PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stuff I Was Really Wrong About

FAX
12-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Like many highly intelligent and thoughtful Planeteers, I make it a tradition to reflect on mistakes I may have made throughout the year and vowing to improve upon my thought processes in future.

I don't like crow, so instead, I'm eating pumpkin pie with whipped cream in order to punish myself for my errors in judgment this year. Nevertheless, here is my list of stuff I screwed up. It's only a partial list, of course. But, it's the best I can do given the time constraints I'm under due to a major mistake I made involving a Bissell carpet cleaner.

1) Cassel. I have been one of his most virulent critics. He seemed to be a hopeless doofus whose ultimate potential involved building little houses out of raw spaghetti and chewing gum. It appears, however, that the guy is coming along. Somewhere around mid-season (the Bills game, maybe?) he began to demonstrate true leadership on the field. Then, remarkably, he started showing real pocket presence and some accuracy. The 3rd and 19 throw to Bowe and the slide to his left followed by the clutch throw to Moeaki iced it for me. He has sufficient ability to play at a high level in the NFL. Amazing.

2) Mr. Raised On Rats. I once believed he was merely a run-of-the-mill imbecile. I was wrong. I now see that he is a first-class imbecile with an opportunity to become the undisputed King Of The Imbeciles. If, that is, he does not accidentally drown himself in the castle moat.

3) Haley. Although I have been a consistent Haley fan, I have questioned his ability to properly prepare his team for big games. After whipping Tack ass for an hour or so last Sunday, I think I was incorrect in this assessment. That was as close to a "must-win" game as we've seen in awhile. It's clear that he has control of this team and, if he is provided with some additional talent at key positions, can lead us to the promised land. Once he figures out how to consistently defeat divisional rivals, we have a winner.

4) Bowe. There for awhile, I lost faith in Bowe's brain. The lapses in concentration caused me to doubt his ability to perform in big games ... or even tiny games, for that matter. I couldn't have been more wrong about this. Bowe is playing better, responding to coaching, and rising to the occasion. If his development continues at this rate, Bowe may well be recognized as one of the very best WRs in the league by next year.

5) Potato Soup. I thought there was only one way to make good potato soup. Duh. It turns out there are about 50 different ways and they're all pretty good when served with fresh, hot cornbread slathered with fresh, creamery butter.

FAX THE WRONG A LOT

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

doomy3
12-28-2010, 12:53 PM
ROFL

Solid.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2010, 12:54 PM
heh

bevischief
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Nice. ROFL

DeezNutz
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Tough year, Mr. FAX.

I can remember when I made my last mistake in '87. It was a good five years before I was able fully to restore my confidence.

ReynardMuldrake
12-28-2010, 12:56 PM
REPOST

[just kidding FAX]

ClevelandBronco
12-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Following the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook's recipe for toffee bars doesn't result in toffee. It results in a damned square chocolate chip cookie.

Frosty
12-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Following the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook's recipe for toffee bars doesn't result in toffee. It results in a damned square chocolate chip cookie.

However, chocolate chip cookies are never wrong.

Coach
12-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Not to hi-jack the thread, but is NBC going to show the game tonight? Will it be on the tube, or only for the regional areas?

Thanks in advance.
Posted via Mobile Device

stumppy
12-28-2010, 01:02 PM
I thought I was wrong once. As it turned out I was mistaken.

stevieray
12-28-2010, 01:03 PM
fax
fix
fux

sly fox.

:thumb:

Frosty
12-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I thought I was wrong once. As it turned out I was mistaken.

Nothing wrong about your avatar. :eek:

penguinz
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Nothing wrong about your avatar. :eek:Too small?

Frosty
12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Too small?

No, just about perfect...

Oh - you mean the picture.

gblowfish
12-28-2010, 01:14 PM
FATHER RILEY B. JONES :
This is the story 'bout Bald-Headed Fax

FORMER RECORD EXECS:
Dong work for Yuda, Dong, Dong

FATHER RILEY B. JONES:
He talks a lot 'n it's usually wrong

FORMER EXECS:
Dong work for Yuda, Dong, Dong

FATHER RILEY B.JONES:
He said Dong was Wong,
'N Wong was Kong
'N Dong work for Yuda,
Fax was wrong

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again
Dong work for Yuda
Dong, Dong
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again
He said Dong was Wong
And Wong was Kong
And Dong was Gong
Fax was wrong

FAX:
Make way for the iron shaschige

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
I need a dozen towels so the boys can take a shower

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
Bartender, bring me a colada and milk

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
On second thought, make that a water . . . H-T-O!

