qualities you can ask for in a coach: He holds people accountable for their actions; expects them to know the things they are supposed to know; and reminds them of their responsibilities when they fuck up!

WV
12-15-2010, 08:51 PM
He has the best qualities you can ask for in a coach: He holds people accountable for their actions; expects them to know the things they are supposed to know; and reminds them of their responsibilities when they fuck up!

Well put....I was skeptical when he was hired, but this is a great summation of Todd Haley.

KcMizzou
12-15-2010, 09:03 PM
He has the best qualities you can ask for in a coach: He holds people accountable for their actions; expects them to know the things they are supposed to know; and reminds them of their responsibilities when they **** up!Yep. Well put.

And he also wasn't too insecure to bring in two of the most highly respected coordinators in football.

I honestly couldn't be happier with the job he's done.

HotRoute
12-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes

alnorth
12-15-2010, 09:23 PM
I certainly wouldn't call him a "players' coach," though I think he's earned the team's respect for the most part. I think he's strict when it comes to guys slacking off and that type of thing. He also isn't afraid to let people know when he thinks they've ****ed up.

So, in a general sense, the answers to your questions are "not really" and "mostly."

Absolutely. There are many aspects of this team that we may not be sure about, are unhappy with, or whatever but we definitely have our coach. Sometimes we might think he's a bit too much of a gambler on 4th down (not me), but for the most part he absolutely has the full support of the fans on this board.

JD10367
12-15-2010, 09:58 PM
He fluffs their pillows at night and sings them bedtime songs, and finishes with a reach-around.

acarter25
12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
In my opinion he brings somewhat of a high school/college coach attitude with the NFL knowledge, exactly what some of these guys need (Bowe). Perfect combination.

rtmike
12-16-2010, 12:01 AM
15-33.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Denver next year. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2010, 12:10 AM

He's a really, really good coach with a couple of annoying flaws.

His players really like him, but they respect him because He is firm but fair. He's really hard on players who aren't maximizing their talents (sans a few sacred cows), but he rewards the players who respond to that criticism greatly. Bowe had a really bad year last year that was exacerbated by Haley's style, but in the end, he rebounded from the trough and began working on his craft to the extent that now he is significantly better than he would have been had he stayed on his initial course.

From a game management standpoint, he's aggressive with a potential to be reckless. He made a couple of foolish decisions that either cost us dearly (Indianapolis) or could have easily cost us the game (Buffalo, Denver). He needs to learn to reign himself in at times.

However, he's learned how to stay within himself, his players play hard for him, and he's become more comfortable delegating responsibility to outside parties. He had real problems with the latter last year and it hurt the team.

HoneyBadger
12-16-2010, 12:16 AM
He's a player's coach if the players respect and work for him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2010, 04:39 AM
He IS The Future.

FRCDFED
12-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Absolutely. There are many aspects of this team that we may not be sure about, are unhappy with, or whatever but we definitely have our coach. Sometimes we might think he's a bit too much of a gambler on 4th down (not me), but for the most part he absolutely has the full support of the fans on this board.Yeah, I like that gambler aspect too! It makes him unpredictable and hard to defense against because he fully believes that he has four downs to get another first. It makes the team more exciting to watch. It might bite him in the ass sometimes but I truely believe he is prepared and always puts the team in a position to be successful. It is up to them to execute!:clap: