PDA

View Full Version : Life Soor the week before. ... somebody has been in my house.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Last week when I came home from work, I put my key in the front door and the door was already unlocked. I was 100 percent sure that I had locked it when I left that morning, and my wife left before me and got home after me. I was very suspicious because I was 100% sure that I had locked the door, but warily wrote it off as a freak occurrence. Nothing in the house was missing or disturbed.

Today when I went in to work I had a bit of an OCD thing going, in part because I was still sure I'd locked the door last week. I locked up, checked the door, and started to walk away. Something bothered me about it, so I went back and checked the lock again. Then I got out to the sidewalk, looked back, and went back and checked a third time.

Tonight when I got home, the door was unlocked again, and my wife wasn't home yet. Again, nothing was disturbed or missing.

So...what gives?

It's obviously not a burglar. Who breaks into a home and doesn't disturb anything and then leaves? And it's not like they're breaking in. The door is unlocked either with a key or it's unlocked from the inside.

Only the following people have a key or inside access:

1. Me. I didn't do it.
2. My wife. She says she didn't do it.
3. My cat has inside access but doesn't have a key. I don't think he could unlock the door without thumbs.
4. Our cleaning ladies. They come on Tuesdays, but these two events haven't happened on Tuesdays. (I was in the house this Tuesday when they arrived too, so it's not a one-week time shift.) It's been the same cleaning company for years, and the two ladies have been working our house for a couple of years or so. Not sure why they'd be coming in on a non-authorized day.
5. We have a basement apartment, and a new tenant moved in last month. She doesn't have a key to the house, but conceivably she could get into our house via the laundry room, which we share. It's her emergency exit in case of a fire or something and she knows it's off limits, but conceivably she could still get into the house. Not sure why she'd do it if she's not stealing stuff.
6. We have a longtime housesitter who has had a key in her possession at various times. Conceivably she could have copied it, but she's a friend of the family and she housesits anyway, so she has no need to break in while we're here.
7. One of our neighbors has a key as part of an "if we lock ourselves out" arrangement. They're friends and we've been neighbors for 15 years, so I don't see them coming in uninvited.
8. That neighbor has a new worker in his home (at-home business) who conceivably has access to our traded key if he knew what it was and where it was. I have a hard time imagining him breaking into our home with his bosses next door, though.
9. The neighbor also has a basement apartment. In a convoluted scenario, she could conceivably sneak into his house and steal our key, but that sounds as farfetched as eliminating the national debt.
10. The house is 104 years old, and I think the lock is original. If we have a ghost, the ghost would have the key as well as inside access. We've seen no evidence of a ghost, though I did see a TV show last week about the ghosts of Gettysburg, which could have prompted a visit from the spirit world. Not sure why a ghost would unlock the door, though.
11. We've done a lot of remodeling, so contractors have had keys in the past. It's been three years since the last project, though, which seems like a long time to wait.

Who else could it be? What else could it be? Who keeps unlocking my door?

01-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Maybe it's the guy who stole your bike?

Thig Lyfe
01-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Soor?

Just Passin' By
01-07-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm not saying that I know for certain, but never trust a cat

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4ybct7UEM1qar3rco1_500.png

BossChief
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
At least I cleaned up after myself...BTW can you please get some more BBQ sauce?

alnorth
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Would your cat need a key to unlock the door from the inside?

Extra Point
01-07-2011, 12:45 AM
It's that complimentary individual from a few weeks ago. Consider that a precursor to that stalkage. That, or someone at random likes the smell of your wife's panties.

Change the tumblers, and get new keys.

keg in kc
01-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I think I'd have changed the locks already.

TinyEvel
01-07-2011, 12:47 AM
IPIIHB

I Put It In His Buttertub

ZootedGranny
01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_weGW92MnANA/TC-GI8ykuwI/AAAAAAAAESY/B_gSbyQEihM/s1600/NN.jpg

Rain Man
It's that complimentary individual from a few weeks ago. Consider that a precursor to that stalkage. That, or someone at random likes the smell of your wife's panties.

Change the tumblers, and get new keys.

This seems possible. And there are worse stalkers to have, I'll say diplomatically.

Bowser
"Somebody broke into my house, stole everything I had, and replaced it all with exact replicates. I looked at my roommate and asked 'Did you see this?' He looked at me and said 'Do I know you?' "

- Steven Wright

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 12:50 AM

That was my initial reaction. But whoever it is isn't stealing anything or disturbing anything, and I want to know who it is. So I bought a motion detector security camera tonight. We'll find out soon enough.

pr_capone
01-07-2011, 12:52 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_weGW92MnANA/TC-GI8ykuwI/AAAAAAAAESY/B_gSbyQEihM/s1600/NN.jpg

I'm not going to sleep well tonight.

