PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Peter King says McDaniels won't wind up in KC

Quesadilla Joe
01-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Could Josh McDaniels end up in Kansas City? ... No.
https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21261181398294528

Another Chiefs related tweet from King.

Why is it offensive minds can't work w/Haley? Seems he has hubris issues to work through ... A question he needs to answer.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21266998281379840

Do you think Charlie actually takes the florida OC job ... Yes. For family and professional reasons.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21329557994872832

Why no McD in KC? ... Did you see the end of the KC at Den game? The handshake incident? There you go.
https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21328362349797376

And they hugged at the end of the Den at KC game. Your point? ... And you think that means they're all good now?

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21329010386538496

Hug after game doesn't mean anything. So why does handshake incident matter then? ... Simple. That's how Haley feels about him.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21329860123172864

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Peter King can toss my salad.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2011, 12:44 PM
King is jumping the gun. He has no idea why Weis is or could be leaving.

kstater
01-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm stunned King doesn't like what KC's doing.

Ming the Merciless
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Peter King can toss my salad.

With extra dressing

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Peter King: Scott Pioli will never be the General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I don't get what Haley has to work through? Gailey and Weis are 2 older coordinators that just might not have meshed with a younger HC.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2011, 12:46 PM
SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/#%21/SI_PeterKing) Peter King

RT @rsbe (http://twitter.com/rsbe): Chris Landry on radio last nite reported that if Weis -> Fla, McDaniels to Chiefs ... Good for him. I disagree.

41 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/SI_PeterKing/status/21265533458448384) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

Quesadilla Joe
01-01-2011, 12:46 PM
And before you dismiss King's opinion on McDaniels you should know that he probably said that because he spoke to McDaniels personally. He always seemed to get great/candid/honest interviews with McDaniels when McD was in Denver.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Who is Chris Landry?

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 12:47 PM
And before you dismiss King's opinion on McDaniels you should know that he probably said that because he spoke to McDaniels personally. He always seemed to get great/candid/honest interviews with McDaniels when McD was in Denver.

King has very little connections. His analysis and predictions about the Chiefs have been wrong (no way the Chiefs take a safety, no Pioli, etc..)

Mr. Laz
01-01-2011, 12:48 PM
If Haley can't get along with Weis, what makes anyone think he can get along with Mcdouche?

beginning to sound like Haley needs a foot-shuffling porter to hold his offensive clipboard.

Chiefnj2
01-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm stunned King doesn't like what KC's doing.

King has been pretty supportive of KC all year.

milkman
Who is Chris Landry?

He's a former scout that has found his way to the media.

RustShack

Yeah, he probably hasn't talked with McDaniels, Weis, Florida, or anyone in KC about this. I don't care if he has interviewed someone before or not. That doesn't mean you talk to them all the time now.

The Bad Guy
If Haley can't get along with Weis, what makes anyone think he can get along with Mcdouche?

I have no idea if it will work or not, but I have a feeling that a lot of coordinators don't get along with head coaches, but they manage to make it work because they both want the same thing.

Reaper16
01-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Peter King: Scott Pioli will never be the General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Peter King: Scott Pioli will never draft Eric Berry at #5. He told me "You know how I feel about safeties that high."

cabletech94
well...thank god for pete king.

The Bad Guy
He's a former scout that has found his way to the media.

Yes, I know who he is now. He's on Sirius a lot.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM

beginning to sound like Haley needs a foot-shuffling porter to hold his offensive clipboard.

Because Weis is conservative, Haley and McDaniels aren't? Those two are a match made in heaven.

milkman
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM

No.

He needs an OC who recognizes that he is working for an offensive coach that will want to have a voice in the offense.

It's not that hard to figure out.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 12:52 PM

beginning to sound like Haley needs a foot-shuffling porter to hold his offensive clipboard.:LOL::LOL: OMG your meltdown is classic!

CaliforniaChief
He called him up and said "Hey Josh, there's a lot of shit being said about you."

Josh pumped his fists a few times, pulled out his iPhone, took a picture of his next check from the Broncos, stopped videotaping his neighbor's wife, sat back in his chair, and just smiled.

"Why would I need to go to Kansas City? I'm going to be a great coach in the NFL someday, just like my biggest jockteria KnowMo said."

"But Joshie, that guy only watches portions of games. He really doesn't know what he's talking about. He's like that 35 year old that isn't quite all there...you know, the guy who tries to be boys with the guys at the firehouse and chases the engine down the street on his Schwinn while wearing a tin foil cap and ringing his handlebar bell."

"Oh, really?" "Wow, can you let Haley know I'd like to have lunch?"

DaFace
This deserves a thread?

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2011, 12:53 PM
:LOL::LOL: OMG your meltdown is classic!
thank you so much ... glad to entertain

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

01-01-2011, 12:54 PM
who cares what King thinks.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Because Weis is conservative, Haley and McDaniels aren't? Those two are a match made in heaven.
under Haley, the offense was UBER,UBER conservative

b,buuh,bbbut that was just because the Oline sucked /cp

Mr. Laz
01-01-2011, 12:56 PM
This deserves a thread?

apparently deserving enough to warrant a post by you

:fire:

Bwana
01-01-2011, 12:57 PM
This deserves a thread?

Consider the source. :shake: 10/1 says Knowmo can't walk and chew guy at the same time.

http://www.smart-kit.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/idiot%20test.gif

dirk digler
01-01-2011, 01:00 PM
No.

He needs an OC who recognizes that he is working for an offensive coach that will want to have a voice in the offense.

It's not that hard to figure out.

You don't think Weis knew that before taking the job?

Reaper16
01-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think even the rival fans on this board hate Todd Haley more than Laz does.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think even the rival fans on this board hate Todd Haley more than Laz does.

No question.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2011, 01:08 PM
coming from you that is hilarious

pioli sucks
Haley sucks
Cassel sucks
tyson jackson sucks
vrabel sucks
Hali can't play in a 3-4
Dorsey can't play in a 3-4

did i miss any of your bitching bullshit?

oh yea, Thomas Jones is a stupid signing

p.s. forgive me if i'm getting some of it mixed up with your douch patrol friends since you suck each other off so much it's hard to keep you guys straight.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
No question.
except for that fact that i don't hate him

in fact, until now i don't know that i've ever complained about him

so you're just making shit up again, i see.

splatbass
01-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think McDaniels will end up in KC, but for financial reasons. The Broncos have to pay his salary to the end of his contract, but if he takes a job with another team he forfeits that. The pay of an OC is less than the HC pay he will get for doing nothing.

Reaper16
01-01-2011, 01:20 PM

pioli sucks
Haley sucks
Cassel sucks
tyson jackson sucks
vrabel sucks
Hali can't play in a 3-4

p.s. forgive me if i'm getting some of it mixed up with your douch patrol friends since you suck each other off so much it's hard to keep you guys straight.
It's actually very easy to keep various drafturbator takes straight. Guys like you and Hootie are too consumed with blind hatred to see that the drafturbators disagree with each other all of the time. All of the time.

On my part, you nailed Vrabel, Tyson Jackson, Cassel. That's it. Well, I had doubts about Hali's transition to an OLB, but I was a guy who liked Hali already. I was never down on his DE play (except by way of his run defense).

