PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How bad has Carson Palmer fallen?

Frankie
12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
I have not followed the Bengals, but I have a feeling they will get rid of their HC and tear up their roster this off-season. I keep hearing that Palmer has not been very good. But, IYO, would he make a good veteran back-up for Cassel if he's available for cheap?

booyaf2
12-21-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't think he'd come cheap, or be a backup. That team is a trainwreck. I could see SF or Minnesota going after him in the offseason as a starter.

El Jefe
12-21-2010, 03:12 PM
I have watched almost all of the Bengals games due to proximity, and he is freakin terrible. He makes some nice throws every once in a while, but he is broke for the most part.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow, backing up your college backup would be the ultimate FAIL.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Every now and then he makes a throw that reminds you that he's still very talented.

Unfortunately, he's just mailing it in. He doesn't appear to give a rip one way or the other if he turns the ball over. I just can't see how a guy can suddenly start making decisions as bad as the ones he's making unless he's just not putting the work in.

He looks like a guy that got paid, then hurt, now doesn't have the fire for the game anymore. He's just going through the motions.

I gotta say, I don't want a guy that likely sees himself as the 'true USC QB' as the backup to Cassel when his attitude appears to be shit right now.

Pass.

Bewbies
12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
He hasn't been the same since he wrecked his knee in the playoffs.

Frankie
12-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't think he'd come cheap, or be a backup. That team is a trainwreck. I could see SF or Minnesota going after him in the offseason as a starter.

Is there a "starter" left in him? He reminds me of Drew Bledsoe when he switched teams.

Frankie
12-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow, backing up your college backup would be the ultimate FAIL.

Meh, he can always chalk it up to age and wear and tear.

Frankie
12-21-2010, 03:19 PM

This

CoMoChief
12-21-2010, 03:23 PM
He won't go somewhere to be a backup. He'll go somewhere where he can start.

Oakland
Tennessee (VY apparently isn't the answer there)
Buffalo
Miami
Carolina
Minnesota
49ers
Seahawks
Cardinals

All possible landing spots for him IMO.

El Jefe
12-21-2010, 03:25 PM

Oakland
Buffalo- I would take Fitz over Palmer.
Miami
Carolina-they will take LockerMinnesota
49ers-I would take Troy Smith over himSeahawks
Cardinals

The rest I agree with.

Bane
12-21-2010, 03:35 PM
"How bad has Carson Palmer fallen"

About this far.

http://i52.tinypic.com/25qqaex.jpg

ChiefaRoo
12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
"How bad has Carson Palmer fallen"

About this far.

http://i52.tinypic.com/25qqaex.jpg

WHAT A PHAG/Clayton

Rams Fan
12-21-2010, 04:30 PM

Oakland
Buffalo
Miami
Carolina
Minnesota
49ers
Seahawks
Cardinals

Oakland just gave Campbell an extension, I doubt Palmer signs there. Tennessee might draft a QB if they get rid of VY. Buffalo might keep Fitzy or draft a QB. I could see him going to the Dolphins, but I doubt it. Carolina's going to start Clausen or another QB if they draft one. Doubt Palmer goes there. Maybe Minnesota. I doubt he goes to the 49ers. I think they're done with Alex Smith. Seattle might want to start Whitehurst next year and Arizona will probably draft a QB.

Frankie
12-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Oakland just gave Campbell an extension, I doubt Palmer signs there. Tennessee might draft a QB if they get rid of VY. Buffalo might keep Fitzy or draft a QB.

Young will be kept at Tennessee. The owner wants him over the HC.

Methinks Buffalo will look at Fitz one more season. The guy reminds me a lot of a younger Farve.

KC_Lee
12-21-2010, 04:36 PM
If Tennessee fires Fisher VY is safe. The owner, Bud Adams, loves VY.

FringeNC
12-21-2010, 04:36 PM
The guy hasn't aged well. Looks much older than 30.

Chiefs Rool
12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I wonder what happened to him. He seemed like he was going to be great for long time after his first few seasons.

Rams Fan
12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Young will be kept at Tennessee. The owner wants him over the HC.

Methinks Buffalo will look at Fitz one more season. The guy reminds me a lot of a younger Farve.

I think Buffalo should give Fitzy another year, too. I don't think he's the answer, though, but he's a good enough QB to start. And the Bills are better than what their record indicates. They lost 3 games in OT and another 1 by a FG. Their D is a bigger problem than their O.

