PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers on their season and Chiefs

the Talking Can
01-04-2011, 02:17 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/04/chargers-no-longer-most-talented-team/

...Reviewing the season, Gates brought up the opening-night loss to the Chiefs, and the continued success of the Patriots, who won at San Diego en route to becoming the AFC's top seed.

Kansas City's victory, fueled in part by a few 2010 draftees, "gave the Chiefs that confidence and that motivation of, 'Look, we beat the Chargers, we can beat a lot of teams,' " Gates said. "To me, had they not won that game, their season would not have turned out the same."

A Pro Bowl regular, Gates also praised the Patriots for an efficient brand of ball, contrasting a Chargers team that lost nine fumbles more than it recovered.

"They haven't thrown an interception in forever," he said. "That means they're taking care of the football, and I think that's a start for any team -- taking care of the football. And special teams are phenomenal for the Patriots."

Burnett said he probably will not watch the playoffs. Rivers and center Nick Hardwick said they will watch because they might learn something that could help the Chargers next year.

"I will definitely watch the Jets and Colts game," Gates said. "And I will watch the Chiefs game."

Gates said he believes another AFC West team might have fared better than the Chiefs will fare.

Surprisingly, the other AFC West team he mentioned was not the Chargers, but another San Diego rival whose recent drafts are paying off.

"Personally, no disrespect to the Chiefs, I think the Raiders (8-8) would have represented the AFC West better, if I had to take a pick of who I wanted to go," Gates said. "Because the Chiefs are still pretty young. They're a young team. They're talented, but they are a young team. But, they played tremendous this year."

Slainte
01-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Loser says what?

JD10367
01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Sounds pretty disrespectful to me.

FloridaMan88
01-04-2011, 02:24 PM
The Raiders can only beat AFC West teams, so unless they are facing AFC West teams in the playoffs their prospects aren't any better than the Chiefs' prospects.

Coogs
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I would say he is pretty spot on with the whole article.

Anything we do from this point on is just icing on the cake IMO. A young team getting some playoff experience. Gotta love it!

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2011, 02:29 PM
The Raiders can only beat AFC West teams, so unless they are facing AFC West teams in the playoffs their prospects aren't any better than the Chiefs' prospects.

The Chiefs can only beat teams with losing records. You guys only won one game against teams with a record better than 8-8.

Coogs
01-04-2011, 02:31 PM
The Chiefs can only beat teams with losing records. You guys only won one game against a team with a record better than 8-8.

It not our fault you guys suck!

Donger
01-04-2011, 02:33 PM
The Chiefs can only beat teams with losing records. You guys only won one game against a team with a record better than 8-8.

Thanks for the reminder, GoChiefs. Although that is a statistic of concern.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2011, 02:33 PM

How many games did your team win?

JD10367
01-04-2011, 02:34 PM

Better still, how many games did the Broncos and Raiders lose to teams who finished under-.500 and/or out of the playoffs?

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2011, 02:35 PM

We beat you frauds by like 50.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM

well at least you can read box scores...because you don't watch the games

FAX
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
He's probably right.

However, he's sitting at home ... along with the faiders and the goats and a crapload of other teams while we ... the Chiefs ... play on.

So, in the immortal words of Mr. bignastykcnut, Stuff it, Gates. You big whiny bitch.

FAX

CupidStunt
01-04-2011, 02:39 PM
The Chiefs can only beat teams with losing records.

The Broncos can only beat 4 teams. Out of 16.

1/4.

ROFL

DeezNutz
01-04-2011, 02:40 PM

That's cool. You should watch the tape of that game this Sunday at noon while Chiefs fans sit around and stew. Oh, wait...

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
That's cool. You should watch the tape of that game this Sunday at noon while Chiefs fans sit around and stew. Oh, wait...

I have a feeling that the days leading up to your playoff game will be a lot more enjoyable for Chiefs fans than the days after it.

DaFace
01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
The Chiefs can only beat teams with losing records. You guys only won one game against teams with a record better than 8-8.

Just for the record, the Raiders only won 3 games against teams with a record better than 8-8. Us and San Diego. Obviously, we can't play ourselves, so we had fewer possibilities to win against winning teams. The Raiders also lost to Tennessee, Arizona, and San Francisco - three bad teams that we beat.

The entire division played a weak schedule this year. I'm not sure why people keep acting like that's the reason we are in the playoffs is the weak schedule when we all play essentially the same schedule.

Halfcan
01-04-2011, 02:44 PM

STFU and what was your record??

ModSocks
wow. So many HATERS. I never thought i'd see so many haters. The Chiefs put together their first good season in 4 years and the haters are out in full force. I can't believe there are so many haters. I can't believe I had to use the word Hater so many times in one post.

sigh.

