PDA

View Full Version : Football Is the Vikings vs Eagles game postponed? (yes)

Rams Fan
12-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm reading that it might be. Does anyone know if it is?

Coach
12-26-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't know. Is it?
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
12-26-2010, 09:41 AM
What would they postpone it for? Favre?

milkman
12-26-2010, 09:43 AM
NFL Network reporting that Greg Aiello tweets that they are discussing it.

Rams Fan
12-26-2010, 09:43 AM
According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the league is currently discussing postponing Sunday night's Eagles - Vikings game.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40811263/ns/sports-player_news/

Bane
12-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Probably the best thing after all of those players lost their careers and lives playing on that frozen tundra last week.

Chief Pote
12-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Postpone because of snow? Effin pussies

kstater
12-26-2010, 09:46 AM
They're thinking of postponing a game for fucking snow? Lemme guess, Favre might be available tomorrow but not tonight.

kstater
12-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Didn't it snow like a foot in Chicago last week?

Bwana
12-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Postpone because of snow? Effin pussies

Yeah no shit. :shake:

milkman
12-26-2010, 09:49 AM
They're thinking of postponing a game for ****ing snow? Lemme guess, Favre might be available tomorrow but not tonight.

Maybe the team bus has bad tires.

Chief Pote
12-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Yeah no shit. :shake:

Maybe they should consider that THE football players can't run as fast or hit as hard so they don't hurt themselves. Maybe they could get more ball warmers so their nuts don't freeze. Bet the players are pissed.

kstater
12-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Some of the NFL's most iconic games are in the snow.

Radar Chief
12-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Because of snow? Seriously?

unothadeal
12-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Maybe they should consider that THE football players can't run as fast or hit as hard so they don't hurt themselves. Maybe they could get more ball warmers so their nuts don't freeze. Bet the players are pissed.

Why did you emphasize "the"?

siberian khatru
12-26-2010, 09:56 AM
You have GOT to be kidding me.

Also, my FFL opponent is starting Vick, so I really want to see them play tonight. :evil:

12-26-2010, 09:57 AM
The Bears vs Patriots game had blizzard conditions and they played. this is the Eagles being pussies. no doubt about it. snow games are great!

12-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Im assuming the Eagles are doing it because the place will probably be empty. so it's a money factor with another new stadium and their luxury boxes.

Bwana
12-26-2010, 10:01 AM
The Bears vs Patriots game had blizzard conditions and they played. this is the Eagles being pussies. no doubt about it. snow games are great!

If things keep heading the direction they have been going in the NFL, they will be wearing a team dress, playing touch football and doing it only on nice WARM sunny days. :shake:

BigRedChief
12-26-2010, 10:06 AM
WTF? for snow?

agree effing pussies

Chiefaholic
12-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Unless Philli recently added a vinly roof over the stadium, I see no reason why football shouldn't be played this evening.

Chief Pote
12-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Why did you emphasize "the"?

Mostly because the NFL continues to protect their football players in odd ways and they appear to view them as a commodity. Build more domes if you're afraid of the elements. Can you remember a game that where players braved sunny and 72 degrees weather? Wait I'll answer that.....Nope.

12-26-2010, 10:21 AM
If things keep heading the direction they have been going in the NFL, they will be wearing a team dress, playing touch football and doing it only on nice WARM sunny days. :shake:

I agree. and what I dont get is that they are having the super bowl in the Meadowlands in a couple of years (dumbest ides in the world) and now the NFL is crying because of snow in Philly?

Bwana
12-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I agree. and what I dont get is that they are having the super bowl in the Meadowlands in a couple of years (dumbest ides in the world) and now the NFL is crying because of snow in Philly?

I could see if a giant hurricane was going to hit an area, or something along those lines, but this is a fucking snow storm!

Dear NFL, screw you for even considering it!

Here's to you:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/196/473641101_6ff48a258d_o.jpg

12-26-2010, 10:28 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/nfl-ponders-postponement-of-philly-blizzard-game/

We’d love to know what the Vikings did to piss off Mother Nature.

