PDA

View Full Version : Football Vick's insane 21-point comeback in 3 minutes

Hammock Parties
12-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Fucking ridiculous. Maybe a running QB will finally win a Super Bowl. I mean, the Giants have the #2 defense for crying out loud!

The Eagles' D is probably an unsung hero in this, getting two huge stops to get the ball back.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TtaTbgje9jo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TtaTbgje9jo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

teedubya
12-21-2010, 10:09 AM
It made me lose my FFL AFC Championship game.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2010, 10:10 AM
I can't believe the punter has a job.

CaliforniaChief
12-21-2010, 10:12 AM
LMAO

My fantasy team just came a little bit watching that.

penguinz
12-21-2010, 10:15 AM
I can't believe the punter has a job.What about the other 10 players that refused to tackle the returner? including the guy standing in the end zone that watched him walk into the endzone?

siberian khatru
12-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Imagine what this place would've been like if the Chiefs were in the Giants' shoes.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Imagine what this place would've been like if the Chiefs were in the Giants' shoes.

:evil:

Cassel lost this fucking game when he choked on two consecutive fourth quarter possessions. First he took a horrible sack and then he threw the ball to no one on a critical third down. Yeah the defense shit the bed, but crazy shit happens when you're playing Michael Vick. I don't even want to hear about Colquitt's shitty punt on the last play, Cassel set him up to fail. I'm not blaming this game on a punter when our supposed franchise QB sat around with his thumb up his ass in the fourth quarter. This was Houston redux.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 10:21 AM

Then you clearly don't understand the upside to him.

siberian khatru
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
:evil:

LMAO

Brock
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Then you clearly don't understand the upside to him.

Yeah, he's upsiding his coach right out of a job.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
What about the other 10 players that refused to tackle the returner? including the guy standing in the end zone that watched him walk into the endzone?

He was instructed to punt the ball out of bounds. The breakdown following the muff doesn't happen if he follows some simple directions.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah, he's upsiding his coach right out of a job.

Oh yeah, that was definitely all his fault. All 28 points. What else are you gonna complain about? All the drops on the high long-snaps? He's a fucking rookie, they're keeping him for a reason. You don't think the team considers this themselves? He has the job for a reason. I watch every Giants/Jets game on tape each week and have seen everything he's done all year and trust me, it isn't that terrible considering he's a rookie. There's a ton of upside with that kid if they can get him right, and they clearly think they can.

Brock
12-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Oh yeah, that was definitely all his fault. All 28 points. What else are you gonna complain about? All the drops on the high long-snaps? He's a fucking rookie, they're keeping him for a reason. You don't think the team considers this themselves? He has the job for a reason. I watch every Giants/Jets game on tape each week and have seen everything he's done all year and trust me, it isn't that terrible considering he's a rookie. There's a ton of upside with that kid if they can get him right, and they clearly think they can.

He's a fucking punter. Don't give that shit about "upside", just how many bad punters do you think there are in the nfl?

WebGem
12-21-2010, 10:32 AM
He's a ****ing punter. Don't give that shit about "upside", just how many bad punters do you think there are in the nfl?

The team clearly doesn't know what they're doing. I'm not sure why you don't have the job of the person that makes the decision to cut him.

Brock
12-21-2010, 10:32 AM
The team clearly doesn't know what they're doing. I'm not sure why you don't have the job of the person that makes the decision to cut him.

Okay, close the board down, Kyle. Our opinions don't matter, so there's nothing to talk about!

CaliforniaChief
12-21-2010, 10:36 AM
He's a fucking punter. Don't give that shit about "upside", just how many bad punters do you think there are in the nfl?

This. Unless he can sign his name on the Cowboys' scoreboard by knocking out the exact lights, he's replaceable. You could go to a skilled nursing facility and pull Louie Aguilar out of his room, bandage his bed sores, and he could punt the ball out of bounds.

DrRyan
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM

What about the other 10 players that refused to tackle the returner? including the guy standing in the end zone that watched him walk into the endzone?