FUCK YOU GATES I HOPE YOUR FUCKING FOOT FALLS OFF FROM SOME SORT OF FUCKED UP INFECTION.

Hootie
Just for the record, the Raiders only won 3 games against teams with a record better than 8-8. Us and San Diego. They also lost to Tennessee, Arizona, and San Francisco - three bad teams that we beat.

The entire division played a weak schedule this year. I'm not sure why people keep acting like that's the reason we are in the playoffs is the weak schedule when we all play essentially the same schedule.

he doesn't watch any games...he doesn't know who is good or bad

I watch more Colts games than he watches Broncos games and I'm a Chiefs fan for Christ sake...

time for us to stop worrying about what idiot is saying

DaFace
01-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I have a feeling that the days leading up to your playoff game will be a lot more enjoyable for Chiefs fans than the days after it.

It's entirely possible. But I tell ya, I've had a great time these last couple weeks, and I'm incredibly excited for the game on Sunday. Win or lose, it's gonna be fun, and none of the haters can take that away.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 02:45 PM

Kinda like the days leading up to your entire season?

Just Passin' By
01-04-2011, 02:46 PM

At this point, you're just deliberately being an idiot. You should probably take some time away from here to reset your brain.

Donger
01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Just for the record, the Raiders only won 3 games against teams with a record better than 8-8. Us and San Diego. Obviously, we can't play ourselves, so we had fewer possibilities to win against winning teams. The Raiders also lost to Tennessee, Arizona, and San Francisco - three bad teams that we beat.

Hey, web dude? Sales guy here.

Where do the Chiefs rank in all the playoff teams with regard to beating teams with winning records?

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2011, 02:47 PM

We played a similar schedule but instead of playing Baltimore (like Denver did) you guys played the Browns and instead of playing the Jets (like Denver did) you guys played the Bills.

DaFace
Hey, web dude? Sales guy here.

Where do the Chiefs rank in all the playoff teams with regard to beating teams with winning records?

It'd be interesting to know, for sure. Unfortunately, I don't know of any easy way to figure that out without looking at it manually.

ModSocks

That's what pisses me off.

Charger fans walk around here all day yapping about how we played a soft schedule. They cant comprehend that WE PLAYED THE SAME FUCKING SCHEDULE aside from TWO games. One being the fucking Bengals.

Get bent AFCW, you crybabies.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 02:48 PM
We played a similar schedule but instead of playing Baltimore (like Denver did) you guys played the Browns and instead of playing the Jets (like Denver did) you guys played the Bills.

Boo fucking hoo. You played TWO different games. I guess that explains your 4 win record. Fuck off.

Donger
It'd be interesting to know, for sure. Unfortunately, I don't know of any easy way to figure that out without looking at it manually.

Want me to ask your boss for some time?

DaFace

So, if we concede those two wins for Denver and losses for KC, Kansas City is 8-8, and Denver is 6-10. What does that change?

Hootie
01-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Enjoy your #2 pick...maybe you guys can draft a LT so you can move Clady to a more natural guard position.

JD10367
01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Kinda like the days leading up to your entire season?

At least the Chiefs fans HAVE this enjoyable week leading up to the playoff game. Beats trolling the board of the AFCW winners, jealously whining. Little bitch. (This was obviously directed at HoMo, not you.)

Hootie
(I have no idea if Clady is still good, great, bad, or gay I just thought that sounded like a knowmo comment)

DaFace why don't you go old school and change his name back to Cutler723048323 for good ol' times

HemiEd
Sounds pretty disrespectful to me.

Actually, I was surprised at how respectful he was.

I don't disagree with him, as I think the Raiders have been drafting higher, longer, and have very strong line on both sides of the ball.

IMO, the Chiefs OL is patchwork, that needs more work.

That being said, I am thrilled to be watching another Chiefs game this weekend, and hope like hell I get to do the same the following weekend.

I am just hoping like hell the Raiders fire their coach, Cable. Didn't he hit another coach, I wonder how that is going. Maybe that needs stirred up again.

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
So, if we concede those two wins for Denver and losses for KC, Kansas City is 8-8, and Denver is 6-10. What does that change?

Nothing for Denver. But it would mean that the Chargers are in the playoffs and not the Chiefs.

DaFace
01-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Nothing for Denver. But it would mean that the Chargers are in the playoffs and not the Chiefs.

Ah, hypotheticals. Gotta love 'em.

I'm out. I can only take so much of KnowMo's :Poke:ing at a time.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Actually, I was surprised at how respectful he was.

I don't disagree with him, as I think the Raiders have been drafting higher, longer, and have very strong line on both sides of the ball.