Chiefs Rool
12-21-2010, 04:40 PM
forget Palmer. Would you consider signing T.O. next season? lol

Frankie
12-21-2010, 04:53 PM

No.

El Jefe
12-21-2010, 04:58 PM

Not only no, but Hells No.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2010, 05:00 PM
He really hasnt been that bad, just looking at his stats. Nothing special, but not awful either. Hes middle of the road, but he can certainly still start for alot of teams. He wont be out of work for long if Cinci parts ways with him. Hes one of those guys who could bounce back under a new coach or team.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2010, 05:01 PM

Couldn't agree more.

He's been a different QB since he got Kimo von Olhoeffen'd.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 05:02 PM
He really hasnt been that bad, just looking at his stats. Nothing special, but not awful either. Hes middle of the road, but he can certainly still start for alot of teams. He wont be out of work for long if Cinci parts ways with him. Hes one of those guys who could bounce back under a new coach or team.

Watch him play much?

I've seen him play twice and he's much MUCH worse than his stats. He's piled up a bunch of garbage time stats as well as gotten lucky on several balls that should've been picked.

He's one of the 5 worst QBs I've seen this season. I don't believe that's truly all he can be, but he's simply a shell in Cincy right now.

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2010, 05:03 PM

Minnesota would be perfect for him and for them as well.

DTLB58
12-21-2010, 05:57 PM

Did some people not get the memo who the Chiefs G.M. is?

And don't give me yea but he signed Moss in N.E.

This is K.C. Moss and Owens aren't the same and this is Pioli's show and Team now.
They aren't going to take guys like that. Do yourself a favor and read a few articles. SI a few weeks back had a story on the rebuilding of the Chiefs. Also there are some real good interviews out there online with Scott explaining how he is building the Chiefs.

Remember the draft last year and all the team captins they drafted? I don't think T.O. fits under that.

Pushead2
12-21-2010, 06:07 PM
hopefully not too far to not command his team to a win Sunday

Rams Fan
12-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I think he's league average. The Bengals as a whole this year suck. Palmer would be better with a change of scenery.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2010, 06:28 PM
I've seen him every week...and I don't think he is as bad as you state. He is no different than any QB who has no line to protect him. I think he is gun-shy since he got his knee hurt, but he would still be a good QB with a good o-line and someone to throw to who isn't named Ochocinco or T.O.

Have I not acknowledged that I think he has more talent than he's shown this season?

Yeah, he's gun-shy and his team has been in shambles. I said very early on that I think he still has the talent.

At the same time - he's been abysmal this season. Has it been all his fault? Nope, and I acknowledged as much. But he's made a ton of poor decisions and poor throws this year.

He's a better QB than that, but his stats are prettier than his performance this year. He's been lousy.

jettio
12-21-2010, 06:57 PM
His arm injuries affected him much more than his knee injury.

He had a much better arm and much better timing coming out of USC. If he did a pro day now he would be much less than he was when he was drafted.

He was great, but he is like Steve Busby, the Royals pitcher from the 70's, never the same guy with the same tools after arm injuries.

lazepoo
12-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I could also see him in Minnesota. They're going to be completely out of options at QB for the new coach and the fanbase is still in win now mode. Wilf could do it just to help drum up support for a new stadium.

WebGem
12-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Did anyone watch Cinci regularly back when Carson was doing great? What were the differences? Did he just start to suck? Or does he not have the talent around him/coaching he used to?

milkman
12-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Did anyone watch Cinci regularly back when Carson was doing great? What were the differences? Did he just start to suck? Or does he not have the talent around him/coaching he used to?

Warpath had it right earlier.

He has not been the same guy since his knee got blown up.

He's had other injuries that have affected him, but that knee injury got into his head.

He plays scared.

patteeu
12-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I was listening to a station out of Cincinnati on my way home from the Chiefs/Rams game Sunday night and there was a Bengals postgame show on. The host kept referring to his show as the longest running group therapy program on the radio. Anyway, it didn't sound like he thought there was any chance that Carson Palmer would be going anywhere anytime soon and none of the callers were talking about moving on either. The host's take was that the Bengals offensive line is the biggest problem and he thinks that if they can shore that up, Palmer will be much improved.

