PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Fantasy Basketball advice

The Bad Guy
12-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Every year I say I'm not going to do fantasy hoops, but I get sucked in last minute. Anyone else play it? I think it's the least fun out of all 3 major fantasy sports, but it passes the time.

My team is getting crushed with injuries lately. I have Billups, John Wall and Gerald Wallace all on the shelf.

My squad is pretty mediocre at best.

PG - Wall, Billups, Johnny Flynn
SG - Arenas, Brandon Rush, J.R. Smith
SF - Beasley, Gerald Wallace
PF - Blake Griffin, Amir Johnson, Jason Thompson
C - Dwight Howard, Roy Hibbert

I've been offered Derrick Rose for Dwight Howard. I can slide Blake Griffin into the C spot if need be. Howard is averaging 22/12 right now, but his turnovers, and lousy FT% hurt a lot in this league. Rose is battling some minor injuries, but my PG situation is so bad right now and he's been a stud this year.

I've been trying to move Billups for a high five, but no one wants that alien.

It's a huge category league so Howard's value isn't what it would be in a 5x5 league. Would you take Rose for Howard? I'm really on the fence, but I need a PG bad.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
12-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Yea i'd take Rose for Dwight any day. Dwight is solid with blocking and rebounding, but his scoring isn't always consistent so what he does is very replaceable with some of the other bigs you got. Griffin, JT, and Hibbert all rebound and Hibbert blocks plenty of shots. I think u do it with Rose playing how he is and actually hitting the three ball this year. I'd try and package Flynn, Rush, and JR to see what you can get. You lack that one scorer who does at least 20 every single night other then Dwight. I doubt Flynn even gets any valuable time when he comes back from the D-League.

The Bad Guy
12-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Yea i'd take Rose for Dwight any day. Dwight is solid with blocking and rebounding, but his scoring isn't always consistent so what he does is very replaceable with some of the other bigs you got. Griffin, JT, and Hibbert all rebound and Hibbert blocks plenty of shots. I think u do it with Rose playing how he is and actually hitting the three ball this year. I'd try and package Flynn, Rush, and JR to see what you can get. You lack that one scorer who does at least 20 every single night other then Dwight. I doubt Flynn even gets any valuable time when he comes back from the D-League.

Actually Flynn came back. Rambis said when he works his way back, he's the starter.

I agree my scoring isn't consistent, but I think Beasley is a guy who hovers around 20. I offered Billups for Ray Allen, but I highly doubt that happens. I think when Gerald Wallace gets back he can also make up the rebounding and shot blocking aspect.

It's a 12 team league with a lot of anti-traders in it so it's tough to get something to match. I'm going to accept the Rose for Howard and hope his minor elbow and wrist injuries don't nag him all year.

KevB
12-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Get Rose, then go pick up Taj Gibson for Amir.

The Bad Guy
12-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Get Rose, then go pick up Taj Gibson for Amir.

Taj was grabbed about a minute after it was announced Noah was out.

There are some decent rebounders out there. Amir is such a headcase. He can be a double double machine, but he's such a hack that he gets 3 fouls in 10 minutes.

KevB
12-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Taj was grabbed about a minute after it was announced Noah was out.

There are some decent rebounders out there. Amir is such a headcase. He can be a double double machine, but he's such a hack that he gets 3 fouls in 10 minutes.

Yep, very frustrating to own. Really the same goes for JT due to the Kings crazy inconsistent rotation.

I just made a trade last night, giving up Jeff Green for Jason Terry. I need steals and assists, and I couldn't shake loose any pure point guards from their owners. Injuries have killed me this year too, Steph Curry, Green, Kaman, Collison among others. I've had some good pickups though with Dorrell Wright, Frye and recently Udrih.

The Bad Guy
12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Yep, very frustrating to own. Really the same goes for JT due to the Kings crazy inconsistent rotation.

I just made a trade last night, giving up Jeff Green for Jason Terry. I need steals and assists, and I couldn't shake loose any pure point guards from their owners. Injuries have killed me this year too, Steph Curry, Green, Kaman, Collison among others. I've had some good pickups though with Dorrell Wright, Frye and recently Udrih.

Yep. PG's are the equivalent of a dominant ace in fantasy baseball. There are very few good ones and no one wants to deal them.

Yeah, you've killed it in pickups. I'm hoping that Carmello gets dealt so J.R. Smith can move into the starting lineup and just be a chucker.

I accepted the Rose deal, so now I'm going to try to move Chauncey and even Gerald Wallace. John Wall is such an awesome player when he plays, unfortunately he's missed too many games. I'd move any of the 3 of them, but I doubt I even get a sniff.

KevB
12-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep. PG's are the equivalent of a dominant ace in fantasy baseball. There are very few good ones and no one wants to deal them.

Yeah, you've killed it in pickups. I'm hoping that Carmello gets dealt so J.R. Smith can move into the starting lineup and just be a chucker.

I accepted the Rose deal, so now I'm going to try to move Chauncey and even Gerald Wallace. John Wall is such an awesome player when he plays, unfortunately he's missed too many games. I'd move any of the 3 of them, but I doubt I even get a sniff.

There are rumors that JR is going be dealt to Chicago. With Rose's penetration, that would create a lot of open looks from 3 for him. Melo getting dealt probably is good for Chauncey from a fantasy perspective as well.

Wall is interesting. When he comes back, IF he stays healthy, he could get you right back into it with his numbers. On the other hand, 2-3 big games could re-ignite his trade value and you'd have to consider selling high.

The Bad Guy
12-16-2010, 10:24 AM
There are rumors that JR is going be dealt to Chicago. With Rose's penetration, that would create a lot of open looks from 3 for him. Melo getting dealt probably is good for Chauncey from a fantasy perspective as well.

Wall is interesting. When he comes back, IF he stays healthy, he could get you right back into it with his numbers. On the other hand, 2-3 big games could re-ignite his trade value and you'd have to consider selling high.

If JR goes to Chicago, that'd be a gold mine for him.

I already got offered Aaron Brooks straight for Wall, but I don't trust Brook's ankle right now and Wall has more value with assists and steals.

Buck
12-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh boy a Bad Guy Fantasy Thread in the main forum.

The Bad Guy
12-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Oh boy a Bad Guy Fantasy Thread in the main forum.

F yourself Buck considering you're just about the only one who cries about it. I'm sorry you want to get your panties twisted about fantasy basketball discussion in the main forum when zero people visit the subforum. Next time, give me an infraction. There's nothing more comical than a Charger fan as a mod on a Chiefs board.

As usual, thanks for adding nothing.