IMO, the Chiefs OL is patchwork, that needs more work.

That being said, I am thrilled to be watching another Chiefs game this weekend, and hope like hell I get to do the same the following weekend.

I am just hoping like hell the Raiders fire their coach, Cable. Didn't he hit another coach, I wonder how that is going. Maybe that needs stirred up again.

Fuck that. He was being disrespectful. There was no need for his comment other than to disrespect the Chiefs.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 02:56 PM

but what if Denver's sudden momentum burst caused them to beat San Diego one time and Norv became so distraught he benched Rivers for Volek which caused San Diego to lose 4 games in a row...and then as Oakland was flying to KC to win the division their team plane crashed resulting in the Chiefs winning the division at 8-8...

what if?

Dartgod
01-04-2011, 02:58 PM

Well, it certainly doesn't change the fact that he's a fucking moron.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
01-04-2011, 03:00 PM

And if the Chargers had won more games than the Chiefs, regardless of schedule, they'd have made the playoffs. Instead, they lost to the Chiefs, Seahawks, Patriots, Rams, Raiders (twice) and Bengals. They won 9 games, and only two of those wins were against playoff teams (Chiefs, Colts). The Chargers only played 4 playoff teams, and were 1-2 against playoff teams outside their division, and 2-3 overall.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 03:01 PM

Horseshit.

The Chargers lost to the Rams, Seahawks, & Bengals. Say that out loud. Say it.

That's why they're not in it. Pathetic.

WebGem
01-04-2011, 03:02 PM
It's funny how pathetic of a human being KnowMo is.

FAX
Of course Gates is disrespectful to the Chiefs. What do you expect?

He thinks they're the better team and more deserving of the playoffs than we are. He may be right, but the standings say differently. Therefore, he is a schmutz eating son of a pig.

I say (if there's a season), we improve our offensive and defensive lines for next year and pound their asses twice instead of just once.

FAX

ModSocks
It's funny how pathetic of a human being KnowMo is.

It's funny how pathetic the rest of the AFCW is. Bunch of HATERS.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Of course Gates is disrespectful to the Chiefs. What do you expect?

He thinks they're the better team and more deserving of the playoffs than we are. He may be right, but the standings say differently. Therefore, he is a schmutz eating son of a pig.

I say (if there's a season), we improve our offensive and defensive lines for next year and pound their asses twice instead of just once.

FAX

And he shouldn't think they're better. If they were, they wouldn't have lost 7 ****ing games.

Good teams don't do that.

Him and the rest of his underachieving, lazy, pussy ass POS team can go:

NSFW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nV0GI8FkJBc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nV0GI8FkJBc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dirk digler
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM

That's because we sucked last year just like you sucked this year. You guys will be playing a last place schedule but I doubt the Donkeys will win the division.

01-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Well, if we win this week, I wonder what your excuse will be then. I did say IF.

Valiant
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM

You better hope it does not get out you recorded more games.

Funny you suck all year and lose to some downright awful teams but somehow gameplan perfectly on both sid3es of the ball against the chiefs.

Of course now you better be praying for a miracle, because your team is a joke. Thankyou mcdanials. Wasn't he the greatest coach evr at the start of the year?

HemiEd
01-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Any team that lost a game to an NFC West opponent, should be disqualified from playoff consideration for 2 years. The Broncos cheated against the 49ers, and still lost, how pathetic is that?

InChiefsHeaven
01-04-2011, 03:44 PM
"Personally, no disrespect to the Chiefs, I think the Raiders (8-8) would have represented the AFC West better, if I had to take a pick of who I wanted to go," Gates said. "Because the Chiefs are still pretty young. They're a young team. They're talented, but they are a young team. But, they played tremendous this year."

I think that was spoken as respectfully as you can. It sounds like he was answering a question, not just pulling that out of his ass. But, whatever. I'm not some Antonio Gates appologist, I just don't think what he had to say was THAT insulting.

tooge
01-04-2011, 03:49 PM

Could be. However, the few days after the playoff game if we lose wont be nearly as bad as the past FOUR MONTHS donky fans have had to endure. It's been a great ride for us, and at this point, most of us chiefs fans feel as though we are playing with house money. This season has been a huge success for us, win or lose next weekend. Donkos has been a huge spitoon full of FAIL. You suck.

Frosty
01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm not surprised that Gates would be more respectful of the Raiders since they kicked the Chargers' asses twice and the Chargers blew out the Chiefs last time they played.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Over the past week, I've literally LOL'd no less than 25 times listening to Scott and BR, the early morning hosts on the sports radio station in San Diego.

The angst and utter heartbreak in San Diego is epic. Trying to explain away what has been the most disappointing season in recent Chargers' history has fueled my week out here. The bottom line is this. Nobody respects us. And I don't care. Just pin it up on the bulletin board and take a peek at it before Sunday.

Oh and KnowMo? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL at your Kingdom of Denial crumbling down around you in the midst of all the Fatheads in your mother's basement. LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO at you for being the biggest fraud of them all because you don't keep your word.

You are a giant bowlful of LOSE.

JD10367
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
I think that was spoken as respectfully as you can. It sounds like he was answering a question, not just pulling that out of his ass. But, whatever. I'm not some Antonio Gates appologist, I just don't think what he had to say was THAT insulting.

Sure it was. He basically said he thinks the 8-8 Raiders are better than the 10-6 team that won their division. That's pretty disrespectful. The Raiders "would have represented the AFC West better"? Fuck that shit. If anything, he should've simply said, "The Chiefs won the division, so they won the right to represent the division, end of story." Just another example of a badly-run organization and players who talk too much.

HemiEd
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM

That is the way I see it, some people are really sandy in the vagina area.

Bewbies
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
How a fan of a team that is picking 2nd in the draft can talk smack to a team preparing for a home playoff game is beyond me.

FringeNC
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
With all that talent, SD couldn't win the division. We did. Yet according to Whitlock, it's us who has the joke of a coach. It's an amazing perspective that guy has.

JD10367
01-04-2011, 04:03 PM

I just don't see how a player whose team didn't make the playoffs has any place to badmouth, in any way shape or form--however nicely--the team that won the division.

FAX
01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
With all that talent, SD couldn't win the division. We did. Yet according to Whitlock, it's us who has the joke of a coach. It's an amazing perspective that guy has.

Given sufficient time, Haley is bound to piss everybody off ... in the whole, entire world. Imagine. A whole, entire world of pissed off people.

And he's just getting started, too.

FAX

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Sure it was. He basically said he thinks the 8-8 Raiders are better than the 10-6 team that won their division. That's pretty disrespectful. The Raiders "would have represented the AFC West better"? **** that shit. If anything, he should've simply said, "The Chiefs won the division, so they won the right to represent the division, end of story." Just another example of a badly-run organization and players who talk too much.

Hemi, JD10367 Nailed it. The Chiefs won the division, not the Raiders. Give the Chiefs their dues for putting together a good season and move on.

When someone starts a sentence with "with all due respect" or "not to disrespect you", that means they are about to disrespect.

He basically just called the division winner the 3rd best team in the division. That's BS. Fuck him.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
And BTW Gates, you were terrible in Joes Vs Pros. Ha! Not to disrespect you, but TG woulda played better hoops than you.

KCrockaholic
01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Why is that pillowbiter assed ****er still on this board?

Buck
01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Haters gonna hate.

Also this is only Gates 2nd time not in the playoffs as a starter, he's probably butthurt.

Iowanian
01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I hope Gates enjoys the Gout for the rest of his career.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Detoxing is right. He has no room to talk. Winning a division is the accomplishment of an entire season. And I won't ever apologize for winning it because we deserved it. Other than 1 week where we were statistically in 2nd place, we led the division from WEEK ONE.

And anyone...player or bulletin board member...who tries to spin it any other way is monumentarily butthurt because they are forced to come to terms with their suckage.

So while KnowMo and the rest kept refreshing NFP and PFT on Black Monday, we'll keep enjoying our plans for Wild Card Weekend.

Iowanian
01-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Denver wouldn't have won the NFCW....I doubt Denver would have won their CFL division.

If the Thuper Chargers hadn't had a roster with so many selfish, contract welching, underperforming bitches, maybe they'd have been able to beat out such a pathetic team.

The Raiders have some young talent, and if they'd stop making mistakes at stupid times, they'd probably be a pretty tough team. A cheap shot-prone-pathetic-convict herd of prison bitches for players and fans....but they've got some talent.

KCrockaholic
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Haters gonna hate.

Also this is only Gates 2nd time not in the playoffs as a starter, he's probably butthurt.

Do you agree with him?

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Buck's been classy throughout.

DaFace
01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
For the record, I can't say that I entirely disagree with Gates. I don't think he's being entirely disrespectful in that sense.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 04:15 PM
For the record, I can't say that I entirely disagree with Gates. I don't think he's being entirely disrespectful in that sense.

Screw that. He said that the Raiders "would have made" a better representative, almost as if it's postmortem.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM

So you think the raiders would represent the division better than the Chiefs? The same team that went 2-8 outside the division? THAT Raider team?

Turn in your Chiefs fan card. Now.

Buck
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Do you agree with him?

I don't think you guys would have won the division if you didn't win week 1.