I don't watch Bengals games so I'm not endorsing these views. Just passing them on.

notorious
12-21-2010, 10:13 PM
The host's take was that the Bengals offensive line is the biggest problem and he thinks that if they can shore that up, Palmer will be much improved.

TrueFans have no borders. They infect every team.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Warpath had it right earlier.

He has not been the same guy since his knee got blown up.

He's had other injuries that have affected him, but that knee injury got into his head.

He plays scared.

Yep. He almost refuses to step fully into a throw, which is why his throws don't have the juice on them they once had.

Dude's a fucking headcase now. No confidence at all.

gman1220
12-21-2010, 10:22 PM
wouldnt be a bad idea chu bring him t o kc if chad and terrel would come also chu know could really help us out with some wide out help and cassel i nthere would be a a good mix ya thats right a good mix

Deberg_1990
12-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I wonder if the Bengals will dump Marvin Lewis? He just seems like one of those guys who can never get a team over the hump.

Chiefs Rool
12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Did some people not get the memo who the Chiefs G.M. is?

And don't give me yea but he signed Moss in N.E.

This is K.C. Moss and Owens aren't the same and this is Pioli's show and Team now.
They aren't going to take guys like that. Do yourself a favor and read a few articles. SI a few weeks back had a story on the rebuilding of the Chiefs. Also there are some real good interviews out there online with Scott explaining how he is building the Chiefs.

Remember the draft last year and all the team captins they drafted? I don't think T.O. fits under that.

I wasn't saying, let's sign TO!

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2010, 11:18 PM
I'd love to bump the thread where I was getting shit for saying Palmer was an average QB that was largely a product of his offensive line in his most productive years.

Palmer is horrendous with pocket awareness. He has no mobility and he doesn't pick up the blitz. As I said earlier in the year and was railed on for, the decision to bring T.O. was stupid to epic proportions. First, you have to figure out how to spread the ball between two receivers who throw a bitch fit if they're not getting X number of touches a game. Think that doesn't get into Carson's head? "Oh, if I don't throw it to T.O. here, he's going to chew me out in the locker room." Nothing good comes out of a situation where a QB is thinking more about keeping his receivers happy than about which receiver is in the best position to make a play.

But my other point was that the Bengals should be a running team. They don't have the offensive line to pass protect Palmer and if you don't have that, Palmer struggles. He's Trent Green, basically. Early in his career, he was protected by Willie Anderson, Levi Jones (pre knee injury) and Eric Steinbach--all terrific linemen. When they run the ball, they keep a lot of the blitz pressure off his back. Honestly, I think that if you put Matt Cassel in an offense with Chad Johnson and T.O., the results wouldn't be all that much different. Cassel belongs in a run-first offense, as does Carson.

Prince22
12-21-2010, 11:21 PM
He's terrible. He had to have set the record for pick 6's this year.

Hootie
12-21-2010, 11:44 PM
it will never happen...but props are due

but I was probably the 1st person in football to call this...

I called it over 2 years ago

but hey I'm just a moron

jjchieffan
12-22-2010, 12:21 AM
hey I'm just a moron

Now there's a statement that everyone on CP can agree on. :evil:

Frankie
12-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I wonder if the Bengals will dump Marvin Lewis? He just seems like one of those guys who can never get a team over the hump.

Assistant coach material in over his head for a few years too many. I think last year was a fluke.

veist
12-22-2010, 12:59 AM
His arm injuries affected him much more than his knee injury.

He had a much better arm and much better timing coming out of USC. If he did a pro day now he would be much less than he was when he was drafted.

He was great, but he is like Steve Busby, the Royals pitcher from the 70's, never the same guy with the same tools after arm injuries.

Yeah, I really agree with this take. He put up very similar numbers in 2005 before his knee got blown up and in 2006 with his surgically repaired knee.

As far as his status with the Bengals who knows. The fact is that he's due a lot of money and their owner is a notorious skinflint. Mike Brown doesn't even pay for a proper scouting department, I wouldn't be so sure he's going to pay the $16M or whatever it is they are going to owe Palmer next year to go out there and play like he has.

BryanBusby
12-22-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't think the knee is having an impact on him now, but I think the elbow injury certainly is. He was fine right after the knee dive, but has not been the same the elbow problem in his throwing arm.

