PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game:

10. Today we got our asses handed to us by our biggest rival. KC may have thought they were simply unbeatable at home. Today proved that you can't just show up and mail it in, even at Arrowhead. There was a little bit of good, a lot of bad, and a huge heaping helping of ugly in silver and black.

9. First, the good: We're going to the playoffs. That's good, that's very good indeed. Think about what a hollow victory this was today for Oakland. They go undefeated in the division, and don't make the playoffs. That's a super duper badge of futility. What was the difference? The difference was, KC beat Arizona, San Francisco, Jacksonville and Tennessee, and the Raiders didn't. Curiously, it seems except for AFC West teams, St. Louis and Seattle were the only teams they managed to beat this year. Oakland didn't even finish with a winning record. They're 8-8. And although it's mildly humorous that they kicked our ass when it didn't really matter, Coach Haley better figure out a way to beat the Raiders soon or fans will not be so forgiving in future years.

8. More Good: Tamba Hali had 2.5 sacks today - 14.5 for the year. He got screwed not getting picked for the Pro Bowl. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get added later as an alternate if somebody drops out. Eric Berry led the team with seven tackles, as he continues to play strong -mostly- on run support. (Berry will also appear later in the bad news with the rest of the defense.) Eric Dorsey played pretty well today, and most of the Raiders running plays were away from his side. Succop was perfect on field goal attempts. Jackie Battle had almost as much offensive production as Thomas Jones. Tyler Palko had the best QB rating (95.1) of all QBs to play today on either side. OK...now I'm stretching for good things.

7. Bad Things: Where to begin? Offense? Defense? Special Teams? There was plenty to go around. Offense looked like the KC we saw in Pre-Season. Cassel ran for his life most of the day. Passes were dropped. Offensive line couldn't run block OR pass protect. KC has less than 60 yards of total offense at halftime. You can't just sleepwalk through an entire half of an NFL game and expect to win. Fat Albert got beat repeatedly by anyone and everyone. And Richardson was even worse, if that's possible. Go back and watch Richardson if you recorded the game. He gets beat over and over and over on both running plays and in pass protection. Worse, he dogged in on several plays. Once he lost his guy, he just quit. He didn't trail the play, or look for somebody else to hit, he just flat dogged it. If O'Callaghan wasn't so terrible, I'd bench Richardson after this game. Surely offensive tackle has to be high on next years draft list. KC averaged 2.8 yards per offensive play, and gave up seven sacks -two of those on Palko. Cassel just killed any comeback chances with a bad pick that led to an Oakland TD, followed by a pick six. By that time he had happy feet and was just chucking the ball to keep from getting killed. They should have taken him out right after the pick six. The game was out of reach at that point.

6. More Bad Things: Defense was extremely shaky against a Raider offense that isn't all that. Raiders played two different QBs. Their second string running back went for 137 yards and averaged 5.5 per carry. Raiders won battle of first downs, total offensive yards, and time of possession, despite having twice as many penalties as KC. The first TD the defense gave up was a monster drive, and the Raiders first TD drive in the second half was sustained by two stupid defensive penalties. The face mask on Belcher was especially hurtful. A word about Belcher: He better watch his ass next year or he may be on the street. Last week he whiffed on geriatric Kerry Collins on a blitz, Collins threw a TD bomb because Belcher "Ole'd" him. This week, Belcher pulled Jason Campbell down by the face mask for no good reason. The play was already disrupted. That was just a bone headed, drive prolonging, killer penalty. Inexcusable, and the kind of play that gets you beat. It was the kind of play a Raider would make. Run defense gave up too many big plays right up the gut. Berry was out of position on the longest runs, and that's more rookie baggage. Today's run defense looked a lot like last year's run defense. Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, Romeo?

5. Even More Bad Things: Our special teams have been disturbingly non-productive, especially when comparing the last few weeks to the first few weeks of the season. Colquitt only averaged 38 yards a punt today. That about seven yards less that we should get from him. We had one decent punt return very late in the game when it didn't matter. Neither Arenas or McCluster has done much for a few weeks now. Today Sea Bass kept kicking off mortar shots that were fielded by the up-men to negate any long kick returns. But on punts, we need to block better. Arenas was having a hard time judging the wind, and when he did get room to run, nobody blocked for him. We can do better, we've seen it work earlier in the year.

