PDA

View Full Version : Life Anger Management

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 11:48 AM
First off I want to preface this by saying I am not a violent person at all. Ive been in a few physical altercations in my life but Ive never started one. However I do have a problem controlling what comes out of my mouth. When I am extremely pissed about something I say very hurtful things to people. I often realize it right after it happens and I have to apologize. Ive been this way since I was a kid and got in trouble for it several times as a youth.

Ive told myself many times that next time I will think before I speak, but then it happens again. I dont know if its immaturity, if its the way I was raised, or what but I really want to be able to control it because I don't like being this way. Anyone else have this problem? Any tips on how to control what you say when you're infuriated?

Pants
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
First off I want to preface this by saying I am not a violent person at all. Ive been in a few physical altercations in my life but Ive never started one. However I do have a problem controlling what comes out of my mouth. When I am extremely pissed about something I say very hurtful things to people. I often realize it right after it happens and I have to apologize. Ive been this way since I was a kid and got in trouble for it several times as a youth.

Ive told myself many times that next time I will think before I speak, but then it happens again. I dont know if its immaturity, if its the way I was raised, or what but I really want to be able to control it because I don't like being this way. Anyone else have this problem? Any tips on how to control what you say when you're infuriated?

When you're about to say something hurtful to someone in your anger fit, count to 10 in your head. If you still feel like saying it, go right ahead.

Donger
12-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Don't bother me with your chicken-shit problems.

Wait, was that out loud?

WebGem
12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Can we get a few examples of your uncontrollable verbal outburts?

MTG#10
When you're about to say something hurtful to someone in your anger fit, count to 10 in your head. If you still feel like saying it, go right ahead.

I'll try that but I honestly dont think I would have time to remember to count before I say it. Its like my mouth has a mind of its own when someone pisses me off.

KCUnited
It's just butt sex brah, it's vastly overrated. No need to get pissed.

Commit2Excellence
Instead of yelling at them just beat the hell out of them.

Seriously do you smoke or dip? I noticed nicotine has a substantial effect on that.

kysirsoze
12-21-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll try that but I honestly dont think I would have time to remember to count before I say it. Its like my mouth has a mind of its own when someone pisses me off.

Sounds like you're fucked.

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Instead of yelling at them just beat the hell out of them.

Seriously do you smoke or dip? I noticed nicotine has a substantial effect on that.

No never been a tobacco user. Maybe I should start.

Lonewolf Ed
12-21-2010, 11:55 AM
I rage, therefore I am. Can't help ya!

DMAC
12-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Drink a mug of antifreeze and just end it then.

Dang...sorry dude, shouldnt have said that.

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Can we get a few examples of your uncontrollable verbal outburts?

Well, what prompted me to start the thread was this morning my gf started bitching at me and accused me of cheating on her because one of my ex's sent me a text asking how I was doing. I stayed calm, and explained to her that I cant help if someone else texts me. She kept on and finally I got pissed and told her that I was fucking her and that she was better than her even though I really haven't talked to her in months. After I said it I was like "damn did I really just say that?" She started crying and now Im on damage control. I know it was a horrible thing to say, and it was wrong but in the heat of the moment it just came out.

kysirsoze
12-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, what prompted me to start the thread was this morning my gf started bitching at me and accused me of cheating on her because one of my ex's sent me a text asking how I was doing. I stayed calm, and explained to her that I cant help if someone else texts me. She kept on and finally I got pissed and told her that I was ****ing her and that she was better than her even though I really haven't talked to her in months. After I said it I was like "damn did I really just say that?" She started crying and now Im on damage control. I know it was a horrible thing to say, and it was wrong but in the heat of the moment it just came out.

HERE WE GO!!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHgy1qyDvJ3fOZUsCtODaz_iBlqJFDLPtS-CRIvCtqOzPHo0-C

Pants
12-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, what prompted me to start the thread was this morning my gf started bitching at me and accused me of cheating on her because one of my ex's sent me a text asking how I was doing. I stayed calm, and explained to her that I cant help if someone else texts me. She kept on and finally I got pissed and told her that I was ****ing her and that she was better than her even though I really haven't talked to her in months. After I said it I was like "damn did I really just say that?" She started crying and now Im on damage control. I know it was a horrible thing to say, and it was wrong but in the heat of the moment it just came out.

LMAO

That's pretty money, dude.

Skyy God
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Que the popcorn.

Dante84
12-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Well, what prompted me to start the thread was this morning my gf started bitching at me and accused me of cheating on her because one of my ex's sent me a text asking how I was doing. I stayed calm, and explained to her that I cant help if someone else texts me. She kept on and finally I got pissed and told her that I was fucking her and that she was better than her even though I really haven't talked to her in months. After I said it I was like "damn did I really just say that?" She started crying and now Im on damage control. I know it was a horrible thing to say, and it was wrong but in the heat of the moment it just came out.

