PDA

View Full Version : Life Homeless man with an amazing voice

Sure-Oz
01-04-2011, 10:45 PM
This video got posted today and is flying...Golden Voice Ted Williams...

He now has an official twitter account http://twitter.com/GoldenVoice614 and will be on the radio tomorrow with wnci 97.9 hope he gets a job, amazing voice.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTysXITBCmk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTysXITBCmk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edit:fake twitter account

here is his agents http://twitter.com/battleplanpromo twitter...he will be on the today show, jimmy fallon etc now

WebGem
01-04-2011, 10:47 PM
ROFL

WTF

Dante84
01-04-2011, 10:49 PM
He should try saying, "Hi, I'd like an application"

AT

ANY

FUCKING

FAST FOOD RESTAURANT

ANYWHERE.

People who beg instead of filling out applications are assholes.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 10:51 PM

AT

ANY

****ING

FAST FOOD RESTAURANT

ANYWHERE.

Generally.

But he clearly did it by design. The guy wasn't just a lazy douche trying to get a few bucks without working as much as he was clearly trying to get people to talk to him and get his name/story out there.

I tip my cap to the guy. He is open about his shortcomings and honest about his failures. He also hasn't given up on his dream or his talent.

Good luck homeless guy, you damn sure have the face for radio.

Dante84
01-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Generally.

But he clearly did it by design. The guy wasn't just a lazy douche trying to get a few bucks without working as much as he was clearly trying to get people to talk to him and get his name/story out there.

I tip my cap to the guy. He is open about his shortcomings and honest about his failures. He also hasn't given up on his dream or his talent.

Good luck homeless guy, you damn sure have the face for radio.

Right. And I get the whole "marketing" aspect of it. But the dude's been clean for two years.

He should have a job. So that he can pay rent. And get a hair cut. And take a shower. And then go apply for an internship. Or get in front of an agent. And then get a job doing what he likes.

Sorry to sound callous, i just have very little respect for homeless people. When I was in school at KSU, homeless people would rip open our trash and dig for cans, leaving a mess every week. One even walked into our house and was in the basement just looking for shit. He said, "is Reggie here?" and we said no. He then said, "Oh, my bad."

I had two friends get stabbed by a homeless lady on Mass street in Lawrence. Another friend of my got jumped by a homeless guy behind Louisa's.

I know I'm generalizing, but for fuck's sake. Its not that hard in the land of opportunity, to earn a god damned opportunity.

WebGem
01-04-2011, 11:01 PM
One even walked into our house and was in the basement just looking for shit. He said, "is Reggie here?" and we said no. He then said, "Oh, my bad."

ROFL

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Right. And I get the whole "marketing" aspect of it. But the dude's been clean for two years.

He should have a job. So that he can pay rent. And get a hair cut. And take a shower. And then go apply for an internship. Or get in front of an agent. And then get a job doing what he likes.

Sorry to sound callous, i just have very little respect for homeless people. When I was in school at KSU, homeless people would rip open our trash and dig for cans, leaving a mess every week. One even walked into our house and was in the basement just looking for shit. He said, "is Reggie here?" and we said no. He then said, "Oh, my bad."

I had two friends get stabbed by a homeless lady on Mass street in Lawrence. Another friend of my got jumped by a homeless guy behind Louisa's.

I know I'm generalizing, but for ****'s sake. Its not that hard in the land of opportunity, to earn a god damned opportunity.

If this dude walked up to me and did a couple of promo tags like that I would consider the change I gave him a tip. He's practically a street performer. (Albeit almost definitely unlicensed) Dude got clean and is probably gonna get a job out of this where he might not have if he was flipping burgers. Looks like he's finding his "god damned opportunity."

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm a pretty heartless dick myself.

But if you watch the guy, he genuinely seems sincere. Now some folks are just really good liars, but you can see his expression change to legitimately pained introspection when he's talking about his past with drugs and alcohol.

Ultimately - who's to say he isn't doing exactly what you suggested. Perhaps he's tried to get an agent but if you're a guy working on commission (as most agents are), is that a guy you spend a lot of time on?

He seems intelligent, he's certainly articulate (even without the voice) and more critically - he's contrite.

In my mind, he's earned the benefit of the doubt here.

SLAG
01-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Repost

from the epic fail thread

but its good so i'll allow it

Dante84
01-04-2011, 11:10 PM
ROFL

Dude was like 6'5", 300 lbs. He had a Kimbo Slice beard.

It was pretty funny, in retrospect, because it was only me and one of my roomates home at the time.

That roommate was 5'8", 150 lbs soaking wet. He had nerd glasses, too.

We were just hung over, eating chipotle and watching some bullshit Steven Segal movie on TBS, when we heard the back door open, and none of our other roomies walked in to the living room.

We were like, "uhhhhhhh" then went to the stairs because we heard footsteps going down.

This guys looks up the stairs at us, asks for Reggie, then walks up the stairs between us and out into the late fall afternoon.

Dante84
01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Hawkchief said you were dead, but I didn't believe him! Glad to have you back!

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 11:11 PM

But if you watch the guy, he genuinely seems sincere. Now some folks are just really good liars, but you can see his expression change to legitimately pained introspection when he's talking about his past with drugs and alcohol.

Ultimately - who's to say he isn't doing exactly what you suggested. Perhaps he's tried to get an agent but if you're a guy working on commission (as most agents are), is that a guy you spend a lot of time on?

He seems intelligent, he's certainly articulate (even without the voice) and more critically - he's contrite.

I don't think most agents would touch this guy. There's a lot more to being a successful voice over artist than talent. He would represent that agency every time he goes out for anything. This kind of viral promotion is the best thing that could have happened to him, IMO, and it would be less likely to happen if he got some minimum wage job. At those jobs he couldn't tell his story or rattle off promo tags. Out on the street he can just be himself and that's what he's selling.

kysirsoze
01-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Hawkchief said you were dead, but I didn't believe him! Glad to have you back!

LMAO

Dante84
01-04-2011, 11:12 PM

Fair enough, I'm just bitter about not winning the lottery still. So I'm taking it out on him.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Fair enough, I'm just bitter about not winning the lottery still. So I'm taking it out on him.

LMAO

DJ's left nut
01-04-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't think most agents would touch this guy. There's a lot more to being a successful voice over artist than talent. He would represent that agency every time he goes out for anything. This kind of viral promotion is the best thing that could have happened to him, IMO, and it would be less likely to happen if he got some minimum wage job. At those jobs he couldn't tell his story or rattle off promo tags. Out on the street he can just be himself and that's what he's selling.

Exactly.

Convention wasn't going to cut it for this guy. So he gambled on himself and appears to have bet well.

Good for him.

-King-
01-04-2011, 11:32 PM

How? It's not as easy as you're trying to make it. Especially when fighting an alcohol/drug addiction. How exactly was he going to go get a haircut, a suit, in order to get a job interview?

Most homeless people deserve to be homeless for the dumb shit that they continually do but this guy seems sincere in wanting to change. The thing is, nobody until now has given him an opportunity for that. He can't just walk into a place of employment and think he's going to get a job. Who the fuck would hire him looking like he does?

Now that his video is out there, hopefully (and I'm 100% sure it does happen) he will get the opportunity he's been looking for.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2011, 11:38 PM
He would've fit in as a concessions guy at the royals game

Dante84
01-04-2011, 11:41 PM
How? It's not as easy as you're trying to make it. Especially when fighting an alcohol/drug addiction. How exactly was he going to go get a haircut, a suit, in order to get a job interview?

Re-read my post.

1. According to him, he's been clean 2 years.
2. I said he needs to get a job (mcdonalds, wal-mart greeter - no suit needed)
3. I said he then needs to get the haircut (with the money from the job).
4. Then he can pursue his dream job.

To answer your question about the suit, he can go to Salvation Army, and spend pennies on the dollar, with the money from his job that he has. OR he can use the money he earned from begging after a week.

TinyEvel
01-04-2011, 11:52 PM
True story....

I went to my first AA meeting in August of 2007. Some random meeting near my office. During the break I'm in the bathroom and a guy in the other stall starts talking about some stuff that just happened in the meeting, just making conversation...Well, I said, "You have an interesting voice. I make TV and radio commercials, would you like to audition for one?"

He mentioned the he used to be a radio DJ and voice actor until drugs and alcohol ruined everything he had. Everything. He was basically this guy in the video.

He didn't get the part I brought him in for, but it inspired him to get a demo tape together and he is now working regularly and I've even cast him in a few spots.

More power to this guy in this video. No matter how far you fall, you can always claw your way back up. I've seen it firsthand.

Wyndex
01-05-2011, 12:20 AM
people on reddit.com have put this guy up with the radio station and donated some money to him, a phone (i'm guessing that's how he has twitter now lol) and a suit for his interview

some listener of the show called in and said they'd donate $15,000 towards this guy's salary if they hired him

if they don't hire him their loss, people are lining up for this guy...as far out as the UK

alnorth
01-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I hope he's now got his head screwed on straight, because this is really exploding. If he is smart about it, he could turn his very clever attempt at exposure into a whole lot of money.

beach tribe
01-05-2011, 03:57 AM

I've known a few addicts in my day, and if he was enough of one that it put him on the street, he's still doing it. Trust me. He's still a junkie bum, and they are ALL good liars, but in most cases they don't have to lie when they reflect on their demons, because they are all ashamed of it, but that doesn't mean that dollar you give him isn't going to the glass dick.

beach tribe
01-05-2011, 04:01 AM
I hope he's now got his head screwed on straight, because this is really exploding. If he is smart about it, he could turn his very clever attempt at exposure into a whole lot of Crack.
FYP

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/seltzernator/tyronebiggums.gif

OhH!

A Macrafon!

Phobia
01-05-2011, 04:09 AM
I liked it. If I had need of his talent I'd hire him in a heartbeat.

-King-
01-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Pushead2
01-05-2011, 05:07 AM
wow, good luck to him. He definitely seemed sincere about getting it together.

beach tribe
01-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Let me put it to you like this guys.

Drug addicts can afford to support their habit by pan handling. Some studies show that a panhandler can EASILY make 100 a day. This guy has been clean for two years he says?
He has ZERO bills living on the street. So at 30 bucks a day living expenses(which is alot when you're not buying any gas/TP/soap/etc. etc. and 100 bucks a day begging.
He should be carrying around roughly $55,000 in his hobo bag. Even at half that 27,000.
I would be willing to bet he's got 75cents in his front left pocket, a broken car antenna in
his front right, and a piece of brillo pad in his back pocket where his wallet used to be before he sold it.

TimeForWasp
01-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Let me put it to you like this guys.

Drug addicts can afford to support their habit by pan handling. Some studies show that a panhandler can EASILY make 100 a day. This guy has been clean for two years he says?
He has ZERO bills living on the street. So at 30 bucks a day living expenses(which is alot when you're not buying any gas/TP/soap/etc. etc. and 100 bucks a day begging.
He should be carrying around roughly $55,000 in his hobo bag. Even at half that 27,000.
I would be willing to bet he's got 75cents in his front left pocket, a broken car antenna in
his front right, and a piece of brillo pad in his back pocket where his wallet used to be before he sold it.

What kind of car antenna did you use beach?

Pushead2
01-05-2011, 06:35 AM
I think he's on the early show right now actually.

Pushead2
01-05-2011, 06:38 AM
he'll be on after the break.

Pushead2
01-05-2011, 06:45 AM
wow, I'm glad to see he's getting a second shot. Truly sincere man

JD10367
01-05-2011, 06:50 AM
I call bullshit. Everyone knows Ted Williams's head is in the freezer next to Walt Disney's.

TimeForWasp
01-05-2011, 06:51 AM
This video got posted today and is flying...Golden Voice Ted Williams...

He now has an official twitter account http://twitter.com/GoldenVoice614 and will be on the radio tomorrow with wnci 97.9 hope he gets a job, amazing voice.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTysXITBCmk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTysXITBCmk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

We should send a chiefs video to this guy and pay him to narrate it. That would be cool.

Rukdafaidas
01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
We should send a chiefs video to this guy and pay him to narrate it. That would be cool.

Yeah, text him to get his email address to send the video.

suds79
01-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Well if he didn't have a job before hand, surely he'll got some voiceover opportunities now.

Would be interesting to see where he is in a year.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
One in a million.

Get off my parkin lot just the same.

raybec 4
01-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Being a nasty fuckin hobo that has made enough bad life choices to put him on the corner (cause that shit doesn't happen in a hurry) doesn't make his voice all that appealing or his story so awesome. Go to work rummy

SLAG
01-05-2011, 08:46 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_6TBTP-EJI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_6TBTP-EJI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Saulbadguy
01-05-2011, 08:49 AM

AT

ANY

FUCKING

FAST FOOD RESTAURANT

ANYWHERE.

I bet he makes more money pan handling than he would at McDonalds.

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 08:49 AM
That'll be a great story until the 'other things' he mentioned after drugs and alcohol turns out to be "buggering little boys".

I typically don't feel very sorry for people that don't make effort to help themselves, but I did get the vibe that this guy was pretty sincere and open about his problem on that video...He admitted he'd F'd his life up with dope.

Hopefully he does have his head on enough to use this opportunity. Hell, I'd like to hear him narrating the 2011 Chiefs Superbowl Run video. it'll be an ironic twist of unanticipated success for both.

that bad news is that if he had his shit together, he wouldn't be pan handling on a street corner or be homeless.

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 08:52 AM
He's destined to work for the Broncos....He's got a horses face that only a mother can love and broken pallet lumber for teeth. He's obviously John Elway's long lost love child.

El Jefe
01-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Update on this story. He was on a #1 rated Radio Station in Columbus today, and they were telling his stories, and they had calls from everyone making offers to this guy for his voice on ads. MTV, Inside Access, ABC, the list goes on and on. WNCI was the station, this guy deserves this chance, and he is going to make a lot of money now. They had a guy call in from Hawaii wanting to do an ad, and he said he would pay for him to fly there, and for an all expenses paid week long vacation for doing a 60 second ad, truly awesome!

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 09:00 AM
That'll be a great story until the 'other things' he mentioned after drugs and alcohol turns out to be "buggering little boys".

I typically don't feel very sorry for people that don't make effort to help themselves, but I did get the vibe that this guy was pretty sincere and open about his problem on that video...He admitted he'd F'd his life up with dope.

Hopefully he does have his head on enough to use this opportunity. Hell, I'd like to hear him narrating the 2011 Chiefs Superbowl Run video. it'll be an ironic twist of unanticipated success for both.

that bad news is that if he had his shit together, he wouldn't be pan handling on a street corner or be homeless.

was it the creepy laugh or the hobo 'good bless you' that made you feel he was pretty sincere?

Hobos are what they are for a reason. It takes a major character flaw to end up on the streets year after year.
Sure he seems nice now when he wants to get something from you. Then when he has it and or you aint around the nasty comes out.

raybec 4
01-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Update on this story. He was on a #1 rated Radio Station in Columbus today, and they were telling his stories, and they had calls from everyone making offers to this guy for his voice on ads. MTV, Inside Access, ABC, the list goes on and on. WNCI was the station, this guy deserves this chance, and he is going to make a lot of money now. They had a guy call in from Hawaii wanting to do an ad, and he said he would pay for him to fly there, and for an all expenses paid week long vacation for doing a 60 second ad, truly awesome!

What makes that true? How many chances that he "deserved" did he totally fuck up? Something tells me it's more than a few.

alnorth
01-05-2011, 09:03 AM
haha, wow. The Cleveland Cavaliers called into the show and offered to give him a full-time job and to pay the mortgage on a house.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 09:04 AM

i hope he repays all the monies that have been taken out of our payroll taxes so he could live on the street with that 1st check.

fuck that guy. for real.

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 09:12 AM
was it the creepy laugh or the hobo 'good bless you' that made you feel he was pretty sincere?

Hobos are what they are for a reason. It takes a major character flaw to end up on the streets year after year.
Sure he seems nice now when he wants to get something from you. Then when he has it and or you aint around the nasty comes out.

I think it was the part where he stopped trying to talk like a Monster truck show ad...SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! BIGFOOT SMASHES A BUS!

When his demeanor looked more humble when he was saying he was a drunk, crackhead and screwed his life up.

I do hope it turns out a good story, but I'm with you on the character flaw that keeps one on the street. He'll probably make a bunch of money, and lose it to shady people or be able to afford better drugs and lose it all again.

I never give money to panhandlers....I give money to a lot of things, and help individuals out sometimes...but I never give to a beggar.

In college on a trip in Columbia, a bum asked my brother and I "got any change for a brother?" and my brother said "got any change for a nickle?" the look was worth the chance at getting shanked.

gblowfish
01-05-2011, 09:16 AM
There's lots of radio guys with great voices out of work. Corporate radio and satellite download of programming have cut staff positions drastically in the last ten years.

I'm glad this one guy got a break though. It's a tough world out there.

Bwana
01-05-2011, 09:21 AM
If he does half the job in his voiceovers as he did at marketing himself, he'll be alright. Not to many people have this kind of luck. It's the guys one shot at removing his head from his behind, handed to him on a silver platter. Don't screw it up.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 09:25 AM
if a drunk asks me for money for booze and i have alittle change i give it to em as long as they stay off the lot.

But thats a rare breed even when they are lucid enough to form a sentence.

You get alot of 'hey mister got any spare change" "im a nam vet"( at 40 ) "do you have a smoke" "i was a marine.army,navy, etal i deserve your change and have a ****ing right to be shitfaced screamin at the moon in your parkin lot whenever i feel like it and i will kill you for sayin anything other"
Those are my favorites.

Then you hear them talk about how much they get from the goverment. Joe gets 1200 a month, bob get two checks, george gets 4.
how the **** do you drink a grand worth of booze in a week?

for real wrap your mind around that one.

At some point one of the local bleeding heart social serv. type places comes around cleans them up, gives em new clothes,shave ect. and i swear to god they will have shit stained pants two days later.
So ya this guy has a cool voice weve all heard a thousand times but at some point for days and weeks on end he was one of the above.

****in round em all up and put em in a tire fire for all i care.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't give a shit about this guy.

Fairplay
01-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't understand how people are suppose to read that little sign of the situation he is in.

Then if you are close enough to read it, you have this big face looking at you, and you're worried about your own safety at that point.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't understand how people are suppose to read that little sign of the situation he is in.

Then if you are close enough to read it, you have this big face looking at you, and you're worried about your own safety at that point.

