PDA

View Full Version : Football waaaaaaaa this lawsuit is a money grab.

Gracie Dean
12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Ky. couple sues Bengals, stadium over drunk fans
Buzz up!38 votes Share
retweet
EmailPrint..By DAN SEWELL, Associated Press Dan Sewell, Associated Press Tue Dec 28, 9:00 pm ET
CINCINNATI A woman says two increasingly intoxicated fans at a Cincinnati Bengals game fell on her, breaking her nose and finger and causing other injuries.

The woman and her husband are suing the Bengals, the beer vendor and the county-owned football stadium for negligence, alleging they continued to serve alcohol to "noticeably intoxicated" fans at a 2009 NFL game.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said Tuesday the team wouldn't comment on pending litigation. Neither would the stadium vendor, Philadelphia-based Aramark Corp., company spokeswoman Dave Freireich said. Hamilton County officials didn't immediately return an after-hours phone call Tuesday seeking comment.

Rebecca Dunn and husband Curtis Dunn of Owensboro, Ky., say the two men sitting behind them were served several drinks at Paul Brown Stadium before they fell on her, breaking and gashing her nose, breaking her finger, and causing bruises, sprains and other injuries. Their lawsuit seeks unspecified monetary damages for past and future pain and suffering and medical treatment that they say has cost $20,000 so far.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_bengals_drunk_fans

Gracie Dean
12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
They also mention that some Oakley's were broken and they HAD to spend the night in a hotel

chiefsnorth
12-29-2010, 11:10 AM
How is it a "money grab" if she legitimately has injuries and medical expenses?

DonTellMeShowMe
12-29-2010, 11:10 AM
sounds like a new version of this

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239289

4th and Long
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Good luck with that lawsuit.

Gracie Dean
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
How is it a "money grab" if she legitimately has injuries and medical expenses?

everything but the kitchen sink is thrown in the lawsuit. Had they stopped at the injuries, maybe a little more sympathy would be in order.

I was at Arrowhead when a person fell from the 3rd level and I never saw a lawsuit from that

Bane
12-29-2010, 11:13 AM
They also mention that some Oakley's were broken and they HAD to spend the night in a hotel

They still make those?ROFL

threebag02
12-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Sounds like they had a good time.

Fumblerooski
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
20,000 for a broken finger and nose?? I'd hate to have to go to a hospital there.. I was in a car wreck with brain injuries a few years ago, and my insurance paid out 27,000...

Chiefs Rool
12-29-2010, 11:15 AM
the idiots who did it should be liable for damages and medical expenses.

Baby Lee
No need for a legal system, noswad's here to dispense justice on the basis of a paragraph on the internet.

alpha_omega
They still make those?ROFL

I don't get it.
I am not in touch with the latest trends, but i guess you are saying they are out of style?

I guess that means i need to throw my pair away???

Gracie Dean
12-29-2010, 11:16 AM
"As a direct and proximate result of their intoxication, (the two men) lost control and fell" on (Rebecca Dunn), causing "catastrophic injuries" that required nose surgery and continuing orthopedic and other medical treatment, the lawsuit says. The incident also broke her $700 Oakley sunglasses and caused the couple to incur other expenses they had to spend the night in a downtown hotel because the stadium garage closed after the game before they could retrieve their car, the lawsuit states.

The Dunns also are seeking punitive damages. A court hearing on the lawsuit, filed Nov. 29, is scheduled for next month.

Chiefs Rool
20,000 for a broken finger and nose?? I'd hate to have to go to a hospital there.. I was in a car wreck with brain injuries a few years ago, and my insurance paid out 27,000...

$20K sounds about right for that, that's what hospitals charge for their 10 minutes of work.

Old Dog
I was in a car wreck with brain injuries a few years ago...

That explains quite a bit

*sorry, you teed it up

Gracie Dean
No need for a legal system, noswad's here to dispense justice on the basis of a paragraph on the internet.

yup that is me.....

ClevelandBronco
12-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Unless they're asking for lebenty leben dollars, I don't get why it's a money grab either.

KCUnited
I don't get it.
I am not in touch with the latest trends, but i guess you are saying they are out of style?

I guess that means i need to throw my pair away???

Craigslist, Cincinnati brah.

AirForceChief
I was at Arrowhead when a person fell from the 3rd level and I never saw a lawsuit from that

Didn't you know? Bumbles Bounce!!

Bane
the idiots who did it should be liable for damages and medical expenses.

