PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs *Official Jets scouting thread*

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm counting the chickens before they hatch, sue me.

What do we know about the New York Jets?

Let this thread be our official repository for all Jets information, scouting reports, injuries and Mark Sanchez drafturbating.

A few tidbits:

Sanchez played yesterday, and played well despite his shoulder cartilage tear. 24/37, 269, 1/1. Probably the best game he's played in a month, and he did it without much of a running game or support from his defense. I doubt we can count on that shoulder being a factor in two weeks.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is having an excellent year and has only allowed two sacks. Yesterday he played well against Peppers. Hate to say it, but I would be surprised if Tamba Hali had a good game against this guy.

Unbelievable game by Ferguson yesterday. Lined up against the DE who might be the Defensive Player of the Year for much of the game and he totally shut Peppers and anybody else they lined up opposite him down. Always good in pass protection he was a beast in run blocking.

Shonn Greene's best runs were to the left with Ferguson driving his man off the line. It truly was a spectacular performance that seems to be under the radar.

Jets pass D is a problem.

Sorry to say. The pass D is very very broken. Today's effort was embarrassing on D. To be honest, other than the Dolphin game (which was mostly just Henne sucking), the D has been a joke since the Pats game. You cannot win in this league playing D like this. We can't defend the pass.

None of us know anything about the Chiefs, so we'll go into the game thinking it is a gimme. It isn't. Cassel is having the type of season a QB for the Jets has never had. Ever. He doesn't turn it over. Charles is an incredible RB. Bowe is beasting it up. The Chiefs have better personnel than we do on offense. Our D, which we pride ourselves on, has been bad lately. Can we win this game? They are 8-0 in Arrowhead. And even if we win? What does it matter, the Pats will destroy us the following week. We're basically locked into the 6 seed. Nice season, but I don't think it ends the way any of u wanted it to

Our D is no where near elite against any sort of competent QB. We are not even close to where we were at the end of last season. Why is that? Our personnel with Cromartie over Lito Shepherd and Poole over Rhodes is improved. We are nearly the same in every position. Has the league caught up with our schemes? I think that might be the answer. In any event Ryan needs to be more imaginative and mix it up. What he's doing now is clearly not working.

I encourage everyone to peruse Jets forums for information and contribute to this thread.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums

http://forums.theganggreen.com/

Carlota69
12-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Theyre stuck in CHI Town right now?

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 02:30 PM
By the way, there is a lot of talk the Jets will rest their starters against the Bills.

Titty Meat
12-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Santonio Holmes is the only player on offense that scares me.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I like Crennel's D against Sanchez. Be patient and let him fuck up drives on his own

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Jets offense:

Sanchez sucks.
Ferguson is overrated and can't stop power.
Tomlinson is, like Jones, faltering at the end of the year.
Holmes is a legitimate matchup problem.
Edwards is very inconsistent, and he's got lousy hands.
Slauson is a major problem for them at LG.
Keller is a quality pass catching TE.
Greene has been a disappointment.

talastan
12-27-2010, 02:55 PM
It would be nice to shut Tomlinson down one more time. As for the rest of the Offense. Keep an eye on Holmes and Greene, while maybe having Berry smother Keller. Also if the Sea of Red is there in full force I think that Sanchez will crap himself personally. There Defense is very vunerable against the pass so maybe use our passing game to set up the run? :shrug:

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Read about this. Jets fans are pining for Shonn Greene to take over.

That's good news for Dorsey. Is he bad in pass pro or just overall?

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Read about this. Jets fans are pining for Shonn Greene to take over.

Greene is a poor receiver, and Tomlinson is tied for second on the team in receptions. Sanchez needs that outlet, because he'd be panicking under pressure without it, just as he was last year.

That's good news for Dorsey. Is he bad in pass pro or just overall?

He won the job by default this year, since the rookie they drafted was even worse. He's bad in general, and worse against the pass. However, the Jets are often able to protect him, because Mangold is the best center in the game and he's able to help out.

D2112
12-27-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223964

Looking at their schedule, they have beaten just one above 500 team, and that is the Jax Jags.

Who would you rather watch the Jets plays Colts or KC.

LOL!

The Jets are regressing. a sign of great leadership under Rex. they're 1-3 in their last 4 games and had they not squeaked out that win in Pitt it would be another classic soj meltdown.

Sanchez has looked better the last 2 weeks. you know why? they haven't been putting sanchez in obvious passing situations (like they were doing all year until the last 2 games). they called a lot of play action passes on 1st down against the Bears. they were leading the league in 1st down rushing attempts, which is a joke considering how many 2 minute situations they've been in this year.

Rex is god awful coming off bye weeks, so any extra time he has to prepare for the Chiefs will probably benefit the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Bill, tell us about how much you hate your OC, Son Of Marty.

salame
12-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Keller is a problem. Decent tight ends have done well against KC all year.

Bewbies
12-27-2010, 03:26 PM
By the way, there is a lot of talk the Jets will rest their starters against the Bills.

Good. It seems that teams that rest up the last week of the season get whipped in the playoffs.

Bowser
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
On a somewhat related note - You think Mecca will be posting in full fury if the Jets beat us in the playoffs?

cardken
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Getting past the Jets will be harder than you're thinking. The Jets have been battle tested, the Chiefs not so much. Besides they did take one from the Patriots, more than I would expect from the Chiefs.
If the Chiefs do get past the Jets the true test begins against Pittsburgh, or God Forbid their and everybody else in the AFC's doom the Pats. Brady is a surgeon this season and their Defense has really gotten better every week. Damnit!

Bowser
12-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Getting past the Jets will be harder than you're thinking. The Jets have been battle tested, the Chiefs not so much. Besides they did take one from the Patriots, more than I would expect from the Chiefs.
If the Chiefs do get past the Jets the true test begins against Pittsburgh, or God Forbid their and everybody else in the AFC's doom the Pats. Brady is a surgeon this season and their Defense has really gotten better every week. Damnit!

The Jets are sliding, having lost 3 of their last 4. Their QB is dinged, and I would loved to see a 75% Sanchez come in here and play a playoff game. And using the Pats as an example may not be the best thing to enhance your point. The Browns beat the Pats by 30 this year, too.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I encourage everyone to peruse Jets forums for information and contribute to this thread.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums

http://forums.theganggreen.com/[/QUOTE]

OK, but I guarantee you I'll get banned after I explain to them what it takes to produce enough pork to satisfy their fatass coach.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM

Pioli knows the Patriots weaknesses. We'll smoke right by them too. You might as well plan on a road trip to Dallas.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Players on our roster who have been battle tested:

Brian Waters
Casey Wiegmann
Ryan Lilja
Thomas Jones
Chris Chambers
Derrick Johnson
Ron Edwards
Tamba Hali
Jon McGraw

ALL of those players have playoff experience. The fact that three of them are in the offensive line and another three are in the front seven means quite a bit.

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 03:37 PM
One thing the Jets do is spread the ball around. That can cause a problem for the Chiefs, who have some issues with linebackers in coverage.

Another is the use of exotic blitzes. It hasn't worked for the Jets this year, but I don't think you want to trust Richardson to make the right choices when protecting Cassel. That'll be a challenge for Weis, and you could see the Chiefs putting a TE outside of Richardson a lot in order to limit Richardson's need to properly diagnose plays.

D2112
12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Bill, tell us about how much you hate your OC, Son Of Marty.

He sucks. Late in the Miami game the Jets were driving with 1:30 left on the clock and no timeouts. they had just got a 1st down at midfield, so they are in hurry up. Sanchez is screaming at him to call a play (doesnt that idiot know to call 2 plays at a time in the hurry up offense?) anyways, he spikes the ****ing ball on 1st down with 1:30 left on the clock (plenty of time!). they needed that ****ing down because they gave up the ball on downs after that series.

Same shit in Pitt last week. he doesnt run the ****ing ball on 3rd down late in the game, and he gives the Steelers all the time in the world to try and tie it up. his game management is awful.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
That'll be a challenge for Weis, and you could see the Chiefs putting a TE outside of Richardson a lot in order to limit Richardson's need to properly diagnose plays.

This is exactly what the Chiefs did against the Titans.

Worked well.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
One thing the Jets do is spread the ball around. That can cause a problem for the Chiefs, who have some issues with linebackers in coverage.

Another is the use of exotic blitzes. It hasn't worked for the Jets this year, but I don't think you want to trust Richardson to make the right choices when protecting Cassel. That'll be a challenge for Weis, and you could see the Chiefs putting a TE outside of Richardson a lot in order to limit Richardson's need to properly diagnose plays.

The Bears ran a lot of two and three TE sets yesterday, and really limited the hits on Cutler. And their OL is awful.

I expect Weis to do the same.

cardken
12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
The Jets are sliding, having lost 3 of their last 4. Their QB is dinged, and I would loved to see a 75% Sanchez come in here and play a playoff game. And using the Pats as an example may not be the best thing to enhance your point. The Browns beat the Pats by 30 this year, too.

The Patriots loss to the Browns was a hiccup, an dhave been flawless since. The Chiefs are well aware of hiccups as they did so in back to back weeks to the Broncos? and Raiders?:thumb:
And keep in mind the chiefs have not beaten one team that will make the post season (barring a Seattle loss in their matchup this weekend with the Rams) outside the Rams, a team that will back into the Playoffs regardless. The Jets did beat the Pats once and "squeaked" or not they beat Pittsburgh. Just sayin', don't do the "Chiefs Nation" thing and discount upcoming matchups, there is a difference between being a fan and blind Allegiance.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Hmmm...nice to have a back other teams respect.

So, about those Chiefs...

Jamaal Charles scares me quite possibly more than any player the Jets have faced this year. He will make our slow linebackers look stupid. The Jets couldn't even stop Mendenhall or Forte in recent weeks.

However, that's about all that scares me about the KC offense, considering Bowe will be taken away completely. It'll be interesting to see how Cassel spreads the ball around. Hopefully we see plenty of Thomas Two Yards, but I doubt it.

DrRyan
12-27-2010, 04:03 PM
The Patriots loss to the Browns was a hiccup, an dhave been flawless since. The Chiefs are well aware of hiccups as they did so in back to back weeks to the Broncos? and Raiders?:thumb:
And keep in mind the chiefs have not beaten one team that will make the post season (barring a Seattle loss in their matchup this weekend with the Rams) outside the Rams, a team that will back into the Playoffs regardless. The Jets did beat the Pats once and "squeaked" or not they beat Pittsburgh. Just sayin', don't do the "Chiefs Nation" thing and discount upcoming matchups, there is a difference between being a fan and blind Allegiance.

The Pats have hardly been flawless since that loss. You could possibly argue their offense has been flawless, but they defense has been no where near flawless bud.

That said, they are playing the best football in the AFC right now, I won't argue against that.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM
LMAO

Thomas Two Yards.

Bowser
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM

I think the fact the Jets have stumbled down the stretch speaks volumes. I don't think it will be a cakewalk by any means, I just think we match up well with them.

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Defense:

Revis hasn't been as good as last year, but he's still an excellent defender.
Cromartie is very good against speed, not so much against quickness.
Leonhard's absence makes the safety positions very vulnerable.
The linebackers are slow and, largely, overrated.
The D-line is usually solid against the run, but not so much against the pass.

Getting Charles the ball, in space, and on the opposite side of the overload blitzes that the Jets love, would be one way to look for big plays.