------

I would most certainly change the locks though I did once have a cat as a child that could open a closed, but unlocked, door.

That cat did not have opposable thumbs.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Would your cat need a key to unlock the door from the inside?

No, but I don't think he'd want to go out the front door. And it'd be really hard for him to jump high enough to unlock it.

Dave Lane
01-07-2011, 12:55 AM
That was my initial reaction. But whoever it is isn't stealing anything or disturbing anything, and I want to know who it is. So I bought a motion detector security camera tonight. We'll find out soon enough.

Very awesome plan I want to see the video...

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 12:55 AM
I have no idea why the thread title has that extraneous phrase in the front. Maybe there really is a ghost around here.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2011, 12:56 AM
A neighbor borrowed something without asking and summarily returned it without saying so. Simplest answer outside of you not locking your door.

Rain Man
Very awesome plan I want to see the video...

I'll post it once we find the culprit.

cdcox
That is really curious. Web cam would go up immediately.

It also seems that whoever is doing it wants you to know, since they are leaving the door open.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 12:59 AM
That is really curious. Web cam would go up immediately.

It also seems that whoever is doing it wants you to know, since they are leaving the door open.

Or as I said to my wife tonight, maybe they're coming in more often and they've forgotten to lock the doors twice. We know it's a minimum of two entries, but for all I know they could be coming in every day. However, I was at home two days this week on vacation and no one came in, so they either know when I'm there or really are just coming in twice and then leaving it unlocked.

Extra Point
01-07-2011, 01:01 AM
I'll post it once we find the culprit.

I'm looking forward to the youtube link, with the old man with the mask: "I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't have been for you stupid kids!"

Jewish Rabbi
01-07-2011, 01:13 AM
My cat used to open the freezer. They're smarter than you think.

alanm
01-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Kevin, The detective in me thinks it may be related to #4.
Not necessarily the cleaning ladies but someone who may have tagged along one time or more (family member) and knows who's key it is.
Would also explain how they could have access to the key.

KurtCobain
01-07-2011, 01:16 AM
It must've been the same people who left this in my house!

http://www.vigadget.com/wp-content/gallery/funny-2/why_boy_need_parents_25.jpg

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Kevin, The detective in me thinks it may be related to #4.
Not necessarily the cleaning ladies but someone who may have tagged along one time or more (family member) and knows who's key it is.
Would also explain how they could have access to the key.

In all seriousness, I wonder if perhaps they're cleaning other houses in the neighborhood and stopping in to use the restroom or something. Which would be completely unacceptable, especially if they're not locking the door back.

I think it's either them or the new tenant. The new tenant seems nice, but the killer always seems nice at first in those psycho tenant movies. If she's weird, maybe she's coming through the house as a shortcut to check the mailbox or something.

Even so, it would be a surprise if it was either of them. I have no reason to suspect them other than opportunity.

WebGem
01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
It must've been the same people who left this in my house!

http://www.vigadget.com/wp-content/gallery/funny-2/why_boy_need_parents_25.jpg

LMAO

That's fucking hilarious.

alanm
01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
In all seriousness, I wonder if perhaps they're cleaning other houses in the neighborhood and stopping in to use the restroom or something. Which would be completely unacceptable, especially if they're not locking the door back.

I think it's either them or the new tenant. The new tenant seems nice, but the killer always seems nice at first in those psycho tenant movies.

Even so, it would be a surprise if it was either of them. I have no reason to suspect them other than opportunity.I was thinking new tenant as well. But then I wouldn't understand why if she has access via your laundry room why would she egress out your front door. Why not leave the same way she came in?
I believe it's someone with a key.

Rasputin
01-07-2011, 01:23 AM
I wouldn't trust a garden Gnome :shake:

WebGem
01-07-2011, 01:23 AM
I was thinking new tenant as well. But then I wouldn't understand why if she has access via your laundry room why would she egress out your front door. Why not leave the same way she came in?
I believe it's someone with a key.

If it's someone with a key, wouldn't they lock the door on the way out? The fact they left the door unlocked twice is very weird.

cdcox
01-07-2011, 01:27 AM
The tenant was escaping from two fires in your basement apartment.

