PDA

View Full Version : Life What to do with a Chiefs Xmas gift...

MikeMaslowski
12-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Hello all,

Merry Division winner day!

Strait to the point: I received a Christmas gift from my mother. You've all seen it. Its the picture with the jerseys hanging in the locker with players names on it. There is Cassel, Bowe, Berry....then my last name and high school football number. To me, it is a big face palm. I would never have purchased it with my name on it. However, it is from my mommy and was very thoughtful. She made a comment that I could hang it in my man cave... it would go next to the picture my wife got me of the stadium when it must've been a preseason game or something cuz there is no emblems in the endzone.

They have tried so hard that I must put them up....but how do I curb this in the future? Or should I just shut the eff up, be happy that I have a fam that tries hard and deal? I figure option 2 is the way to go.

What say you?

Edit: Have you ever gotten a Chiefs gift that you weren't sure about? Sometimes the knockoff stuff has a really ugly red color too..

Have another beer on me!

Maz

HoneyBadger
12-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Just put it up. I'm sure it will look nice, and what can it hurt?

Chiefshrink
12-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Be grateful that you have a family that not only recognizes one of your passions but totally supports it.:thumb: It's not corny to have your name on the jersey because it is who you are in your DNA and you are a CHIEF!!:thumb:

MikeMaslowski
12-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Be grateful that you have a family that not only recognizes one of your passions but totally supports it.:thumb: It's not corny to have your name on the jersey because it is who you are in your DNA and you are a CHIEF!!:thumb:

I'm grabbing the drill as I write this! Great statement....probably one of the best I've seen on this forum! Bravo, Bravo!

HotRoute
12-27-2010, 01:49 AM

Well said

HotRoute
12-27-2010, 01:52 AM
I also like the idea of a preseason picture like that, images of running backs in port a potties and Eric Berry carrying pads come to mind. Just a reminder of all the hard work these guys have put in and how they have earned the right to be called division champs

peckergnat
12-27-2010, 04:37 AM
I about crapped my drawers one time when I opened my gift to find a vintage Len Dawson jersey. Except when I pulled it out, I noticed more than the name, it was a #80, Lake Dawson, who had been gone for a couple years.

Footnote: Lake Dawson is now the director of player personel for the Titans.

runnercyclist
12-27-2010, 07:00 AM
I also like the idea of a preseason picture like that, images of running backs in port a potties and Eric Berry carrying pads come to mind. Just a reminder of all the hard work these guys have put in and how they have earned the right to be called division champs

This was a great mental image of this summer! We made the trip from The 304 to STJ to see Training Camp. It was awesome. I'm thinking we'll have to do that again next year.

MikeMaslowski
12-27-2010, 10:54 AM
This was a great mental image of this summer! We made the trip from The 304 to STJ to see Training Camp. It was awesome. I'm thinking we'll have to do that again next year.

I bet that place will be jam packed next year...

Mama Hip Rockets
12-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I about crapped my drawers one time when I opened my gift to find a vintage Len Dawson jersey. Except when I pulled it out, I noticed more than the name, it was a #80, Lake Dawson, who had been gone for a couple years.

Footnote: Lake Dawson is now the director of player personel for the Titans.

ROFL

Oh man, that sucks.

MikeMaslowski
12-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Well, the picture has been up for two days. Had a buddy over, he looked at it and told me it was *stupid*(changed cuz my friends are pretty vulgar), once I said it was a present he lightened up.

loochy
12-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, the picture has been up for two days. Had a buddy over, he looked at it and told me it was *stupid*(changed cuz my friends are pretty vulgar), once I said it was a present he lightened up.

I don't understand what is wrong with it. Why do so many people hate on personally customized jerseys. I, for one, think it is a bit weird to wear someone else's jersey...

threebag
12-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Put the Damn thing up. If it wasn't for her you wouldn't be here.