PDA

View Full Version : Football So...Jim Harbaugh???

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
this might seem too logical...

but why doesn't he just call up the Panthers and say "hey guys...if you hire me Luck is coming with...and we'll win a lot of games...if not...I'll stay at Stanford and so will Mr. Luck!"

if the dude wants to coach in the NFL isn't his best bet going to a place with the #1 pick where he just so happens to be the current coach of the #1 prospect since Peyton Manning (if not an even better prospect???)

hello? If I'm the Panthers I'm selling out to hire Harbaugh...throw the bank at him (as long as he brings Luck)

Mile High Mania
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Word is they want to be cheap with the new HC.

JD10367
With Harbaugh saying "no way" to the Michigan job, it's clear that for him it's NFL or stay at Stanford. If he does decide NFL, then Carolina does make the most sense given their draft position.

MoreLemonPledge
The Panthers don't want to pay much for a coach, and Harbaugh will probably be able to name his price at San Francisco.

kysirsoze

Really? Just move em to LA already. Jesus.

ModSocks
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Jim has his choice of jobs. He's the hottest coaching commodity right now. WTF would he want the Panthers job?

WebGem
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
He's gonna go to SF if he goes to NFL. I know he likes that area he's in.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't believe I want him in Denver either... I'd prefer a defensive focus at HC.

Chiefshrink

Like Denver I'm assuming:shrug:

Hootie
Jim has his choice of jobs. He's the hottest coaching commodity right now. WTF would he want the Panthers job?

ROFL

uhm

Andrew Luck?

Did you see that guy yesterday? That dude is going to be an instant superstar...

so lets see

what is the ONE KEY to success in the NFL?

kysirsoze

Where should he go, then? There aren't a lot of coach openings on good teams.

Elway was at the Orange Bowl last night and the announcers speculated he might be wooing Harbaugh a bit. (Yes, I know he went to Stanford)

DJ's left nut
Luck is the best prospect since Manning? Better even?

I don't see it. Maybe Eli Manning, but not Peyton.

I like Luck and see him having one of the highest floors of any QB prospect in a long time. However, I also don't see him having much of a ceiling either. His arm is adequate. He's accurate, but not as accurate as Bradford was.

In fact, every time I've seen him play I've come away thinking "yeah, that guy will be pretty good" but I've never pegged him for greatness.

Eli Manning is a pretty good comparable, IMO.

doomy3
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM

#1 pick in the draft and a great running game?

Not a bad gig, if the front office will spend some money.

Chiefnj2

I like Luck and see him having one of the highest floors of any QB prospect in a long time. However, I also don't see him having much of a ceiling either. His arm is adequate. He's accurate, but not as accurate as Bradford was.

In fact, every time I've seen him play I've come away thinking "yeah, that guy will be pretty good" but I've never pegged him for greatness.

Luck is better than E. Manning was.

kysirsoze

Peyton is my best friend's favorite player of all time and he thinks Luck looks better coming out than Peyton did.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
well Trent Dilfer called him the best QB prospect he's ever seen...

so I guess I'll take his word over yours, DJ...no offense

Rams Fan
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Really? Just move em to LA already. Jesus.

That wouldn't make sense at all. They haven't had any attendance issues, but their owner runs the team that way. And the new HC probably will be Grimm.

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 03:13 PM

I only got to see bits of the game last night, but he made some pretty amazing throws. Only the second game I've seen him in and I was amazed.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:13 PM
#1 pick in the draft and a great running game?

Not a bad gig, if the front office will spend some money.

shit..

Stewart and Goodson are a dangerous running game...and assuming they let DeAngelo walk they'll get a compensatory pick for him as well...

There are WAY WORSE jobs than the Panthers job...and he gets to grow into an NFL head coach with a guy he's been coaching the past few years...

the Panthers is a perfect spot for both guys

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 03:14 PM
That wouldn't make sense at all. They haven't had any attendance issues, but their owner runs the team that way. And the new HC probably will be Grimm.

Not saying it will happen. Just saying if they are cheaping out on the HC it sounds like a "Major League" style run the team into the ground scenario. You need a good coach to win championships in the NFL.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Luck is better than E. Manning was.