4. The Ugly Things: There were lots of ugly Raider fans in the stands today. I have a theory about Raider fans. I'd guess there were maybe fifty fans who actually live in or near Oakland. The rest of them are just sleaze balls, convicts, loser misfits and tough guy wanna be's. There's a lot of greasy scum who just identify with the Raiders, because frankly, they worship evil. Just about every Raiders fan I've ever met -who has never even been to California- is a sociopathic waste of skin. Every dog has its day. Today was ugly dog day at Arrowhead. I hate their fans and every time I see them en masse, I realize there's no way in God's Green Earth I could EVER be a social worker (or in the case of these people THEIR social worker). Also ugly was that Cassel, Bowe and Charles all got beat up pretty good today. The sacks on Cassel and hurried throws were the reason for his picks. Charles got dinged up a couple times. Bowe took a stinger to the shoulder in the fourth quarter. I don't think any of the three took anything that will keep them out next week, but they all got beat up.

3. The Charlie Weis thing: This AM Petro was saying this is a family thing. Charlie wants to go to Florida and start teaching his son how to be a coach. OK, I can understand that. I think there's probably more to it. I think there might be some friction between Charlie and Coach Haley, but they'd never say that in public. The Chiefs PR Gestapo is pretty good at covering up anything that would smack of discontent. But why couldn't Charlie had sat on that until AFTER the playoffs? Why does it have to come out now? Timing seems a bit weird. I hope it was not a distraction, but after having less than 60 yards of total offense in the first half, you have to wonder if Charlie's head was in the game today.

2. I'm glad they did the Marty Hall of Honor induction thing this week instead of next week. We don't want Marty getting ANYWHERE NEAR our playoff game. People were very kind to Marty today, and a lot of his former players came back for his halftime ceremony. Marty looks old now, and seeing him look old makes me feel old too.. because I am getting older. The cold today works a lot harder on me now than it used to. My aging also makes me itchy for success. I won't live through another twenty year five year plan, that's for sure.

1. KC finished 10-6, and won the AFC West. That is a major accomplishment, no matter what happens from here on out. I am very skeptical about how we'll fare in the playoffs. I think we're clearly the weakest team in the AFC side of the tournament, and Baltimore is built very much like Oakland. Strong front seven on defense, good cover guys in the secondary, and a decent ground game. And Flacco is farther along in his development process as a starting QB than Cassel. If we get the same effort next week that we got today, it could be a Manning Style playoff butt kicking all over again. Again, in a strange way, The Raiders may have done us a favor today. Hopefully KC will take this as a wake up call that they are not unbeatable at Arrowhead. The home cooking and home crowd helps, but in the end, you have to go out and earn it. Now it's all about earning it. Good luck to us, and let's try to enjoy at least one more week. We're in the playoffs baby!

siberian khatru
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
All good, but lol at 6 and 2.

KCwolf
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Awesome as Usual.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
3. The Charlie Weis thing: This AM Petro was saying this is a family thing. Charlie wants to go to Florida and start teaching his son how to be a coach. OK, I can understand that. I think there's probably more to it. I think there might be some friction between Charlie and Coach Haley, but they'd never say that in public. The Chiefs PR Gestapo is pretty good at covering up anything that would smack of discontent. But why couldn't Charlie had sat on that until AFTER the playoffs? Why does it have to come out now? Timing seems a bit weird. I hope it was not a distraction, but after having less than 60 yards of total offense in the first half, you have to wonder if Charlie's head was in the game today.

Agreed. It was reported on one pregame show that his relationship with Haley had very little to do with the decision. It was a quality of life issue.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
In objective terms it made no difference. We'd still have been the fourth seed and played Baltimore at home.

Wrong. We would have been the third seed and played the Jets.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2011, 08:25 PM
i don't know what the hell we are going to do at OT next year.

Richardson reminds me of trezelle jenkins some times ... Big,lazy and dumb

Albert just seems soft, if a DL bitch slaps his ass he does get mad and fight he just goes numb.

we need more attitude on the Oline, more nastiness.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:25 PM

So what you have to beat good teams to advance in the playoffs or else you are a fr........

Extra Point
01-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Rinse. Drain. Repeat.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:26 PM
i don't know what the hell we are going to do at OT next year.

