PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How far will the Chiefs go?

DaFace
12-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I know we don't necessarily know who our opponents will be at this point. But if you had to bet today how far the Chiefs will go this year, what would you say?

Bane
12-27-2010, 01:06 PM
ALL THE WAY!DUH!!!!!!

Bowser
12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
4-12, fourth in the AFC West. [/KnowMo]

Bearcat2005
12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
IMO I think we can win the first game (if v. NYJ), but lose to Pittsburg (assuming BAL wins).

WebGem
12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
The Chiefs will win the Super Bowl

Ming the Merciless
12-27-2010, 01:11 PM
IS "the exact opposite of anything Clayton Wendler says" one of the choices?

runnercyclist
12-27-2010, 01:18 PM
See you in Dallas!

Bane
12-27-2010, 01:22 PM
See you in Dallas!

America.....FUCK YEAH!!!

Pioli Zombie
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Win over the Jets then they "shock the world" by beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh and then lose an epic AFC Title game in Foxboro in a ESPN and CBS wet dream matchup.

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2010, 01:28 PM
You'll win the Super Bowl, but you'll have to assassinate the refs, who hate Kansas City generally, the Chiefs specifically, each and every Chiefs fan particularly, and Bane personally.

Pioli Zombie
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
...And after they lose the AFC title game Mecca and Hamas will declare the season,Pioli,Haley,and Cassel failures.

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
If the Chiefs somehow made it to the SB, it would almost be a home game there in Dallas.

Bearcat
12-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm kind of 50/50 on the first round, but I voted they'll lose that game... playing at home is huge, but I think they're a year away from being a dangerous playoff team. It's been a really fun year, and I'm looking forward to seeing 2 more games at Arrowhead in the next couple of weeks, but won't have any expectations for the playoffs... well, nothing above not shitting the bed.

Bearcat
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Knowmo is the only other person to vote that they'll lose in round 1... ouch. LMAO

JohninGpt
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Go big or go home, uncautiously (if not unwisely) optomistic.

WebGem
12-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I just hope Dustin Colquitt doesn't break that $40 million dollar TV. That would suck to have to pay for that.

Frazod
12-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I want ONE FUCKING PLAYOFF WIN. JUST ONE. IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK AFTER ALL THESE YEARS? Anything else is gravy, a wonderful bonus, and I'd be thrilled if it happened, but if we go one-and-done again I'll be pissed.

Over-Head
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I want ONE ****ING PLAYOFF WIN. JUST ONE. IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ****ING ASK AFTER ALL THESE YEARS? Anything else is gravy, a wonderful bonus, and I'd be thrilled if it happened, but if we go one-and-done again I'll be pissed.As much as I wish it were us in teh Playoffs, i'm gonna be pissed too if you bunch choak in the first round.
I can't stand the thoughts of ANOTHER f**ken New England superbowl no matter who their playing

Frazod
12-27-2010, 02:05 PM
As much as I wish it were us in teh Playoffs, i'm gonna be pissed too if you bunch choak in the first round.
I can't stand the thoughts of ANOTHER f**ken New England superbowl no matter who their playing

Well, you'd better brace for it, because realistically I don't think anybody's going to beat them. The only reason that Green Bay game was close is because the Packers caught them napping.

luv
12-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I want ONE FUCKING PLAYOFF WIN. JUST ONE. IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK AFTER ALL THESE YEARS? Anything else is gravy, a wonderful bonus, and I'd be thrilled if it happened, but if we go one-and-done again I'll be pissed.

IMO, everything happening right now is gravy. That said, I really want a playoff win, especially so I can say I was there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ralphy Boy
12-27-2010, 02:22 PM
I posted 1 win and loss the following week. I'd love us to do better but at this point I would consider that a great season.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Beat the Jets in round 1, beat the Steelers in round 2, beat the Ravens at Arrowhead in round 3, beat the Falcons in Dallas! You heard it here first!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Championship game. I've engaged Homer-Vision.

ChiefsCountry
12-27-2010, 02:41 PM
If Cassel plays like he did yesterday and against the Seahawks, the sky is the limit.

12-27-2010, 02:43 PM
IMO, everything happening right now is gravy. That said, I really want a playoff win, especially so I can say I was there.
Posted via Mobile Device
THIS

Rausch
12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
As of right now the Chiefs still have an outside shot at the no 2 seed.

