PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your "Honest Gut Take" against the Ravens

Chiefshrink
01-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Try to be as 'objective' and 'non-homerish' as possible.

Buehler445
01-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Gonna lose.

Particularly if we don't get off the bus like we did against Chokeland. Baltimore is a better version of Chokeland.

ChiefsrGood
01-04-2011, 11:30 PM
42-3 kc

HotRoute
01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
I wanna say 24-17 KC

But my gut is saying 27-10 Bal

BossChief
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I hate to say it, so I'm not gonna.

Imon Yourside
01-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I see us winning a low scoring game probably 13-10 and the D shows up bigtime. Ask me again tomorrow and it will probably be a completely different answer. I like having the Arrowhead advantage though.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I think our running game is gonna get shut down, and we'll lose a close one.

It's a shame because I like the Chiefs in every other area for the most part, except special team.

I see the Ravens eventually winning TOP and wearing down our D and winning 20-13, or something along those lines.

Due to our youth and inexperience at some point we'll have a huge turnover.

okcchief
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I think it will be down to the wire and could go either way.

I'll say Chiefs 17 Ravens 16

TinyEvel
01-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, just found out today that the guy in the office next to me is a Ravens fan.

We started talking about the matchup and he kept bringing up negatives about his team...they have no pass rush...Flacco throws a few bad throws every game...Harbaugh goes into conservative "Herm" (or Marty) mode the second they get a lead.

It was weird. It was like he is the top poster on a site called Ravens Planet or something.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, just found out today that the guy in the office next to me is a Ravens fan.

We started talking about the matchup and he kept bringing up negatives about his team...they have no pass rush...Flacco throws a few bad throws every game...Harbaugh goes into conservative "Herm" (or Marty) mode the second they get a lead.

It was weird. It was like he is the top poster on a site called Ravens Planet or something.

Scary isn't it!!!

Chiefshrink
01-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I see us winning a low scoring game probably 13-10 and the D shows up bigtime. Ask me again tomorrow and it will probably be a completely different answer. I like having the Arrowhead advantage though.

That is my gut as well but we need all the seats filled though!

Hammock Parties
01-04-2011, 11:41 PM
We started talking about the matchup and he kept bringing up negatives about his team...they have no pass rush...Flacco throws a few bad throws every game...Harbaugh goes into conservative "Herm" (or Marty) mode the second they get a lead..

He's right about all those things. And despite all those things the Ravens won 12 games.

Unfortunately the Ravens' run defense is really good. That throws our whole gameplan out of whack.

MMXcalibur
01-04-2011, 11:42 PM
20-17, Chiefs.

Succop connects when the clock hits zero. Everyone that's been a Chiefs fan since 1993 flips the f*** out.

Silock
My gut says we lose. Still dropped money on tickets and am going to lose my voice screaming, anyway.

Hammock Parties
20-17, Chiefs.

Succop connects when the clock hits zero. Everyone that's been a Chiefs fan since 1993 flips the f*** out.

I would cry hard.

LiveSteam
01-04-2011, 11:43 PM
He's right about all those things. And despite all those things the Ravens won 12 games.

Unfortunately the Ravens' run defense is really good. That throws our whole gameplan out of whack.

Does anyone know if Reed will play. His ass needs to sit this one out.

D-Train6906
I could see this as the Chiefs vs. Colts circa 2006. Or I could see us rolling them in Arrowhead. I definately don't see the Ravens blowing us out.

Sure-Oz
Jones better get like 5 total carries

TinyEvel
01-04-2011, 11:44 PM
20-17, Chiefs.

I will focking cry if that happens. 'll post pics of frozen tears rolling down my cheeks as we do the Tomahawk Chop all the way down the spiral ramps. ANd I will also post pics of me purposefully projectile vomiting onto GoChiefs after the game.

I'll do it...finger in tonsil...BLAMMO!...three quarters worth of expensive beer and a hot dog and nachos all over that fugger.

Bugeater
01-04-2011, 11:44 PM
That's still too many.

alnorth
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm going with Vegas, we'll keep it close in a low-scoring game and lose by a field goal.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I could see this as the Chiefs vs. Colts circa 2006. Or I could see us rolling them in Arrowhead. I definately don't see the Ravens blowing us out.

I dunno, our O-line ain't the bitch slappin line of 2004 when we slapped that "murderer bitch Lewis" all over the place.

Dante84
01-04-2011, 11:47 PM

Even if its a snowy, grind it out kinda game?

Chiefshrink
01-04-2011, 11:48 PM
20-17, Chiefs.

Damn, I hope you are right!!!:thumb:

Buck
01-04-2011, 11:50 PM
My choice is based completely on the ass-raping that Baltimore delivered to New England last year in the first round.

BossChief
01-04-2011, 11:57 PM
IMO this is what it's gonna boil down to. Barry Richardson needs to step the fuck up a x do his job. If he is able to protect Cassel without help, that will allow Moeaki to play a big role in the passing game and that will keep their defense honest and unable to stack against the run. If he starts out getting owned like last week, Moeaki will have to play a bigger role as a blocker in pass protection and that takes away one of our better weapons in the pass game.

We need to be able to effectively pass the ball to win this one and Barry Richardson is the weakest link in the chain.

If Barry Richardson plays the game of his life, we can win this one in convincing fashion but if we shits the bed like last week, we may be in for a long day.

keg in kc
01-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Optimistic guess, 27-24 KC. I think we'll match up with them well offensively, but our defense will be as Jekyll and Hyde as it's been all season. I'd give us a potentially wide edge in coaching.

My hope for the best, prepare for the worst guess is 31-13 Baltimore. Veteran playoff team comes in and dominates a young squad who folds under the pressure of their first playoff shot.

FD
01-05-2011, 12:01 AM
I picked Ravens by 7, but I honestly would have done the same for most of our games this year. I'm just an eternal pessimist I guess. Hope they prove me wrong once more.

Bearcat
01-05-2011, 12:02 AM
My initial gut feeling was the Chiefs wouldn't really have a chance... look at the Ravens' schedule, now back at ours, now back at the Ravens'.... their last 3 losses have been Pittsburgh (which they split), @Atlanta, and @NE. Granted, they don't blow out teams, they've played a pretty brutal schedule and still have 12 wins.

OTOH, along with the part about not blowing anyone out, it doesn't look like a bad matchup for the Chiefs. Like TinyEvel said... no pass rush, opportunities for turnovers, conservative play calling... OTOOH, their strength, run defense, could shut down the Chiefs' strength.