Because more people make eye contact and look at him longer, giving him a better chance at getting a foot in the door, and potentially a hand in their wallet.

He's a manipulative son of a bitch who preys on the kind and giving.

If you want to give money to the homeless - GIVE TO AN ORGANIZATION. They will use your money in an honest and responsible way.

Giving to these street corner assholes makes everyone uncomfortable, makes for a potential driving hazard, and enables them to continue their downward spiral into addiction and poverty.

FAX
01-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Hope he finds a gig.

One of my most beloved friends (Ken Powers) started a deal here in Nashville called "Community Care Fellowship". It is a homeless outreach program providing a couple of hot meals a week (to fill in for the days the local shelter doesn't) and counseling, but their main focus is toiletries, showers, haircuts, a laundry room, etc..

The deal is that homeless people have a damn difficult time finding a safe place to take a friggin' shower and wash their hair, let alone get their clothes clean. When you can't show up at a McDonalds to fill out an application without getting run off for stinking up the joint, you can't get a job doing much of anything. Manual labor, maybe. But that's not going to work for an escaped, abused mother of two living in their car. Anyhow, Ken recognized the problem (among many) and started CCF. It has been phenomenally successful in getting people off the streets who genuinely wish to turn around their lives.

It's not easy living in a cardboard box.

FAX

tooge
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
If he has the ability to tell that a three yard gain on first down results in second and seven, not second and six, the chiefs could use him.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Hope he finds a gig.

One of my most beloved friends (Ken Powers) started a deal here in Nashville called "Community Care Fellowship". It is a homeless outreach program providing a couple of hot meals a week (to fill in for the days the local shelter doesn't) and counseling, but their main focus is toiletries, showers, haircuts, a laundry room, etc..

The deal is that homeless people have a damn difficult time finding a safe place to take a friggin' shower and wash their hair, let alone get their clothes clean. When you can't show up at a McDonalds to fill out an application without getting run off for stinking up the joint, you can't get a job doing much of anything. Manual labor, maybe. But that's not going to work for an escaped, abused mother of two living in their car. Anyhow, Ken recognized the problem (among many) and started CCF. It has been phenomenally successful in getting people off the streets who genuinely wish to turn around their lives.

FAX

Its even harder to get up off the ground and look for those things when you have a half gallon of darby in your gut.

tooge
01-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't give a shit about this guy.

you are kind of a prick. Guy trained in school for a career in media, then got into drugs and alcohol. Now, he is using a very unique stage to try to get back what he admittedly screwed up. He was on entertainment tonight last night. He'll be making more than you and I a year from now. Have some heart, guy isn't sitting under a bridge drinking, and for that he should be cheered.

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I have nipples. Could you Milk me, Greg?

Dante84
01-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Hope he finds a gig.

FAX

There ya go. If you want to support an organization, support ones like this.

But you are doing more harm than good when you give ol' Dirt McGurt a five spot, which he then turns into an 8-ball.

FAX
01-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Its even harder to get up off the ground and look for those things when you have a half gallon of darby in your gut.

True. There are four kinds of homeless people, I think.

1. There are the drunken druggies who don't give a crap.
2. There are the insane (thanks, Ronnie).
3. There are the genuinely down & out (the runaway mom or the abused kid kind ... they do exist).
4. And there are the professional homeless.

The "sheriff" of the homeless here is a guy named "Bear". He's a VN vet and has risen to the very heights of the homeless world. He has the best shack down by the river and "owns" the corners which he "rents" to other homeless people for a percentage of their take. Bear could have been successful in business or politics or anything, I think. He's just anti-social so he has applied his remarkable gift of leadership among the lowest of the low. Fascinating, really.

My point is that, occasionally, a homeless person is homeless due to certain circumstances that are beyond their control. Some of these people can be re-introduced into society, but it's really difficult. And, of course, one of the reasons it's difficult is that (after a few days) you smell like 20 miles of bad road. Enough services exist, however (at least, here in Nashville) to help a person get off the streets ... and many do.

FAX

raybec 4
01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
you are kind of a prick. Guy trained in school for a career in media, then got into drugs and alcohol. Now, he is using a very unique stage to try to get back what he admittedly screwed up. He was on entertainment tonight last night. He'll be making more than you and I a year from now. Have some heart, guy isn't sitting under a bridge drinking, and for that he should be cheered.
Really? He should be cheered for doing what we all do every day? We should think how great he is because while he's begging for cash he has a cool story to tell? Fuck him, he's had the chance not to be where he's at, same as the rest of us. If he fucked it up, too god damn bad.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 10:40 AM

To be honest, he's probably making more than me already.

He's just not paying taxes on it, and he's probably spending it on PCP.

That unique stage is a fucking street corner, where everyone else who's homeless sits and begs. The only difference is someone put it on youtube and emailed their friends.

And how the hell do you know he's not been sitting under a bridge drinking? He's been "clean" for two years and is still on that goddamn corner, regardless of his school background?

If I'm a prick, you're naive.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 10:50 AM
mr fax i went to school downtown, lived in midtown, and have worked downtown and 20 yards from a brown derby from 11-11-99 through today.

Ive seen it all. you may be correct in the kinds of homeless people. IMO it comes down to two types. The hardcore rummy and the down and out lookin for a way back to the trailer instead of the street.

I dont see any heart in these people. I see what may have started out human but is now a parasite to a parasite.

Ive seen the false bravado of the hobo leader when challenged by men and hobo alike.
These people are on the streets for a reason and the guy in the video may get over the troll in him but i doubt it. tv and fame has crushed many a man who started out without the hang ups of this guy.
Id say anything to get some loot in my pocket if i were on the street. It just so happens this guys talent has a MEDIA type story other MEDIA types think is a heart warming story..
They dont give a fuck about the millions of men and women who toe the mark day in and out because its not a MEDIA type story that pulls the heart strings of idiots who watch tv.
In short fuck this guy.

B_Ambuehl
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
You guys fail to mention or acknowledge the level of psychological illness that permeates thru the homeless community. Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder run rampant in that population. Do you'll know anyone with schizo or major bipolar disorder? Now imagine that person trying to survive on their own without support from family.

Sofa King
01-05-2011, 11:01 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5991313

Homeless man with radio voice has offerEmail Print Comments83 Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have offered a job to a homeless Ohio man with a golden radio voice.

Ted Williams, whose deep baritone and plight have made him an online video sensation, was contacted Wednesday by the Cavs. Team spokesman Tad Carper says details are being worked out on the possible position. It could include Williams working in Quicken Loans Arena.

The Columbus Dispatch reports that video of Williams posted this week on its website has commanded millions of views.

In the clip, Williams stands near a Columbus highway ramp demonstrating his smooth, deep speaking voice. He holds a sign that asks motorists for help and says, "I'm an ex-radio announcer who has fallen on hard times."

Williams says he had trouble with drugs and alcohol but is two years sober.

tooge
01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
To be honest, he's probably making more than me already.

He's just not paying taxes on it, and he's probably spending it on PCP.

That unique stage is a ****ing street corner, where everyone else who's homeless sits and begs. The only difference is someone put it on youtube and emailed their friends.

And how the hell do you know he's not been sitting under a bridge drinking? He's been "clean" for two years and is still on that goddamn corner, regardless of his school background?

If I'm a prick, you're naive.

K, whatever. I'm naive. Not sure what type of life you have had, but if we essentially said "eff him" to everyone that was ever down and out, then there would be alot of very productive people out there that still lived in the gutter. I dont give handouts to these people. Never have and never will. What I'm saying is that this guy has a talent and if someone that can tap into it will give him a chance, then great. If he blows it, then shame on him. I'm not for handouts, but rather, I'm for compasion and second chances. I didn't tell you to stop and give a guy like this money. That does nothing but enable them. If you want to give, give to the shelters for these people. I hope you neverhadve to walk in this guys shoes, and it isn't always drugs that cause it. But to simply say fuck this guy? That truely is naive.

tooge
01-05-2011, 11:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5991313

Homeless man with radio voice has offerEmail Print Comments83 Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have offered a job to a homeless Ohio man with a golden radio voice.

Ted Williams, whose deep baritone and plight have made him an online video sensation, was contacted Wednesday by the Cavs. Team spokesman Tad Carper says details are being worked out on the possible position. It could include Williams working in Quicken Loans Arena.

The Columbus Dispatch reports that video of Williams posted this week on its website has commanded millions of views.

In the clip, Williams stands near a Columbus highway ramp demonstrating his smooth, deep speaking voice. He holds a sign that asks motorists for help and says, "I'm an ex-radio announcer who has fallen on hard times."

Williams says he had trouble with drugs and alcohol but is two years sober.

Now, lets see if this ends up being a win win. If so, then good thing the Cavs didn't have Dante84's take on this guy

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 11:07 AM
You guys fail to mention or acknowledge the level of psychological illness that permeates thru the homeless community. Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder run rampant in that population. Do you'll know anyone with schizo or major bipolar disorder? Now imagine that person trying to survive on their own without support from family.

how is they are that crazy but not crazy enough to doa 20 year bid?

society would rather give them a check than put them in a nut house.

and all of a sudden people care.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 11:08 AM

And that's sad, and those people need help.

They don't need a 10 dollar bill. Give that 10 to someone who can help them.

Groves
01-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Corporates will all be in the race for him, make a big show of it, milk all the PR from it they can, and then they'll screw him in some small print in a contract.

If the corps don't do it, an "agent" will.

Hope he lands in the right hands, but I fear he won't. Dog eat dog ain't only on the street.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
K, whatever. I'm naive. Not sure what type of life you have had, but if we essentially said "eff him" to everyone that was ever down and out, then there would be alot of very productive people out there that still lived in the gutter. I dont give handouts to these people. Never have and never will. What I'm saying is that this guy has a talent and if someone that can tap into it will give him a chance, then great. If he blows it, then shame on him. I'm not for handouts, but rather, I'm for compasion and second chances. I didn't tell you to stop and give a guy like this money. That does nothing but enable them. If you want to give, give to the shelters for these people. I hope you neverhadve to walk in this guys shoes, and it isn't always drugs that cause it. But to simply say fuck this guy? That truely is naive.

I think we are missing each other's angles:

I agree that giving people second chances is very, very important - don't get me wrong.

What I am focusing on is the begging for money element.

This guy is in that class - so that's why I'm saying fuck him.

FAX
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
mr fax i went to school downtown, lived in midtown, and have worked downtown and 20 yards from a brown derby from 11-11-99 through today.

Ive seen it all. you may be correct in the kinds of homeless people. IMO it comes down to two types. The hardcore rummy and the down and out lookin for a way back to the trailer instead of the street.

I dont see any heart in these people. I see what may have started out human but is now a parasite to a parasite.

Ive seen the false bravado of the hobo leader when challenged by men and hobo alike.
These people are on the streets for a reason and the guy in the video may get over the troll in him but i doubt it. tv and fame has crushed many a man who started out without the hang ups of this guy.
Id say anything to get some loot in my pocket if i were on the street. It just so happens this guys talent has a MEDIA type story other MEDIA types think is a heart warming story..
They dont give a **** about the millions of men and women who toe the mark day in and out because its not a MEDIA type story that pulls the heart strings of idiots who watch tv.
In short **** this guy.

I understand. I really do.

And, for my part, I don't have strong feelings about this particular bum one way or the other ... although I would like to see him get clean, get a gig, and get off the streets. My guess is that, if he were to become successful in radio, he would turn back to his addictive nature, though.

Like you, I've spent time around the homeless ... mainly through time at Ken's place across the river. I've seen a lot of people who will never make it back into society - no matter what you do. And, I've seen some who have.

The thing is that the ones who are on the street for more or less legitimate reasons, aren't typically the ones begging for quarters at the drive-thru. Usually, they are actually somewhere else trying to get their sh*t together.

I just think that the homeless mother on the run from the raving asshole who has almost killed her with a baseball bat (for the third time) and who is living in a '92 sedan with no gas, no food, no money and two pre-school children deserves a little more compassion than to be thrown into a tire fire with the alchies and meth addicts.

FAX

Dante84
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Now, lets see if this ends up being a win win. If so, then good thing the Cavs didn't have Dante84's take on this guy

You wanna know what the Cavs take on this guy is?

Cavs PR Department: Hey, uhh, if we give this guy a bullshit job, our name will be in the news for doing something philanthropic. It will be discussed everywhere, and our brand image will improve.

Heck, I'll be people on random message boards around the world will even talk about this. People will blog about it, too!

Again- they are using this guy. Don't be naive.

FAX
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM

I mentioned them. They were on my list.

FAX

Dante84
01-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I just think that the homeless mother on the run from the raving asshole who has almost killed her with a baseball bat (for the third time) and who is living in a '92 sedan with no gas, no food, no money and two pre-school children deserves a little more compassion than to be thrown into a tire fire with the alchies and meth addicts.

FAX

She needs to seek help, and potentially give her kids to the system, ala Boxcar Children. Tough decision, and yes, she deserves compassion. Those children don't need to be homeless, too, though.

She needs to get her GED, and there are programs out there that support that. Then she can get a temp job or a secretary job somewhere, and climb from there.

Tire fire? That's not a good choice for her.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I understand. I really do.

And, for my part, I don't have strong feelings about this particular bum one way or the other ... although I would like to see him get clean, get a gig, and get off the streets. My guess is that, if he were to become successful in radio, he would turn back to his addictive nature, though.

Like you, I've spent time around the homeless ... mainly through time at Ken's place across the river. I've seen a lot of people who will never make it back into society - no matter what you do. And, I've seen some who have.

The thing is that the ones who are on the street for more or less legitimate reasons, aren't typically the ones begging for quarters at the drive-thru. Usually, they are actually somewhere else trying to get their sh*t together.

FAX

I know you do mr fax.

The best part about your last paragraph is that this country has tons of resources/safety nets and all of them seem broken.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 11:21 AM
SIDEBAR-

Can the term "Tire Fire" be added to the list of other ills that befall enemies of CP? You know the ones: Antifreeze, Aids fire, Aids tree, etc...

I just think "Tire Fire" fits perfect.

FAX
01-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I know you do mr fax.

The best part about your last paragraph is that this country has tons of resources/safety nets and all of them seem broken.

In my experience, the only "safety nets" that seem to be working are the private, charitable ones. Unfortunately. A "government" program would give up her location and take her kids, probably. The entire system that was originally designed to help people is broken to hell and gone, I think. That's one of the reasons there are so many insane people on the streets.

I understand how you feel, Mr. MOhillbilly. I really do. My problem is that I have this whole, "If not for the grace of God, there go I." deal going on inside. Always have. Don't know why. Maybe I was a hobo in a prior life, or something.

FAX

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
SIDEBAR-

Can the term "Tire Fire" be added to the list of other ills that befall enemies of CP? You know the ones: Antifreeze, Aids fire, Aids tree, etc...

I just think "Tire Fire" fits perfect.

you forget 'stab you in the face'

tooge
01-05-2011, 11:36 AM
I think we are missing each other's angles:

I agree that giving people second chances is very, very important - don't get me wrong.

What I am focusing on is the begging for money element.

This guy is in that class - so that's why I'm saying **** him.

I'll agree with you there. I hate seeing these types at the exit ramp when you stop at the light, and I do ignore them.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
In my experience, the only "safety nets" that seem to be working are the private, charitable ones. Unfortunately. A "government" program would give up her location and take her kids, probably. The entire system that was originally designed to help people is broken to hell and gone, I think. That's one of the reasons there are so many insane people on the streets.

I understand how you feel, Mr. MOhillbilly. I really do. My problem is that I have this whole, "If not for the grace of God, there go I." deal going on inside. Always have. Don't know why. Maybe I was a hobo in a prior life, or something.

FAX
" you dont understand the weak " my Grandmother told me this. She is old and wise and knows me better than most.

To me the private charitable ones are just a beacon of light to those looking to get a new gig on the street. Sure they help some people in need but 99% of those they help are where they belong.
Every year just like a new crop of corn there will be a new crop of hobos.

When you are givin everything at what point do you stop working for it yourself?
whos the crazy ones?

FAX
01-05-2011, 11:50 AM
" you dont understand the weak " my Grandmother told me this. She is old and wise and knows me better than most.

To me the private charitable ones are just a beacon of light to those looking to get a new gig on the street. Sure they help some people in need but 99% of those they help are where they belong.
Every year just like a new crop of corn there will be a new crop of hobos.

When you are givin everything at what point do you stop working for it yourself?
whos the crazy ones?

Great question. Working with the homeless is frustrating as hell. You try and try and, ultimately, most of them go right back to their self-destructive lifestyle. It's what they know.

That's not why you do it, though. You do it for the occasional (and, admittedly, very rare) 1 person who responds and actually reenters society, becomes productive, and contributes. Several volunteers currently working at Ken's place are "former" homeless people who can now dedicate some of their time to help others. That's interesting to me.

I think that what drives that ability to overlook the frustration and retain the patience to work with the same asshole over and over again is sponsored by the parable of The Prodigal Son. I know that's why Ken did it. Guy screws up big time. Guy returns broke and destitute. Guy is welcomed in spite of himself.

FAX

NewChief
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM

This. Huge, huge numbers of the homeless are mentally ill, and I don't mean slightly depressed.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Great question. Working with the homeless is frustrating as hell. You try and try and, ultimately, most of them go right back to their self-destructive lifestyle. It's what they know.

That's not why you do it, though. You do it for the occasional (and, admittedly, very rare) 1 person who responds and actually reenters society, becomes productive, and contributes. Several volunteers currently working at Ken's place are "former" homeless people who can now dedicate some of their time to help others. That's interesting to me.

I think that what drives that ability to overlook the frustration and retain the patience to work with the same asshole over and over again is sponsored by the parable of The Prodigal Son. I know that's why Ken did it. Guy screws up big time. Guy returns broke and destitute. Guy is welcomed in spite of himself.

FAX

Once it warms up im goin to spread rumors about a hobo shangri la in nashville called "Kens Place". And at Kens Place you can get a map to The Big Rock Candy Mountain.:thumb:

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
This. Huge, huge numbers of the homeless are mentally ill, and I don't mean slightly depressed.

they get meds and take all in a week or sell them. Back behind the shop i bet you could dig up a hundred empty bottles.