Richardson reminds me of trezelle jenkins some times ... Big,lazy and dumb

Albert just seems soft, if a DL bitch slaps his ass he does get mad and fight he just goes numb.

we need more attitude on the Oline, more nastiness.
B-Rich is the weakest link.

Another failed example of a player people have said is the shit.

milkman
01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
In objective terms it made no difference. We'd still have been the fourth seed and played Baltimore at home.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but if the Chiefs had won today, they'd be the #3 seed.

gblowfish
01-02-2011, 08:27 PM

I've seen conflicting estimations on that, but OK, if you say so. It might have been fun to play the Jets, just so we could all wiggle our bare feet at Coach Ryan....

milkman
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM

Agreed. It was reported on one pregame show that his relationship with Haley had very little to do with the decision. It was a quality of life issue.

These people need to check thier facts with Laz.

Coach
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I've seen conflicting estimations on that, but OK, if you say so. It might have been fun to play the Jets, just so we could all wiggle our bare feet at Coach Ryan....

No, he's right. If KC won today, they'd be at 3rd, regardless of what happened in Indy.

If KC lost (which they did), Indy would need to lose in order for KC to secure the 3 spot.

Simply put, KC shit the bed.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM

Holy shit, 79,000 people taking their shoes off and showing their feet would be awesome!

milkman
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM

The Chiefs would have 11 wins with a win today, the Colts only managed to reach 10 wins with their win.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I disagree on Belcher. He will be nowhere near the street. And if he is on the street we'll be appreciably worse.

His facemask on Campbell was a huge gaffe. But I don't want him being tossed on the garbage pile because of it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Good read, George.

Pablo
01-02-2011, 08:35 PM
The Chiefs may as well have drawn mean, scary faces on paper bags and stapled them to fenceposts in front of Matt Cassel for protection.

I'm confident make-shift scarecrows would have given up less QB pressures.

orange
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
4. The Ugly Things: There were lots of ugly Raider fans in the stands today. I have a theory about Raider fans. I'd guess there were maybe fifty fans who actually live in or near Oakland. The rest of them are just sleaze balls, convicts, loser misfits and tough guy wanna be's. There's a lot of greasy scum who just identify with the Raiders, because frankly, they worship evil. Just about every Raiders fan I've ever met -who has never even been to California- is a sociopathic waste of skin. Every dog has its day. Today was ugly dog day at Arrowhead. I hate their fans and every time I see them en masse, I realize there's no way in God's Green Earth I could EVER be a social worker (or in the case of these people THEIR social worker).

*Sniff* Beautiful, man. Just beautiful.

GloryDayz
01-02-2011, 08:40 PM
There were lots of ugly Raider fans in the stands today. I have a theory about Raider fans. I'd guess there were maybe fifty fans who actually live in or near Oakland. The rest of them are just sleaze balls, convicts, loser misfits and tough guy wanna be's. There's a lot of greasy scum who just identify with the Raiders, because frankly, they worship evil. Just about every Raiders fan I've ever met -who has never even been to California- is a sociopathic waste of skin.!

This!!!! :thumb:

Discuss Thrower
01-02-2011, 08:46 PM
To shamelessly repeat what I said earlier, Waters and the rest of the offensive line couldn't have looked any less interested in the game on the sidelines. Really, that's been the case all season. Asamoah was doing his best Herm impression staring at the scoreboard and Waters had a gleam in his eyes that hinted at he was longing for the days when he was surrounded by Shields and Roaf.

Even Bowe looked like he could care less about the team struggling; he didn't try and fire us up any.

Take from that what you will.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 08:48 PM

You are sadly mistaken sir... Charlie Weis is a professional and would not allow his UF situation distract him from his job in KC.

/CP know-it-alls

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
To shamelessly repeat what I said earlier, Waters and the rest of the offensive line couldn't have looked any less interested in the game on the sidelines. Really, that's been the case all season. Asamoah was doing his best Herm impression staring at the scoreboard and Waters had a gleam in his eyes that hinted at he was longing for the days when he was surrounded by Shields and Roaf.

Even Bowe looked like he could care less about the team struggling; he didn't try and fire us up any.

Disappointed to hear that about Bowe. Waters, however, can truly kiss my ass and be retired.