The punter did not lose that game. How about laying this loss at the feet of the defense and then special teams for giving up 28 points in 8 minutes? Several Giants players have commented on Coughlin/D Coordinator putting them in a prevent defense. Coughlin is far more responsible for the loss than the punter is.

Bearcat
12-21-2010, 10:46 AM
People are so black and white. Of course the punter lost the game, along with the rest of the team and coaches. As far as the biggest ****ups, the punt was a big one, especially if he was told to kick it out of bounds.... it landed inside the numbers, FFS.

Stopping a team with a top 5 pass offense and rush offense: hard
Punting the ball out of bounds:
http://solid-orange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/easy_button.thumbnail.jpg

penguinz
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
He was instructed to punt the ball out of bounds. The breakdown following the muff doesn't happen if he follows some simple directions.Who cares if he was instructed to shove the ball up his own ass? There were 11 Giants players on the field that could have made a play and tackled him.

milkman
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I didn't get a chance to see this game, but I can bet you that when the Giants got late into the game, the D-Line lost it's discipline because they saw a chance to get some garbage time sacks.

In order to beat Michael Vick, you absolutely have to maintain discipline and gap control for 60 minutes or else he's going to chew you up and spit you out.

The fact that he's turned into a reliable pocket passer has made him a viable SB QB.

CaliforniaChief
12-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Who cares if he was instructed to shove the ball up his own ass? There were 11 Giants players on the field that could have made a play and tackled him.

There's a lot of blame to go around, but there really is no excuse for the punter. I mean, how many things does a punter have to think about on a punt? The coach says "punt it out of bounds", I'm going to assume that you are, as an NFL punter, able to do that.

penguinz
12-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I didn't get a chance to see this game, but I can bet you that when teh Giants got late into teh game, the D-Line lost it's discipline because they sawa a chance to get some garbage time sacks.

In order to beat Michael Vick, you absolutely have to maintain discipline and gap control for 60 minutes or else he's going to chew you up and spit you out.

The fact that he's turned into a reliable pocket passer has made him a viable SB QB.You could not be more wrong. it was the punters fault! :rolleyes:

penguinz
12-21-2010, 10:51 AM
There's a lot of blame to go around, but there really is no excuse for the punter. I mean, how many things does a punter have to think about on a punt? The coach says "punt it out of bounds", I'm going to assume that you are, as an NFL punter, able to do that.He muffed the kick. It happens. You still can not put this loss on him.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Coughlin is far more responsible for the loss than the punter is.

Bullshit. As Milkman noted, the players stopped maintaining their gaps and responsibilities. There was a completely whiffed tackle on the long pass to the TE. Eli couldn't convert shit. Coughlin coached an amazing game for 52 minutes and then suddenly went to the GROB/Herm school of coaching? No, it was a failure of execution.

penguinz
12-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Bullshit. As Milkman noted, the players stopped maintaining their gaps and responsibilities. There was a completely whiffed tackle on the long pass to the TE. Eli couldn't convert shit. Coughlin coached an amazing game for 52 minutes and then suddenly went to the GROB/Herm school of coaching? No, it was a failure of execution.So it was not the coaches fault that they did not have the hands team in for the onside kick?

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey, has anyone seen Dylan lately?

I'm pretty sure I recall him advising us all that Vick was 'exposed' by the Giants defense last time around.

Yes, yes I do recall that:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7191500&postcount=206

Vick was exposed last night when the Giants offense handed the game to the Eagles

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7191542&postcount=216

There is no denying the Giants defense exposed Vick

So did they 'expose' Vick for 53 minutes last week? Or did they just lose to him again?

Brock
12-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey, has anyone seen Dylan lately?

I'm pretty sure I recall him advising us all that Vick was 'exposed' by the Giants defense last time around.

Yes, yes I do recall that:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7191500&postcount=206

So did they 'expose' Vick for 53 minutes last week? Or did they just lose to him again?

I thought it was chiefzilla who was saying Vick wasn't for real because he hadn't beaten any tough defenses.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I thought it was chiefzilla who was saying Vick wasn't for real because he hadn't beaten any tough defenses.

Oh who knows what Chiefszilla said?