JOhn
01-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry, I forgot to lock up after stealing your wife's underwear :banghead:

KurtCobain
01-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Oooh yeah, you need to check underwear drawers.

alanm
01-07-2011, 01:31 AM
If it's someone with a key, wouldn't they lock the door on the way out? The fact they left the door unlocked twice is very weird.Yeah their being pretty stupid criminals.
It's either that or his lock on the door has gone belly up.
Had that happen at my parents home before with a old lock.
Swore that the lock locked when in fact it didn't.
It too was the original door lock when the house was built in 1913.

Buehler445
01-07-2011, 02:04 AM
You have the weirdest shit ever happen to you. Not kidding.

Buck
01-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Do you have a camera and a place you can hide it pointing at the door? Also something to hide the camera? And a video tape?

That should solve it.

wazu
01-07-2011, 02:10 AM
This one stood out:

"5. We have a basement apartment, and a new tenant moved in last month. She doesn't have a key to the house, but conceivably she could get into our house via the laundry room, which we share. It's her emergency exit in case of a fire or something and she knows it's off limits, but conceivably she could still get into the house. Not sure why she'd do it if she's not stealing stuff."

"Emergency Exit" can be loosely defined. Is it better for avoiding bad weather or something to go out that door than her own? Or maybe some other reason? Does the door unlock from the inside without a key?

wazu
01-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Also have to say it sounds like half the city has access to your house. Might want to just consider not even bothering with locking doors.

Talisman
01-07-2011, 02:20 AM
It could be that your wife is staging a three-month-long April fool's joke.

JD10367
01-07-2011, 05:34 AM
I have no idea why the thread title has that extraneous phrase in the front. Maybe there really is a ghost around here.

Well, now it's clear. It's obviously your multiple personalities, Sybil. Whichever one keeps going home for an afternoon nap is the same one that typed the beginning of that header before "you" took over.

Over-Head
01-07-2011, 05:38 AM
No Gaz optioon, this invistagation is horribly flawed :harumph:

Fritz88
01-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Maybe it's Kyle Ortn?

Mile High Mania
01-07-2011, 05:51 AM
The good thing is you've narrowed the list down to about 7 people that have a key or 'access' to your house. It could be any of them, or their friends... family, etc. Maybe I'm just not the trusting type, but I think you have way too many people with access to your house.

Who says they're not entering the house and rubbing one out as they watch you sleep? There you go... that'll make ya change the locks. :p

Pioli Zombie
01-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Sorry about your OCD. That can be brutal. But I thought of what it could be. It might be some big fat guy who comes into your house,rummages through your drawers looking for pictures of your wife, then he masturbates into his hands, takes a shit,wipes without washing his hands, and then goes around the house touching all the doorknobs.
Have a nice day :)

AndChiefs
01-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Homeless person living in your closet?

bevischief
01-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Homeless person living in your closet?

He would smell them.

Inspector
01-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Never trust the cat.

Mine used to take my car for joyrides. He even made a video and posted it on youtube.

That hairy little bastard!!!

KCKID58
01-07-2011, 06:39 AM
evil monkey in the closet

Baby Lee
01-07-2011, 06:43 AM

Just figured you were outing yourself as a Chinaman.

threebag
01-07-2011, 07:04 AM
How about Mr. Green with a paper clip and ball point pen.

Pioli Zombie
01-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Is this Badgirl?

Iowanian
01-07-2011, 07:34 AM
You should pay a couple of really strong tough guys to come over, move your boulders into the back yard...and then hang out and whip the perp with a belt and duct tape them inside your drier so you can turn it on in short bursts until they confess why they've done this deed.

Claymore mines might work too, but I think it would be messy for the cleaning lady.

mlyonsd
01-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Change the locks. Then you'll know if it's your wife messing with you or you're going crazy.

True story here.

The guy I hired to help me wire my new house was a neighbor that lived across the street. I had known him for years and he had wierd stories just like yours. For example he said one day he went into his basement shower and when he came out his golf clubs were strewn all over the floor like they were tossed.

He also thought people were getting into the house while he and his wife were at work. So he rigged cameras all over the place but couldn't catch them. He thought people were still coming in because stuff was being moved around.

He even installed a door opening counter on his entry way from the garage and into his house because that's where he thought they were getting in.

My other neighbor and me didn't know if he was bat chit crazy or his wife was messing with him. He became obsessed with it.

So fast forward to when I was building my house and he was doing part of the electrical work. It's out in rural country where we might get 2 vehicles to pass the house daily.

He started telling me people were following him out to the building site and when he tried to confront them they'd always get away. Then one day he said he was sure somebody had tampered part of his work at the house. Luckily it was when we were almost finished. I didn't know whether to believe him, if there were ghosts haunting him, or what. I was just glad to get the house done.