Yup.

It has to rain green cheese on the moon, but it IS possible.

DaFace
12-27-2010, 02:45 PM
As of right now the Chiefs still have an outside shot at the no 2 seed.

Yup.

It has to rain green cheese on the moon, but it IS possible.

For the record, this is false.

Rausch
12-27-2010, 02:46 PM
1 win, 1 loss.

DO NOT CARE about what year we are in "rebuild" or "retool" or whatever the fuck it's being called now.

We have a chance to win a home playoff game.

Win.

WHEN IT MATTERS FUCKING WIN!

THAT IS PROGRESS OF THE ONLY KIND THAT MATTERS!

ChiefsCountry
12-27-2010, 02:47 PM
WHEN IT MATTERS ****ING WIN!

THAT IS PROGRESS OF THE ONLY KIND THAT MATTERS!

:thumb::bravo:

Rausch
For the record, this is false.

For the record, take it up with NFL.COM.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c2d42c/article/playoff-picture-2010

Stewie
Shit! I never imagined we'd be in the playoffs this year, much less a home playoff game. It's a great year! I think we'll win one at home and be done.

Donger
12-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Is there a way to make the tags non-visible? They're annoying.

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2010, 02:50 PM

It appears that the second bye will be the Ravens or the Steelers, but not the Chiefs.

Rausch
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
It appears that the second bye will be the Ravens or the Steelers, but not the Chiefs.

It would take about a 1,000 different things to happen for KC to get the 2nd seed but it IS possible...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
I expected a collapse this whole season. Early on, I thought itd be a 09 Broncos type of collapse. Then, I thought it'd be a miss the playoffs type of collapse. Now it's time to believe. Im saying win a game at home and then lose a heartbreaker in the second round on the road

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2010, 02:54 PM
It would take about a 1,000 different things to happen for KC to get the 2nd seed but it IS possible...

Plane crashes don't count.

Frosty
12-27-2010, 02:55 PM

If you click on the "Read More" link when hovering over the Chiefs picture, it says :

COMMENT: Little to play for in Week 17 with the division wrapped up. There's a chance they could slide down to the No. 4 seed with a loss, and they have no shot at No. 2.

Commit2Excellence
12-27-2010, 02:56 PM
The 'Fade will pound you next week.

Then Baltimore will pound you even worse the following week.

Norman Einstein
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
This team has gone further than any fan thought they would after the preseason.

This may not be the year, they may go no further than winning the division. I'm sure that 99% of the fans hope they will go further. I know I'll accept any accomplishment they make for the rest of the season.

I look for better things next year, or equal if they happen to surprise every sports fan in the nation and win the SB.

[on second look] I looked at the balance of votes in the poll - seems like my estimate of 99% hope the Chiefs will go further is wrong.

Rausch
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
If you click on the "Read More" link when hovering over the Chiefs picture, it says :

You fuckers aren't helping!:cuss:

Rain Man
12-27-2010, 02:58 PM

Who do the Raiders play the following week?

I see no reason for pessimism at this point. We'll beat the Raiders next week, and then after that we'll beat one opponent at a time until our Chiefs receive the crown and scepter from Len Dawson.

Rausch
12-27-2010, 02:59 PM

Bla bla.

Whatever.

You might...:grouphug:

Rausch
12-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Who do the Raiders play the following week?

I see no reason for pessimism at this point. We'll beat the Raiders next week, and then after that we'll beat one opponent at a time until our Chiefs receive the crown and scepter from Len Dawson.

To me it will be incomplete unless we fuck up the Colts on the way.

There'd just be something missing...

DaFace
12-27-2010, 03:17 PM

They're wrong. I promise.

EDIT: Nevermind. I now see that the site actually says we can't get to the #2.

DaFace
12-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Is there a way to make the tags non-visible? They're annoying.

They'll be turned off in a few hours. I never leave them on for longer than 24 hours.

Rain Man
12-27-2010, 03:25 PM
To me it will be incomplete unless we **** up the Colts on the way.

There'd just be something missing...

That would indeed be a nice closure to a mini-curse. However, I don't care at this point as long as we win. If every other team loses their quarterbacks to gambling suspensions and if their hotels have fire alarms eight times the night before the game, I don't care. A win is a win for me at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-27-2010, 03:31 PM

Look at this! Look at how stupid you are!