A) It's hard to keep track of who is saying dumb stuff at any particular time. B) It's even harder to keep track of it when it's Chiefszilla. There's just a wealth of options there.

But Dylan was absolutely beating his chest about the Giants 'exposing' Vick after he threw for 250 plus yards in a victory over them. I find it deliciously ironic that he just administered arguably the harshest 7 minutes of prison raping in pro football history on that same Giants squad.

Brock
12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I find it deliciously ironic that he just administered arguably the harshest 7 minutes of prison raping in pro football history on that same Giants squad.

ROFL He absolutely mauled them, I mean he tore them up like a chew toy.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
This. Unless he can sign his name on the Cowboys' scoreboard by knocking out the exact lights, he's replaceable. You could go to a skilled nursing facility and pull Louie Aguilar out of his room, bandage his bed sores, and he could punt the ball out of bounds.

Your stupidity makes me laugh.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 11:28 AM
There's a lot of blame to go around, but there really is no excuse for the punter. I mean, how many things does a punter have to think about on a punt? The coach says "punt it out of bounds", I'm going to assume that you are, as an NFL punter, able to do that.

LOL yeah missing a punt is just completely inexcusable. Totally impossible for an NFL punter to do so without trying to purposely or sucking at his job.

Brock
12-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Your stupidity makes me laugh.

Nothing personal, but I doubt anyone considers you a mensa candidate around here.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
ROFL He absolutely mauled them, I mean he tore them up like a chew toy.

The guy on Petro yesterday said one of the more interesting things I've heard regarding the distinction between the Eagles and Falcons.

He said the Falcons probably give you the best 60 minutes of football in the NFC right now. However, there's a good chance that there hasn't been a team in the last 25 years that can give you a better 10 minutes than the Eagles.

He's right. That team is capable of going to tears where no lead is safe. It a possibility that makes them absolutely terrifying in the playoffs. If they have a run like that to start a game it's even more dangerous than these spurts they're having at the end.

The Eagles are never out of a football game and they're capable of making damn sure you're done by the 2nd quarter. Imagine what would happen if they give the Falcons 10 minutes of hell like that and neutralize ATL's power running game.

The AFC is the harder division, but there's nobody out there I'd less like to face than the Eagles. I'd just keep hoping that they play down to someone else and that team knocks them off.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Nothing personal, but I doubt anyone considers you a mensa candidate around here.

You are 100% correct, or at least I'd hope so. I've seen every single NY Giants game since 2002ish, usually on tape during the week. I listen to NY sports radio 8-10 hrs per day 5 days a week. I know how their organization works, I know what their fans think. This isn't the first time Dodge has been talked about this year, he's had other fuck ups this year. He's a fucking rookie for Gods sake. He has a SHIT TON of upside and he's not going anywhere, not before next season starts. The fact he didn't kick the ball out of bounds isn't even the biggest mistake he's made. I'd say consistently dropping/messing up the high long-snaps is a much bigger concer. CaliChief's posts are still fucking retarded.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Those runs were sick....especially the one where he avoids the sack from the pocket. The kick return team after the first TD is the biggest mistake of all.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 11:37 AM
The fact the punter keeps getting mentioned is honestly hilarious. He wasn't even the whole issue on that play alone, the rest of the team was on the return too. And there was a clip that wasn't called. The turning point was when they didn't send the hands team out and the Eagles kicked the onside. They weren't kicking an onside kick if the hands team was out, Reid confirmed this. The punter was like 2% of the blame for that loss. Even if he kicked the ball out of the fucking stadium, the Eagles probably still would have won the game.

Dave Lane
12-21-2010, 11:45 AM

Everyone would be bitching that Cassel took all the underneath stuff and didn't go down the field because of his noodle arm.

Thats what the Planet would be doing.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
what is upside for a punter? I didnt even know that term existed for them? They either can kick or they cant.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 11:58 AM
what is upside for a punter? I didnt even know that term existed for them? They either can kick or they cant.

