PDA

View Full Version : Football AFC West: 2nd toughest division in the NFL this year?

AllThingsKC
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
As I look at the final standings, I see there are only 2 divisions with 4 teams at .500 or better: The NFC South and the AFC West. No other division has 3 teams at .500 or better.

The NFC South has 3 winning teams and the worst team in the NFL.

The AFC West has 2 winning teams, one team at .500, and one bad team.

The Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos ALL had tie-breakers over the Chiefs and the Chiefs STILL won this division outright.

You can say what you want about an easy schedule, but winning your division outright when you have basically no tie-breakers against any of the teams is nothing shy of impressive in the NFL.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-03-2011, 11:42 AM
As I look at the final standings, I see there are only 2 divisions with 4 teams at .500 or better: The NFC South and the AFC West. No other division has 3 teams at .500 or better.

The Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos ALL had tie-breakers over the Chiefs and the Chiefs STILL won this division outright.

You can say what you want about an easy schedule, but winning your division outright when you have basically no tie-breakers against any of the teams is nothing shy of impressive in the NFL.

You know your place. :shake:

CoMoChief
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
We played a very easy schedule because we finished in last place last season and played an awful NFCW division.

Wanna know the last time the Chiefs made the playoffs? Wanna know what division we played in the NFC.....you guessed it, the NFCW.

The Chiefs have swept that division the last 2x they've played them.

AllThingsKC
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
... and played an awful NFCW division.

So, the other teams in the AFC West didn't play the NFC West or what?

How does a team play the NFC West and go 6-0 in the AFC West and NOT win the AFC West?

RealSNR
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
We played a very easy schedule because we finished in last place last season and played an awful NFCW division.

Wanna know the last time the Chiefs made the playoffs? Wanna know what division we played in the NFC.....you guessed it, the NFCW.

The Chiefs have swept that division the last 2x they've played them.Maybe other AFCW teams should beat the easy NFC West teams. Then maybe they could make the playoffs.

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 12:02 PM

Come the **** on. The AFC West went 9-7 against the pitiful NFC West this season. Though no one should blame the Chiefs for that record (the Chiefs were 4-0 against the NFCW), it certainly puts the lie to the idea that the AFC West is a strong division. No other team in the AFC West had a winning record against the NFC West.

AllThingsKC
01-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Come the **** on. The AFC West went 9-7 against the pitiful NFC West this season. Though no one should blame the Chiefs for that record (the Chiefs were 4-0 against the NFCW), it certainly puts the lie to the idea that the AFC West is a strong division. No other team in the AFC West had a winning record against the NFC West.

I said, "As I look at the final standings..." By looking at the final standings, prove to me that the AFC West wasn't the 2nd best division in the NFL.

Bearcat
01-03-2011, 12:06 PM
The vs. Division standings are interesting...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/vs-division

AFC WEST W L T PCT NFC E NFC N NFC S NFC W AFC E AFC N AFC S AFC W
Kansas City 10 6 0 .625 0-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0 4-0-0 1-0-0 1-0-0 2-2-0 2-4-0
San Diego 9 7 0 .563 0-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0 2-2-0 0-1-0 0-1-0 4-0-0 3-3-0
Oakland 8 8 0 .500 0-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0 2-2-0 0-1-0 0-1-0 0-4-0 6-0-0
Denver 4 12 0 .250 0-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0 1-3-0 0-1-0 0-1-0 2-2-0 1-5-0

The Chiefs were the only team able to get a win against the AFC East or AFC North, and they were the only AFCW team that played well against the NFCW. If it wasn't for the Chargers sweeping the AFC South, there's really nothing impressive about the AFCW against other divisions, except maybe the Chiefs taking care of business against the NFCW. :shrug:

How does a team play the NFC West and go 6-0 in the AFC West and NOT win the AFC West?

That goes against the whole "AFCW is a tough division" thing in the OP...

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I said, "As I look at the final standings..." By looking at the final standings, prove to me that the AFC West wasn't the 2nd best division in the NFL.

I've already proven it to myself. You can eat a bag of fuckall.

AllThingsKC
01-03-2011, 12:09 PM
And yet, the AFCW is the ONLY AFC division to have 3 teams finish at .500 or better.

Only the NFC South has 3 winning teams in their division.

Hmm...

Bearcat
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM

There are 5 divisions with a winning % of .500 or better, and the AFCW isn't one of them, even though they played the worst division in the league.

Imon Yourside
01-03-2011, 12:14 PM
There are 5 divisions with a winning % of .500 or better, and the AFCW isn't one of them, even though they played the worst division in the league.

Thread Over!

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Thread Over!

Yup.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM

The Chiefs play a team that finished 2nd in their division in the wildcard round... the Ravens are better than any team in the AFCW and they're 2nd best in their division.

I don't care if OAK and SD won 8 and 7 games respectively.

|Zach|
01-03-2011, 05:27 PM

And....

scene.