Skyy God
01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm as cynical as the next guy, but this is a touching interview. He seems genuinely appreciative of his opportunity.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE4X3FIoDcE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE4X3FIoDcE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Skyy God
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Once it warms up im goin to spread rumors about a hobo shangri la in nashville called "Kens Place". And at Kens Place you can get a map to The Big Rock Candy Mountain.:thumb:

PM me that map. BRCM sounds awesome.

raybec 4
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM

ROFL

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
I think they screwed half of his gimmick by cutting off the lion's mane.

raybec 4
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm as cynical as the next guy, but this is a touching interview. He seems genuinely appreciative of his opportunity.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE4X3FIoDcE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE4X3FIoDcE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

His last voice job will be off camera as he burns a hooker tied to a bed with the business end of his crack pipe while she cries and he gives her his two years clean story.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Well, I hope he stays clean.

Although, I still have to ask.... some times making $25 bucks an hour... where did that go?
If not rent...
if not a car payment...
surely hes not eating that much based on how skinny he is...

I mean, save that up and use it to get a job!

Or go buy a handle of McCormicks.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
His last voice job will be off camera as he burns a hooker tied to a bed with the business end of his crack pipe while she cries and he gives her his two years clean story.

ROFLROFL

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM

heheheheeeehe:LOL:

DenverChief
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I know I'm generalizing, but for ****'s sake. Its not that hard in the land of opportunity, to earn a god damned opportunity.
10% unemployment I'm sure with his qualifications he wouldn't have a hard time finding a job:rolleyes:

beach tribe
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM

I never fucked with that shit, but I've been in some dark places so I know the score.

I work TWO jobs, and hardly even tie a drunk on these days.
You're all exactly what a fuck like this is looking for. This bastard gets to tell HIS side of his sad story to an entire pussified sympathetic america.
I've seen homeless dudes in NO that had 20 times the talent that this guy does.

I've been close to addicts. They are liars. Period. This guy is no different.

The fact that he is so articulate, is a dead give away that he is a fucking POS.

A lot of people are homeless because of mental problems. This dude is homeless because he's a fucking crackhead, and he ran out of friends, and family members to leech off of, and manipulate. But that's OK. He's got a cool voice.
Fuck him. I have zero faith that this POS won't smoke, snort, drink, and inject whatever comes his way, and put anyone who cares about him in ablender in the process.

Serious addicts just don't decide one day that they are no longer addicts.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 04:36 PM
10% unemployment I'm sure with his qualifications he wouldn't have a hard time finding a job:rolleyes:

You're telling me he wouldn't be more qualified than the slapdick inbred fourteen year olds that fuck up my chicken nugget sauce?

It's not like we're talking about hiring him to coach the Broncos....

or maybe...

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 04:38 PM

The fact that he is so articulate, is a dead give away that he is a ****ing POS.

A lot of people are homeless because of mental problems. This dude is homeless because he's a ****ing crackhead, and he ran out of friends, and family members to leech off of, and manipulate. But that's OK. He's got a cool voice.
**** him. I have zero faith that this POS won't smoke, snort, drink, and inject whatever comes his way, and put anyone who cares about him in ablender in the process.

ding!

Dante84
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM

... and then stay on the streets for two and a half years afterwords... :rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I never ****ed with that shit, but I've been in some dark places so I know the score.

I work TWO jobs, and hardly even tie a drunk on these days.
You're all exactly what a **** like this is looking for. This bastard gets to tell HIS side of his sad story to an entire pussified sympathetic america.
I've seen homeless dudes in NO that had 20 times the talent that this guy does.

The fact that he is so articulate, is a dead give away that he is a ****ing POS.

A lot of people are homeless because of mental problems. This dude is homeless because he's a ****ing crackhead, and he ran out of friends, and family members to leech off of, and manipulate. But that's OK. He's got a cool voice.
**** him. I have zero faith that this POS won't smoke, snort, drink, and inject whatever comes his way, and put anyone who cares about him in ablender in the process.

I have a lot of friends who were addicts and alcoholics and I imagine a lot of people on this board are recovering too.

I have also volunteered many times to help homeless people, some of whom are crazy, but also many of whom were living paycheck to paycheck and just happened to have one last paycheck not show up.

I believe in second chances. I don't think anyone's a POS unless they continuously game the system. I hope this guy has recovered, learned his lesson, and that he can turn his life around. Would be a very inspiring story. And good for the Cavs for giving him a chance to do that.

If you take a look around there are millions upon millions of people in the US that are literally one paycheck or one unfortunate event away from living on the streets.

Easy 6
01-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Someone get this guy a damn job in radio, clean him up & put some new duds on him.

If he wants to be in the position he is, thats one thing, but he seems so nice & well spoken that i'd bet he wants better.

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
... and then stay on the streets for two and a half years afterwords... :rolleyes:

And sometimes addiction is triggered by an unfortunate event upon an unfortunate event that sends someone into a downward spiral. Mistakes happen.

Intervention is a great show to watch because those are serious addicts. There are plenty of people on that show who make turnarounds. Some are beyond help. I don't think that just because some aren't able to make that turnaround that we just turn our back on those who can.

Give him a second chance, force him to comply with a lot of drug tests (which I guarantee they will).

JD10367
01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I love all this talk about "these people" and what "they" are really like.

Just as you shouldn't generalize about a particular ethnicity, religion, or sexual preference, IMO you shouldn't generalize about the homeless. As has been said, sure, maybe a huge percentage of them are unsalvageable, but--much like when it comes to teaching schoolkids in a shit big city--it's worth it when you save the few odd one here and there.

We know nothing about what happened to this dude, aside from his brief "drugs and alcohol and two years clean". He may be full of shit, he may not be. But, he's gotten his second chance. Giving second chances is always a good thing. If he fucks it up now, it's all on him. If he's full of shit, he'll soon make it obvious.

chasedude
01-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Re-read my post.

1. According to him, he's been clean 2 years.
2. I said he needs to get a job (mcdonalds, wal-mart greeter - no suit needed)
3. I said he then needs to get the haircut (with the money from the job).
4. Then he can pursue his dream job.

To answer your question about the suit, he can go to Salvation Army, and spend pennies on the dollar, with the money from his job that he has. OR he can use the money he earned from begging after a week.

I didn't know the length of one's hair changes their worth ethic. :doh!:

Dante84
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM

No shit.

Show up to work with his 'doo and see how that works out for you.

Longer hair doesn't determine your work ethic. Longer hair with bugs and stray used condoms hiding in it does.

CoMoChief
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM

no it changes their public image. i'm sure the radio station doesn't want him looking like a hobo considering the press they're getting because of all of this. 1st step is to help "appear" like he's changed, and on his way down a new and better direction.

chasedude
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
No shit.

Show up to work with his 'doo and see how that works out for you.

Longer hair doesn't determine your work ethic. Longer hair with bugs and stray used condoms hiding in it does.

Where do you see bugs and condoms? I don't see them :spock:

Dante84
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I love all this talk about "these people" and what "they" are really like.

Just as you shouldn't generalize about a particular ethnicity, religion, or sexual preference, IMO you shouldn't generalize about the homeless. As has been said, sure, maybe a huge percentage of them are unsalvageable, but--much like when it comes to teaching schoolkids in a shit big city--it's worth it when you save the few odd one here and there.

We know nothing about what happened to this dude, aside from his brief "drugs and alcohol and two years clean". He may be full of shit, he may not be. But, he's gotten his second chance. Giving second chances is always a good thing. If he fucks it up now, it's all on him. If he's full of shit, he'll soon make it obvious.

AGAIN (jeeze, i sound like Haley here):

I'm not bagging the homeless who actually have mental diseases and such; I am bagging on the beggers of sound mind who are pieces of shit that drain money from nice people, decline to pay taxes, steal free meals from the shelter, and then spend money on drugs and liquor.

I'm not an asshole, guys, I get it. Some people need help, some people need second chances.

The fuckers who beg continuously for a living should die in a tire fire.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Where do you see bugs and condoms? I don't see them :spock:

Oh, they're in there.

FAX
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM

He's a trained monkey now. "Say, I stick bananas up my butt." (followed by squeals and raucous laughter).

Good luck crazy, homeless, recovering, radio dude with a new haircut. Stay off the sauce, man.

FAX

chasedude
01-05-2011, 06:14 PM
no it changes their public image. i'm sure the radio station doesn't want him looking like a hobo considering the press they're getting because of all of this. 1st step is to help "appear" like he's changed, and on his way down a new and better direction.

Oh, because of the Judgmental, "holier than thou" people that read a book by it's cover rather than seeing a person for who they really are. I get it now :rolleyes:

chasedude
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Oh, they're in there.

:doh!:

Dante84
01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh, because of the Judgmental, "holier than thou" people that read a book by it's cover rather than seeing a person for who they really are. I get it now :rolleyes:

Oh, corporate america? where lots of people make money?

Not saying its fun, but I think this guy, at 53 is past the whole "find yourself for a year after college phase."

He needs to get his shit together so he has money to retire on. And if that means shaving, getting a haircut, and putting on a tie, then that's what he needs to do.

threebag
01-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Does this cardboard sign make my head look big?/Golden Voice

Dante84
01-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Does this cardboard sign make my head look big?/Golden Voice

ROFLROFLROFL

Sure-Oz
01-05-2011, 06:38 PM
http://twitter.com/battleplanpromo

Looks like he'll be on tv

Sure-Oz
01-05-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/01/05/2011-01-05_ted_williams_homeless_man_with_radio_announcer_voice_blocked_from_boarding_plane.html?r=news/national

A Brooklyn panhandler whose "golden radio voice" made him an overnight web sensation was stuck in Ohio Wednesday afternoon - delaying his long-awaited reunion with his mother in New York.

