PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So how much will the starters play against the Raiders?

Deberg_1990
12-27-2010, 09:14 AM
A series or two? None at all?

Croyle plays the 1st half, Palko plays the 2nd half? What would you do if you were coach?

cmh6476
12-27-2010, 09:17 AM
i just wish we knew who we were playing in round 1 so we could start scouting now. I think we play everybody through the first half, unless there is a lingering issue where it would benefit the player to have a week of rest to get healthy for the playoff game. F*ck the raiduhs

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2010, 09:17 AM
The entire game, or until we have a comfortable lead.

loochy
12-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah, the Chiefs need to win this game. The seedings DO make a difference in who we play and who we get homefield against. I don't think anyone sits unless it ends up being a game where we are pwning or getting pwnt.

Extra Point
12-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Up until Cassel gets sacked twice, or we have a 21 point lead, whichever comes first, starting in the 4th quarter.

The Bad Guy
12-27-2010, 09:23 AM
No way I rest anyone. This team is still learning a lot together.

Earthling
12-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Tough call. I'd be tempted to treat it as a pre-season game and maybe play the starters for the first half only mostly.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2010, 09:30 AM
No way I rest anyone. This team is still learning a lot together.

Thoroughly agree:thumb:

runnercyclist
12-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Is our most important game of they year, one we need to accomplish our goal of getting 3 wins in the fourth quarter of the season. All the starters will play until the game is securely in hand.

Sofa King
12-27-2010, 09:36 AM
much much rather play the Jets than the Ravens.

Frosty
12-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't rest anyone because it's important to get that #3 seed (and also to not get swept by the ****ing Raiders :mad:).

I would be tempted to sit Flowers for a game, though, as it is clear that he is still hurting. If a week of rest would help him be better in the playoffs, I would rest him against the Raiders.

MichaelH
12-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Remember back to the begining of the season and starting 3-0, then a bye week. In week 5, the Chiefs came out and played flat in my opinion. It's the only reason the Colts won. I don't want to see anyone get hurt but.....

1. they are playing well and need to keep it rolling
2. the minute Croyle came in it was like a vaccuum sucked the life out of the offense
3. it's the Faiders. I would like to see them get pummeled. If they run all over the Chiefs at Arrowhead, it's never a good thing.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Remember back to the begiining of the season and starting 3-0, then a bye week.

This is exactly why IMO they may rest some players. The Bye week was forever ago.

MichaelH
12-27-2010, 09:43 AM
This is exactly why IMO they may rest some players. The Bye week was forever ago.

Ok, rest some players. But Cassel needs to start. He had a week of rest two weeks ago and got to sleep on his couch during a game. :)

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2010, 09:45 AM
This is exactly why IMO they may rest some players. The Bye week was forever ago.This game isnt meaningless. I'd like to have the #3 seed.

BigRedChief
12-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Thoroughly agree:thumb:Until Charles pulls a hammy or Cassel takes a shot to mid-section. Then everyone will be going WTF were they doing?

Nzoner
12-27-2010, 10:02 AM
This game isnt meaningless. I'd like to have the #3 seed.

Yes

Lzen
12-27-2010, 10:03 AM
This game is not meaningless. They won't rest the starters. If the Chiefs lose and the Colts win, the Colts will be the #3 seed and the Chiefs the #4 seed by virtue of the head to head win by Indy. If the Chiefs win this week, they get the #3 seed.

What that means is that if the Chiefs get the 3 seed, they will most likely play the Jets as opposed to the Ravens. And if they win their playoff game at home, they would then most likely have to go to Pitt rather than NE. They will most likely lose to either of those teams, but I like our chances much better against Pitt than against NE. Nobody is beating NE this year, IMO.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I'd rest Charles, Waters (let Asa get snaps), and maybe even let Rudy get some time for Wiegs... This rests the older fellas and keeps our playmaker fresh. Flowers definitely needs to sit out this game as well, he needs to stay off his feet for a week.

eazyb81
12-27-2010, 10:10 AM
It would be incredibly stupid to sit anyone unless they have a nagging injury that could use a week off, like Flowers. This team is in a nice groove right now and we need to keep it going.