I'm not sure I disagree with that. He probably is a slightly better prospect than Eli was.

But I'm talking in terms of his ceiling. I can see him being a guy that is a consistently good quarterback with some very good seasons. But I just don't see the guy being a stud. I'm not sure he has the arm for it and I honestly question if he has the swagger for it.

I could be way off, but I always feel a little underwhelmed watching Luck.

He's good, perhaps even very good, but 'instant superstar?'? I just don't see it.

DeezNutz
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM

When was this? Was this before the game, which also aired on ESPN, the organization that Dilfer's worthless ass works for?

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:16 PM
so you're saying a QB needs a rocket arm to be a superstar?

I think Peyton has an underrated arm...he actually has a much better arm than people give him credit for...but neither Peyton or Tom are ever chucking the ball 80 yards...

I have no idea what a CANNON arm does for a QB...if you can make the throws you need to make (like Luck, Manning and Brady)...why the fuck do you need a JeMarcus Russell cannon?

Rams Fan
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Not saying it will happen. Just saying if they are cheaping out on the HC it sounds like a "Major League" style run the team into the ground scenario. You need a good coach to win championships in the NFL.

And that's what Fox was. He just wore out his welcome in Carolina. And I'm about to be pissed if the Rams lose their OC to Cleveland(but that's another story).

dirk digler
What about Jimmy Clausen? I thought he was all world

Hootie
When was this? Was this before the game, which also aired on ESPN, the organization that Dilfer's worthless ass works for?

oh got it

this game

yep...we're all smarter than Trent Dilfer because ESPN forces Trent Dilfer to spew out the opinions of the network...

blah blah blah blah blah

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:18 PM
What about Jimmy?:)

I don't know but I'm cheering for Hamas to get the #1 pick in the mock so he can pass on Luck...

he wouldn't do that, would he?

Rams Fan
01-04-2011, 03:19 PM
shit..

Stewart and Goodson are a dangerous running game...and assuming they let DeAngelo walk they'll get a compensatory pick for him as well...

There are WAY WORSE jobs than the Panthers job...and he gets to grow into an NFL head coach with a guy he's been coaching the past few years...

the Panthers is a perfect spot for both guys

This. One of the reasons the Panthers were as bad as they were last year was injuries. Their defense is decent when healthy and they have some talent. Denver's a worse spot, IMO, than Carolina.

dirk digler
I don't know but I'm cheering for Hamas to get the #1 pick in the mock so he can pass on Luck...

He might and then choose Gabbert

DJ's left nut

Oh, I'll openly acknowledge that mine's just a gut feeling with him. A lot of guys think he'll be great, folks with far better resumes than I have.

I'm just not wowed by the guy. Time will tell.

DeezNutz
01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
oh got it

this game

yep...we're all smarter than Trent Dilfer because ESPN forces Trent Dilfer to spew out the opinions of the network...

blah blah blah blah blah

Not necessarily, but ESPN has been ridiculously touting every single bowl game. Did you hear the love for Mallett last night? What a "special" player he is? blah blah blah blah blah...

It's Trent fucking Dilfer. LMAO. Didn't he also pick Tech to win last night?

Oh, and Tony G. used to say that Thigpen was a great QB.

Rams Fan

Could I pick in the mock? I even flat out said Clausen would fall in the 2nd.

MoreLemonPledge
What about Jimmy Clausen? I thought he was all world

Nah, the draftabulators will never admit their mistake with Clausen.

DeezNutz
01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Jaws was highly complimentary of Luck last night, and I respect that guy's opinion of QBs. He was one of the few who argued that Cutler was the superior prospect compared to Young and Leinart.

DaKCMan AP
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Peyton is my best friend's favorite player of all time and he thinks Luck looks better coming out than Peyton did.

Is your best friend Hootie?

DaKCMan AP
01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't believe I want him in Denver either... I'd prefer a defensive focus at HC.