I don't think any team from the AFC West has a better chance than the Chiefs, but I don't think you guys really have a chance either.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 04:20 PM

I don't think any team from the AFC West has a better chance than the Chiefs, but I don't think you guys really have a chance either.

If you would be so kind as to walk down the hall to the left, find the bulletin board and pin this quote up there before you leave? Thanks! :thumb:

varaider
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I'll take Gates word for it... not because I'm a Raider fan, but because he PLAYED both of our teams (whether he was on the field or not) 4 times this year, not to mention all the times they've played in past years.... So its not like he's making an UNEDUCATED decision on who he feels would fare better...

Congrats Chiefs fans on making the playoffs, I give credit where it is due... Just like you guys should give the Raiders credit for beating that azz twice this year and becoming a contender again... because neither of us expected THIS much out of our respective teams this year... realistically...

DaFace
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
So you think the raiders would represent the division better than the Chiefs? The same team that went 2-8 outside the division? THAT Raider team?

Quite possibly, yes. They've sucked slightly more than we have in the W column, but they've also held their own against teams that slaughtered us. I don't think anyone can confidently say that we are undeniably the best team in the AFCW this year. About the only thing you can be confident in is that the Broncos were the worst team.

I'm thrilled that we're in the playoffs, but last week made it pretty clear that we're as likely to not show up for a game as the Raiders have been.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Well, we have a chance. And had we lost in week 1, that doesn't mean that the team wouldn't have won week 2 and so forth.

Gates is just full of himself. He thinks that the Chargers are so great that the Chiefs win over them must've been the greatest thing that happened to the Chiefs and set off their entire season.

Arrogant fuck head. His entire team is arrogant.

Buck
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, we have a chance. And had we lost in week 1, that doesn't mean that the team wouldn't have won week 2 and so forth.

Gates is just full of himself. He thinks that the Chargers are so great that the Chiefs win over them must've been the greatest thing that happened to the Chiefs and set off their entire season.

Arrogant fuck head. His entire team is arrogant.

Because it was.

01-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I really don't have that much of an issue with what Gates said here. Do I like that he feels the Raiders would represent better? Hell no. But I don't think he is acting butthurt either.

DaFace
01-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Because it was.

Yep. Getting into other sports than football has made me realize how huge momentum is in professional sports. If we'd lost that first game, it could have had a really major impact on our team's mentality.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Quite possibly, yes. They've sucked slightly more than we have in the W column, but they've also held their own against teams that slaughtered us. I don't think anyone can confidently say that we are undeniably the best team in the AFCW this year. About the only thing you can be confident in is that the Broncos were the worst team.

I'm thrilled that we're in the playoffs, but last week made it pretty clear that we're as likely to not show up for a game as the Raiders have been.

What teams are you talking about that slaughtered us? The Chargers?

The Raiders are a matchup problem for everyone in the AFCW, and you know it.

The Chiefs and Donks are much smaller teams than the Raiders....and the Chargers are just a bunch of arrogant pussies.

It's about Matchups in the NFL, and we dont matchup well with the Chargers and the Raiders do. That's why they look more impressive against them.

The Raiders would get crushed by Balt, the same way they got smashed by Pitt.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 04:29 PM
The Week One game is not what I'm bothered by. It's his assumption that the Raiders would make a better representative. Well, I think John McCain would be a better President but that's irrelevant.

It's pure speculation, and it's sounding a lot like a postmortem on a game that hasn't even been played yet.

Coogs
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Every single team in the NFL plays this schedule...

4 first place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road
4 second place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road
4 third place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road
4 fourth place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road

DaFace
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
The Week One game is not what I'm bothered by. It's his assumption that the Raiders would make a better representative. Well, I think John McCain would be a better President but that's irrelevant.

It's pure speculation, and it's sounding a lot like a postmortem on a game that hasn't even been played yet.

After all, speculation is highly frowned upon when it comes to sports discussions.

Buck
01-04-2011, 04:31 PM

He's just going by what he's seen. The Raiders kicked our ass twice. You guys snuck a win in against us, and then we demolished you. I really don't have a problem with what he said, but I don't agree with it.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Because it was.

No. You're assuming the Chiefs felt that way. A win is always good, but you don't know how they would've reacted had they lost.

Buck
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Every single team in the NFL plays this schedule...

4 first place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road
4 second place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road
4 third place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road
4 fourth place teams... 2 at home, 2 on the road

That is not true.

Buck
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
No. You're assuming the Chiefs felt that way. A win is always good, but you don't know how they would've reacted had they lost.

Yes. You're assuming the Chiefs felt that way. A win is always good, but you don't know how they would've reacted had they lost.

See, I can play that game too.

