PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rams expect a loud crowd...of Chiefs fans.

AirForceChief
12-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Good hunting to all the Chiefs fans heading to the dome this weekend. Make us proud!!

Story:

Once again, the Rams could be seeing red — Kansas City red — when they look into the stands Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome. That's because, once again, thousands of Kansas City fans are expected to invade the dome for Sunday's game between the cross-state rivals.

When the teams last met here, in 2006, about one in five spectators in the dome was a Chiefs fan decked out in Kansas City red. They weren't shy about cheering for their Chiefs, either.

"It's pretty bad when you've got to go silent count in your home stadium," offensive guard Adam Timmerman said after that game.

That's right, Chiefs fans were so loud that day the Rams' offense couldn't hear its own signals in the huddle and had to use a silent count.

Only a handful of Rams players from that '06 squad are still around. One of them, running back Steven Jackson, doesn't think the offense will have to use such an extreme measure this time around.

"I don't think so," Jackson said. "I think our fan base will be there loud and proud. I think everyone in the town, everyone in the state, knows what's at stake. It's definitely going to make for a fun game, but I don't think we will have that problem that we had then."

So have the Rams fans improved since 2006?

"Our fans have done a great job," Jackson said.

The Rams announced Thursday that although a limited number of tickets remained, the game will be shown on local television. Unlike the previous six home games this season that have met sellout requirements, the Rams didn't have to ask for corporate help this week.

In other words, the tickets were actually sold — perhaps to Kansas City fans eager to see their AFC West-leading Chiefs (8-5) take on the NFC West co-leading Rams (6-7).

Kevin Demoff, the Rams' executive vice president of football operations, says there's no way to know how many Chiefs fans will be in attendance Sunday.

"A lot of fans buy their tickets on the secondary market," Demoff said, meaning outlets such as StubHub. "So there's no way to track how many (are Chiefs fans). I hope it's not significant. I think our fans will show up.

"If you follow the general buzz of the community, I think our fans are very excited about this game. So I anticipate a large Rams fan turnout."

But if past form holds, about 10,000 Chiefs fans — maybe more — will show up Sunday. And when the national anthem winds down, don't be surprised if they belt out their trademark cheer: "and the home of the Chiefs!"

"I would be disappointed if our fans can't drown out Chiefs fans," Demoff said. "I expect the crowd to be pro-Rams and very loud. It should be a great atmosphere."

Coach Steve Spagnuolo scoffed when asked if he was concerned about having a large contingent of Chiefs fans in the house Sunday.

"We're going to worry about playing the Kansas City Chiefs, to be real honest with you," Spagnuolo said.

His assessment might change if the Rams' offense can't hear the play calls.

Injury update

CB Ron Bartell (stinger) got in a fair amount of work Thursday. "I think Ron has made a great improvement physically this week, so we fully expect him to play," defensive coordinator Ken Flajole said.

After missing the New Orleans game, nickel back Justin King (shoulder) wasn't even listed on the injury report. "He's much better," Spagnuolo said. "He's taking a pretty good flow of reps. He looks OK."

G Jacob Bell (knee) was full participation. The news wasn't so good for backup RB Kenneth Darby, who has a cracked rib. "He didn't do a lot," Spagnuolo said. "It's a pain thing."

LB David Nixon returned after undergoing surgery on his hand earlier in the week; P Donnie Jones (illness) returned after missing Wednesday's practice

WebGem
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
The sky is blue

Sofa King
12-17-2010, 10:43 AM
water is wet

gblowfish
12-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I plan to fart in their general direction.

It seemed to work against Denver....

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Soren Petro just reported that The Chiefs listed Cassel as probable CAN SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD PLZ

talastan
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Soren Petro just reported that The Chiefs listed Cassel as probable CAN SOMEONE MAKE 10 THREADS PLZ

FYP ;)

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2010, 10:53 AM
nevermind soren just backed off that report

RAMSJUNKIE
12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
The rams will win with or without homefield advantage, the more chief fans the merrier I want you guys to have front row seats for the chief stomping.

|Zach|
12-17-2010, 11:03 AM
The Ram's not only don't beat the Chiefs but never even give them a game. Even when they are good.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2010, 11:04 AM
The rams will win with or without homefield advantage, the more chief fans the merrier I want you guys to have front row seats for the chief stomping.
LMAOLMAO

Sofa King
12-17-2010, 11:06 AM
The Ram's not only don't beat the Chiefs but never even give them a game. Even when they are good.

which they certainly aren't

kchero
12-17-2010, 11:06 AM

This dumba$$ is still around?

PunkinDrublic
12-17-2010, 11:27 AM
I feel bad for lambs fans, not only do they have to root for a shitty underperforming football team, they also have to live in St. Louis. St. Louis is like Cleveland with a giant croquet wicket.

LaChapelle
12-17-2010, 11:45 AM
If Brodie starts will they still show
I have feeling Brodie plays some but may not start

MahiMike
12-17-2010, 11:50 AM
If Brodie starts will they still show
I have feeling Brodie plays some but may not start

Brodie Croyle will never take another snap in the NFL.
- Austrodamus

Direckshun
12-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Seriously, how great is this fanbase.

Bowser
12-17-2010, 01:07 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcxpbhM0DaA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcxpbhM0DaA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Wow, it's like an extra Home game.

HotRoute
12-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Coach Steve Spagnuolo scoffed when asked if he was concerned about having a large contingent of Chiefs fans in the house Sunday.

Oh he will regret ever scoffing that scoff

Monty
12-17-2010, 01:26 PM
"That's right, Chiefs fans were so loud that day the Rams' offense couldn't hear its own signals in the huddle and had to use a silent count."

I forgot about that....good memories. I was pissing off the Rams fans behind me with all my yelling....hehehe.

Bane
12-17-2010, 01:30 PM
"That's right, Chiefs fans were so loud that day the Rams' offense couldn't hear its own signals in the huddle and had to use a silent count."

I forgot about that....good memories. I was pissing off the Rams fans behind me with all my yelling....hehehe.

You pissed all 3 of them off all by yourself?Good job!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
12-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow, it's like an extra Home game.

Yeah they were gonna rename it the Lamar Hunt dome but he told them years ago that only bitches play football inside.
Posted via Mobile Device

Monty
12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
This dumba$$ is still around?

He was, but he had to go clean his room or he'll get grounded. He'll be back later.

Monty
12-17-2010, 01:51 PM
You pissed all 3 of them off all by yourself?Good job!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO