PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Dude thats filling in for Cowherd just said..

Carlota69
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
"....the Chiefs are better than you think thy are, but not as good as THEY think they are.."

LMFAO. Really? This douche hasnt seen any of Haleys pressers has he?

Bowser
12-28-2010, 11:41 AM
No. ESPN commentators are under orders to neither watch Chiefs games or say anything positive about them. The less their Chiefs knowledge, the bigger their end-or-year bonus is.

MVChiefFan
12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
No. ESPN commentators are under orders to neither watch Chiefs games or say anything positive about them. The less their Chiefs knowledge, the bigger their end-or-year bonus is.

ROFL

siberian khatru
12-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Could've sworn I saw Haley Monday say that after we destroy Oakland Sunday that he was looking forward to kicking ass in the playoffs -- "and it makes no difference if it's the Ravens or the Jets."

Dartgod
12-28-2010, 12:05 PM
"....the Chiefs are better than you think thy are, but not as good as THEY think they are.."

I heard it and that's not quite right.

He said, "....the Chiefs are better than you think thy are, but not as good as their fans think they are.."

Which is probably pretty accurate.

CaliforniaChief
12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
So you're saying that he's saying that they aren't who we think they are? Instead, they are not who they think they are, but are somewhere in the middle? Does that clarify it?

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2010, 12:08 PM

He said, "....the Chiefs are better than you think thy are, but not as good as their fans think they are.."

Which is probably pretty accurate.Not us. Not here. However, I believe we can hang with any team in Arrowhead.

MOhillbilly
12-28-2010, 12:08 PM
big market bias.

Brock
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I really don't see a lot of fans crowing about how good the team is.

cdcox
12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Seriously, none of the playoff teams are as good as their own fans think they are. Every fan base is going to be biased.

mnchiefsguy
12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
The guy filling in for Cowerd spent an hour talking about snow in Philadelphia, and frankly sounds like an idiot. Not going to get riled up by what the media says. If the Chiefs play their best football, they will have a chance to win. Can't ask for much more than that in year 2 of a rebuild.

stevieray
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
ooooooo..I love it.

The Chiefs suprised/humbled their own fans.

go ahead and think we're a fluke...just what the doctor ordered to an ascending young team.

alpha_omega
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Who is this fill-in?

LaChapelle
12-28-2010, 12:20 PM
This isn't New York
The local media isn't building them up to tear them down latter

Goldmember
12-28-2010, 12:23 PM

That's not what he said. He said "The Chiefs are better than you think they are, but not as good as their fans think they are".

Carlota69
12-28-2010, 12:23 PM

Hmm..I did not hear the fan part at all...Well, I think even the fan base is pretty well versed on how GOOD we are...All that dude has to do is read some of the threads in this place. He can start with the "Bench cassel" thread:thumb:

And yes the dude sounds like an idiot. Stumbling on his wrods saying things like "The Governor of Philadelphia cancelled the Sunday night game"....nerves I guess..

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Fuck 'im

RINGLEADER
12-28-2010, 03:02 PM

They are better than I thought they were. I figured 8-8 tops this season, but some real signs of genuine progress. 11-5 and hosting a playoff game? I think that easily qualifies as being better than I thought they were...

Seriously, if the Chiefs do get booted in the first round of the playoffs (which I do NOT think will happen) I will not feel the sense of doom that I experienced after 95 and 97 and 03. I will actually feel pretty damn good about where our young team is going...

JD10367
12-28-2010, 03:05 PM
So you're saying that he's saying that they aren't who we think they are? Instead, they are not who they think they are, but are somewhere in the middle? Does that clarify it?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYKIcnj1MJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYKIcnj1MJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rausch
12-28-2010, 03:07 PM
They are better than I thought they were. I figured 8-8 tops this season, but some real signs of genuine progress. 11-5 and hosting a playoff game? I think that easily qualifies as being better than I thought they were...

Seriously, if the Chiefs do get booted in the first round of the playoffs (which I do NOT think will happen) I will not feel the sense of doom that I experienced after 95 and 97 and 03. I will actually feel pretty damn good about where our young team is going...

Last time we went 11-5 we went to the AFCC...:evil:

TimeForWasp
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
ROFLSo you're saying that he's saying that they aren't who we think they are? Instead, they are not who they think they are, but are somewhere in the middle? Does that clarify it?

ROFL:LOL:

Earthling
12-28-2010, 04:58 PM

:thumb: