PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So if the Bolts lose tonight........

Deberg_1990
12-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Do the Chiefs continue to rest Cassel on Sunday? Should they?

Discuss....

kaplin42
12-16-2010, 02:33 PM
No. Cause if the Chiefs lose too, then nothing has changed.

DMAC
No. Cause if the Chiefs lose too, then nothing has changed./thread

Bane
No and no.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Tonight's 49ers/Chargers result won't have any bearing on how the #Chiefs (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs) approach Sunday's game in regards to Cassel

http://twitter.com/JoshLooney

InChiefsHeaven
12-16-2010, 02:35 PM
If he's ready to play, he should play. If he's iffy, they should have him on the sidelines and run some wildcat and Palko can hand the ball off or something. If he's not ready to go at all, then obviously don't push it.

But, San Diego will not lose tonight, so it's a moot point.

Reerun_KC
Tonight's 49ers/Chargers result won't have any bearing on how the #Chiefs (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs) approach Sunday's game in regards to Cassel

Nor should it...

No need to lay down and just give up hope... Cassel is our only chance to win and advance...

Bane

Well since you found that on Twatter then it's definitely true.:D

boogblaster
12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
humm .. we need this win ....

penguinz
12-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I can't believe anyone would go with what that idiot Shan Sheriff says. The only person more clueless in sports is Nick Wright.

phisherman
12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I can't believe anyone would go with what that idiot Shan Sheriff says. The only person more clueless in sports is Nick Wright.

nah, disagree on that one, wright is a complete idiot, that's for sure. but sheriff is absolutely clueless. bar none the biggest moron in kc sports talk radio.

DonTellMeShowMe
12-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Root for the Niners. After last week not sure if we have much of a chance, but they'll need all the help they can get.

DonTellMeShowMe
12-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Funny how you need us to win, and we need ya'll to win on Sunday...

After kicking our ass, I guess we'll find a way to love you after all

King_Chief_Fan
12-16-2010, 02:48 PM
full steam ahead.....don't have to worry about being conservative, open it up and let it fly...Cassel needs to play

Thig Lyfe
12-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Well since you found that on Twatter then it's definitely true.:D

1) Since it's from a Chiefs insider's Twitter, I'd say it's probably reliable.

2) Anybody who still thinks calling Twitter "Twatter" is funny should be shot.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2010, 02:49 PM
If the Bolts lose tonight I'd rest Cassel.

Maybe you lose in St. Louis. You're still one game ahead. You take your chances at Arrowhead with a fully healed Cassel.

King_Chief_Fan
12-16-2010, 02:50 PM

I twit you twit you twat

Bane
12-16-2010, 02:54 PM

1 I was fucking with Dane and not pulling your chain.
2 I'll call it what I like,if you don't like it fuck off Guardian jr.

chiefsnorth
12-16-2010, 02:54 PM
What? It's insane to even consider this. If we won on Sunday we'd then have the division.

Would you punt the ball from your opponents' 35 yard line in overtime?

loochy
12-16-2010, 02:56 PM
What? It's insane to even consider this. If we won on Sunday we'd then have the division.

Would you punt the ball from your opponents' 35 yard line in overtime?

Herm and Marty would.

Thig Lyfe
12-16-2010, 03:02 PM
1 I was fucking with Dane and not pulling your chain.
2 I'll call it what I like,if you don't like it fuck off Guardian jr.

1) Pardon me.
2) FUC YOU BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Discuss Thrower
12-16-2010, 03:04 PM
If these anecdotes of Cassel bleeding during practice yesterday have any morsel of truth to them it's a moot point anyway...

kaplin42
12-16-2010, 03:04 PM
If the Bolts lose tonight I'd rest Cassel.

Maybe you lose in St. Louis. You're still one game ahead. You take your chances at Arrowhead with a fully healed Cassel.

Personaly, I don't like the thought of Cassel riding the pine for two weeks. I think any progress made up to this point would be rolled back. Chargers win or lose, if Cassel can go, then he plays.