So, my gut feeling is the Chiefs will lose a close game, where they're always one or two big plays away... something like 23-17.

DeezNutz
01-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Arrowhead in full throat. 31-21 Chiefs.

Roll Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
IMO this is what it's gonna boil down to. Barry Richardson needs to step the fuck up a x do his job. If he is able to protect Cassel without help, that will allow Moeaki to play a big role in the passing game and that will keep their defense honest and unable to stack against the run. If he starts out getting owned like last week, Moeaki will have to play a bigger role as a blocker in pass protection and that takes away one of our better weapons in the pass game.

We need to be able to effectively pass the ball to win this one and Barry Richardson is the weakest link in the chain.

If Barry Richardson plays the game of his life, we can win this one in convincing fashion but if we shits the bed like last week, we may be in for a long day.

They are not leaving B-Rich one on one with Suggs.

That guy is gonna be doubled the whole game most likely.

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
IMO this is what it's gonna boil down to. Barry Richardson needs to step the **** up a x do his job. If he is able to protect Cassel without help, that will allow Moeaki to play a big role in the passing game and that will keep their defense honest and unable to stack against the run. If he starts out getting owned like last week, Moeaki will have to play a bigger role as a blocker in pass protection and that takes away one of our better weapons in the pass game.

Excellent analysis!!

boogblaster
01-05-2011, 12:12 AM
I say 17-10 Chiefs ..

But we'll have to play like demens .......

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:15 AM
They are not leaving B-Rich one on one with Suggs.

That guy is gonna be doubled the whole game most likely.

I see your point but they will have to try in order to soften the Ravens Run D otherwise I think we are "up the creek". Alot of mismatches getting McCluster underneath is another way to get the Ravens run D to soften as well.

DeezNutz
01-05-2011, 12:15 AM
IMO this is what it's gonna boil down to. Barry Richardson needs to step the **** up a x do his job. If he is able to protect Cassel without help, that will allow Moeaki to play a big role in the passing game and that will keep their defense honest and unable to stack against the run. If he starts out getting owned like last week, Moeaki will have to play a bigger role as a blocker in pass protection and that takes away one of our better weapons in the pass game.

Actually, I think this game is going to be about trying to make sure that Ngata doesn't wreck our shit.

That's what I'm most worried about. I hope Wiegman is on PEDs for the week.

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Actually, I think this game is going to be about trying to make sure that Ngata doesn't wreck our shit.

That's what I'm most worried about. I hope Wiegman is on PEDs for the week.

Well Claywhit say's you have to double Suggs and you are damn right we will have to double Ngata. So you have 4 guys committed to 2 people, I don't like those odds.

Gotta screen and throw the underneath sh** creating mismatches with Charles and McCluster in order to soften the Ravens run D.

DeezNutz
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Well Claywhit say's you have to double Suggs and you are damn right we will have to double Ngata. So you have 4 guys committed to 2 people, I don't like those odds.

Gotta screen and throw the underneath sh** creating mismatches with Charles and McCluster in order to soften the Ravens run D.

Ngata is the Ravens best player, so he's priority #1.

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Chiefs first score will either be a FG to end the 1st half, or a touchdown in the 3rd quarter. Either way the game will be out reach as Cassel throws 11-34 for 82 yards and one interception. Ravens 24 Chiefs 10.

Hammock Parties

You double Ngata on running plays, double Suggs on passing plays. You don't have to double them both at the same time.

Chiefshrink
I hope Wiegman is on PEDs for the week.

Steroids would be better but that is too late now:doh!:

Imon Yourside
01-05-2011, 12:27 AM
So far we've been Jekyll and Hyde, We are definitely due for the former.

Fritz88
01-05-2011, 12:27 AM
I was pretty confident of a playoff win. I was expecting the Jets. It is the Ravens now.
No. We dont win. We lose a close one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
You double Ngata on running plays, double Suggs on passing plays. You don't have to double them both at the same time.

Ngata will be giving Cassel a colonoscopy on every passing play I'm afraid because Weigman doesn't have his "bitch slappin O-line of 2004". He is going to throw Weigman around like a rag doll when Cassel has to drop back.

DeezNutz
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Waters had a fucking awful game last week, so he needs to get his shit straight immediately. We absolutely have to have him at his best.

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Waters had a ****ing awful game last week, so he needs to get his shit straight immediately. We absolutely have to have him at his best.

The whole O-line for that matter. That was a disgraceful showing for sure and I'm not so sure Cassel will not go back to not trusting those around him and playing "flaky" again.

I mean finally I thought everything was coming together for the "O" and Cassel was gaining confidence because it looked like he was trusting his O-line and WRs and then last weeks performance by the O-line may have traumatized Cassel back into (PTSD- Post Traumatic Shitty Delivery)

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:38 AM
So far we've been Jekyll and Hyde, We are definitely due for the former.

You would think but losing respectively because you are trying to play generic is one thing but losing the way we did last week was not a good sign.:shake:

Ravens will definitely be "tasting blood in the water" after last weeks performance.

DeezNutz
The whole O-line for that matter. That was a disgraceful showing for sure and I'm not so sure Cassel will not go back to not trusting those around him and playing "flaky" again.

I mean finally I thought everything was coming together for the "O" and Cassel was gaining confidence because it looked like he was trusting his O-line and WRs and then last weeks performance by the O-line may have traumatized Cassel back into (PTSD- Post Traumatic Shitty Delivery)

I agree about the disgraceful showing of the o-line. Inexcusable. If the bold is true, however, we desperately need to look for a new QB with more testicular fortitude.

I'm going to be surprised if the Chiefs don't rebound nicely and play a strong game on Sunday.

Bearcat
Chiefs first score will either be a FG to end the 1st half, or a touchdown in the 3rd quarter. Either way the game will be out reach as Cassel throws 11-34 for 82 yards and one interception. Ravens 24 Chiefs 10.

Then all the haters rush to Chiefsplanet to discuss how Cassel is not the answer, countered with talk about the Jets beating Peyton Manning 41-0 in 2002!!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/oh_noes.gif

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Then all the haters rush to Chiefsplanet to discuss how Cassel is not the answer, countered with talk about the Jets beating Peyton Manning 41-0 in 2002!!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/oh_noes.gif

Really, my guestimated stat line will either be due to Cassel's fear of getting eaten alive by the Baltimore D-line, or because Bowe + the rest of the receivers collectively shit themselves and drop everything that comes their way. Then it becomes a drafturbator vs homer argument just as it was last year.