He ended up divorcing his wife and moving out of town. None of my old neighbors have heard from him in about 6 years.

Rain Man, is your name Kent? If so there are some people wondering if you're still alive.

RockChalk
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Did you tell your wife about the camera?

Mile High Mania
01-07-2011, 08:42 AM
You're going to log in and see a freakshow like this on the video...

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KsDoTC5TCxY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Subscribed.

Bwana
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
It's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/ghosts/poltergeist_2.jpg

Mile High Mania
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Is there a well in your basement? If so, you may need to make amends...

http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2005/11/ring_1_copy0.jpg

jspchief
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Hope you don't catch your wife in some unsavory activity.

MOhillbilly
01-07-2011, 08:53 AM
what if its one of those attic dwellers that come out after the family is gone. I seen something about em on the idiot box awhile back.

for real dude.

RockChalk
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Hope you don't catch your wife in some unsavory activity.

That's why I asked if he told his wife about the camera

Mile High Mania
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Do you hear whispers when you're alone in the house?

Could be ... the Others! Or, possibly Jacob?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2011, 08:57 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4152525093_d436fe2f26.jpg

KCUnited
01-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Travis Henry.

ForeverChiefs58
01-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Maybe it is Gaz.

kepp
01-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Check your crawlspace.

ChiTown
01-07-2011, 09:19 AM
You're going to log in and see a freakshow like this on the video...

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KsDoTC5TCxY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

LMAO

HemiEd
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM

Especially since half of the 303 area code already has access.

Iowanian
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
It's probably a competitor trying to get into your head.

Your bids have been too successful lately, so your former boss is trying to play with your mind to keep you awake as night so you'll not be as sharp in client meetings. That bastard.

It's odd that the door is unlocked. I think the obvious step is to change the locks. Other option...Nanny cam.

trndobrd
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Leave home at your usual time, drive away in the normal direction and park your car three blocks away. Walk back to your house on a side street and enter the house through the back door. Sit down in a chair in a dark corner. Wait patiently.

salame
01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
At least I cleaned up after myself...BTW can you please get some more BBQ sauce?

you are quickly becoming the king of gay sigs lol

Pushead2
01-07-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Ted-Williams-Golden-Radio-Voice.jpg

pr_capone
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
you are quickly becoming the king of gay sigs lol

Says the guy with the oversized sig which is against forum rules which is featuring 2 cats.

salame
01-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Says the guy with the oversized sig which is against forum rules which is featuring 2 cats.

your mom goes to college

jspchief
01-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Yes. enough cats already.

Buehler445
01-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Travis Henry.

ROFL

Donger
01-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Schlage locks are easy.

Window Licking Whiner
01-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Edit: NM saw the poll option.

Hate to say it. What if your wife is coming home on her lunch break to meet up with another guy/girl? And after her escapade as she is so flushed forgets to relock the door.

Frazod
01-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I'd change the locks. If somebody is actually breaking into your house and not stealing anything, that's extra-creepy. I'd hate to see you end up being the inspiration for a future episode of Criminal Minds.

Also, have you seen Paranormal Activity?

zonachief
01-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Leave home at your usual time, drive away in the normal direction and park your car three blocks away. Walk back to your house on a side street and enter the house through the back door. Sit down in a chair in a dark corner. Wait patiently.

"I've been expecting you, Mister Bond."

FRCDFED
01-07-2011, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't have said anything to the wife until I determined whether or not she was engaged in some paranormal activity of her own. As a matter of fact at this point I would just tell her that it must have been your imagination and let her watch you take down the camera's. Put them up somewhere more discreet later.

Not saying she is doing anything but at this point everyone is a suspect!

Old Dog
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
If your lucky it's something savory involving the wife with the cleaning ladies, the house sitter, AND the basement tenant. I would probably set up a camera in the bedroom too...just in case.

Donger
01-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Interesting light fixture over the dining room table, BTW.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Interesting light fixture over the dining room table, BTW.

Thanks. I - hey.

Donger
01-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks. I - hey.

LMAO

Pants
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Def. not the "wife cheating" option. People who cheat are probably extremely paranoid and extra careful in trying to cover their tracks. No way would a cheating wife forget to lock the door. My guess is that it's a ghost.