Oh golly.

Skyy God
12-21-2010, 12:03 PM

Dang...sorry dude, shouldnt have said that.

If you love your children, that's really the best option.

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 12:05 PM
I dont do it with my kids. For some reason I have the ability to stay calm with them.

Donger
12-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Do you consider yourself to be a highly competitive person?

MOhillbilly
12-21-2010, 12:08 PM
hot tempers are the best.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Your a Chiefs fan, I thought we all have anger problems

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Do you consider yourself to be a highly competitive person?

Yes very much so, always have been. Now please indulge me with your sage-like wisdom and explain how that correlates.

Just Passin' By
12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
It's pretty easy to just STFU and leave the room. That's a lot smarter than telling your girlfriend that you're plowing your ex and comparing their sexual prowess.

Donger
12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes very much so, always have been. Now please indulge me with your sage-like wisdom and explain how that correlates.

You are competing with the people with whom you do this. You have to win and will say anything to make that happen, true or not, vicious or not.

kysirsoze
12-21-2010, 12:12 PM

Whoa. Pretty sarcastic and defensive for someone starting an advice thread.

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Whoa. Pretty sarcastic and defensive for someone starting an advice thread.

Im just messing with him for his previous comment, didnt mean anything by it

Mr. Plow
12-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Edit: On second thought, I'm not getting involved in this one.

booyaf2
I just love these MTG10 threads

Commit2Excellence

A competitive personality is part of an alpha males genetic wiring. Go back to our ancestral roots. Women like men who can lead, get shit done, and don't take shit off others. It's gradually being phased out today but still exists to a decent degree in many. Competitive people (real men) have higher testosterone levels and differ substantially neurophysiologically from the more modern beta nerds, who may as well be women. Basically, your actions are just part of being a man. However, the temper thing can also indicate depression. Combine a low grade depression and/or boredom with higher testosterone levels and you have a recipe for angry outburst. Neurochemically low dopamine, low cortisol, and higher testosterone are a perfect recipe for rage.

ReynardMuldrake
12-21-2010, 12:20 PM

I would be pissed too. I hate getting blamed for shit I didn't do.

You need to turn it around on her. Tell her, "What difference does it make? Even when I'm faithful, you still won't believe me." Relationships are built on trust. If you can't trust each other, what's the point?

Don't apologize for anything! Sure, it was a bad joke, but she's the one making false accusations.

RealSNR
12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.umsl.edu/~keelr/leaf.gif

This should calm you down

Fritz88
12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
This thread has potential.
Posted via Mobile Device

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Did you do this same type of thing with your ex -wife?

Yeah Ive done it my whole life...I never told her I was fucking someone though. I always apologized as soon as I said something mean to her. She did it to me too.

RockChalk
12-21-2010, 12:23 PM
I just love these MTG10 threads

This

you should just PIIYB

TrebMaxx
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM
All I know is my anger management classes do nothing but piss me off.

Mr. Plow
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah Ive done it my whole life...I never told her I was fucking someone though. I always apologized as soon as I said something mean to her. She did it to me too.

I get pissed off too easy at little stuff. I try to make myself shut up, and tell whomever (wife) has pissed me off to give me a second. Or, if your GF is barking at you, you could try and say "If you give me a second to talk without interruption - I'll explain".

Generally speaking for me, if I can get both me and the other person to just shut the fuck up for a few seconds, I can gather my emotions and not say anything stupid.

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 12:31 PM
She wants me to change my phone number. :rolleyes:

Mr. Plow
12-21-2010, 12:35 PM

ROFL

She seems a tad insecure. Did you hide the text from her?

rockymtnchief
12-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Before things get out of control, calmly remind her of the shovel and bag of lime in your trunk. This makes for calmer discussions.

CoMoChief
12-21-2010, 12:36 PM

That's not anger management, thats called being stupid.

Why would you say that when she's already accusing you of cheating?

We people call this, putting out the fire, with gasoline.

MTG#10
12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
ROFL

She seems a tad insecure. Did you hide the text from her?

No, she had my phone went it went off...she saw it before I did

Just Passin' By
12-21-2010, 12:38 PM

Given your alleged recent history, she should probably take your phone away entirely, and make you wear a tracking bracelet.

Bugeater
12-21-2010, 12:38 PM
No, she had my phone went it went off...she saw it before I did
Well there's your problem, don't let her get a hold of your phone.

|Zach|
12-21-2010, 12:42 PM
In stuff like this I just try to put myself in their shoes. Everything is said for a reason and at the end of the day people just want to know that their view point is heard.

You also have to breakdown what is reasonable and unreasonable. Just my opinion that it is reasonable to raise some concern over the text message. However I think it is unreasonable to automatically associate it with something bad going on or assuming you are sleeping with someone.