I don't want Harbaugh in Dungver either.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Could I pick in the mock? I even flat out said Clausen would fall in the 2nd.

no you have to be on an exclusive list and they all have to vote you in...trust me, they wouldn't let me do it and I'm as regular as anyone on this board.

it's all a love fest where they regurgitate picks from their favorite experts and pretend it is their own opinion...and then they all pat each other on the back for their picks and act like they individually scouted some of these "diamonds in the rough" and that they found them all by themselves when they were going over the game tape they bought on Ebay...

I think the only one in DraftPlanet that did any thinking for himself and had no alliances to anyone and actually watched a game or two to form an actual opinion was BossChief...of course he was chastised and yelled at for suggesting Moeaki would be a good pick but what does he know!??!

we traded two picks for Moeaki!!!

oh and everyone made fun of the Pats for drafting so many TE's...you know...because questioning the Pats is a good idea...who, you know, once again showed they had a plan (as usual) and got rid of Randy Moss to feature their new offense with Gronkowski/Hernandez playing a ton of snaps...

but these guys are gurus so lets not question them EVER again...

Gabbert for #1

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
so you're saying a QB needs a rocket arm to be a superstar?

I think Peyton has an underrated arm...he actually has a much better arm than people give him credit for...but neither Peyton or Tom are ever chucking the ball 80 yards...

I have no idea what a CANNON arm does for a QB...if you can make the throws you need to make (like Luck, Manning and Brady)...why the **** do you need a JeMarcus Russell cannon?

I'm not saying you need a cannon.

But I'm also not sure he can truly 'make all the throws' he needs to make. I think he has an average NFL arm and the average NFL arm will struggle on deep outs, etc... because he has to muscle up to get there. When he does, the ball's not quite as accurate.

And if you're not going to have an elite arm and you want to be an above average QB, you need to either have pinpoint accuracy (Bradford) or QB savvy that is off the charts (Brady).

I don't see Luck being quite that accurate, but I could see him developing into a guy like Brady that simply never makes a stupid decision. At the same time, that's the absolute most difficult thing to spot going into a draft. It's why guys like Brady and Montana went so low; it's just hard to really know that. And Brady also thinks he's the biggest swingin' dick around; dude has confidence to spare and I think that's a huge part of what makes him so successful. Luck's a pretty quiet, unassuming kid and that spooks me a little with my franchise QB, especially if I'm tossing around titles like "better than Peyton" or "instant star" - that's a damn lofty perch.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Is your best friend Hootie?

well

this oughtta be another year of vindication for me

people wrote off the Colts after the Chargers game despite me saying "hey, they are the Colts, they are still going to win that division"...

now they are the 3 seed and EVERYONE is picking against them...

real smart guys

keep betting against Peyton

geniouses

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
god damnit are we really back to talking about 40 yard outs in the NFL?!?!? Christ.

dirk digler
no you have to be on an exclusive list and they all have to vote you in...trust me, they wouldn't let me do it and I'm as regular as anyone on this board.

it's all a love fest where they regurgitate picks from their favorite experts and pretend it is their own opinion...and then they all pat each other on the back for their picks and act like they individually scouted some of these "diamonds in the rough" and that they found them all by themselves when they were going over the game tape they bought on Ebay...

I think the only one in DraftPlanet that did any thinking for himself and had no alliances to anyone and actually watched a game or two to form an actual opinion was BossChief...of course he was chastised and yelled at for suggesting Moeaki would be a good pick but what does he know!??!

we traded two picks for Moeaki!!!

oh and everyone made fun of the Pats for drafting so many TE's...you know...because questioning the Pats is a good idea...who, you know, once again showed they had a plan (as usual) and got rid of Randy Moss to feature their new offense with Gronkowski/Hernandez playing a ton of snaps...

but these guys are gurus so lets not question them EVER again...

Gabbert for #1

There will be at least one spot available since Mecca went AWOL because the Chiefs are winning.

Hootie
the Colts are 2.5 point favorites AT HOME against the Jets

that's FREE money

please

everyone

take my advice

bet the Colts heavy

MoreLemonPledge
01-04-2011, 03:28 PM
geniouses

ROFL

DonTellMeShowMe
F*** no he's coming to SF.....

please o please

DJ's left nut
god damnit are we really back to talking about 40 yard outs in the NFL?!?!? Christ.