For the third straight week, the team that once prided itself on playing in the elements faces another weather-related complication. On the road in Philadelphia with a blizzard in the forecast, the Vikings may not be playing on Sunday night, after all.

Asked whether the league has decided to postpone the game in the face of potential safety and travel hazards occasioned by a major storm expected to hit Philadelphia, Boston, New York, and other points on the East Coast, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on his Twitter page, “Not yet. We’re discussing situation. Stand by.”

The “stand by” implies that an answer could come sooner rather than later.

The easier question could be whether to play the game on Sunday night. (Then again, guys like Dave Goldberg already are balking at a postponement, pointing to the Ice Bowl and the AFC title game played in worse-than-dangerous conditions in Cincinnati.) The tougher question would be when to play it? ESPN owns the rights to Monday night, and at a minimum they’d want a big chunk of their weekly payment (roughly $65 million) back if NBC simultaneously is carrying a game on network television, even if the start times are staggered.

Another possibility would be to move the Saints-Falcons game to Tuesday night, but that would infringe on the slate of bowl games. (I know this only because West Virginia will be playing someone in a Tuesday night bowl game, somewhere.) Also, the Saints and Falcons wouldn’t be happy about having one less day in a week already shortened by the Monday night assignment.

Either way, the Vikings-Eagles game needs to be played on Sunday or on Monday. The Eagles remain in the thick of the NFC East chase, and they have a very real shot at the No. 2 seed in the conference.

Either way, it’s going to be an interesting day. Especially since I’m in New York, and the snow finally is starting to fall.

12-26-2010, 10:31 AM
I could see if a giant hurricane was going to hit an area, or something along those lines, but this is a ****ing snow storm!

Dear NFL, screw you for even considering it!

Here's to you:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/196/473641101_6ff48a258d_o.jpg

Well, to be honest it is a noreaster. which is basically a hurricane with snow. they are expecting 60 mph winds for about 4-5 hours this afternoon into this evening.

But they knew this was coming yesterday..lol..and any travel excuses are bull shit because the Jets will be stuck in Chicago and the Giants will be stuck in green bay until Monday anyways.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I wonder if this is about keeping Vick and the Eagles healthy? If this were between two non playoff teams like last nights game, would the NFL even give a sh*t? NFL trying to protect its investments here.

Bwana
12-26-2010, 10:36 AM
I wonder if this is about keeping Vick and the Eagles healthy? If this were between two non playoff teams like last nights game, would the NFL even give a sh*t? NFL trying to protect its investments here.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is about Vick. He won't look great playing in the *gasp* snow.

Chief Pote
12-26-2010, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is about Vick. He won't look great playing in the *gasp* snow.

I hoped for the snow storm. The team I'm playing in the fantasy championship has Vick and Desean Jackson. :thumb: More snow the better.

Demonpenz
12-26-2010, 10:44 AM
give me a fucking break, Vick would make people look stupid in any weather. He would make people look even dumber in snow since he knows where he is going and other people don't

Bwana
12-26-2010, 10:47 AM
give me a ****ing break, Vick would make people look stupid in any weather. He would make people look even dumber in snow since he knows where he is going and other people don't

Well, IF the NFL grows a set of balls, we will get a chance to find out.

kpic
12-26-2010, 11:00 AM
I live just outside Phila and the city has just announced a state of emergency starting at 2pm. So I would think this has less than the NFL wimping out and more to do with the city declaring the emergency. All I know is I'll be stuck inside for a day or so!

12-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, IF the NFL grows a set of balls, we will get a chance to find out.

They're skeered of being sued if anybody going to the game gets hurt. because the blizzard warnings went out yesterday.

Bwana
12-26-2010, 11:08 AM
They're skeered of being sued if anybody going to the game gets hurt. because the blizzard warnings went out yesterday.

Heh, isn't life grand? I guess that's why it's full of choices.