Her end is going like this...she prob knows youve been with a lot of people lately and she sees there is back channel communication and she doesnt know what is going on. She is filling this unknown with the worst case scenario and getting herself all worked up.

So you need to go to her and say "Hey, I could see why this is something that could upset you but I promise there is nothing going more than being a friend for this person. I am happy to tell you and show you any texts that come from though from her until you are satisfied that there isn't an issue"

Having said all that...I would bet money there is a reason she would automatically think you were banging this broad that texted you beyond the fact that she sent you this text message.

Battles like this are rarely fought in the place they actually come from.

Jenson71
12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello MTG#10,

Do regularly exercise? Scientific studies have shown that regular exercise is a great way to reduce stress and anger problems in one's life. Just throwing that out there.

With kind regards,

Jenson71

Pants
12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
That's not anger management, thats called being stupid.

Why would you say that when she's already accusing you of cheating?

We people call this, putting out the fire, with gasoline.

Actually, what he described is anger. When you make a very hurtful sarcastic remark, it usually means you're angry at the person, no?

Skyy God
12-21-2010, 12:44 PM
If you have an iPhone, for the love of god, turn the preview message function off when you're on a date. A friend of mine may have learned that the hard way.

notorious
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Your relationship is over.

She doesn't trust you, and you just told her that your ex is better and that you are still fucking her.

A woman or a man will never get over that, and if they do then they have major issues themselves.

LaChapelle
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
You wouldn't hold in a raging shit
you would find a bathroom and let it all out
Dogs are man's anger bathrooms

notorious
12-21-2010, 01:01 PM

JFC

I know you are joking, though so.....ROFL

WebGem
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Well thank God I asked for an example. You are the man, keep it up.

Seriously though, if you want to stop doing things like that talk to as many people as possible and try different things. If there's certain people you're exploding on repeatedly, then talk to them about it and make sure you pick a good time to talk to them about it. So if it's your girlfriend all the time, talk to her about it. That would honestly probably help a lot. If it's a bunch of different people, then maybe see a counselor or talk to someone who's opinion you trust on this sort of thing.

Just Passin' By
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Who knew Michael Vick posted here?

RealSNR
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM

She doesn't trust you, and you just told her that your ex is better and that you are still fucking her.

A woman or a man will never get over that, and if they do then they have major issues themselves.Sadly, this is pretty truthful. If your g/f doesn't trust you, you're going to have to get to the root of these things and have her talk through it with you in a rational manner. If she's incapable of doing that (like most women are when they get emotionally worked up) it doesn't bode well for the future time you're going to spend together.

tooge
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm tired of hearing about your problems. shut up or I'll kick your lilly ass!

vailpass
12-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Grow the fuck up and handle your business.

raybec 4
12-21-2010, 01:14 PM
You're a grown man, take some fuckin control of yourself and either stand by the shit you say or keep your fuckin mouth shut.

Bearcat
12-21-2010, 01:20 PM
You're a grown man, take some ****in control of yourself and either stand by the shit you say or keep your ****in mouth shut.

That's no way to get attention on a football message board...

This thread went back to basics. This is the format that works, after a few sub-par attempts at attention whoring... hooked readers with a topic everyone could respond to, but with no specific information, then reeled them in with a follow up post that was dumber than anyone would have guessed (well, not relative to previous threads, but still).

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM

She doesn't trust you, and you just told her that your ex is better and that you are still ****ing her.

A woman or a man will never get over that, and if they do then they have major issues themselves.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Women don't ever forget the stupidest little things that you say or do. And what you said to her will haunt you for as long as you're in a relationship with her. My advice is to adjust your thinking towards you relationship with her at this time.
From this point on you might as well just treat her like a whor and just see how many times you can fuck her until she dunps your stupid ass.

Then go get yourself a dog. They can't talk back and when you get mad you can just kick the shit out of them.

Bearcat
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Grow the **** up and handle your business.

We could start a thread titled "Stupid Shit from Southern Missouri" and throw all this stuff in with the mohillbilly threads.

Groves
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't know about the specific situation with your gf, but in general I'd recommend getting the snot beat out of you a few times because of your tongue. Hire someone if you need to.

A few thumpings always hastens the learning process where other teaching methods have failed to produce the desired results.

Has your gf seen your anger before or was it a shocker when it happened this time?

Jenson71
12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
We could start a thread titled "Stupid Shit from Southern Missouri" and throw all this stuff in with the mohillbilly threads.

It's the "Vito Corleone to Johnny Fontaine" method of guidance. A quick slap in the face, and a mocking whimper.

Jenson71
12-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Also, pics of the ex-gf maybe?

|Zach|
12-21-2010, 01:28 PM
When I picture MTG I think of Gob from Arrested Development.

vailpass
12-21-2010, 01:29 PM
It's the "Vito Corleone to Johnny Fontaine" method of guidance. A quick slap in the face, and a mocking whimper.