Yeah I have to agree with this.Just because you're at someone else's house doesn't mean you shouldn't be held accountable for your own stupid acts.I would be interested to see how it plays out though.

Gracie Dean
12-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Unless they're asking for lebenty leben dollars, I don't get why it's a money grab either.

In my opinion, if they had stopped at the injuries and cost, I would not feel they were going after money. But they want their 700 dollar Oakley's paid for and the cost of having to spend teh night in a hotel after the game...ect...

ClevelandBronco
12-29-2010, 11:20 AM
In my opinion, if they had stopped at the injuries and cost, I would not feel they were going after money. But they want their 700 dollar Oakley's paid for and the cost of having to spend teh night in a hotel after the game...ect...

Yep. Sounds pretty reasonable.

AndChiefs
12-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Ehh I agree with the hotel and Oakley's payment. After all, those are direct results of the injuries (or seem to be). However, past and future pain and suffering are always a laugher to me.

Cave Johnson
12-29-2010, 11:22 AM
$20K sounds about right for that, that's what hospitals charge for their 10 minutes of work.

My guess is, she's uninsured and looking to get her medical bills paid.

Molitoth
12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
It's not the team or the beer vendors fault FFS.

Lawsuits are rediculas.

ClevelandBronco
My guess is, she's uninsured and looking to get her medical bills paid.

Even if she is insured, I don't see why her insurance should be on the hook for damage that someone else caused.

chiefsnorth

So? If someone else's negligent behavior damages your personal property you should be able to recover damages. It's no different than if the drunks had hit her car with their car. She would be entitled to be made whole.

You could argue that the drunks should be getting sued, or you can argue the virtues of transferring liability to the stadium operators for overserving. But to call this a money grab is moronic

REDHOTGTO
12-29-2010, 11:28 AM
i wonder if i can go after that dumbass denver fan who's ass i kicked in 2004 at the game and cut my knuckle on his tooth?
wonder what thats worth?

chiefsnorth
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Ehh I agree with the hotel and Oakley's payment. After all, those are direct results of the injuries (or seem to be). However, past and future pain and suffering are always a laugher to me.

So if I get drunk and run you over with my car, and you deal with chronic back pain the rest of your life, that's "always a laugher"? You shouldn't be entitled to any sort of compensation for what I took from you? In regard to pain and suffering for 10, 20, 30 years - no big deal?

Bane
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM
So if I get drunk and run you over with my car, and you deal with back pain the rest of your life, that's "always a laugher"? You shouldn't be entitled to any sort of compensation for what I took from you?

I was sorta gonna ask the same thing.:hmmm:

Bane
12-29-2010, 11:31 AM
i wonder if i can go after that dumbass denver fan who's ass i kicked in 2004 at the game and cut my knuckle on his tooth?
wonder what thats worth?

Glory doesn't need additional payment.:thumb:

Cave Johnson
12-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Even if she is insured, I don't see why her insurance should be on the hook for damage that someone else caused.

The reality is the health insurer isn't going to pursue only $20K in medical. Litigation costs are prohibitive.

Fumblerooski
12-29-2010, 11:34 AM
That explains quite a bit

*sorry, you teed it up

I expect no less... :)

Earthling
12-29-2010, 11:39 AM
wonder what thats worth?

Prolly have to wait till he graduates to middle school to get the more bang for the buck.

j/k but couldn't resist :p

REDHOTGTO
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Prolly have to wait till he graduates to middle school to get the more bang for the buck

j/k but couldn't resist :p
:LOL::LOL:

ClevelandBronco
12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
The reality is the health insurer isn't going to pursue only $20K in medical. Litigation costs are prohibitive.

I'm pretty sure that we're all engaging in conjecture, and that none of us knows the reality.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-29-2010, 01:17 PM

I think you're missing a digit. My brother had a work comp injury about 10 years ago with a compund fracture of his ankle. He got plates put in, then a staph infection, followed by skin and muscle grafts to repair the dead tissue from the infection. At last tally a year or so later his claim was over $400k.

Fumblerooski
12-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I think you're missing a digit. My brother had a work comp injury about 10 years ago with a compund fracture of his ankle. He got plates put in, then a staph infection, followed by skin and muscle grafts to repair the dead tissue from the infection. At last tally a year or so later his claim was over $400k.

Maybe I had cheap sh*tty doctors I suppose... I may go into another hospital and have em check my noodle out just in case...