With that said, it's not just him. Bob Bratkowski (Bengals ocoordinator) allowed his offense to collapse down the stretch and into the playoffs, but he was not fired. The running game has fallen off of a cliff, Ocho has became invisible (it's bad when a 37 year old TO is the only bright spot in the passing game) and their offensive line looks like complete swiss cheese.

That's before you factor in the Dline that struggles to get any pressure on opposing QB's, so they can't hold onto a lead to save their lives. A lot of Palmers picks have came from trying to make something out of nothing.

patteeu
12-22-2010, 05:51 AM
I'd love to bump the thread where I was getting shit for saying Palmer was an average QB that was largely a product of his offensive line in his most productive years.

Palmer is horrendous with pocket awareness. He has no mobility and he doesn't pick up the blitz. As I said earlier in the year and was railed on for, the decision to bring T.O. was stupid to epic proportions. First, you have to figure out how to spread the ball between two receivers who throw a bitch fit if they're not getting X number of touches a game. Think that doesn't get into Carson's head? "Oh, if I don't throw it to T.O. here, he's going to chew me out in the locker room." Nothing good comes out of a situation where a QB is thinking more about keeping his receivers happy than about which receiver is in the best position to make a play.

But my other point was that the Bengals should be a running team. They don't have the offensive line to pass protect Palmer and if you don't have that, Palmer struggles. He's Trent Green, basically. Early in his career, he was protected by Willie Anderson, Levi Jones (pre knee injury) and Eric Steinbach--all terrific linemen. When they run the ball, they keep a lot of the blitz pressure off his back. Honestly, I think that if you put Matt Cassel in an offense with Chad Johnson and T.O., the results wouldn't be all that much different. Cassel belongs in a run-first offense, as does Carson.

Do you have a radio show in Cincinnati? Because that's exactly what the guy I heard last Sunday was saying (minus the Cassel stuff).

Deberg_1990
12-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Whats amazing is, Lewis has never really been able to build a dominating Defense there, when he made his rep in Baltimore doing just that.

stevieray
12-22-2010, 07:37 AM
he gets a pass, becuase he's better than Cassel.

SAUTO
12-22-2010, 07:42 AM

but hey I'm just a moron

hey ive been saying it since i got here.

MahiMike
12-22-2010, 07:56 AM
He is definitely backup material now. They need to blow up that whole team.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Do you have a radio show in Cincinnati? Because that's exactly what the guy I heard last Sunday was saying (minus the Cassel stuff).

Great minds think alike, I suppose

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Whats amazing is, Lewis has never really been able to build a dominating Defense there, when he made his rep in Baltimore doing just that.

I feel for Lewis. I think he'll make an outstanding coach somewhere.

Mike Brown is a cheapskate with no concept for building a team. He's forced Lewis to build a team around a bunch of criminal punks rather than around football players. Lewis' job became 100 times harder because he not only had to help come up with gameplans, he also had to handhold his own players to convince them to want to play football.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
12-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Palmer never was good to fall, he was overrated IMO.

B_Ambuehl
12-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Cincinnati also has the worst offense and worst playcalling in the NFL. Their offense is so easy to defend any QB would struggle in it.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 12:10 PM
This is what you said:

"Watch him play much?

I've seen him play twice and he's much MUCH worse than his stats. He's piled up a bunch of garbage time stats as well as gotten lucky on several balls that should've been picked.

He's one of the 5 worst QBs I've seen this season. I don't believe that's truly all he can be, but he's simply a shell in Cincy right now."

You were leaving the impression he was poor this year....I think he's much better than that. I think he has 4 or 5 serviceable years left, even with the bad knee.

Correct, but I had a previous post that further expounded my position. I think the talent's there and the attitude isn't.

He can be a good quarterback, but right now he is most assuredly a very bad one.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 12:48 PM
hey ive been saying it since i got here.

well I'm not sure if the archives would be as friendly to you as they are to me...

I was fucking anally raped by the drafturbators for saying Palmer would be out of a starting job after this year 2.5 years ago...

Mecca even started a thread after some flukey ass game winning drives last year (around week 10) stating how Palmer should be MVP...

last year was a fucking joke...

he'd play like nutsack for 90% of the game and then lead one good drive to pull off a miracle victory like he was some sort of "captain clutch" against the prevent bullshit defenses...

his last year was like Sanchez this year...