Bearcat
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
4. The Ugly Things: There were lots of ugly Raider fans in the stands today. I have a theory about Raider fans. I'd guess there were maybe fifty fans who actually live in or near Oakland. The rest of them are just sleaze balls, convicts, loser misfits and tough guy wanna be's. There's a lot of greasy scum who just identify with the Raiders, because frankly, they worship evil. Just about every Raiders fan I've ever met -who has never even been to California- is a sociopathic waste of skin. Every dog has its day. Today was ugly dog day at Arrowhead. I hate their fans and every time I see them en masse, I realize there's no way in God's Green Earth I could EVER be a social worker (or in the case of these people THEIR social worker). Also ugly was that Cassel, Bowe and Charles all got beat up pretty good today. The sacks on Cassel and hurried throws were the reason for his picks. Charles got dinged up a couple times. Bowe took a stinger to the shoulder in the fourth quarter. I don't think any of the three took anything that will keep them out next week, but they all got beat up.

I had a real life CP moment towards the end of the game... I was in 136, and this douchebag Raiders fan kept screaming and doing a Raider Nation chant, etc. A few Chiefs fans kept going on and on... at least we're in the playoffs, etc. I wanted to tell them "don't feed the troll", but I guess they wouldn't have gotten the reference. I've never witnessed annoying rival fans like I did today, and over a pretty meaningless game.

GloryDayz
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM

I must admit, at a very technical level, the sidelines were very hard to watch today... Other than Andy taking that piece of sh17 #127 official to task (twice), and Shaun Smith showing fire on the field, it was hard to watch them..

Discuss Thrower
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Disappointed to hear that about Bowe. Waters, however, can truly kiss my ass and be retired.

To clarify: he did try, it was just pretty half-hearted. He'd look at our section and wave his arm around.

And, of course, I forgot about my unspoken pledge to not heckle him anymore and I shouted "PRO BOWL!" after his second or third drop.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Is it possible we wanted the Ravens?

If the players were that complacent....

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM

But he is a Pro-Bowler.:p

gblowfish
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
The defensive front is strong for Oakland, and they didn't even have Richard Seymour. Free Agency/Draft need to address O-Line. We brought in Lilja this year, need to do more next year, especially to match up better with the Raiders defensive wall.

milkman
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I must admit, at a very technical level, the sidelines were very hard to watch today... Other than Andy taking that piece of sh17 #127 official to task (twice), and Shaun Smith showing fire on the field, it was hard to watch them..

These observations seem to serve as evidence that what I have been saying, that this team simply mailed it in because they had a playoff spot locked up, had more to do with this team's performance than any Weis distraction.

keg in kc
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
The defensive front is strong for Oakland, and they didn't even have Richard Seymour. Free Agency/Draft need to address O-Line. We brought in Lilja this year, need to do more next year, especially to match up better with the Raiders defensive wall.I'm still not sure I like either Lilja or Weigmann as long term solutions, and Waters can't have too many years left at this point.

gblowfish
01-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Yep. They should spend their first three or four picks on offensive line, and look for a better #2 QB in free agency. We've been lucky that Cassel only missed the one game this year. Brokie is a disaster waiting to happen.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm still not sure I like either Lilja or Weigmann as long term solutions, and Waters can't have too many years left at this point.

Lilja is fine not sure why you are concerned. Weigmann is long in the tooth and B-Rich sucks ballz.

milkman
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Lilja is fine not sure why you are concerned. Weigmann is long in the tooth and B-Rich sucks ballz.

Albert hasn't progressed, but I do agree that Lilja is fine.

But we can't spend three draft picks on the O-Line, when we have to fill so many other holes.

gblowfish
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I guess it all depends on what they can land in free agency.
Of course, with the CBA in limbo right now, we may not even have a next year.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Hopefully the Dolphins shit can Sparano and we can pick him up to be our OL coach. Muir sucks donkey nuts.

Coach
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I guess it all depends on what they can land in free agency.
Of course, with the CBA in limbo right now, we may not even have a next year.

I think there'll be football next year, since didn't the NFLPA decertificated?

milkman
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Hopefully the Dolphins shit can Sparano and we can pick him up to be our OL coach. Muir sucks donkey nuts.

I can dig this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 09:10 PM
To clarify: he did try, it was just pretty half-hearted. He'd look at our section and wave his arm around.

And, of course, I forgot about my unspoken pledge to not heckle him anymore and I shouted "PRO BOWL!" after his second or third drop.

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I can dig this.