The thought that is ever present in my head is that this playoff appearance will set the franchise back a season or more for one reason or another.

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:50 AM
I agree about the disgraceful showing of the o-line. Inexcusable. If the bold is true, however, we desperately need to look for a new QB with more testicular fortitude.

I'm going to be surprised if the Chiefs don't rebound nicely and play a strong game on Sunday.

Let's hope or we need to pull a Ditka and give all are draft picks to Carolina and take Luck. I'm kidding of course:thumb:

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Really, my guestimated stat line will either be due to Cassel's fear of getting eaten alive by the Baltimore D-line, or because Bowe + the rest of the receivers collectively shit themselves and drop everything that comes their way. Then it becomes a drafturbator vs homer argument just as it was last year.

The thought that is ever present in my head is that this playoff appearance will set the franchise back a season or more for one reason or another.

NO,NO, NO, NO !!!!!!

zonachief
01-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I think cassel can throw on them with or without ed reed. Jerome Simson had 12 catches on them. I think Bowe goes buck nutty on them, so does Moeaki. Lewis or Suggs cant cover well...

Chiefs 20, Ravens 14.

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:53 AM
I think cassel can throw on them with or without ed reed. Jerome Simson had 12 catches on them. I think Bowe goes buck nutty on them, so does Moeaki. Lewis or Suggs cant cover well...

Chiefs 20, Ravens 14.

I'm diggin it Big Dog!!!! :thumb: Of course that is assuming our O-line doesn't brain fart like last week:doh!:

BossChief
01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Suggs plays on the right side, no? That would put him up against Albert more so than Barry Richardson for the most part. It will be very interesting what happens when we try to run to that side as it should be a god test for Albert and our pulling guards.

Lets hope these coaches are as good as most of us think they are cause they need to scheme to take away a lot of their weapons and fully utilize ours.

Chiefshrink
01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Suggs plays on the right side, no? That would put him up against Albert more so than Barry Richardson for the most part. It will be very interesting what happens when we try to run to that side as it should be a god test for Albert and our pulling guards.

Lets hope these coaches are as good as most of us think they are cause they need to scheme to take away a lot of their weapons and fully utilize ours.

Scheming is a must for the less talented team and if done right we could do very well IMO.

Bearcat
01-05-2011, 01:10 AM

Panic would be a big reason it could set the franchise back.... besides that, they weren't expected to make the playoffs this year, and may very well not be ready. One loss against a 12-win team will only be the end of the world here, not in the front office.

BossChief
01-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Thinking that us losing a playoff game to a veteran team would set us back is laughable.

However this game plays out, it will be a valuable learning experience to this young team.

Even if we get blown out.

WV
01-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Winnable game for sure and I like our chances a lot! The Ravens are overrated and long in the tooth, I say our Youth prevails in the end even with mistakes.

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Jones better get like 0 total carries

FYP

Time to let that pony run

If isn't good enough, so be it

BossChief
01-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Id be3 ok with Jones getting 3 or 4 carries...to close out the game once we are up two scores with less than 5 minutes to go in the game.

Fritz88
01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Thinking that us losing a playoff game to a veteran team would set us back is laughable.

However this game plays out, it will be a valuable learning experience to this young team.

Shitting our pants would set us back. A young team's fear of a veteran opponent would only be solidlfied if we lost badly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs=Champions
01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Im leaning towards a loss. though i get the feeling that this is going to be one strange game...

Rasputin
01-05-2011, 01:45 AM

This! Is exactly what we need for our young team. Win lose or draw we gain valuable experience going into this offseason. Hopefully we can win and continue to gain experience all the way to the super bowl, but that's a long shot any ways. Having this game is huge for our growth and hopefully just build from that.

Ming the Merciless
01-05-2011, 02:32 AM
WERE GONNA FUCKING WIN

yes

believe that shitr

01-05-2011, 02:50 AM
I could see this as the Chiefs vs. Colts circa 2006. Or I could see us rolling them in Arrowhead. I definately don't see the Ravens blowing us out.Frank Boal completely disagrees with you on each account.

JD10367
01-05-2011, 07:10 AM
When you objectively examine both teams and look at their recent history, W-L record, how they played, and who they played, even the most obvious Chiefs homer would pick Baltimore. But, as fatass Berman says, "That's why they play the games."

the Talking Can
01-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Cassel is getting paid $63 mill to win THIS game.....that's his job, be the best QB on the field...you can't spend all season gargling his balls and then say we have no chance AT HOME in a first round playoff game...

anyways, I think we win.....which means we're 99% sure to lose...

memyselfI
01-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Obviously the Chiefs are not afraid of the Ravens otherwise they would have showed up against the Raiders. FWIW, I think Lewis has had a bib on and licking his chops all week. The Raiders game tape is a tasty appetizer.

SCTrojan
01-05-2011, 07:26 AM
I'll be there to root them on, but I've got a bad feeling about it. Ravens in a walk.

TimeForWasp
01-05-2011, 07:26 AM
It all depends on how fired up the fans are. May sound lame, but I think The crowd could play a huge roll.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
01-05-2011, 07:29 AM
I'll be screaming at the TV every single play to fuck the Ravens up, but do I think it will happen? Ah...I was telling my boy about having a SB party and I told him I'd throw it and pay for everything if KC was in the SB. He laughed at me, but hey it's cool to at least dream.

ReynardMuldrake
01-05-2011, 07:31 AM
I think it will be a low-scoring defense driven game. I like the Hali-Oher matchup and I think Hali can be in Flacco's face all day. If we can sack-O the Flacco we can shut down their passing game and concentrate on the run.

Chiefs 20 Ravens 13

JD10367
01-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Cassel is getting paid $63 mill to win THIS game.....that's his job, be the best QB on the field...you can't spend all season gargling his balls and then say we have no chance AT HOME in a first round playoff game...

Not to start up the "excuses for Cassel" shit again, but... he may get paid $63M but he doesn't play O-line.

10 Chiefs wins: 12 sacks
6 Chiefs losses: 18 sacks

Rocket science, it is not. If the O-line takes the day off, Cassel and the Chiefs are toast. (Ask the 2007 18-0 Patriots what happens when your O-line shits the bed: even Tom Brady and Randy Moss can't save you.)

the Talking Can
01-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Not to start up the "excuses for Cassel" shit again, but... he may get paid $63M but he doesn't play O-line.