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
Falcum . . .
Take me to the falcum!

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
I wave my bags
Did you wave your'n?

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
Well how much did they wave?

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
Ah'm almost two kilometers tall

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
This girl must be praketing richcraft

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again

FAX:
Don't worry about the f*ggot
I'll take care of the f*ggot

FORMER EXECS:
Sorry Fax
Sorry better
Try it again
Try it again,
Try it again
Try, try, try again . . .

FAX:
Your Pomona is very extinct...
Yeah, I studied with the Dong of Tokyo
'N also with the oriental Kato...
My body contain uh water
I just loves the way these Copenhagens talks!
Driver, McDoodle...
Sausage
Salima
Salami
That looks like that stuff that Freckles lets out
Once a month...

MVChiefFan
12-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I can't count the times that I thought "Mr. Fax, your and idiot with all your lack of potato soup knowledge". It takes a big man to admit your faults. :thumb:

tooge
12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Hmm. I'm not ever wrong. Sometimes I will say I was wrong if it means I have a better chance of getting my way with wifey or if I'm simply tired of listening to the mindless drivel of whoever it is I'm arguing with.

Frosty
12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
But, it's the best I can do given the time constraints I'm under due to a major mistake I made involving a Bissell carpet cleaner.

Wait a minute!

Why isn't this on your list? :mad:

Frosty
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Hmm. I'm not ever wrong. Sometimes I will say I was wrong if it means I have a better chance of getting my way with wifey or if I'm simply tired of listening to the mindless drivel of whoever it is I'm arguing with.

Oh come on.

If you have a wife, you are always wrong.

:D

DaFace
12-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Not to hi-jack the thread, but is NBC going to show the game tonight? Will it be on the tube, or only for the regional areas?

Thanks in advance.
Posted via Mobile Device

As far as I know, it'll be shown nationally on NBC.

Old Dog
12-28-2010, 01:26 PM
My ex-wife /thread

tooge
12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh come on.

If you have a wife, you are always wrong.

:D

As long as SHE believes that, its all good

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2010, 02:10 PM
If it was anyone else riding me whilst refusing my overtures for civility and friendship, I'd probably get genuinely bent out of shape, Mr. FAX.
But, you are a CP Original and Universe unto yourself, so I will take pride in that you even acknowledge me at all.

Cheers!

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Try potato soup in cast iron.

Otter
12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
With the exception of Todd Haley I had doubts about Cassel and Bowe as well. Heck, I think we all did at one point or another, it's not like it wasn't justified at points. I'm not sure what lit the proverbial fire under their asses, I'm guessing it's just a 'getting in the grove' sort of thing but I hope it keeps burning hot a bright.

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 02:22 PM
I think I was most wrong about Tamba Hali. After our putrid season of 10 sacks, and watching Hali get swallowed constantly by left tackles, I had written him off.
He has developed GREAT hands, and along with his relentless play, has made me to look like a fool.
Way to go Tamba. I think maybe you were hiding some injuries back then, that most of us were not aware of. I know you still are which makes you all the more of a STUD.

Saul Good
12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Bowe is a hell of a WR, but he's always going to be a threat to drop passes when it matters most. I don't think he has moved beyond that.

mlyonsd
12-28-2010, 02:31 PM
As far as I know, it'll be shown nationally on NBC.

Yup. That's the fact jack.

greg63
12-28-2010, 02:39 PM
I've always enjoyed your muses Mr. FAX.

Phobia
12-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Try potato soup in cast iron.

Weakens its structural integrity significantly.

ClevelandBronco
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM

And turns the potatoes green.

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Bowe is a hell of a WR, but he's always going to be a threat to drop passes when it matters most. I don't think he has moved beyond that.

I think it's the fans that haven't moved beyond that. He hasn't really dropped a huge pass in a loong time, and not nearly as many as years past. He seems to be becoming more, and more reliable all the time. I actually expect him to do something huge now rather than cringe.

