PDA

View Full Version : Football Dolphins offering 8 mill a year to Harbaugh

The Bad Guy
01-05-2011, 10:35 PM
That's completely irresponsible. Complete joke of a franchise offering to make him the highest paid NFL coach. If he's worth 8 million, then the hoodie is worth 20.

keg in kc
01-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm trying to figure out who the fuck is going to take over the michigan job next year. I think those morons were counting on Harbaugh in Ann Arbor, and now they're left holding their dicks.

milkman
01-05-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm trying to figure out who the **** is going to take over the michigan job next year. I think those morons were counting on Harbaugh in Ann Arbor, and now they're left holding their dicks.

Brady Hoake.

The Bad Guy
01-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Jesse Palmer said tonight that Les Miles would take the Michigan job if offered now.

keg in kc
01-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Brady Hoake.Hoke terrifies me for some reason.

Al Bundy
01-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Dolphins..:doh!:

Michigan :doh!:

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2011, 10:42 PM
What are the Dolphins thinking? Every successful college coach to NFL story has ended in a bad way, and now you're offering the next one 8 mil a year?!?!

01-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Mass chaos after Parcells left. I think the Dolphins have like 45 part owners. that is strong leadership!

milkman
01-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Hoke terrifies me for some reason.

That's just the name I've been hearing on the radio all day long.

But I think I'd be more terrified of Les Miles.

The Bad Guy
01-05-2011, 10:44 PM
What are the Dolphins thinking? Every successful college coach to NFL story has ended in a bad way, and now you're offering the next one 8 mil a year?!?!

Not every one.

I think Harbaugh does a fine job in the NFL based on his bloodlines, but he shouldn't even be in the top half of paid NFL coaches let alone the richest.

keg in kc
That's just the name I've been hearing on the radio all day long.

But I think I'd be more terrified of Les Miles.Trust me, I am.

I could see them making that move, if for no other reason because there was so much (fan) pressure to hire him 3 years ago.

milkman

The difference is that Harbaugh runs a physical brand of NFL style football.

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Not every one.

I think Harbaugh does a fine job in the NFL based on his bloodlines, but he shouldn't even be in the top half of paid NFL coaches let alone the richest.
Not EVERYONE, of course, but recent memory suggests a lot more bad than good.

tk13
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Hoke terrifies me for some reason.

I'm going to be biased like Whitlock here, but you absolutely shouldn't be.

Rasputin
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Yea, Phins pay Habaugh that money, couple years and he will pull a Nick Saban.

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Not every one.

Sounds more like the new owner wants to take back the Dolphins as Miami's team instead of the Heat.

milkman
01-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Yea, Phins pay Habaugh that money, couple years and he will pull a Nick Saban.

I doubt it.

I think Harbaugh is an NFL guy.

If he preferred the college game, he'd take the Michigan job.

Brock
01-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Harbaugh can probably relate to NFL players just fine.

keg in kc
01-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm going to be biased like Whitlock here, but you absolutely shouldn't be.Heh, yeah, that part does scare me.

What I really don't like is his connection to Lloyd Carr.

There's a lot of weird shit going on in Ann Arbor these days, and I think Carr's responsible for a lot of it. His backers were the loudest voices against Rodriguez, and my little conspiracy theory is that they outed the practice violations to the NCAA. I think they've done everything they possibly can to undermine the guy (and I am not saying this because I'm in any way a fan of Rodriguez...). I don't think the AD is going to hire another coach without their stamp of approval, and I think it's just going to continue to spiral down the toilet bowl that began while Carr was still coaching. And I still say he's the reason the team's in the shape it is right now, and not Rodriguez. The problem really boils down to issues with recruiting from 2006-2007, specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

(There are other issues of course, namely Greg Robinson....)

It's going to be like Gunther taking over for Marty. Or maybe Herm taking over after Vermeil, after Gunther took over for Marty.

RealSNR
01-05-2011, 10:53 PM
This is the same franchise that traded for about 89 mediocre veteran QBs in 3 seasons

the Talking Can
01-05-2011, 10:53 PM
that's just stupid

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Not to mention, Miami's owner is a Michigan alum.

booger
01-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Heh, yeah, that part does scare me.