ReynardMuldrake
01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Soor did you figure out who it is yet?

salame
01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
comeatmebro

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Okay, while I'm waiting for the nannycam to arrive, I've gone old school. I went out the side door today, and photographed the fact that the door is locked, per Exhibit 1 below. Additionally, I have cleared the cat of any suspicion, so he and I are working together. We placed several of his cat toys at the foot of the door, per Exhibit 2 below. (Sorry about the sun glare.) Our cat has agreed to not play with them today, and we'll see if they're moved tonight when I get home.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 10:46 AM
If your lucky it's something savory involving the wife with the cleaning ladies, the house sitter, AND the basement tenant. I would probably set up a camera in the bedroom too...just in case.

I like your thinking.

stevieray
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Okay, while I'm waiting for the nannycam to arrive, I've gone old school. I went out the side door today, and photographed the fact that the door is locked, per Exhibit 1 below. Additionally, I have cleared the cat of any suspicion, so he and I are working together. We placed several of his cat toys at the foot of the door, per Exhibit 2 below. (Sorry about the sun glare.) Our cat has agreed to not play with them today, and we'll see if they're moved tonight when I get home.

that's one cool cat.

Old Dog
01-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I like your thinking.

I hope that's it, but I imagine the much more plausible option is that the 104 year old lock has been worn and simply fails from time to time.

mesmith31
01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Option 12:

Bump Key

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hr23tpWX8lM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hr23tpWX8lM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Iowanian
01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I know who did it.

KEVIN!
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxhMPj6uPRttyqm4_IWZLT1hh6xFhcV4utzi2PUM2rNp-uf3SE

It was THESE TWOSE GUYS
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs2FxMZ5X5E0IoTmkaBnFk6Cjnpn_vh7LSofcBUlv7CR1IztRu

Now....all you have to do is leave toys on the floor and swing the paint cans from the foyer lighting.

Iowanian
01-07-2011, 11:23 AM
When I was in my first job after college, I was pretty convinced someone was coming into my apartment.

I'd come home, cabinets and drawers would be open...and it smelled like someone had been smoking.

I worked 20 miles away, but I took a guy from work and a claw hammer home at different times during the day to try to catch someone but never did.

I threw away any food item that had been opened...I wasn't eating any peanut butter that may have had a hobo's dickie in it.

Sofa King
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4152525093_d436fe2f26.jpg

this post isn't getting the credit it deserves.

awesome reference Mr. Mr Tomahawk.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 11:54 AM
this post isn't getting the credit it deserves.

awesome reference Mr. Mr Tomahawk.

I wish I understood it. It may be a clue.

Sofa King
01-07-2011, 11:55 AM
personally i think it's the basement dweller.

Otter
01-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Seems to be a lot of this going around lately. Set up a web cam to run consistently and you can both record it and monitor it from work as long as you have a VPN capable router.

It's easier than it sounds and I could point you to some easy directions if you want.

Sofa King
01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I wish I understood it. It may be a clue.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rjvt6xqKwV8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rjvt6xqKwV8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLWNgt-x4Gk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLWNgt-x4Gk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"Teeny Little Super Guy was a regular on Sesame Street when I was a child. It was stop-motion animation at its finest… at the time."

Valiant
01-07-2011, 12:19 PM

I think it's either them or the new tenant. The new tenant seems nice, but the killer always seems nice at first in those psycho tenant movies. If she's weird, maybe she's coming through the house as a shortcut to check the mailbox or something.

Even so, it would be a surprise if it was either of them. I have no reason to suspect them other than opportunity.

Toothpick or tape her door to see if it is open. I would set up webcam on the main door off of motion.

mesmith31
01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Reminds me of this guy who had a homeless person living in his apartment for a while before he found her...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/06X9qXTvKNQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/06X9qXTvKNQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sofa King
01-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Reminds me of this guy who had a homeless person living in his apartment for a while before he found her...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/06X9qXTvKNQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/06X9qXTvKNQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i kept waiting for something to jump out and scare me.

FRCDFED
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=mesmith31;7328598]Reminds me of this guy who had a homeless person living in his apartment for a while before he found her...
QUOTE] :doh!:He drank from the same milk carton out of the fridge. I thought he was gone to work but that took some balls to do that in the middle of the night while he was sleeping. Was she watching TV midway through? It looked liek it with the light flashing.

Chiefs Rool
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
could be a stalker who wants to feel up your home a little bit or look for a great hiding place. Or it could be a pervert sniffing your wifes panties. It could be a ghost fucking with you. Maybe your cleaning ladies keep forgetting shit and come back to get it.

My guess is a pervert.

Old Dog
01-07-2011, 01:34 PM
My guess is a pervert.

We're not talking about Rain Man. He's trying to figure out who is unlocking the door.