The Bad Guy
12-27-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223964

LOL!

The Jets are regressing. a sign of great leadership under Rex. they're 1-3 in their last 4 games and had they not squeaked out that win in Pitt it would be another classic soj meltdown.

Sanchez has looked better the last 2 weeks. you know why? they haven't been putting sanchez in obvious passing situations (like they were doing all year until the last 2 games). they called a lot of play action passes on 1st down against the Bears. they were leading the league in 1st down rushing attempts, which is a joke considering how many 2 minute situations they've been in this year.

Rex is god awful coming off bye weeks, so any extra time he has to prepare for the Chiefs will probably benefit the Chiefs.

Ironic thing is yes the Chiefs have beaten just 1 team over 500, but the Jets have only beaten 2.

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 04:10 PM
The Pats have hardly been flawless since that loss. You could possibly argue their offense has been flawless, but they defense has been no where near flawless bud.

That said, they are playing the best football in the AFC right now, I won't argue against that.

The Patriots defense has surrendered fewer than 10 points in 3 of the last 4 games, and it has caused 16 turnovers during that stretch. The only game it struggled in during that stretch was against the Packers, when the D-line was so depleted with injury that the team only fielded 3 normal D-linemen. That let the Packers (the %$!$%!@ Packers) run wild against them, and completely threw off the defense.

The defense has definite weaknesses, and is capable of laying an egg at any time, but it's been playing very well of late.

But that's a discussion for another thread.

-King-
12-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Ironic thing is yes the Chiefs have beaten just 1 team over 500, but the Jets have only beaten 2.

ROFL This.

talastan
12-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Freaking give Jones a chance to show New York what it gave up and then throw Charles in for the change up. I'd love to pound the piss out of these guys for cursing us with Herman ****ing Edwards. :cuss:

JD10367
12-27-2010, 04:14 PM
If the Jets play the Chiefs, the only scouting report you need is three words: stay down, bitch.

The Jets squeaked into the playoffs last year with two gimme wins, and then got on a confident roll.

This year, they are limping towards the playoffs with a 1-3 finish, although I fear the Bills will give them a confidence-building sendoff into the playoffs. Still, even if they roll the Bills, there will be some rumblings of a lack of confidence due to Sanchez's crap play and Rex's foot worship. Thus, the Chiefs have to keep the start of the game clean, pounce on the Jets quickly, and keep them down. If the Chiefs get them in a quick 14-0 hole I think the Jets will collapse. But if they give them a little life early, it might be trouble.

The Jets' D has been good until late. The loss of Leonhard is definitely hurting them. It's tough to go against your strength but, for the Chiefs, I'd definitely come out passing and go after Cromartie and use the passing game to soften them up for the run game. Again, confidence-wise, you don't want run-run-incomplete-punt to give them hope; shred them with a chain-moving passing game and get them tired.

Unless something goes drastically wrong, I wouldn't see the Chiefs losing. Something like KC 27, Jets 13.

Saul Good
12-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Dex could actually have a big day against the Jets. They have to blitz because they can't get pressure otherwise. Man to man on the corners could open up the middle for Moe and the flat for Dex, possibly some screens for JC.

We really do have some weapons on offense for the first time in years.

JD10367
12-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Dex could actually have a big day against the Jets. They have to blitz because they can't get pressure otherwise. Man to man on the corners could open up the middle for Moe and the flat for Dex, possibly some screens for JC.

This. Let that D rush too far upfield, and toss it over their heads. As long as the Chiefs' O-line continues its more-solid second-half-of-the-season play, and Cassel continues his more-solid second-half-of-the-season decision-making and decisiveness, the Jets are toast. Then once they're down on the scoreboard and getting tired, after halftime you pound the shit out of them with the running game.

Boon
12-27-2010, 05:50 PM
If the Chiefs get the Jets, I wonder who Sperm Edwards will root for???

LaChapelle
12-27-2010, 05:52 PM
THe JETS trolls aren't attacking yet?
maybe they can't spell Kansas

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
THe JETS trolls aren't attacking yet?
maybe they can't spell Kansas

They can't even spell Jets.

http://trueslant.com/donovan/files/2010/01/jest.jpg

POND_OF_RED
12-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I know their coach predicted a Super Bowl and we're going to make him put his foot in his mouth.

Just like he likes it.

LaChapelle
12-27-2010, 06:31 PM
SUCK TOES RYAN
YOU FAT FUCK

cardken
12-27-2010, 06:39 PM
This. Let that D rush too far upfield, and toss it over their heads. As long as the Chiefs' O-line continues its more-solid second-half-of-the-season play, and Cassel continues his more-solid second-half-of-the-season decision-making and decisiveness, the Jets are toast. Then once they're down on the scoreboard and getting tired, after halftime you pound the shit out of them with the running game.

Just a reminder, the Jets have come from behind to win games 6 times this season, in the fourth quarter. So you may need to rethink that game plan. Just Sayin. That being said I think the Chiefs have a good shot, home field is huge for them. The Jets were also 6-2 on the Road this season.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 06:46 PM
A closer look at Jets defensive breakdowns
December, 27, 2010
Dec 27
4:19 PM

Let's put Sunday in perspective: The New York Jets allowed more points (38) to the Chicago Bears than they did in their final four games of the 2009 regular season. Jay Cutler threw more touchdown passes (three) in the third quarter than Mark Sanchez in his last 20 quarters.

After reviewing a tape of the Jets' 38-34 loss, here's an in-depth look at the Bears' five touchdowns and what went wrong:

•Matt Forte, 22-yard run, first quarter -- The Jets, expecting a run, put eight men in the box. S Brodney Pool was in the box as a linebacker. They should've had him stopped for little or no gain, but Pool was blown out of the hole by TE Greg Olsen, DE Vernon Gholston get off his block, LB David Harris made a diving miss in the hole and S Dwight Lowery failed to bring Forte down at the 6. Bottom line: Terrible run defense.

• Jay Cutler, 2-yard run, second quarter -- One week after fooling the Pittsburgh Steelers on a naked bootleg, the Jets got a taste of their own medicine. They stacked eight players at the line of scrimmage, but bit on play-action. Cutler, who hasn't won too many footraces in his life, rolled right. OLB Bryan Thomas was supposed to have containment, but he got caught in the trash. A walk-in touchdown for Cutler.

• Johnny Knox, 40-yard catch, third quarter -- One play after the ill-advised fake punt, the Bears tied the game on this play. The Bears went to an empty backfield, splitting Olsen wide to the right. CB Darrelle Revis picked him up, but that's not the matchup the Jets wanted. It's a waste to have Revis on a tight end. The speedy Knox was in the right slot, covered by Lowery, who gave an eight-yard cushion. Knox blew past Lowery.

The Jets rushed four, but couldn't get pressure on Cutler even though he didn't have any backs or tight ends in protection. Cutler's throw was actually behind Knox, but Lowery fell in the end zone. There was no safety help. Where was Pool? The pass hung up long enough for him to get there, but he didn't.

• Devin Hester, 25-yard catch, third quarter -- This was embarrassing because the Jets had only 10 players on the field. They rushed five -- Calvin Pace, Shaun Ellis, Jason Taylor, Harris and Pool. They dropped five into coverage -- Revis, Lowery, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson and Drew Coleman. Who was the 11th player? Hard to say. S James Ihedigbo was injured moments earlier while trying to tackle Hester on a punt return, so it's possible his absence caused some confusion with the personnel packages. Maybe Marquice Cole was the 11th, or perhaps LB Bart Scott. That falls on the coaches; it's their job to get the right people on the field.

Anyway, this amounted to man-to-man coverage across the board, with no deep safety. Cutler threw a back-shoulder pass to Hester, who easily burned Coleman.

• Knox, 26-yard pass, third quarter -- Once again, the Jets got burned in a blitz. They rushed six, including Lowery and Scott. There was one-on-one blocking across the board (except for DT Sione Pouha, who was double teamed), but no one could beat their man and apply pressure to Cutler. Knox ran a stop-and-go on Cromartie, who did a nice job of not falling for the move. But Cromartie failed to jam Knox, giving him a free release. Cutler made a strong throw, seemingly fooling Cromartie with the velocity, and Knox made a terrific catch.

Extra Point
12-27-2010, 06:47 PM
One Jet I don't think should be boo'ed at Arrowhead, ever: T-Rich. Carl fucked the dog, cutting him. Of course, we had our chance to pick him up, when he was released earlier this year.

Thomas Jones was, for us, the right pick at the right time. Kudos to the FO for Mr. Jones' presence this season.

KCBOSS1
12-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Blitz Sanchez....

LaChapelle
12-27-2010, 06:54 PM
GIve Braylon Edwards a mirror

cardken
12-27-2010, 07:00 PM
A closer look at Jets defensive breakdowns
December, 27, 2010
Dec 27
4:19 PM

Let's put Sunday in perspective: The New York Jets allowed more points (38) to the Chicago Bears than they did in their final four games of the 2009 regular season. Jay Cutler threw more touchdown passes (three) in the third quarter than Mark Sanchez in his last 20 quarters.

After reviewing a tape of the Jets' 38-34 loss, here's an in-depth look at the Bears' five touchdowns and what went wrong:

•Matt Forte, 22-yard run, first quarter -- The Jets, expecting a run, put eight men in the box. S Brodney Pool was in the box as a linebacker. They should've had him stopped for little or no gain, but Pool was blown out of the hole by TE Greg Olsen, DE Vernon Gholston get off his block, LB David Harris made a diving miss in the hole and S Dwight Lowery failed to bring Forte down at the 6. Bottom line: Terrible run defense.

• Jay Cutler, 2-yard run, second quarter -- One week after fooling the Pittsburgh Steelers on a naked bootleg, the Jets got a taste of their own medicine. They stacked eight players at the line of scrimmage, but bit on play-action. Cutler, who hasn't won too many footraces in his life, rolled right. OLB Bryan Thomas was supposed to have containment, but he got caught in the trash. A walk-in touchdown for Cutler.

• Johnny Knox, 40-yard catch, third quarter -- One play after the ill-advised fake punt, the Bears tied the game on this play. The Bears went to an empty backfield, splitting Olsen wide to the right. CB Darrelle Revis picked him up, but that's not the matchup the Jets wanted. It's a waste to have Revis on a tight end. The speedy Knox was in the right slot, covered by Lowery, who gave an eight-yard cushion. Knox blew past Lowery.

The Jets rushed four, but couldn't get pressure on Cutler even though he didn't have any backs or tight ends in protection. Cutler's throw was actually behind Knox, but Lowery fell in the end zone. There was no safety help. Where was Pool? The pass hung up long enough for him to get there, but he didn't.

• Devin Hester, 25-yard catch, third quarter -- This was embarrassing because the Jets had only 10 players on the field. They rushed five -- Calvin Pace, Shaun Ellis, Jason Taylor, Harris and Pool. They dropped five into coverage -- Revis, Lowery, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson and Drew Coleman. Who was the 11th player? Hard to say. S James Ihedigbo was injured moments earlier while trying to tackle Hester on a punt return, so it's possible his absence caused some confusion with the personnel packages. Maybe Marquice Cole was the 11th, or perhaps LB Bart Scott. That falls on the coaches; it's their job to get the right people on the field.

Anyway, this amounted to man-to-man coverage across the board, with no deep safety. Cutler threw a back-shoulder pass to Hester, who easily burned Coleman.

• Knox, 26-yard pass, third quarter -- Once again, the Jets got burned in a blitz. They rushed six, including Lowery and Scott. There was one-on-one blocking across the board (except for DT Sione Pouha, who was double teamed), but no one could beat their man and apply pressure to Cutler. Knox ran a stop-and-go on Cromartie, who did a nice job of not falling for the move. But Cromartie failed to jam Knox, giving him a free release. Cutler made a strong throw, seemingly fooling Cromartie with the velocity, and Knox made a terrific catch.

All in a game they knew they didn't need to get in. The play from Coleman, Wilson, and Lowry has been poor all season, Cromarte and Revus have been the only consistant play all season and the loss at LB has been exploited since his departure. But Sanchez had a great game consider the shape of the shoulder and last week he looked good as well, the Miami game had a total of 9 drops from his receivers. It will be interesting to see if Sanchez will torch the Chiefs with that bootleg he has ran the last few weeks for scores that Plummer/Elway used to burn them with all the time.

ChiefsCountry
12-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Well we do know Schottenheimers don't win at Arrowhead during the playoffs.

LaChapelle
12-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Do they still make those thermal socks with the toes

Extra Point
12-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Well we do know Schottenheimers don't win at Arrowhead during the playoffs.

Oooooooooo...

D2112
12-27-2010, 07:19 PM
They can't even spell Jets.

http://trueslant.com/donovan/files/2010/01/jest.jpg

I was at that Monday night game in SD. those retards that misspelled that are from California. go figure.

Just Passin' By
12-27-2010, 07:21 PM
I was at that Monday night game in SD. those retards that misspelled that are from California. go figure.

Jets fans from Cali. If they went through the public school systems out there, that would complete the unholy cycle.

|Zach|
12-27-2010, 07:23 PM

I think Dexter will do some things to help is out the playoffs...I bet they throw in some things to help keep them honest in relation to Bowe and Charles.

LaChapelle
12-27-2010, 07:23 PM
I hope the NFL Network doesn't do a commercial
with a male Chiefs fan in a T-shirt using an umbrella

D2112
12-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Jets fans from Cali. If they went through the public school systems out there, that would complete the unholy cycle.

Yeah, I only wish that I was as smart as blueballs (I mean lachappelle or whatever fucking retarded name he has now) he is a very smart Chiefs fan

That
types
this

Extra Point
12-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I think Dexter will do some things to help is out the playoffs...

As long as Arenas fields punts.

LaChapelle
12-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Best laugh I've had all day

D2112
12-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Jets defense couldnt stop a nose bleed..lol

CHICAGO — Linebacker Jason Taylor said the reason he came to the Jets was to win a championship, so he was pleased when he and his teammates landed in the postseason last night.

But the Jets’ 38-34 loss to the Bears, and particularly their subpar defensive showing, tempered his excitement.

“We’re not giddy about the end result,” Taylor said. “We’re happy to get in the playoffs, but we realize we kind of laid a stinker today.”

Thanks to Jacksonville’s loss to the Redskins yesterday, the Jets left Soldier Field with a reason to celebrate, but several defensive players had a hard time reconciling the good news with the unit’s performance. The Jets gave up 322 total yards and five touchdowns to the Bears.

In the third quarter alone, they surrendered 21 points and the lead.

Asked what happened to the defense in the second half, coach Rex Ryan said he was asking himself the same question.

“We couldn’t stop a nosebleed (in the third quarter),” he said. “Everybody has to step up. It would have been easy if it was just one guy’s mistakes or whatever.”

The Jets gave up their first 100-yard rusher of the season (running back Matt Forte had 113 yards), couldn’t get pressure on Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and gave up five pass plays of 20-plus yards.

Taylor blamed himself for two back-to-back pass plays in the second quarter when he found himself in pass coverage: a 14-yard pass on third down to Earl Bennett, who came into his zone, and a 24-yard pass to Forte which set up Jay Cutler’s 2-yard touchdown run.

Sticking with Ryan’s favorite nosebleed analogy, the worst bleeding was when Cutler threw three touchdowns in 7:14.

Johnny Knox caught a 40-yard touchdown on safety Dwight Lowery, who fell down but said he could have made a play with better technique and fundamentals. Devin Hester caught a 25-yard touchdown, with Drew Coleman on coverage, on which the Jets had just 10 men on the field.
Knox turned in one more touchdown that quarter, a 26-yard catch on which cornerback Antonio
Cromartie said he “lost the ball.”
“That’s the story of us this whole year,” Lowery said. “We need to get to the point to where we take care of the things we need to take care of, so we can get off the football field.”

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-27-2010, 08:11 PM
The Jets don't seem as focused or "hot" as we do right now; I think we could take 'em in a dog fight.

Saul Good
12-27-2010, 08:18 PM
All in a game they knew they didn't need to get in. The play from Coleman, Wilson, and Lowry has been poor all season, Cromarte and Revus have been the only consistant play all season and the loss at LB has been exploited since his departure. But Sanchez had a great game consider the shape of the shoulder and last week he looked good as well, the Miami game had a total of 9 drops from his receivers. It will be interesting to see if Sanchez will torch the Chiefs with that bootleg he has ran the last few weeks for scores that Plummer/Elway used to burn them with all the time.

Right. They just weren't trying...

I sure hope that the bootleg doesn't burn us just like Plummer/Elway used to run. Maybe things will be different now that the Chiefs have a different owner, a different GM, a different Head Coach, a different Defensive Coordinator, and don't have a single player on the roster that played against Plummer or Elway.

Excellent analysis, though. Very astute.

cardken
12-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Right. They just weren't trying...

I sure hope that the bootleg doesn't burn us just like Plummer/Elway used to run. Maybe things will be different now that the Chiefs have a different owner, a different GM, a different Head Coach, a different Defensive Coordinator, and don't have a single player on the roster that played against Plummer or Elway.

Excellent analysis, though. Very astute.

Everything is different but the Blind Allegiance of their fan base..keep it up!

nychief
12-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Everything is different but the Blind Allegiance of their fan base..keep it up!

I have watched every Jets game this year... they are reeling, and have serious problems on both sides of the ball, plus the coach is a full on retard...

Let's go. Welcome to Arrowhead, Rex. Glad you like feet, here is one in your ass.

D2112
12-27-2010, 10:12 PM
I have watched every Jets game this year... they are reeling, and have serious problems on both sides of the ball, plus the coach is a full on retard...

Let's go. Welcome to Arrowhead, Rex. Glad you like feet, here is one in your ass.
Dude, at Rex's presser right after the Bears game he looked like his best friend died. then during the presser he found out the Jags lost and he all of a sudden got his cocky swagger back.

He will give the Chiefs bulletin board material before the game.

Extra Point
12-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Dude, at Rex's presser right after the Bears game he looked like his best friend died. then during the presser he found out the Jags lost and he all of a sudden got his cocky swagger back.

He will give the Chiefs bulletin board material before the game.

This, and contort his foot way up his ass, in the process.

Extra Point
12-27-2010, 10:16 PM

lol

nychief
12-27-2010, 10:17 PM
The are all style and no substance...

I know I have homer playoff boner, but we are a more disciplined football team which is EVERYTHING in the playoffs.... Let's be completely honest, the Jets are not very good... they are 8-8 last year if not for Indy taking off the last game of the season... they win in Cinci (wow!), then win in SD after the dolts kickers misses FOUR FUCKING FGS?!?!?! The the TV show and the rest of the horse shit bravado... I welcome these asshats.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Rex Ryan sounds like an assclown.

Shogun
12-27-2010, 10:19 PM
The Jets don't seem as focused or "hot" as we do right now; I think we could take 'em in a dog fight.

Good thing the Jets didn't pick up Michael Vick. He would win that HANDS DOWN.

D2112
12-27-2010, 10:22 PM
The are all style and no substance...

I know I have homer playoff boner, but we are a more disciplined football team which is EVERYTHING in the playoffs.... Let's be completely honest, the Jets are not very good... they are 8-8 last year if not for Indy taking off the last game of the season... they win in Cinci (wow!), then win in SD after the dolts kickers misses FOUR ****ING FGS?!?!?! The the TV show and the rest of the horse shit bravado... I welcome these asshats.

Dude, I agree with you. do you know how many fucking times this year the Jets have had either 10,12 or 9 guys on defense? it happened on consecutive plays on the goal line against the Lions, and it happened AGAIN in the Bears game on a td but the refs missed it. the coaching staff has been exposed in all of the close games this year.

Coogs
12-27-2010, 10:31 PM

You are selling us short. We have beaten 2 as well. San Diego and Jax both have 8-7 records.

BossChief
12-27-2010, 10:38 PM
The Jets coming to Arrowhead is quite possibly the best case scenario for us to get the first playoff win since Montana.

Is it set in stone that will be our opponent?

cardken
12-27-2010, 10:39 PM
We can talk again in two weeks, I really don't have a way to lose in this. As I'm a Jets and Chiefs fan. I grew up until 1979 in NYC, and then from then till early twenties in KC. Just looking at both sides of the coins boys, settle down.
It's just funny how fast the fans on this board are to flame an opposing view, and I thought New Yorkers were small minded I guess it's just the nation as a whole. But anyways, looking forward to it. Go Both!:thumb:

cardken
12-27-2010, 10:40 PM
You are selling us short. We have beaten 2 as well. San Diego and Jax both have 8-7 records.

and neither a Playoff team.

nychief
12-27-2010, 10:43 PM
We can talk again in two weeks, I really don't have a way to lose in this. As I'm a Jets and Chiefs fan. I grew up until 1979 in NYC, and then from then till early twenties in KC. Just looking at both sides of the coins boys, settle down.
It's just funny how fast the fans on this board are to flame an opposing view, and I thought New Yorkers were small minded I guess it's just the nation as a whole. But anyways, looking forward to it. Go Both!:thumb:

So you were a fan of the Jets in the 70s and a fan of the Chiefs in the 80's? Sheesh... you are a masochist.

Coogs
12-27-2010, 10:44 PM
and neither a Playoff team.

True. But both have winning records, and both lost to the Chiefs. And both very well may have been in the playoffs had the beaten the Chiefs. But they didn't. :)

D2112
12-27-2010, 10:47 PM
So you were a fan of the Jets in the 70s and a fan of the Chiefs in the 80's? Sheesh... you are a masochist.

ROFL

Didnt the Chiefs have that wing t with Marv Levy in the early 80's?

cardken
12-27-2010, 10:51 PM

Tell me about it about it, but loyal. Lived all over the country as an adult and still followed these two teams only. But I call BS on both as I see it. Not a blind follower.

Pablo
12-27-2010, 10:53 PM
It's just funny how fast the fans on this board are to flame an opposing view, and I thought New Yorkers were small minded I guess it's just the nation as a whole. But anyways, looking forward to it. Go Both!:thumb:You see this noise?

Fuck it.

Go Chiefs.

Three7s
12-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I think a Ravens scouting section should be opened up as well. I think we have a decent shot of facing them too.

David.
12-28-2010, 01:12 AM
What a lot of their fans think = Revis on Bowe, 8 in the box. Easy jets win. Also they don't think arrowhead will be a big factor.

Hopefully we get a chance to shut them up.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2010, 01:13 AM
What a lot of their fans think = Revis on Bowe, 8 in the box. Easy jets win. Also they don't think arrowhead will be a big factor.

Hopefully we get a chance to shut them up.

The Chicago fucking Bears, who are like, 30th in offense, just took New York's defense out behind the woodshed.

Bowe, Cassel, Charles and Weis will have somethin fo dey ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2010, 01:19 AM
The Chicago fucking Bears, who are like, 30th in offense, just took New York's defense out behind the woodshed.

This. They look distracted and flat. We on the other hand look like a machine that has just been prepped to hit the track.

I believe we can take 'em.

Direckshun
12-28-2010, 03:41 AM
I haven't read the whole thread (yet), but they have NOTHING on their offense that we can't answer. Holmes is tough, but he's a good matchup for Flowers in the size/speed department. Edwards is a good matchup for Carr. McGraw (as I've been saying all season) can be used to neutralize any TE, but I don't think that's necessary. Sanchez has no chemistry with Dustin Keller.

When we're on offense, I would sure love this matchup a ton more if we had one other WR other than Bowe. They will be able to remove Bowe, and I'm not sure we have another WR who can step up at all.

Fortunately, our pass protection is pretty good and their pass rush is weak.

JD10367
12-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Just a reminder, the Jets have come from behind to win games 6 times this season, in the fourth quarter. So you may need to rethink that game plan. Just Sayin. That being said I think the Chiefs have a good shot, home field is huge for them. The Jets were also 6-2 on the Road this season.

They haven't come from behind against a better-quality team, with the #1 run game in the league, on the road in an undefeated stadium. Trust me, I've looked at the Jets all season, being a divisional opponent of the Patriots; they have a good D, and they certainly have some offensive weapons, but they are NOT as good as their record. Not saying they can't win in Arrowhead, just saying, if the Chiefs can do what I said (come out passing, jump on them for a lead, get their D off balance, then pound the ball) they can constantly outpace them during the game and win it going away.

Quesadilla Joe
12-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Santonio Holmes is the only player on offense that scares me.

And who on the Chiefs do you think scares the Jets? Jamaal Charles is the only player on your entire roster who would start for the Jets.

Graystoke
12-28-2010, 08:22 AM
The Jets are backing into the playoffs..no momentum at all. Good Teams like the Chiefs win in December. We have momentum and home field.
That Jet don't fly

Quesadilla Joe
12-28-2010, 08:24 AM
The Chicago ****ing Bears, who are like, 30th in offense, just took New York's defense out behind the woodshed.

Jay Cutler is the most hot and cold QB in the NFL today. Sometimes he is just amazing and other times.... he is just dreadful.

JD10367
12-28-2010, 08:25 AM
When we're on offense, I would sure love this matchup a ton more if we had one other WR other than Bowe. They will be able to remove Bowe, and I'm not sure we have another WR who can step up at all.

Hence the reason they need to let that D rush upfield and jump-shot some balls over them to the backs and short-yardage types. Do to the Jets what the Patriots have been doing to people. Do to them what Cassel did to the Titans: utilize Moeaki, Charles, Chambers, McCluster, anyone to turn 1st and 10 into 2nd and 4.

Fortunately, our pass protection is pretty good and their pass rush is weak.

Key. When combined with Bowe deep, Moeaki and Charles short, and the Jones/Charles run game... As I said elsewhere, if the O-line keeps Cassel clean and he can count to "four-mississipi" the Jets are dead.

Quesadilla Joe
12-28-2010, 08:25 AM
The Jets are backing into the playoffs..no momentum at all. Good Teams like the Chiefs win in December. We have momentum and home field.
That Jet don't fly

The Jets backed into the playoffs last year and made it all the way to the AFCCG.

D2112
12-28-2010, 09:02 AM
The Jets backed into the playoffs last year and made it all the way to the AFCCG.

Fail. they won 4 in a row to end the season last year. I think they were 5-7 when they played the Colts. wound up 9-7. thats a far cry from going from 9-2 to 10-5 and 1-3 in their last 4 and looking god awful down the stretch this year.

The Jets talk too much shit about themselves. theyre not as good as they think, they should STFU and be humble and play at an even keel. dont get too high when you win and dont get too low when you lose.

RealSNR
12-28-2010, 09:07 AM
and neither a Playoff team.The Jaguars aren't out of it yet. If the Colts lose against Tennessee and Jacksonville wins, Jacksonville will hold the tiebreaker in terms of conference record.

Just Passin' By
12-28-2010, 10:45 AM
And who on the Chiefs do you think scares the Jets? Jamaal Charles is the only player on your entire roster who would start for the Jets.

So you haven't seen the Jets all season, then?

D2112
12-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Jets defense is missing its swagger, according to coach

CHICAGO — For Rex Ryan, the defensive-minded Jets coach, this is a scenario that needs to be fixed.

He praised the way his offense is playing, saying the unit is “peaking” at the right time. But his defense?

“We just have to get the swagger back,” Ryan said Monday from the team hotel here, where the Jets were stranded until the early evening.

While the offense has found a formula that works the past two weeks, in games at Pittsburgh and Chicago, Ryan said the defense turned in two performances not up to the Jets’ standards.

Areas of concern that have flashed all season were highlighted in the Jets’ 38-34 loss to the Bears on Sunday, particularly as the defense gave up 21 points and the lead in what linebacker Bart Scott called a “whirlwind” of a third quarter.

Ryan has a plan to fix the problem.

“To get back to who our defense is, we need to practice,” he said. “We’re going to go back to individual drills, fundamental drills, and really hone that, which is kind of unusual at this time of year. We really have to, because that’s how we’re going to get better. There’s no magic call.”

Ryan said he has noticed fundamentals slipping, and cited quarterback Mark Sanchez’s recent strong play after working on his technique as an example of the effect going back to the basics can have.

He noted defenders putting their hands on receivers, playing the proper leverage and getting off blocks when defending the run as examples of techniques that have slipped. The results turned up in several ways Sunday: the Jets yielded five pass plays of more than 20 yards, couldn’t get consistent pressure on Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and allowed 113 yards on 19 carries to Matt Forte, the first 100-yard rusher they have allowed this season.

Communication woes, an issue all season, showed up in a big way when the Jets only had 10 players on the field for Devin Hester’s 25-yard touchdown catch — one of three Bears touchdowns in 7:14 in the third quarter.

“You have to have a sense of focus throughout the game and understand that they’re going to make adjustments, and we have to make sure that we’re able to respond,” linebacker Bart Scott said Sunday. “We have to be better: not letting them spill out on the run, fill the gaps, play techniques right. We’re going to see those types of plays throughout, because we struggled with a couple of them.”

The Jets have had several very strong defensive efforts this season, but two games in a row have disappointed Ryan at a critical time of year. Last week against the Steelers, the Jets almost allowed another 100-yard rusher — Rashard Mendenhall’s tally after the game was dropped to 99 yards — and gave up 378 yards of total offense.

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine indicated last week there would be some personnel changes against the run in Chicago. Defensive linemen Vernon Gholston and Marcus Dixon seemed to be more involved. The Jets haven’t said if they’ll make tweaks moving forward, but Ryan did say he hopes the return of safety Eric Smith (concussion) will give the unit a boost.

Ryan tempered his criticism somewhat, pointing out the poor field conditions at Pittsburgh and Chicago and noting that their opponents didn’t get much of a pass rush, either. He also pointed out that the defense is still ranked fourth in the league, but seems worse when compared to last year’s exceptional unit.

Still, that exceptional defense was a big reason why the Jets advanced to the AFC Championship Game last year — and with the Jets facing a similar challenge this year, hitting the road for the postseason, that’s a piece of the formula they’d like to have back.

“It’s not an easy task when you get three games on the road, just to make it to the Super Bowl,” Ryan said. “We know it’s stacked against us, but we’re gunning for it. There is no reason we shouldn’t be. I can’t say enough how excited I am about the way the offense is progressing, especially these last few weeks. I think and I believe that we will get our defense back again

omg will he ever just stfu (http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_defense_is_missing_its_sw.html)

CupidStunt
12-28-2010, 10:48 AM

:LOL:

Numerous Chiefs would start for the Jets. 10 or 11 very easily.

The Broncos? Lloyd might start over Edwards, and Bailey would start over Cromartie. That's about it. ROFLROFLROFL

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Wow. I see the complete collapse, and utter failure of everything you believe in hasn't caused you to develop an objective eye.

I'd say the 5th rated QB, Top scoring WR, One of the top pass rusher in the league, Ryan Lilja, Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry, and maybe a few others would ALL start for the jets.

I'll bet you think Tim TeBow would start for themROFLROFL

ReynardMuldrake
12-28-2010, 11:04 AM
He praised the way his offense is playing, saying the unit is “peaking” at the right time.
The Jets are 1-3 their past 4 games. That's supposed to be peaking? Uh, OK.

Just Passin' By
12-28-2010, 11:09 AM
The Jets are 1-3 their past 4 games. That's supposed to be peaking? Uh, OK.

Well, the 3 point and 6 point scoring blitzes against the Patriots and Dolphins really tilt the scale in favor of that Jets offense.:thumb:

Quesadilla Joe
12-28-2010, 11:16 AM
:LOL:

Numerous Chiefs would start for the Jets. 10 or 11 very easily.

The Broncos? Lloyd might start over Edwards, and Bailey would start over Cromartie. That's about it. ROFLROFLROFL

Clady, Knowshon, Orton, Prater, Champ, DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Ayers, and Justin Bannan would all start for the Jets and Tebow and Demaryius Thomas would start for them next year.

Oh and I forgot Brandon Lloyd.

nychief
12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Clady, Knowshon, Orton, Prater, Champ, DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Ayers, and Justin Bannan would all start for the Jets and Tebow would start for them next year.

Wow. You are drinking the koolaid with Tebow. Ha.

KCUnited
12-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Clady, Knowshon, Orton, Prater, Champ, DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Ayers, and Justin Bannan would all start for the Jets and Tebow would start for them next year.
Dude, John Connor is a beast for NY.

|Zach|
12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Ayers.

Adoreable.

CupidStunt
12-28-2010, 11:20 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

ReynardMuldrake
12-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Well, the 3 point and 6 point scoring blitzes against the Patriots and Dolphins really tilt the scale in favor of that Jets offense.:thumb:

http://www.feelmypain.net/baghdad_bob.jpg

1ChiefsDan
12-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Clady, Knowshon, Orton, Prater, Champ, DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Ayers, and Justin Bannan would all start for the Jets and Tebow and Demaryius Thomas would start for them next year.

Oh and I forgot Brandon Lloyd.I am thinking Jack Nicolson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - after the shock therapy. ROFL

Now we just need the big indian to put him out of his misery.

beach tribe

You really think all of those players would start for a 10-5 team?:rolleyes:

If that were the case your team would be closer to 10-5 than 5-10.

AFC WEST Cellaaaaaar... Losers.

Fansy the Famous Bard

LMFAO, this is pure gold.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM

So half of your 4-11 team would start for a 10-5 team?

How does that work?

DJ Williams is dog shit. He's not starting over Bart Scott or David Harris.

Demariyus Thomas? The one who can't stay on the field?

