PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Good breakdown of our running game vs Rams

Hammock Parties
12-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Shows you what a badass Albert is, and Moeaki.

* Let's begin a breakdown of the KC-STL matchup by stating the obvious: the Rams had better be able to stop the run on Sunday at The Edward Jones Dome. And that's true whether Matt Cassel plays or doesn't play QB for the Chiefs. Kansas City leads the NFL in yards rushing per game, 165.4. The Chiefs lead the league in runs of 10+ yards, with 60. Their average per carry of 4.8 yards is 4th. They are second in thee NFL in rushing first downs. And according to STATS LLC, the Chiefs have the second-lowest "stuff" rate on their running plays.

* Two Chiefs rank among the top 20 rushing leaders: Jamaal Charles is No. 3 with 1,177 yards and a tremendous average of 6.1 yards per rush. The Chiefs were smart to bring in veteran Thomas Jones to complement Charles and the system has worked beautifully, with Jones rushing for 766 yards (20th in the NFL) and an average of 4.0 yards per carry. Charles and Jones have combined for 8 rushing touchdowns.

* To address a more specific concern: the Chiefs' best area of running the football happens to be the weakest area of the Rams' run defense. The Chiefs love to attack the defense with perimeter runs to the far left side; they've gone there 117 times for 677 yards, an average of 5.8 yards per attempt. They've gained 10+ yards on 26 runs to the left sideline. And when the Chiefs run off left tackle, they've gotten 208 yards on 37 carries (5.8-yd average).

* Charles averages 7.1 yards per carry on 60 runs to the left sideline. And off left tackle, he's carried 20 times for 154 yards for an average of 7.7 yards per carry.

* I don't want to give the impression that the Chiefs are a left-handed team. They're also very strong on perimeter runs to the far right, averaging 5.1 yards on 100 carries there.

* So how do the Rams match up against the Chiefs' primary running strength? On paper, not very well. The Rams, who have struggled at outside linebacker, have been vulnerable against perimeter runs -- especially to the left sideline. Opponents have rushed to the left outside 106 times for 537 yards, an average of 5.1 yards per carry. And on runs to the right sideline the Rams have given up 4.3 yards per carry. In all, the Rams have allowed 28 runs of 10+ yards on carries to the far left or far right.

Fritz88
12-17-2010, 05:37 AM
the Chiefs' best area of running the football happens to be the weakest area of the Rams' run defense. The Chiefs love to attack the defense with perimeter runs to the far left side;

But Saccocacacup says our LT sucks monkey anus!

http://ragecomic.appspot.com/packs/misc/images/WhyWithHands.png

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-17-2010, 05:42 AM
Now that this information is out we need to just throw deep passes to keep them confused.

Way to Go GIF !

Norman Einstein
12-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Now that this information is out we need to just throw deep passes to keep them confused.

Way to Go GIF !

Too bad he doesn't know wtf he is talking about. Or probably good for the Chiefs that he is clueless. It's a good thing goatcheese doesn't have that clue, it could make him dangerous.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Too bad he doesn't know wtf he is talking about. Or probably good for the Chiefs that he is clueless. It's a good thing goatcheese doesn't have that clue, it could make him dangerous.

Yeah, Right............EINSTEIN

Dave Lane
12-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Albert isn't and never will be Willie Roaf, but he does, at least normally, appear to be a serviceable LT.

Red Beans
12-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Albert isn't and never will be Willie Roaf, but he does, at least normally, appear to be a serviceable LT.

We should get Joe Horn to bang his wife. Maybe that would help?

FRCDFED
12-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to draft a LT with the attitude of Suh (Lions). That dude just picks people up and throws them. He's a beast!!!

WV
12-17-2010, 09:11 AM
I like BA and think he's far more than serviceable, but I'll agree Willie Roaf he's not. Then again there was only one Meat Roaf!

milkman
12-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I like BA and think he's far more than serviceable, but I'll agree Willie Roaf he's not. Then again there was only one Meat Roaf!

I am the driver of the Albert bandwagon, and saccapoo goes overboard with his criticism.

However, he hasn't progressed to the level he should have by now.

Whether that is due to failure on his part, or poor coaching (Bill Muir does suck ass), it does leave us in a position where an upgrade would be a welcome addition.

WV
12-17-2010, 09:25 AM
I am the driver of the Albert bandwagon, and saccapoo goes overboard with his criticism.

However, he hasn't progressed to the level he should have by now.

Whether that is due to failure on his part, or poor coaching (Bill Muir does suck ass), it does leave us in a position where an upgrade would be a welcome addition.

Do you think he's bad enough to warrant replacing now? I think he's in the "good enough" mold to perhaps take a late round guy to try and develop as a replacement, but there are several other positions I'd rather focus on upgrading. Namely C, NT, and WR.

milkman
12-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you think he's bad enough to warrant replacing now? I think he's in the "good enough" mold to perhaps take a late round guy to try and develop as a replacement, but there are several other positions I'd rather focus on upgrading. Namely C, NT, and WR.

No, I'm not suggesting that we should spend a high draft pick to replace at this time.

I am only voicing (so to speak) my opinion of his development to this point.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Albert isn't "bad" per se.

He seems to waver between average and good on a week to week basis.

What milkman seems to be saying is it'd be nice if he was showing flashes of Pro Bowl play more often.

WV
12-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Albert isn't "bad" per se.

He seems to waver between average and good on a week to week basis.

What milkman seems to be saying is it'd be nice if he was showing flashes of Pro Bowl play more often.

Agreed....but I'm still happy with BA overall.

DBOSHO
12-17-2010, 09:44 AM
But Saccocacacup says our LT sucks monkey anus!

http://ragecomic.appspot.com/packs/misc/images/WhyWithHands.png

Think of the ypc we could have if charles Didnt have to do all the work and we had a LT who actually blocked!!!1