Swanman
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM

http://myspace.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1203217084319.jpg.[roflposters.com].myspace.jpg

JD10367
12-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Ass before mouth.

I was very wrong about that.

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 02:56 PM

Pfft. Not if it's enameled.

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 02:56 PM
And turns the potatoes green.

See above.

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 03:00 PM
For the record, I was just playing up my 'everything is better in cast iron' MO. Soup in cast iron is not a good idea, unless it's enameled. Then, all you're really using it for is heat distribution.

Rausch
12-28-2010, 03:01 PM
1) Cassel.

Cassel has definitely improved. Dramatic improvement. But let's not forget this better showing is mostly the last 8 games out of a two year stretch.

If he continues to improve and produce he could definitely be a pro bowl QB for years...

3) Haley. Although I have been a consistent Haley fan, I have questioned his ability to properly prepare his team for big games. After whipping Tack ass for an hour or so last Sunday, I think I was incorrect in this assessment. That was as close to a "must-win" game as we've seen in awhile. It's clear that he has control of this team and, if he is provided with some additional talent at key positions, can lead us to the promised land. Once he figures out how to consistently defeat divisional rivals, we have a winner.

I'm no longer worried about his methods or coaching style.

In game I'm more worried than ever...

4) Bowe. There for awhile, I lost faith in Bowe's brain. The lapses in concentration caused me to doubt his ability to perform in big games ... or even tiny games, for that matter. I couldn't have been more wrong about this. Bowe is playing better, responding to coaching, and rising to the occasion. If his development continues at this rate, Bowe may well be recognized as one of the very best WRs in the league by next year.

I love the recent production of Bowe but I fear his ability to play consistently. Bowe can be taken out of games (perhaps due to no other legit threat) and he's dropped easy catches his whole career.

Still believe he should be a no 2...

Norman Einstein
12-28-2010, 03:04 PM
It's a good thing to reflect on your mistakes. I can't do that, it might cause me to redo them.

I officially put the past behind me and live in the here and now.

Those that dwell in the past seem doomed to repeat it.

Stewie
12-28-2010, 03:09 PM
For the record, I was just playing up my 'everything is better in cast iron' MO. Soup in cast iron is not a good idea, unless it's enameled. Then, all you're really using it for is heat distribution.

Who cares about heat distribution when making potato soup? The mass of the liquid overrides any pot in which it's cooked.

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Who cares about heat distribution when making potato soup? The mass of the liquid overrides any pot in which it's cooked.

There's that, too.

My contribution to this thread will top my list of 2010 mistakes. I'm sorry.

Stewie
12-28-2010, 03:14 PM
There's that, too.

My contribution to this thread will top my list of 2010 mistakes. I'm sorry.

I was just giving you shit. Now get out there and buy a garlic press! What it does can't be duplicated with a knife. Ask Guy, Lidia, Alton... :)

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I was just giving you shit. Now get out there and buy a garlic press! What it does can't be duplicated with a knife. Ask Guy, Lidia, Alton... :)

I know.

Alton says buy a garlic press? I doubt that.

I have one, but I never use it. I just smash the hell out of it with a knife and then chop away.

tooge
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I know.

I have one, but I never use it. I just smash the hell out of it with a knife and then chop away.

I wouldn't think Alton would like it unless it also grated cheese, covered caseroles, and could be used as a support during steaming or grilling.

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't think Alton would like it unless it also grated cheese, covered caseroles, and could be used as a support during steaming or grilling.

My point exactly. He hates unitaskers, and a garlic press could be used for precious little, therefore a waste of drawer space. He always says the only unitasker in his kitchen is a fire extinguisher.

cdcox
12-28-2010, 04:19 PM
My point exactly. He hates unitaskers, and a garlic press could be used for precious little, therefore a waste of drawer space. He always says the only unitasker in his kitchen is a fire extinguisher.

I use mine to make a great mousse.

Baby Lee
12-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I know.

Fucking Uni-taskers!!!

Use a framing hammer and some parchment paper, that way when you're done you have . . . a framing hammer and some garlicy parchment paper. ;)

Stewie
12-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Unitaskers? He's the king! He denies it, but you just have to pay attention to all the contraptions he uses. Try to make a great salsa verde with small bits of garlic. It doesn't work. The press works wonders.