Ted Williams, 53, had expected to fly to New York to do a live interview on the "Today Show" tomorrow morning and see his 92-year-old mom after years apart.

But TMZ reported that airport officials will not let him board a plane because he doesn't have proper identification to make the trip. Instead, he spent the afternoon at a Columbus, Ohio, courthouse trying to obtain a copy of his birth certificate, the site said.

A convicted felon and recovering addict, Williams was living in a homeless encampment in Columbus until two days ago, when a video showcasing his startling talent went viral on the Internet.

The video, produced by the Columbus Dispatch, shows him begging for change on a street in exchange for a soundbyte of his buttery, baritone voice.

The interview has led to a whirlwind of media attention and job offers, including one to do voice-over work for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

But perhaps the greatest opportunity to come from his newfound fame was a reunion with his mom, who lives in Bedford-Stuyvesant in the home he was raised in.

During the an interview on "The Early Show," Williams broke down in tears when he spoke about his mother.

"I apologize. I'm getting a little emotional. I haven't seen my mom in a great deal of time," he said on the program.

"One of my biggest prayers that I sent out was that she would live long enough for me to see me rebound or whatever, and I guess God kept her around and kept my pipes around to maybe just have one more shot that I would be able to say, 'Mom, I did do it before,'" he said. "I might pass away before her or whatever, but my dad didn't get a chance to see this. But God is good."

Sure-Oz
01-05-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWG6zNf4xY0

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM
you forget 'stab you in the face'

when i used this once in response to someone here who was going to do me harm, the line was completed "with a frozen turd".

chasedude
01-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh, corporate america? where lots of people make money?

Not saying its fun, but I think this guy, at 53 is past the whole "find yourself for a year after college phase."

He needs to get his shit together so he has money to retire on. And if that means shaving, getting a haircut, and putting on a tie, then that's what he needs to do.

So Corporate America is the only way to make money? I don't think so.

Plus a haircut, shave and a tie is really gonna make a difference to a Disc Jockey? I don't see many DJ's running around with ties and some even have long hair OMG! They might even grow a beard, holy shit!

I think you need to get off your moral soapbox and quit preaching to the choir.

Spott
01-05-2011, 09:15 PM
I hope the guy makes it and we don't hear about him ending up back on the streets in a few years. I imagine that it's pretty hard to dig yourself out of that hole once you get to the point of being homeless. It would be a nice story if he could turn his life around after this and stay clean.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
So Corporate America is the only way to make money? I don't think so.

Plus a haircut, shave and a tie is really gonna make a difference to a Disc Jockey? I don't see many DJ's running around with ties and some even have long hair OMG! They might even grow a beard, holy shit!

I think you need to get off your moral soapbox and quit preaching to the choir.

I don't think this means what you think this means.

Furthermore, I have no issue with long hair, beards, tattoos, piercings. Nor did I ever say I had a problem with them. I also never said corporate America is the only place to make money. Quit putting words in my mouth.

My point is simply that at his age, and with his background, he would be best served to clean up his image. And, unfortunately, that means catering to those people who write the checks. He will obviously be in the public spotlight representing a turn around. The best way to symbolize this turn around is his outward appearance.

I am very, very sorry if I offended anyone with long hair.

And for the record he's not a trying to be a DJ. The career path he is going for is "On-Air personality," or "Voice-Over Artist," or "Spokesperson." His resume says: school and beggin'.

Lastly, don't take it so personally, bro. It's a message board discussion about hobos. I don't need you all up in my shit over some bum with condoms and bugs in his hair.

DaFace
01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
My point is simply that at his age, and with his background, he would be best served to clean up his image. And, unfortunately, that means catering to those people who write the checks. He will obviously be in the public spotlight representing a turn around. The best way to symbolize this turn around is his outward appearance.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a bit out of touch with reality.

Johnny Vegas
01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
I guess this proves not all homeless people are bat shit crazy, drugged up sex offenders. I'll pick the next one up lookin for a ride. Maybe I can be the next one to find a star on the streets with a God given gift.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 09:46 PM
You know what? I can't wait until TMZ or someone unearths his rap sheet. I would love to see what he's got on there.

It would be even crazier if he turns out to be the suspect who got away in a bunch of ridiculous crimes.

Johnny Vegas
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Yea there's someone out there hell bent to uncover his past. Its gonna be a situation where he woke up a star and didn't even know it and can't stop others that wanna make him a star. Then he can't stop people that want to ruin it for him because of his celebrity status.

TrebMaxx
01-05-2011, 10:12 PM
You know what? I can't wait until TMZ or someone unearths his rap sheet. I would love to see what he's got on there.

It would be even crazier if he turns out to be the suspect who got away in a bunch of ridiculous crimes.

Here you go.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/meet-felon-golden-voice

FAX
01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
The guy has been a celebrity for less than 24 hours and they're already trying to bring him down. Heck, he hasn't even been to the White House, yet.

Anyhow, based merely on the attitude of that tire company manager dude, I'd piss on his doorstep, too.

FAX

Dante84
01-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah NTB fucked me over twice in the past couple years.

I'd piss on them as well. Props for that.

Dante84
01-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Here you go.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/meet-felon-golden-voice

heh, rep.

Sure-Oz
01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Dude got himself in a world of shit, hope he really wants to clean himself and do something with the rest of his life and takes advantage of it.

FAX
01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I think the alternate media should rename him the Man With The Golden Streams.

That should really piss off that tire company manager guy.

FAX

Sure-Oz
01-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Drugs seem to do some crazy shit to people, look at Tom Sizemore

alnorth
01-05-2011, 10:34 PM

Been done already. He's got a long felony record, most recently last May. The Cav people said something today how they didnt do a background check and jumped in with their heart, etc but the offer still stands. They aren't stupid though, apparently they are only committing to a house and a 2-year contract which will probably have some sort of "dont go to jail again" clause in it. There's no point in perversely wanting to dump on this guy, most people dont want to listen to that right now.

The internet world has spoken. Many (most?) of us usually give to the United Way or some similar organization out of our paycheck deductions, but in addition to worthy causes like that we've collectively decided that this one bum will get a wildly unique and lucrative one-time opportunity. He'll lose his internet fame soon, and its up to him to be a productive member of society now. If he screws up again, its his loss and no one will probably care.

FAX
01-05-2011, 10:34 PM

I don't really want to look at Tom Sizemore, but you're right.

I knew this one guy in LA who owned one of the top film editing companies in town. Did tons of feature work and big-time ad stuff ... TV commercials for Budweiser, GM, etc. Very successful guy.

Within 2 years of becoming addicted to cocaine, he snorted away his family, two homes, three Mercedes, and his business. Last I heard, he was bumming off "friends" for food and a place to stay and was quickly running out of "friends".

He was fun to hang out with for awhile, though.

FAX

WebGem
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
So this guy has a job with the Cleveland Cavaliers now, correct?

Pushead2
01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
for every 100 that like you, there will be 1 that will try to bring you down.

NewChief
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM

Ironically, he was on Celebrity Rehab last night as a "success" story. He was still pretty gimped up because he'd just had knee surgery, but he's reportedly like 6 months clean.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM
for every 100 that like you, there will be 1 that will try to bring you down.

you got that backwards.

MOhillbilly
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
seen a interview this morning. The guys body language screams fruitcup.

Pushead2
01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
seen a interview this morning. The guys body language screams fruitcup.

hobo homo?

MOhillbilly
01-06-2011, 09:22 AM
hobo homo?

hobo crazyman.
Williams, 53, has been busted for theft, robbery, escape, forgery, and drug possession.

Fish
01-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I'll bet you there's a few other hobos out there watching these news reports going "Hey, I smoked crack with that fool 2 weeks ago!!"

siberian khatru
01-06-2011, 09:39 AM
The internet world has spoken. Many (most?) of us usually give to the United Way or some similar organization out of our paycheck deductions, but in addition to worthy causes like that we've collectively decided that this one bum will get a wildly unique and lucrative one-time opportunity. He'll lose his internet fame soon, and its up to him to be a productive member of society now. If he screws up again, its his loss and no one will probably care.

This.

Once the hoopla dies down, he's gonna have to do a job every day, deal with money in his pocket and new "friends." I hope he succeeds. I'm pulling for him.

If I read in a few months or a year or two that he's been arrested for drugs or theft, I'll deal with that then.

SLAG
01-06-2011, 09:42 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_6TBTP-EJI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_6TBTP-EJI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

QFT

Iowanian
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
He should have kept the wild man hair, remained unshaven and unkept and applied for the musical "the lion king"....or for a part as a Lion fish in the new Nemo movie.

Rausch
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I'll bet you there's a few other media personalities out there watching these news reports going "Hey, I smoked crack with that fool 2 weeks ago!!"

FYP...

ChiTown
01-06-2011, 10:09 AM

That dude was 8 shades of fkd up. He APPEARS to have turned a corner, but that is tenuous at best.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Been done already. He's got a long felony record, most recently last May. The Cav people said something today how they didnt do a background check and jumped in with their heart, etc but the offer still stands. They aren't stupid though, apparently they are only committing to a house and a 2-year contract which will probably have some sort of "dont go to jail again" clause in it. There's no point in perversely wanting to dump on this guy, most people dont want to listen to that right now.

This.

Once the hoopla dies down, he's gonna have to do a job every day, deal with money in his pocket and new "friends." I hope he succeeds. I'm pulling for him.

If I read in a few months or a year or two that he's been arrested for drugs or theft, I'll deal with that then.

This could become like an ongoing experiement of sorts...lets have billionares accross the nation randomly select bums from week to week. Give them a job, money, nice house, nice car, etc...and see if they go back to the streets, or become a productive citizen. This would make a great reality show.

mohammedhali
01-06-2011, 10:23 AM
The guy kind of looks like A 70 year old crackhead twin of Obama. Except this guy kicks ass. I wish I could have discovered Ted and paid him ten bucks every night to read me Penthouse forum articles right after he tucked me into bed.

Dave Lane
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM

He obviously speaks from experience. Either that or he's a mega douche. Good for the guy.

siberian khatru
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
This could become like an ongoing experiement of sorts...lets have billionares accross the nation randomly select bums from week to week. Give them a job, money, nice house, nice car, etc...and see if they go back to the streets, or become a productive citizen. This would make a great reality show.

Sorta like ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire

Dante84
01-06-2011, 10:41 AM
He also has 9 kids.

Neat!

Fairplay
01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
He has a long face.

Skyy God
01-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Apparently he's more of a singing hobo than a stabbing hobo.

gblowfish
01-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I've known lots of guys that had million dollar pipes and looked like they were hit in the face with a shovel.

That's where the term "face for radio" comes from.

Rain Man
01-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Yeah, it would.

Until it got predictable after every one of them ended up ruining it.

NewChief
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM

That would be an awesome movie.

gblowfish
01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
That would be an awesome movie.

You mean, like Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy in "Trading Places?"

NewChief
01-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Yes. That's exactly what I mean.

Rain Man
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM

But without the gorilla rape.

Bwana
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
On TODAY this morning. Interview in link below.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40944077/ns/today-today_people/?GT1=43001

TimeForWasp
01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
LMAO Next up Ted Williams will publicly pull the bannanas out of his butt.

He's a trained monkey now. "Say, I stick bananas up my butt." (followed by squeals and raucous laughter).

Good luck crazy, homeless, recovering, radio dude with a new haircut. Stay off the sauce, man.

FAX

Chiefs Rool
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM

I'd watch that show.

WebGem
01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
<object width="420" height="268" id="kickWidget_125488_423778" name="kickWidget_125488_423778" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction">
<!-- Firefox uses the 'data' attribute above, IE/Safari uses the param below -->
<param name="movie" value="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction"></param>
<param name="FlashVars" value="affiliateSiteId=125488&amp;widgetId=423778&amp;width=420&amp;height=268&amp;playOnLoad=0&amp;mediaURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.d ispatch.com%2Flive%2Fexport-content%2Fsites%2Fdispatch%2Fvideos%2F2011%2F01%2F06%2Fted-reunifies-with-mother.xml&amp;autoPlay=0&amp;revision=19" ></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" ></param>
</object>

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/01/06/homeless-man-with-golden-voice-in-new-york.html

The homeless man with the golden voice reunites with MomThe homeless man with the golden voice reunites with Mom

The homeless man with the golden voice reunites with Mom
Ted Williams makes emotional appearance on the Today show this morning

Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:49 AM
Updated: Thursday, January 6, 2011 01:13 PM

BY KEVIN JOY

The Columbus Dispatch

The reunion couldn't have been more emotional.

When Ted Williams, the now-famous homeless guy with the golden voice, saw his mother in a conference room in midtown Manhattan, he ran to her saying, "Mommy, mommy."

His mother, Julia Williams, reached for her son.

"My prodigal son has finally come home," she said. And the two embraced.

The reunion, delayed because of wrangling between two television networks, was the first time Ted Williams has seen his mother in about 20 years. The Dispatch, along with NBC and CBS, witnessed the emotional moment.

Julia Williams, in a fur hat and coat, talked to her son about his newfound celebrity. She was most concerned, though, about whether he had really turned his life around.

Williams assured his mom that he had. They talked a little about family members, and she teased him about telling everyone on national television that she was 92 years old.

Julia Williams is 90.

Ted Williams has appeared on many national news shows, and is scheduled to be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight. He also signed a contract with Kraft Macaroni & Cheese to be the voice in a commercial that will air on ESPN during the Fight Hunger Bowl on Sunday. The Columbus panhandler whose baritone pipes were showcased Monday in a Dispatch video and then loaded onto YouTube has captured the world's attention.

Both Ted Williams and his mother were on national television this morning, talking about the younger Williams' newfound fame.

Promptly at 7 this morning, Ted Williams used the voice responsible for his sudden fame to deliver the introduction of a lifetime.

From NBC News, this is Today with Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira, live from studio 1A in Rockefeller Plaza!

Williams later made two appearances on the NBC talk show.

At virtually the same time, an interview with his mother was being shown on The Early Show on rival network CBS.

"This is a dream come true," an excited Williams told Today co-hosts Lauer and Vieira. "There's just no way in the world I could have imagined that I would have all this."

In an early segment with the show co-hosts and a later appearance with Ann Curry and Al Roker, Williams answered a broad range of questions - from his thoughts about his newfound celebrity and the job offers he has since been offered to his history of drug and alcohol abuse and his chance for redemption.

Williams said that, despite the incredible challenges of such instant celebrity, he is emotionally equipped to make the most of the opportunity.

"This time around, I have God," he said. "I was ready to mark 2010 as another year wasted until I realized that I'd found a new sense of spirituality.

"The difference between my successes of years gone by: I didn't acknowledge the Lord or thank him for anything before, you know? And I have had some great opportunities."

Williams was asked, too, about his mother - whom he hasn't seen in 20 years, he says, but has talked to recently by phone.

With obvious affection - "I love my mom," he said with a smile - he credited the kind, gracious demeanor he exhibits to his mother and her insistence that he live by the Golden Rule.

"My mom raised me that way - to always be polite, to treat people the way you want to be treated."

Almost simultaneously on CBS, 90-year-old Julia Williams, a Brooklyn resident, was telling Early Show co-host Chris Wragge that her prayers for her son's improved well-being have been answered.

"I prayed that I would live to see this time that he would do well," she said.

Julia Williams said she struggled with the notion after hearing from family members that her son was begging for money - and that she couldn't get through to him when they talked by phone.

"At night, I'd wake up and I'd see him with that sign," she said, "and I would say, 'What has happened here?' But If I'd ask him about it, he would say: 'Goodbye. I'll talk to you later.'"

"So he shut me out of his life, and I can understand."

Deberg_1990
01-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Heres his first commercial.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpYaaMz6h-I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpYaaMz6h-I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990
01-12-2011, 09:26 AM
uh oh....already causing trouble.....how long will the fairytale last?

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/01/11/ted-williams-detained.html?sid=101

LOS ANGELES -- Ted Williams, the Ohio homeless man whose smooth radio voice made him an Internet sensation, had to do some quick talking to Los Angeles police.

Officers were called when Williams and his daughter got into a heated argument last night at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa, Officer Catherine Massey said.

"I don't know how loud they were" but the argument at about 9 p.m. led to a disturbance report, Massey said today.

"It was minor. Both parties were angry but there were no signs of visible abuse," Massey said. "They were brought in, calmed down, talked to and released."

She said she did not know the nature of the argument.

Williams and his daughter, whom Massey declined to name, were held at the Hollywood police station for less than an hour and they were not arrested, she said.

It was not immediately clear whether the two returned to the hotel. Calls to a hotel marketing representative seeking comment were not immediately returned.

Williams' manager, Al Battle, declined to comment about or provide details of the incident but said a statement would be issued soon.

"Once we get all the facts, it'll be out there for everybody to have," he said in a brief phone interview with the Associated Press.

Williams, 53, trained to be a radio announcer but found his life derailed by drugs and alcohol in the 1990s. He has served time in prison for theft and forgery and has been cited with numerous misdemeanors, including drug abuse.

Williams became famous almost overnight after The Columbus Dispatch posted a web video of him last week. Viewers were enthralled to hear a deep, honeyed professional voice coming from the shabbily dressed man.

Since then, he has done a TV commercial for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, appeared on various news shows, recorded voiceover promos for cable news and was offered an announcing job with the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

Although he says he has been clean for more than two years, the recovering addict has acknowledged that it has been challenging dealing with sudden fame.

"I wanted a nerve pill yesterday, to be honest with you," he told CBS on Friday.

Bob Dole
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Dr. Phil stirred all that shit up.

Iowanian
01-12-2011, 09:35 AM
it's one thing for the media to give the guy a break, but crap like Dr dildo and the others are taking advantage of the situation.

Train wreck waiting to happen.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm still pulling for the guy, but this is pretty funny right here:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/revisedtedsmall.jpg

People with much more stable backgrounds than this guy have cratered under pressure far less intense than what he'll face. This probably won't end well.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh yeah, and I need someone to give me an "Is this racist?" check:

Doesn't that guy look like Obama? Or am I just a bigot that thinks they all look alike? Seriously, I swear the guy looks like Obama's brother or something, especially in the 2 pictures in the 2nd row on the left side.