We are going to fucking DESTROY YOU.

DBOSHO
12-27-2010, 03:33 PM
i honestly can see us beating everyone in the afc except the pats.

win vs jets
win vs colts
loss vs pats

chasedude
12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
IS "the exact opposite of anything Clayton Wendler says" one of the choices?

I like this one.

Donger
12-27-2010, 03:41 PM
They'll be turned off in a few hours. I never leave them on for longer than 24 hours.

Great thanks.

luv
12-27-2010, 04:08 PM

At least we have a following week.

Commit2Excellence
12-27-2010, 04:21 PM
The 'Fade will make you wish you didn't have a following week.

In all honesty you'd be better off playing your backups next week.

The 'Fade pound people physically and that kind of pounding takes more than a week to recover from.

Opposing teams are a combined 3-11 the week after playing the 'Fade. It'll be even worse with your geriatric line of Wiegmann, Waters, and Lilja.

JD10367
12-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Not knowing the opponents, I said "win in round one, lose in round two" solely based on the fact that it's home game and then road game. But I need to see the final playoff seeding before I make full predictions on the playoffs. For example, I happen to think the Steelers are a good matchup for the Chiefs. If the seeding falls as most think, it'll be 1) Pats, 2) Steelers, 3) Chiefs, 4) Colts, 5) Ravens, 6) Jets. That would set up Jets at Chiefs and Ravens at Colts. In that scenario, I think the Chiefs win convincingly, setting up a trip to Pittsburgh. I think the Chiefs can win in Pittsburgh, which would put them in the AFCCG, either at New England, or back in Arrowhead against the Colts or Ravens. If they have to come here to New England, that will be an epic game and, obviously, as a Patriots fan I have to give my team the edge, but if the Colts or Ravens beat the Pats I think the Chiefs would have a solid advantage playing back at home.

I'm telling you one thing: there are gonna be some epically good games in the playoffs this year, given the probable opponents in both conferences. Even on the other side, with the Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Saints, probably Packers... good shit.

Norman Einstein
12-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Great thanks.Are they just funny when you aren't the butt of the jokes? I think you just showed your weakness.
Must be Black Monday.

Norman Einstein
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM

The 'Fade pound people physically and that kind of pounding takes more than a week to recover from.

Opposing teams are a combined 3-11 the week after playing the 'Fade. It'll be even worse with your geriatric line of Wiegmann, Waters, and Lilja.

Totally out of touch with reality, eh?

Bowser
12-27-2010, 04:55 PM

:LOL:

CrazyPhuD
12-27-2010, 04:57 PM

you were faded when you wrote this right?

Honestly I think it would be hilarious if the raiders won, 6-0 versus the AFC west and still sitting at home cooking meth during the playoffs.

JD10367
12-27-2010, 05:00 PM

They're certainly the experts at pounding. :hump:

I can't believe the fans you guys have to deal with. Suck-ass team, doesn't make the playoffs, owner's a hack, and they're still creating screen names in December trying to talk shit with the team that actually won the division. Fucking geniuses.

DaFace
12-27-2010, 05:07 PM
They're certainly the experts at pounding. :hump:

I can't believe the fans you guys have to deal with. Suck-ass team, doesn't make the playoffs, owner's a hack, and they're still creating screen names in December trying to talk shit with the team that actually won the division. Fucking geniuses.

For the record, I'm 90% sure this is a mult of one of our own posters. No clue what would be entertaining about pretending to be a Raider troll, but whatever.

As for the user in question, consider this a warning. You're lucky I'm in a good mood and didn't ban your main account.

Ming the Merciless
12-27-2010, 05:08 PM

Is that why you and your bros were all limping around in the hood this weekend?

Over-Head
12-28-2010, 07:20 AM

Carefull about posting links from NFL.com.... lest you forget how bad I got flamed Sunday for believing their "flawed" informtion :doh!:

OldTownChief
12-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Win at Arrowhead. Lose on the road.

Over-Head
12-28-2010, 07:26 AM

Nice dream, but it aint gonna happen.
As bad as I would love to "stick it to em" the CHiefs are reving on all cylinders, while were still gapping the spark plugs. We had a somwhat good year", could have been a lot better (Al I still hate you for passing on Vick when you had the chance) we finally showed some of the "high draft picks" we got were in fact actuall professional football players.