Those two are both awful NFL QB's.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 12:49 PM

but hey I'm just a moron

"See, I told you guys all along that Priest Holmes wasn't any good" -- Hootie in 2007...

You get no props for saying that Carson Palmer wasn't any good through the 2007 season. In fact, that's just stupid. The guy was a good to great QB during that 3 year run.

Then he got hurt, then he got hurt again. He's not been the same since - congratulations on espousing a truisim; hurt players don't tend to play well. Especially hurt players with a mental block.

I'm not sure what you think you've proven here. You're no more right than any idiot would've been from 2005-2007 who tried to claim that Holmes was nothing more than a product of his O-Line during his elite seasons and his struggles over that later timeframe clearly vindicate you.

alpha_omega
12-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Double This!

Hootie
12-22-2010, 12:53 PM
what the fuck are you talking about?

My thought process on Holmes is this:

He was AMAZING, Marshall Faulk-esque in 2002 before the hip injury. After the hip injury he was still good, and he was perfect for our system...a very patient back with good hands who took advantage of our great line and his patience made him very effective in 03 and 04...

but then in 04 we saw no dropoff in production after his next injury between Blaylock and Johnson...in fact...Johnson was the best of the bunch in limited action that year...

and then in 05 we blew our season by wasting 7 games on Priest Holmes...Johnson would have smashed every record in the book that year had we not been feeding the ball to Holmes for half of the season...

It was like a legitimate "LJ needs more carries" situation...

So Priest was a great Chief but a tad overrated...

in 05 he should have been the goalline back and LJ should have been the between the 20s back for the ENTIRE season...not just after Priest got hurt.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 12:55 PM
and I don't care what you say about Palmer and blah blah blah

I took all sorts of shit 2.5 years ago from EVERYONE when I said Palmer was terrible...and referred to him as a less talented Drew Bledsoe...and said he had terrible pocket awareness...

Mecca refuted all of it...

and I was laughed at for saying he would be a career backup after 2010...

and this was before the 09 season even started...

but whatever I'm just an idiot...

blah blah blah Dane McCloud argument! When you're wrong just call someone an idiot and hope your band of buddies shows up to soften the blows

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 12:58 PM
what the **** are you talking about?

My thought process on Holmes is this:

He was AMAZING, Marshall Faulk-esque in 2002 before the hip injury. After the hip injury he was still good, and he was perfect for our system...a very patient back with good hands who took advantage of our great line and his patience made him very effective in 03 and 04...

but then in 04 we saw no dropoff in production after his next injury between Blaylock and Johnson...in fact...Johnson was the best of the bunch in limited action that year...

and then in 05 we blew our season by wasting 7 games on Priest Holmes...Johnson would have smashed every record in the book that year had we not been feeding the ball to Holmes for half of the season...

It was like a legitimate "LJ needs more carries" situation...

So Priest was a great Chief but a tad overrated...

in 05 he should have been the goalline back and LJ should have been the between the 20s back for the ENTIRE season...not just after Priest got hurt.

And you see no parallels between Holmes situation and Palmers?

Both of them (virtually any great NFL player in fact) had tools around them that allowed them to be very good at their jobs. Both of them did a better job of utilizing those tools than most players would have done given similar ones.

And after multiple injuries that both deprived them of some of their phsycial skills, but also their mental edge, neither one of them remained as effective.

So trying to say you were right all along re: Carson Palmer would be like someone saying they were right all along by arguing that Holmes was never really that good.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Palmer is a QB and Holmes is a RB...

Tom Brady injured his knee two years ago and look at him now...

but hey...I know you guys were all super wrong about Palmer and the fact that Palmer does, indeed, suck...

so at least you have an excuse to not look so stupid

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Palmer is a QB and Holmes is a RB...

Tom Brady injured his knee two years ago and look at him now...

but hey...I know you guys were all super wrong about Palmer and the fact that Palmer does, indeed, suck...

so at least you have an excuse to not look so stupid

Where was he after his knee injury? How 'bout the Pro-Bowl?

In the 2006 and 2007 seasons he threw for over 8,000 yards and 50 TDs with a passer rating around 90. Those were the two seasons immediately after his knee surgery.

Then in 2008 he blew out his elbow. He's struggled ever since.