Coogs
01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
That is not true.

Yes it is. Check it out.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
After all, speculation is highly frowned upon when it comes to sports discussions.

I hear ya bro...but it's underlying an attitude that is prevalent in San Diego. They're having a hard time coming to terms with their demise. And he's trying to say that the Raiders would fare better because obviously they're the only team who really legitimately beat them. It makes him feel better just to write off this year as an anomaly. Fortunately for us it appears the entire Chargers' organization is doing just that, paving our way for more success in the future.

DaFace
01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
That is not true.

It actually is, though it's kind of a weird way of looking at it. Each team plays all of the teams from two divisions. Then, they play their own division twice, substituting their own team with the equivalent team from the remaining conference divisions.

01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
He's just going by what he's seen. The Raiders kicked our ass twice. You guys snuck a win in against us, and then we demolished you. I really don't have a problem with what he said, but I don't agree with it.

Please keep in mind who our QB was and how the coaches didn't even try to compete in that game. I think with Cassel that game is not a blowout. I'm not saying we would have won just be cause of that. Just that there is noway to know because we lost a KEY player prior to that game.

Just Passin' By
01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
The Raiders started off 1-3, and didn't settle on a starter until week 5. From then on, they went 7-5. The Raiders defensive line was #2 in the NFL in pressuring opposing QBs, according to one of the television channels from this past weekend, and that's something that can be very significant in the playoffs.

Gates might, or might not, be right, but he's at least got a reasonable argument.

Buck
01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes it is. Check it out.

Chargers played: @Seattle, vs Pats, @ Colts, vs Chiefs, @ Chiefs

Thats 5 first place games.

Coogs
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
It actually is, though it's kind of a weird way of looking at it. Each team plays all of the teams from two divisions. Then, they play their own division twice, substituting their own team with the equivalent team from the remaining conference divisions.

It is actually not that weird. Whoever thought it up really knew what they were doing IMO.

Buck

Are you talking about from the previous season or who was in first at the end of this season?

DaFace

He's talking about previous years' standings. That's how the schedule is determined.

Coogs
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM

It is off of last years records. Not this years.

DaFace
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM
It is actually not that weird. Whoever thought it up really knew what they were doing IMO.

It's definitely interesting. I hadn't really thought of it that way before.

HemiEd
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM

If that is the only part of what he said, that you see, then so be it.

Hey, I don't think too many people are more excited about a playoff game Sunday than myself. If you go back 6 years, I have always said, give me more winning Sundays than losing Sundays, and I will be more happy than I am sad.

But the truth is, that embarrassing ****ing performance last Sunday, took a lot of the sizzle off the steak. Over the last 42 years of watching this team, they have let me down many many times. I am not from Missouri, but I am going to be cautious, until they show me.

The Chiefs were 2 and 4 in the division, and lost to the ****ing Raiders twice, the second time convincingly. It wasn't even a good effort. And that is what this interview was about, the division. Not only that, they lost to the Broncos badly once, and got piss pounded by the Chargers. The two games our Chiefs won in the division, they didn't piss pound either one.

I just hope like hell they win Sunday, and earn the respect we all want them to have.

FAX
01-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Are you talking about from the previous season or who was in first at the end of this season?

The NFL has plans to base the schedule on future results, but they goofed a little by selecting Jared Allen as their remote viewer.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Whaaaa sour grapes

Red Beans
01-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Whether Gates has a point or not, he's only got an idea of what it takes to make it in the playoffs he seen it twice in his career and only made it as far as the divisional round (once) and gotten booted. Feel free to correct these statistics, but please provide documentation.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Raiders would be scary good with consistent QB play. Thank God Al Davis continues to remain senile.

loochy
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM

You really think that we will be that bothered by having to face the Steelers or Patriots?

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Well, it's good to see that a lot of Chiefs fans think the Raiders would represent the AFCW better than the Chiefs........geeeshhh

We need Bad guy in here to give another speech.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, it's good to see that a lot of Chiefs fans think the Raiders would represent the AFCW better than the Chiefs........geeeshhh

We need Bad guy in here to give another speech.

This. What a bunch of weak-kneed pussies. All because of one game.

CoMoChief

I guess it would mean KC doesn't win the division and KnowMo is happy.

But to be honest, KC did have the EASIEST schedule in the NFL this season, and the only team that we played with a winning record we lost to, and in fact couldn't move the ball against them, and we got crushed by our divison rivals, in which we posted a 2-4 record in the AFCW and still won the division. I can't remember the last time that has happened. I would even go as far as saying next season we post a 8-8 record or perhaps even a losing record just based on the teams we play. Instead of playing the last place teams we now have to play the 1st place teams. Makes a world's difference whether the homers here wanna believe it or not.