10 Chiefs wins: 12 sacks
6 Chiefs losses: 18 sacks

Rocket science, it is not. If the O-line takes the day off, Cassel and the Chiefs are toast. (Ask the 2007 18-0 Patriots what happens when your O-line shits the bed: even Tom Brady and Randy Moss can't save you.)

yeah, maybe read my post again...or read it for the first time...since you managed to completely miss the fucking point, which is no surprise at all

suds79
01-05-2011, 07:51 AM
I just don't think we'll be able to score much on that D with not being able to run it.

Furthermore, being faced to pass a lot, I think there's a good chance Ed Reed will get a pick. And when that man picks it, he's great at housing it.

I see the Chiefs scoring around 14 points or so and I just can't see the D holding them under that.

They've been to the playoffs 3 years in a row for a reason.

Hope I'm wrong and Jamaal goes bananas but..

Chiefs 13

Ravens 21

I fully expect Todd to try to steal a couple of possessions (Ex: onside kick) so perhaps that could tip the scales in our favor.

Chiefnj2
01-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Whether it is accurate or not, my gut tells me the Ravens front 7 is similar to the Raiders front 7, but even better. That isn't a good matchup for KC. My gut also tells me the Ravens are too balanced on offense, KC's young secondary is going to have lapses, no pass rush outside of Hali, and a sub par receiving group is going to make it a long day for KC.

The fan in me says Crennel is going to come up with a great game plan to neutralize Rice, Cassel is going to play like he did 2-3 weeks ago, Bowe is going to have a multi TD game, Waters is going to put Rey-Rey on his ass like he did 5 years ago, Moeaki is going to put up a few great grabs, McCluster will return to week 1 return form and Arrowhead is going to be so loud Flacco is going to fold.

InChiefsHeaven
01-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Our real hope is the Defense, and the crowd. We have great offensive weapons, but their defense is about 10 cuts above anything we've faced this year. I'm not afraid of their Flacco led offense, but after seeing what the Raiders did to us last week...I'm thinking it'll be a low scoring affair and I hope we're on the winning end of it:

Chiefs 13 Ravens 10

Lzen
01-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I think our offensive line can pass block the Ravens. Just for clarification, the Raiders are ranked #2 in the NFL in sacks. Baltimore is ranked #27. KC is #12. Just sayin'.

Graystoke
01-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Honestly I think Ravens by 10.
But on any given Sunday right?
Go Chiefs!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-05-2011, 10:04 AM
My honest take:

I watch the Ravens almost every week - hard to avoid them if I want to watch football here in MD. They are good, but they are not the "defensive" juggernaut they used to be. Their secondary outside of Reed is shakey and he's actually been the recipient of a number of deflected/overthrown passes that he's intercepted. Only a few of them has he actually "stepped in front of them".

The Defensive line is damn good but prone to overpursue so cutback lanes are there if the back is patient. Linebackers are still the strength of the team. Suggs though is not having the year he had a couple years ago. (Picks up a lot of bonehead penalties.)

They rely primarily on Suggs to blitz to get sacks. Ngata is great at plugging the middle but they can be run on to the outside. Suggs can be succeptable to the screen - he rushes in and the back can slip out right to where he was.

Flacco can be brilliant one play and completely boneheaded the next. He can misread coverages and sometimes convinces himself he can make a play that's not there. How do you miss Pomalau standing on the line and have NO one block him? (result, fumble - score)

Ravens do have good special teams.

It won't be an easy game, but it is winnable and I see the Chiefs up by 3 - 6.

Best guess: Chiefs 20 - Ravens 16

jsmax
01-05-2011, 10:05 AM
17-13 Chiefs on a defense Pick-6

MOhillbilly
01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
After the game sunday my first thought was 'this is gonna kill ticket sales'.

said all week i think the KC club has a punchers chance.

You that have been in toe to toe, fists flyin, ears ringin, black out, dust ups, know what i mean.
Good enough for me.
Chiefs win by 3.

Fairplay
01-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm going to pull the ultimate in homerism KCJohnny style and say we will win this game by a commanding lead.

warrior
01-05-2011, 10:29 AM
The young and determined Chiefs will kick some bird azz. Chiefs 27 killer birds 13

Bambi
01-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Come on snow vote!

Frosty
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
People keep saying that the Ravens' d-line is like the Raiders' but even better. I don't see that. Besides the difference in the 4-3 vs the 3-4, the Raiders' d-line is big and fast. The Ravens' d-line is just big. Other than when they had Croyle back there holding the ball too long, the Chiefs' o-line has played pretty well against the 3-4 this year.

Iowanian
01-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I think the Ravens will be able to run the ball. I think the Chiefs will get enough pressure on Flacco to contain the passing game.

I think the Chiefs will be able to run on the edges of the Balt D(not the middle) and if the line can block a meh pass rush, Cassel will do well enough in the passing game to win.

They can't be my bad girlfriend if I don't believe enough to be hurt when they cheat.

I want to see Ray Lewis weep.

blaise
01-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I just hope the Ravens don't score the first 14 points and then just spend the rest of the day squeezing the life out of the Chiefs.

ModSocks
01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Worst case scenario IMO, Balt 27 KC 10.

Ngata devours the double team of Waters and Wiggy, Suggs destroys Albert and our FB whiffs on important blitz pick ups. The Lb's get great penetration and Charles has no room to do anything. Jones gets the bulk of the carries anyway and gets some nice 2 yard runs.

The ravens dink and dunk their way down the field and wear out our D and Dominate the TOP.

Best Case Scenario: Chiefs 24 Ravens 13.

Chiefs passing game comes out hot and scores a TD early. Tamba Hali gets consistant pressure on flacco and abuses Oher. The balt WR's get no seperation and Carr has another outstanding game. Charles takes advantage of the overpursuing D and makes big runs off the cut back.

Old Dog
01-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Come on snow vote!

NOT this. In my opinion, a messy, run it up the middle on a slickish field type of a game only negates the speed advantage Charles and McCluster have.

ReynardMuldrake
01-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Chiefs passing game comes out hot and scores a TD early. Tamba Hali gets consistant pressure on flacco and abuses Oher. The balt WR's get no seperation and Carr has another outstanding game. Charles takes advantage of the overpursuing D and makes big runs off the cut back.