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:24 PM
After reading Peter King's tweet, I now fully expect McDaniels to be our OC next year.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 01:26 PM
except for that fact that i don't hate him

in fact, until now i don't know that i've ever complained about him

so you're just making shit up again, i see.

Yes, making shit up again.

Laz just admit you have your period and we can move on.

splatbass
01-01-2011, 01:27 PM

I don't think that would be a bad thing at all. Haley is a good play caller. He just needs someone to handle the day to day coaching of the offense, then he can call the plays on game day without having too much on his plate like last year.

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't think that would be a bad thing at all. Haley is a good play caller. He just needs someone to handle the day to day coaching of the offense, then he can call the plays on game day without having too much on his plate like last year.

Hell no. Haley has blossomed as a head coach. He doesn't need to be double dipping with his responsibilities. Bad Guy nailed it - Haley needs a good mind for an OC, just that the new guy has to accept that Haley wants some input with the gameplan.

Al Bundy
01-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Peter King said the Bucs would be 2-14 this year.

KChiefs1
01-01-2011, 01:32 PM
This deserves a thread?

Exactly! Kinda like "Nick Athan says" threads.

DeezNutz
01-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Hell no. Haley has blossomed as a head coach. He doesn't need to be double dipping with his responsibilities. Bad Guy nailed it - Haley needs a good mind for an OC, just that the new guy has to accept that Haley wants some input with the gameplan.

I think we're way understating Haley's involvement. My guess: he's a fucking pain in the ass from the OC's perspective. But that's ok. Haley's the HC.

He needs an OC who will accept this, though. The "name" guys won't because they don't have to.

FringeNC
01-01-2011, 01:35 PM
McDaniels will have a lot of offers to become O.C. Unless he just worships Pioli or Cassel, why would he take this job? I don't buy it. Haley should just become OC and give the title to Nick Siriani.

Straight, No Chaser
01-01-2011, 01:36 PM
KC would be lucky to get kid McBellicheck. He can run an offense like nobody's business.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 01:36 PM
McDaniels will have a lot of offers to become O.C. Unless he just worships Pioli or Cassel, why would he take this job? I don't buy it. Haley should just become OC and give the title to Nick Siriani.

Familiarity with Cassel. Knows the defenses in the division. Could stick it to Bowlen.

Haley should not be the game-day OC ever again.

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I think we're way understating Haley's involvement. My guess: he's a fucking pain in the ass from the OC's perspective. But that's ok. Haley's the HC.

He needs an OC who will accept this, though. The "name" guys won't because they don't have to.

I can buy that. And maybe that's something Haley needs to work on, if he wants to continue watching this offense grow. I just don't think he can pull off head coach and coordinator, at least not yet. Part of being a head coach, I guess - letting go of your comfort zone and listening to others.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2011, 01:40 PM
You don't think Weis knew that before taking the job?

This is where you wonder if Haley is having a hard time keeping his hands off when he told Weis "you da man"!! They both probably just interpreted "da man" differently!:thumb:

I concur!:thumb:

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 01:41 PM

I don't get what Haley has to work through? Gailey and Weis are 2 older coordinators that just might not have meshed with a younger HC.

Sorry if I'm late to the party (been sick in bed in the Middle of Nowhere, Iowa), but has there been some press conference where Weis has come out and said he is leaving because he has problems with Haley?

That could very well be the problem (as far as I'm concerned, these guys need to deal with it), but where is the confirmation that it IS the problem.

If there was such an announcement, my apologies in advance...

Chiefshrink
01-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I can buy that. And maybe that's something Haley needs to work on, if he wants to continue watching this offense grow. I just don't think he can pull off head coach and coordinator, at least not yet. Part of being a head coach, I guess - letting go of your comfort zone and listening to others.

Precisely!!:thumb:

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Sorry if I'm late to the party (been sick in bed in the Middle of Nowhere, Iowa), but has there been some press conference where Weis has come out and said he is leaving because he has problems with Haley?

That could very well be the problem (as far as I'm concerned, these guys need to deal with it), but where is the confirmation that it IS the problem.

The only statement I've seen public is Haley saying he had "no knowledge" of any of this Florida talk, which we're all assuming probably means that it's pretty accurate.

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:45 PM
And put me in the group that thinks this is a potentially bad move for Weis. Head coaches have a very finite shelf life, and say he averages 7 or 8 wins his first couple/three years, he'll be shown the door. If he stays here, he gets a young, talented offense that has nowhere to go but up, and he doesn't take the heat if he runs into trouble. And the comments about his health and that Florida heat are valid, imo.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2011, 01:45 PM
The only statement I've seen public is Haley saying he had "no knowledge" of any of this Florida talk, which we're all assuming probably means that it's pretty accurate.

Political trial balloon from Weis to Haley. All a "Poker Bluff" to tell Haley LMTFA!

Weis ain't goin anywhere until you see it from his lips:thumb:

Bowser
01-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Political trial balloon from Weis to Haley. All a "Poker Bluff" to tell Haley LMTFA!

Agreed.

Another question, maybe one DaKCMan could answer -

Why would Florida even be interested in Weis? Name recognition is the only thing I could think of. He didn't exactly light it up during his reign at Notre Dame. Surely there is some young up-and-comer in the college ranks that kids would respond to better than Weis?

Chiefshrink
01-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Agreed.

Why would Florida even be interested in Weis? Name recognition is the only thing I could think of. He didn't exactly light it up during his reign at Notre Dame. Surely there is some young up-and-comer in the college ranks that kids would respond to better than Weis?

Is Weis former alum of Florida? Because I thought that Florida "always" keeps it in the family, PERIOD!

notorious
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
because they both want the same thing.

So you are saying that Haley wants to hit Golden Corral 5 times a day?

Bowser
01-01-2011, 02:11 PM
So you are saying that Haley wants to hit Golden Corral 5 times a day?

(changes lunch plans from Golden Corral to Panera)

splatbass
01-01-2011, 02:13 PM

It is all speculation. We don't even know if he is leaving. But this is a discussion board and we are having a discussion.

splatbass
01-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Agreed.

Offense wasn't his problem at ND, defense was. He is still a respected OC, so why wouldn't Florida want him for OC?

bevischief
01-01-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/31/2553791/chiefs-offensive-coordinator-charlie.html

Chiefs offensive coordinator Charlie Weis a favorite for Gators job
By ADAM TEICHERThe Kansas City Star
Charlie Weis
Charlie Weis

Join the discussion in the forums.
More Chiefs

* McCluster's promise remains unfulfilled
* Poll | How long should Todd Haley play his key starters against Oakland?
* Chiefs offensive coordinator Charlie Weis a favorite for Gators job
* Marty Schottenheimer to be inducted into Chiefs Hall of Fame
* Matt Cassel talks about Brady, Bowe, Pro Bowl
* Red Zone | Haley 'unaware' if Charlie Weis is candidate for Florida job
* Chiefs slowly restoring Arrowhead atmosphere
* Chiefs notebook | No blackout for Oakland, playoff games
* Red Zone | Derrick Johnson says he's a Pro Bowl alternate
* Red Zone | Oakland game, playoff game sold out (sort of)
* Teicher's Take | You play to win the game
* Haley discusses Raiders' offense
* Red Zone | What's in Sunday's game for Oakland?
* Bowe's work pays off
* Transcript of live chat with Star columnist Sam Mellinger
* Running back Jamaal Charles discusses his selection to Pro Bowl
* Chiefs notebook | Quarterback Cassel shrugs off missing Pro Bowl
* Don't Kill The Mellinger | Bowe walked into media room...
* How the Chiefs match up against potential first-round playoff foes
* Red Zone | Vrabel absent from start of practice

Charlie Weis, who as offensive coordinator helped the Chiefs become one of the NFL’s best offensive teams this season, may be on his way out the door.

Media reports indicate Weis is the leading candidate to become offensive coordinator at the University of Florida and could get the job as soon as next week.

Weis likely would finish the season with the Chiefs. The Chiefs conclude the regular season Sunday against Oakland at Arrowhead Stadium. They will play a first-round playoff game at home the following weekend.

Chiefs coach Todd Haley said he was unaware that Weis was talking to the Gators about joining their staff.

“It would be news to me,” Haley said. “I have no idea. That’s not something I would talk about right now. Our focus is on the Oakland Raiders. At a later date, if something comes up, I surely will talk about it.

“I’m unaware of anything. Charlie was out there coaching today, and we’re getting ready to beat the Oakland Raiders.”

If Weis leaves the Chiefs, one possible replacement could be Tampa Bay quarterbacks coach Greg Olson.

Haley and Olson worked together in 2003 for the Chicago Bears, with Haley coaching the wide receivers and Olson working with the quarterbacks.

Olson was offensive coordinator for the Lions in 2005 and the Rams in 2006 and 2007 before joining the Bucs in 2008. He previously served as a quarterback coach for the 49ers and Lions.

Nick Sirianni, in his second season as a Chiefs offensive assistant coach, also could become a candidate. One of Sirianni’s duties is to work with the quarterbacks on a daily basis, and some people in the organization believe he deserves much of the credit for Matt Cassel’s rapid development.

Cassel has had a breakthrough season. With 27 touchdown passes and five interceptions, he is the fifth-rated passer in the league.

In their only season with Weis, the Chiefs lead the NFL in rushing by more than 15 yards per game over the second-ranked Raiders. They are ninth in total offense and 11th in scoring.

“I think one thing that really stands out to me about coach Weis is his game-day presence,” Cassel said. “He’s so calm, and when I come off to the sideline, whether it’s good or bad, I get on that phone and he’s steady, he’s consistent and we are always trying to get better and move forward. He is a guy, like Todd and the other coaches, who has always pushed me to be the best that I can be, and he holds me accountable for my actions.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/31/2553791/chiefs-offensive-coordinator-charlie.html#ixzz19ohJMOq8

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 02:27 PM

Could be -- the Peter King "autonomy" quotes would seem to support that as a possibility.

If it doesn't come to pass expect a lot of face-saving "Yeah, but he WAS considering it" stories from the likes of Peter King.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Greg Olsen? That sure reads like a dude (Teicher) who is completely in the dark trying to stay relevant to the story that someone else broke but who knows?

You'd think he'd at least get a "no comment" from Weis...

Saccopoo
01-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Agreed.

Weis had Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen put up staggering quarterback numbers in college. Florida has three really good quarterback prospects in Brantley, Reed and Burton. You want to keep recruiting top flight quarterback prospects, then you have to have a coach or OC that will showcase the position. Weis' system does that.

I'm sure Florida alums and boosters and whathaveyou are making sure that they get a big name, proven offensive guy down there that will continue the signing of top flight QB recruits after Meyer leaves. Florida has a long tradition of landing top QB prospects, and I'm sure that they don't want that ending anytime soon. Someone with connections/money wants Weis and has put the grease to the rumor mill's wheel.

Whether it's true or not is complete conjecture at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
KC would be lucky to get kid McBellicheck. He can run an offense like nobody's business.

Huh?

Greg Olsen? That sure reads like a dude (Teicher) who is completely in the dark trying to stay relevant to the story that someone else broke but who knows?

You'd think he'd at least get a "no comment" from Weis...

Did he work with Freeman this year? If so, consideration please.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Huh?

Did he work with Freeman this year? If so, consideration please.Greg Olsen is Tampa's OC, not qb coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Greg Olsen is Tampa's OC, not qb coach.

Thanks! Would you consider him?

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks! Would you consider him?

I remember him from his days with the Rams from '06-'07. He wouldn't be a bad hire. This is what? His 3rd OC gig in the NFL? He wouldn't be a bad hire.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
personally, I believe this is all bullshit conjecture until proven otherwise

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Greg Olsen is Tampa's OC, not qb coach.

Well, he was Tampa's OC and QB coach last year after Jagodinzki was fired.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 06:07 PM
I remember him from his days with the Rams from '06-'07. He wouldn't be a bad hire. This is what? His 3rd OC gig in the NFL? He wouldn't be a bad hire.

He was with STL? Well, uh, in that case.....

:p

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 06:07 PM
He was with STL? Well, uh, in that case.....

:p

Heh. Well, he might have been Linehan's only good hire for a coordinator(and that includes Sanders).

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Heh. Well, he might have been Linehan's only good hire for a coordinator(and that includes Sanders).

I just hope we put real effort in to getting the right guy, and don't just hand it off to some in-house guy who may or may not be the best option.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Well, he was Tampa's OC and QB coach last year after Jagodinzki was fired.Still, it would be a lateral move for Olsen. Teicher is a moron and doesnt do research.

Rams Fan
01-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I just hope we put real effort in to getting the right guy, and don't just hand it off to some in-house guy who may or may not be the best option.

I don't see how that would be a problem, though. The Pats have done that basically every year since Weis and Crennel have left. Hiring an assistant who has been with Weis for awhile wouldn't be a bad choice.

Brock
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Scott Pioli would never draft a safety in the top 5.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Still, it would be a lateral move for Olsen. Teicher is a moron and doesnt do research.

http://military-power.net/images/Motivation/Understatement.JPG

kysirsoze
01-01-2011, 06:14 PM

YEAH! AND HE'S LOSING THE TEEEEM!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
YEAH! AND HE'S LOSING THE TEEEEM!!!

We lost Jamaal!!!!!!! He'll never sign now.

splatbass
01-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Scott Pioli would never draft a safety in the top 5.

:D

Quesadilla Joe
01-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Do you think Charlie actually takes the florida OC job ... Yes. For family and professional reasons.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21329557994872832

Why no McD in KC? ... Did you see the end of the KC at Den game? The handshake incident? There you go.
https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21328362349797376

And they hugged at the end of the Den at KC game. Your point? ... And you think that means they're all good now?

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21329010386538496

Hug after game doesn't mean anything. So why does handshake incident matter then? ... Simple. That's how Haley feels about him.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/21329860123172864

DBOSHO
01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Carthon will be our next OC

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Knowmo....who is your coach next year?

Yeah...