What the Chiefs showed this season is improvement, and we were able to beat the crappy teams in the league. In no way are the Chiefs as good as the other teams that are in the playoffs, but they do have a formula that can win you games in the postseason, first of all it's at home with a crazy loud crowd. They can run the ball and don't turn the ball over that often and play good defense. So there is a chance the Chiefs could steal a win. However I don't expect that....and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if we get our asses kicked because that defense IMO is better than a Raiders defense that bent us over in every fashion last Sunday and ****ed us up the ass with a 20 inch cock.

BUT....the Chiefs are in the playoffs....they won some games when the others didn't, they're still young and developing team and learning how to win. Playoff experience will be huge for this team IMO. Anything now is just icing on the cake. But KnowMo and the rest of the "haters" do have "some" points on the way this season went down. Things happened that normally don't, and the stars aligned early for KC when SD started off 0-3 and KC got a fast start when most people didn't think that was possible. Anything can happen in the NFL, but look at when MIA went from 1-2 wins one year, then made the playoffs in Sparano's first season. So what happened for the immediate turnaround? Well, MIA was last place the season before, so they played the last place teams in the other divisions for one, 2nd they played a horrible NFCW. Once they played BAL in the postseason, they got killed. And in 2009 they played a harder schedule and finished 7-9.

I'm just calling it how I see it. Hopefully the Chiefs can take the next step next year with another good draft and some FA signings. But don't be surprised if KC ends up like the 2009 Dolphins.

BigMeatballDave
We played a similar schedule but instead of playing Baltimore (like Denver did) you guys played the Browns and instead of playing the Jets (like Denver did) you guys played the Bills.Its not like the Chiefs make their own schedule. Its not our fault our opponents sucked. The good news for you is the donkeys will be playing a 4-12 schedule. Cum dumpster.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWxe3ORl8BKENxdPh5lrFI1Cz71_Q-gSShbnxBYAf83hyTw2n1bw

Coogs
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
The good news for you is the donkeys will be playing a 4-12 schedule.

Not really. This is something that changed about 10 years ago. It just hasn't caught on with everybody yet.

HemiEd
01-04-2011, 05:25 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWxe3ORl8BKENxdPh5lrFI1Cz71_Q-gSShbnxBYAf83hyTw2n1bw

I have the matching hat, and the one from 2003 as well.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Not really. This is something that changed about 10 years ago. It just hasn't caught on with everybody yet.Yeah, I just read that.

LaChapelle
01-04-2011, 05:30 PM
This will be the scummy Chiefs second trip to the playoffs
since the NFL's bestest team in the whole wide world the Broncos have gone
I'd go choke a hobo to death in a dark alley

chiefqueen
01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Its not like the Chiefs make their own schedule. Its not our fault our opponents sucked. The good news for you is the donkeys will be playing a 4-12 schedule. Cum dumpster.

Yeah, but with Harbaugh as coach grooming Tebow. IMO that is a marriage made in heaven because Tebow IMO has the same intangibles Harbaugh had. Does anyone care to remember KC only beat Harbaugh one time and most of Harbaugh's victories over KC occurred @ Arrowhead?

I'm afraid Elway is going to get his man and if Harbaugh is not his man, he has no business making NFL personnel decisions.

runnercyclist
01-04-2011, 06:31 PM

SDB

milkman
01-04-2011, 06:41 PM

The game last week had very little meaning.
The differencce between a 3 or 4 seed.

I would expect a more experienced team to show up for that game.

However, this game against the Ravens is big.
These guys will show up, because it's the biggest game in the careers for most of them.

Its not like the Chiefs make their own schedule. Its not our fault our opponents sucked. The good news for you is the donkeys will be playing a 4-12 schedule. Cum dumpster.

Bottom line.
The Chiefs won the games they were supposed to.
The rest of the division did not.
They won the first 3 games to gain the lead, and they did what they had to by the end of the season to retain that lead.

Every game matters.

If you are the Chargers and you are not ready to start the seson, you just learned that this is the price you may have to pay if you continue to enter the season unprepared.

If you're the Donkeys you already learned that winning 6 games to start the season doesn't ensure a division win or a playoff birth.

If you're the Raiders, you learned......well you have a zombie running the ship, so you're ****ed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I think Gates will represent the San Diego/Oakland/Donko Couch-Warming All-Stars quite nicely this weekend.

See? Respectful!

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm gonna bet Gates retirement is coming up soon. If he's got plantar fasciatis he'll never be healthy unless he takes two years off. you just can't heal that shit when your job is to run and cut. No way!

Ugly Duck
01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Bottom line.
They won the first 3 games to gain the lead, and they did what they had to by the end of the season to retain that lead.