But at the end of the day, why would you want to go out and even try to beat the AFC champs on the last game of the season which means NOTHING to us in teh firstplace........Nothing besides another chance to fugg up a high draft pick???

Over-Head
12-28-2010, 07:30 AM
you were faded when you wrote this right?

Honestly I think it would be hilarious if the raiders won, 6-0 versus the AFC west and still sitting at home cooking Baccon explosion during the playoffs. FYP :thumb:

TimeForWasp
12-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Is it possible to trade for Fitzgerald before the playoffs???

SenselessChiefsFan
12-28-2010, 07:34 AM
The Chiefs do have an outside shot at winning the second seed. The Steelers and Ravens have to lose or tie..... Then, it comes down to strength of schedule, I think. Then, everyone the Chiefs have played needs to win, and everyone the Steelers and Ravens have played needs to lose.

and, of course, as mentioned above, it needs to rain green cheese on the moon.

milkman
12-28-2010, 07:52 AM
With Cassel's progression, and the Chiefs ability to run the ball, they have become a a two dimensional offense, which makes them a dangerous team.

You can no longer stack the box and dare Cassel to beat you, because he will.

You can't fall back and defend the pass, because the Chiefs will kill you running the ball.

I think this team can, and will, win in the Wild Card round.

Assuming that the Steelers win thier last regular season game and secure the 2nd seed, the divisonal round of the playoffs at Pittsburgh is a tough matchup.

I think the Chiefs compete, but lose there.

DaFace
12-28-2010, 09:26 AM
No.
The Chiefs do have an outside shot at winning the second seed. The Steelers and Ravens have to lose or tie..... Then, it comes down to strength of schedule, I think. Then, everyone the Chiefs have played needs to win, and everyone the Steelers and Ravens have played needs to lose.

and, of course, as mentioned above, it needs to rain green cheese on the moon.

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk.

stevieray
12-28-2010, 09:35 AM
what the hell.

why not dream.

Rooster
12-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Super Bowl :thumb:

Extra Point
12-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Gotta wait til after the OAK game, then vote. DaFace, thanks for stretching out the time on this poll.

Graystoke
12-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I believe that we win the 1st round at home, then have a miracle in the 2nd, only to loose the AFC Champ game.

MTG#10
12-28-2010, 11:10 AM
we gotta get the playoff monkey off our back, if we can just win one freakin playoff game I'll be content.

milkman
12-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I believe that we win the 1st round at home, then have a miracle in the 2nd, only to loose Charles in the AFC Champ game.

FYP

Pioli Zombie
12-28-2010, 09:41 PM
If Cassel plays like he did yesterday and against the Seahawks, the sky is the limit.
True. With Cassel playing like he has been the Chiefs are the 2nd best team in the AFC. They can beat the Steelers without question. Its sounds strange but winning the division I think is the kind of major confidence boost that they didn't have when they went into San Diego and Denver and got their asses handed to them. I don't think they knew how good they were then. Now with the AFC West crown this young team can let it fly.

Coach
12-28-2010, 09:43 PM
FWIW, since it's playoff talk, be advised that the OT rule actually change this year. No more coin-toss, kicking a FG, winning the game. Instead of ending an overtime game, a field goal on the opening possession of OT will merely extend the contest. Although a touchdown by either team, at any time, wins the game, if the teams trade field goals, then the next team to score wins.

AustinChief
12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
With Cassel's progression, and the Chiefs ability to run the ball, they have become a a two dimensional offense, which makes them a dangerous team.

You can't fall back and defend the pass, because the Chiefs will kill you running the ball.

Assuming that the Steelers win thier last regular season game and secure the 2nd seed, the divisonal round of the playoffs at Pittsburgh is a tough matchup.

I agree here except that I count the game vs Pitt as a tossup. I am completely 50/50 on our chances there. BUT that's as far as we go. As improved as we are on coaching and chemistry, we are still thin on talent and depth. We are one good draft/offseason away from being a team that we can count on to be in the payoffs for a long time to come.

Bearcat
12-28-2010, 11:32 PM

But, ...oh fuck it.