Don't worry about our team...your team is in BAD shape regardless of how you want to try to spin it...

milkman
01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Carthon will be our next OC

No he won't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 07:07 PM
No he won't.

Man I hope you're right.

Marcellus
01-01-2011, 07:11 PM
The foundation is pretty much set. I don't care too much who is next.

DBOSHO
01-01-2011, 07:11 PM
No he won't.

Uh huh.

I saw him at circuit city.

milkman
01-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Uh huh.

I saw him at circuit city.

Yeah, okay.

I saw him suck at the job in three different cities.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah, okay.

I saw him suck at the job in three different cities.

LMAO

penchief
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
under Haley, the offense was UBER,UBER conservative

b,buuh,bbbut that was just because the Oline sucked /cp

As conservative as Haley's offense in Arizona?

Bubuh, bbut......../Laz.

As aggressive as Haley has been as head coach, it's amazing to me that you can even suggest that his tendency is to be conservative. Even last year, when he was introducing the new offense he was the anti-Herm. I tend to believe that Haley is the kind of coach who tailors his offense to the talent he has.

It seems like you are jumping to conclusions in this instance. Do we know for sure that Haley and Weis aren't getting along?

The Bad Guy
01-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Someone get Laz a kotex.

RustShack
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah Laz doesn't appear to have any clue what hes talking about. again.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Neither does Peter King. I can't believe the BS that is passing as "journalism"...

baitism
01-01-2011, 10:01 PM

It's like a broken record.

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2011, 06:23 AM
I absolutely cannot fathom a scenario where McDaniels is Weis' replacement. Haley likes a family environment; too much ugly history.

https://twitter.com/kentbabb/status/21412842691371008

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 07:58 AM
KNOWMO'S LAST DAY.

Al Bundy
01-02-2011, 08:09 AM
KNOWMO'S LAST DAY.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/ancient-medieval-early-modern-ages/11596d1220309043-afghanistan-legends-gtfo-take-fail.jpg

Goodbye Knowmo

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/bwmyers18/gtfo.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm not leaving. I love Chiefs Planet to much to just abandon it. :grouphug:

Pushead2
01-02-2011, 09:01 AM

http://httpservererror503.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/7868c9eaa99d.gif

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 09:21 AM

Bet-welching cockbag.

You have no honor and you're a fucking quitter.

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Bet-welching cockbag.

You have no honor and you're a ****ing quitter.

It wasn't a bet. It was just a meaningless statement that Boss Chief took too seriously and now he has the rights to my sig. I thought the Chiefs were a horrible football team and didn't expect Charlie Weiss to help as much as he did.

Mile High Mania
01-02-2011, 09:24 AM
It wasn't a bet. It was just a meaningless statement that Boss Chief took too seriously and now he has the rights to my sig. I thought the Chiefs were a horrible football team and didn't expect Charlie Weiss to help as much as he did.

I agree with the Bad Guy...

Agent V
01-02-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree with the Bad Guy...

I agree with you.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 09:27 AM

A meaningless statement? You said you would leave Chiefsplanet forever if the Chiefs won the division. They won the division, and you're now not leaving because it's "meaningless". Where I'm from, we stand by our word. Shocking that a fucking loser like you, who quit on their team during the year, would back out. You're a fucking aborted fetus in the gutter of life.

You thought the Chiefs were horrible, but the Broncos were going to be good? There wasn't one person, besides dillusional Bronco fans that thought the Broncos would be better than the Chiefs in the preseason.

And here we go with the spin. It's all Charlie Weis? Was it all Weis when they hung 44 on your shitbag team last January?

The Broncos are going to be a dogshit team for a long, long time. Get used to the basement. Fitting, that's probably where you will spend most of your life living with your parents.

Mile High Mania
01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
A meaningless statement? You said you would leave Chiefsplanet forever if the Chiefs won the division. They won the division, and you're now not leaving because it's "meaningless". Where I'm from, we stand by our word. Shocking that a ****ing loser like you, who quit on their team during the year, would back out. You're a ****ing aborted fetus in the gutter of life.

You thought the Chiefs were horrible, but the Broncos were going to be good? There wasn't one person, besides dillusional Bronco fans that thought the Broncos would be better than the Chiefs in the preseason.

And here we go with the spin. It's all Charlie Weis? Was it all Weis when they hung 44 on your shitbag team last January?

The Broncos are going to be a dogshit team for a long, long time. Get used to the basement. Fitting, that's probably where you will spend most of your life living with your parents.

I concur with everything aside from the underlined...

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
It wasn't a bet. It was just a meaningless statement that Boss Chief took too seriously and now he has the rights to my sig. I thought the Chiefs were a horrible football team and didn't expect Charlie Weiss to help as much as he did.So, you failed miserably on 3 fronts. The Chiefs were waaay better than you thought, Denver sucked, and McDumbass was shit-canned.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I concur with everything aside from the underlined...

It all depends on the GM/Coach, but we've been round and round about it already. Respect your opinions about it.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I concur with everything aside from the underlined...They will if you hire another shitty HC. :thumb:

Bwana
01-02-2011, 09:32 AM

A Welsh, oh now there's a shock......

http://www.elsaelsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/liar.jpg

Mile High Mania
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
It all depends on the GM/Coach, but we've been round and round about it already. Respect your opinions about it.

True - it all depends on whether or not they focus 85% of their time and energy in FA/Draft on defense. I'd love a defensive focused coaching staff, but we'll see what happens.

I think Harbaugh has nice upside, but I'd almost rather see a guy like Rivera get a shot and see what happens. If Tebow is the future, you're going to need a top notch defense/ST to go with him...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
omg IT'S WEIS!!!!!! NOT WEISS!!!!

back to your regularly scheduled programming

rad
01-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Why today? Shouldn't his last day have been last week?

RNR
01-02-2011, 09:34 AM
A Welsh, oh now there's a shock......

http://www.elsaelsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/liar.jpg

Hey great white hunter how you been?

Bwana
01-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Hey great white hunter how you been?

Hey Jeff! Not bad, not bad at all, how about yourself? How are you enjoying your new home?

RNR
01-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey Jeff! Not bad, not bad at all, how about yourself? How are you enjoying your new home?

Pretty good, heck I have only got online a couple times since moving here~

Bwana
01-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Pretty good, heck I have only got online a couple times since moving here~

I noticed that. I'm glad to hear things are going well. :thumb: You really need to post more.

RNR
01-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I noticed that. I'm glad to hear things are going well. :thumb: You really need to post more.

I will be hanging out more this off season...wait ours starts tonight DANG IT~

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Still stunned by how many ppl still think Josh McDaniels will be KC's offensive coordinator. Now hear this: Not happening. Not. Happening.

https://twitter.com/kentbabb/status/23144395175895040

Ebolapox
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM

ROFL

little bet: I give you 10,000,000 casino cash if you're right (you seem convinced he won't come here), you leave the planet for good if he becomes our OC.

deal?

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2011, 05:16 PM
ROFL

little bet: I give you 10,000,000 casino cash if you're right (you seem convinced he won't come here), you leave the planet for good if he becomes our OC.

deal?