We need somebody different at OL coach. Albert and Richardson have to much talent to just regress so bad.

gblowfish
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I wonder if Will Shields or Tim Grunhard would be interested in coaching our offensive line?

milkman
01-02-2011, 09:13 PM
We need somebody different at OL coach. Albert and Richardson have to much talent to just regress so bad.

I agree.

Those guys were playing well, but have steadily regressed in the second half of the season.

I still do think a good O-Line coach could get the best out of them, and Bill Muir is not that guy.

milkman
01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
I would also like to see these guys do something similar to what Bowe did last season and really work on thier craft with someone in the offseason that can help them raise the level of their play.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree.

Those guys were playing well, but have steadily regressed in the second half of the season.

I still do think a good O-Line coach could get the best out of them, and Bill Muir is not that guy.

Richardson has ADD. Albert is just a solid LT. No better IMO.

Albert can and should play better. BR is a back up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I agree.

I still do think a good O-Line coach could get the best out of them, and GERITOL BRIMLEY is not that guy.

:evil:

GloryDayz
01-02-2011, 09:28 PM
These observations seem to serve as evidence that what I have been saying, that this team simply mailed it in because they had a playoff spot locked up, had more to do with this team's performance than any Weis distraction.

It was that to some degree I suspect, then there was this asshole ( http://www.football-refs.com/active-refs/bill-leavy/ ) who doesn't have a clue what a hold is. God I wish Andy would have jacked his jaw for cause. He was, for sure, a Raider today! And had the right colors on too! I hope, like the Raiders, he won't see the playoffs either...

Sully
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I wonder if Will Shields or Tim Grunhard would be interested in coaching our offensive line?

Speaking of...
Why was Grunhard walking with a cane today?

Sent from my Rotary phone using Tapatalk

SAUTO
01-02-2011, 09:43 PM
What happened with the stude?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2011, 09:45 PM
What happened with the stude?
Posted via Mobile Device

Flat tire.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2011, 10:17 PM
The face mask on Belcher was especially hurtful. A word about Belcher: He better watch his ass next year or he may be on the street. Last week he whiffed on geriatric Kerry Collins on a blitz, Collins threw a TD bomb because Belcher "Ole'd" him. This week, Belcher pulled Jason Campbell down by the face mask for no good reason. The play was already disrupted. That was just a bone headed, drive prolonging, killer penalty. Inexcusable, and the kind of play that gets you beat. It was the kind of play a Raider would make.

That play was the turning point of the game IMO. Inexcusable.

Thanks for the writeup George. Congrats to Marty. Much deserved.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Richardson has ADD. Albert is just a solid LT. No better IMO.

Albert can and should play better. BR is a back up.

Can he? Hes been up and down for 3 seasons now. I think he is what he is. If he was truly better, hed be better right now.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Can he? Hes been up and down for 3 seasons now. I think he is what he is. If he was truly better, hed be better right now.

I would like to see him with a better OL coach before we just toss him aside.

GoChiefsTinyPenis
01-02-2011, 10:58 PM
The defensive front is strong for Oakland, and they didn't even have Richard Seymour. Free Agency/Draft need to address O-Line. We brought in Lilja this year, need to do more next year, especially to match up better with the Raiders defensive wall.

Good point about Seymour because he was tossing the Chiefs guards around like nobody's business when the Chiefs played in Oakland.

Bwana
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Good read!

FloridaMan88
01-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I would like to see him with a better OL coach before we just toss him aside.

Perhaps Tom Cable if the Raiders let him go?

Phobia
01-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Branden Albert blocked me on Facebook today. It was his best and only block of the day. I can't understand why: 2nd year un-drafted DT out of football powerhouse Harvard, Desmond Bryant has 2.5 sacks in his career. Two of them have come against Branden Albert - Glad I sold my Chiefs tickets for next week. This kind of uninspired performance isn't worth spending the gas money to drive to the stadium.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Branden Albert blocked me on Facebook today. It was his best and only block of the day.

You held him accountable! That'll show him!

TEAM KLOSTER: INTERNET POLICE!

Phobia
01-03-2011, 02:37 AM
You held him accountable! That'll show him!

TEAM KLOSTER: INTERNET POLICE!