What I really don't like is his connection to Lloyd Carr.

There's a lot of weird shit going on in Ann Arbor these days, and I think Carr's responsible for a lot of it. His backers were the loudest voices against Rodriguez, and my little conspiracy theory is that they outed the practice violations to the NCAA. I think they've done everything they possibly can to undermine the guy (and I am not saying this because I'm in any way a fan of Rodriguez...). I don't think the AD is going to hire another coach without their stamp of approval, and I think it's just going to continue to spiral down the toilet bowl that began while Carr was still coaching. And I still say he's the reason the team's in the shape it is right now, and not Rodriguez. The problem really boils down to issues with recruiting from 2006-2007, specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

(There are other issues of course, namely Greg Robinson....)

It's going to be like Gunther taking over for Marty. Or maybe Herm taking over after Vermeil, after Gunther took over for Marty.

I think Gary Patterson would be a hell of a hire for them or anyone who can get him to leave TCU.

TEX
01-05-2011, 11:42 PM
that's just stupid

Yep. It's Al Davis stupid...

booger
01-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the 49ers have begun "initial" conversations with ex-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels about the vacancy in San Francisco.
Apparently the Niners haven't learned from the Browns' mistaken hope that immediately recycling Belichick disciples doesn't work. We don't doubt McDaniels' ability to maximize offensive talent, but in Denver he was clearly stretched with everything else, including picking a viable supporting staff. CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco has previously reported that the Niners' fall-back plan if they miss on Jim Harbaugh is to target a young offensive mind.
Source: Tim Kawakami on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Ugly Duck
01-06-2011, 12:33 AM
8 mil? I wonder what they offered Gruden before he turned them down...

Rasputin
01-06-2011, 12:37 AM
8 mil? I wonder what they offered Gruden before he turned them down...

The other thread that talked about this said 7mil.

Phobia
01-06-2011, 01:30 AM
I hope they realize that fans aren't going to pay $500 a seat. The NFL is absolutely crazy. The Dolphins want to buy an $8,000,000 coach but want to fight the players union on money issues weeks from now.

It's madness. Pure madness.

Bowser
01-06-2011, 01:38 AM
And all the while, Sporano still hasn't been let go.

CoMoChief
01-06-2011, 02:54 AM
HAHAHA, how man times are the Dolphins gonna hire a 1st timer NFL HC in effort to right the ship?

Nick Saban
Cam Cameron
Tony Sparano
Jim Harbaugh (possibly)

Jethopper
01-06-2011, 03:12 AM
For the love of Patrick Surtain this is ridiculous.

Buck
01-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Two things.

I think that Gruden wants to coach the Chargers...or else he'd be hired by now.

If Brady Hoke leaves SDSU I'll be devastated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
01-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Obviously there should be a rookie Head Coach salary cap.

bevischief
01-06-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm trying to figure out who the **** is going to take over the michigan job next year. I think those morons were counting on Harbaugh in Ann Arbor, and now they're left holding their dicks.

Herm.

DonTellMeShowMe
01-06-2011, 07:56 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcOtQRaaZFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcOtQRaaZFs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DonTellMeShowMe
01-06-2011, 07:57 AM
dude....I will be so pist if the Dolphins snatch him up...

And you guys are gonna LOVE this:
NFL source: 49ers have had initial discussions with former Denver coach Josh McDaniels in lieu of possible Harbaugh-Miami deal.
http://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/22875260365832192

DonTellMeShowMe
01-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the 49ers have begun "initial" conversations with ex-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels about the vacancy in San Francisco.
Apparently the Niners haven't learned from the Browns' mistaken hope that immediately recycling Belichick disciples doesn't work. We don't doubt McDaniels' ability to maximize offensive talent, but in Denver he was clearly stretched with everything else, including picking a viable supporting staff. CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco has previously reported that the Niners' fall-back plan if they miss on Jim Harbaugh is to target a young offensive mind.
Source: Tim Kawakami on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Yeah...NOT THIS %*&&%&#!