I'm not convinced. I just pray to God that he doesn't come to KC.

Dante84
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow.... Babb really put his nuts on the line.

It will be hilarious if/when he is told to pack his fucking shit and get the fuck out.

Ebolapox
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm not convinced. I just pray to God that he doesn't come to KC.

ROFL

you're such a fucking pussy. get the fuck outta here already, quitter.

dirk digler
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Babb didn't think Weis was leaving either

aturnis
01-06-2011, 05:59 PM

pioli sucks
Haley sucks
Cassel sucks
tyson jackson sucks
vrabel sucks
Hali can't play in a 3-4

Since when is Reaper a part of any "clique" on Chiefsplanet? Always thought the guy thought and spoke for himself. Thought that is why he's always gotten the respect he has in all the different areas he's been passionate about. ie. music, lit, chiefs, film. yada yada.

What's your problem?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Babb didn't think Weis was leaving either

Babb is a damned moran. He and QuitMo are perfect for each other.

Taco John
01-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Peter King always had the scoop on McDaniels. I think they're friends.

dirk digler
01-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Looks like McD is interviewing for the Vikings OC job

Just Passin' By
01-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Interesting choice, given the QB situation in Minnesota.

Mile High Mania
01-06-2011, 07:02 PM

Heh, maybe they can send Orton to MIN or Tebow on another Herschel Walker type trade.

DeezNutz
01-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Heh, maybe they can send Orton to MIN or Tebow on another Herschel Walker type trade.

Possible. I mean, how could the following quotation not greatly increase Tebow's overall worth?

“Tim Tebow is a darn good football player,” Elway said. “What we have to make him is a darn good quarterback, and that is what we have to figure out.”

I always advocate drafting "QBs" in the first round in the hopes of turning them into QBs.

http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/article/id/126867/group/Sports/

TheGuardian
01-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I didn't read through this whole thing but.........

Peter King said...

Pioli would never come to KC

Pioli would never draft a safety

KC wouldn't win more than 6 games this season

He's picked us to lose most weeks.

And in case you haven't noticed, we are below San Diego in his fine 15, even though they are out of the playoffs and we are in.

Peter King has never liked the chiefs.

Any questions?

Chiefnj2
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM

Peter King said...

And in case you haven't noticed, we are below San Diego in his fine 15, even though they are out of the playoffs and we are in.

Any questions?

He's given KC and Cassel a lot of credit this year. He never said Pioli wouldn't draft a safety. He said he had a conversation with Dimitroff who said that he [Dimitroff] had been speaking with Pioli and Pioli said that Dimitroff knew how he felt about taking a safety that high.

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2011, 09:05 PM

Peter King said...

Any questions?

I am pretty sure that Peter King formed his opinion by talking to McDaniels personally.

DaFace
01-06-2011, 09:15 PM
It's kind of amusing how much more KnowMo is worried about McDaniels coming here than Chiefs fans are excited by the possibility. It's kind of sad, really, that we've got a 130+ post thread about one possible coordinator out of dozens of possibilities.

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I am worried about McD coming to KC because I have a ton of faith in Pioli and very little in Haley. If McD goes to KC it will only be a matter of time before he replaces Haley as HC and with a good personnel man McD will truly shine.

milkman
01-06-2011, 09:20 PM
I am worried about McD coming to KC because I have a ton of faith in Pioli and very little in Haley. If McD goes to KC it will only be a matter of time before he replaces Haley as HC and with a good personnel man McD will truly shine.

Wow, you really are one dumbass mother.

swayy07
01-06-2011, 09:22 PM

not this shit again

Rams Fan
01-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I read somewhere that McDaniels might be an OC candidate for the Rams if Shurmur is hired by the Browns. Please don't let that be the case.

Saul Good
01-06-2011, 09:42 PM
It's kind of amusing how much more KnowMo is worried about McDaniels coming here than Chiefs fans are excited by the possibility. It's kind of sad, really, that we've got a 130+ post thread about one possible coordinator out of dozens of possibilities.

Knowmo=Claythan

LaChapelle
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Don't pick up Adrian Peterson until the 3rd or 4th round of fantasy football

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-06-2011, 09:56 PM

LMAO Your Chiefs Planet KnowMo.

BossChief
01-06-2011, 10:43 PM

Pure and simple, if you are to be a valued member of this board you need to bring humor and this quitter is chalk full of THAT.

GOLD, Jerry...GOLD!!!

TheGuardian
01-06-2011, 10:52 PM

Dude, McDaniels couldn't suck a droplet of sweat from Haley's nutsack. Haley has his team ready to run through walls for him.

McDaniels team was ready to run through a wall to whip his ass.

Dylan
01-07-2011, 12:19 AM
According to the NY media, there are reports that suggest UConn is interested in interviewing the Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride as a potential candidate for the head coaching job at UConn ...

Two of my top picks -- Curtis Johnson wide receivers coach for NO Saints and Jimmy Robinson wide receivers coach for the GB Packers. Both of them share a remarkable run of sustained success around the league.

Excerpt: Curtis Johnson
Tough-minded and uncompromising, few coaches bring more drive or passion to their profession than Curtis Johnson, and the Saints have been rewarded with outstanding results from the wide receiver corps since his arrival in 2006. He came to New Orleans after forging a reputation for developing top-flight targets on the college level for over two decades, and his stature has only grown on the NFL level.

Over the last four seasons, Johnson has worked with both veteran and young wide receivers, with all benefitting from his guidance and high-energy teaching style. Among the players who have continued to improve under his watch through their own dedication and his tutelage are Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem and Lance Moore.

With Johnson’s tutoring, Colston has gone from being the fourth-to-last player selected in the 2006 NFL Draft to posting 285 receptions for 4,074 yards and 33 touchdowns, rocketing up the club’s career leader lists in all receiving categories. After recording only 22 catches from 2004-05, Henderson has averaged an NFL-high 20.4 yards per reception since 2006. Meachem has made marked improvement each season, culminating with a breakout 2009, where he led the club with ten touchdowns. Moore has gone from the practice squad in 2006 to being the Saints’ reception leader in 2008 with 79 catches for 928 yards and 10 touchdowns.

With a coaching style that is intense and detail-oriented, Johnson’s wideouts have combined for 87 touchdown grabs and 29 performances with over 100 yards receiving since 2006.

Entering the fifth year of his initial NFL assignment, few coaches at any level can match the wide receivers that Johnson has helped develop.

COACHING CAREER: Lewiston (Idaho) High School, 1984-86;
Idaho, 1987-88; San Diego State, 1989-93; SMU, 1994; California, 1995; Miami (Fla.), 1996-2005; New Orleans Saints, 2006-.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/curtis-johnson/172c89cf-af31-4f96-9cbf-82d8fdb3b73e

Dylan
01-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Excerpt: Green Bay Packers Jimmy Robinson

A possessor of 25 years of coaching experience, Jimmy Robinson begins his fifth season as the Green Bay Packers’ wide receivers coach.

