PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What are the holes that need to be filled via draft and free agency?

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM
As I see it.

Offense:

QB - 2nd String
WR - 2nd String - Tall and Fast. We need someone who can stretch the field and take the pressure off of Bowe.
LG - Starter / 2nd String - Asamouagh may be ready... but we need all the o-line help we can get.
C - Starter - This has been a position of need that has been flat neglected for years. This should be a HUGE priority.
RT - Starter - I never thought I would miss Jordan Black.

Now, I have a fantasy that I would like to share with you. Nothing would please me more than to see TJ stay with the team but change position to FB. The guy is big and strong, he can pass block (Lord knows if he can run block though), catch the ball out of the backfield, and can on occasion run w/the ball.

Sound like any two guys who excelled for this team at FB recently?

---------

Defense:

LDE - Starter
DT - Starter
OLB - Starter & 2nd String - Vrabel is done. Either give Andy a shot at OLB or draft a starting bookend for Hali. Or both... **** it. We need bodies here.
S - Starter / 2nd String - McGraw gives everything he has each week... but he is only slightly more talented than Boomer Grigsby which has allowed him to stay on the team. Lewis looks promising but we can never have too much talent helping over the top.

---------

If repost...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2884/bumflipoff.jpg

Pablo
01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
What are the threads that don't need to be created until after our playoff game(s)?

Bugeater
01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
The holes that don't have to be filled would be a much shorter list.

RedThat
01-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I think they need another WR.

wouldn't mind seeing them draft another guard, or possibly a center to replace Wiegman. Even an offensive tackle would be good. Richardson play is concerning me. He seems to be regressing as the season goes on.

Also NT. And revamp the linebackers a bit. Vrabel and Belcher are hurting us now.

LaChapelle
01-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Did pics of Palko's significant other

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2011, 09:32 PM
NT
OLB
WR
C
QB
RB

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 09:32 PM
What are the threads that don't need to be created until after our playoff game(s)?

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2294/drewyouapicture.jpg

Pablo
01-02-2011, 09:33 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2294/drewyouapicture.jpgLMAO

Can I put it on my fridge?

morphius
ILB - Belcher is terrible, my BiL who coaches D in HS has pointed this out to me and it watching him it is pretty obvious how often he puts himself out of the play and leaves a big gap for us to be run up the middle on.

CupidStunt
Backup QB
WR2
RB2
OC
RT
NT
OLB
ILB
CB

LaChapelle
01-02-2011, 09:34 PM
SKIP

SAUTO
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
cb are you serious?
Posted via Mobile Device

HonestChieffan
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Based on today....O line and D line. Fix that and we are ok.

milkman
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
When you look at the list of needs, you begin to realize that Haley and staff were miracle workers.

nascher
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
OL DL is the way to go.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
When you look at the list of needs, you begin to realize that Haley and staff were miracle workers.

No kidding. If they can go 10-6 with the current team... imagine what can happen next season with even more talent across the board.

Extra Point
01-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Draftabulashun shenshashun!

pr, I agree with your picks. It all depends on the skill ranking in the draft and who we can get at the trade/waiver opportunities.

Marcellus
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Is this a Rex Ryan's wife thread?

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 09:48 PM

I don't know about that.

We all knew this team needed a WR, NT, OLB.

I think the needs are far fewer than I would have thought during year 3 of this tenure.

milkman
01-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't know about that.

We all knew this team needed a WR, NT, OLB.

I think the needs are far fewer than I would have thought during year 3 of this tenure.

Even if those were the only needs, those are pretty big holes.

But I think there are more needs than just those three positions, and depth is a huge need, as well.

beach tribe
01-02-2011, 09:55 PM
In order of most needed, but not necessarily in the order of priority when it comes to acquiring them.

NT. Ron Edwards was 5 yards off the ball all day.

Pass Rusher. Another top flight guy could make Tamba............damn. Can you imagine?

WR. Need a talented guy here. I would like to see a Vet, and a rook brought in. WRs usually need a cpl years to develop.

C.Need a top notch replacement.

OT. Don't really know how much of a barometer today's game was. Albert had a flat out horrible day. He's better than what he showed today, and there's film to prove it. I really think some of it was due to the protection schemes, but won't act as if he didn't get his ass whipped. Richardson will provide very good depth. We need a stud RT to bookend.

Powerback. Don't know if Battle is the guy here. TJ is done IMO. I said he would be done by now earlier in the season, and got ripped for it.(REALLY wanted L. Blount in this past draft).

Safety depth. The team looks horrible in pass coverage when one of our safeties can't go.

OG depth. Not really a huge need, but could always use another talented guy. Mike Goff is proof that you cannot just plug guys in between the tackles.

I think we are good at DE. Gilberry is coming along, and T. Jackson will either make or break next season. I've said all along, I think he's going to be more than serviceable by halfway through next season. We'll see though I guess.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Even if those were the only needs, those are pretty big holes.

But I think there are more needs than just those three positions, and depth is a huge need, as well.

No, I agree with you.

We need a C and RT, but those are probably the 2 easiest positions to fill rounds 4-6 in the draft.

beach tribe
01-02-2011, 10:00 PM
ILB - Belcher is terrible, my BiL who coaches D in HS has pointed this out to me and it watching him it is pretty obvious how often he puts himself out of the play and leaves a big gap for us to be run up the middle on.

Forgot about ILB. Belcher's problems can be fixed, but who knows if they will. He's got the physical, but he's missing on the mental. Took DJ a Looong time to grasp the mental. Maybe Belcher should just be a depth guy. I really though Demorrio W. played better than him when he was in there, but it was usually only in passing sit. where he is a Lot better than Belcher. If we landed a 3 down guy here, we would have pretty good depth at ILB IMO.

Hootie
NT, WR2, RT, C, TE2

Hootie
and a pass rusher

googlegoogle
'WR - 2nd String - Tall and Fast. We need someone who can stretch the field and take the pressure off of Bowe.'

Was bowe doubled or even pressured. The faiders have good corners.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Forgot about ILB. Belcher's problems can be fixed, but who knows if they will. He's got the physical, but he's missing on the mental.

Disagree on this.

The guy's change of direction is incredibly slooooooooow. He is not quick, at all, and for a guy who is only 230 pounds that's not good.

He has had an OK year on heart and guts alone.

I think this is a secondary need though. We can get away with starting Belcher for another year.

mnchiefsguy
01-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Honestly, I would put a pass rusher near the top of our needs. As great as Hali has been, our defense needs to put more pressure on the qb. D-line and O-line help, then go to WR. I think if we improve in the trenches, we have enough skill players to be successful next year. We lack depth and a certain toughness in the trenches.

milkman
01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
'WR - 2nd String - Tall and Fast. We need someone who can stretch the field and take the pressure off of Bowe.'

The problem is that if you can take Bowe out of the game, then the Chiefs have nothing else at WR that Cassel can target reliably.

Chiefs Rool
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
none, the holes will fill us.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM

They do... but we don't play the Raiders 16 times per year.

Unless there is a legit deep threat, it will be easy for most teams to sit on Bowe and either Cassel finds another receiver or forces the ball to Bowe.

I want a DeSean Jackson on this team.

RedThat
01-02-2011, 10:06 PM
They do... but we don't play the Raiders 16 times per year.

Unless there is a legit deep threat, it will be easy for most teams to sit on Bowe and either Cassel finds another receiver or forces the ball to Bowe.

I want a DeSean Jackson on this team.

Heck with Desean, gimme Fitzgerald.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 10:08 PM

I'd be thrilled with Fitz... not a barn burner by any means tho.

I'm not saying I want KC to trade for DJ... just for them to clone him and rapidly advance his aging so that he can be ready for the team next season.

beach tribe
01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Disagree on this.

The guy's change of direction is incredibly slooooooooow. He is not quick, at all, and for a guy who is only 230 pounds that's not good.

He has had an OK year on heart and guts alone.

I think this is a secondary need though. We can get away with starting Belcher for another year.

Maybe I'm wrong, or we're both a little right, which doesn't bode well.
Seems to me though, he's not being patient, over-running plays, and taking himself out of them.

beach tribe
01-02-2011, 10:15 PM

As soon as it is possible, Fitz will be in KC. Bank on it.

RedThat
01-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I'd be thrilled with Fitz... not a barn burner by any means tho.

I'm not saying I want KC to trade for DJ... just for them to clone him and rapidly advance his aging so that he can be ready for the team next season.

No I know. different style of receivers. One is a barn burner the other is not. I think for KC, Fitz would be more suitable. He's big, physical, and can leap for the long balls. Cassel can sometimes throw to receivers as if they're7' feet tall.

Rain Man
01-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Our top three holes are WR, OLB, and NT, and Rex Ryan wants to see us fill all three of them.