Slayer Diablo
01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
You should put one camera on the outside and one on the inside. If someone's just messing with you, that person--depending on who it is--could just unlock it from whichever side they're on and leave...never actually opening your door.

That said, if they're not stealing anything physical/tangible that you would notice, perhaps they're searching for information...or something specifically hidden. Have you checked the legs of your furniture to make sure they're perfectly centered in their own indentations? If they've been moved, that's a good indication that somebody's been searching...possibly to see under or behind something. Or you could check login times on the home computer. Or see if the television station has been changed while you were gone...that one would go more towards the tenet pretending she lives upstairs.

Iowanian
01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
wait....I've heard this story before too.

Let me guess....

they climbin in yo windows and snatching your people up?
Hide yo wives, hide yo cats and hide yo huzbands cause they rapin e'erbody round here.

trndobrd
01-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Given the past issues with bears in the back yard, you should also check your porridge, chairs and beds.

TimeForWasp
01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Leave a note on the coffee table . If you are gonna come in my house without my permission, at least clean the toilet.

TimeForWasp
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
wait....I've heard this story before too.

Let me guess....

they climbin in yo windows and snatching your people up?
Hide yo wives, hide yo cats and hide yo huzbands cause they rapin e'erbody round here.

Theyz rapin everybody

Ebolapox
01-07-2011, 01:59 PM
is this in the haunted house you were contemplating on buying a while back? there's your answer.

Iowanian
01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Leave a note on the coffee table . If you are gonna come in my house without my permission, at least clean the toilet.

I think you should leave a note too, but only so they'll have something to read when they come to, realizing that they've been caught in your deadfall, spring trap or punji stake pit in the hole you've sawed in the floor under the entry way carpet.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Seems to be a lot of this going around lately. Set up a web cam to run consistently and you can both record it and monitor it from work as long as you have a VPN capable router.

It's easier than it sounds and I could point you to some easy directions if you want.

I really, really, really wanted to do the webcam just because it seemed cool, but apparently you have to have a home computer to transmit the camera signal toward, and that computer has to have internet access. I work off a laptop with mobile internet, so I have neither. If there's another way to work it, I'm in.

patteeu
01-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I tried to tell you that wasn't how you were supposed to throw a key party.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 02:21 PM
is this in the haunted house you were contemplating on buying a while back? there's your answer.

Y'know, that house is still for sale. Some Realty company bought it for about $650,000 when it was listed residential, and now they're listing it as a commercial property for something like $799,000. I'm still very interested in it, but my wife won't even take a look.

Old Dog
01-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Y'know, that house is still for sale. Some Realty company bought it for about $650,000 when it was listed residential, and now they're listing it as a commercial property for something like $799,000. I'm still very interested in it, but my wife won't even take a look.

That's because you would have to get a new tenant, neighbor, and new pair of housekeepers.....I think we may be on to something here.

Norman Einstein
01-07-2011, 02:31 PM
It wasn't me. I was out of town.

Did you look around to see if you had any extra stuff?

Maybe it was a government "Robin Hood" type. Are you rich? If not they might be leaving money in inconspicuous places.
If you're rich they might be taking inventory so they can plan the big move.

Sofa King
01-07-2011, 02:38 PM
you didn't lose $300 cash did you?

only dumbasses keep $300 cash in their own house.

AustinChief
01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I really, really, really wanted to do the webcam just because it seemed cool, but apparently you have to have a home computer to transmit the camera signal toward, and that computer has to have internet access. I work off a laptop with mobile internet, so I have neither. If there's another way to work it, I'm in.

All you need is a wireless network at home... Get a wireless IP cam, set it up, view from anywhere.

These are some sweet pan/zoom, night vision ones... http://www.foscam.us/

Mr_Tomahawk
01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Updates?

Groves
01-08-2011, 08:45 PM
a) Kid up the street is practicing his bump key skills.

b) Someone is doing market research on you.

Rain Man
01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Updates?

No sneakins yesterday. Cat toys were still in place.

morphius
01-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Have you checked your closet for any Lazlo's?

KCrockaholic
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM

You can see her moving in the crawl space while he's setting up the camera.....

LiL stumppy
01-12-2011, 11:15 PM
ever catch anyone?

alnorth
01-12-2011, 11:22 PM
If no one at all disturbs the lock on your door, you might be tempted to think that maybe you were imagining things. Perhaps no one was breaking in after all, and you were just paranoid.

Resist that temptation, Rain Man. You know that you checked your locked door three times, and you know someone broke in. That someone obviously is a member of this internet message board, they saw this thread, and they are now laying low, refraining from breaking into your happy cat-filled home.