Named to his position by Head Coach Mike McCarthy Jan. 17, 2006, Robinson brings a wealth of experience to the wide receiver corps. A proven and established tutor of some of the NFL’s top receivers, Robinson worked with McCarthy while with New Orleans in 2004 when McCarthy was the Saints’ offensive coordinator. Robinson is the 19th wide receivers coach in Packers history, joining a group that includes Tom Coughlin (1986-87) and Jon Gruden (1993-94), plus Hall of Famer Don Hutson (1944-48).

Entering his 27th season in the National Football League as a player or coach, Robinson’s dedication to the fundamentals and focus on the “little things” has helped mold a mixture of veterans and younger players into a productive group over the past four years.

While veteran Donald Driver followed up two Pro Bowl campaigns in 2006 and 2007 (including career highs of 92 catches and 1,295 yards in ’06) with two more 1,000-yard seasons in 2008 and 2009, Robinson also has been instrumental in the rapid ascension of youngsters Greg Jennings, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson.

Jennings, who went from a second-round draft choice in 2006 to a Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie selection, enjoyed a 12-touchdown season in his second year, and now like Driver has posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons the last two years, with his 1,292 yards in 2008 ranking sixth in the NFL. The Packers have had two 1,000-yard receivers in the same season just five times in franchise history, and twice now under Robinson.

Meanwhile, Jones, a third-round pick in 2007, and Nelson, a second-round pick in 2008, made seamless transitions to the pro game that mirrored Jennings’. Jones caught 47 passes for 676 yards and two TDs in his rookie year, while Nelson had 33 receptions for 366 yards and two TDs as a rookie in 2008. Each’s numbers fell in the same ballpark as those of Jennings’ first year in 2006 (45 catches, 632 yards, three TDs), and after an injury-plagued second season, Jones rebounded with a career-best five TD catches in 2009.

Robinson spent two years (2004-05) with the Saints before coming to the Packers. In New Orleans, he built a group of receivers that became the most consistent members of the offense. In 2005, a season of significant adversity, Robinson helped elevate Donté Stallworth to career highs in receptions (70) and yards (945), along with seven TDs.

In his first year in New Orleans, 2004, Robinson guided Joe Horn, who tied a career best and matched the NFC lead with 94 receptions. Horn also established career highs and club records with 1,399 receiving yards and 11 TD catches. With eight 100-yard performances between them in ’04, Horn and Stallworth combined to set a single-season record for the most times reaching that mark by a pair of Saints targets.

Prior to his time in New Orleans, Robinson spent six seasons (1998-2003) as the wide receivers coach for the New York Giants and steered that unit to the most successful seasons in club history. Under Robinson, Amani Toomer emerged to capture the Giants’ franchise record for career receiving yards. Toomer also posted single-season team marks with 82 catches and 1,387 yards in 2002. Toomer became the first player in Giants history to catch at least 70 passes in four straight years (1999-2002) and have five straight 1,000-yard seasons (1999-2003).

In 2001, Robinson’s unit caught a team-record 186 passes for 2,680 yards and 15 touchdowns. Earlier, in 1999, Toomer and Ike Hilliard became the first pair of Giants receivers to combine to surpass 2,000 yards.

Robinson joined the Giants after four seasons (1994-97) heading up the Indianapolis receivers. In 1996 with the Colts, Robinson helped launch the career of Marvin Harrison, who became only the third rookie in club history to lead the team in receiving.

While coaching in a similar capacity with the Atlanta Falcons (1990-93), Robinson guided some of the league’s most exciting receivers during the early 1990s. In 1991, when the Falcons drafted Brett Favre, Robinson assisted Andre Rison and Michael Haynes to the top of the NFL’s touchdown receptions list for a tandem. One year later, Rison and Mike Pritchard led the league again in the category.

The 57-year-old Robinson first entered the professional coaching ranks in 1984, when he joined then-rookie Reggie White as members of the United States Football League’s Memphis Showboats. Robinson spent two seasons (1984-85) as the team’s wide receivers/tight ends coach, beginning his career in the league’s second year of operation.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/jimmy-robinson/006f8fc2-46da-4e42-81c5-0f58467d6339

Extra Point
01-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Possible. I mean, how could the following quotation not greatly increase Tebow's overall worth?

“Tim Tebow is a darn good football player,” Elway said. “What we have to make him is a darn good quarterback, and that is what we have to figure out.”

I always advocate drafting "QBs" in the first round in the hopes of turning them into QBs.

http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/article/id/126867/group/Sports/

i.e., the Broncos want to be down on their luck, so that they can be down with Luck.

I got the feeling that the Panthers aren't good enough for Mr. Luck, and this re-up with Stanford is a year-ahead parallel of Eli Manning's snubbing of SD. Elway is going to indicate next season, that they are in rebuild mode. The turnstile is going to be open for Captain Comeback, I do believe.

Dylan
01-07-2011, 12:58 AM
i.e., the Broncos want to be down on their luck, so that they can be down with Luck.

I got the feeling that the Panthers aren't good enough for Mr. Luck, and this re-up with Stanford is a year-ahead parallel of Eli Manning's snubbing of SD. Elway is going to indicate next season, that they are in rebuild mode. The turnstile is going to be open for Captain Comeback, I do believe.

Why jump to Eli? Stay right on point with John Elway --When Ernie Accorsi the former GM of the Giants had the position of GM for the Baltimore Colts, he selected John Elway with the first pick in the 1983 draft -- that is until Elway insisted he'd never play in Baltimore. Jim Irsay quickly traded him to the Broncos without consulting Accorsi -- Soon after Accorsi quit and served as asst to the GM George Young of the NY Giants.

Ugly Duck
01-07-2011, 02:45 AM
with a good personnel man McD will truly shine.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8Bg24ViMOVv2JbL4QNEirrqf-BPEpmqpg4OJC08Z3iTXEKpk5

King_Chief_Fan
01-07-2011, 07:06 AM

McD would never replace Haley.....that is just stupid.

Did you see Pioli having any interest in him as a HC?

milkman
01-07-2011, 07:17 AM

After reading some stories on Luck after last season and early this year, I was saying that I would not be surprised at all to see him stay in school.

I don't think this had anything to do with Carolina.

Quesadilla Joe
01-07-2011, 07:21 AM
McD would never replace Haley.....that is just stupid.

Did you see Pioli having any interest in him as a HC?

There were reports back when Pioli was interviewing for Cleveland that he wanted McDandiels to be his HC there.

milkman
01-07-2011, 07:21 AM
From August

Luck is my favorite out of that group, but I just have this feeling he won't come out next year.

Chiefnj2
01-07-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't know why everyone assumes Luck went back to school primarily for the reason that the Panthers were likely to draft him.

Be a goofy kid for one more year. He'll have 10 years of "business football" whether he goes pro this year or next.

kaplin42
01-07-2011, 08:21 AM
I want no part of McD in KC unless his title is Water Boy /Towel Boy. How some people can go from slamming him for two years on almost a daily basis, and then start foaming at the mouth to get him here is just insane to me.

There has to be better options for OC out there than McD.

jd1020
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I want no part of McD in KC unless his title is Water Boy /Towel Boy. How some people can go from slamming him for two years on almost a daily basis, and then start foaming at the mouth to get him here is just insane to me.