You are going to be held accountable this week. The data is being gathered. You are a poor excuse for a man. I still can't believe the garbage you would say to a person whose life hangs in the balance. I don't know how you sleep at night, Clayton. Your parents did you a real disservice.

pr_capone
01-03-2011, 02:39 AM
You are going to be held accountable this week. The data is being gathered. You are a poor excuse for a man. I still can't believe the garbage you would say to a person whose life hangs in the balance. I don't know how you sleep at night, Clayton. Your parents did you a real disservice.

Are you actually gonna whoop his ass? I know you said you wanted to. I'm gonna be at the game... I'd love to see this going down. If what was said was true, and he is sending those messages... Wendler can suck on a bag of dicks.

BossChief
01-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Is it possible we wanted the Ravens?

If the players were that complacent....

What I saw was a team that was in "we are gonna try to win by playing as vanilla as possible so we dont tip any of our hand going into the playoffs" mode

I hope Im right.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2011, 02:53 AM

Idle threats. ROFL

pr_capone
01-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Idle threats. ROFL

Are you sending messages to a dude that had a lung replacement death wishes?

Phobia
01-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Are you actually gonna whoop his ass? I know you said you wanted to. I'm gonna be at the game... I'd love to see this going down. If what was said was true, and he is sending those messages... Wendler can suck on a bag of dicks.

It would be silly of me to announce my intention to assault somebody in advance. It would also be silly of me to create a parking lot spectacle for the enjoyment of others. This is not about entertaining a crowd. It's about paying for what has been said and done. I am not going to hunt Clayton down in the parking lot but if I happen to see him, I would imagine that he will answer for his treatment of CrazyHorse.

pr_capone
01-03-2011, 03:01 AM
It would be silly of me to announce my intention to assault somebody in advance. It would also be silly of me to create a parking lot spectacle for the enjoyment of others. This is not about entertaining a crowd. It's about paying for what has been said and done. I am not going to hunt Clayton down in the parking lot but if I happen to see him, I would imagine that he will answer for his treatment of CrazyHorse.

:thumb:

BossChief
01-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Hey GoChiefs, without knowing anything more than what is being insinuated in this thread....what the fuck is wrong with you, as a person?

pr_capone
01-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Hey GoChiefs, without knowing anything more than what is being insinuated in this thread....what the **** is wrong with you, as a person?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7299244&postcount=135

I can tell you this without a doubt does not warrant a ban of any kind.

Gochiefs told me (a terminal lung transplant patient) when I told him he didn't know shit about football, he wished I would just hurry up and die already. Half the board was outraged, the other half sluffed it off like it was no big deal.

Then Gochiefs apologized publicly to me when he saw the negative response he was getting. Only to send me more death wishes in personal messages. He says he is respecting the forum by not wishing me dead in the forum and keeping it in the personal messages. He still to this day sends me "death wishes".

In the end, banning was not a required result then so it shouldn't be now. IMO what GC did was worse. He seeks me out in PMs to let me know he wishes I would die and get it over with.

The way I look at it, is the guy has to live with himself being that kind if man and that is punishment enough for me. Nothing he says will improve or degrade my life as I live it. Him wishing me dead just lets me know I am under his skin and that is its own reward.

Thats my .02

Frosty
01-03-2011, 08:17 AM
What I saw was a team that was in "we are gonna try to win by playing as vanilla as possible so we dont tip any of our hand going into the playoffs" mode

I hope Im right.

I think you are. It definitely looked to me that they were almost at preseason level of vanilla on both defense and offense. Combine that with a "I don't want to be here" level of intensity and you have the disaster we saw yesterday.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2011, 08:32 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7299244&postcount=135

Wow, sometimes I sleep through the messed up stuff. That's just horrible. I can't imagine why the mods allow such double standards in banning people.

Chief Henry
01-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Branden Albert blocked me on Facebook today. It was his best and only block of the day. I can't understand why: 2nd year un-drafted DT out of football powerhouse Harvard, Desmond Bryant has 2.5 sacks in his career. Two of them have come against Branden Albert - Glad I sold my Chiefs tickets for next week. This kind of uninspired performance isn't worth spending the gas money to drive to the stadium.