Judge: "So Mr. Fan, did anyone hold you at gun point and MAKE you come to the game."

Fan: "No"

Judge: "Get the fuck out of my court, you time burning dickweed."

cdcox
12-26-2010, 11:17 AM
NFL network now saying that it is "likely" that the game will be postponed.

CrazyPhuD
12-26-2010, 11:23 AM
fuck yea....thats the only thing that concerned me about that game.

I have vick, mccoy, desean, webb, harvin(webb if favre out harvin if favre in).

But yea besides from fantasy it is a pussy thing...

except the have to think about the lives and health of the fans trying to get to the game too.

kpic
Yep, been postponed to Tuesday night.

RINGLEADER
The snow? Even mailmen work in the snow.

milkman
12-26-2010, 11:26 AM
The answer is in, and that answer is "Yes, the game will be postponed".

kpic
12-26-2010, 11:27 AM
All I know is it's coming down hard now - they say 18-20". And I KNOW I'll be inside while the wife & kid shovel as I just had my appendix out last week - Fuk it!! I should be like Matt and go out there and shovel the whole thing!!!

LaChapelle
12-26-2010, 11:30 AM
A whole week of football

Bwana
12-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Yep, been postponed to Tuesday night.

Jesus :shake:

Welcome to the "new NFL."

Lex Luthor
12-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Damn it. I was looking forward to watching an NFL game in a blizzard.

CrazyPhuD
12-26-2010, 11:33 AM
fuck it better still be on nbc...if it's on nfln I'll be pissed

12-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Damn it. I was looking forward to watching an NFL game in a blizzard.

Snow games are the best!

Brock
12-26-2010, 11:37 AM
So....no game tonight? WTF am I going to do?

Chief Pote
12-26-2010, 11:38 AM
cocksuckin nfl pussies. this shit will cost me the champiuonship. Im fuckin mad now

siberian khatru
12-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Roger Goodell wears frilly panties.

Chief Pote
12-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Blizzard? WTF.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=19019

I don't think so. Definition is 35 MPH winds SUSTAINED...not gusts.

Marcellus
12-26-2010, 11:42 AM
What would they do had it been a playoff game?

Bwana
12-26-2010, 11:43 AM
So....no game tonight? WTF am I going to do?

Write Roger Goodell a nice long email stating in no uncertain terms, what a dress shaking, pussy touch football league the NFL has become. End it with something like "don't go outside without you boots scarf and warm mittens. Stay warm tiger!."

DaFace
12-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Umm...postpone it to Tuesday? :shrug:

12-26-2010, 11:45 AM

See, this is a good question. the dumbass NFL is having a super bowl in the shithole meadowlands in a few years. are they gonna delay a super bowl because of snow?

Bwana
12-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Upgraded the players with a prom dress, rather than a regular dress, before cancelling the game until "Mr. sunshine" came out to make everyone nice and toasty warm!

kstater
12-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Fucking pussies

Red Brooklyn
12-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Insane.

SPchief
12-26-2010, 12:02 PM
ITS FOOTBALL

Bwana
12-26-2010, 12:15 PM
ITS FOOTBALL

Not anymore........say hello so NFL soccer.

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/soccer_is_gay.jpg

JD10367
12-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Unreal. How many great games have been played in the snow? Shit, the Patriots team I follow has a bunch by themselves (the infamous snowplow game against Miami where the convict drove onto the field to clear a place for the winning FG, the "tuck rule" game against Oakland). It's one thing to postpone a game for lightning, but... snow? Really? What an embarrassment.

CrazyPhuD
12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Unreal. How many great games have been played in the snow? Shit, the Patriots team I follow has a bunch by themselves (the infamous snowplow game against Miami where the convict drove onto the field to clear a place for the winning FG, the "tuck rule" game against Oakland). It's one thing to postpone a game for lightning, but... snow? Really? What an embarrassment.