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

This is why I was stupid to attempt to actually discuss anything with you.

Go back to constructing straw men and pizza boxes, fuckstick. You're just not worth the dialogue.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:29 PM
ROFL

when are you n00bs going to stop n00bing yourselves?

dirk digler
well

this oughtta be another year of vindication for me

people wrote off the Colts after the Chargers game despite me saying "hey, they are the Colts, they are still going to win that division"...

now they are the 3 seed and EVERYONE is picking against them...

real smart guys

keep betting against Peyton

geniouses

You weren't the only one I never doubted Peyton. I couldn't believe people actually wanted the Chiefs to play them in the first round if they dropped that far.

Hootie
Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

This is why I was stupid to attempt to actually discuss anything with you.

Go back to constructing straw men and pizza boxes, ****stick. You're just not worth the dialogue.

Peyton and Brady would be ALL WORLD if only they could throw that 40 yard out!

Chiefnj2
I'd give KC's 1st in the next two drafts for Luck.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I really wish the Jags would have won last week so when Collins botched that snap to give the Colts the win everyone could have shouted "conspiracy!" against the NFL to put the Colts in the playoffs.

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
hey DJ rumor has it Blaine Gabbert was seen completing 10 straight 60 yard outs before their bowl game...

think we should take him if he falls to our pick?

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Peyton and Brady would be ALL WORLD if only they could throw that 40 yard out!

Nevermind the fact that I already gave you what I believe to be the distinction between Brady and Luck.

Go back to telling us all how shitty Brandon Carr is and patting yourself on the back for changing your mind weekly on Carson Palmer.

"Man, I'm totally awesome! I'm the only guy that thought the Colts wouldn't win the division..." Yeah - we all thought it was going to be the Jaguars, who we piss-pounded or the Texans, who found new and interesting ways to lose every single week. You were totally the only guy on that bandwagon, oh wise Sage that you are.

Just keep reminding yourself how great you are while crafting staw men to show others just how wrong they were.

You really aren't worth a bucket of piss.

Rams Fan

that's FREE money

please

everyone

take my advice

bet the Colts heavy

Saints are 10.5 favorites in Seattle...

DeezNutz
hey DJ rumor has it Blaine Gabbert was seen completing 10 straight 60 yard outs before their bowl game...

Where's Gabbert going to fall in the draft, "meat dragon"? Are you going to go on record to cement further your year of vindication?

DJ's left nut

Remember when I advised you to go on constructing straw men?

Nicely done.

Chiefnj2
01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Luck had a 71% completion percentage. What's with the "he's not that accurate" BS?

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Saints are 10.5 favorites in Seattle...

I wouldn't touch that game with a 50 foot pole and the only bets I would make would be the Saints in a teaser or a small bet on the Seahawks money line...

not touching that one...

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Where's Gabbert going to fall in the draft, "meat dragon"? Are you going to go on record to cement further your year of vindication?

no fucking idea

I don't pretend I know where guys are going to go...

I know Luck looks like the real deal...

other than that I'll cherry pick my guys from my favorite experts just like everyone else...

but I won't pretend like they are my own ideas

DeezNutz
01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
no ****ing idea

I don't pretend I know where guys are going to go...

I know Luck looks like the real deal...

other than that I'll cherry pick my guys from my favorite experts just like everyone else...

but I won't pretend like they are my own ideas

Fair enough.

Vindication? http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6749993&highlight=Carr#post6749993

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Remember when I advised you to go on constructing straw men?

Nicely done.

rumor has it he completed 1 85 yard out, too...but he threw it so hard the camera couldn't keep up and the receiver blacked out after the throw so there is no evidence...but damn

an 85 yard laser out?!? he could be the best ever

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Fair enough.

Vindication? http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6749993&highlight=Carr#post6749993

and I've said 10 times in the last month how wrong I was about Carr...

totally, 100% wrong

I thought he sucked last year...and was a system CB

he's totally proven me wrong this year...as he's been our best DB the last 6 weeks...Berry being a close 2nd and Flowers falling way back down to earth

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Luck had a 71% completion percentage. What's with the "he's not that accurate" BS?

Didn't say he wasn't accurate.

I said I don't think he's as accurate as Bradford. Yeah, he had a fantastic season, but lets not forget that he was at 56% the season before.

Sure, maybe he just got a lot better - but don't you think that's a little suspect? Someone just got 15% better? I think the dude spent the season locked in an absolute zone, but when I watch him play there's just nothing that jumps out at me.

I'm not calling the kid dogmeat, but I'm not willing to say he's an instant star and I don't think he's a better prospect than Bradford or Ryan. I damn sure am not going to call him better than P. Manning.

DeezNutz
Eh, I don't believe that Flowers is playing at 100 percent.

For as much shit as Herm takes on this forum, some justified and much not, he laid a fucking sick foundation of talent for this team. Couldn't coach it for shit, but he has to get a lot of credit for being the HC during some very solid drafts.

Hootie
and I've never changed my mind on Palmer...

however

it appears that if they'd get rid of those prima donna assholes 85 and 81 and give him some team players with a decent ground attack he can be an effective NFL QB...

well I thought that until I saw him choke on dick on a 4th and 2 throw to beat the Ravens when...instead of taking a shot, or a hit, or anything...he just heaved it out of bounds like they had another down or something...that was stupid as hell...

almost as stupid as completing a 9 yard pass to the 2 on 1st and 10 from the 11 and then spiking the ball with 30 seconds left like they needed all of that time to run 3 plays...so they had 2 shots instead of 3...

and then they threw a dumbass fade that had no shot...and then Palmer threw the ball out of bounds for no reason and they lost

that was some Herm-esque football if I've ever seen any...

it was almost like they told Carson if they scored he was cut for lowering their draft pick

Hootie
01-04-2011, 03:42 PM
what is that I'm hearing?!!?!?

In a Missouri practice, Gabbert completed a 100 yard out from his own end zone with three defenders in his face...

dude can literally make all the throws you need to be an NFL QB!

Chiefnj2
01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Didn't say he wasn't accurate.

I said I don't think he's as accurate as Bradford. Yeah, he had a fantastic season, but lets not forget that he was at 56% the season before.

Sure, maybe he just got a lot better - but don't you think that's a little suspect? Someone just got 15% better? I think the dude spent the season locked in an absolute zone, but when I watch him play there's just nothing that jumps out at me.

I'm not calling the kid dogmeat, but I'm not willing to say he's an instant star and I don't think he's a better prospect than Bradford or Ryan. I damn sure am not going to call him better than P. Manning.

56% is acceptable for a first year starter in a non spread system. He's a much better college player than Ryan was. Ryan was not consistent in big games.

Frosty
01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Stanford has good TE's but their wideouts are pretty marginal, which would affect that accuracy rating.

zonachief
01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Luck is the best qb prospect I've seen since.....well Sam Bradford. Bradford, in my eyes was the best I've seen since Peyton.

zonachief
01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Plus why would Carolina hitch that entire franchise to the luck- harbaugh bandwagon. I like them both but if you bring in both and its a epic failure its a huge setback at the two most important spots on your team.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 04:09 PM
56% is acceptable for a first year starter in a non spread system. He's a much better college player than Ryan was. Ryan was not consistent in big games.

Don't just ignore his first year after he sat as a redshirt.

C'mon - the kid went 10/30 against Cal in what was arguably their biggest game of the season in '09. And yeah, I'm aware that it was his first season, but it does speak to this 'instant superstar' stuff. Bradford nailed a 69% as a freshman. It's not impossible to hit the ground at full speed and keep it up. Luck has shown that he has a bit of a learning curve.

Don't diefy the guy and don't just disregard his past because you like the picture his most recent 5 games paints better.

What I do like about him (and what I hate about the fact that he went to Stanford) is that he throws well on the move, unlike a lot of guys we've seen come out over the years. It's going to insprire a lot of Elway comparisons that are pretty unfair, IMO.