Don't relax your vigilance. The intruder, whether man, ghost, or feline, will return; you just have to wait until they think you are no longer paying attention.

kysirsoze
01-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Aw man. After reading this thread I am convinced it's a bad lock and nothing more. I really hope I'm wrong cause that's boring as hell.

LiveSteam
01-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Change the locks for sure. give no one a key but your wife. If weird things still keep happening???
Hire a private investigator to watch the house & figure out whats going on. or a friend you trust. & dnt tell anyone you have the house being cased, why you are gone.

Rain Man
01-13-2011, 12:25 AM
no new developments today. I think the intruder knows that i'm on the case. but the greatest warriors are time and patience, and I will eventually snare my quarry.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
01-13-2011, 06:36 AM
no new developments today. I think the intruder knows that i'm on the case. but the greatest warriors are time and patience, and I will eventually snare my quarry.
Posted via Mobile Device

One day as I came home early from work, I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy...why are you doing that for?" He said, "Because you came home early."

http://learnsomethingnewtoday.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/rodney-dangerfield.jpg

Omaha
01-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Get a new toothbrush immediately!

Omaha
01-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Who knows about the camera?

patteeu
01-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Who knows about the camera?

Only people who have the internet.

Rain Man
01-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Only people who have the internet.

Yeah, I'm keeping it quiet, so don't send this link to anybody.

Today's a big day. The last two weeks, it's happened on a Wednesday or a Thursday if I remember right.

Lzen
01-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Soor?

Reminds me of this song...
Soor, are you breathing
No, no
Are you breathing
So, are you breathing
No

[x2]
Wake up, are you alive
Will you listen to me
I'm gonna talk about some freaky shit now
Someone is gonna die
When you listen to me
Let the living die, Let the living die
(say)

[Chorus:]
Are you breathing, no?
Do the wicked see you?
You still breathing?
You're making me known
Are you breathing, no?
Do the wicked see you?
You still breathing?

[x2]
What's up? I wonder why?
Do you listen to me?
I'm gonna make you do some freaky shit now
Insane, you're gonna die
When you listen to me
Let the living die, let the living die
(say)

[Chorus]

Can't you imagine how good going through this will make you feel?
I promise, no one will ever know
There will be no chance of you getting caught
They never loved you anyway
So come on, be a man
And do what you are compelled to do Save Me God, God [x10]

I can hear the voice But I don't want to listen
Strap me down and tell me I'll be alright
I can feel the subliminal need To be one with the voice
And make everything alright
I can hear the voice But I don't want to listen
Strap me down and tell me I'll be alright
I can feel the subliminal need To be one with the voice
And make everything alright

[Chorus]

So, are you breathing? So, do you breathe no, no?
So, are you breathing? So, do you breathe no?

patteeu
01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Rain Man needs to get a webcam hooked up and then stream the video to this thread so we can all watch in real time.

Rooster
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
This is very exciting.

Iowanian
01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Rain Man needs to get a webcam hooked up and then stream the video to this thread so we can all watch in real time.

Like the one on the Mexican beach resort or the African water hole.

Dave Lane
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM

I just had a bit of fortune happen to me maybe I should buy it. The upkeep on the sandstone is frightening though

patteeu
01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Like the one on the Mexican beach resort or the African water hole.

Exactly.

Slayer Diablo
01-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I am waiting with so much pent up anticipation...

Jewish Rabbi
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
I like how well your bedroom sheets match the curtains, Rain Man.

DeezNutz
01-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Huh. I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

Posted via TapaTalk inside Rain Man's house

JD10367
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
I like how well your wife's carpet matches the drapes, Rain Man.

:eek:

Dante84
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Soor? What happened?

KurtCobain
01-13-2011, 06:19 PM
:eek:

Soor, he's the one who's been sneaking in with his wife for the affair!

-King-
01-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Off topic: I never knew favorite was an adjective.

Rain Man
01-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Off topic: I never knew favorite was an adjective.

It's my favorite one.

Rain Man
01-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Okay, I'm heading home. Let's see what's happening.

Jewish Rabbi
01-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Okay, I'm heading home. Let's see what's happening.

Way to let them know!

Mr_Tomahawk
01-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Aaaaaaaand...?

bevischief
01-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Whatever it was got him?

Slayer Diablo
01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Whatever it was got him?

I think the cat may have turned on Rainman just before he turned on the video, and they got into an epic battle.

Rain Man
01-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Way to let them know!

Sorry. I'm new at this.