You are such a fucking moron. I'd honestly be completely amazed if you had an IQ over 69.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry, Kendrick Lewis, Ryan Lilja, Glen Dorsey, Brian Waters, Tamba Hali, Ryan Succop would all start for the Jets.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM

How cute, Knowmo has adopted a new team for the moment. The hatred is strong with this one.

Just Passin' By
12-28-2010, 11:27 AM

Williams, Bannan - no shot in hell

Ayers - maybe

Champ - maybe (All 3 teams have good corners. It would be a battle for CB2 on the opposite side of Revis)

Moreno - probably

Clady, Dumervil - yes

Prater - he's a kicker. Who gives a shit? Both KC and Denver would see their kicker/punter duo starting over the Jets pair.

So, 2 definite starters, 1 likely starter, 2 possible starters and a pair of kickers. And this is a road you thought would be smart to go down?

Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child or something?

stevieray
12-28-2010, 11:27 AM

to quote a planeteer's son...

"I can smell your tears"

Quesadilla Joe
12-28-2010, 11:28 AM
You really think all of those players would start for a 10-5 team?:rolleyes:

If that were the case your team would be closer to 10-5 than 5-10.

AFC WEST Cellaaaaaar... Losers.

The injury bug and inconsistent OL play was the only thing keeping Denver from being a playoff team this year.

beach tribe
BTW BlowMo,

How the fuck would you even know how good your players are when you've only watched 4 full broncos games, and probably ZERO Jets games. You don't know shit! 95% of those players would NOT start for the Jets.

RealSNR
Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry, Kendrick Lewis, Ryan Lilja, Glen Dorsey, Brian Waters, Tamba Hali, Ryan Succop would all start for the Jets.Throw Colquitt and Cassel onto that list as well.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Throw Colquitt and Cassel onto that list as well.

Absolutely.

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 11:31 AM
The injury bug and inconsistent OL play was the only thing keeping Denver from being a playoff team this year.

Injury bug seems to happen to your players a LOT. Maybe it's because they're pussies with shitty work ethics.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 11:31 AM

Or a sieve defense, a one-dimensional offense, a shit running game.

4-11.

Wait, how would you know? You only watched the first half of most games, quitting loser cocksucker.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-28-2010, 11:32 AM
The jaded-opinion-to-fact ritual in every one of Knowmo's posts is almost too much. I am getting in trouble here at work from literally laughing out loud when I should be doing something productive.

crasherino
12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Defense:

Revis hasn't been as good as last year, but he's still an excellent defender.
Cromartie is very good against speed, not so much against quickness.
Leonhard's absence makes the safety positions very vulnerable.
The linebackers are slow and, largely, overrated.
The D-line is usually solid against the run, but not so much against the pass.

Getting Charles the ball, in space, and on the opposite side of the overload blitzes that the Jets love, would be one way to look for big plays.

Revis has been every bit as good as he was last year - its just that teams simply don't throw at him anymore. He started off having a tremendous game against the Ravens - Cro got beat like a mule, Revis put up an 0-fer. He strained his hamstring against Moss (probably on account of his stupid holdout) and missed a couple of games and wasn't completely 100% until after the Jets bye week. Since then, he's been truly a shutdown corner to the point where its legitimately surprising that a pass is a) thrown his way, and b) caught. Its a very rare occurrence.

Revis v. Bowe will be a nice matchup. Bowe probably had the best game of any WR ever against Revis, but that was 3 years ago, I believe. Revis, unlike Cro, can handle physical WRs. Teams have been going heavily to their TEs, slot WRs and backs against the Jets as that's the formula for breaking them down - I suspect the Chiefs will do the same. My biggest fear is Charles (or McCluster) out of the backfield. The Jets will have a tough time defending those swing passes and wheel routes. Personally, I don't care if they're completed, I'd just like to see them stop for little to no YAC.

The Bad Guy
After Sunday, does KnowMo get to vanish into internet hell?

Quesadilla Joe
BTW BlowMo,

How the **** would you even know how good your players are when you've only watched 4 full broncos games, and probably ZERO Jets games. You don't know shit! 95% of those players would NOT start for the Jets.

The only games I didn't watch in their entirety are the two Oakland games, the STL, the second Chiefs game, the Arizona game, and the SD game. The rest I watched til the end.

The Bad Guy
Revis has been every bit as good as he was last year - its just that teams simply don't throw at him anymore. He started off having a tremendous game against the Ravens - Cro got beat like a mule, Revis put up an 0-fer. He strained his hamstring against Moss (probably on account of his stupid holdout) and missed a couple of games and wasn't completely 100% until after the Jets bye week. Since then, he's been truly a shutdown corner to the point where its legitimately surprising that a pass is a) thrown his way, and b) caught. Its a very rare occurrence.

Revis v. Bowe will be a nice matchup. Bowe probably had the best game of any WR ever against Revis, but that was 3 years ago, I believe. Revis, unlike Cro, can handle physical WRs. Teams have been going heavily to their TEs, slot WRs and backs against the Jets as that's the formula for breaking them down - I suspect the Chiefs will do the same. My biggest fear is Charles (or McCluster) out of the backfield. The Jets will have a tough time defending those swing passes and wheel routes. Personally, I don't care if they're completed, I'd just like to see them stop for little to no YAC.

Revis is not as good as he was last year. He was god like last year. Whiles till very good, he can be beat this year.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-28-2010, 11:35 AM
After Sunday, does KnowMo get to vanish into internet hell?

He's not man enough. He is using some side-stepping plan that apparently absolves him of being a liar.

Just Passin' By
Cassel, Waters and Charles would be definite offensive starters

Bowe would battle with Holmes/Edwards for starting spot

Dorsey and Hali would be definite defensive starters

Berry/Lewis - one, or both, would likely win starting jobs

Flowers would be competing with Cromartie for the CB2 job

Both K.C. kickers would be "starting"

Johnson would be battling with Scott for an ILB spot

beach tribe
The only games I didn't watch in their entirety are the two Oakland games, the STL, the second Chiefs game, the Arizona game, and the SD game. The rest I watched til the end.

L
I
A
R

D2112
LOL at knowmo trolling a Jets thread when he doesnt know shit about the Jets or even his own team.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 11:36 AM

So 6 of 15 games.

Real fucking fan.

Just Passin' By
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Revis has been every bit as good as he was last year - its just that teams simply don't throw at him anymore. .

No, he's not. He's still an excellent corner, but he's not been anywhere near as good as he was last year. His holdout may be the cause, or it may be just a coming back after an exceptional season. Neither is a reason for shame, but there's absolutely no doubt that he hasn't been as good this season.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Randy-Moss-Insane-One-Handed-Catch-Against-Jets.jpg

D2112
12-28-2010, 11:51 AM
No, he's not. He's still an excellent corner, but he's not been anywhere near as good as he was last year. His holdout may be the cause, or it may be just a coming back after an exceptional season. Neither is a reason for shame, but there's absolutely no doubt that he hasn't been as good this season.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Randy-Moss-Insane-One-Handed-Catch-Against-Jets.jpg

The hamstring is still bothering him. thats all from the holdout and Rex;s stupid ass for playing him in the rain against Minnesota. where he injured it again. this is what happens when you play with a hamstring injury all year.

nychief
12-28-2010, 12:01 PM

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Bowser
12-28-2010, 12:07 PM

This....this is pure, uncut, hilarity. Those things, and well, the fact the defense sucked balls, and the coach not being able to coach, the coach and gm trading away what essentially would have been an all-pro offense over the past couple of seasons......

Face it, Knownothing..... The biggest thing that kept Denver from being in the playoffs this year was Denver itself.

rockymtnchief
12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Your defense has given up 438 points, your McDouche coach sucked and your players can't stay out of jail. I think you need to expand your list of excuses.

LaChapelle
12-28-2010, 12:13 PM
We've been Knowmo'd

CaliforniaChief
12-28-2010, 12:13 PM

The only thing that kept Denver out of the playoffs is that the NFL didn't expand them to include the best 14 out of 16 AFC teams.

You had the worst point differential in the AFC.

The Broncos are a terrible football team. But your delusions of grandeur only make it sweeter.

Bow down before the one you serve.

Quesadilla Joe
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Bow down before the one you serve.

We had a 31 point lead against you guys at one point during this season. You aren't better than Denver you just had a better season.

Just Passin' By
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM

There is no question that losing Dumervil at the very start of the season and starting 3 rookies on the o-line were major factors in the Broncos wetting the bed. It's part of why the firing of McDaniels was premature.

Whether those were the only things keeping Denver from the playoffs, though, is another matter. The inability to stop the rush had little to do with injury, and much to do with players like J. Williams not panning out.

CaliforniaChief
12-28-2010, 12:17 PM
We had a 31 point lead against you guys at one point during this season. You aren't better than Denver you just had a better season.

Thanks for believing in me, idiot!

http://predominantlyorange.com/files/2010/12/mcdaniels.jpg

nychief
12-28-2010, 12:22 PM

Okay. I'm sure you believe that... that being said, I think the organizations are heading in opposite directions at the moment. We'll see who you hire (might be limited because you have a Tight End playing QB), but, I think the future (and present) is bright and getting brighter at One Arrowhead Drive, not sure I can say that for Mile High.

Hey, remember when Denver was a premiere job?

LaChapelle
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
What shrimp of a coach will Bowlen hire this time
I think he wants a small guy he can beat
when they drunk wrestle

CaliforniaChief
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Okay. I'm sure you believe that... that being said, I think the organizations are heading in opposite directions at the moment. We'll see who you hire (might be limited because you have a Tight End playing QB), but, I think the future (and present) is bright and getting brighter at One Arrowhead Drive, not sure I can say that for Mile High.

Hey, remember when Denver was a premiere job?

It still is. People dream of coming to Denver. It's a greatest job in professional sports and Bowlen has to turn people away from it. /People who want to be unemployed and paid richly, as well as KnowMo.

stevieray
12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
..fans like blowmo is one of the reasons it's so easy to despise the donks.

...can't even own up to their own sucktitude.

rockymtnchief
12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
One game does not make Denver an equal or better team than KC.

Giving up 143 more points than KC doesn't even put them in the same conversation.

CaliforniaChief
12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
..fans like blowmo is one of the reasons it's so easy to despise the donks.

...can't even own up to their own sucktitude.

It's pretty hard when you realize how many checks you've written in light of how little money is in the account.

I remember being there as a Chiefs fan...thinking that we really weren't that bad...that there were just a few breaks that didn't go our way, etc...when really we were a BAD football team.

The numbers don't lie, KnowMo. You have a BAD football team. Why else would Bowlen fire the guy who basically put it together...or in your case, took it apart?

rockymtnchief
12-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Are we positive KnowMo isn't Chumley from Pawn Stars?

Just Passin' By
12-28-2010, 12:53 PM

:doh!:

Cleveland beat the Patriots and the Saints. Using your logic neither the Saints nor the Patriots are better than the Browns. They just had better seasons.

CrazyHorse
12-28-2010, 01:10 PM
We had a 31 point lead against you guys at one point during this season. Then we got caught cheating again and lost our coach. You aren't better than Denver you just had a better season. We'll be back on top again when we find a new way to cheat the system.

FYP

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 01:16 PM

FLUKE. It happens in the NFL.

In the words of Bill Parcells. You are what you're record says you are.

The broncos are losers.

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
:doh!:

Cleveland beat the Patriots and the Saints. Using your logic neither the Saints nor the Patriots are better than the Browns. They just had better seasons.