LMAO

"You can act like a man! 'Oh godgather I'll never get that picture'..."

King_Chief_Fan
12-21-2010, 01:31 PM

this problem is easy to diagnose.........you are a fugging idiot. Who in their right mind says that kind of crap unless they are stupid?

If that episode doesn't cure you, you need to commit your self to an assylum.

Skyy God
12-21-2010, 01:35 PM
When I picture MTG I think of Gob from Arrested Development.

I envision a younger version of Teardrop from Winter's Bone, minus the grey beard and meth addiction.

KCHawg
12-21-2010, 01:46 PM
That's no way to get attention on a football message board...

This thread went back to basics. This is the format that works, after a few sub-par attempts at attention whoring... hooked readers with a topic everyone could respond to, but with no specific information, then reeled them in with a follow up post that was dumber than anyone would have guessed (well, not relative to previous threads, but still).

ROFL

ROYC75
12-21-2010, 01:53 PM

She doesn't trust you, and you just told her that your ex is better and that you are still ****ing her.

This is just about spot on, women do not forget, even if it was a joke, her insecurities have blossomed because of your immaturity.

" The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook ".

Your problem is a mental thing,a good mental attitude is vital in all relationships. " Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude".

Old Dog
12-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Are you suggesting he attempt suicide? This is MTG#10 we're talking about.....he would just fuck that up too.

Buddy Rich
12-21-2010, 02:01 PM
dude, don't sweat it. you're in box called dumb. there's no getting out of this box. just enjoy it. now back to fingering your cousin....

tooge
12-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Are you suggesting he attempt suicide? This is MTG#10 we're talking about.....he would just **** that up too.

this. he would mistakenly drink limeade for antifreeze. Tell his girlfriend about it. She wouldn't let him piihb, so he'd yell at her and we'd be right back here listening to his bs

|Zach|
12-21-2010, 02:03 PM
This thread is brutal. ROFL

Not uncalled for but brutal.

vailpass
12-21-2010, 02:07 PM
This thread is brutal. ROFL

Not uncalled for but brutal.

I'm laughing at it too. This place does not dissapoint when it comes to compassion and kindness.

Iowanian
12-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I remember a period of time when the thread starter followed me around here calling me a drama queen.

AHhahahahahahahahahahahahha.

the only real resolution to this problem is for the old and new girlfriends to F each other to find out who is tougher.

|Zach|
12-21-2010, 02:11 PM
I remember a period of time when the thread starter followed me around here calling me a drama queen.

AHhahahahahahahahahahahahha.

Looks like that stuck with you. ROFL

chiefsnorth
12-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Women always translate the unknown, in their minds, to the worst possible scenario. Now after your immature behavior I doubt if you will ever get her to trust you again. You admit yourself that you have always been this way. The only common denominator in all the f-ed up aspects of your life is _you_. I can only imagine the problems your kids are going to have in their lives due to this completely deficient example of manhood they have to learn from. (sorry if that sounds harsh)

Deberg_1990
12-21-2010, 02:19 PM
This thread is like an ESPN "Instant Classic"

Iowanian
12-21-2010, 02:19 PM
To give a proper response, we're going to have to have pics.....probably some of her hooters and a round of "guess her muff" with a photo answer later.

that'll get you the attention you seek.

notorious
12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
The only common denominator in all the f-ed up aspects of your life is _you_.

Homerun

We all know somebody that wonders why their life gets fucked up over and over again even though they keep putting themselves in the same situation over and over again.

luv
12-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I think you should start by accepting responsibility for your actions.

"It just slipped out."

"She did it too."

You always take what you do and try to make it out to be someone else's fault.

"It was how I was raised."

Deflection.

And there's usually some truth to what people say when they "snap." You told your current gf that an ex was better than her. I'm strongly guessing you really believe that. Actually, it really wouldn't surprise me if the sleeping with her now part wasn't a lie either.

Bwana
12-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't know about the specific situation with your gf, but in general I'd recommend getting the snot beat out of you a few times because of your tongue. Hire someone if you need to.

Heh, he could PM this dude.

http://www.othercinema.com/otherzine/otherzine4/auction.html

notorious
12-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Jesus, with guys like MTG out there, no wonder it took me so long to find a girl that wasn't completely fucked in the head.

tooge
12-21-2010, 02:56 PM
is it wrong that I want to beat MTG's ass even though I've never met him in person? Do I need anger managemnet

|Zach|
12-21-2010, 02:57 PM
is it wrong that I want to beat MTG's ass even though I've never met him in person? Do I need anger managemnetROFL

TimeForWasp
12-21-2010, 03:01 PM

Now you have to have sex with the ex , so you don't become a liar too.