PDA

View Full Version : Football Teams with a better record than the Seahawks that aren't in the playoffs

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Let the fun begin:

Tampa Bay and NYG: 10-6

San Diego: 9-7

Jacksonville and Oakland:8-8

Time to watch Seattle get their asses kicked next week.

WebGem
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Poor Rams.

Ceej
01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Teams that only put up 6 points against the Seahawks with playoffs riding on the line...

Rams.

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Bitter, party of one: Your table is ready.

Buck
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
So are the Chargers the only 9-7 team?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
What if the league did this:

Force the division winner to play a one-game playoff with the runner up that finished with the best record.

Buck
01-02-2011, 11:10 PM

Lol just noticed who the OP was.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej
Teams who lost to the Seahawks led by Charlie Whitehurst with playoffs on the line...

Rams.

Rams Fan
Poor Rams.

Meh, I'm over it for now. Just means next year is the year the Rams kick some ass. But the schedule won't be easy. The Rams face the NFC East next year, plus New Orleans and Green Bay, and I think the AFC North. Let the fun begin...

Gadzooks
01-02-2011, 11:12 PM

Force the division winner to play a one-game playoff with the runner up that finished with the best record.

The league would like an expanded idea of this due to added revenue but it would extend the season to St. Patrick's day.

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Teams whose Head Coach makes Herm Edwards look like Don Coryell?

Rams.

Gadzooks
01-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Teams who lost to the Seahawks led by Charlie Whitehurst with playoffs on the line...

Rams.

I guess the Whitehurst trade paid off for them. Poor Rams.

HMc
01-02-2011, 11:14 PM

yeah you could call it the wild card game or something

58kcfan89
01-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Saw a tweet or something earlier that said if Seattle had lost, they would have had the 8th overall pick in the draft. Unbelievable. I know it's not gunna happen, but it'd be nuts it they found a way to beat the Saints.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2011, 11:16 PM
yeah you could call it the wild card game or something

ROFL

Well, no, not exactly, because the other team would be one of the teams that missed the playoffs.

KurtCobain
01-02-2011, 11:17 PM
It's too fucking funny the rams blew it.

I thought better of Bradford.

Basileus777
01-02-2011, 11:17 PM
The Bucs lost to the Lions at home with their season on the line, the Giants gave up 28 points in 7 minutes. They don't get to blame anyone else.

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:18 PM
It's too ****ing funny the rams blew it.

I thought better of Bradford.

The whole offense was shit today, not only Bradford.

Ceej
Teams whose quarterbacks have a great, parted dude fro and look 14 years old that are not in the playoffs?

Rams.

|Zach|
Can we make a thread for the Rams and Raiders fans to do whatever the fuck they have to do to make themselves feel better.

Wyndex
01-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Why do people insist the Rams blew it? Seattle is a tough place to play, if I was a betting man I would have put it all on Seattle with a rookie qb coming to town

Ceej
01-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Why do people insist the Rams blew it? Seattle is a tough place to play, if I was a betting man I would have put it all on Seattle with a rookie qb coming to town

Led by the salty, raw Charlie Whitehurst and virtually no running game?

You've got grande juevos to say you'd put it all on Seattle.

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2011, 11:21 PM

Because they did blow it.

The dropped numerous passes in huge situations, Bradford threw a boneheaded INT, and Spags failed to challenge 3 different plays that all would have gone in his favor and potentially could have changed the game.

Basileus777
01-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Led by the salty, raw Charlie Whitehurst and virtually no running game?

You've got grande juevos to say you'd put it all on Seattle.

Two shitty teams played, and the home team won. Nothing shocking happened tonight.

WebGem
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM

Well the only game in that stadium that most people here saw this year was when Captain Cassel owned the joint. Probably doesn't seem like a tough stadium if that's all you saw.

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Because they did blow it.

The dropped numerous passes in huge situations, Bradford threw a boneheaded INT, and Spags failed to challenge 3 different plays that all would have gone in his favor and potentially could have changed the game.

I can only think of 2. The Robinson catch and the Robinson run(though the refs screwed that one up). What was the other one?

CaliforniaChief
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I can only think of 2. The Robinson catch and the Robinson run(though the refs screwed that one up). What was the other one?

the spot on 3rd down.

Gadzooks
01-02-2011, 11:25 PM

Those 2 were a surprise not to make it. It seems the NFC is more competitive than usual.

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:25 PM
the spot on 3rd down.

That's what the Robinson run was(Michael Robinson for Seattle). What was the other one, though?

Ceej
01-02-2011, 11:26 PM

I think establishing SJax early and often may have been one too. Just an opinion though.

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
That's what the Robinson run was(Michael Robinson for Seattle). What was the other one, though?

I'm starting to think you're right. I thought I remembered Al Michaels mentioning 3 plays that Spags should have reviewed.

Either way, his coaching was abysmal.

Seattle played to win, STL played not to lose.

CaliforniaChief
01-02-2011, 11:27 PM

The decision to expose the entire country to that abortion of a game?

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm starting to think you're right. I thought I remembered Al Michaels mentioning 3 plays that Spags should have reviewed.

Either way, his coaching was abysmal.

Seattle played to win, STL played not to lose.

I'm not saying Spags is a perfect coach(he's far from it), but I like how he took the Rams from 1-15 to 7-9. A 6 win improvement. One thing right now I don't like about Spags is having the offense going into conservative mode. That's how they lost in SF, in Tampa, and in Oakland.

Shogun
01-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Montreal Alouettes

12-6

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm not saying Spags is a perfect coach(he's far from it), but I like how he took the Rams from 1-15 to 7-9. A 6 win improvement. One thing right now I don't like about Spags is having the offense going into conservative mode. That's how they lost in SF, in Tampa, and in Oakland.

The improvement is great.

But I think he's sold his team short by costing them some wins.

You're on the right track.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2011, 11:39 PM

He was coaching a rookie QB, and he made that QB look like a potential player by keeping him from developing Matt Sanchez syndrome and tossing picks all over the damned place. Playing it conservative was the smart choice.

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:41 PM
He was coaching a rookie QB, and he made that QB look like a potential player by keeping him from developing Matt Sanchez syndrome and tossing picks all over the damned place. Playing it conservative was the smart choice.

I think it was the right choice, but that cost the Rams 3 wins.

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2011, 11:43 PM
He was coaching a rookie QB, and made that QB look like a potential player by keeping him from developing Matt Sanchez syndrome and tossing picks all over the damned place. Playing it conservative was the smart choice.

You must not have watched many STL games.

Bradford averaged 37 attempts per game.

I'm betting that's a rookie record, if not damn close. 5th in the league in attempts.

Spags was far from Herm Edwards in the regular season, he just has a tendency to get conservative at the worst times - and it has cost them 3-4 games this year.

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:45 PM
You must not have watched many STL games.

Bradford averaged 37 attempts per game.

I'm betting that's a rookie record, if not damn close. 5th in the league in attempts.

Spags was far from Herm Edwards in the regular season, he just has a tendency to get conservative at the worst times - and it has cost them 3-4 games this year.

Pretty much this. If the Rams had won one of those 3 or 4 games, they're in the playoffs. Not too mention them having a DL fumble at the 2 yard line in Week 1.

Joe Seahawk
01-02-2011, 11:49 PM
F. O Rams!!

HA! We rule the NFC West! bitches.

Fun game..

New Orleans goes down next!

I'm too buzzed to get into to too much smak so .. whatever..

My team sucks slightly less than yours!

KChiefs1
Meh, I'm over it for now. Just means next year is the year the Rams kick some ass. But the schedule won't be easy. The Rams face the NFC East next year, plus New Orleans and Green Bay, and I think the AFC North. Let the fun begin...

Holy Schnikeys!

Will the Rams win any games next year?
Oh I guess they still get the rest of the NFC West so that's good for you.

OnTheWarpath15
F. O Rams!!

Fun game..

Congrats, Joe.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2011, 11:50 PM
F. O Rams!!

Fun game..

The Seahawks are frauds.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 11:50 PM

Meh, but in a situation like this I hate that the Hags are gonna get a 4th seed just because they won the division. Division winners should get an automatic playoff bid but seeds should be based on overall record.

I say this in full realization that KC would then have the 6th seed overall and would not host a playoff game. Fair is fair though, why should the Ravens have to travel to our house when they won 2 more games than the Chiefs did?

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Meh, but in a situation like this I hate that the Hags are gonna get a 4th seed just because they won the division. Division winners should get an automatic playoff bid but seeds should be based on overall record.

I say this in full realization that KC would then have the 6th seed overall and would not host a playoff game. Fair is fair though, why should the Ravens have to travel to our house when they won 2 more games than the Chiefs did?

I am quoting this post to show my agreement with its content.

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:51 PM
F. O Rams!!

Fun game..

Congrats, Joe. And the Rams will resume kicking the Seahawks ass next year.

Rams Fan
01-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Holy Schnikeys!

Will the Rams win any games next year?
Oh I guess they still get the rest of the NFC West so that's good for you.

Well, they play the NFC East and AFC North next year plus the Packers and Saints. No way in hell Seattle can beat Atlanta and Chicago.

Joe Seahawk
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM
The Seahawks are frauds.

So are you.. GFY.. :)

Gadzooks
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM
I am quoting this post to show my agreement with its content.

You guys should enjoy your lot in life and zip it.

pr_capone
01-02-2011, 11:57 PM
You guys should enjoy your lot in life and zip it.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/356/explainthisbs.jpg

tk13
01-02-2011, 11:58 PM
I know we have this discussion every year, but I still like it the way it is now. Rewards teams for beating their division rivals... if you want a home game, win your division and defeat your rivals.

Plus, this thing works both ways. There have been years, and probably will be years in the future... where wild card teams have played a soft schedule and had a better record than a division winner with a brutal schedule. No way should they be rewarded for that.

Joe Seahawk
01-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Congrats, Joe. And the Rams will resume kicking the Seahawks ass next year.

Probably, the Rams have a nice young QB and and a solid defense.. Hopefully we can come up with a plan to compete, Jake Locker would be sweet!

doomy3
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
I know we have this discussion every year, but I still like it the way it is now. Rewards teams for beating their division rivals... if you want a home game, win your division and defeat your rivals.

Plus, this thing works both ways. There have been years, and probably will be years in the future... where wild card teams have played a soft schedule and had a better record than a division winner with a brutal schedule. No way should they be rewarded for that.

Well, this works in most divisions.
:evil:

pr_capone

Conversely, there are years like this one where KC played a relatively weak schedule and a team like the Ravens compiled a better record while playing a much more difficult schedule.

Rams Fan
Probably, the Rams have a nice young QB and and a solid defense.. Hopefully we can come up with a plan to compete, Jake Locker would be sweet!

I have to admit, I didn't think Whitehurst could do it. But the Rams make backups look like Peyton Manning(see Troy Smith).

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Sucks, so come over to the good side Rams Fan

I feel the conflict within you

Search your Feelings

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zH_gIHeMH0E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zH_gIHeMH0E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Joe Seahawk
01-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I have to admit, I didn't think Whitehurst could do it. But the Rams make backups look like Peyton Manning(see Troy Smith).

I honestly did not think it was possible either.. My buddy and I figured if clipboard Jesus started we would head up to the lounge and start a tab.. Lo and behold, we scored a TD on our first drive and the rout was on!

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I honestly did not think it was possible either.. My buddy and I figured if clipboard Jesus started we would head up to the lounge and start a tab.. Lo and behold, we scored a TD on our first drive and the rout was on!

Don't think that the Rams won't win the division next year, though. It should be very interesting. On the upside with the Seahawks winning, they pick 21st, so I couldn't be happier.:thumb:

doomy3
01-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Don't think that the Rams won't win the division next year, though. It should be very interesting. On the upside with the Seahawks winning, they pick 21st, so I couldn't be happier.:thumb:

Really? You couldn't be happier?

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Really? You couldn't be happier?

Well, I could be happier, but I'd rather look forward to the draft and think that Seattle just fell 13 spots from 8 to 21.

Shogun
01-03-2011, 12:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fjKf9.gif

Phobia
01-03-2011, 01:01 AM

The winner of the NFC West might be 6-10 next year.

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 01:03 AM
The winner of the NFC West might be 6-10 next year.

The NFC West plays the AFC North and NFC East next year. I doubt that happens. A game I'm going to like watching is Spags returning to the Meadowlands to face the Giants. Playing in Pittsburgh will not be fun, though.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Playing in Pittsburgh will not be fun, though.

Its even more fun when the sex toy convention is at your team's hotel the night before the game.

Redcoats58
01-03-2011, 01:43 AM
The Seahawks are frauds.

You lost your burst

Slainte
01-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Let the fun begin:

Time to watch Seattle get their asses kicked next week.

Answer: Five teams who didn't get it done when the playoffs were riding on the line.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Teams whose Head Coach makes Herm Edwards look like Don Coryell?

Rams.

This isn't a new development. They've been dumping the ball off all year. I meant to talk about this further in the all-rookie thread, but Bradford was 30th in the league in YPA while completing 60% of his passes. That's almost impossible to do. He averaged under 6 YPA. Derek Anderson was 29th, and he completed 8.3% fewer passes and threw for .37 more YPA

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2011, 04:40 AM

You do realize that the Chiefs were rewarded for this exact thing this year, right?

We were 2-4 in division. Oakland was 6-0 and SD was 3-3. While the Chargers were playing the Patriots, we were playing the Bills.

Norman Einstein
01-03-2011, 05:41 AM
The Seahawks are frauds.

Now I get it: CW found a new word in the past 8 weeks and feels like he must use it at every turn.

I would bet he learned the word when someone told him that his writing was fraudulent.

Chiefs are 10-6, in the playoffs and they are frauds.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Norman Einstein
01-03-2011, 05:45 AM
You do realize that the Chiefs were rewarded for this exact thing this year, right?

We were 2-4 in division. Oakland was 6-0 and SD was 3-3. While the Chargers were playing the Patriots, we were playing the Bills.

I don't know if the Chiefs were rewarded or not, the things we have to consider is the possibility of the AFCW being one of the strongest/weakest divisions in football.

I hate losing to the likes of the raiders, but I also understand that if the Chiefs decide to stand up to the task they aren't necessarily done after next weekend.

I read somewhere that Haley planned the offensive scheme to baffle our next opponent. They will most likely build their defense to do the same thing the raiders did.

I think the Chiefs let down personally, thinking that they could beat the Raiders at home and coast into the #3 slot.

01-03-2011, 06:00 AM

:LOL:

01-03-2011, 06:04 AM

You can be conservative without being predictable. big difference ya know.

JD10367
01-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Just do it like the NHL and NBA decided to do, and make it four division of 8 teams each. Top team in each division gets a bye, then the four best records get wildcards.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Teams with a better record than the Rams that aren't in the playoffs:

Just Passin' By
01-03-2011, 01:58 PM
You can be conservative without being predictable. big difference ya know.

The assertion made was that he was too conservative, not that he was too predictable.

Extra Point
01-03-2011, 02:18 PM
The Seahawks-Rams game is tantamount to #64 and #65 playing to get into March Madness, with a little more rest.

Call the Chiefs frauds all you want; this Chiefs team has a real opportunity to make a go of the playoffs. We didn't back into the playoffs, as we did a few years ago.

Hopefully, our horses will win the race this Sunday. Totally different, and better, team

Lzen
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Teams whose quarterbacks have a great, parted dude fro and look 14 years old that are not in the playoffs?

Rams.

:LOL:

Lzen
01-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Yep. Ever since they went to 4 divisions per conference this has been my argument.

MahiMike
01-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I have zero problem with a team making the playoffs with a 4-12 record. They're still division winners and that should mean something. If we lived in Seattle, we'd be tickled pink salmon right now.

JD10367
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
If we lived in Seattle, we'd be tickled pink salmon right now.

I like salmon, But I can think of other pink things worth tickling.

01-03-2011, 05:02 PM
The assertion made was that he was too conservative, not that he was too predictable.

But they were predictable.

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 05:06 PM
But they were predictable.

That's the problem I have right now with playcalling. It's not Shurmur's fault, it's Spags. He lets Shurmur do what he wants in the 1st half, than goes into a shell in the 2nd. Having WRs that can actually catch the ball would actually help, you know.

01-03-2011, 05:13 PM
That's the problem I have right now with playcalling. It's not Shurmur's fault, it's Spags. He lets Shurmur do what he wants in the 1st half, than goes into a shell in the 2nd. Having WRs that can actually catch the ball would actually help, you know.

The Seahawks were jumping those lil short routes and daring him to throw it intermediate. it's ok to be conservative, but it's not ok to be predictable. and you can be conservative without being predictable.

Rams Fan
01-03-2011, 05:19 PM
The Seahawks were jumping those lil short routes and daring him to throw it intermediate. it's ok to be conservative, but it's not ok to be predictable. and you can be conservative without being predictable.

It's not even that. They didn't use SJ at all. The sports media in STL is on Spags because of that. Running with your damn FB on 3rd and 1 doesn't make any damn sense when SJ didn't have a carry in the game yet. Part of this is on the Rams not having any play making WRs, and that includes Alexander. 2 dropped catches. All of the Rams WRs right now were either acquired via trade, signed off a PS or signed as an UDFA. Unreal. They need to sign a veteran WR(like Rice or VJ) or draft one.