PDA

View Full Version : Football Where would you like to see Bill Cowher coaching next year?

cardken
12-20-2010, 01:01 PM
so where do you think would be a good fit?

LaChapelle
12-20-2010, 01:04 PM
He'll get exposed like the Shanarat as overrated anywhere he goes

cardken
12-20-2010, 01:10 PM
He'll get exposed like the Shanarat as overrated anywhere he goes

Ok not a Cowher or Shanarat fan, duly noted, moving on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-20-2010, 01:12 PM
SD, because he sucks!/CP

Omaha
12-20-2010, 01:13 PM
OK, I'm new here, but it seems like this poll is missing something....

Phobia
Don't care. Until he won a SuperBowl as the longest tenured coach in the NFL nobody else did either. Steeler fans called for his head every year.

talastan

Not a valid Planet Poll w/o a Gaz option.....So I'll add my own.

Gaz's kid's PeeWee team. I don't want him anywhere near the NFL. +1 :thumb:

cmh6476
12-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Not a valid Planet Poll w/o a Gaz option.....So I'll add my own.

Gaz's kid's PeeWee team. I don't want him anywhere near the NFL. +1 :thumb:

+1

The Franchise
12-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Carolina

Priest31kc
12-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Carolina

yes, why wasnt this an option?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Carolina

Doesn't he live there anyway?

cardken
12-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Carolina

Peter King and others seem to think if Jim Harbaugh of Stanford is offered the job and in connection Luck would follow is what Carolina is trying to map out. Until this all came to light a lot of people thought Carolina/Cowher were a no brainer. So many options will be open on the NFL "coaching carousal", at season end. The Minnesota job still a question, no telling weather Jerry Jones stays content with Garrett through the off-season with many options available and consensus isn't clear on if Jeff Fisher is staying put in Tennessee with all the VY Drama vs. Fisher stuff still festering. Should be fun to do some guess work until it all pans out.

WebGem
12-20-2010, 01:26 PM

Gaz or the Broncos?

teedubya
12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Id like to see Cowher coaching the Kansas Jayhawks. Gill sucks.

WebGem
12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't think Coughlin will be gone from NYG, even if they miss the playoffs I expect him to be back

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-20-2010, 01:29 PM

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROFL

Sofa King
12-20-2010, 01:32 PM
that list of teams sucks.

2bikemike
12-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Dallas would be nice. Or he can coach anywhere out of the AFC.

Bane
12-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I said before that I thought John Fox was safe but if Cowher steps into the picture I'd say its Carolina.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
12-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I said before that I thought John Fox was safe but if Cowher steps into the picture I'd say its Carolina.
Posted via Mobile Device

Peter King says the Panthers will go cheap on their next coach.

Extra Point
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM

Garrett is the defibrillator of the Cowboys' franchise.

Maybe Cowher should give Mangini another season to epically fail, however, I don't see Cowher coaching in the AFC, ESPECIALLY in the AFCC, except if he gets a HC-management deal with Buffalo. Gailey coached offense for Cowher a few years ago, IIRC. That is the kind of challenge into which Cowher would really sink his teeth. Gailey is man enough to step into the OC position in that scenario; Gailey is a stand-up guy.

Maybe Cowher's waiting for Fisher to step on a land mine this weekend at Arrowhead. If any AFC coach is "played out," it would be Fisher.

You can see Cowher coaching the Panthers, due to the challenge and logistics.

Do you think Cowher really wants to be seen as the Handsome Harley Race of the AFC, taking a job in that conference? The closest candidate seems to be Carolina.

In the final analysis, Cowher was blowing smoke, throwing a misdirectional shot like that, mentioning teams that have long term, decent coaches. Translated: "If an owner wants me to coach, it's going to take a HELL of a lot of money. Let the games begin. Again."

rockymtnchief
12-20-2010, 03:10 PM

I thought I heard somewhere that Jones asked the NFL if he could skip the Rooney Rule and go ahead and make Garrett the coach. It was said that the NFL turned down the request.

That indicated to me that Dallas had who they wanted.

Bane
12-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Peter King says the Panthers will go cheap on their next coach.

You see what happened in Denver when they tried that.ROFL

Rooster
12-20-2010, 04:11 PM

ROFL That sounds like a winner to me. :thumb:

Rams Fan
12-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Fox's contract expires after the season. And their owner is a cheap ass who is preparing for the lockout. Russ Grimm will probably get the Panthers job.

Edit: I'm happy Spags didn't go to Denver.

Bane
12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Fox's contract expires after the season. And their owner is a cheap ass who is preparing for the lockout. Russ Grimm will probably get the Panthers job.

Edit: I'm happy Spags didn't go to Denver.

Doesn't matter who goes to Dungver.THEY'RE FUCKING DONE SON!!!

Rams Fan
12-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Doesn't matter who goes to Dungver.THEY'RE ****ING DONE SON!!!

They'll be bad for 3 years minimum.

12-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Cowher is over rated. the Steelers havent skipped a beat since he left, and Bill Bellichick has owned him forever.