This is what we need IMO. If we can get a TD early, we can lean heavily on our run game while forcing Flacco to throw. If Hali does his thing it could be a Raven nightmare. Baltimore is not good at gameplanning adjustments and I do not see them staging a late-game comeback.

Old Dog
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
My head says that the Ravens win a close one, 24-17 or something along that line. My heart says 23-16 Chiefs. Since the OP asks for our "gut" feeling though, my official response is 20-17 KANSAS CITY.

Hog Rider
01-05-2011, 11:37 AM
KC > 30
Balt < 20

That is all,

JD10367
01-05-2011, 11:50 AM
yeah, maybe read my post again...or read it for the first time...since you managed to completely miss the ****ing point, which is no surprise at all

As for your uncalled-for tone in your response: go fuck yourself.

As for your post, I thought what you said was pretty clear, and I responded pretty clearly. I think the reading comprehension might be your issue, not mine.

1ChiefsDan
01-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Twitter: Ngata, Suggs and Reed not present during the media portion of Ravens practice.

plbrdude
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
20-17, Chiefs.

what will happen to someone whose been a chiefs fan since 1970?

BigRichard
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Here is a break down of our wins and losses sorted by the record of the other teams at the end of the season. That shows me that we tend to win over the weak teams and tend to lose to better teams. I hate to say it but we are a mediocre team. IMO we are where many of us thought we would be this year. We are a middle of the road football team that got lucky with a weak schedule.

I think our delusions of grandeur get slapped out of us this weekend. It will be an upsetting loss to say the least. I think the Ravens win by more then 10 points. I hope I am wrong but...

Ind 10-6 Loss
SD 9-7 Win
SD 9-7 Loss
Oak 8-8 Loss
Oak 8-8 Loss
Jac 8-8 Win
Sea 7-9 Win
Stl 7-9 Win
SF 6-10 Win
Hou 6-10 Loss
Ten 6-10 Win
Cle 5-11 Win
Ari 5-11 Win
Buf 4-12 Win
Den 4-12 Loss
Den 4-12 Win

Molitoth
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I think this will be just like the Raiders game. Our Offensive line will get completely dominated which will lead us to many 3 and outs. Our defense will keep us in the game for the first half, but then they will give up and just shut down.

bevischief
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Weiss will call his best game of the year.

InChiefsHeaven
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Here is a break down of our wins and losses sorted by the record of the other teams at the end of the season. That shows me that we tend to win over the weak teams and tend to lose to better teams. I hate to say it but we are a mediocre team. IMO we are where many of us thought we would be this year. We are a middle of the road football team that got lucky with a weak schedule.

I think our delusions of grandeur get slapped out of us this weekend. It will be an upsetting loss to say the least. I think the Ravens win by more then 10 points. I hope I am wrong but...

Ind 10-6 Loss
SD 9-7 Win
SD 9-7 Loss
Oak 8-8 Loss
Oak 8-8 Loss
Jac 8-8 Win
Sea 7-9 Win
Stl 7-9 Win
SF 6-10 Win
Hou 6-10 Loss
Ten 6-10 Win
Cle 5-11 Win
Ari 5-11 Win
Buf 4-12 Win
Den 4-12 Loss
Den 4-12 Win

Transversely, here is what the Ravens did:

Jets - W 11-5
Cin - L 4-12
Cle - W 5-11
Pit - W 12-4
Den - W 4-12
NE - L 14-2
Buf - W 4-12
Mia - W 7-9
Atl - L 13-3
Car - W 2-14
TB - W 10-6
Pit - L
Hou - W 6-10
NO - W 11-5
Cle - W
Cin - W

The Ravens are undoubtedly the better team, beat quality opponents consistently and wound up with a 12-4 record.

BUT....CHIEFS WILL!!!

Seriously, I have no reason to believe, which is why I do. I am a Chiefs fan.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Chiefs 26
Ravens 19

HemiEd
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM

anyways, I think we win.....which means we're 99% sure to lose...

I felt good about this game until last Sunday, but not quite so strong now.

But I have more faith in Haley than to let this team lose a home playoff game. I think he breaks the dry spell, due to his excellent game management.

Chiefs 14 to 13. Cassel gets to do the victory formation at the end of the game, in the red zone.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Weiss will call his best game of the year.

He damn well better and it would be in his best interest so that these "Florida F**ks" can see what they are getting:rolleyes:

Again, nice timing Charlie:mad:

You couldn't wait until after the playoffs:shrug:

Wallcrawler
01-06-2011, 05:17 AM
I say we stomp these Ravens.

All season long, the ravens offensive front has had problems protecting Flacco from different types of blitz packages.

The play Troy Polamalu made in the game the Steelers stole from them was a Safety blitz where he went unblocked and forced a fumble. Like the next 2 teams they played, they were running the exact same damn blitz and knocking Flacco's ass around, the Ravens were seemingly unable, or just unwilling to make the adjustment.

Crennel is a damn good coordinator. I think he comes into this game with a few surprises for Flacco and we get a big turnover at some point in the game. Im looking for Berry/Arenas on some DB blitzes at various points in the game to get after Joe Flacco.

Offensively, Jones has served his purpose. That purpose being making sure the Chiefs have a fresh legged Jamaal Charles for the post-season. Its time for the roles to reverse, and Charles needs to be on the field for the majority of the game. Feed him the ball early and often, let him establish a feel for the defense, and sooner or later he busts a big one on them. TJ's 2 yards and fall down isnt going to work this week, and its the easiest way to take the Arrowhead crowd right out of the game.

The offensive line needs to show up. Simply put. They phoned it in last week against the Raiders, and it showed. Cassel got killed out there, and threw 2 interceptions trying to get something, anything going on offense. Heads are on the chopping block on that O-line this week. Anyone phones it in this week, they may not have a job next season. It was an absolute horse shit performance against the most hated rival in the division and in our own stadium. Inexcusable performance. Allowed what, 7 sacks on Chiefs qbs? Pathetic.

Matt has to go back to being Matt. Take care of the ball, dont force anything. We cant turn the football over if we want to beat this team. Thats going to depend heavily on the offensive line showing up, and not bitching up.

I think we take the lead first in this game, defense makes some big stops and gets a turnover and the Chiefs grind the Ravens into the dirt at Arrowhead. No way we lose 2 in a row at home this year.

JOhn
01-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Seriously, I have no reason to believe, which is why I do. I am a Chiefs fan.

:thumb:
THIS

JD10367
01-06-2011, 07:30 AM

Ind 10-6 Loss
SD 9-7 Win
SD 9-7 Loss
Oak 8-8 Loss
Oak 8-8 Loss
Jac 8-8 Win
Sea 7-9 Win
Stl 7-9 Win
SF 6-10 Win
Hou 6-10 Loss
Ten 6-10 Win
Cle 5-11 Win
Ari 5-11 Win
Buf 4-12 Win
Den 4-12 Loss
Den 4-12 Win

There's no question that the Chiefs beat weaker teams and lost to better teams. There's also no shame in that. They are what they are: the #4 seed, and weakest division winner, but nonetheless they WERE the division winner and made great strides from last season.

Yes, the Ravens are better on paper. Yes, they have more experience. But there are plenty of other factors which come into play. Homefield advantage. The weather. The bounce of the ball. Certain players just going insane (e.g. Charles).

bevischief
01-06-2011, 07:44 AM
This is starting to sound like the MNF football game shit$y weather and all.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Twitter: Ngata, Suggs and Reed not present during the media portion of Ravens practice.

None of them practiced.

michaelj_58
01-06-2011, 08:08 AM
I don't know,but something is telling me chiefs play a good game this week,they can fix that five man front and max protect cassel.I think the defense is going to show up big time in this one.The ravens haven't been tearing it up lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YayMike
01-06-2011, 10:07 AM
My honest take:

I watch the Ravens almost every week - hard to avoid them if I want to watch football here in MD. They are good, but they are not the "defensive" juggernaut they used to be. Their secondary outside of Reed is shakey and he's actually been the recipient of a number of deflected/overthrown passes that he's intercepted. Only a few of them has he actually "stepped in front of them".

The Defensive line is damn good but prone to overpursue so cutback lanes are there if the back is patient. Linebackers are still the strength of the team. Suggs though is not having the year he had a couple years ago. (Picks up a lot of bonehead penalties.)

They rely primarily on Suggs to blitz to get sacks. Ngata is great at plugging the middle but they can be run on to the outside. Suggs can be succeptable to the screen - he rushes in and the back can slip out right to where he was.

Flacco can be brilliant one play and completely boneheaded the next. He can misread coverages and sometimes convinces himself he can make a play that's not there. How do you miss Pomalau standing on the line and have NO one block him? (result, fumble - score)

Ravens do have good special teams.

It won't be an easy game, but it is winnable and I see the Chiefs up by 3 - 6.

Best guess: Chiefs 20 - Ravens 16

Great points, and I agree with, I want to add a few things. The reason that I have a bad feeling is because the Ravens just seem to find ways to win. They seem to always be in the right spot (see Ed Reed). They believe their own hype. They know that if they play their game, (Run, Short Pass, leading toPunting and playing defense is a good thing) that they are still going to win. I don't think we are there yet. I really hope I'm wrong. I'll say Jamaal breaks a long one and we win 17-13.

Halfcan
01-06-2011, 10:41 AM
16 to 13 Chiefs in OT

Just a feeling, but I think we break the playoff curse this week.

Chiefs seem to be at their best when they are Huge Underdogs at home.

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I'd like to believe we can win....and we might. That said, I thought we'd be a 7-9/8-8 team in August, and we exceeded that. Fortune smiled, and we eeked out a couple of close ones over bad to mediocre competition. We are pretenders IMHO.

We have taken a big step forward, but we are a year or two away from being a real contender IMHO. I just hope we take that next step to get there in the next year.

TEX
01-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't really think the Chiefs have a chance. The Ravens have enough on defense to stuff the run and Bowe. I also feel they wil be able to run the ball all over us. It's not gonna be a pretty game. BUT you never know what's going to happen. That's why they play the games...

gblowfish
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I think we have a chance. But I think it'll be a tight game. I'm thinking 3 to 4 point win for whoever takes it. Don't see a blowout for either side.
Weather may be a factor. The sloppier it is, the better for KC, same as it was against San Diego in the home opener.

Extra Point
01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
CISCO's going to sue us for trademark infringement, if Ellison gets the smarts to (excuse me, hire someone else to) hold his monitor 90 deg CCW.

Start Croyle
01-06-2011, 02:32 PM
You guys will think I'm crazy, but I really believe this is what is going to happen! I actually had a dream about it last night!

Arrowhead is packed and chiefs fans are going crazy at the prospect of their first playoff victory in years! The atmosphere is electric and tensions are high! The chiefs begin the game strong and score the first touchdown, followed by a field goal. They manage to get past the Raven's defense while preventing a score. Cassel plays impressively, and after the first quarter, the score is 10-0 Chiefs!

Then it starts to go wrong! The Ravens return a punt in the 2nd Q for a TD! The Chiefs offense falls apart with sacks, a 3 and out, an INT and Cassel starts getting shaken up and making bad decisions! Now the Ravens are scoring tons of points and the Chiefs are down 21-10 at the half! Todd Haley yells and screams at Cassel during hafltime, which only makes the situation worse! At the beginning of Q3, he throws another interception and the score goes to 28-10! It is now halfway through the 3rd quarter, and just when Chiefs fans think the situation cannot become any worse, Cassel is sacked yet AGAIN and goes out of the game with a shoulder injury!

It looks dismal for the Chiefs! Some of the fans are filing out of the stadium in disgust! The Ravens players feel they have won the game. But there is still a quarter and a half left to play...After a time out, Haley decides to give the backup QB one last chance...CROYLE TAKES THE FIELD!

It's 2nd and 11, on the Chiefs 25 yard line. Croyle looks to throw but the Ravens break through yet again and the QB is sacked! The situation is bleak for the Chiefs. 3rd down and 15 yards to go. But suddenly, out of nowhere, Croyle heaves a monster pass to Dwayne Bowe! He goes all the way! TOUCHDOWN, KANSAS CITY! The score is 28-17, Ravens in front!

Two minutes left in the third quarter, and the Chiefs defense manages to get a critical stop! There's an 11 point deficit, but there is a deep stirring within the hearts of the Chiefs players and the remaining fans in the stands. They still believe! Go Chiefs! Let's do this!

The KC Offense takes the field and starts to get things done by moving the ball quickly up the field. Croyle moves with poise and precision while reading the Ravens defense. This time, he hits Moeaki for another quick Chiefs TD! Now the score is cut down to 28-24! Arrowhead is going crazy! Now the Ravens are in deep trouble and know they have to score or go home!

