Gonzo
12-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I know there is a game thread but F these MFRSSSS
Harsh
You kiss your mama with that mouth?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2010, 08:49 PM
The Chargers must be winning, and everyone must be going Full Pete claiming the refs are to blame.

Yay.

-King-
12-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Refs were right. That wasn't a TD.

WebGem
12-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Whining about refs in the Chargers game is for pussies. Lets just beat STL, TEN and OAK and then laugh at the 10-6 Chargers instead.

chief52
12-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Anything in particular that pissed you off? The flag and ejection on Smith was kinda lame. Not watching real close, but have not seen anything else.

doomy3
12-16-2010, 08:52 PM
The Chargers must be winning, and everyone must be going Full Pete claiming the refs are to blame.

Yay.

You're not even watching the game. The officiating has been beyond awful, and I never complain about officiating.

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2010, 08:54 PM
You're not even watching the game. The officiating has been beyond awful, and I never complain about officiating.

Lemme guess, Tamba Hali is getting held while watching the game in his condo?

http://paganmedia.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Hydrae
12-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Without having seen any of tonights game (watching the Burn Notice season ender, much more entertaining), I will say that I think this is the worst season I can remember when it comes to the refs. Not just the Chiefs, it is every game out there. I can only hope that full time refs are included as part of the CBA (I know, I know but I can dream).

Mr. Arrowhead
12-16-2010, 09:01 PM
seriously if we cant beat the rams, then we dont deserve to be in the playoffs

ARROW2
12-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Anything in particular that pissed you off? The flag and ejection on Smith was kinda lame. Not watching real close, but have not seen anything else.

The Ejection for starters....

notorious
12-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Without having seen any of tonights game (watching the Burn Notice season ender, much more entertaining), I will say that I think this is the worst season I can remember when it comes to the refs.

I agree.

It has been atrocious this year.

OnTheWarpath15
Without having seen any of tonights game (watching the Burn Notice season ender, much more entertaining), I will say that I think this is the worst season I can remember when it comes to the refs. Not just the Chiefs, it is every game out there. I can only hope that full time refs are included as part of the CBA (I know, I know but I can dream).

And boom goes the dynamite.

You're exactly right. It's been poor over the entire season.

There are people here, however, that act as if every bad call is the league giving a big FUCK YOU to the Chiefs, even in games we're not playing in.

Comical.

ARROW2

YEP!!!

DaFace
12-16-2010, 09:04 PM

The ejection was incredibly lame, but technically, the rules is the rules.

ARROW2
12-16-2010, 09:04 PM
It's obvious the media, the announcers, etc....want them in....."I can't see K.C. winning out but SD will win their next 50....blah...blah...." Pissing me the F off!!!

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2010, 09:06 PM
As I was saying...

SAUTO

Terrible. And has been all year
Posted via Mobile Device

ARROW2
Can't wait for Sunday....I want to win out and stick it to all these mfers...

notorious
12-16-2010, 09:07 PM
It's obvious the media, the announcers, etc....want them in....."I can't see K.C. winning out but SD will win their next 50....blah...blah...." Pissing me the F off!!!

I hate to say it, but that has been the most accurate take they have had all night.

Bearcat
12-16-2010, 09:12 PM

The Chargers have lost one December game since 12/1/2005, and they followed that up with a convincing shutout against the team you think deserves more respect (and don't kid yourself, had Cassel played, it probably still would have been a 3+ TD win). FFS, it couldn't be clearer why the Chargers get respect & the Chiefs don't.

ARROW2
12-16-2010, 09:18 PM
The Chargers have lost one December game since 12/1/2005, and they followed that up with a convincing shutout against the team you think deserves more respect (and don't kid yourself, had Cassel played, it probably still would have been a 3+ TD win). FFS, it couldn't be clearer why the Chargers get respect & the Chiefs don't.

Do they get rings for December records? F EM!!!!!

ARROW2
12-16-2010, 09:34 PM
crickets.............and I rest my case on the refs.....did you see the second half kickoff TD return negated on some straight bullshit?

chief52
12-16-2010, 09:37 PM
The ejection was incredibly lame, but technically, the rules is the rules.

Yes, I get that. Lame throwing the flag. I mean, if the official does not have his hand in Smith's chest he does not push it away. Gotta expect a little tussle when you put your hands on a player.

Other than that have not really seen anything out of line... Goal line call correct. 49er losing the ball along the sidelines...

Chiefs Rool
12-16-2010, 09:42 PM
we control our own destiny and we sure didn't look like a team that gave a crap about that last week.

ARROW2
12-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Nothing about the second half kickoff return for a touchdown?

ARROW2
12-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Do they get rings for December records? F EM!!!!!

The fuck you got to say to that?

tmax63
12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I have to agree with the thread title. There hasn't been 1 game that I've watched this year that didn't have 1-3 calls that had me scratching my head and saying "WTF". It used to be 1-3 calls a year maybe.

stevieray
12-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I have to agree with the thread title. There hasn't been 1 game that I've watched this year that didn't have 1-3 calls that had me scratching my head and saying "WTF". It used to be 1-3 calls a year maybe.
I don't think they control the outcome, but they damn sure do control momentum, or making sure a team doesn't get it, or keeps it.

Buck
12-16-2010, 11:00 PM
So if the refs were going for the Chargers then why wasn't the Vincent Jackson non-TD called a TD? That was awful close. Also what about that ticky-tack facemask at the end?

Gadzooks
12-16-2010, 11:03 PM
So if the refs were going for the Chargers then why wasn't the Vincent Jackson non-TD called a TD? That was awful close. Also what about that ticky-tack facemask at the end?

That face mask was a 15 yarder!
And, BTW, I'll ever forget the Donk/Ed Hochuli incident as long as I live.

Direckshun
12-16-2010, 11:06 PM

Yay.

LMAO

Buck
12-16-2010, 11:09 PM

Tell me about it. I was at that game.

Phobia
12-16-2010, 11:11 PM
They're all 15 yarders now. They got rid of the incidental. It either is or it isn't.

Gadzooks
12-16-2010, 11:33 PM
They're all 15 yarders now. They got rid of the incidental. It either is or it isn't.

Thanks, didn't hear aboot that one.
That's kinda shitty though. But, letter of law I guess, (same as the ejection).

Nzoner
12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
I don't think they control the outcome, but they damn sure do control momentum, or making sure a team doesn't get it, or keeps it.

We had this discussion at our company Christmas party tonight while watching the game and I'm happy to say that a couple of the guys there (one who is a local high school football coach) agreed with me on my following take.

Call me a focking conspiracy theorist,I don't care but someday everyone will get their head out of their asses and realize this shit is nothing more than the WWF from years ago magnified about 30,000 times.Seriously,you want me to believe the first year the NFL decides to make all division games week 17 and the fans are looking at possibly 7 divisions going down to that final week.C'mon people open your damn minds and look at some of these calls etc. and use the brain that God gave you.Hell no,I don't want to believe it because i love the game but common focking sense tells me the better part of it is bullshit and the NFL loves the sheep that do nothing but lap it up.We're no better than wrestling fans and the machine that runs it all is LMAO

big nasty kcnut
12-17-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm not worry we need to win sunday and we got better chance to be in first chargers will lose.

stevieray
12-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Seriously,you want me to believe the first year the NFL decides to make all division games week 17 and the fans are looking at possibly 7 divisions going down to that final week.

:hmmm:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2010, 03:26 AM

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2010, 03:29 AM
we control our own destiny and we sure didn't look like a team that gave a crap about that last week.

Hammer, meet nail.

Wallcrawler
12-17-2010, 03:59 AM
Just saw the ejection, and Ive gotta say that's the biggest crock of shit Ive ever seen.

Ive seen more contact than that with officials from other shoving matches that didnt get called in tons of other games. You man up, get between the guys and separate em.

Yes, in doing that, someone might touch you. Christ alive.

That official can enjoy the knowledge now that everyone who saw that footage now knows that he's 100% pure pussy. Throwing a flag and throwing a guy out of a game for brushing him off. He didnt shove him, or hit him, he just took his arm off of him. 100% pure grade A four-letter word for snatch. And I dont mean "grab."

Smith took the high road in the questions about the incident, but that was a total bullshit ejection, and that official needs to just muster up enough pride, and go ahead and end his own life. The game, and the world will be better for it.

notorious
12-17-2010, 08:11 AM

A lot of us are just butthurt Buck. The attention is directed at SD because you are the closest threat and appear to be getting timely breaks.

No one was bitching about it early this season when the Chiefs were getting the timely breaks.

notorious
12-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Tell me about it. I was at that game.

I would have knocked out a Donk fan if they would have been smug to me about that call.

"They had their chance to stop them and didn't! huuh huh huuuh"

"Um, they did dumb-fuck, and the referee fucked them"

notorious
12-17-2010, 08:19 AM
We had this discussion at our company Christmas party tonight while watching the game and I'm happy to say that a couple of the guys there (one who is a local high school football coach) agreed with me on my following take.

Seriously,you want me to believe the first year the NFL decides to make all division games week 17 and the fans are looking at possibly 7 divisions going down to that final week.

Ever since that holding call on Tony and the call during Priest's long run in 04' playoffs a part of me began to believe that a game outcome COULD be nudged a certain direction by a simple yet timely holding/no holding penalty.

Sully
12-17-2010, 08:24 AM
It amazes me how often the people who bitch about refs the most don't have a firm grasp on the rules themselves. But they always leave themselves an out...
"Well, that's a stupid rule, anyway!!!"

The Smith call, as much as I hated it, was absolutely correct.
The non-TD was correct, as well.

InChiefsHeaven
12-17-2010, 08:34 AM
I thought the late hit out of bounds against SF was a crappy call as well.

...but it's not like the 9ers were going to win. Goddam Bolts are on their usual December mission.

DaFace
12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
It amazes me how often the people who bitch about refs the most don't have a firm grasp on the rules themselves. But they always leave themselves an out...