Maybe because McDaniels is a very good offensive mind and he's worked with Cassel. People bash him because hes a terrible coach and god awful at building a team. If he became the Chiefs OC he wouldn't be the coach and he wouldn't be making any roster moves...

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Maybe because McDaniels is a very good offensive mind and he's worked with Cassel. People bash him because hes a terrible coach and god awful at building a team. If he became the Chiefs OC he wouldn't be the coach and he wouldn't be making any roster moves...

This.

King_Chief_Fan
01-07-2011, 09:35 AM

Yes

Brock
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Yeah? Who? Any of them who called a record setting offense?

FRCDFED
01-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Last night on NFL Network they mentioned that Haley originally wanted permission to talk to the OC from Tampa Bay before he hired Weiss; however, was not granted permission.

They speculated that as the reason that Haley wouldn't be too disappointed if Weiss departed.

milkman
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah? Who? Any of them who called a record setting offense?

Not to discount what he did, but the fact is, almost any OC with just some offensive ability could have coordinated that offense.

I think McDumbass is a capable OC, but his playcalling has to be tempered with a little more balance.

Frankie
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM

My ex-ex-boss promoted a young dude that was working under me and my office mate over us. In this case it was the direct result of the dude's talents in ass-kissing. We kept things professional. But it was a real bitter pill to have to work under someone who had worked under us.

The point is, once a young underling is boss over you, it's not very easy to handle. Maybe Weis found out after a year he couldn't handle it. Most opinions here convict Haley in this affair. I think the scenario I just pointed out makes more sense.

Halfcan
01-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Peter King knows the Chiefs just like he knows football-ZILCH!

Quesadilla Joe
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
well today showed why chiefs need mcdaniels think it happens? ... I don't. McDaniels will be somewhere, not KC.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/24279736767225857

McDaniels is coveted as an OC but there's a belief he'll be a head coach again soooner than later.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/24290221721919488

notorious
01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
:facepalm:

We already had a pass happy idiot at OC, McDaniels would hardly change that.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Coordinator musical chairs - still hear Mike McCoy to KC to replace Weis, Josh McDaniels to Rams if Pat Shurmur new HC in CLE as many expect

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/24621211631747072

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
If McDaniels comes to the Rams, I might kill something.

The Bad Guy
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm for giving McCoy a chance. I like he's young and quarterbacks have improved under his watch.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm for giving McCoy a chance. I like he's young and quarterbacks have improved under his watch.

If he isn't like McDaniels, meaning he couldn't get a running game, I think he'd be a good hire. But I'm pissed that McDaniels could come to St. Louis if Shurmur is hired. In fact, I'm not pissed, I'm livid.:banghead:

WebGem
01-10-2011, 07:57 PM
If McDaniels comes to the Rams, I might kill something.

Why would you not want McDaniels?

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Why would you not want McDaniels?

He doesn't run the WCO and I don't like the fact Bradford would be under his 2nd OC n as many years.

WebGem
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
He doesn't run the WCO and I don't like the fact Bradford would be under his 2nd OC n as many years.

I doubt McDaniels going there is a bad thing. One way or another it would probably be good. Don't you think the team thinks about things like you just said before bringing him in?

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I doubt McDaniels going there is a bad thing. One way or another it would probably be good. Don't you think the team thinks about things like you just said before bringing him in?

Yes. But this would also be Spags first Coordinator(DC or OC) where he didn't have a guy like Reid or Coughlin having him as an assistant.

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM

McDaniels is the cream of the crop for OC's. Sam Bradford will only get better if he listens to McD. I would cut off my right nut to have McD be Denver's OC/QB coach for the rest of his career.

WebGem
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
McDaniels is the cream of the crop for OC's. Sam Bradford will only get better if he listens to McD. I would cut off my right nut to have McD be Denver's OC/QB coach for the rest of his career.

Yeah that'd be nice for them to be good enough for to watch the games, huh?

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:07 PM

That's not my point. He hasn't had a RB developed at all during his time in NE as OC and in Denver(Moreno has potential, but he isn't developed). He's going to have to use Jackson. If he does that, I might like this hire even more. But right now, I don't like the thought of changing OCs in Bradford's 2nd year.

The Bad Guy
01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Hilarious that Knowmo would cut off balls he doesn't have.

I would think Brad Childress would be more appealing for St. Louis to be honest.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Hilarious that Knowmo would cut off balls he doesn't have.

I would think Brad Childress would be more appealing for St. Louis to be honest.

So would I. He and Spags are friends(he called him to ask if they should claim Moss, or that was a report anyways). There's no one in the Rams organization that has ties to McDaniels.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:13 PM
The funny thing is Spags was the DC for the Giants in '07 and McDaniels was the OC for the Pats in '07. LMAO I can only imagine what their conversations will be like.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Saints said the Broncos have requested permission to interview DC Gregg Williams for Denver's HC job.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
That's not my point. He hasn't had a RB developed at all during his time in NE as OC and in Denver(Moreno has potential, but he isn't developed). He's going to have to use Jackson. If he does that, I might like this hire even more. But right now, I don't like the thought of changing OCs in Bradford's 2nd year.

He will use Jackson. McDaniels prefers running a balanced offense. Maybe like a 55-45 or 60-40 pass/run ratio. Denver just didn't have the right type of OL for McD's running game so we had to abandon it a lot. NE ran the ball a lot more than you think when McD was calling the plays there. They were ranked 6th in 2006, 9th in 2007, and 4th in 2008 in rushing attempts.

I'm not familiar with your OL but I bet Spags likes a power running game more-so than the zone and McD prefers manblocking too.

mnchiefsguy
01-10-2011, 08:20 PM

That would kind of suck. I like Williams a lot, and he would bring defense to Denver. Hopefully he turns them down. :)

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
He will use Jackson. McDaniels prefers running a balanced offense. Maybe like a 55-45 or 60-40 pass/run ratio. Denver just didn't have the right type of OL for McD's running game so we had to abandon it a lot. NE ran the ball a lot more than you think when McD was calling the plays there. They were ranked 6th in 2006, 9th in 2007, and 4th in 2008 in rushing attempts.

I'm not familiar with your OL but I bet Spags likes a power running game more-so than the zone and McD prefers manblocking too.

The Rams will run the ball if they get a new guard(they were awful runblocking) and maybe a new #2 RB. If they can do that, and get a #1 WR in the Draft, I'll be happy.

The Bad Guy
01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
McDaniels wants to be balanced? Since fucking when?

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:24 PM
McDaniels wants to be balanced? Since ****ing when?

Spags will shove it down his throat if he has to. That's what he did with Shurmur and being conservative.

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM

Again, he ran the ball a lot more than people think in NE. He is known as a pass happy coordinator but he is a far far cry from Mike Martz. If the running game is working McD will stick with it.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Again, he ran the ball a lot more than people think in NE. He is known as a pass happy coordinator but he is a far far cry from Mike Martz. If the running game is working McD will stick with it.

Martz had a RB go over 1,000 yards at least(Faulk). I don't think he's had one go ever 1,000 yard in his time as a HC and OC.