Losing at home to the Raiders would be some awful mojo heading into the playoffs.

Frazod
12-27-2010, 10:11 AM
This game is not meaningless. They won't rest the starters. If the Chiefs lose and the Colts win, the Colts will be the #3 seed and the Chiefs the #4 seed by virtue of the head to head win by Indy. If the Chiefs win this week, they get the #3 seed. What that means is that if the Chiefs get the 3 seed, they will most likely play the Jets as opposed to the Ravens. And if they win their playoff game at home, they would then most likely have to go to Pitt rather than NE. They will most likely lose to either of those teams, but I like our chances much better against Pitt than against NE.

This This This.

While my reasonable expectations end at winning ONE, JUST ONE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AFTER ALL THESE LONG WRETCHED FUCKING YEARS, playoff game :grovel: IMO the only chance we have of going deep into the playoffs is getting the 3 seed. If we win that first game, we have a slim chance of beating Pittsburgh on the road, but pretty much no chance of beating New England.

Perfect world scenario - we beat the Jets and $tealer$. The Ravens take out the Colts and then somehow manage to knock off the Patriots (they probably have the best chance to do it), but exhaust themselves in the process, and we take them out at the AFC Championship Game in Arrowhead.

:rockon:

Yes, you'd all like some of what I'm drinking right now. LMAO

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2010, 10:12 AM
I'd rest Charles, Waters (let Asa get snaps), and maybe even let Rudy get some time for Wiegs... This rests the older fellas and keeps our playmaker fresh. Flowers definitely needs to sit out this game as well, he needs to stay off his feet for a week.Reading fail? This is NOT a meaningless game.

Lzen
12-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Perfect world scenario - we beat the Jets and $tealer$. The Ravens take out the Colts and then somehow manage to knock off the Patriots (they probably have the best chance to do it), but exhaust themselves in the process, and we take them out at the AFC Championship Game in Arrowhead.

JIMP!

dallaschiefsfan
12-27-2010, 11:47 AM
This game isnt meaningless. I'd like to have the #3 seed.

Nobody denies this. That's not the point. There has to be some discretion shown. While we can all agree we'd rather play the Jets, I think we can handle any team coming into Arrowhead. I'd take the Ravens or Steelers any day over having an injured Flowers, Charles or Cassel in week one of the playoffs.

I DO think we should play Cassel...but on a strict 3-drop basis with LOTS of running, screens and timing patterns that keeps him safe in the pocket.

Charles should not play much at all. Battle is not a slouch. He can handle some carries and Jones can supplement for the first half. Jones looks tired. He probably needs some rest as well. McCluster had his rest already. Play him in Charles usual spot and put Battle in for Jones' plays.

Flowers should sit. Just my opinion, but we need him as rested and fresh for week one of the playoffs as possible. We've won without him being 100%...so I think this would be a minimal sacrifice for a larger good.

Also...for those making the whole "playing flat" argument after the bye you have to take into account the entire team having not played during the bye week. That does not apply to a team that has only select players be rested. It's not like Cassel played flat after the appendectomy. And does anyone really believe Charles would play flat after a week of rest? Doubt it.

CaliforniaChief
12-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Pedal to the metal. Finish it. Go into the playoffs with momentum and confidence.

Besides, we don't want to give them the satisfaction of an undefeated division record. Send them into the offseason with a crushing defeat and a little losing streak to think about.

Rain Man
12-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Pedal to the metal. Finish it. Go into the playoffs with momentum and confidence.

Yep. I want to see the backups come in when we're up 42-0 at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and not a moment sooner. You have to stay in the groove.

I'll also postulate that this team is still coalescing, which means that they're getting better every week that they play together. Playing next week will make them better, and not playing will make them worse.