It's the 4th Q and the Ravens struggle to advance the football! After a long drive they are forced to settle for a field goal and the score goes to 30-24. The clock only has 5 minutes left in the game!

The Ravens man up and hold the Chiefs scoreless on their next drive. The chiefs get the ball back in their final posession with just one 1 minute left in the game. McCluster goes for an insane punt return and brings the ball all the way up to the Baltimore 48 yard line! The chiefs fight hard and get the ball to the 30. But the O-Line is getting tired and Croyle is sacked! After a short Jamaal Charles run, the chiefs are facing 3rd down with 12 yards to go, and just 15 seconds left in the game! Haley orders a time out and screams at Croyle until he's hoarse.

And then...IT HAPPENS! The ball is snapped and Croyle looks to throw. Two Ravens players break through the offensive line and the entire Chiefs season looks to be ended in a flash! But Croyle somehow breaks free from what would have been a sack and starts running downfield! Jamaal Charles makes a crucial block! Wait, no! It can't be happening! Can you believe it! CROYLE RUNS IN THE GAME WINNING TD! TOUCHDOWN! KANSAS CITY! After an easy PAT, the Chiefs are headed to New England! It's a PLAYOFF MIRACLE!

During the week, Cassel's shoulder turns out to be fine and he is okayed to play in the next game...But, after the heroic perfromance, Haley decided to go with a different QB against the Patriots!

wheeler08
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah your crazy

bobbything
01-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't see this being a Raven's blowout. If a blowout is forthcoming, I could see the Chiefs winning by a healthy margin. The Ravens don't exactly light up the scoreboard. They have a good, solid running back, a good solid QB, and a bunch of #2 wide receivers who all bitch about not getting the ball enough.

However, realistically, I think we're going to come out throwing the ball all over the place, with lots of play action. Simply because the Ravens are expecting us to run the ball. This might just be the perfect time for the pass to set up the run.

I'm sometimes a conspiracy theorist, but I really think that last week, parts of the terrible play looked intentional. Not that we weren't trying to win, rather, I don't see how a team can lead the league in rushing, and block that poorly, at home. It's simply not possible. There were times when it looked as if the offensive line pulled a Finch from "Wildcats" and simply stepped aside.

I want, really want, to believe that the coaching staff is trying to out-think the Ravens coaching staff. And because I'm a blind homer, that's what I'm gonna believe.

We come out using play action against their weak(er) secondary, get a 10 point lead, Charles carries us the rest of the way, while the Ravens play from behind.

Chiefs 20
Ravens 13

I'm daring to dream. And when I'm wrong, I'm probably going to break a cell phone or something during the game.

CupidStunt
01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Gut feeling is that the Chiefs have no business in a defensive battle. We're not physical up front on either side. This time last year Baltimore went on the road and just beat the shit out of a better Patriots team. I literally cannot see how they'll block Haloti Ngata; I think he'll move across the line and disrupt every play, much in the same way the Raiders front did for, what, 6 or 7 quarters out of 8?

I also have a shitty feeling that they're going to run Jones just like it's a regular season game, and we simply can't afford 10 carries for 17 yards in the 1st half. Charles needs 10-12 carries, at least, while Jones is simply a breather.

It's hard to ignore last week. Say what you want about it, but the lines got thrown around like a bunch of bitches. Their OL just bulldozed our front backwards, while their DL literally gangraped our 5 softies.

It goes without saying that I'd love nothing more than to be wrong.

Calcountry
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Its going to take an error free game by KC, plus a positive 2 in turnovers to eek out a win in this

InChiefsHeaven
01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't see this being a Raven's blowout. If a blowout is forthcoming, I could see the Chiefs winning by a healthy margin. The Ravens don't exactly light up the scoreboard. They have a good, solid running back, a good solid QB, and a bunch of #2 wide receivers who all bitch about not getting the ball enough.

However, realistically, I think we're going to come out throwing the ball all over the place, with lots of play action. Simply because the Ravens are expecting us to run the ball. This might just be the perfect time for the pass to set up the run.

I'm sometimes a conspiracy theorist, but I really think that last week, parts of the terrible play looked intentional. Not that we weren't trying to win, rather, I don't see how a team can lead the league in rushing, and block that poorly, at home. It's simply not possible. There were times when it looked as if the offensive line pulled a Finch from "Wildcats" and simply stepped aside.

I want, really want, to believe that the coaching staff is trying to out-think the Ravens coaching staff. And because I'm a blind homer, that's what I'm gonna believe.

We come out using play action against their weak(er) secondary, get a 10 point lead, Charles carries us the rest of the way, while the Ravens play from behind.

Chiefs 20
Ravens 13

I'm daring to dream. And when I'm wrong, I'm probably going to break a cell phone or something during the game.

Hmmm...do you think Cassel was on board with "the plan"?

bobbything
01-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Hmmm...do you think Cassel was on board with "the plan"?
It was his idea.

seamonster
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I disagree that the ravens have a "solid quarterback". I've had to watch many a baltimore game because I live in the DC market, and Flaco just looks unsure of himself as a professional quarterback half the time. Unlike castle he's capable of throwing something like five interceptions in one game and had sixty yars of total passing against the patriots last year. he can destroy a game.

In the end it's probably better the chiefs are playing an aging baltimore with a mediocre quarterback than the jets. if they can play clean with out henious turnovers, and put a quantified amount of fear into flaco, there's just no reason why they couldn't win this game. the ravens have talent, it just hasn't come together like it was suppose to this year.

at the same time the chiefs could just as easily get down early and quite in the first quarter, probably an impossible game for vegas odds people to figure out.

jettio
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
The thing I remember about last year's game was Kelley Washington catching a lot of third down passes that converted first down.

That might be the key, if the Chiefs have better third down defense against slot receivers now than they did then, which seems to be the case, the Chiefs can get an early lead and we may see Tamba Hali have an impact rushing the passer.

Ugly Duck
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
People keep saying that the Ravens' d-line is like the Raiders' but even better.

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/OAK/photos/clubimages/2011/01-January/010211-raidersATchiefs73--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

zonachief
01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I say we stomp these Ravens.

All season long, the ravens offensive front has had problems protecting Flacco from different types of blitz packages.

The play Troy Polamalu made in the game the Steelers stole from them was a Safety blitz where he went unblocked and forced a fumble. Like the next 2 teams they played, they were running the exact same damn blitz and knocking Flacco's ass around, the Ravens were seemingly unable, or just unwilling to make the adjustment.