Stewie
12-28-2010, 04:29 PM
This is a FAX thread about the Chiefs. Sorry to hijack Mr. FAX.

Fire Me Boy!
12-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Unitaskers? He's the king! He denies it, but you just have to pay attention to all the contraptions he uses. Try to make a great salsa verde with small bits of garlic. It doesn't work. The press works wonders.

You can't get small bits of garlic with only a knife? Hmm.... no one told my knife.

I'll admit, I've never really paid a lot of attention to the "contraptions" he uses. Can you elaborate? What does he use that would be considered a unitasker?

big nasty kcnut
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought i was wrong once turned out to be gas.

Ralphy Boy
12-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Jimmy Clausen = most pro ready QB in the draft
Cam Thomas = late 1st or early 2nd rounder
Dan Williams = top 10-15 pick

Hydrae
12-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I use mine to make a great mousse.

Your fire extinguisher? :eek:

GloryDayz
12-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I wonder if JA ever posts one of these threads???

munkey
12-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Like many highly intelligent and thoughtful Planeteers, I make it a tradition to reflect on mistakes I may have made throughout the year and vowing to improve upon my thought processes in future.

I don't like crow, so instead, I'm eating pumpkin pie with whipped cream in order to punish myself for my errors in judgment this year. Nevertheless, here is my list of stuff I screwed up. It's only a partial list, of course. But, it's the best I can do given the time constraints I'm under due to a major mistake I made involving a Bissell carpet cleaner.

1) Cassel. I have been one of his most virulent critics. He seemed to be a hopeless doofus whose ultimate potential involved building little houses out of raw spaghetti and chewing gum. It appears, however, that the guy is coming along. Somewhere around mid-season (the Bills game, maybe?) he began to demonstrate true leadership on the field. Then, remarkably, he started showing real pocket presence and some accuracy. The 3rd and 19 throw to Bowe and the slide to his left followed by the clutch throw to Moeaki iced it for me. He has sufficient ability to play at a high level in the NFL. Amazing.

2) Mr. Raised On Rats. I once believed he was merely a run-of-the-mill imbecile. I was wrong. I now see that he is a first-class imbecile with an opportunity to become the undisputed King Of The Imbeciles. If, that is, he does not accidentally drown himself in the castle moat.

5) Potato Soup. I thought there was only one way to make good potato soup. Duh. It turns out there are about 50 different ways and they're all pretty good when served with fresh, hot cornbread slathered with fresh, creamery butter.

FAX THE WRONG A LOT

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Ditto...If Cassel wins a playoff game I'm on the bandwagon...which he probably will...

KCBOSS1
12-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Sushi: I was wrong about sushi. I was 39 before I found out that there is some incredible sushi. Well, actually I'm still not sure there is good sushi in most places or even if the sushi that I had is real (there was nothing raw in it). But the hope rolls at Nakatos in Springfield are rediculous... My favorite food in the world. SUSHI

Chiefs=Champions
12-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Crow can be an acquired taste, i suggest a nice lemon and herb marinade.

Im currently q'ing a nice batch for my earlier season views on Matt.

Ugly Duck
12-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Here's some wrong stuff:

2010 Chiefs Are Frauds http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237073

Three reasons the Chiefs choke and miss the playoffs. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238417

KurtCobain
12-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Mr. FAX, I love Matt Cassel, and I'm happy to hear you're jumping on board.

morphius
12-29-2010, 12:25 AM
While I didn't like the trade for Cassel and thought he pretty much sucked his first year, I kept in mind that I didn't like the trade for Trent Green and thought he sucked his first year here. I learned the first time to give the players some time.

KurtCobain
12-29-2010, 12:28 AM
While I didn't like the trade for Cassel and thought he pretty much sucked his first year, I kept in mind that I didn't like the trade for Trent Green and thought he sucked his first year here. I learned the first time to give the players some time.

What about when we trade for a 28 year old, backup QB named Jake Locker?

LiveSteam
12-29-2010, 12:29 AM
"Stuff I Was Really Wrong About"
Tigers 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000
Iowa 14