Exactly.
And we've also beat the Donks two of the last three meetings. With one being a Blowout win.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm really not afraid of any of the teams in this year's playoffs. There's no team that I say "We're definitely not beating them, home or away." I don't know if it's because we're that good this year, or they aren't that good lol. I'll take it. I'm looking forward to our first playoff win since 93.

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm really not afraid of any of the teams in this year's playoffs. There's no team that I say "We're definitely not beating them, home or away." I don't know if it's because we're that good this year, or they aren't that good lol. I'll take it. I'm looking forward to our first playoff win since 93.

I really think it's because we are a dangerous team, and ARE built for postseason
success as the article in the other thread claims. Cassel is on Fire, Bowe seems unstoppable, Charles is having one of the best seasons in NFL history, and our secondary looks to be healthy again with our young safeties having almost a full season under their belts.
Not to mention how invaluable the experience of Weis, and Crennel is about now.
I really hope we end up playing the Patriots. Can you imagine the hype leading up to such a matchup for the lamar hunt trophy?

Molitoth
12-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Are we positive KnowMo isn't Chumley from Pawn Stars?

Chumlee is actually pretty funny and entertaining.

KnowMo is a dumbf*ck.

So, no.

ThaVirus
12-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I'd say Knowshon Moreno is a bottom 10 starting RB in this league. Why does everyone think he's good?

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Is Knowmo everyone?

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd say Knowshon Moreno is a bottom 10 starting RB in this league. Why does everyone think he's good?

I haven't been able to figure this out either. Dude sucks.

muslinger
12-28-2010, 02:10 PM
REX RYAN IS BI-CURIOUS

ReynardMuldrake
12-28-2010, 02:22 PM
REX RYAN IS BI-CURIOUS

You will fit in well here.

LOCOChief
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM
REX RYAN IS BI-CURIOUS

Excellent #1 post noob and welcome.

JD10367
12-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Excellent #1 post noob and welcome.

I disagree. Massive negrep just for the mental image that it brought to mind.

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/1248/original/cannot_be_unseen.jpg?1257471121

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 03:02 PM

So by your token, the Patriots aren't better than the Browns, they are just having a better season.

Please, please, please let me know what your measuring stick is, so I can turn it sideways and shove it up your fucking candy ass. </end Rock rant>

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 03:04 PM
FLUKE. It happens in the NFL.

In the words of Bill Parcells. You are what you're record says you are.

The broncos are losers.

Just so we can all laugh, since the 6-0 start last year, the Denver Broncos are 6-19. 6-19. 6-19.

CaliforniaChief
So by your token, the Patriots aren't better than the Browns, they are just having a better season.

Please, please, please let me know what your measuring stick is, so I can turn it sideways and shove it up your fucking candy ass. </end Rock rant>

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate

Please, please, please let me know what your measuring stick is, so I can turn it sideways and shove it up your fucking candy ass.

ROFL

J Diddy
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Lol. Dumbass

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

WhiteShoeWillie
12-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Jets offense:

Sanchez sucks.

Sanchez is a 2nd year QB who has had ups and downs - basically he's been inconsistent. Lately he's been doing very well in terms of completion percentage which has been his biggest struggle in his short career. A lot of Jets fans will attribute that to much better play calling and I tend to agree.

When he's playing well he's shown signs of being a very good QB and has won us some games this year. I don't think it's really fair to say "he sucks".

I don't know where you get that idea from. He's shut down some top pass rushers over his career and this season. You rarely here his name called which is a good thing for an LT.

Yes he is. He's still a good passing option out of the backfield but he's clearly slowed down when running the ball.

He has been for most teams. He's a great route runner and has very good quickness. His hands are inconsistent but for the most part he's been very good for us.

Edwards is very inconsistent, and he's got lousy hands.

Edwards has been very dependable when thrown to this year. He has the best hands of any receiver on our team. You're thinking of his Browns days. If you pay too much attention to Holmes, Edwards will hurt you.

No he is not, I don't know where you get that idea from. He's not the dominating run blocker that Faneca was but he's a much better pass protector and decent in the run game. He's been a pleasant surprise for the most part.

I personally think he's over rated. He has the tools to be a major mismatch for opposing LBrs and safeties but he tends to disappear for games at a time. Not to be ignored, but he's not a huge weapon IMO.

Greene plays his best football in December/January and we're starting to see that. He is a punishing back who almost always picks up yardage after first impact.

-----------
Congrats to you guys on the great turnaround and winning the division. Both of our teams have some question marks that the critics will pound on, but they're both good playoff teams. This should be a good game if it does in fact come to fruition.

D-Train6906
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
wtf happened to Vernon Gholston? Does he start still?

LaChapelle
12-28-2010, 05:05 PM
The Chiefs secret weapon against the Jets is
[[[[[Scout Team QB Brodie Croyle]]]]]
He <<<< IS <IS>>>>> Mark Sanchez

Stram fan
12-28-2010, 05:08 PM
wtf happened to Vernon Gholston? Does he start still?

What happened to Gholston? That is what Jets fans would like to know. He never started, and has been one of the biggest draft busts the Jets ever had.

White Shoe Willie (also from the Jets GangGreen, TGG site) posted a very accurate objective take on the Jets. Not much to add to that.

My first post. I'm an old timer. AFL fan. A Jets fan first and always, but always liked the Chiefs and really loved Hank's championship team back in the day. It was AFL vs. NFL, and the Jets and the Chiefs shoved it up the NFL's dark regions. Great times, great times. Guys like Dawson, Lanier and the rest of that team... awsome.

At the Gang Green site I go by ThunderbirdJet in case you visit. Not much into trash talking, but for hard core football discussions, I'm all in.

Great season for the Chiefs, and I cannot apoligize profusely enough for 'ol Herm. Sorry about that, I was hoping he'd go to a team I hated. I knew it would be a disaster. I used to post at a now defunct Chiefs site... forget the name and was none too welcome when I warned them about Herm. Water under the bridge.

If you beat us, I'll be rooting for the Chiefs all the way.

Bewbies
12-28-2010, 05:12 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DPKf7y1F-Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DPKf7y1F-Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chest Rockwell
12-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Seems like as good a place as any...I'll just leave this here...

http://walterfootball.com/images/ryanfeet.gif

petegz28
12-28-2010, 07:54 PM
If anything we can get their coaches all in a twist if all the women in the stadium just take their shoes and socks off. The other coaches will have to hold Rex back and the plays won't get called.

MikeDevito
12-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Sanchez sucks.

He has his ups and downs like every QB. As of late he has been really good, I hope it carries to the playoffs.

So keeping Julius Peppers from getting a sack makes him overrated. I'd love to see Ryan O'Callaghan or Branden Albert keep him from getting one sack, just one. Also our BACKUP tackle Wayne Hunter kept Peppers from a sack

That he is

On a slant route he is trouble.
Edwards is very inconsistent, and he's got lousy hands

Please watch the Steelers games and the TWO helmet to helmet shots he took and held onto the ball.

Not really

Not after his dropped TD against the Bears :toast:

Played some of the best football ive seen from him against the bears.

But hey, you guys had a great season not going to lie. Holy crap didnt see your post WHite Shoes...we said the same thing hahaha

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
http://walterfootball.com/images/ryanfeet.gif:LOL::LOL:

Stram fan
12-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I guess they don't like to talk football here. Disappointing.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2010, 12:28 AM

Oh we do the problem is most of here hate Sanchez, Rex Ryan and New York in general. You won't get an accurate read on those subjects.

-King-
12-29-2010, 12:28 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=62733

ROFL ROFL We've been spotted.

-King-
12-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Seems like as good a place as any...I'll just leave this here...

http://walterfootball.com/images/ryanfeet.gif

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Oh by the way Jet fans the quote that you keep quoting is from a dumbass Patriot fan.

-King-
12-29-2010, 12:41 AM

Well you guys have lost 3 out of the last 4 looking rather terrible.

Your biggest strength was shitted on by the Bears.

Mark Sanchez is a below average QB.

Your running game has slowed down majorly since the first few weeks.

Your coach spends his free time making foot fetish videos.

Yeah, you guys suck.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Oh we do the problem is most of here hate Sanchez, Rex Ryan and New York in general. You won't get an accurate read on those subjects.

You'll get a definite accurate read on Sanchez. The only ones holding out hope on him are the ones who wanted to draft him.

WebGem
12-29-2010, 01:09 AM

ROFL you are so fucking stupid it hurts

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 01:11 AM
This is a gem from the dillusional cockbag known as Jetsfan in Fish Town:

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
We're not Denver or Seattle or Tennessee or buffalo. . Chiefs lose to any "decent" team or better.By decent I mean 7 win teams

How selective of a memory this moron has. The Jets have 2 quality wins all year. 2 wins over .500 teams.

The Chiefs had a joke schedule, but the Jets were Suh missed extra point, and an awful decision to not just take a tie from being 8-6-1 and on the verge of not making the playoffs.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-29-2010, 01:15 AM
They keep quoting the Patriot fan like it's us talking smack and bring up the Buffalo game, but neglect that they only beat Detroit due to Suh having to kick and shanking that extra point. Also, the Chiefs have been irrelevant since the 60's. Jeez, I must have missed all those Jet Super Bowl appearances and wins over the years :rolleyes:

D2112
12-29-2010, 01:31 AM
You'll get a definite accurate read on Sanchez. The only ones holding out hope on him are the ones who wanted to draft him.

Sanchez has been the by product of a predictable offense. up until the last 2 weeks the Jets lead the league in rushing attempts on 1st down at like 65%. AND THATS A LOT considering how many 2 minute situations that offense has been in this year. The last 2 weeks he hasnt been put in obvious passing situations all the time and has looked a lot better.

I'll be honest, sometimes he has made some great throws. and other times he has made some awful throws. but he's just in his second year, so saying he sucks (lol) is a little far fetched.

Just Passin' By
12-29-2010, 02:25 AM
He has his ups and downs like every QB. As of late he has been really good, I hope it carries to the playoffs.

Let me start by noting that I'm not a Chiefs fan, since some of you Jets fans seem to think I am. I'm a Patriots fan. I'm here because this board can be a lot of fun sometimes, especially the non-football threads. I see the Jets play most of their games every year, since they are division opponents, and I try to pay attention to what I'm watching. Now, on to Sanchez.

He's a lousy quarterback right now. Look, you can admit it and still be a Jets fan. Let's look at some rankings, from NFL.com, as of 3:00 am today:

QB Rating: 28th

He's ahead of Favre, Hasselbeck, Anderson and Clausen. That's an improvement over last year, when he was only ahead of Russell, but it's not exactly something to put on the "Good boy!" wall.

Completion %: 30th

He's ahead of Clausen and Derek Anderson, and that's it. That's not exactly stellar company or a ringing endorsement.

Interceptions: 13th most

That doesn't seem all that bad, especially because he's 8th in the league in attempts, until you realize that he started the year going 5 games without an interception, but has had only 1 game without throwing at least one of them since.

He's been better this year than last, but that's not saying much. He started off pretty well, getting 3 100+ QB ratings in his first 4 games and, as I mentioned earlier, going 5 straight games with throwing an interception. Unfortunately for his supporters, he's only gone over 100 QB rating once since that time, Hell, he's only gone above 87.2 once since that fourth game. He's also doing all this with a functional cast around him, so you can't point to "lousy team" as an excuse.

