PDA

View Full Version : News Bad day for the Chicago Fire Department, Again

Frazod
12-22-2010, 07:10 PM
This morning two Chicago firemen were killed and 17 others were injured in a building collapse. In a tragic, bizarre and totally fucked up coincidence, this happened on the 100th anniversary of the worst disaster in CFD history, when 21 firemen were killed in a fire at the stockyards on December 22, 1910.

I know most of you don't think much of Chicago (believe me, I don't either), but no matter where they live and work, I have no greater respect for any group of people than I do for firemen. They are professional heroes. If you are so inclined, prayers or well wishes for the fallen and wounded, as well as their families (three days before Christmas) would seem appropriate.

Here's a link to the Sun Times story.

http://www.suntimes.com/2984860-417/firefighters-building-ankum-fire-stringer.html

:(

HonestChieffan
12-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Sad deal. Firemen are under appreciated everywhere and things like this underscore the risks they take.

Pants
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Sad deal. Firemen are under appreciated everywhere and things like this underscore the risks they take.

They don't get paid shit in these here parts either. It's BS. They should be paid a lot more, it's a shame.