Again - every time I try to make a nuanced point around here I have to do this shit - SAYING SOMEONE MAY NOT BE GOD IS NOT ME SAYING THAT HE SUCKS DONKEY DICKS! The inverse is also true.

Andrew Luck is clearly the #1 overall pick this season and the best QB in the draft. But he's also the same guy that was pretty mediocre the year before and simply never really floored me in the handful of games I saw him play.

FringeNC
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Luck has the intangibles and physical tools. He's as low-risk as you can get taking a QB #1.

Extra Point
01-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Luck has the intangibles and physical tools. He's as low-risk as you can get taking a QB #1.

THIS.

Harbaugh could take him anywhere, even Michigan, in a stretch.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM

that's FREE money

please

everyone

take my advice

bet the Colts heavy

Take my advice and don't bet too heavy. Indy is losing that game.

MahiMike
01-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I read another article today that said the Panthers have one of the highest payrolls in the league. Not a very good ROI right now.

Plus, didn't they sign some kid named Jimmy?

Hootie
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Indy will lose to the jets????? Hahahaha...please

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

DeezNutz
01-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Take my advice and don't bet too heavy. Indy is losing that game.

I think so, too.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Indy will lose to the jets????? Hahahaha...please

Hey, I'm just a drafturbater trying to help you out.

Brock
01-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I read another article today that said the Panthers have one of the highest payrolls in the league. Not a very good ROI right now.

Plus, didn't they sign some kid named Jimmy?

They can trade Jimmy if need be.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 05:07 PM

The Florida Gators may give up a 5th rounder for him.

MoreLemonPledge
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM

HE'S WORTH A TOP 5 DRAFT PICK.

The_Doctor10
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm not saying you need a cannon.

And if you're not going to have an elite arm and you want to be an above average QB, you need to either have pinpoint accuracy (Bradford) or QB savvy that is off the charts (Brady).

Is Tom Ace's arm strength a concern now?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
HE'S WORTH A TOP 5 DRAFT PICK.

A long, long, time ago..............

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2011, 06:04 PM
The thing about Luck is that he supposedly has the best intangibles imaginable. Everyone raves about his intelligence, leadership, football IQ, and his memory.

His physical tools are superior but not otherworldly. He doesn't have the arm of Stafford or the short range accuracy of Bradford. Nevertheless, he'd be a #1 overall in almost any of the last 10 drafts.

He's not going to be an instant superstar, though. He will still struggle his first two years like every NFL QB does.

I think he projects as a better version of Troy Aikman.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
The thing about Luck is that he supposedly has the best intangibles imaginable. Everyone raves about his intelligence, leadership, football IQ, and his memory.

His physical tools are superior but not otherworldly. He doesn't have the arm of Stafford or the short range accuracy of Bradford. Nevertheless, he'd be a #1 overall in almost any of the last 10 drafts.

He's not going to be an instant superstar, though. He will still struggle his first two years like every NFL QB does.

I think he projects as a better version of Troy Aikman.

I see more of a Jim Kelly in Luck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Is Hootie retarded?

Wait, don't answer that.

-King-
01-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Is Hootie retarded?

Wait, don't answer that.

What has he said that's retarded?

Anywhooo...I think Luck is like Matt Ryan. He looks like a mature, football smart, very intelligent quarterback just like how Ryan looked going into the draft. That's the best comparison I can make right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Hamas chimed in and called his aikman, eh? I watched him play one game and he looked damn good...so if that means he's aikman, marino, manning or brady...sign me up for any of them if I'm a panthers fan...and bring his coach with him.

LaChapelle
01-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Well-regarded defensive coordinator Greg Manusky will interview (http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/04/11/49ers-Manusky-set-to-interview-for-Panth/landing_niners.html?blockID=385021&feedID=2539) for the Carolina Panthers head coaching job, according to Matt Maiocco of Comcast Bay Area. PFT

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Updated: January 4, 2011, 7:02 PM ETSources: Panthers to pick Andrew Luck
ESPN.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- If Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck decides to enter the 2011 draft, the Carolina Panthers will take him, two high-ranking team officials said Tuesday.