He has a hell of a leg. What do you mean there isn't upside for a punter? He's still an NFL player and he's a rookie. Like I said before, IMO the mistake on the kick on Sunday is not anywhere near the biggest concern. He was a disappointment at the beginning of the season and a big part of it was him not being able to handle the higher long-snaps (this isn't part of your 'you can either kick or you can't). Coughlin was still confident he could get the kid right and he played great for about 6-7 games. Then this happened. He simply muffed the punt and it came at a terrible time. Coughlin confirmed yesterday that Dodge isn't getting cut, so I'd say there's a good chance he'll be back next season.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Why can't we all just laugh at the fact that the Giants blew this lead and went from having a good chance at a bye in the playoffs to not making them? I personally think it's one of the funniest things that's happened in the NFL in a long time. I know nobody else here really cares about the Giants, but I fucking hate them.

Baby Lee
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM

First off in response to this, they were deep in their own end and tied. So it wasn't 'kick it out of bounds.' It was 'kick it so it stays IN bounds for 40-50 yards, THEN goes out of bounds.' Then it was snapped high, and even still it wasn't like the punt went straight down the middle, they had Jackson in a bit of a corner and picking up a muff. The guy is just plain fast and elusive.

Second, the more egregious was the onside, nobody in the area of the recovery and even those in frame running away from the ball. The kicker DID do a good job of making the onside look like a boomaway.

Third, if there's a team on earth you don't want to blitz against, it's a team with Vick and Jackson. Maintain rush lanes and play tight coverage. Don't believe me, get yourself two TVs, put the Pit/NYJ 4th and the Phil/NYG 4th on simulcast and tell me which was the better approach.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Everyone would be bitching that Cassel took all the underneath stuff and didn't go down the field because of his noodle arm.

Thats what the Planet would be doing.

Brandon Carr would be a dead man and Soren Petro would be fapping to the thoughts of Eric Berry's failures.

(Seriously, can someone explain why so many KC fans hate Brandon Carr - the kid's good but gets blamed for virtually every failing of the KC secondary)

WebGem
12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
First off in response to this, they were deep in their own end and tied. So it wasn't 'kick it out of bounds.' It was 'kick it so it stays in bounds for 40-50 yards, THEN goes out of bounds.' Then it was snapped high, and even still it wasn't like the punt went straight down the middle, they had Jackson in a bit of a corner and picking up a muff. The guy is just plain fast and elusive.

Second, the more egregious was the onside, nobody in the area of the recovery and even those in frame running away from the ball. The kicker DID do a good job of making the onside look like a boomaway.

Third, if there's a team on earth you don't want to blitz against, it's a team with Vick and Jackson. Maintain rush lanes and play tight coverage. Don't believe me, get yourself two TVs, put the Pit/NYJ 4th and the Phil/NYG 4th on simulcast and tell me which was the better approach.

No, it was kick it out of bounds. The sack on 3rd down allowed them to run the clock down so the Eagles would have only had time for 1 play. It wasn't like they were gonna be able to run a play to get into FG range and kick a FG. They were gonna have to defend 1 play. Still though, the snap was fucked up for him again, then he muffed it. It's not that complicated as to what happened. But you are definitely wrong about Coughlin not telling him to kick it out of bounds.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
It was kick the ball anywhere except to Jackson.

Baby Lee
12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
No, it was kick it out of bounds. The sack on 3rd down allowed them to run the clock down so the Eagles would have only had time for 1 play. It wasn't like they were gonna be able to run a play to get into FG range and kick a FG. They were gonna have to defend 1 play. Still though, the snap was fucked up for him again, then he muffed it. It's not that complicated as to what happened. But you are definitely wrong about Coughlin not telling him to kick it out of bounds.

If it was just 'kick it OOB' he could have kicked it sideways. So maybe the 40-50 yards was some hyperbole on my part, but they did want at least 20 more in field position, which it 40 from where he kicked it. And he did get his body situated right to kick OOB, but the high snap negated him being able to get it off his foot cleanly and quickly enough to avoid a block.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2010, 12:23 PM
I love NFC East rivalries.

