PDA

View Full Version : Life Anyone else caught this annoying cold?

luv
12-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure if it's from being out in the cold last Sunday or the weather rapidly changing, but my nose is raw.

I really hope whatever is in my system is out by Sunday, or I will be miserable.

Yes, I'm whining. :D

MOhillbilly
12-30-2010, 04:17 PM
no but i did have my tonsils abscess.

that was fun.

raybec 4
12-30-2010, 04:26 PM
no but i did have my tonsils abscess.

that was fun.

You never said if it was staph or not.....was it?

DMAC
12-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I dont get sick.

Fuck....sick.

(echinacea does help me be this tough towards the ill that spreads through the unhealthy, though)

El Jefe
12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure if it's from being out in the cold last Sunday or the weather rapidly changing, but my nose is raw.

I really hope whatever is in my system is out by Sunday, or I will be miserable.

Must be a mid-west cold, everyone around here is sick, this cold is awful, I've had it for like 2 weeks.

jiveturkey
12-30-2010, 04:34 PM
I think that I caught the same thing on Sunday at the game. I'm pretty healthy though and I've pretty much kicked it.

Kidd Lex
12-30-2010, 04:44 PM
My 8 month old daughter, wife and myself are all fighting it. The strangest thing is how you feel better one day like you turned a corner, and then it pulls you back down and knocks you on your arse again. Im talking fever, body aches, ear-aches, etc... B R U T A L

MOhillbilly
12-30-2010, 04:46 PM
You never said if it was staph or not.....was it?

IDK next thing i got was a bill. Scar tissue still bothers me.

OnTheWarpath15
Knock on wood, no.

I usually get sick twice a year like clockwork. Late March/Early April and again within a week either side of Thanksgiving.

Haven't had even a basis cold yet this year.

Thank God.

peckergnat
I work with this ol' boy that grew up in the sticks down in Arkansas. He says that growing up if they caught a cold his Mom would have them go get a dried up cow patty from the field and bring it home. She would boil a pot of water with it in it and you would drink it. He says it cured you everytime.

I told him if I ever started sneezing or coughing I would run away until I felt better.

12-30-2010, 04:47 PM
I've been fighting the damned thing for nearly a month now.

GloryDayz
12-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Yes.. Here's the funny part, nobody knows who I am on conference calls. That's the silver lining!!! LOL!!

DMAC
12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Of those sick...did you get flu shots?

luv
12-30-2010, 04:50 PM

Unfortunately, no. I usually do.

DMAC
12-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately, no. I usually do.

Either never miss one, or never get one.

DMAC
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Either never miss one, or never get one.

I'm a never-get kind of guy.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Need some Petercillin? :)

GloryDayz

Yes!!! That's why the flu shot doesn't mean sh1t with the common cold! GD the CDC!!

DeezNutz
Shouldn't have hung the AIDS garland. Sorry.

Kidd Lex

I didn't, but the wife and baby did and they still contracted it, actually they're worse off if you ask me. This is my first "real" (not alcohol induced) sickness in 2 years and from talking to family and friends it is a widespread epidemic.

siberian khatru
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes. Came down with it about an hour after the Chiefs game Sunday. Was miserable Monday at work with full body aches, left a bit early and went straight to bed, fever spiked to over 101. Fever broke Monday night, then had two days of severe head and chest congestion. Today I think I'm finally on the mend, congestion isn't as bad. But still dragging.

I don't get sick often, and this has been a doozy. Sick as I've been in a long, long time. Been miserable all week.

RINGLEADER
12-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Yes. It settled in nicely on my 5 hour drive to the GF's neck of the woods in Iowa. I've been huddled in the hotel room ever since. The medicine in these parts is circa-19th century so hopefully dayquil does the trick...

RINGLEADER
12-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes!!! That's why the flu shot doesn't mean sh1t with the common cold! GD the CDC!!

True, but I sleep easier knowing it what I have is not the less-lethal-than-the-normal-flu variant that started with pigs. Or in Mexico. I'm not sure they ever figured that one out...

12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
I heard about some other young lady from Springfield, MO complaining about her sinuses on facebook today. this thing must be running rampant down in Springfield. havwe they quarantined that town yet? :(

GloryDayz
12-30-2010, 05:13 PM
True, but I sleep easier knowing it what I have is not the less-lethal-than-the-normal-flu variant that started with pigs. Or in Mexico. I'm not sure they ever figured that one out...

Agrred, but DG, in the middle of travel and a playoff run... This is bunk!!!

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes. Came down with it about an hour after the Chiefs game Sunday. Was miserable Monday at work with full body aches, left a bit early and went straight to bed, fever spiked to over 101. Fever broke Monday night, then had two days of severe head and chest congestion. Today I think I'm finally on the mend, congestion isn't as bad. But still dragging.

I don't get sick often, and this has been a doozy. Sick as I've been in a long, long time. Been miserable all week.This sounds like the Flu.

siberian khatru
12-30-2010, 05:25 PM
This sounds like the Flu.

Possibly, but I usually associate nausea with the flu. My stomach's been fine.

TrebMaxx
12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
I am on the tail end of shaking a case of pneumonia. I haven't been that sick in a long time. One good thing is while I was in the fever stage and just sleeping for days on end, I managed to quit smoking. Going on my third week without cigs.