King_Chief_Fan
12-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Personaly, I don't like the thought of Cassel riding the pine for two weeks. I think any progress made up to this point would be rolled back. Chargers win or lose, if Cassel can go, then he plays.

st. louis hacks were commenting the difference with Brodie in the game. Basically, they commented that there is no offense with Brodie in there...well actually they said without Cassel they don't have an offense...same thing:harumph:

Discuss Thrower
12-16-2010, 03:09 PM

I don't buy that. He's not playing sure, but that doesn't mean he won't have the same confidence and mechanics he had prior to the operation. He might be a bit more anxious in the face of a pass rush (kinda like Carson Palmer hasn't been the same since Kimo von Olhoffe[sp]) but that's a mindset issue. Getting blasted in the torso wasn't the reason why he's been out, it was just a common illness.

loochy
12-16-2010, 03:10 PM
If these anecdotes of Cassel bleeding during practice yesterday have any morsel of truth to them it's a moot point anyway...

Put some duct tape over it and let's go son.

Norman Einstein
12-16-2010, 03:11 PM

A person's skin will close up after 5-7 days. When I had surgery last year they took the stitches out after 7 days. I presume there were only minimal sized incisions for the 'robot' or 'laproscope', the biggest issue is the muscles healing if they went through them.

I honestly doubt that Cassel was bleeding. He would be in the "Do not Touch the QB" shield.

Inspector
12-16-2010, 03:12 PM

I thought it was tweeters read by twits.

I'm just not up with all the lingo you kids use. We just used plastic walkie talkies in my day.

Oh dern, where'd I leave my teeth???

Norman Einstein
12-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Put some duct tape over it and let's go son.

Think we could string some duct tape across the defensive line to stop the run?

Norman Einstein
12-16-2010, 03:13 PM
I thought it was tweeters read by twits.

I'm just not up with all the lingo you kids use. We just used plastic walkie talkies in my day.

Oh dern, where'd I leave my teeth???

I thought they used tin cans and strings in your day?

kaplin42
12-16-2010, 03:13 PM
st. louis hacks were commenting the difference with Brodie in the game. Basically, they commented that there is no offense with Brodie in there...well actually they said without Cassel they don't have an offense...same thing:harumph:

Well yeah. They would just do what SD did. Load the box with 8 or 9, and force us to pass. Brodie still sucks, and still would fail, and we would put up another 60yds of offense.

Not that Cassel is the greatest ever, but I will admit he has made some progress. At least with him, the passing game can get going some, and maybe we can force the Rams to back off the run a bit to give Jones/Charles some room.

loochy
12-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Think we could string some duct tape across the defensive line to stop the run?

You'd have to have a TON of tape to cover up gaps that big!

penguinz
12-16-2010, 03:16 PM
If these anecdotes of Cassel bleeding during practice yesterday have any morsel of truth to them it's a moot point anyway...What a joke.

tooge
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
bolts wont lose tonight.
DC this thread.

Art Vader
12-16-2010, 03:18 PM
twat shot?

Discuss Thrower
12-16-2010, 03:19 PM
What a joke.

I figured who ever posted the comment yesterday via fabled 810 report was taking the piss, but hasn't there been something to it in a KCStar report or somesuch?

Inspector
12-16-2010, 03:25 PM
I thought they used tin cans and strings in your day?

We were the first on the block with plastic. The guy on the corner had one of those television things. They'll never last though.

Rams Fan
12-16-2010, 03:38 PM
No because the Chiefs would be the 4th seed in the AFC right now if they lost on Sunday. Right now, they're the 3rd seed because of the tie breaker against the Jags.

Demonpenz
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I would rest him to get Croyles ratings up in madden. He dipped alittle bit the last update.

King_Chief_Fan
12-16-2010, 04:12 PM
We were the first on the block with plastic. The guy on the corner had one of those television things. They'll never last though.

exactly and those home computers won't ever make it

wazu
12-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Can't see any upside to resting him assuming he can move around and give us the best chance to win. It's not some hamstring or knee problem that will be "aggravated" by playing football. If anything it'll actually help him move towards full strength for the Titans game. Definitely don't want him taking 2 weeks off.