Brock
01-10-2011, 08:33 PM

MO, you better do some fast talking.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
This is pure speculation on my part, but I think we'll find out if McDaniels will be in St. Louis by the end of the week.

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Martz had a RB go over 1,000 yards at least(Faulk). I don't think he's had one go ever 1,000 yard in his time as a HC and OC.

He has used the RBBC approach. He did try and give Knowshon the load this year but he was hurt for a lot of the season.

Just Passin' By
01-10-2011, 08:36 PM

The Patriots switched to RBBC once Dillon began to decline after 2004. In 2008, the run/pass numbers were 513/534. That's pretty close to a 50/50 split.

Frankie
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM

From what I'm hearing that wouldn't be so bad. But McD is a more proven commodity as an OC. I'd be a bit weary of giving someone a "chance." If the chiefs want to take the next step they should shop for sure things, IMO.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 09:12 PM
From what I'm hearing that wouldn't be so bad. But McD is a more proven commodity as an OC. I'd be a bit weary of giving someone a "chance." If the chiefs want to take the next step they should shop for sure things, IMO.

McCoy doesn't have nearly as much as an ego as McDaniels. Settling for McCoy isn't bad.

DaFace
01-10-2011, 09:19 PM

If this were true, there's a good chance the Broncos would have won the 2nd game against the Chiefs this year.

milkman
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM

When Bellichick as dictating the game plan, to McDumbass.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
He's a cheater. Pass.

flynismo
01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
What's the general consensus on McD around here as an OC?

A lot of fans from my team want us to bring him in to replace Cam Cameron.

Rams Fan
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
What's the general consensus on McD around here as an OC?

A lot of fans from my team want us to bring him in to replace Cam Cameron.

Cameron's a good OC.

TEX
01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
He's a cheater. Pass.

This.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
This.

JFC, you're a goddamned moron.

The guy is one of the best and brightest offensive minds in football.

Get a clue, fucktard.

Rams Fan
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm disappointed now. Shurmur will probably be named HC tomorrow. If McDaniels is hired by the Rams, I'd be shocked. The Rams have no one on their coaching or FO that has any ties to McDaniels.

ForeverChiefs58
01-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm disappointed now. Shurmur will probably be named HC tomorrow. If McDaniels is hired by the Rams, I'd be shocked. The Rams have no one on their coaching or FO that has any ties to McDaniels.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Browns are working to sign Rams OC Pat Shurmur to a contract that would make him their next head coach.

The Browns hope to finish the deal in "the next 48 hours," and hold a press conference before the weekend. As Schefter points out, Shurmur has the same agent as president Mike Holmgren and GM Tom Heckert, so the deal won't be difficult to hammer out. Shurmur, 44, has coordinated St. Louis' offense for the last two seasons. He's been the favorite in Cleveland all along. Jan. 12 - 5:39 pm et
Source: ESPN.com

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-12-2011, 11:39 PM
The Patriots switched to RBBC once Dillon began to decline after 2004. In 2008, the run/pass numbers were 513/534. That's pretty close to a 50/50 split.

When a n00b ass Cassel was QB. Look at what he did in 2007, 2009, and 2010.

The guy does not run the ball.

2010: 580-398
2009: 558-440
2007: 586-451

Rams Fan
01-12-2011, 11:45 PM
When a n00b ass Cassel was QB. Look at what he did in 2007, 2009, and 2010.

The guy does not run the ball.

2010: 580-398
2009: 558-440
2007: 586-451

Which is what I'm afraid of. Spags wants a run oriented offense. McDaniels will probably run it more if Spags makes him.

BossChief
01-12-2011, 11:47 PM

LMAO

NoClue strikes again

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-12-2011, 11:48 PM
I realize that Bradford was a rookie QB, but given his completion %, his YPA was historically low. You may like Shurmur, but you are going to have to start throwing the field downfield.

BossChief
01-12-2011, 11:56 PM
I realize that Bradford was a rookie QB, but given his completion %, his YPA was historically low. You may like Shurmur, but you are going to have to start throwing the field downfield.

Kid was throwing to absolute NOBODIES...just wait till the guy gets some good receivers to work with.

Just imagine how good our outlook would be if we had drafted him...Chiefs QBOTF/Native American/Super accurate...just, damn. Then we have to watch Cassel shit the bed after filling us with hope...man, I REALLY hope we add someone that can get Cassel back on track and to learn to step up against good defenses.

Rams Fan
01-13-2011, 12:02 AM

I know that. I also believe that the Rams were trying to bring in Bradford slowly. They made sure that he took less hits then Bulger did and made sure that he wouldn't be too over whelmed. I really don't like Shurmur, but I'd rather have him stay with the Rams and give them some consistency then changing OCs after Bradford's first year.

Rams Fan
01-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Okay, I found out why the Rams would want him. Apparently, the Rams GM(Billy Devaney), wanted to interview McDaniels, but Denver had scheduled a 2nd interview with him and he never interviewed with the Rams.

Frankie
01-13-2011, 10:42 AM
...man, I REALLY hope we add someone that can get Cassel back on track and to learn to step up against good defenses.

I might be in the minority here these days. But that day will come. Cassel is still a work in progress. With this Weis thing (and I'm sure Weis did not have his heart in the last two games) the whole offense kind of quit. Cassel just fell back to what Trent did his first year here. trying to force everything and losing his poise in the process.

It's not Cassel. It's us the fickle fans. One day we eat crows over his performance, and the next day we puke the same crow all over him.

booger
01-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Okay, I found out why the Rams would want him. Apparently, the Rams GM(Billy Devaney), wanted to interview McDaniels, but Denver had scheduled a 2nd interview with him and he never interviewed with the Rams.

a second interview for McD in Denver? they must want to hire him pretty bad.

kaplin42
01-13-2011, 11:15 AM
I might be in the minority here these days. But that day will come. Cassel is still a work in progress. With this Weis thing (and I'm sure Weis did not have his heart in the last two games) the whole offense kind of quit. Cassel just fell back to what Trent did his first year here. trying to force everything and losing his poise in the process.

It's not Cassel. It's us the fickle fans. One day we eat crows over his performance, and the next day we puke the same crow all over him.

That is some fans on this site are like that. It's been like that since I have been here. Remember the Priest Holmes days. People were lining up to get a chance to have his nuts resting on their chin, then he gets hurt and everyone was like F him, giant PoS. Some fickle people on this board.

While I would give Cassel credit for a good performance, I never really believed he turned the corner. Looking like a HoF QB against shitty teams is not that hard. The moment he plays a good team, he shits himself. And if you don't believe me look back through the season. If they had a craptastic pass rush, or pass defense, Cassel was awesome. But if he got hit a couple of times, or the corners were better than average, Cassel crumbled.

The honest truth is, he has been a career backup for a reason. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter. And until KC stops trying to make starters out of backups, the team will never do anything in the post-season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 11:16 AM

:spock:

Quesadilla Joe
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
LMAO

NoClue strikes again

NE ran the ball a lot more than you think when McD was calling the plays there. They were ranked 6th in 2006, 9th in 2007, and 4th in 2008 in rushing attempts.

Rams Fan
01-13-2011, 03:47 PM
And time for McDaniels....