Iowanian
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I've thought he looked like Hoperah's long lost crackhead brother too.

Otter
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
it's one thing for the media to give the guy a break, but crap like Dr dildo and the others are taking advantage of the situation.

Train wreck waiting to happen.

I'm pretty sure that was intended from the start.

KCUnited
01-12-2011, 09:41 AM
He's got that cracked out Geraldo look too me.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Dr. Phil stirred all that shit up.

I cant stand this guy now. Hes become an ambulance chaser for medical advice.

FAX
01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I cant stand this guy now. Hes become an ambulance chaser for medical advice.

Yep. He's a sleaze, I think.

I never really liked him, but he's a gutter feeder, for sure. Didn't he try and force himself into the Michael Jackson deal? It was someone like that, anyhow. Embarrassing.

FAX

L.A. Chieffan
01-12-2011, 09:59 AM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/revisedtedsmall.jpg

People with much more stable backgrounds than this guy have cratered under pressure far less intense than what he'll face. This probably won't end well.

wtf, how many times can you get arrested impersonating a doctor?

El Jefe
01-12-2011, 10:11 AM

Ohh my side hurts from laughing at those pictures, thanks for posting!

Dayze
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
This guy is sort of a chameleon:

2nd row, 1st pic: Obama
2nd row, 3rd pic: Richard Pryor's daughter
3rd row, 1st pic; Geraldo
3rd row, 2nd pick: Tobias from Arrested Development
3rd Row, 3rd pick: Richard Pryor

Dante84
01-12-2011, 10:53 AM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ou-FeOoKDq4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ou-FeOoKDq4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rain Man
01-12-2011, 11:04 AM

4th row, 1st pick: A young Lionel Ritchie.

Rain Man
01-12-2011, 11:05 AM

1st row, 2nd pic: A slight resemblance to Reverend Jim (Christopher Lloyd) of the TV show Taxi.

FAX
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
2nd row, 1st pick: Crazy black dude.
2nd row, 2nd pick: Mad black dude.
2nd row, 3rd pick: Crazy mad black dude.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
2nd row, 3rd pick: Dr. Gregory House.

FAX
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
4th row, 2nd pic: The Mushroom Man Of Mexico.

FAX

DeezNutz
01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
The heart-warming story of a drugged out bum who abandoned 9 children. Forgive me for hoping that he gets a great life insurance policy and then meets an Alomar tree, as this would benefit the children the most.

JD10367
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
<--- putting in his reservation for the "Golden Voiced Homeless Guy" Halloween costume early, oh yeah....

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
3rd row, 3rd pic: One of the monsters on Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video.

FAX
01-12-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I kinda dig it when Dr. Crusher says, "I want a full pandeomatic scan right away."

FAX

JD10367
01-12-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I kinda dig it when Dr. Crusher says, "I want a full pandeomatic scan right away."

FAX

Tall lanky MILF redhead with nice eyes? When ST:TNG was being made, I would've shot my photon torpedoes into her wormhole in a warp second.

MOhillbilly
01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
i hate this guy. Stab him in the face.

InChiefsHeaven
01-12-2011, 01:49 PM
The heart-warming story of a drugged out bum who abandoned 9 children. Forgive me for hoping that he gets a great life insurance policy and then meets an Alomar tree, as this would benefit the children the most.

WHere is the story about the 9 abandoned kids? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to read the story...

...forget it...google is my friend.

Holy crap. 'Ol Ted's got a lot on his plate...

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Just heard on the radio that he's on his way back to rehab.

Addiction can be an unforgiving bitch.

FAX
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM

Dang. This is sad.

Apparently, he was never really off the juice. That must have been his money story.

Too much, too soon. I was afraid this would happen.

FAX

Dante84
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM

I think Mo and I deserve some respect for calling this from the get-go.

This piece of shit took less than a week to show his true colors.

MOhillbilly
01-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I think Mo and I deserve some respect for calling this from the get-go.

This piece of shit took less than a week to show his true colors.
Cant change your shadow.

i bet a mill in casino cash he is involved in a homicide with in 3 years.

open bet.

beach tribe
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM

Some people tore into me for saying he was never clean, and would pop, snort, smoke, and inject every dime he gets out of this.

He will be back on the street in 6 months. I'm sure he and his daughters argument was over the fact that she wouldn't forgive him for probably stealing from, and lying to her repeatedly throughout her life, just because he has "an amazing voice".

FAX: I can understand how you could be pulling for the guy, an wonder why I'm not, but there's a difference between this guy's situation, and others'.

MOhillbilly
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
this dude has 4 on the floor written all over him.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Welp....now you know why I hate people.

I try not to be a cynical asshole one time...and it turns out the guy is probably a fuckup afterall.

Back to pissing on bums and stealing their blankets when they're not looking. G'damn bi-pedal rats.

beach tribe
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Welp....now you know why I hate people.

I try not to be a cynical asshole one time...and it turns out the guy is probably a ****up afterall.

Back to pissing on bums and stealing their blankets when they're not looking. G'damn bi-pedal rats.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rtm60AggQVc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rtm60AggQVc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

FAX
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Some people tore into me for saying he was never clean, and would pop, snort, smoke, and inject every dime he gets out of this.

He will be back on the street in 6 months. I'm sure he and his daughters argument was over the fact that she wouldn't forgive him for probably stealing from, and lying to her repeatedly throughout her life, just because he has "an amazing voice".

FAX: I can understand how you could be pulling for the guy, an wonder why I'm not, but there's a difference between this guy's situation, and others'.

I'm still pulling for the guy. And his children. Et al.

However, if you go back and look, I said in my first or second or third or so post on this subject that the odds were he'd either relapse or wind up back on the street again soon. It's really difficult to go from street bum to regular, working Joe. Really difficult.

FAX

beach tribe
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Here's another bum with another "amazing voice"
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIP3tmlzmTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIP3tmlzmTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Holy crap. This may be him!!

Check out the talent at the 2:45 mark!

Hootie
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
man

beach tribe knocked it out of the park from the start

he owned this thread lol

Easy 6
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm still pulling for the guy. And his children. Et al.

However, if you go back and look, I said in my first or second or third or so post on this subject that the odds were he'd either relapse or wind up back on the street again soon. It's really difficult to go from street bum to regular, working Joe. Really difficult.

FAX

Yeah, if this guy has any sense at all he'll use some of his newfound money to hire a reputable business manager & some kind of steady psych counseling to keep him grounded & on the right track.

It'd be a shame to see the guy fail.

Groves
01-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Cant change your shadow by just trying to real hard.

fixed.

Sure-Oz
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Hope he makes it through rehab

JD10367
01-12-2011, 08:09 PM

From his looks, I think someone beat you to it. :shrug:

FAX
01-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Well, I'm changing my mind about this guy. I hope he gets better and all, but he's apparently not a very nice (or smart) person. He did an interview with ET and, in response to a question about the problems of newly-found fame said, "When you roll down your window to throw a cigarette out, people point at you." Outrageous.

First off, you shouldn't smoke if you make your living talking. Second off, you shouldn't ever, ever throw cigarette butts out the window of your car. In China, they chop your hand off for that kind of thing and China is a very clean place ... except for all the hands lying around on the streets, of course. Third off, he called his daughter a "fat bitch". In China, they pull your intestines out through your nose for saying stuff like that ... except they never do because Chinese girls are rarely fat on account of the fact that they don't have a lot of food and the food they do have tastes horrible unless you make a big deal when you order it to leave out the MSG.

FAX

Fairplay
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM

The building for it is the one with the revolving doors.

Fairplay
01-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Yep. He's a sleaze, I think.

I never really liked him, but he's a gutter feeder, for sure. Didn't he try and force himself into the Michael Jackson deal? It was someone like that, anyhow.
FAX

That was Britney Spears.

Dante84
01-24-2011, 06:30 PM
It was a fun ride everyone!

'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Bails on Rehab
http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/24/ted-williams-golden-voice-leaves-rehab-origins-early-recovery-center-texas-drugs-alcohol-radio/

back to the bridge.

Too bad they didn't consult with me.

BigMeatballDave
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
It was a fun ride everyone!

back to the bridge.

Too bad they didn't consult with me.Fuck him. He had his shot and blew it. Hopefully no one ever helps him again.

Simply Red
01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Insider-Trading? ......................fffff' just joking.

Sure-Oz
01-24-2011, 07:09 PM
So much for being the Kraft guy

mcaj22
01-24-2011, 07:11 PM
it was a good run, gotta admit. Fun watching this guy fail miserably.

Sure-Oz
01-24-2011, 07:20 PM
His gf said she'd get him drugged up...looks like there is no turning back for this guy

too bad for his family

Simply Red
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
actually, it's sad.

Valiant
01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah, and I need someone to give me an "Is this racist?" check:

Doesn't that guy look like Obama? Or am I just a bigot that thinks they all look alike? Seriously, I swear the guy looks like Obama's brother or something, especially in the 2 pictures in the 2nd row on the left side.

No he looks like Chong, especially from that 70s show..

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2011, 06:28 AM
actually, it's sad.

Exactly. What a pitiful guy. But the problem is too that he's a homeless addict who was thrust into a nation-wide spotlight...I'd say he was (at the very least) ill equipped to handle the sudden fame.

I think its a friggin' tragedy.