Spot on. I gave serious considerations of making the road trip south for the playoff game. Was going to take my nephew in High School. I had him come over to watch the game with me and after the game yesterday I was going to ask ask his mom if I could take him. But, after that POS display I decided not to drop the $$$ and the time. All the other contenders - at least by the scores of the games must have looked sharp. Maybe they did mail it in, maybe not, but I'm not going to get excitied after that display. The team looked like a f'n fraud and are lucky to have played the NFC West this season. Good teams don't get pushed around like that that and then puked on infront of their HOME FANS like that. The Raiders came to town and flat out abused the chiefs and our O line acted like they could give a rats azz about protecting Cassel. THE POS D lineman who abused Cassel in the 1st half should have been a marked man by our O line and it appeared the O line didn't even attempt to get even.

AM I happy the Chiefs are in the playoffs? Right now....I feel mehhhh after that performance on SUnday. Right now I'm pondering about our head coach and his ability to control his ego. Bill Cowher is looking dam good right now to me.

cardken
01-03-2011, 09:09 AM
The Charlie Weis thing: This AM Petro was saying this is a family thing. Charlie wants to go to Florida and start teaching his son how to be a coach. OK, I can understand that. I think there's probably more to it. I think there might be some friction between Charlie and Coach Haley, but they'd never say that in public. The Chiefs PR Gestapo is pretty good at covering up anything that would smack of discontent. But why couldn't Charlie had sat on that until AFTER the playoffs? Why does it have to come out now? Timing seems a bit weird. I hope it was not a distraction, but after having less than 60 yards of total offense in the first half, you have to wonder if Charlie's head was in the game today.

I think despite any clubs PR machine is these days, there is too much media out of their control to keep things under-wraps for too long. And I guess they figure it's better to get it out there than to have someone scoop the story and make the whole thing awkward for everyone. IMO

cardken
01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
I think Haley is a bit of an egotist but who aren't in his position. I think the tell tell sign was how he fire Gailey, despite how bad he may or may not have been, firing him so close to the start of a season, in retrospect looks ego driven.
I would think if I had a man sitting across the table from me sporting three Super Bowl rings, I might be inclined to listen to him. But Pride and Ego are tough animals to tame and keep in check for a lot of people, I guess Haley included.

cardken
01-03-2011, 09:17 AM
I think you are. It definitely looked to me that they were almost at preseason level of vanilla on both defense and offense. Combine that with a "I don't want to be here" level of intensity and you have the disaster we saw yesterday.

If this is the case the coaching staff should be taken out back and beaten. You play to win, always. Not half speed not walk through, but to win. Look at the rest of the Playoff teams already seeded, they didn't dog it out there, they made statements games going into the Playoffs.
Don't make excuses for the Ass clowning that went on yesterday, no excuses.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Spot on. I gave serious considerations of making the road trip south for the playoff game. Was going to take my nephew in High School. I had him come over to watch the game with me and after the game yesterday I was going to ask ask his mom if I could take him. But, after that POS display I decided not to drop the $$$ and the time. All the other contenders - at least by the scores of the games must have looked sharp. Maybe they did mail it in, maybe not, but I'm not going to get excitied after that display. The team looked like a f'n fraud and are lucky to have played the NFC West this season. Good teams don't get pushed around like that that and then puked on infront of their HOME FANS like that. The Raiders came to town and flat out abused the chiefs and our O line acted like they could give a rats azz about protecting Cassel. THE POS D lineman who abused Cassel in the 1st half should have been a marked man by our O line and it appeared the O line didn't even attempt to get even.

AM I happy the Chiefs are in the playoffs? Right now....I feel mehhhh after that performance on SUnday. Right now I'm pondering about our head coach and his ability to control his ego. Bill Cowher is looking dam good right now to me.

Lets keep things in perspective. The Chiefs just made the playoffs in what was basically a rebuilding year. Think about that for a minute. The Chiefs have a ton of holes, no depth and still made the playoffs. I will state that This team is isnt as bad as its critics think nor as good as its "homers" believe. The main thing to take away from this year is that we appear to be ascending and not an already complete project like alot of Chiefs playoff teams in the past.

MOhillbilly
01-03-2011, 09:33 AM
If weis truely wanted to get his son into coaching why not go to the FO and have them create a QC spot on the coaching staff?
Its not like it hasnt been done before.

Ticket sale will come down after the beating. Still i think this club has a punchers chance against the ravens.
Knock them legs out early and hang the fuck on.
early line?

tooge
01-03-2011, 09:34 AM
agreed on all counts. Well done. I must add to the raider fan take. Why is it, that every raider fan I see is either dirty, fat, bald, goutee wearing, smoking, or drunk. Actually, why are they all pretty much all of these things? I mean, as much as I hate Denver and San Diego, at least the fans of those teams look like normal human beings. Why is the typical raider fan a fat guy that is drunk, that couln't fight his way out of a paper bag, acting like a badass?