Like I said - you beating your chest about Palmer sucking since he blew out his elbow and elected not to have surgery on a torn ulnar collateral ligament (those are kind've important for an NFL quarterback) is no different than touting how awesome you were after Holmes' neck injury.

"That Lou Gehrig guy, I told you all he was a pussy" -- Hootie, 1939.

Keep on patting yourself on the back. But you were right the first time - you are just a moron.

The Franchise
12-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Hootie is to "I told you so" posts

as

TheGuardian is to homophobic slurs.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Hootie is to "I told you so" posts

as

TheGuardian is to homophobic slurs.

Nah.

TheGuardian's actually pretty good at homophobic slurs.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty good at "I told you so" posts since I'm always telling you all so...

but hey...that's fine...don't give me any credit for Palmer...

I mean...if you all knew he wouldn't bounce back from his elbow injury you should have all been agreeing with me rather than making fun of me...no?

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty good at "I told you so" posts since I'm always telling you all so...

but hey...that's fine...don't give me any credit for Palmer...

I mean...if you all knew he wouldn't bounce back from his elbow injury you should have all been agreeing with me rather than making fun of me...no?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4284396&postcount=238

I think Palmer is good, not great...

You even go on to say that the Bengals aren't good (so that 4,000 season couldn't have been that easy, eh?)

This was prior to his arm injury and is certainly a far cry from your present stance "I said Palmer sucked all along....LOOK AT ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!"

If your position is that you were right when you said he'd be bad after his arm injury - like I said, congratulations on your truism. We're all better for knowing that water is wet and NFL quarterbacks who's arms blow apart and aren't really repaired will not be as good as they were before their elbow exploded.

You're as full of shit as you ever were.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 03:48 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4284396&postcount=238

This was prior to his arm injury and is certainly a far cry from your present stance "I said Palmer sucked all along....LOOK AT ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!"

You're as full of shit as you ever were.

that is 2007 you dumb fuck

I said I called before the 2009 season started that he wouldn't be an NFL starter by 2011

Hootie
12-22-2010, 03:49 PM
mecca was calling him a top 3 QB there lol

and then last year when the Bengals lucked into a division title he started a thread stating Palmer should be MVP

and he scoffed at me for comparing him to a less talented version of Drew Bledsoe

but whatever

pretend like you and the bators didn't slam on me for my Palmer takes before the 09 season...

this entire board was mocking me for bashing Palmer

If I need to I guess I'll go find the threads?

want me to?

want me to?

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 03:50 PM
that is 2007 you dumb ****

I said I called before the 2009 season started that he wouldn't be an NFL starter by 2011

So quarterbacks are worse after their elbows explode? And water is, in fact, wet.

Again - thank you for that bit of insight. You're truly brilliant and we should all bow to you.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
So quarterbacks are worse after their elbows explode? And water is, in fact, wet.

Again - thank you for that bit of insight. You're truly brilliant and we should all bow to you.

well if you were so privy to this knowledge perhaps instead of the board pile on I received for saying Palmer was a statue in the pocket with no pocket presence and subpar accuracy and a QB who wouldn't be starting by 2011...instead of a board pile on everyone should have been in agreement...no?

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
mecca was calling him a top 3 QB there lol

and then last year when the Bengals lucked into a division title he started a thread stating Palmer should be MVP

and he scoffed at me for comparing him to a less talented version of Drew Bledsoe

but whatever

pretend like you and the bators didn't slam on me for my Palmer takes before the 09 season...

this entire board was mocking me for bashing Palmer

If I need to I guess I'll go find the threads?

want me to?

want me to?

Have at it, chief. Go ahead and find that post where I slammed on you for a Palmer take.

Give it your best shot.

Well, apart from the last several where I pointed out how full of shit you are for either A) Changing your story or B) Beating your chest over a prediction that a dude with a torn elbow might not be as effective as he was. BRILLIANT!

Brock
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
You think Romo is better than Carson Palmer.....ok let's stop arguing now, that is flat stupid.

wat

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 03:55 PM
well if you were so privy to this knowledge perhaps instead of the board pile on I received for saying Palmer was a statue in the pocket with no pocket presence and subpar accuracy and a QB who wouldn't be starting by 2011...instead of a board pile on everyone should have been in agreement...no?

I don't pretend to speak for The Planet.

I will only point out that some folks sure do like feeling persecuted.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 03:57 PM
by the way

from that same 2007 thread (before elbow injury)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4284348&postcount=235

but way to cherry pick to make yourself look awesome

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 04:00 PM
by the way

from that same 2007 thread (before elbow injury)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4284348&postcount=235

but way to cherry pick to make yourself look awesome

How'd I cherry pick? I posted the quote which re-iterates your belief that he's overrated.

And by overrated you stated you think "he's good, not great"...

When construing conflicting statements, the specific will always trump the general. Your general statement - "I think he is overrated" is superseded by your more specific statement - "I think he is good, not great..."

So you have clearly stated that, prior to his injury, you thought Palmer was a good quarterback. From there you're simply beating your chest over your prediction that an NFL quarterback that blew his elbow apart wouldn't bounce back from it.

Congrats - you rock. Props and what not.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:02 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6175145&postcount=329

amazing? It makes Matt Cassel god damn amazing.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:03 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6175157&postcount=336

before their playoff loss last year where I predicted he would be exposed as the fluke ass QB he was last season...

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 04:06 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6175145&postcount=329

amazing? It makes Matt Cassel god damn amazing.

So we've gone from "I said all along he sucks and you ****ers picked on me"

To

2007 -- "He's a good quarterback"
2009 (After he blew out his elbow and struggled for a season+) -- "He's no more than average."

You're right - you had this one pegged from day 1. Congrats, we all defer to your vast knowledge and insight. Your ability to act as a weathervane in light of changing circumstances makes one stand in awe...

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Jesus.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6175330&postcount=417

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Jesus.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6175330&postcount=417

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6175339&postcount=422

Peyton Manning
GAP
GAP
GAP
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning

Jesus, indeed.

Seriously - you're honestly sitting here nailing yourself to a cross because Mecca disagreed with your assertion that Palmer is average. FFS, get over yourself, Mecca's disagree with everyone and everyone's been wrong here many MANY times.

You're also amending your assertion that he was an average quarterback to "I said he sucked" while simultaneously ignoring the fact that you had Donovan McNabb listed as a top 4 NFL quartback as recently as 1 season ago.

Do you recognize what a ****ing idiot you are? Do you lack even a modicum of self-awareness?

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Donovan McNabb has been a top 5 or top 10 QB his entire career...

Eli has more Super Bowl's than Rivers...

I wonder what kind of QB Eli would be in San Diego and what kind of QB Rivers would be in New York...

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
found my thread...not as good as I thought it would be...but I should've cashed in on that Patriots future bet but I forgot to bet it :(

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674585&postcount=315
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674591&postcount=316
mecca: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674607&postcount=321
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674612&postcount=325
otwp: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674619&postcount=326
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674637&postcount=331
mecca: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674702&postcount=353
dane: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6675180&postcount=373
dane (braylon better than bowe) http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6675181&postcount=374
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6680265&postcount=443

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2010, 04:30 PM
I guess if we're resorting to digging up posts that have nothing to do with the subject at hand...

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674353&postcount=233

and I think Brandon Carr is marginal talent, at best...

MAYBE he projects as a decent #3 CB...but I think this is a position the Chiefs definitely need to upgrade sooner rather than later.

Solid 5th round pick, I'll give him that.

Marginal talent though.

Ginn has upside, and Carr has marginal talent.

Wow.

Yeah, that's right.

I'd take Ted Ginn over Brandon Carr every single day of the year.

Carr is an interchangeable piece to say the least...dude gets abused by every WR he faces...he's ok. He's decent. He's worth a roster spot. He works hard.

Marginal talent.

Ginn has more NFL upside than Brandon Carr...and it isn't even close.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Donovan McNabb has been a top 5 or top 10 QB his entire career...

Eli has more Super Bowl's than Rivers...

I wonder what kind of QB Eli would be in San Diego and what kind of QB Rivers would be in New York...

Whatever you say, Tex.

Mecca calling Palmer a quarterback you build your team around is most assuredly no more assinine than your assertion a mere 14 months ago that Donavan McNabb was the 4th best quarterback in football, or that both he and Eli Manning are better quarterbacks than Philip Rivers or Aaron Rodgers.

They're all equally foolish. Perhaps not quite as foolish as your argument that Eli is better than Rogers/Rivers, etc... because he has won more rings than them in concert with your stubborn insistence on refusing to give any weight to the fact that Brady has won significantly more rings than Peyton, but I digress.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Mecca popping up in any Redskins threads pointing out what a ****tard you are.