Bane
12-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Cowher is over rated. the Steelers havent skipped a beat since he left, and Bill Bellichick has owned him forever.

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!111
ROFL Yeah I kinda have to agree with ya.

MahiMike
12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Of the list that came out today, the most obvious to me is the Titans. They remind me of the Steelers without a Ben.

cardken
12-20-2010, 04:51 PM

I respectfully disagree, I think Tomlin and Cauldwell (Indy), are the reincarnation of George Seifert and Barry Switzer, inheritants of Championship caliber teams from previous coaches. Time will tell just my opinion.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Why in the fuck would anybody except for Buck want him in SD ?????? Geez.

Dylan
12-20-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't know.... but, something needs to change -- The Giants were dominant through 53 minutes, only to go from aggressive defense to prevent defense in the final six or seven minutes. Then this...

(Excerpts, Daily News 12/20/2010) Eagles @ Giants

This one is on the coach for a lot of reasons. Coughlin ordered his team into a deep, suicidal prevent defense in the fourth quarter, against an other-worldly quarterback, Michael Vick, who doesn't really need to throw the ball downfield at all to be at his most dangerous.

It all began to fall apart with that onside kick, when the Giants were still ahead two touchdowns and looked utterly unprepared for such a predictable event.

"We didn't put our hands team out there, we didn't think it was necessary at that time," Coughlin said. "All the people up front were told to be ready for the onsides kick."

After that went completely wrong, Vick took it from there. When the Giants dropped back into coverage and protected the edges, Vick just scooted underneath them. Or sometimes around them.

"We got into a prevent defense early in the fourth quarter," Tuck said. "We were spotting him up front rather than rushing him."

With this strategy, Coughlin muzzled the bite of his own linemen and linebackers. Meanwhile, Vick went from 23 yards rushing in the first half to 107 yards in the second.

"We weren't the same defense," Barry Cofield said. "He was the same player."

A great player, sure. Tuck announced Vick had his vote for MVP. Yet still, the game plan changed unnecessarily. That old cliché - a prevent defense prevents you from winning - was spot on.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/12/20/2010-12-20_plenty_of_blame_for_all_but_coughlin_gets_most.html

WHY?

Psyko Tek
12-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that Jones asked the NFL if he could skip the Rooney Rule and go ahead and make Garrett the coach. It was said that the NFL turned down the request.

That indicated to me that Dallas had who they wanted.

of jerry has 3 braincells left bouncing around behind his stretched out skin he keeps garrett

so he will hire gruden

12-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Just not in the AFC.

Chiefs Rool
12-20-2010, 11:18 PM
anywhere outside the afc west would be fine with me

Dylan
12-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Talking about Vick... How funny is the New York Post's front cover following the Giants‘ historic collapse against the Eagles on Sunday

The Post’s headline: “Giants Dog It.”

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/12/20/covers/front122010.jpg http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/12/20/covers/back122010.jpg

The Giants made front-page headlines in Monday's New York newspapers. Embarrassing.

Rams Fan
12-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Dylan, I bet you wish Spags was still the Giants DC.

Zaiko
12-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Green Bay.

Dylan
12-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Dylan, I bet you wish Spags was still the Giants DC.

The Giants run to the Super Bowl was built on Spagnolo's defense. He was the mastermind that coached the Giants into one of the toughest defenses in the league. He learned from one of the most brilliant defensive minds in the NFL -- Jim Johnson. We will never forget...

I really like Perry Fewell. His defensive scheme is designed to create turnovers - and the Giants lead the league in take-aways. So, what he has developed is a very aggressive defense.

The Giants defense shut down the Eagles until the final minutes in the fourth quarter. In the presser, Coughlin said, he ordered the defense to play prevent defense, to the surprise of the Eagles -- and it cost them the game.

In the first game against the Eagles earlier in the season. The Giants offense turned the ball over five times. Stupid fumbles. No defense can make good on those mistakes.

Sickening.

Dylan
12-21-2010, 01:15 AM
May I add: Michael Vick is a truly amazing quarterback.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2010, 01:58 PM
May I add: Michael Vick is a truly amazing quarterback.

This. It's like Thiggy with talent.

keg in kc
12-21-2010, 03:05 PM
I couldn't care less where Cowher coaches next year. All I know is that it won't be here, thank the maker.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
I couldn't care less where Cowher coaches next year. All I know is that it won't be here, thank the maker.

This times eleventy billion...

will be interesting if he can adjust to todays game... This isnt 90's anymore...

Chiefs Rool
12-21-2010, 04:38 PM
This times eleventy billion...

will be interesting if he can adjust to todays game... This isnt 90's anymore...

it wasn't that long ago he won a Superbowl, just sayin

DTLB58
12-21-2010, 05:41 PM
The CFL?

If he isn't the Chiefs H.C. or D.C. I don't want him in the league thank you very much.

DTLB58
12-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Green Bay.

Ugh, That would ruin Rodgers and that Offense

CaliforniaChief
12-22-2010, 09:38 AM
All of those choices are a long commute from Leawood, dontcha think?