PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs-Titans game report

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Chiefs-Titans game report (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/26/2543610/chiefs-rams-game-report.html)

FIRST QUARTER
•Key play: Matt Cassel passed 14 yards to Dexter McCluster on third and 6 to the Tennessee 14 on the first possession of the game. Jamaal Charles scored on a pass on the next play and put the Chiefs ahead 7-0.

•Key stat: Cassel was 10 of 11 for 111 yards and two touchdowns.

SECOND QUARTER
•Key play: On third and 9 from the Chiefs’ 25, Cassel found Dwayne Bowe open down the middle. Bowe avoided a tackle attempt and made his way into the end zone for the touchdown that put the Chiefs ahead 24-0.

•Key stat: The Chiefs had 327 yards in the half.

THIRD QUARTER

•Key play: Tennessee’s Cortland Finnegan had a chance to make things interesting midway through the period. Instead, he dropped a third-down Cassel pass that he might have returned for a touchdown. The Chiefs punted, and Tennessee took possession at its 20.

•Key stat: The Chiefs were eight of 14 in converting third downs, compared with three of 10 for the Titans.

FOURTH QUARTER

•Key play: With Tennessee down 20 points but driving midway through the period, Brandon Carr took the ball away from Kenny Britt for an interception at the Kansas City 9.

•Key stat: Zero points for the Titans in the period.

•Player of the game: Cassel has had bigger games for the Chiefs but none with the season on the line like this.

•Reason to hope: The Chiefs didn’t waste any time in dispatching an inferior opponent. That’s how playoff teams do it.

•Reason to mope: The Chiefs committed seven big penalties for 84 yards. They’ll have to be more disciplined than that to win in January.

•Looking ahead: The Chiefs clinched the AFC West championship by beating the Titans combined with the Chargers’ loss to Cincinnati. The Chiefs will finish the regular season Sunday against the Raiders at Arrowhead Stadium, and they’ll have a first-round playoff game at home either Jan. 8 or Jan. 9.

 REPORT CARD

B Rushing offense It was great when Jamaal Charles got the ball, poor when it was Thomas Jones, and slightly above average overall.

A- Passing offense The day’s only negative goes to Brodie Croyle and his throw that was behind Dwayne Bowe and then intercepted.

A Rushing defense Not Kansas City’s best day statistically, but it’s right up there considering the talents of Chris Johnson.

A- Passing defense A veteran quarterback threw 37 passes against the Chiefs, but they minimized the damage.

A- Special teams At long last, something the Chiefs can be proud of.

A Coaching Nice job by Todd Haley and his staff to keep the Chiefs focused on a big-picture day.

dj56dt58
12-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Next Sunday I will get up early just to worship Matt Cassel..and to masturbate...but mainly to worship Cassel

TinyEvel
12-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Who's Teicher? And why does this read like a propagandous high school newspaper column?

Don't get me wrong, I think the Chiefs played a great game today, I think they have a bright immediate future. But this "cooking the books' breakdown is nothing more than a bunch of "Tell me something I don't already know" garbage.

I got MUCH more out of Blowfish's recap and Rainman's thread.