An dats da troof. Fans & pundits can work the postseason percentages till their fingers bleed, but the principle of "Any Given Sunday" will apply nonetheless. Its the only common denominator that applies to all the playoff teams. Cheer up, ChiefsFans... your Superbowl chance is a living, breathing actuality. Don't give up before Game 1.

TEX
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Bottom line.

Every game matters.

If you are the Chargers and you are not ready to start the seson, you just learned that this is the price you may have to pay if you continue to enter the season unprepared.

If you're the Donkeys you already learned that winning 6 games to start the season doesn't ensure a division win or a playoff birth.

If you're the Raiders, you learned......well you have a zombie running the ship, so you're ****ed.

THIS - Perhaps the best post of the young year!

InChiefsHeaven
01-05-2011, 06:26 AM
An dats da troof. Fans & pundits can work the postseason percentages till their fingers bleed, but the principle of "Any Given Sunday" will apply nonetheless. Its the only common denominator that applies to all the playoff teams. Cheer up, ChiefsFans... your Superbowl chance is a living, breathing actuality. Don't give up before Game 1.

What a great statement. From a Raider fan. I'm speechless...:p

Jack
01-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Here's an interesting fact about knowmo's city:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/12/22/worst-cities-bed-bugs-real-estate-personal-finance_slide_7.html

HemiEd
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
The game last week had very little meaning.
The differencce between a 3 or 4 seed.

I would expect a more experienced team to show up for that game.

However, this game against the Ravens is big.
These guys will show up, because it's the biggest game in the careers for most of them.

Bottom line.

Every game matters.

I normally agree with your takes, but I am not accepting any excuses for that showing last Sunday against the Raiders. That game mattered a lot, no matter how it gets spun or glassed over.

If they didn't give a fuck about winning that game, why would they play the starters through the game? Yeah I know, they pulled Cassel after he got the shit pounded out of him, and the game was out of reach.

These guys are professionals, and they know what losing to the Raiders means to this fanbase. They are seeing it in playoff ticket sales right now. If they had any foresight or confidence, a 3 seed would have been important.

It is great that they won 10 games, I enjoyed everyone of them.

I hope like hell the team shows up, preferably the one that played in Seattle.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

At a loss for words there, Dane?

ThaVirus
01-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I normally agree with your takes, but I am not accepting any excuses for that showing last Sunday against the Raiders. That game mattered a lot, no matter how it gets spun or glassed over.

If they didn't give a **** about winning that game, why would they play the starters through the game? Yeah I know, they pulled Cassel after he got the shit pounded out of him, and the game was out of reach.

These guys are professionals, and they know what losing to the Raiders means to this fanbase. They are seeing it in playoff ticket sales right now. If they had any foresight or confidence, a 3 seed would have been important.

It is great that they won 10 games, I enjoyed everyone of them.

I hope like hell the team shows up, preferably the one that played in Seattle.

It could be that a lot of these guys were playing not to get hurt. No matter how we feel, that game wasn't half as important as this one coming up next weekend. It's easy for us to sit here and say they should do this or that, but they're the ones out there sacrificing their bodies. You think they play these games and wake up the next day no worse for wear? Depending on the person and position, it can takes days for the knicks, soreness, and minor injuries to go away (or so I've read). Perhaps they were saving their performance for the bigger game...

FAX
01-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Wow. It appears Mr. DaneMcCloud has gotten one of those new, fancy-ass Invisiphones.

FAX

mohammedhali
01-05-2011, 10:54 PM
say what you will about the chefs, this year is just the beginning of a dynasty in the making. Which is a lot more than you can say about the raiders or the donks, whom clearly have a long ways to go, especially when looking at the coaching staffs of both.

Rasputin
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
say what you will about the chefs, this year is just the beginning of a dynasty in the making. Which is a lot more than you can say about the raiders or the donks, whom clearly have a long ways to go, especially when looking at the coaching staffs of both.

This! We have a young developing team and a young HC that is getting this team off the ground. Our team is most defently on the rise. Look at San de Ego ha with Norv Turner. Surprised he didn't get the AX.

Shouldn't be hard for us to land a good OC. For the Fraiders lol at who ever they get as coach with Al Davis running the show. Donkies same thing & now they have Horse Face in front office.

Imon Yourside
01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Sour grapes from Gates, i never liked gates i prefer Quicks barbecue. :)

Bewbies
01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
If Gates came out and said he liked us I'd call him a pussy. I'd hope our players would come out and root against his ass too.

Ugly Duck
01-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Post of the Year

Ming the Merciless
01-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Post of the Year

Probably the most accurate thing Dane has ever said.