Primarily because...well, you're the only ****tard that would really pound your chest this 'victory' of yours.

I don't need to continue to berate you here. As I said - you lack any semblance of self-awareness. I'm just glad I could put forward yet another display of your idiocy for the rest of the Planet's digestion.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah, no I know...

I've said many times this year I've eaten my crow for Carr..

he has been great and I was dead wrong

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 04:35 PM
found my thread...not as good as I thought it would be...but I should've cashed in on that Patriots future bet but I forgot to bet it :(

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674585&postcount=315
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674591&postcount=316
mecca: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674607&postcount=321
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674612&postcount=325
otwp: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674619&postcount=326
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674637&postcount=331
mecca: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6674702&postcount=353
dane: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6675180&postcount=373
dane (braylon better than bowe) http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6675181&postcount=374
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6680265&postcount=443

WTF does this have to do with anything?

Did it occur to you how stupid this Palmer quest of yours was so you're desperately trying to change the subject? Or did you finally just short circuit?

Is this pile of random posts the rubble that spewed forth when you finally siezed up due to backlog of insanity that was incapable of escaping that worthless maw of yours at any given time?

You really do suck. At pretty much everything.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:36 PM
I called Rodgers being a great QB from the get go...

I won a bet with some ribking fella who disappeared afterwards saying Rodgers would start 12+ games and post a QB rating of over 90 the year he took over for Favre...

McNabb has had ONE BAD YEAR (this year) and he's fallen off the map...but he was a top 5 QB his entire career so fuck you for that one...

and I like Eli...I think he's a good QB...and he's won a Super Bowl...isn't that some sort of BIG THING around these parts? Shit I agree...Super Bowl wins for a QB is a team effort...and it appears as if Rivers, Rodgers and a few others may have surpassed Eli but I don't think Eli is a slouch by any means...

I think he's in a terrible system...I think he could have better coaches...and I think if he played in San Diego and Rivers played in New York we may have different opinions about the two.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
nah I was looking for that thread forever DJ...didn't want to start a new thread so I posted it in this one...

I was right about Palmer before anyone...I called him overrated in 07 and said before the 09 season he wouldn't be deserving of a starting QB spot by 2011...

so I already won that one

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 04:38 PM
nah I was looking for that thread forever DJ...didn't want to start a new thread so I posted it in this one...

I was right about Palmer before anyone...I called him overrated in 07 and said before the 09 season he wouldn't be deserving of a starting QB spot by 2011...

so I already won that one

You also called him 'Good' in '07 and 'Average' in '09.

So if that's what counts as a victory in your world - savor it.

Because your losses are truly epic.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah, no I know...

I've said many times this year I've eaten my crow for Carr..

he has been great and I was dead wrong

I haven't seen it, but I'll take this post as evidence.

Respect for admitting it.

Hootie
12-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I haven't seen it, but I'll take this post as evidence.

Respect for admitting it.

I said it three or four times this year...most recently in the game thread against Denver I believe when he was in full beast mode.

I couldn't have been more wrong about a player. Carr is awesome.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I said it three or four times this year...most recently in the game thread against Denver I believe when he was in full beast mode.

I couldn't have been more wrong about a player. Carr is awesome.

I wasn't online during that time. Buried in schoolwork and other life events.

Bottom line, everyone's wrong eventually. I can only think of two posters on this board that all but refuse to admit it, however.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I wasn't online during that time. Buried in schoolwork and other life events.

Bottom line, everyone's wrong eventually. I can only think of two posters on this board that all but refuse to admit it, however.

{Raises hand}

But seriously - it's only because I'm always right...

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2010, 05:07 PM
{Raises hand}

But seriously - it's only because I'm always right...

Funny, but you (and anyone else with eyes) knows exactly who I'm referring to.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Funny, but you (and anyone else with eyes) knows exactly who I'm referring to.

Sacoshit and Knowmo

Hootie
12-22-2010, 05:12 PM
we'd count mecca but he quit the board and now he's a one board man (adultfriendfinder)...

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2010, 05:29 PM
we'd count mecca but he quit the board and now he's a one board man (adultfriendfinder)...

There's one.

The other is his homophobic twin.