Inspector
12-27-2010, 12:05 PM
These guys are really starting to click. I think they keep them playing for not only the reasons mentioned in regards to the standings but to keep them in sync. I read somewhere (probably on here) that the teams with the best chance are the ones who are really peaking at the end of the season. Chiefs look to me like they are really hitting their stride right now.

But then, what do I know. I'm a mental case so I have to take that into consideration.

CaliforniaChief
12-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Yep. I want to see the backups come in when we're up 42-0 at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and not a moment sooner. You have to stay in the groove.

I'll also postulate that this team is still coalescing, which means that they're getting better every week that they play together. Playing next week will make them better, and not playing will make them worse.

Agree 100%

Demonpenz
12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't play cassel or bowe.

philfree
12-27-2010, 12:10 PM
There is no way in Hell that I want to risk losing to the Raiders at home to finish the season. I want the #3 seed and I want everyone to know that we are the best team in the AFCW.

We Are The Champions!

PhilFree:arrow:

ReynardMuldrake
12-27-2010, 12:28 PM
There is no way in Hell that I want to risk losing to the Raiders at home to finish the season. I want the #3 seed and I want everyone to know that we are the best team in the AFCW.

We Are The Champions!

PhilFree:arrow:

This. Time to pound those pussies!

Micjones
12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
There's far too much at stake to be resting starters:
1. The #3 seed in the post-season.
2. A chance to carry momentum into the post-season.
3. A chance to win out at Arrowhead Stadium.
4. A chance to redeem yourself against a divisional opponent.

R8RFAN
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
http://onlytheblogknowsbrooklyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/400px-Broom_icon.svg_.png

mlyonsd
12-27-2010, 12:51 PM
http://onlytheblogknowsbrooklyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/400px-Broom_icon.svg_.png

Yes, there will be extra work for raider fans....Arrowhead will need to get cleaned up after our home playoff game.

Brock
12-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Cable when the playoffs are going on

http://www.loosebellyfateasily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/couch-potato.jpg

pagriep
12-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Although it would be tempting to rest some players, we are not performing consistently. When we get blown out of the water by the chargers and broncos earlier in the year, it shows that we have much to do. I am thankful for a playoff game. However, we must continue to develop a rhythm.

Go Chiefs!!!

Ming the Merciless
12-27-2010, 01:13 PM
The entire game, or until we have a comfortable lead.

This...

Seeding matters as does experience...

38yrsfan
12-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Unless a player is sore or injured the time to rest is in the off season. From here on the attitude should be - it's the playoffs and you play to win!

Also .... this is the Raiders!

That alone should be enough to have every player that can run and hit fired up and getting ready to hand those cheatin, scum-suckin, sister-marrying, dirty-playin wads a whoopin they won't forget!

I watched our first game against them with one other Chiefs fan surrounded by 40 Raider fans and had to listen to blah-blah-blah half-wits carry-on. Told them that I would be back and I will be going back.

Chiefs
2010 AFC West Champs!

Over-Head
12-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Dont matter how this one ends.
A chiefs win has your fans saying "Our team is better" with us saying "why should we care, our season is over"

A loss has your fans saying "Why kill our starters were in the playoffs baby!!!!"
With us saying "You suck and we proved it"

A no win no lose situation all the way around (fan wise) IMO

Me I'd really like to see a close action filled game instead of a blow out by EITHER team
BUT
Having said that, your seeding in the playoffs lies in the balance

Either way, congrats on the AFC title (taken ya long enough :p )
Just don't choak in the first round huhh????

FlaChief58
12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Keep the momentum going and play em the whole game (unless we're blowing them out). Who knows how far we can go in the playoffs with a full head of steam. With the 3 seed on the line, I don't think we can or should rest the players. Plus ass pounding the Gaiders would be a HUGE bonus.

I get the concerns for injury, but I think this team needs the grind to stay sharp.

LaChapelle
12-28-2010, 11:54 AM
The starters will play/PFT via Haley/probably repost