Sal Paolantonio got this from a Giants exec:

He said on 97.5 this morning he got an email around 10:00pm last night from a Giants Executive that said ' Tell Andy and the boys round 3 we will not take out foots off their throats "

Eli said yesterday that the Eagles didn't win they gave them the game, so what he is saying is the Giants didn't want to win a game they we up by 21 points. Bunch of crying faggots. They lost Vick and the Birds beat them get over it.

Commit2Excellence
12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
God it must be tough to be a Giants fan. They pull more bullshit like this than any team I can remember. Look like worldbeaters for most of the season than completely implode. Look like worldbeaters for 55 minutes and blow it.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I love NFC East rivalries.

Sal Paolantonio got this from a Giants exec:

Yeah, perhaps taking your foot off their throat was a poor decision, eh? Your season may well have been on the line that day, against a team that already beat you once before.

Spare me - the Giants didn't lose this because they gave any quarter. Were they giving quarter when they were playing a single safety deep to get beat by Brent Celek? Nope, that was no prevent defense...it was just bad defense.

They lost because there's simply no team in football that's better than the Eagles when the Eagles are in Beastmode. If they'd have waited 2 more minutes to get there, the Giants win. Or if the Giants had picked up one extra first down, the Giants still win. But alas, Beastmode started with about 8 minutes left and the Giants proceeded to shit down their legs.

Maybe next time the team that touts itself as a power running team should do a better job of running the clock out.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
God it must be tough to be a Giants fan. They pull more bullshit like this than any team I can remember. Look like worldbeaters for most of the season than completely implode. Look like worldbeaters for 55 minutes and blow it.

What do you mean? Are you talking like the Herman Edwards game and the SF playoff game? Or are you saying they do smaller imploding on a yearly basis? I mean, I really don't understand why Giants fans get so down on their team and especially Coughlin. If Rex Ryan/Sanchez won a Super Bowl the Jets fans would be all over him and suck his dick for the rest of eternity. Coughlin's already done this and a lot more and so many fans hate him, it really doesn't make sense.

ChiefGator
12-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Awesome.. thanks for posting it. Been meaning to look this up on the NFL Network this week but never got around to it.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Awesome.. thanks for posting it. Been meaning to look this up on the NFL Network this week but never got around to it.

After reading Whitlock's column where he slobbered over Vick I went looking for it myself. Had to see it. That's a once-a-year type ending to a game.

Commit2Excellence
12-21-2010, 02:05 PM
What do you mean? Are you talking like the Herman Edwards game and the SF playoff game? Or are you saying they do smaller imploding on a yearly basis? I mean, I really don't understand why Giants fans get so down on their team and especially Coughlin. If Rex Ryan/Sanchez won a Super Bowl the Jets fans would be all over him and suck his dick for the rest of eternity. Coughlin's already done this and a lot more and so many fans hate him, it really doesn't make sense.

The giants implode on a yearly basis. In 2008 they finished 12-4 and looked like world beaters than get their ass kicked by the Eagles at home in the 1st round. Last year they got off to a 5-0 or 6-0 start then lose like 6 games in a row and miss the playoffs. This year they've looked like the best team in the NFC much of the season then lose games like this. Hell, at this point I expect them to go to green bay and get their ass kicked and miss the playoffs. It's not just the season but individual games...they have a habit of losing games in the 4th quarter on a pretty consistent basis. That type of bullshit is killer on a fanbase.

jettio
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I guess we will never know, but Philly more than likely wins the game if it had gone into OT.

All of this discussion about the punter seems to forget that punting it out of bounds would not have won the game for the Giants.

Lzen
12-21-2010, 02:21 PM
The punter did not lose that game. How about laying this loss at the feet of the defense and then special teams for giving up 28 points in 8 minutes? Several Giants players have commented on Coughlin/D Coordinator putting them in a prevent defense. Coughlin is far more responsible for the loss than the punter is.

That's BS. Look at that video. They were blitzing.

12-21-2010, 04:52 PM
First time for me to see all that. HOLY SHIT!@!!

Hammock Parties
12-21-2010, 04:53 PM
First time for me to see all that. HOLY SHIT!@!!

Yep, me too.