Chiefnj2
01-03-2011, 09:36 AM
If weis truely wanted to get his son into coaching why not go to the FO and have them create a QC spot on the coaching staff?
Its not like it hasnt been done before.

Ticket sale will come down after the beating. Still i think this club has a punchers chance against the ravens.
Knock them legs out early and hang the **** on.
early line?

Balt -2 to -3

gblowfish
01-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Getting to the playoffs is a big step in the growth process for our team. You know, every year we win a game that nobody thinks we have a chance to win. You could argue that this year it was the home opener vs. San Diego, but we usually play the Chargers pretty tough at Arrowhead. I'm not sure we've had the big surprise win yet. Maybe it will come this week. Baltimore hasn't played at Arrowhead very often, so we have that advantage if the fans really bring it. I hope the fans see this as what it is, a fabulous opportunity. The playoffs are all about who gets hot at the right time. So let's heat it up!

stevieray
01-03-2011, 10:12 AM
heads up..if you don't want to lose your voice, cause you're yelling like a madman..sucrets.

MOhillbilly
01-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Getting to the playoffs is a big step in the growth process for our team. You know, every year we win a game that nobody thinks we have a chance to win. You could argue that this year it was the home opener vs. San Diego, but we usually play the Chargers pretty tough at Arrowhead. I'm not sure we've had the big surprise win yet. Maybe it will come this week. Baltimore hasn't played at Arrowhead very often, so we have that advantage if the fans really bring it. I hope the fans see this as what it is, a fabulous opportunity. The playoffs are all about who gets hot at the right time. So let's heat it up!

It will be interesting to see how the crowd is and reacts come sunday.

pr_capone
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
heads up..if you don't want to lose your voice, cause you're yelling like a madman..sucrets.

Dude... I have ZERO voice today. I've been sucking on mints and cough drops since last night and my throat is still killing me.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM
It will be interesting to see how the crowd is and reacts come sunday.

I'm concerned about the crowd as well, seeing as how the market was flooded with tickets last night after we got our asses whipped.

Lots of people selling, no one buying. I'm seeing auctions on Ebay go for less than face value.

Hate to see empty seats, but it's a possibility.

The Rick
01-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm holding out hope that this game can be turned in to a positive next week:

1) The players are embarrassed and will be looking to redeem themselves.

2) Weis realizes the offensive showing against Oakland reflects poorly on him given the circumstances, and will be out to prove to everyone he's not a quitter.

At least, that's what I hope happens...

MahiMike
01-03-2011, 02:21 PM
I've noticed in the 3 games against dirty teams (Raiders, Titans) our guys play closer to their level of dirtiness. They can't help but get ticked off and retaliate (like Belcher). I chalk that up to them being so young.

I think this was one of those games like the Chargers game where there was no motivation to play hard. Combine that with this crazy Charlie Saban fiasco and they weren't winning this game. Think how hard it is for a player to have a good game after losing a Grandma they're very close to. Losing a coach like that is like 53 guys lost their Grandma.

Speaking of Charlie Saban - why now? There MUST be something more to this story than him wanting to coach with his middle school son. He HAD to know it would be a distraction. HAD to. On top of pulling a 1 and done Benedict Saban, he had to announce it right before our 1st playoff game in years! I'll forever hate Charlie Weis and will now cheer against the Gaytors.

stevieray
01-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Dude... I have ZERO voice today. I've been sucking on mints and cough drops since last night and my throat is still killing me.
use em before and during the game....

TEX
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Albert and Richardson were ass raped all day...They both looked like the do not belong in the NFL.

Phobia
01-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Albert and Richardson were ass raped all day...They both looked like the do not belong in the NFL.

They both looked like interior linemen.

HemiEd
01-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Cassel just didn't play well after John Henderson slammed him into the ground, and got the roughing the passer penalty.
Prior to that IMO, Cassel seemed to be in control, but after that he got the happy feet.

HIChief
01-03-2011, 11:27 PM

What? Say it isn't so! They mailed it in only to let Casserole and Charleston get creamed!?:eek: