PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ace sports at Oak Park mall offering buy 1 get a 2nd playoff ticket free

bevischief
01-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Ace sports at Oak Park mall offering buy 1 get a 2nd playoff ticket free. Heard it on 610 sports.

doomy3
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I'd call out there before I drove out there. They are known to lie in these ads, and I'd be shocked if they are really doing this.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I've bought from Ace once before, Flop and I swung by there the Saturday before the Monday Night game.

Dude usually has a LOT of tickets, and his prices are rarely, if ever competitive.

I'm betting that he still has them marked up enough to make money, even at "50% off."

Wouldn't mind a parking pass, however.

bevischief
01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Figure I would pass it for those without tickets...

Donger
Ace sports at Oak Park mall offering buy 1 get a 2nd playoff ticket free. Heard it on 610 sports.

Sure, but what's the price for the first ticket?

Mr. Flopnuts
I've bought from Ace once before, Flop and I swung by there the Saturday before the Monday Night game.

Dude usually has a LOT of tickets, and his prices are rarely, if ever competitive.

I'm betting that he still has them marked up enough to make money, even at "50% off."

Wouldn't mind a parking pass, however.

Yeah. I'd bet money that shit is marked up enough that he'll still make a few bucks. He's probably looking at losing a shit ton if he didn't do something. You've all seen Ebay the last few days. I'm in shock over this fan base right now. Are we gonna get 60k Chiefs fans this weekend? I'm seriously starting to wonder..............

bevischief
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Sure, but what's the price for the first ticket?

I have no idea and rarely go to mall and have nothing to do with them. Just heard the add on the radio passed on what was said.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I have no idea and rarely go to mall and have nothing to do with them. Just heard the add on the radio passed on what was said.

It's all good man. Maybe someone will get a deal. Good post.

bevischief
01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
It's all good man. Maybe someone will get a deal. Good post.

That was my thought. Aren't you coming up this weekend for the game?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2011, 05:24 PM
That was my thought. Aren't you coming up this weekend for the game?

Yep. I'll be up for this one. Looking forward to seeing you all again, and hopefully, a Chiefs victory. They're undefeated this year in games I've attended. Regular season games anyways.

bevischief
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Yep. I'll be up for this one. Looking forward to seeing you all again, and hopefully, a Chiefs victory. They're undefeated this year in games I've attended. Regular season games anyways.

Good then I will see you again this Sunday.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Good then I will see you again this Sunday.

Yes sir. Looking forward to it. You bringing Butthead? :fire:

Bearcat
01-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Buy one at 3x face value, get the second free!

Yeah. I'd bet money that shit is marked up enough that he'll still make a few bucks. He's probably looking at losing a shit ton if he didn't do something. You've all seen Ebay the last few days. I'm in shock over this fan base right now. Are we gonna get 60k Chiefs fans this weekend? I'm seriously starting to wonder..............

Eh, they've averaged 65-67,000 all season, and even had over 67,000 last weekend, so I'm not too concerned.

There are ~2300 tickets available on eBay.

Seahawks -- ~1780
Colts -- ~2700
Eagles -- ~3100

I think they'll sell, or people will end up going once they figure out they can't get 3x face for them because they're already marked up. Club level might only be half full, but I don't think it'll be at all noticeable in the other levels.... if I'm wrong though, it's one giant :facepalm: for Chiefs fans.

Donger
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM

Settle down, Beavis. I'm just pointing out the likely scenario before certain people jump in their cars to buy tickets (and then come and hunt you).

bevischief
01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Settle down, Beavis. I'm just pointing out the likely scenario before certain people jump in their cars to buy tickets (and then come and hunt you).

Just trying to point out before anything happens I am just passing on information that was on the radio and not come after me.

j_rake
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I would rather light myself on fire than purchase tickets from Ace. He is legitimately the biggest jerk I've ever encountered.

Phobia
01-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I would rather light myself on fire than purchase tickets from Ace. He is legitimately the biggest jerk I've ever encountered.

I have heard that 20-30x over the years out here.

Saulbadguy
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM

Tell us an anecdote, please.

j_rake
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Tell us an anecdote, please.

I don't have anything too crazy. My first encounter with Ace came in 2006. He was such a rude prick that I've just been messing with him in person or over the phone any chance I get. I often inquire about standing room only seats since it's hilarious to me that he always prices those in the $55-$75 range. Here are a few stories that I pulled from my gmail archives ...

Prior to Chiefs-Bills game, phone call, 2010:

"Hey, Ace, I am interested in standing room only tickets. How much are you selling those for?"

"They are $59."

"Wow..."

"But it's a soldout game, man. You can't even get standing room on Ticketmaster. Everything is gone. Seats are tougher now, everybody loves a winner, and so instead of getting seats many people are wanting the SRO's now. They're selling like crazy, man. I've got 3 left — they are going fast."

"Hmm...."

"I've also got some really good uppers, REALLY good uppers, and those are starting at ..."

"Oh, shoot. I just pulled up some SRO's on Ticketmaster. Looks like they are selling for Thirty-se..."

"If you can get them on Ticketmaster, good for you."

"Yeah, weird — cause you just told me I couldn..."

[Click]

Prior to Chiefs-Jaguars game, in person visit with out-of-towner mom who pretended to know nothing, 2010:

Mom says, "Hi Ace, is this game sold out?"

"You bet," Ace said. "I have all these tickets right here. They are marked down $20."

"From face?"

"Oh, no ... no? Are you kidding me? From face? You can't get a ticket in this town at face. Not a chance."

"Wow. Like ever?"

"Since as long as I've been doing this."

"Huh. Seems like there were a looooottttt of empties when I watched on TV the last few years."

"Standing room only starts at $60."

"Now where are those at?"

"Well, it's not actually a seat."

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Get me his mailing address. I'll show him the meaning of "jerk"

Al Bundy
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
He was one of my competitor's back in the mid 90's. I never really trusted the guy and the whole "Not going to sell the Derrick Thomas jersey's out of respect" nonsense irritated the shit out of me.

Sure-Oz
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a DB...glad i never made it out that way

j_rake
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
To be fair, he is a business man just trying to make a living. But his sales approach really, really sucks.

cosmo20002
01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't have anything too crazy. My first encounter with Ace came in 2006. He was such a rude prick that I've just been messing with him in person or over the phone any chance I get. I often inquire about standing room only seats since it's hilarious to me that he always prices those in the $55-$75 range. Here are a few stories that I pulled from my gmail archives ...

Yeah, HE sounds like a real jerk.

doomy3
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah, HE sounds like a real jerk.

Ace? Can you give us the details on your buy one get one deal?

Saulbadguy
01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
"Standing room only starts at $60."

"Now where are those at?"

"Well, it's not actually a seat."
:LOL:

Demonpenz
01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I can see why gary sold his half

DJJasonp
01-05-2011, 08:30 PM
The guy killed it during the 90's (hence the huge square footage he moved into in the late 90's).

As chiefs' success dwindled....so did his sales.....and hence, the move into a new, much smaller store in a not-so-heavy-traffic area of the mall.

He raped and pillaged people on chiefs tix during the early to mid-90's.

But hey, as they say....supply and demand.

But the thing to really hate him for (and other "brokers")....is the BS tricks they use to get their hands on so many tickets to begin with.

Same goes for concerts.

Bugeater
01-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Ticket brokers are all scumbags. I'll never buy a ticket from one.