I read Whitlock's article and then HAD to see it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Michael-Vick-Philadelphia-Eagles-New-York-Giants-signature-performance-122010

We’re getting it twisted.

That wasn’t a collapse we witnessed inside The New Meadowlands Stadium. It wasn’t a replay of 1978’s “Miracle at the Meadowlands.”

DeSean Jackson’s improbable, Tom Coughlin-melting, walk-off punt return is the play we will most remember from the weekend NFL slate (and perhaps the entire season), but Jackson was far from the game’s biggest star.

No. Sunday, we watched a force of nature unveil itself, savage New York in less than eight minutes of game time and cause us to rethink the 2010 MVP race.

If you left the stadium or turned off your TV following Philadelphia’s pulsating, 38-31 come-from-behind victory over the Giants thinking about Joe Pisarcik and Herm Edwards, you completely missed the main story.

Michael Vick.

The engineer of the most impressive non-postseason, fourth-quarter comeback in the history of sports.

Pisarcik and Edwards? A New York Giants collapse? Child, please.

Michael Vick made me think of Reggie Miller erupting for 25 points in the fourth quarter of the Eastern Conference Finals, John Elway marching the Broncos 98 yards in the AFC Championship and Muhammad Ali rope-a-doping George Foreman in Africa.

I know what Vick and the Eagles pulled off was just an NFL regular-season contest.

But I can recognize a once-in-a-lifetime performance when I see it. The NFL needs to send those final eight minutes to Canton. We’re never going to see that again.

With 8 minutes, 17 seconds to play, Vick led the Philadelphia offense onto the field trailing 31-10.

Seven minutes later, he’d thrown for 121 yards, two touchdowns, rushed for 94 yards and a score and the game was tied at 31.

Vick was like an unexpected hurricane striking the Giants. Not to minimize DeSean Jackson’s return, but he was nothing more than a looter taking advantage of a ravaged city. The Giants were in shock, demoralized by an indefensible quarterback.

We’ll never see this again.

Vick ran for 130 yards on 10 carries Sunday. He passed for 242 yards and three TDs. He did it on the road, against one of the league’s best defenses while fighting for control of the NFC East division.

It was a clutch performance, an effort so good that objective observers must rethink their MVP vote.

I have no interest in diminishing Tom Brady’s magnificent season. None. He’s the best quarterback of this era. When he’s done, he might rival John Elway and Joe Montana as the greatest of all time.

The Patriots own the best record in football largely due to Brady’s consistent, stellar play and unshakable leadership and poise. He leads the league in passer rating. The Patriots haven’t turned the ball over in six games. You could argue Brady is working with a weak supporting cast.

(Although I would argue the whiteness of his receivers, tight ends and Danny Woodhead make people assume they’re inferior without evidence.)

In any other year, I’d say Brady should be the unanimous choice for MVP.

This year is different. What we’re seeing from Vick is special, unique. It’s something we’ll never see again.

Vick is playing quarterback like Steve Young (20 TDs and just 5 INTs), and Vick is running the football like Randall Cunningham (6.7 yards per carry).

Vick has the two signature performances of the season -- Sunday’s fourth-quarter avalanche and his six-TD (four passing, two rushing) explosion against the Redskins.

All I’m asking is for MVP voters to wait two more weeks before making up their minds. Let’s allow this season to play out fully before giving Brady his second MVP trophy. Is he still ahead of Vick? Yes, slightly. Vick missed three full games.

I’m also asking MVP voters to consider this intangible: When the history of the 2010 season is written, which player and which team will get the largest chapter?

It’s Vick and the Eagles.

Andy Reid dumped his 11-year franchise quarterback, Donovan McNabb, on a division rival to make room for Kevin Kolb. The Eagles gave Kolb a fat new contract to lead the team. A couple of weeks into the season, Reid had the courage and instincts to bench Kolb in favor of the QB that had rotted in a prison cell for 18 months.

This is a movie script people would laugh at.

Andy Reid is coach of the year. And Michael Vick just might be the MVP.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh c'mon, Clathan - clearly the Giants defense exposed Michael Vick.

Everyone knows that.