I love how people are calling the NFL pussies. I would say there's a 110% chance the city flat out said you're not holding a game tonight...next. This one is dictated by the city of philly for the safety of not only thier citizens but also their road crews. The city will likely be shut down tonight. Do you really think they're going to bust thier ass to try to make it less dangerous for a football game?

kstater
12-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I love how people are calling the NFL pussies. I would say there's a 110% chance the city flat out said you're not holding a game tonight...next. This one is dictated by the city of philly for the safety of not only thier citizens but also their road crews. The city will likely be shut down tonight. Do you really think they're going to bust thier ass to try to make it less dangerous for a football game?

The city of Philly said they're ready and can have the streets ready. Next point?

Brock
12-26-2010, 02:18 PM

Looks like you were wrong.

Demonpenz
12-26-2010, 02:48 PM
and bad at math

Bwana
12-26-2010, 03:40 PM
The city of Philly said they're ready and can have the streets ready. Next point?

Bingo

Rain Man
12-26-2010, 09:20 PM
This is a really bad precedent. The NFL opened the door to teams having "weather issues" to delay games when their star player is questionable with an injury, or when their team doesn't play well in the rain or the cold. They should've said, "We're playing this game and it doesn't matter if there are 12 people in the stands. We're the f*****g NFL and we don't run inside when we see snowflakes," and then killed a third-world peasant with a baseball bat to prove the point.

But seriously, bad precedent. If the city really thinks there's a problem, then move the game and take the economic impact out of the city and let them decide if it's worth it. But don't change the day.

Bwana
12-26-2010, 09:26 PM
This is a really bad precedent. The NFL opened the door to teams having "weather issues" to delay games when their star player is questionable with an injury, or when their team doesn't play well in the rain or the cold. They should've said, "We're playing this game and it doesn't matter if there are 12 people in the stands. We're the f*****g NFL and we don't run inside when we see snowflakes," and then killed a third-world peasant with a baseball bat to prove the point.

But seriously, bad precedent. If the city really thinks there's a problem, then move the game and take the economic impact out of the city and let them decide if it's worth it. But don't change the day.

I agree 100%.

Buck
12-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi.

Is this game still going to be nationally broadcast?

GloryDayz
12-26-2010, 09:37 PM
A) I think it's CRAP, B) It makes me laugh to know the JA gets to wait around even longer for his loserassself to play another TOTALLY irrelevant game as a non-Chief, and C) Gee JA, if you had any vision, you might have seen this coming.... Enjoy the early off-season (if you can fly back to YOUR HOME TOWN to pack your bags)!!!

Rams Fan
12-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi.

I think it is.

Ming the Merciless
12-26-2010, 09:39 PM
This is a really bad precedent. The NFL opened the door to teams having "weather issues" to delay games when their star player is questionable with an injury, or when their team doesn't play well in the rain or the cold.

Absolutely fucking 100% correct....Horrible.

12-26-2010, 09:42 PM
postponing a game because of snow? Pussies.

notorious
12-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Terrible.

Were they worried Philly fans were going to boo and throw snowballs at Santa again?

Skyy God
12-27-2010, 10:40 AM
postponing a game because of snow? Pussies.

They postponed the game for this? Let the Farve conspiracy theories commence.

http://deadspin.com/5718440/heres-what-philadelphia-looked-like-around-the-moment-the-eaglesvikings-game-was-supposed-to-start

Dayze
12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
This is a very bad precedent; Collinsworth said as much last night (I was shocked the network would allow anyone to say anything negative about the NFL).

I fully expect games to be postponed due to weather in the future, at a greater frequency.

Now that the floodgates have been opened, what are the reasons to postpone a game now? Too much Rain? Too Windy? Too muddy of a field? Too much Snow? Too Cold? Too hot

Crush
12-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi.

NBC would choke a bitch, if the NFL attempted to take away their national audience.

Crush
12-27-2010, 11:47 AM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5931/340xb.jpg

GloryDayz
12-27-2010, 12:07 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5931/340xb.jpg

Returning from the non-game in Philly? ROFL