I could be completely making this up, but I think the reason the refs are seeming to get worse and worse is that they are calling things closer to the "letter of the law" than they ever have before. Maybe it's the new head zebra - I don't know. But while, as you said, the Smith call was correct, that's not something that would have likely been called 5 years ago. All of the personal fouls, pass interferences, etc. have a HUGE impact on nearly every game these days, and that makes it less enjoyable to watch.

beach tribe
12-17-2010, 11:31 AM

I'm not saying I believe anything into it, but it is strange to me how a game can be so easily swayed on O or D with either a holding, or PI call.
These calls can be made at the refs fucking discretion. Anytime they feel like it, they can call or NOT call these things.

All penalties should be reviewable, and screening during the hiring process should be a metaphorical rubber glove up your ass.

I'd hate to think the NFL is pushing or pulling the games at all, but in a business, if something makes dollars, then something makes sense.

Why else would they allow the refs to have so much power, and influence over the games. You break the winning run, and it gets called back fine, but 10 fucking yards can murder a drive. Holding should be 5 IMO.
PI should be a 15 yard penalty, if the pass is at least 15 yards, and 5 anywhere under that. There's no guarantee that the receiver would have caught the 50 yard pass that puts you in FG range with 30: to go.

Buck
12-17-2010, 12:06 PM

Call me a focking conspiracy theorist,I don't care but someday everyone will get their head out of their asses and realize this shit is nothing more than the WWF from years ago magnified about 30,000 times.Seriously,you want me to believe the first year the NFL decides to make all division games week 17 and the fans are looking at possibly 7 divisions going down to that final week.C'mon people open your damn minds and look at some of these calls etc. and use the brain that God gave you.Hell no,I don't want to believe it because i love the game but common focking sense tells me the better part of it is bullshit and the NFL loves the sheep that do nothing but lap it up.We're no better than wrestling fans and the machine that runs it all is LMAO

It's still real to me damn it!

morphius
12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I couldn't believe the player getting kicked out for just pushing on the refs arm. He didn't shove him, he didn't make a move to fly back at the other guy. There is the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law, and in this case there was no way that was in the spirit of the law.

I honestly think the league has reached the point where you almost need to spend as much time scouting the ref squad you are stuck with as much as you have to do the team you are playing.

Chiefnj2
12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
The NFL is the only sport where they still get calls wrong with instant replay.

morphius
12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
And for anyone who missed it...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7RDNBAgdBk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7RDNBAgdBk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Chiefnj2
12-17-2010, 12:20 PM
73 on the Chargers should have gotten an unsportsmanlike for his 1/2 soccer flop. (22 sec mark).

Buck
12-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Another thing that you should know is that Norv Turner is only 2/19 on his coach challenges. I don't think there is a bias towards the Chargers, I just think the refs suck.

HotRoute
12-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Another thing that you should know is that Norv Turner is only 2/19 on his coach challenges. I don't think there is a bias towards the Chargers, I just think the refs suck.

They have been extremely bad this year, and its starting to become very obvious that they all have their own biases

doomy3
12-17-2010, 01:39 PM

The Smith call was correct since he made contact with the official. However, the ref was wrong for pushing him the way he did from the side. If he doesn't try to be a hardass by pushing Smith there, then this is a non-issue. The ref was out of line there, and if you saw the other officials run to him to separate him from Smith, I think the other officials knew he was out of line too.

morphius
12-17-2010, 01:51 PM
They want the Chargers to win, but they can't always make up for Norv being a moron :D

Sully
12-17-2010, 02:29 PM
The Smith call was correct since he made contact with the official. However, the ref was wrong for pushing him the way he did from the side. If he doesn't try to be a hardass by pushing Smith there, then this is a non-issue. The ref was out of line there, and if you saw the other officials run to him to separate him from Smith, I think the other officials knew he was out of line too.

I disagree.

HotRoute
12-17-2010, 04:20 PM
The NFL is the only sport where they still get calls wrong with instant replay.

instant replay is a joke in the NFL

IMO

milkman
12-17-2010, 04:32 PM
instant replay is a joke in the NFL

IMO

The problem with replay in the NFL is that it really isn't a sport that allows for camera angles to really provide the visual evidence required to get the call right.

It's kind of funny, but of all the major sports, football is the least replay friendly, but the only one that really tries to embrace the technology.

HotRoute
12-17-2010, 04:43 PM
The problem with replay in the NFL is that it really isn't a sport that allows for camera angles to really provide the visual evidence required to get the call right.

It's kind of funny, but of all the major sports, football is the least replay friendly, but the only one that really tries to embrace the technology.

I think it is time to get this fixed, or change the entire replay system

bowener
12-17-2010, 04:56 PM
I think it is time to get this fixed, or change the entire replay system

I haven't figured out why the NFL doesn't copy track and place two cameras at the goal line of each endzone that are fixed in place (obviously away from the field of play, but looking down the line).

Something that would probably go a long ways toward improving the refs would be to make it a full time position. Currently they are part time employees that work during football season. Most of them seem to be lawyers when they aren't refs. I don't see why they can't up their salary to 100K a year or something, and have them train year round. It isn't like the NFL doesn't make billions of dollars a year.