Crennel is a damn good coordinator. I think he comes into this game with a few surprises for Flacco and we get a big turnover at some point in the game. Im looking for Berry/Arenas on some DB blitzes at various points in the game to get after Joe Flacco.

Offensively, Jones has served his purpose. That purpose being making sure the Chiefs have a fresh legged Jamaal Charles for the post-season. Its time for the roles to reverse, and Charles needs to be on the field for the majority of the game. Feed him the ball early and often, let him establish a feel for the defense, and sooner or later he busts a big one on them. TJ's 2 yards and fall down isnt going to work this week, and its the easiest way to take the Arrowhead crowd right out of the game.

The offensive line needs to show up. Simply put. They phoned it in last week against the Raiders, and it showed. Cassel got killed out there, and threw 2 interceptions trying to get something, anything going on offense. Heads are on the chopping block on that O-line this week. Anyone phones it in this week, they may not have a job next season. It was an absolute horse shit performance against the most hated rival in the division and in our own stadium. Inexcusable performance. Allowed what, 7 sacks on Chiefs qbs? Pathetic.

Matt has to go back to being Matt. Take care of the ball, dont force anything. We cant turn the football over if we want to beat this team. Thats going to depend heavily on the offensive line showing up, and not bitching up.

I think we take the lead first in this game, defense makes some big stops and gets a turnover and the Chiefs grind the Ravens into the dirt at Arrowhead. No way we lose 2 in a row at home this year.

So in essence what you are saying is.... Charles needs more.carries?

The Bad Guy
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM

Your takes fucking suck.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
You guys will think I'm crazy, but I really believe this is what is going to happen! I actually had a dream about it last night!

Arrowhead is packed and chiefs fans are going crazy at the prospect of their first playoff victory in years! The atmosphere is electric and tensions are high! The chiefs begin the game strong and score the first touchdown, followed by a field goal. They manage to get past the Raven's defense while preventing a score. Cassel plays impressively, and after the first quarter, the score is 10-0 Chiefs!

Then it starts to go wrong! The Ravens return a punt in the 2nd Q for a TD! The Chiefs offense falls apart with sacks, a 3 and out, an INT and Cassel starts getting shaken up and making bad decisions! Now the Ravens are scoring tons of points and the Chiefs are down 21-10 at the half! Todd Haley yells and screams at Cassel during hafltime, which only makes the situation worse! At the beginning of Q3, he throws another interception and the score goes to 28-10! It is now halfway through the 3rd quarter, and just when Chiefs fans think the situation cannot become any worse, Cassel is sacked yet AGAIN and goes out of the game with a shoulder injury!

It looks dismal for the Chiefs! Some of the fans are filing out of the stadium in disgust! The Ravens players feel they have won the game. But there is still a quarter and a half left to play...After a time out, Haley decides to give the backup QB one last chance...CROYLE TAKES THE FIELD!

It's 2nd and 11, on the Chiefs 25 yard line. Croyle looks to throw but the Ravens break through yet again and the QB is sacked! The situation is bleak for the Chiefs. 3rd down and 15 yards to go. But suddenly, out of nowhere, Croyle heaves a monster pass to Dwayne Bowe! He goes all the way! TOUCHDOWN, KANSAS CITY! The score is 28-17, Ravens in front!

Two minutes left in the third quarter, and the Chiefs defense manages to get a critical stop! There's an 11 point deficit, but there is a deep stirring within the hearts of the Chiefs players and the remaining fans in the stands. They still believe! Go Chiefs! Let's do this!

The KC Offense takes the field and starts to get things done by moving the ball quickly up the field. Croyle moves with poise and precision while reading the Ravens defense. This time, he hits Moeaki for another quick Chiefs TD! Now the score is cut down to 28-24! Arrowhead is going crazy! Now the Ravens are in deep trouble and know they have to score or go home!

It's the 4th Q and the Ravens struggle to advance the football! After a long drive they are forced to settle for a field goal and the score goes to 30-24. The clock only has 5 minutes left in the game!

The Ravens man up and hold the Chiefs scoreless on their next drive. The chiefs get the ball back in their final posession with just one 1 minute left in the game. McCluster goes for an insane punt return and brings the ball all the way up to the Baltimore 48 yard line! The chiefs fight hard and get the ball to the 30. But the O-Line is getting tired and Croyle is sacked! After a short Jamaal Charles run, the chiefs are facing 3rd down with 12 yards to go, and just 15 seconds left in the game! Haley orders a time out and screams at Croyle until he's hoarse.

And then...IT HAPPENS! The ball is snapped and Croyle looks to throw. Two Ravens players break through the offensive line and the entire Chiefs season looks to be ended in a flash! But Croyle somehow breaks free from what would have been a sack and starts running downfield! Jamaal Charles makes a crucial block! Wait, no! It can't be happening! Can you believe it! CROYLE RUNS IN THE GAME WINNING TD! TOUCHDOWN! KANSAS CITY! After an easy PAT, the Chiefs are headed to New England! It's a PLAYOFF MIRACLE!

During the week, Cassel's shoulder turns out to be fine and he is okayed to play in the next game...But, after the heroic perfromance, Haley decided to go with a different QB against the Patriots!

You are a pathetic piece of shit.

keg in kc
01-06-2011, 06:02 PM
You guys will think I'm crazy,Too bad for you you wasted so much time writing the rest of that crap. Should've stopped there.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM

Hop on the Titanic 2.0 and head out to an AIDS filled ocean please.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-06-2011, 06:12 PM

Join Start Croyle on his voyage please.

crossbow
01-06-2011, 06:19 PM
The Ravens don't need to field a flashy, explosive offense to win this game. They can methodically move down the field collecting first downs using efficient runs and short passes. Their run defense can shut down our best offensive weapon. JC might break off a few long runs because he is that good but we won't be able to punch it in if he gets stopped near the goal line at the end of those runs. So we settle for field goals and lose 24 to 15.

Now if JC takes it to the house on those runs then it comes down to who has the ball last and we could win on a field goal. But my gut feeling is they will control time of possession, take the crowd out of the game, and wear our defense down.

Weis can use schemes that force those large defensive linemen to run a lot. That wears them out and we can establish our running attack later in the second half after they are a bit winded. But the defense has to keep the score low in the first half so there will be enough time to out score them.

The Ravens have a stronger team. Everybody knows that. But the Chiefs have a chance if they want it badly enough.