We continue to engage in a battle of wits. The culprit is lying low again, but when he/she/it reappears, I'll be ready. I'll be ready....

Rausch
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
One day as I came home early from work, I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy...why are you doing that for?" He said, "Because you came home early."

http://learnsomethingnewtoday.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/rodney-dangerfield.jpg

LMAO

Kidd Lex
01-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Sorry. I'm new at this.

We continue to engage in a battle of wits. The culprit is lying low again, but when he/she/it reappears, I'll be ready. I'll be ready....

Rain Man how are your sleeping habits? Are you a fan of the movie Fight Club?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
It's me!

Mr_Tomahawk
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
sumbitch...

Rain Man
01-18-2011, 10:36 PM
We're in a tense standoff right now. Whoever it is, they know that I'm onto them, because they're not making a move.

kysirsoze
01-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Rainman, I'm really gonna need you to at least make something up to give me some closure on this. All the waiting around and uncertainty is killing me.

trndobrd
01-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Rainman, I'm really gonna need you to at least make something up to give me some closure on this. All the waiting around and uncertainty is killing me.

You think this is bad, try getting shot down over Europe and spending an eternity in a German POW camp.

TimeForWasp
01-19-2011, 04:18 AM
Yes. enough cats already.

how bout a cool cat like this one?

Slayer Diablo
01-26-2011, 11:10 AM
We're in a tense standoff right now. Whoever it is, they know that I'm onto them, because they're not making a move.

Maybe it's the girl who can get in from downstairs...and she got onto you because the cat is a double agent--especially one who can't resist being rubbed behind the ears.

alanm
01-26-2011, 11:54 AM
You think this is bad, try getting shot down over Europe and spending an eternity in a German POW camp.ROFL:LOL:ROFL Ain't it the truth. It's a good thing Kevin wasn't Eisenhower in another life. :D

Rain Man
01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Okay, when I was walking to work I saw the maid service's car a few blocks away. Let's see tonight if they've been visiting.

loochy
01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Okay, when I was walking to work I saw the maid service's car a few blocks away. Let's see tonight if they've been visiting.

Alright man make sure your camera is good to go...this has been dragging on for too long.

Dave Lane
01-26-2011, 01:59 PM
ROFL:LOL:ROFL Ain't it the truth. It's a good thing Kevin wasn't Eisenhower in another life. :D

Hell I've been sitting in a bomber on a tarmac waiting for clearance to take of for nearly a decade, I'm assuming the B-17 has got to be running on fumes by now.

Slayer Diablo
01-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Maids? No maids?

JOhn
01-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Hell I've been sitting in a bomber on a tarmac waiting for clearance to take of for nearly a decade, I'm assuming the B-17 has got to be running on fumes by now.

I managed to escape from the POW camp, no thanks to our fearless leader. :(

Mr_Tomahawk
01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
This thread may be an early nominee for biggest upset of the year...
:tinfoil:

Rain Man
01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
This thread may be an early nominee for biggest upset of the year...
:tinfoil:

I am a crocodile. I like motionless, indiscernible from a log. I wait patiently for my quarry, ready to strike when the moment arrives.

Sofa King
01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
I GOT HERE AS QUICKLY AS I COULD!

and found nothing.

Phobia
01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
I think it was ENDelt's old girlfriend MER. Either her or the maids. Maybe a combination of both.

JD10367
01-31-2011, 07:52 PM
I think this whole story is made up, and Rain Man is simply an attention whore. /noswadandgochiefs

JoeyChuckles
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Dammit I read through 12 pages only to find no answer. Cmon.

Dante84
01-31-2011, 08:24 PM
I'll tell ya who it was...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x5bVrHiPSzw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

mdchiefsfan
02-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Dude, I was laying in bed and just thought about this thread, which I read a month or so ago... So disappointing that there is no ending to such a well presented story.

Rain Man
02-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Crocodile. Still a crocodile. Still lying in wait.

Phobia
02-05-2011, 04:49 AM
This is almost exactly like watching Lost. Even when it ends nobody will understand any of it.

Pushead2
02-05-2011, 05:36 AM
This is almost exactly like watching Lost. Even when it ends nobody will understand any of it.

ROFL

Old Dog
02-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Dammit I read through 12 pages only to find no answer. Cmon.

If you had it set to 50 posts per page you would have only had to read through four pages

HoneyBadger
03-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Rain Man, I've been holding my breath too long waiting for an answer. Who was it???

Rain Man
03-15-2011, 09:34 PM
We're in a Mexican standoff. I think I'm going to need a bigger boat.