PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs in the Big Show 2011

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2010, 04:06 AM
Having earned the opportunity, could they plan, execute, and dig deep enough to win it? Is there enough hunger there to outmaneuver "superior talent"?
Could we convince Mo' Kessel to adopt a more manly and righteous "celebratory fist-pump" in the style of Billy Idol for such an event?

Discus.

michaelj_58
12-25-2010, 08:41 AM
I think we need a couple more players to become a really good team. lets start with fitz from arizona and a stud nose tackle and who else????????????????

Huffman83
12-25-2010, 08:47 AM
I'd honestly prefer this year to be "The year." Kind of like AZ a couple years back that would just rise above their expectations and went to the Superbowl. You never saw them coming!

Dave Lane
12-25-2010, 08:50 AM
And clone Tom Brady and a young Willie Roaf and re-animate Derrick Thomas and Neal Smith as long as we are playing in fantasy land.

cdcox
12-25-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd honestly prefer this year to be "The year the dynasty begins." Kind of like the Pats a few years back that would just rise above their expectations and won the Superbowl. You never saw them coming!

FYP

Dave Lane
12-25-2010, 08:51 AM
I'd honestly prefer this year to be "The year." Kind of like AZ a couple years back that would just rise above their expectations and went to the Superbowl. You never saw them coming!

Wow I know you must be all alone there, I mean who'd want to see the Chiefs win the Superbowl?

Pablo
12-25-2010, 08:58 AM
FYPI like this.

Huffman83
12-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Sure, I'd obviously love for the Chiefs to go and win the superbowl. However you have to get there first. And honestly, we shouldn't discuss any of this until the next two games are won. They're not in the playoffs yet.

JD10367
12-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Having earned the opportunity, could they plan, execute, and dig deep enough to win it? Is there enough hunger there to outmaneuver "superior talent"?

Yes. --- 2001 Patriots and 2007 Giants

/thread

Mr. Arrowhead
12-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Once you get in the Playoffs, then anything can happen, but prolly not likely, we are still a couple players away from being a serious contender.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-25-2010, 11:04 AM
If we did manage to make it to the playoffs we would have the Running back with the freshest legs because Charles needed more carries and never got them. And that alone combined with the fact we don't get penalized or turn the ball over could possibly give us a chance to make a run.

But , we'll probably lose to the Titans and it won't matter.

KurtCobain
12-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Wow I know you must be all alone there, I mean who'd want to see the Chiefs win the Superbowl?

I think there's a few posters that would rather us bow out before the superbowl because they think we'd get crushed in it, and then take on the 'losers' curse for next year. Fucking stupid if you ask me.

Fritz88
12-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Our D is not there jetzt.
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain
12-25-2010, 12:23 PM
If Nick Fairly breaks a limb in the champ game, you think he'll slip to us?

B_Ambuehl
12-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Casshole

'nuff said

Reerun_KC
12-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Casshole

'nuff said

Post fail. Nuff said

B_Ambuehl
12-25-2010, 12:35 PM
So now Cassel's a superbowl QB? LOL What it must be like to be Clark Hunt. People wonder why this team never wins anything. When your fans are that gullible and will support whatever slapdick roster you throw out there why even make a real attempt to win?

Huffman83
12-25-2010, 12:38 PM
While the guy has been playing better. If one would say Cassel is a Super Bowl QB, it's more in a Rex Grossman Superbowl QB kind of way.

milkman
12-25-2010, 12:48 PM
So now Cassel's a superbowl QB? LOL What it must be like to be Clark Hunt. People wonder why this team never wins anything. When your fans are that gullible and will support whatever slapdick roster you throw out there why even make a real attempt to win?

I wonder?
Have you ever been right about anything?

While the guy has been playing better. If one would say Cassel is a Super Bowl QB, it's more in a Rex Grossman Superbowl QB kind of way.

You are right.
He isn't there yet, but he's made huge strides this season, and there's no way to know whether he's reached his ceiling.

Also, the Rex Grossman comparison is off the mark.

Grossman completed fewer than 55% of his pass attempts and threw 20 picks.
But aside from stats, Grossman had a propensity to make big plays down the field which kind of overshadowed his otherwise poor play, while Cassel is playing more efficiently, without the big mistakes, but also without much in the way of big plays.

Huffman83
12-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I really meant it in more of a "yes, he played in a superbowl...but he can still play horrible so that doesn't really mean shit." kind of way

DBOSHO
12-25-2010, 12:57 PM
I hated cassel more than anything, but after last week, im almost a believer.

WebGem
12-25-2010, 12:58 PM
If we win the division this year it's gonna make for an even tougher schedule than it already is. I wouldn't be totally shocked if KC has a setback next year, record wise. The team should be better though no doubt.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Casshole

'nuff said

your and idiot

'nuff said

TinyEvel
12-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Discus?

http://theolympianblog.com/olympian-to-watch-lithuanias-virgilijus/

CrazyPhuD
12-25-2010, 08:34 PM
6 of 9 wins are against the worst teams in the NFL.

/thread

Love it for what it is but we likely won't have a winning record next year much less a playoff slot especially if we have a 1st place schedule.

Huffman83
12-25-2010, 08:49 PM

/thread

Love it for what it is but we likely won't have a winning record next year much less a playoff slot especially if we have a 1st place schedule.

I think the confidence/swagger of this year would help next year. Especially if there's a run at some decent free agents and another solid draft. KC had a schedule last year that was incredibly harsh and given a few plays that didn't go KC's way. They could have won those games. There were 6 games in 2009 that were close. 3 against playoff teams that year.

Ming the Merciless
12-25-2010, 09:35 PM

/thread

right because we wont do anything to improve more or get more players...lol fail

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I hated cassel more than anything, but after last week, im almost a believer.

It's crystal clear that he is vital to the team effort. I wish he could do more, but I'm confident that he will work himself in to a better QB than we've had in a long time.