PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Perspective

cdcox
01-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Not unexpected to suffer a let down this week after winning the division.

Maybe we'll catch a ton of breaks, play way above our heads, and win a SB this year. Doubtful. This game won't have much bearing on that one way or another.

This team is still a work in progress. We're not there yet. The great thing is that the team is going to get some playoff experience. I will be disappointed if they make a showing like today, but I expect they will do better than today, win or lose. This is a long journey. We've made a lot of progress this year.

But this Raider game isn't that big of a deal from a multi-year franchise perspective.

milkman
01-02-2011, 03:18 PM
You expect perspective?

Are you new here?

yeti
Agreed. Everybody needs to to chill out.

mnchiefsguy
Indeed...in the grand scheme of things, it does not affect our future. Hopefully, we play a great game, win or lose. This season has been a pleasant surprise, and hopefully we can continue to improve in the off season, whenever that may be, whether it is next week or further on down the road.

notorious
Our pride got kicked in the balls today.

Nothing more, nothing less.

beach tribe
01-02-2011, 03:19 PM
With ya.

Bowser
01-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Eh, let them rant and rave and get it out of their system. Agree with the post, tho.

bevischief
How many more of these threads are we going to get today?

petegz28
today was actually a good thing. It was a wake up call that we can't just walk on the field and expect to win because we are at home

nascher
01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
You expect perspective?

Are you new here?

exactly ! Meaningless game and after winning the division who cares about 3 or 4 seed.
I like BAL as opponent if INDY wins.

Easy 6
01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Couldnt agree more.

FloridaMan88
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Not unexpected to suffer a let down this week after winning the division.

Maybe we'll catch a ton of breaks, play way above our heads, and win a SB this year. Doubtful. This game won't have much bearing on that one way or another.

This team is still a work in progress. We're not there yet. The great thing is that the team is going to get some playoff experience. I will be disappointed if they make a showing like today, but I expect they will do better than today, win or lose. This is a long journey. We've made a lot of progress this year.

But this Raider game isn't that big of a deal from a multi-year franchise perspective.

There is no good way to spin this. The Chiefs starters were physically dominated on both sides of the ball... especially in the trenches.

KChiefs1
01-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I wanted the Jets not the Ravens.

yeti
01-02-2011, 03:23 PM
When I started watching the game there was a steady dose of TJ 2 yd runs and no charles. Some dropped passes and some inaccuracy by cassel. They were not playing fast or with urgency and they were off. It appeared as though they came into the game with their minds elsewhere. If they suck the big one next week then we can complain excessively.

FringeNC
01-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Nice post.

Fritz88
01-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Here's what really worries me.

Haley kept saying that this team is young and needs to prove they earned their div title by not resting his starters. Could this have a negative effect on the players? Losing to Oakshit and expecting a matchup with a much better team next week? Or did the player not give a fuck today?

yeti
01-02-2011, 03:27 PM
today was actually a good thing. It was a wake up call that we can't just walk on the field and expect to win because we are at home

Exactly. How many times have we walked into home playoff games with a perfect home record and shit the bed. Wake up call. This is a young team that hasn't earned anything yet. This will hopefully send the message that they have to give it ALL, even if within the confines of Arrowhead.

DeezNutz
01-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Haley addresses the Weis situation. Confirms that he's going to Florida:

"bittersweet deal for me as a coach"

"Charlie is a family guy, has a family situation where he can go to Florida and be with his son."

No animosity whatsoever.

Ming the Merciless
01-02-2011, 03:30 PM
You expect perspective?

Are you new here?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Thig Lyfe
01-02-2011, 03:31 PM
The team might as well pack up and move to L.A. after today.

EWOK
01-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Having not been able to see the game, did anyone get hurt? Losing sucks but I would rather go into the playoffs with all key players healthy than winning against the raiders and having key players down.

FloridaMan88
01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Here's what really worries me.

Haley kept saying that this team is young and needs to prove they earned their div title by not resting his starters. Could this have a negative effect on the players? Losing to Oakshit and expecting a matchup with a much better team next week? Or did the player not give a **** today?

Better to get doused with reality this week rather than next week. Any high that the team was on after winning the AFC West last week should be gone after today's game.

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2011, 03:48 PM

No, it isn't because KC is going to get fucked up by the Ravens

teedubya
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
**** perspective. Is it too much to ask to not get swept by the ****ing Raiders? heh

beach tribe
01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Better to get doused with reality this week rather than next week. Any high that the team was on after winning the AFC West last week should be gone after today's game.

Good point outta SOFLO.

Fritz88
01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I think you are right

HolyHandgernade
01-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I was only expecting .500, +/- a game, as substantial improvement this year. We won 10 games and the division and get to be a playoff team for God knows how long. Losing sucks, and I'm sure I'll pull my hair out in the playoff game, but this is all GRRRAAAAVVVVY!