He's still one of the league's worst quarterbacks, and he still sucks. It doesn't mean that he can't improve moving forward, and it doesn't mean that he's not capable of having a good game, or a good run of games. It just means that he's crap right now.

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Oh by the way Jet fans the quote that you keep quoting is from a dumbass Patriot fan.

Everything is clear now :thumb:

Please watch the bears game whoever you are above, just watch a rerun or something....tell me if he played like Hasselback, Anderson, or Clausen. Where are you getting your stats from? Not being smart, just curious.

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Well you guys have lost 3 out of the last 4 looking rather terrible.

We hug in there against the Bears and Steelers, after those two games, I could care less about that 'hiccup'.

Your biggest strength was shitted on by the Bears.

Alright our DB's didn't play well, fair enough.

Mark Sanchez is a below average QB.

Hanging in there against the Steelers and Bears I would love to see Cassel do.

Your running game has slowed down majorly since the first few weeks.

Again, see the Steelers and BEars games....3 rushing TD's agaisnt some of the supposedly best run defenses.

Your coach spends his free time making foot fetish videos.

were going to the playoff!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Why should we care that Mark Sanchez is a second year QB? Is this game being played in 2013?

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 08:44 AM
This is a gem from the dillusional cockbag known as Jetsfan in Fish Town:

How selective of a memory this moron has. The Jets have 2 quality wins all year. 2 wins over .500 teams.

The Chiefs had a joke schedule, but the Jets were Suh missed extra point, and an awful decision to not just take a tie from being 8-6-1 and on the verge of not making the playoffs.

Chiefs SOS- .404 SOV- .387
Jets SOS- .509 SOV- .423

Can you guys give a little Chiefs scouting report for Jets fans who aren't really familiar with your team? Obviously we know about the big name guys.

1) What do you have at receiver behind Bowe? How about TE?
2) How is your front 7 on defense?
3) Outside of Flowers, how does your secondary rate?
4) Outside of Hali, do you have solid pass rushers?

HOI
12-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Jets fan new to the board and not here to talk shit but I feel these teams are very evenly matched. Our teams actually mirror each other in many ways. If we do play you guys which I think we will it will be a very close contest.

Truth is we havent dominated anyone all season expect the Bills who are a notch above a high school team. Cassell is playing well and Bowe scares the shit out of me. We have Revis yes but our pass D is totally a mess right now. Charles is red hot and your run game is #1 in the league. cant say I know much about your defense though.

Thing with the Jets is you never know which team is going to show up. Either our O plays great and our D suffers or its the other way around. We really havent played a complete game in all phases this season.

Im confident we can go on the road and get a win, were 6-2 this year on the road but its going to be a nail bitter.

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I agree we play like 3 different teams when were out there. The only real effort I've seen us play together was our first NE game we won 28-14 and the Steelers. But Our defense was weak vs Pitt.

crasherino
12-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Jets SOS- .509 SOV- .423

Can you guys give a little Chiefs scouting report for Jets fans who aren't really familiar with your team? Obviously we know about the big name guys.

Specifically, I'd love to hear about the Dorsey/Edwards/Jackson Dline. How are at holding the point of attack? Everyone in Jet nation is expecting Greene to be getting the ball a helluva more now that its becoming apparent that LDT has lost some steam.

Also, I'm shocked to see that Vrabel has no sacks. I always liked him as a player - is he really slowing down or is the lack of sacks misleading?

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Plus the game you didnt have Cassel doesnt mean the defense had to let up 31 points to the Chargers or 35 points to the Texans.

CaliforniaChief
12-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Specifically, I'd love to hear about the Dorsey/Edwards/Jackson Dline. How are at holding the point of attack? Everyone in Jet nation is expecting Greene to be getting the ball a helluva more now that its becoming apparent that LDT has lost some steam.

Also, I'm shocked to see that Vrabel has no sacks. I always liked him as a player - is he really slowing down or is the lack of sacks misleading?

Actually the NT is Shaun Smith, most of the time. Smith and Dorsey have done a very good job of getting a push. Tyson Jackson? Not much of a factor. However, when we put Wallace Gilberry in at his position, the line is a lot better.

Vrabel is not much of a factor in the pass rush. Look for more pressure from Andy Studebaker, one of the rising stars on this young defense. He has excellent speed upfield and seems to have a good nose for the ball.

The other guy you have to watch out for on blitzes is Javier Arenas. He times his blitzes very well and is very disruptive when Romeo sends him.

I think it's a great matchup for both sides. We'll see if things play to schedule and provide a Wild Card matchup!

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Beside Eric Berry and Flowers whose in your secondary? How good are they ?

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Beside Eric Berry and Flowers whose in your secondary? How good are they ?

Brandon Carr is a young developing corner. He's got good size, and has played much better this year. He is not a weakness by any means. One place where the team struggles is safety assignments on long pass plays. We've given up several long pass plays because our starting 2 safeties and our primary nickle back are rookies. They will at times commit to a receiver and leave one for single coverage instead of playing them both. Our Nickel back is a tough SOB and very good against most slot receivers. He lacks elite speed to stay with the speediest of receivers and size to stay with the bigger ones, however. While a young and very talented group across the board, their inexperience has been exploited at times this season. If you start getting the ball rolling in the passing game, they stay in a funk and seemingly can't cover anything for the remainder of the game. But if they start off well, they get a groove going and usually play well all game long.

-King-
12-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Actually the NT is Shaun Smith, most of the time. Smith and Dorsey have done a very good job of getting a push. Tyson Jackson? Not much of a factor. However, when we put Wallace Gilberry in at his position, the line is a lot better. Um, smith is NOT the NT. Never has been.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-29-2010, 09:54 AM
There have been a slew of people sliding across the line. Smith and Dorsey, while both primarily DE's, have played some NT at times. Hell even Gilberry has lined up across from the Center. Primarily though, Ron Edwards is the Nose Tackle.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Jets SOS- .509 SOV- .423

Shove the strength of schedule up your ass.

The poster clearly stated that the Chiefs have beaten one team over 500, which isn't even true considering the Chargers and Jaguars are over 500. The Jets have beaten 2 as well.

Are you going to bring that big Douche in a fireman's hat (who earlier in his life was a Dolphin fan) to Arrowhead?

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Shove the strength of schedule up your ass.

The poster clearly stated that the Chiefs have beaten one team over 500, which isn't even true considering the Chargers and Jaguars are over 500. The Jets have beaten 2 as well.

Are you going to bring that big Douche in a fireman's hat (who earlier in his life was a Dolphin fan) to Arrowhead?

I'm sorry if you can't handle simple facts. Did you smash your keyboard on your head after typing that? :drool:

I'm here to discuss football. If you want to act like a clown, feel free.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 11:05 AM

To answer these questions:

1: We have a pretty good TE who has great hands. We have a bunch of 3rd and 4th receivers who parade around as a 2nd option.

2: The front 7 is solid on defense. At Arrowhead, they have been in beast mode.

3. Outside of Flowers, I'd say our secondary rates pretty damn high. Berry is an unbelievable ascending player who has made huge plays this year. Kendrick Lewis is a ball hawk who is playing at a high level. Brandon Carr has been just as good as Brandon Flowers over the last 6 weeks.

4. Not really. But that one huge pass rusher is more than the Jets have.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry if you can't handle simple facts. Did you smash your keyboard on your head after typing that? :drool:

I'm here to discuss football. If you want to act like a clown, feel free.

No, I rubbed my feet.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
The Chiefs D has been Jekyll/Hyde this season. At Arrowhead the team is giving up 12.4 PPG, but on the road have given up 26 PPG. At home this young defense is playing at an elite level.

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 11:23 AM
To answer these questions:

1: We have a pretty good TE who has great hands. We have a bunch of 3rd and 4th receivers who parade around as a 2nd option.

2: The front 7 is solid on defense. At Arrowhead, they have been in beast mode.

3. Outside of Flowers, I'd say our secondary rates pretty damn high. Berry is an unbelievable ascending player who has made huge plays this year. Kendrick Lewis is a ball hawk who is playing at a high level. Brandon Carr has been just as good as Brandon Flowers over the last 6 weeks.

4. Not really. But that one huge pass rusher is more than the Jets have.

Our pass rush is garbage. If we don't fix it we won't go anywhere in the playoffs.

Who is your TE? I haven't seen a single Chiefs game this year.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Our pass rush is garbage. If we don't fix it we won't go anywhere in the playoffs.

Who is your TE? I haven't seen a single Chiefs game this year.

Tony Moeaki, rookie from Iowa. Great, great blocker with really soft hands. Runs great routes as well.

|Zach|
12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
The Chiefs D has been Jekyll/Hyde this season. At Arrowhead the team is giving up 12.4 PPG, but on the road have given up 26 PPG. At home this young defense is playing at an elite level.

Wow, I didn't know it was that night and day.

Stram fan
12-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Let me start by noting that I'm not a Chiefs fan, since some of you Jets fans seem to think I am. I'm a Patriots fan. I'm here because this board can be a lot of fun sometimes, especially the non-football threads. I see the Jets play most of their games every year, since they are division opponents, and I try to pay attention to what I'm watching. Now, on to Sanchez.

He's a lousy quarterback right now. Look, you can admit it and still be a Jets fan. Let's look at some rankings, from NFL.com, as of 3:00 am today:

QB Rating: 28th

He's ahead of Favre, Hasselbeck, Anderson and Clausen. That's an improvement over last year, when he was only ahead of Russell, but it's not exactly something to put on the "Good boy!" wall.

Completion %: 30th

He's ahead of Clausen and Derek Anderson, and that's it. That's not exactly stellar company or a ringing endorsement.

Interceptions: 13th most

That doesn't seem all that bad, especially because he's 8th in the league in attempts, until you realize that he started the year going 5 games without an interception, but has had only 1 game without throwing at least one of them since.

He's been better this year than last, but that's not saying much. He started off pretty well, getting 3 100+ QB ratings in his first 4 games and, as I mentioned earlier, going 5 straight games with throwing an interception. Unfortunately for his supporters, he's only gone over 100 QB rating once since that time, Hell, he's only gone above 87.2 once since that fourth game. He's also doing all this with a functional cast around him, so you can't point to "lousy team" as an excuse.

He's still one of the league's worst quarterbacks, and he still sucks. It doesn't mean that he can't improve moving forward, and it doesn't mean that he's not capable of having a good game, or a good run of games. It just means that he's crap right now.

Pretty unfair assessment, but from a Pats fan this is what I would expect. I'm not about to say Sanchez is a top 15 QB, but top 20, perhaps.

People think Edwards has bad hands, and that is based on reputation. He's been the most sure handed WR on the Jets this year, very few drops. Holmes, Keller and Cotchery have been dropping the ball with regularity. Sanchez had two very good games against both PIT and CHI on the road the last two weeks. The Holmes TD pass drop likely cost the Jets the win at CHI.

Willie, Moeki has been pretty good this year as the Chief's TE. He can mismatch against an LB really well, and can burn teams that don't put a safety on him.

I am worried that the Jets put Cromartie on Bowe due to his hieght advantage over Revis. Bowe will burn Cromartie, and Cassel can hit him at will. I hope they put Revis on him despite the size mismatch. Then if we can manage to contain Charles, McCluster can kill. We don't have an LB that can cover him.

It's one of the most interesting matchups of the year.

Titty Meat
12-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Wow, I didn't know it was that night and day.

Like Kid Cudi.

|Zach|
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Like Kid Cudi.

Oh man. I almost forgot about this song.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIl0l8C4IEw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIl0l8C4IEw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Pretty unfair assessment, but from a Pats fan this is what I would expect. I'm not about to say Sanchez is a top 15 QB, but top 20, perhaps.

People think Edwards has bad hands, and that is based on reputation. He's been the most sure handed WR on the Jets this year, very few drops. Holmes, Keller and Cotchery have been dropping the ball with regularity. Sanchez had two very good games against both PIT and CHI on the road the last two weeks. The Holmes TD pass drop likely cost the Jets the win at CHI.

Willie, Moeki has been pretty good this year as the Chief's TE. He can mismatch against an LB really well, and can burn teams that don't put a safety on him.

I am worried that the Jets put Cromartie on Bowe due to his hieght advantage over Revis. Bowe will burn Cromartie, and Cassel can hit him at will. I hope they put Revis on him despite the size mismatch. Then if we can manage to contain Charles, McCluster can kill. We don't have an LB that can cover him.

If Revis isn't on Bowe for the majority of the game I will throw a beer bottle through my TV.

Do you think Lowery can stick with Moeki?

D2112
12-29-2010, 12:06 PM
You know what would be real funny? if the Ravens or Steelers go to Arrowhead and the Jets go to indy. that would be funny..lol

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Lowery has both the Jets pick sixes. I think with more playing time against Buffalo he'll improve. Plus Were getting Smith back this week. If Revis isn't on Bowe....I'm not a Jets fan anymore.

D2112
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Lowery has both the Jets pick sixes. I think with more playing time against Buffalo he'll improve. Plus Were getting Smith back this week. If Revis isn't on Bowe....I'm not a Jets fan anymore.

Eric Smith is god awful. why are you excited about that? :spock:

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Eric Smith is god awful. why are you excited about that? :spock:

lol - he is awful, but he has the brains to organize the defense. We lost our defensive QB when Leonhard went down and Smith took over that duty. Then he got his skull cracked.

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
lol - he is awful, but he has the brains to organize the defense. We lost our defensive QB when Leonhard went down and Smith took over that duty. Then he got his skull cracked.

We need a play caller back there thats why.

Just Passin' By
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM

There's nothing unfair about my assessment.

Sanchez is not a top 20 QB. He's a bottom tier starter. He's right there with Henne at the bottom of the AFC.

Edwards led the league in drops in 2008, and he was dropping balls in 2009 too. His hands issues are not just reputation, as his own father can tell you. Here's his dad talking about it in an article done this past January:

“Am I worried about him getting a reputation for dropping the football?” Stan Edwards asked this week from suburban Detroit. “No. Because let’s be honest — he’s earned it.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/01/politi_its_time_for_braylon_ed.html

Saying that he's not dropping the ball at the same pace as last season is one thing. Saying that his hands issues are just reputation is another.

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 02:04 PM
There's nothing unfair about my assessment.

Sanchez is not a top 20 QB. He's a bottom tier starter. He's right there with Henne at the bottom of the AFC.

Edwards led the league in drops in 2008, and he was dropping balls in 2009 too. His hands issues are not just reputation, as his own father can tell you. Here's his dad talking about it in an article done this past January:

Saying that he's not dropping the ball at the same pace as last season is one thing. Saying that his hands issues are just reputation is another.

He didn't drop the ball a lot in '09 either. I think he had 6 drops last year. Yes he earned the reputation, but it hasn't been a big problem since he's been with the Jets. Especially this year.

ReynardMuldrake
12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Why does every Jets fan spell it 'Moeki'? I've noticed that on the Jets boards too.

ReynardMuldrake
12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Why does every Jets fan spell it 'Moeki'? I've noticed that on the Jets boards too.

I know, it's because they say it that way in Madden! ROFL

Just Passin' By
12-29-2010, 02:09 PM
He didn't drop the ball a lot in '09 either. I think he had 6 drops last year. Yes he earned the reputation, but it hasn't been a big problem since he's been with the Jets. Especially this year.

JFC, his own father understands the situation with the guy. Get over it. The Chiefs have Bowe to drop passes for them. The Jets have Edwards.

I'm a Patriots fan, so I'll use a Patriots player as an example. This year, Welker is dropping the ball left, right, and center. Does that mean that Welker is generally not a sure-handed receiver? No, it means that he's struggling with it this season.

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 02:09 PM

heh - I was just copying what someone else wrote.

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 02:10 PM
JFC, his own father understands the situation with the guy. Get over it. The Chiefs have Bowe to drop passes for them. The Jets have Edwards.

I understand the situation just fine. He hasn't had any issues with catching the ball this year. If you choose to be ignorant about it, be my guest.

Just Passin' By
12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I understand the situation just fine. He hasn't had any issues with catching the ball this year. If you choose to be ignorant about it, be my guest.

There's nothing ignorant about noting his issues with dropping passes. What's ignorant is claiming that it's only reputation.

Stram fan
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I think Edwards has two drops on the entire year. That is not a problem, but going back to some article in January is hardly going to reflect the improvements he has made this year.

Sanchez is still streaky. He has had some very bad games this year, and a cursory look at his stats don't really indicate how good or bad he's been. He's put two good games back to back now. Which Sanchez shows up is the question. He's won a fair number of games with late drives this year too, something he didn't do last year.

It isn't Sanchez that is worrying Jets fans now... it's the defense.

WhiteShoeWillie
12-29-2010, 02:16 PM
There's nothing ignorant about noting his issues with dropping passes. What's ignorant is claiming that it's only reputation.

Here's the list of AFC leaders in dropped passes this year. Feel free to point out where Braylon Edwards is on the list.

Pass Dropped
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Wes Welker NE 13
2t Terrell Owens Cin 11
2t Reggie Wayne Ind 11
4 Brandon Marshall Mia 10
5t Jerricho Cotchery NYJ 8
5t Pierre Garcon Ind 8
5t Fred Jackson Buf 8
5t Stevie Johnson Buf 8
5t Chad Ochocinco Cin 8
10t Aaron Hernandez NE 7
10t Andre Johnson Hou 7
10t Dustin Keller NYJ 7
13t Arian Foster Hou 6
13t Mike Wallace Pit 6
13t Hines Ward Pit 6
16t Dwayne Bowe KC 5
16t Owen Daniels Hou 5
16t Jacoby Ford Oak 5
16t Jermaine Gresham Cin 5
16t Santonio Holmes NYJ 5
16t Zach Miller Oak 5
16t Randy Moss Ten 5
16t Bo Scaife Ten 5
16t Brandon Tate NE 5

I'd post the link but I don't have enough posts yet. We have plenty of other guys who have had issues with holding onto the ball this year. Braylon isn't one of them.

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 02:17 PM

You neglecting the fact that he's been reliable this year. Our other receiver a lot of thought as being reliable from past years was Jericho Cotchery but he has the stone hands, not edwards. And in the Miami game Holmes dropped one in the the endzone, wide open. I was there, it was bad.

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I think Edwards has two drops on the entire year. That is not a problem, but going back to some article in January is hardly going to reflect the improvements he has made this year.

Sanchez is still streaky. He has had some very bad games this year, and a cursory look at his stats don't really indicate how good or bad he's been. He's put two good games back to back now. Which Sanchez shows up is the question. He's won a fair number of games with late drives this year too, something he didn't do last year.

It isn't Sanchez that is worrying Jets fans now... it's the defense.

Amen.

Just Passin' By
12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
You neglecting the fact that he's been reliable this year. Our other receiver a lot of thought as being reliable from past years was Jericho Cotchery but he has the stone hands, not edwards. And in the Miami game Holmes dropped one in the the endzone, wide open. I was there, it was bad.

I'm not neglecting "the fact" at all. I'm distinguishing one season from a career. As I noted a few posts back

Stram fan
12-29-2010, 02:31 PM

Phonetic spelling. Wrong, apparently, but I didn't have to go look at stats to get the correct spelling or info on how good and under rated he is. He is a good TE that is only going to get better. If a defense forgets about him, he will make them pay.

I'd rather mispell his name than not have any clue about how good he is. Heck, with these names in the NFL these days, I mispell half of them anymore. There are Je4ts players whose name I still mispell unless I look it up. Took a while to get Sione Pouha down. Pronounced see-o-ne Bo-who-ha.

ReynardMuldrake
12-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Phonetic spelling. Wrong, apparently, but I didn't have to go look at stats to get the correct spelling or info on how good and under rated he is. He is a good TE that is only going to get better. If a defense forgets about him, he will make them pay.

I'd rather mispell his name than not have any clue about how good he is. Heck, with these names in the NFL these days, I mispell half of them anymore. There are Je4ts players whose name I still mispell unless I look it up. Took a while to get Sione Pouha down. Pronounced see-o-ne Bo-who-ha.

It's not phonetic. His name has four syllables, not three.

MikeDevito
12-29-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm not neglecting "the fact" at all. I'm distinguishing one season from a career. As I noted a few posts back

Ok and you wrote that Braylon Edwards has crappy hands...this season he doesn't. Has he earlier in his career? Yes. This year? NO!

ReynardMuldrake
12-29-2010, 02:46 PM
It's nice to see some Jets fans show up. So far they seem to want to talk football instead of troll.

So far as that continues, welcome.

Chest Rockwell
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Pronounced see-o-ne Bo-who-ha.

Weird. That's not how he pronounced it in college.

Shogun
12-29-2010, 08:53 PM
It's nice to see some Jets fans show up. So far they seem to want to talk football instead of troll.

So far as that continues, welcome.

This. I do the same on other sports boards. Trolling sucks now, Just having a nice conversation with a future opponent spilling out strengths and weaknesses is refreshing for a change. Its hard to troll the hard skinned :thumb:

ReynardMuldrake
12-29-2010, 08:57 PM
This. I do the same on other sports boards. Trolling sucks now, Just having a nice conversation with a future opponent spilling out strengths and weaknesses is refreshing for a change. Its hard to troll the hard skinned :thumb:

It's interesting the different cultures on different boards. Some of them would probably buy you a beer if you saw them in a bar, others try to guess where you're from with insults and call you a homer troll.

And then there are Raider boards. If you can call them that.

eifmp
01-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone...Jets fan here.

Let's just first see who'll be playing whom in the playoffs before we even make this thread much longer than it has to be.

Jets could wind up playing: Jacksonville, The Colts, or Kansas City.

This thread could be all for naught.

Enjoy your new year and your football.

Edit: We would beat y'all tho :p

eifmp
01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Told you guys. You might not even play the Jets.

Buck
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Is this thread for the AFC Championship Game?

Hammock Parties
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Is this thread for the AFC Championship Game?

Must be.

Pawnmower
01-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm counting the chickens before they hatch, sue me.

I would but i really dont have any use for you nintendo DS, your cat, and your mom's panties.

on the bright side this thread wasnt any more of a waste of time than any other of your threads so thats something

Buck
01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Send this thread out to Lil Ronnie in Indy.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c0buqtbg68I" frameborder="0"></iframe>

MikeDevito
01-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Have fun with the ravens

RevisChrist
01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Have fun with the ravens

ROFL ROFL

Ravens cutting their ass