Mike and Mike in the Morning
ESPN NFL draft analyst Todd McShay says he will grade Stanford QB Andrew Luck as high as any QB prospect over the last 10 years.

A redshirt sophomore, Luck finished his season in Monday night's Discover Orange Bowl and has until Jan. 15 to declare if he will enter the draft. Although there have been reports indicating Luck may choose to stay in college, the Panthers remain optimistic he will turn pro.

Luck is viewed as the top prospect in the country by most draft analysts and the Panthers don't disagree with that assessment. The team officials said they wouldn't even consider trading down in the draft if Luck is available.

Luck deflected questions on his future after Stanford's victory Monday night.

"I think there are a lot of worse decisions you might have to make in life," Luck said. "I don't mean to be rude, but I'd rather not address that subject anymore."

2011 NFL Draft
The Carolina Panthers are officially on the clock. Stay tuned to the Scouts Inc. draft blog for all your 2011 NFL draft coverage. Blog

• Mel Kiper: The Big Board | Index
• Projected first-round order
• Draft Index | Draft on Twitter

There has been some speculation that Luck and Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh could be a package deal. But in a news conference Tuesday to discuss the coaching search, Carolina owner Jerry Richardson said the team has not had any contact with Harbaugh. The team officials said they don't expect that to change.

The Panthers already have requested permission to interview San Diego defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and New York Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. Although the team officials said they won't rule out candidates from the college ranks, they said the hire likely will be an NFL coordinator.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Hamas chimed in and called his aikman, eh? I watched him play one game and he looked damn good...so if that means he's aikman, marino, manning or brady...sign me up for any of them if I'm a panthers fan...and bring his coach with him.

"Brady is a system quarterback"

Why would you want him?

DJ's left nut
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Listen to the Dilfer/Simmons podcast on ESPN.

Here's a direct quote from Mr. Dilfer...

"I don't know if he does one thing better than anybody, but he does not do a single thing bad....maybe the term I should change it to is 'he's the most complete prospect'

Now here's the money quote:

..."One, I want to put a sidenote - another very gifted player in this draft who I would be saying almost equally good things about, is this Blaine Gabbert from Missouri."

He's pretty much your standard breathless commentator. Next season is going to be the next best quarterback since Elway.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Listen to the Dilfer/Simmons podcast on ESPN.

Here's a direct quote from Mr. Dilfer...

"I don't know if he does one thing better than anybody, but he does not do a single thing bad....maybe the term I should change it to is 'he's the most complete prospect'

Now here's the money quote:

..."One, I want to put a sidenote - another very gifted player in this draft who I would be saying almost equally good things about, is this Blaine Gabbert from Missouri."

He's pretty much your standard breathless commentator. Next season is going to be the next best quarterback since Elway.

The fact that it's Dilfer should be akin to Jeff George saying someone is "great" at the QB position.

That's some good ol' fashioned True Fan bullshit right there, Hootie-pie.LMAO

DeezNutz
01-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Hang on here...perhaps Dilfer isn't as fucking stupid as I thought?

DJ's left nut
01-06-2011, 12:44 PM
The fact that it's Dilfer should be akin to Jeff George saying someone is "great" at the QB position.

That's some good ol' fashioned True Fan bullshit right there, Hootie-pie.LMAO

Dilfer's actually a pretty good analyst when he's just talking football generally or just breaking down plays.

But when it comes time to discuss individuals, he's very Melrose-ish in his responses. Barry Melrose believes every player in the NHL is the absolute best in the history of the profession at something.

Some broadcasters are just completely incapable of toning down the rhetoric. That doesn't mean they're not smart or insightful, it just means that they have to be taken with a grain of salt. Those guys that hyperventilate a little bit need to be analyzed more closely.

DJ's left nut
01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Okay, there are some damn goldmines in here...

"If Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow all got into an SUV to go grab a burger - they'd all flip the keys to Mark Sanchez. He's the Alpha Male that other Alpha Males will follow..."

Nah - we don't get any breathless panting from this guy at all. None.

(Though he did just start to blister Elvis Grbac for being a gutless pussy)